Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E01: Week 1

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Sorry, I'm late! ;-)

A few things:

• Fleiss won't pay for and televise Des and Chris's wedding, even though they seem they have a puncher's chance of making it because they're "boring"? Sean and Catherine are a barrel of laughs, I guess (yawn!). Heck, Des/Chris weren't even invited to that circus they called a red carpet, but that clown Brooks is walking down as if HE was the one that was scorned.
  • Once I saw Steven Stagliano's twin brother, his fame whoring sister-in-law (Deanna), and their baby on the red carpet, I changed the channel to the Bulls/Rockets game. Sadly, I missed the video montages of the bachelorettes. Which one is a widow? Who has a kid?
  • I'm surprised he kept Drunky Duke after she looked as if she was ready to keel over. I guess Fleiss told Chris that she was good television.
  • Also, what's with the stunt casting? A WWE girl? A plus-sized model? I guess the Duggar girls and the Teen Moms had better things to do. Ironically, neither were picked. Thank you, Chris. You show you have a bit of integrity in you.
Edited by Nedsdag
  • Love 2

It occurred to me as I was watching the women meet Chris that several of them had a familiar look.  Someone mentioned an Amy Adams look-alike and Kelsey looking like a cross between Alyssa Milano and Jackie from Roseanne.  One of the girls, I think Samantha, looked kind of like Sandra Bullock.  And after thinking about it for a while I decided that Kaitlin reminded me of Mimi Rogers.

I think a lot of the women, Britt especially, are way more attractive than Chris. 

Sorry, I'm late! ;-)

A few things:

• Fleiss won't pay for and televise Des and Chris's wedding, even though they seem they have a puncher's chance of making it because they're "boring"? Sean and Catherine are a barrel of laughs, I guess (yawn!). Heck, Des/Chris weren't even invited to that circus they called a red carpet, but that clown Brooks is walking down as if HE was the one that was scorned.
  • Once I saw Steven Stagliano's twin brother, his fame whoring sister-in-law (Deanna), and their baby on the red carpet, I changed the channel to the Bulls/Rockets game. Sadly, I missed the video montages of the bachelorettes. Which one is a widow? Who has a kid?.

Kids:

Mackenzie has a son named Kale. (got a rose)

Michelle has two kids (didn't get a rose)

Widow:

Kelsey's husband died suddenly a bit over a year ago. (got a rose)

Fleiss won't pay for and televise Des and Chris's wedding, even though they seem they have a puncher's chance of making it because they're "boring"? Sean and Catherine are a barrel of laughs, I guess (yawn!).

But with Sean and Catherine they could promote the heck out of the "they're totally going to sleep together for the first time as soon as the cameras turn off!" and do a lot of elbow nudging and chuckling about the "wedding night" which couldn't do with any other couple. 

i thought Britt was very pretty and I liked what she said to Chris about a wife having a shoulder for her husband to lean on, or cry on or seek comfort on as well as her leaning on him. After twenty years of marriage, I agree that most men want someone who they can lean on too. It sounded a bit cheesy, but genuine. I also liked the widow with the short dark hair. Being in Illinois, I paid attention to the too from the Chicago area, but the Minnie Mouse voiced one was so annoying I couldn't believe he kept her.

I always wonder how the bachelor can remember all of the names or even remember who he talked to. I can only guess he goes back into the room and just chooses from the pictures (with the help of production), and the names are somehow on the roses. I looked really close though and couldn't see any names last night.

Chris is good looking and seems pleasant, but right now there is something a little off about him to me. Of course, I actually like Sean and thought he was a nice guy so I might have a different world view.

It occurred to me as I was watching the women meet Chris that several of them had a familiar look.  Someone mentioned an Amy Adams look-alike and Kelsey looking like a cross between Alyssa Milano and Jackie from Roseanne.  One of the girls, I think Samantha, looked kind of like Sandra Bullock.  And after thinking about it for a while I decided that Kaitlin reminded me of Mimi Rogers.

It was bugging me all night who Tara, the drunk girl, reminded me of, and then it hit me. She looks like former Bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky. Or she looks like Ali if Ali had recently been sick, and left her sick bed about a day too early to attend the first cocktail party. And of course later on she kind of looked like a sick, drunk Ali. 

And while I was sad to see the Amy Adams look alike get the boot, I did think it was fitting that Big Eyes (Amanda) also was sent packing on the same night. That is the type of synergy you just can't buy.

