Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Not to defend anyone in this specific situation, but there are going to be other costs associated with a parent removing to another country to care for a sick child.  Is that parent a single parent needing to leave their employment for this trip?  How are they keeping up their financial responsibilities (rent and other bills) in their home country while they are away?  Are there other children who need to be cared for while the parent is gone?  If they are not a single parent, can the other parent meet all the responsibilities for the family without their spouse's support (be it at home or through their job)?  What about ongoing medical costs that are not part of the surgery itself (like any long term follow up care)?

Obviously bring a medically needy child to the US for their life saving surgery and paying for those hospital costs and the parent's housing is an amazing gift, but perhaps other organizations are seeking to help the family of that child in different ways.

Again, not saying that the Bates or Duggars are doing this.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If the Duggars/Bates actually help this child with no benefit to themselves, then Yay! If they use helping her for financial and egotistical gain, then fuck them.

I'll go with ""financial and egotistical gain" for five hundred, Alex.

• LOL 10
  • Love 14

I hope the child gets her surgery and makes a full recovery.

But this is so random.  How did they even hear about this child?  And, The Philippines? One of the most uber-Catholic countries in the world?

This fixation with sending "missionaries" to predominantly Catholic countries continues to simultaneously baffle and enrage me.  What a waste of time and money.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 17
17 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

So what did Dudley Do-Gooder actually do or is he planning to do?  Is he paying for her and her mother's flight to the US plus other costs?  If so, that's really great.

Oh, he’ll get at least two songs on the next album about this.

• LOL 4
On 2/4/2020 at 8:02 PM, crazy8s said:

JD's Mediccorps has claimed do be doing this for a while now - they are not qualified to do any of this

Current Project

Bringing the U.S.A 911 Response and care system to the Philippines.

Install 911 Systems

Equip and train First Responders

Installing and training LifeFlight responders

Train and equip hospital staff bring up the level of care to first world standards

Implement Chaplaincy program in the hospital

Connect patients and families with local churches for continued support and care

So they're not qualified to do any of the substantive stuff here. .... But they are "qualified" to stick Gothard-y "chaplains" in various facilities and trick people into calling them rather than actual medical facilities for "support and care." .... A stealth conversion mission masquerading as help with health care. Typical. 

Their timing in this is, not surprisingly, highly opportunistic, I'd say. They're like all the scam roofers who show up in your neighborhood after a big windstorm.

In 2018, the Philippines instituted a national 911 emergency system -- but to have it work properly, of course, they need all localities to use their own funds to establish local call centers in their areas....I guess this is the "service" these completely unqualified jerks will be "providing" as they preach about their nutso fantasy Jesus who has a special hatred for women who wear pants or anyone who goes to school.....

https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2018/06/01/Philippines-adopts-911-as-emergency-hotline-number.html

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Too bad tweenies don't watch American Idol anymore....this guy has "winner" written all over him.....

Mediocre singing talent ✔️

Sobby do-gooder backstory ✔️

Cute boy-bandy looks ✔️

Granny appeal ✔️

Fake down-homey charm ✔️

I smell an Idol.

• LOL 10
15 minutes ago, drafan said:

Too bad tweenies don't watch American Idol anymore....this guy has "winner" written all over him.....

Mediocre singing talent ✔️

Sobby do-gooder backstory ✔️

Cute boy-bandy looks ✔️

Granny appeal ✔️

Fake down-homey charm ✔️

I smell an Idol.

As a bona-fide "Claymate" from back in the early days of American Idol, I can say he doesn't even come close...Even though I've recovered from that phase since, he still misses the mark by a few miles.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Hasn't he aged out? I think he's about 27.

Mr. Google says the current top age is 28. So there's still a chance.

He's not a good enough singer to make it past the audition round where they have some people come to Hollywood to make asses of themselves. 

Although I must say I'd like to see him do that....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I think that Mediccorps better tread lightly if they are trying to bring their scam organization to the Philippines.  Their quasi-dictator President Duterte is not happy with the US these days, and like all tyrants he has eyes and ears everywhere.  He wouldn't hesitate to make an example of these grifters posing as do-gooders who are taking advantage of his countrymen.  I sincerely doubt whoever Mediccorps has over there is smart enough to talk their way out of a sticky situation.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 2/10/2020 at 12:39 AM, 3 is enough said:

But this is so random.  How did they even hear about this child?  And, The Philippines? One of the most uber-Catholic countries in the world?