• Love 4

I missed a lot of the show, but all I want to know is if the big-eyed girl got sent home.  I couldn't stand to look at her. 

I hated the way she talked -  Something about the way she emphasized certain syllables, while opening her eyes REALLY WIDE, bugged me.  Reminded me of a preschool teacher my son had, that he thought was creepy. 

• Love 1
I think Britt has a sort of Jenna Dewan Tatum/Tiffani-Amber Thiessen thing going on.

Britt also reminds me a lot of Vanessa Minello, now Vanessa Lachey. Like the resemblance is almost uncanny to me.

I thought she looks like a young Kathy Ireland. Gorgeous woman, but doesn't feel genuine to me at all. I smell wrong reasons.

As for the rest of the show:

- The "red carpet" segment was obviously filler, but it was hilarious how all those Bachelor Family famewhores ate up the adulation of the screaming "fans". Those idiots really seemed to think they were on a proper Hollywood red carpet. 

- I thought it was really ungentlemanly of Chris to interrupt the Canadian girl (Kaitlyn?) who tried to make a joke and insist the he speak first. Her joke was terrible, but he was rude to interrupt her.

- Instant attraction is great and all, but I thought it was tacky to make out with a girl on night one. IIRC, not even Ben and Juan Pablo (the tackiest Bachelors in recent history) did that. It was especially awkward since she was wearing bright lipstick before he whisked her away, and when they came back arm in arm the lipstick was gone.

- Because it can't be said enough, Whitney's voice!!! I'm going to have to mute and close caption the TV when she speaks.

• Love 3

Whitney  -  with her too-thin nose, I wonder if maybe she had a nose job (not a good one) and it changed her voice.  

So - he liked the girl who told an off-color joke, the one who got drunk, the "onion" girl (also drunk?) and the girl with the  minnie mouse voice.  What a nut! 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 4

My reminds me ofs:

Mackenzie: Kristen Stewart

Nikki: Lady Mary of Downton Abbey without the prissiness.

Tara: Zooey Deschanel, I know, I didn't see it at first because of the blonde hair, but it explains why I  thought all the drunk stuff was kind of adorable.

Amanda:  My son, who isn't mean like me, came in and pointed out how cruel the editing was to keep zooming in on her eye popping expressions.  He's right.  If they had done that to someone with a big nose or a wide rear we would be mad.  I'll bet she has no idea she widens them like that and she's probably crying right now.  Dumb show.

Who I don't feel sorry for is Nikki nee Juan Pablo.  She willingly went on TB, a show about finding love in front of the world, fought hard against Clare to "win,"  then agreed to Couples Therapy which, by definition, had to be more invasive than a colonoscopy, then accepted the invitation to this "Premiere."   Just say, "No".

• Love 4

Andi and Josh looked terrible and I just can't stand how she speaks. I can't wait for them to break up either! And I'm sad Nikki ruined her body with implants. The fact that she never seemed ashamed of her small breasts is one of the few things I liked about her. I really hope she didn't do it for Juan Pablo's sake, because that would be beyond sad. Good for her for not letting CH put words in her mouth though, no matter how hard he tried. Marcus does look depressed, and he did during the Bachelorette and BIP too. Maybe it's just his resting face. I can see Lacey being willing to nurse him though, considering her profession and backstory. Good luck to her!

I'm still on the fence about Chris. I never thought he was as perfect as they tried to make him out to be and the previews didn't look very promising. There's just something off about him. I also thought it was rude to interrupt Kaitlyn even though her joke turned out inappropriate.

Britt seems terribly fake to me, or at least she's trying way too hard, but apparently Chris is lapping it up. Making out right away was a bit strange, but I suppose they'd known each other longer than most one-night-stands by then.

Whitney's voice is very strange. At times it sounds pretty normal, but then when she's giddy it suddenly changes into that really high Minnie Mouse voice, so I'm not sure if she's doing it on purpose or not. If she is then she needs to stop. It's not cute even for a teenager let alone an adult.

Most of these women blend in together for me at this point, and there's not much I can say about the crazies that hasn't been said already. Oh, nice to see the Waddell family being just a as quirky as I remembered. I'm happy Zak's engaged already!

• Love 6

I have a terrible memory for names when I meet people in a crowd. As someone who taught large classes in the past, I was sadly notorious for never being able to acknowledge a student by name without the seating chart in front of me for at least the first half of the semester. So I always wonder how the Bachelors and Bachelorettes remember the names of the Chosen Ones when the time comes for the first rose ceremony. Chris starts by telling the camera he's overwhelmed by the number of pretty women there, in the middle of the party he forgets the name of one of the women he's already had a brief one-on-one with and apologizes, but when the time comes, he reels off the names as if he's known them all forever. Are the producers holding up signs with the names on them?

Yes.  They have to be.  

I doubt we will see any more televised weddings.  The ratings were probably not good enough to warrant the expenditure.  I didn't watch.  Weddings are boring even if I know the people personally unless it is a fun non traditional event.  

• Love 1

I doubt we will see any more televised weddings.  The ratings were probably not good enough to warrant the expenditure.  I didn't watch.  Weddings are boring even if I know the people personally unless it is a fun non traditional event.  

I agree. I don't think most of the viewers of this show would call themselves fans of the lead or the couple. They watch the show while it's on for the competition aspect and the lavish dates, but lose interest in the players soon after they leave the screen. By the time their wedding rolls along the viewers are like "who were these people again? Oh yeah, didn't like him/her" and skip the broadcast. As dedicated as the "Bachelor Nation" is according to the producers, I think they only make up a fraction of the audience. Most are casual viewers who don't get too invested. The novelty of couples from this franchise staying together has worn off too by now.

• Love 2

Are the producers holding up signs with the names on them?

Yes.  They have to be.

No (I explained it earlier). Not only would that be insulting to the bachelorettes, but we would be able to tell. Obviously there's no one behind them (we get a wide shot of the whole group), and if there were someone off to the side the girls would contort themselves to get a peek.

• Love 2

No (I explained it earlier). Not only would that be insulting to the bachelorettes, but we would be able to tell. Obviously there's no one behind them (we get a wide shot of the whole group), and if there were someone off to the side the girls would contort themselves to get a peek.

It takes hours and hours to film the first rose ceremony. I imagine after every few girls, filming stops and Chris talks to producers, etc. They probably remind him of names.

As far as the first impression rose, here is what Chris Harrison said about it….

Rose Rage: You might have noticed by the time Chris gave Britt the first impression rose, it had been manhandled by the ladies and wasn't looking too good — so we gave her a nice new one for the rose ceremony. Chris and Britt walked arm and arm back into the party after he gave her the first impression rose. That may not have been a good idea; he might as well have painted a massive target on the poor girl's back.

I also thought it was rude to interrupt Kaitlyn even though her joke turned out inappropriate.

I thought it was rude for her to interrupt him when he was making his welcome speech.  But I also thought he was kind of short with her when he told her to let him finish first.  And when her joke bombed I thought for sure she was a goner.  I don't know maybe he liked the lesson for what ever break dancing move she gave him.  It looked stupid but he must not have minded.  OR the producers said to keep her just for drama.

• Love 5

Whitney's voice is very strange. At times it sounds pretty normal, but then when she's giddy it suddenly changes into that really high Minnie Mouse voice, so I'm not sure if she's doing it on purpose or not. If she is then she needs to stop. It's not cute even for a teenager let alone an adult.

Whitney reminds me of two people.

The first is a cute little thing that sat near me when I worked in a call center.  At first, her "call voice" was high pitched, breathy, somewhat nasal, and she had a lisp.  She drove me crazy because of the annoyance factor.  I transferred out of that area and a year later was transferred back to discover that she suddenly had a totally different voice!  She'd start off all her calls as a normal person, but from listening to her I realized that as the call went on, sometimes her voice would creep back to her original "little girl" voice.  She was saving "little girl" for older people or men she thought would spend more money flirting with the charming, naive airhead.  The whole thing was silly since the company didn't do outbound calls, we were just taking orders from people who had already indicated via the phone tree that they were calling to make a purchase.

The second person Whitney reminds me of is a woman who works in an office directing phone calls.  She has a form of cleft palate where the hard palate (the roof of her mouth) is missing, but the soft tissue is there so her mouth is separated from the nasal passages.  It always seemed strange to me that an employer would hire her to speak on the phone all day.