This fixation with sending "missionaries" to predominantly Catholic countries continues to simultaneously baffle and enrage me.  What a waste of time and money.

I think organizing prayers like they’re signatures on a petition to god is also big in the Philippines. I think there’s crossover amongst the various “too much jesus” crowds. 

Edited by kokapetl
Make more sense
  • Love 3

I wonder who from the mediccorps crowd could even be in the Philippines besides Lawson.

Not JD, Josiah, Jana, Austin or Sierra's husband

Duggar hanger on and "construction foreman at duggar construction", Elijah Kaneshiro went with them on the Bahama trip but he seems to be in the states now.

So Lawson and maybe Jason??

• Love 2
20 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

So what did Dudley Do-Gooder actually do or is he planning to do?  Is he paying for her and her mother's flight to the US plus other costs?  If so, that's really great.

I just checked Lawson's link to the girl's GoFundMe and see they have raised 84,000 out of 100,000.  So Yay?

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I wonder who from the mediccorps crowd could even be in the Philippines besides Lawson.

Not JD, Josiah, Jana, Austin or Sierra's husband

Duggar hanger on and "construction foreman at duggar construction", Elijah Kaneshiro went with them on the Bahama trip but he seems to be in the states now.

So Lawson and maybe Jason??

It doesn’t appear that any Duggar went on that trip. 

• Love 1
Just now, Marthalord said:

It doesn’t appear that any Duggar went on that trip. 

yes

but given the Medccorps laundry list of things in the Philippines they claim as their "current project" none of them seem to have been there doing any of that.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Mr. Google says the current top age is 28. So there's still a chance.

He's not a good enough singer to make it past the audition round where they have some people come to Hollywood to make asses of themselves. 

Although I must say I'd like to see him do that....

He must have already tried this approach and failed by now. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

He must have already tried this approach and failed by now. 

Yeah, seems likely.....And he must have even failed to be one of the singers-who-greatly-overestimate-themselves who get their video aired. If he had, we'd have heard about it. 

• Love 5
On 2/9/2020 at 11:39 AM, 3 is enough said:

Esther Faith doesn't sound like any traditional Catholic name I'm familiar with. Maybe her family is evangelical and that's part of the reason she was chosen for this mission.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Esther Faith doesn't sound like any traditional Catholic name I'm familiar with. Maybe her family is evangelical and that's part of the reason she was chosen for this mission.  

I would assume there are still some Gothard-phile people in the Philippines, even if the ATI/IBLP isn't currently active there. (and, actually, I expect it is currently active, since there have been repeated "mission" trips by Duggars and others in that direction...)

The Philippines is still listed online as one of their international sites, and they mention training people there, beginning in 1999. So there are probably at least some evangelical pastors (and other local people) there who still maintain the connection and could have hooked Bateses et al up with this child.....and since Gil's on the board ... .

This is what the current IBLP website says about the Philippines --" In 1999, the city leaders in the Manila metro area had a growing interest in character development and invited IBLP to work with them to achieve this goal. The following year, the first two Basic Seminars were hosted in the city of Manila. Since that time, the seminar ministry has continued and God has given exciting opportunities to disciple orphans and instruct pastors in Biblical principles."

As with so many of the unfortunate places these Gothard jerks showed up, they mention the rich irony of Gothard and his cult being turned to as experts in "character development." (well, ironic to anybody who isn't a Gothardite, anyway)

https://iblp.org/about-iblp/what-we-do/international-ministries

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Since all of the Duggars seems to be shilling stuff on SM, it made me wonder if JB is as rich as everyone says he is. I see people saying that he's a millionaire and I don't necessarily doubt it, but how much are we talking about? Being a millionaire when you have a gazillion of dependants doesn't mean much. I also wonder if he has a lot properties that are just sitting there and not gaining any profit. Like that house Josh "bought". He's had it for years and done nothing with. Doesn't he have to pay taxes on it? I also wonder how much the other businesses (car lots, aviation, etc..) generate much profits since these people don't even seem to work. I also think the show can't possibly pay enough to support everyone. 