I doubt it had anything to do with the homophobic comments. If Juan Pablo had played the Bachelor game and been the perfect little Bachelor, having the big dramatic engagement, saying "I Love You" to Nikki, etc. the show would have defended and not given a damn about his homophobic comments. They hate Juan Pablo because he had zero fucks to give during his season, would not play the game of pretending he was falling in love with anyone, treated the whole thing as some casual fling/dating situation rather than some "amazing journey to find his great love", made dickish comments to and about some of the women, supposedly even the crew members couldn't stand him and then he basically dismissed and ignored Chris Harrison's shit at the live finale. And that's why they still hate him so much.

Thing is, as I said when the whole season was falling apart and becoming an embarrassing mess, the producers and show deserved it. Juan Pablo never had any business being the Bachelor. The guy was barely on Des' season and Des herself said that Juan Pablo was nice enough and always complimentary to her with regards to the physical, as in she looked beautiful but there was never anything deeper than that from him and he always turned every conversation back to himself. Which is essentially exactly what they got when he was the Bachelor. How the people who have all these many hours of footage and seeing the things the viewers don't didn't realize this and realize that this guy was in no way serious about finding a wife or even a serious relationship, is beyond me. So they deserved what they got.

I always felt like they picked Juan Pablo as a Giant Fuck You to the guy who at the end of Desiree's season was saying One of Us has to Be the Next bachelor. When it was final 4 or 6. He was defending himself saying that does not mean Im not here for the right reasons- ITS JUST A FACT THAT IT HAS TO BE ONE OF US! So the producers wanted to prove him wrong that it was not a fact that it had to be one of them and picked Juan Pablo. Does anyone remember this? I dont remember the guy's name but I remember the whole issue when the picked Juan Pablo.

• Love 2

I thought it was rude for her to interrupt him when he was making his welcome speech.  But I also thought he was kind of short with her when he told her to let him finish first.  And when her joke bombed I thought for sure she was a goner.  I don't know maybe he liked the lesson for what ever break dancing move she gave him.  It looked stupid but he must not have minded.  OR the producers said to keep her just for drama.

That was the same woman who insisted she give him a dance lesson?  Maybe I'm not remembering it right, but I thought she was being kind of bossy to him by insisting that he learn a dance step, and then seemed kind of condescending to him when she declared that he did well.

I also thought her break dancing sucked.

And although I got her joke and even chuckled a bit, I thought that is was totally inappropriate for the venue.  That's the sort of joke you hear among friends drinking at a bar or at a place where they're all drinking and a bit sauced, and tell the dirty jokes they wouldn't normally tell.

• Love 2

I didn't watch when Chris was a "contestant" so he is new to me.

Ummm, Britt is a waitress in LA. Which means she is an actress wannabe and just waiting for her big break. Now she is hoping that The Bachelor will help that along. That is all.

She knew what to say and how to act because .... she's an actress. IMO, she was a tad dramatic and over the top. But Chris ate it up. Maybe she is hoping she can become the next Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond), but of farming instead of ranching.

• Love 4

Britt is an actress.  She has done a very good short.  I believe she came on for a career boost.  I have no problem with people coming with an agenda.  We are all looking for love so 2 birds with one stone, why not?   In Britt's case I think she piled it on to ensure longevity but knew that Chris was not for her at some point, probably from the start!  I really don't care.  I just want this show to move faster but it never does.  

A paint ball war with zombies?  Oh good grief. 

I always felt like they picked Juan Pablo as a Giant Fuck You to the guy who at the end of Desiree's season was saying One of Us has to Be the Next bachelor. When it was final 4 or 6.

They picked him because the women in the Men Tell All studio audience (and on Twitter probably) went insaaaaaane for Juan Pablo. None of others got that sort of response.

• Love 1

They picked him because the women in the Men Tell All studio audience (and on Twitter probably) went insaaaaaane for Juan Pablo. None of others got that sort of response.

That is what I remember too and I also thought the other contenders (F2 and 3) didn't want to do it.  

I always wonder how the bachelor can remember all of the names or even remember who he talked to. I can only guess he goes back into the room and just chooses from the pictures (with the help of production), and the names are somehow on the roses. I looked really close though and couldn't see any names last night.

Yes, Reality Steve gets asked this all the time, and he constantly reiterates that they only film 2 or 3 rose handouts at time, then they stop filming while Chris huddles with the producers to decide who's next.  Then they roll the cameras again for the next 2 or 3.  So he only has to remember a couple names at a time.  That also explains Tara's behavior (and that of those like her in the past): not only are they drop down drunk by that time, they then have to stand through the ceremony, in high heels, for up to a couple hours. 

Yes, Reality Steve gets asked this all the time, and he constantly reiterates that they only film 2 or 3 rose handouts at time, then they stop filming while Chris huddles with the producers to decide who's next.  Then they roll the cameras again for the next 2 or 3.  So he only has to remember a couple names at a time.  That also explains Tara's behavior (and that of those like her in the past): not only are they drop down drunk by that time, they then have to stand through the ceremony, in high heels, for up to a couple hours. 

That also makes sense, then, why he just suddenly and silently walked out of the rose ceremony to talk to Harrison. It seemed odd at the time that he didn't at least say "Excuse me for a moment" or something.

After all the other producer-induced shenanigans that have leaked out, I'm pretty skeptical of what they show us from their in-studio audience or about the huge demand from viewers (like, really, there were 30 b'ettes this time because everyone lovvvvvvvvvved ChrisS so much? Not just so they could do that first-shift/second-shift of limos monkey business?)

• Love 1
Wait, do people actually watch this show without doing something else at the same time?

hahaha. It's definitely a multi-tasking hour(s). Due to this inattention during the red carpet I missed Nikki's boobs--it was mentioned by a friend and several times here, I should have been being a better citizen of Bachelor Nation.

• Love 1

I'm guessing it was your last reason. I saw nothing appealing about her (those dance moves? Please. And that joke was stupid and unfunny--while going for "crude" and failing.

I thought he was a little abrupt with her but then tried to clarify that he needed to say what he had planned first. Which seemed fair enough to me--I thought it was kind of obnoxious for her to take over the moment by offering to "tell a joke" (rarely a welcome thing to me, under any circumstances, since "told" jokes tend to be unfunny and people who rely on telling them usually can't depend on their own sense of humor to find funny things in real life. I hoped he'd let her go, but I guess there'll be more "humor" ahead from her.) I did appreciate that the women didn't feel obligated to laugh and yet were polite.

I don't see the beauty here--they look fine, but no one really a "natural knockout" imo (although without all that makeup maybe they would be). There are no minorities, are there? That's unusual and makes me wonder if Chris requested that. (Not a bad thing, since at least he wouldn't be a hypocrite. Still...odd for TB.)

• Love 1

I'm guessing it was your last reason. I saw nothing appealing about her (those dance moves? Please. And that joke was stupid and unfunny--while going for "crude" and failing.

I thought he was a little abrupt with her but then tried to clarify that he needed to say what he had planned first. Which seemed fair enough to me--I thought it was kind of obnoxious for her to take over the moment by offering to "tell a joke" (rarely a welcome thing to me, under any circumstances, since "told" jokes tend to be unfunny and people who rely on telling them usually can't depend on their own sense of humor to find funny things in real life. I hoped he'd let her go, but I guess there'll be more "humor" ahead from her.) I did appreciate that the women didn't feel obligated to laugh and yet were polite.

I don't see the beauty here--they look fine, but no one really a "natural knockout" imo (although without all that makeup maybe they would be). There are no minorities, are there? That's unusual and makes me wonder if Chris requested that. (Not a bad thing, since at least he wouldn't be a hypocrite. Still...odd for TB.)

Amber looks like the only PoC Bachelorette. So not none.

I agree. I don't think most of the viewers of this show would call themselves fans of the lead or the couple. They watch the show while it's on for the competition aspect and the lavish dates, but lose interest in the players soon after they leave the screen. By the time their wedding rolls along the viewers are like "who were these people again? Oh yeah, didn't like him/her" and skip the broadcast. As dedicated as the "Bachelor Nation" is according to the producers, I think they only make up a fraction of the audience. Most are casual viewers who don't get too invested. The novelty of couples from this franchise staying together has worn off too by now.

Yeah, I watch, but I'm certainly not embracing being part of the "Bachelor nation".  And, if I saw one of those brunettes alone, outside of the show and without her partner,  my reaction would be - isn't that Catherine?  I  mean Andi?  No, Des?  right?  or someone else from Bachelor?  