• Love 16
24 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Since all of the Duggars seems to be shilling stuff on SM, it made me wonder if JB is as rich as everyone says he is. I see people saying that he's a millionaire and I don't necessarily doubt it, but how much are we talking about? Being a millionaire when you have a gazillion of dependants doesn't mean much. I also wonder if he has a lot properties that are just sitting there and not gaining any profit. Like that house Josh "bought". He's had it for years and done nothing with. Doesn't he have to pay taxes on it? I also wonder how much the other businesses (car lots, aviation, etc..) generate much profits since these people don't even seem to work. I also think the show can't possibly pay enough to support everyone. 

Yeah, I agree. I mean, maybe between the show and whichever properties are performing, there's enough money to support the gang now. But it's hard to see where much real income growth can be coming from. Not all the real estate "investments" are founts of rising value, as we've seen ... and he's gone so heavily into real estate that I'd be surprised if his other kinds of holdings, like stocks, are terribly extensive.....

Meanwhile, the various family "businesses" seem pretty ramshackle, constructed out of used chewing gum, shoddy work, pre-totaled automobiles, very used airplanes, pie-in-the-sky grifter dreams, and twine. 

And while there may be enough assets for now, they just keep pumping out kid after kid and nobody is making much if any effort to be educated or employable, especially among the actual blood Duggars. 

With an exponentially increasing mob of people who will all be seeking financial support for God knows how long -- and who have, in some ways, some pretty damn champagne tastes, considering their lack of employment -- you do need some serious income growth coming from somewhere. Or you're going to hit a wall at some point. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21
20 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Meanwhile, the various family "businesses" seem pretty ramshackle, constructed out of used chewing gum, shoddy work, pre-totaled automobiles, very used airplanes, pie-in-the-sky grifter dreams, and twine.

Pretty much every Duggar business for the last 4 generations. They don't know any better/different.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Pretty much every Duggar business for the last 4 generations. They don't know any better/different.

You are so right.  I also think that they don't care.  If they can get away with the shoddiness, etc. without any extra effort they aren't going try to do any better.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

FYI. It's Jesus-based, of course.

https://livingunited.com/branson-couples-retreat/

At least they’re not speaking, but Kendra‘s parents are. 

Nice list of topics 

Sessions Topics:

2020 Vision – Love and Respect

Family Vision — Family Devotions

Birds Eye View — Faith Filled Finances

Blurred Vision – Outside Problems Coming In

Hind Sight – Influencing the Generations Behind You

Bedroom Eyes – God’s Vision for Marital Intimacy

Impaired Vision – When Sickness Hits Home

Double Vision – Work-Life Balance

Influencing the generations behind you? Dead people? They’re summoning dead people now

God‘s vision for marital intimacy involves a lot of awkwardness in the missionary position. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Nothing about inside problems coming out?

Should be a topic. Especially if sexual abuse is as prevalent as Jill tried to claim in the Megyn Kelly interview.

Edited by Sew Sumi
That was weird
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Should be a topic. Especially if sexual abuse is as prevalent as Jill tried to claim in the Megyn Kelly interview.

Wouldn’t that be 

Impaired Vision – When Sickness Hits Home

Or sickness is only when you’re bleeding out from the umpteenth homebirth on your couch?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Any of those topics cover what to do when your daughter cuts her hair, gets a nose piercing, wears jeans, appears to be using birth control, and sends her kid to public school? 

Publicly pray and privately up your meds. 

• LOL 19
28 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Any of those topics cover what to do when your daughter cuts her hair, gets a nose piercing, wears jeans, appears to be using birth control, and sends her kid to public school? 

“ we always had 18 kids, I don’t know where you get the 19 from! “

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
On 2/21/2020 at 9:33 PM, ginger90 said:

Nothing about inside problems coming out?

That would be a feature, not a bug. 

Only they wouldn't be calling their inside problems "problems." They'd call them "super-godly principles that should come out because everybody should follow them, not just us..." 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3