I wasn't sure if that was ACTUALLY true, or if that was the impression they wanted to give us.   Just like Chris Harrison always telling us that "America fell in love"  with someone last season, so now they're looking for love.   I remember the ads where they had all these women say "Juan pablo"  in a sexy voice, but I didn't believe that they were doing that for any reason other than a chance to be on TV. 

about women getting drunk and looking like they're going to pass out at the rose ceremony -  Someone who was on previously had revealed that they are there for HOURS, and, while alcoholic drinks are readily available, plain old WATER is hard to come by.  The producers want SOMEONE to get drunk, or faint, or something dramatic.  That said, it was pretty stupid for Tara to be drinking shots.  

Chris is a farmer the way Bill Gates is a computer guy or Donald Trump is a hotel guy.  Chris doesn't personally plant anything (unless he wants to play on a tractor), slop hogs or milk cows.  He has a company that invests in huge farms, commodities and farm futures.  He's more finance and deals than hay & hoedowns.  He's in the business of farms, and he's got a LOT of money.  While he grew up with the hands-on farming, he's way beyond that as an adult.  He hires people to get their hands dirty so he doesn't have to.  Unless he wants to.

This. Grain farmers are outrageously busy in spring and fall, planting and harvest. Winter is spent either repairing machinery and buldings or drinking coffee at the local grain elevator/cafe. Summer is spent mowing grass and keeping their yards and houses immaculate. Others go to Florida/Arizona over winter to get away from ... winter. Many farmers gave up livestock as being too much work (year 'round) for not much profit, although some still have feedlots if they have excess grain to spare.

Today while I was outside in multi-layers of clothes, gloves and boots, pitching hay and feeding livestock in -35 degree weather, falling face down in a foot of snow on a few occasions after tripping on things under the snow, my one thought was, if I had Chris's opportunity to get the H*LL out of Iowa, I'd go for it, too.

While Chris H. was grilling Nikki to say something bad about Juan Pablo, I kept wishing she would have said, "So Chris, how's YOUR marriage coming along?" Who hasn't dated someone for a period of time, then broken up for whatever reason? Juan Pablo was hilarious in those clips when he was on B-ette and the boys got him to say things in his heavy accent. I know I appreciated that humor, AND his legs on the football pitch.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 6

I got a chuckle over how crisp and clean Chris's motorcycle outfit was--the boots and leather jacket hardly looked worn and his jeans seemed pressed. Nothing had a speck of dirt or dust on them, despite riding along Iowa dirt roads.

I snorted at how he went from riding off the farm and then was in L.A. traffic.  Riiiiiight.  Rode that iron horse all the way to Californ-i-a, dintcha Cowboy.  BTW, lest anyone think that any of that gear was really his, I noticed a Harley Davidson mention in the closing credits.  Product placement and sponsorship is the lifeblood of "reality" television. 

I don't know, I think it was more a "welcome to the family" style interview.  The ATFR with her and Juan Pablo was so antagonistic and off-putting, this felt more like the welcome from Chris H and PTB for Nikki.  I was happy that she did not entirely toe the company line while selling out JP.  I see her making the next Pad-style Bachelor iteration.

Agreed, if another Bachelor franchise will have her.  They won TB and they've done Couples Therapy.  Now they're broken up, so she doesn't have much else to milk out of the 15 Minutes Cash Cow (see what I did there, with the farm theme this season?)

Damn, I fell asleep. Did I really miss the most dramatic "blah, blah, blah" ever!

At least during the live event Chris H. had the grace to give us a verbal wink when he was flogging the upcoming season and using

all the requisite hyperbole. A couple of times he smirked and said something like, "I know I've never said this before but...."

Britt is an actress.  She did a short film.  It is really good.

The Free Hugs thing is ridiculous. I'm sorry it's creepy. I don't like Britt. She is too obviously auditioning to "win" the show and be the next bachelorette. She is trying way too hard.

Agreed, she's an aspiring actress and she's trying to get a career going.  However, she can't win this show.  In order for her to be the next B'ette, Chris will have to break her heart so all of America falls in love with her.  Based on the previews, that might be happening..

Got to give TPTB credit for changing it up this year - live intro, breaking up the limo arrivals (even if the latter was just a device to contrive drama). But we still have the usual suspects - Psycho Girl, Mean Girl, Party Girl, Widow(s) Bravely Trying For A Second Chance At Love and/or Single Mom Who No Doubt Was Done Wrong And Has A Television-(and Daddy)-Ready Adorable Child, Broken Hearted Girls Who Were Sent Home.  If this show consisted of people who were There For The Right Reason, the only people on it would be the camera and sound crew.

Very disappointed that they're using "Prince Farming".  I predicted before The B'ette was over that Chris was going lose and go on to star in "The Bachelor: Farmer Takes A Wife".  Maybe that was too "corny" (see what I did there? Again?) 

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Love 4

I watch too much reality TV.  I want to see all of the Real Housewives who are single and want to re-marry (so many get divorced after being on) do a Bachelor-like show!!  Maybe Chris Harrison could be The Bachelor!!  They are all in a similar age-range.   

• Love 1

Like others,   I was working on my computer and failed to see who was cut.   Please tell me the pomegranate girl made it.   Anyone who gets that het up by pomegranates is ok in my book.     Also, the gangly girl who came in wearing shorts.    She looked rather naturally beautiful in this  heavily made up and be haired bunch.    Also natural seeming was the scraggly haired girl who named her kid after a salad green, but sadly,  as another intrepid poster noticed, she DOES look like Beavis. 

Chris is homely, IMO.    I was idly wondering if he's Greek based on his last name, but other than that, he's a big, blank, bland slate.    Was it just me, or does he wear Frankenstein shoes all the time?

Oh, if I needed more reasons to love drunk Tara,  one of the most important things to her per her bio is whiskey, one of her biggest dating fears is having bad gas and her date "finding her out", and her listed occupation is "Sport fishing enthusiast".    Good stuff, lady.   She's also a fellow Ft Lauderdaiian.   

Edited by Mu Shu
I think it was more a "welcome to the family" style interview.  The ATFR with her and Juan Pablo was so antagonistic and off-putting, this felt more like the welcome from Chris H and PTB for Nikki.

To me it seemed more like a bullshit "we'll benevolently allow you to 'return from exile' if you'll shit on Juan Pablo".  That's why Chris Harrison kept pressing her to say how awful JP was.

• Love 2

That also makes sense, then, why he just suddenly and silently walked out of the rose ceremony to talk to Harrison. It seemed odd at the time that he didn't at least say "Excuse me for a moment" or something.

Yeah, JenE4 and the editors had their hands in that as well. Looking more closely at the incident, there were way more roses on the table when he spun on his heels and walked out than were left when Tara was given hers...

• Love 1

I  completely agree. I was shocked how normal she sounded in some of her interviews, and especially her montage thing that was taped while she was working etc. I couldn't even believe it was the same girl. I bet it's a nervous thing.

I didn't mind Whitney's voice, but she seemed lacking in personality (of course, difficult to "meet" in a group "date" on television). I pretty much couldn't stand Kaitlyn (dislike joke-tellers since they're rarely the ones who see actual -humor- in real life situations and I dislike unfunny crude jokes, and apparently she's got a million of them.)

I'm being perfectly serious here--how could you not mind Whitney's voice?  I can see disagreeing on something like looks (I'm in the minority in thinking Britt isn't particularly beautiful; people's tastes do vary) but that voice?  Are you around the baby vocal fry all the time and have become immune?  Or maybe it's like fingernails on a chalkboard--are there people whom it doesn't affect for some reason?  Actually, that makes me wonder what her parents think about it.  I'm all over loving your child after a hideously disfiguring accident, but if my child developed that voice?  That would be tough.

Kaitlyn's joke was awful.  As you said, unfunny and crude--a lethal combination.  Want to tell a joke that won't offend and will be over before people can think, "Oh no, here comes a joke"?  Horse walks into a bar.  Bartender says, "Why the long face?"

• Love 2

I thought Whitney's voice sounded like a nasal nose job every time she spoke, including in her individual montage. That was when I first thought, yikes, that girl needs to be out of here.

Thanks for catching that Harley credit, Lone Wolf. Nice snag. It's really odd they showed Chris riding a Harley all over Iowa. Not like he couldn't own one, but he probably really drives a pickup truck (Ford, Ram tough) and/or a luxury "regular" car for dating. Maybe even Lexus. IF that's made in America. And, if he dates. Bottom line, I doubt that bike was his, it was all for image, thank you very much Harley Davidson.

Which makes me ask: Has anyone seen anything about past dates/sweethearts/fiancées? This guy couldn't have gone to a major HUGE university like Iowa and not had a single hookup or girlfriend. Those universities are FULL of beautiful women, and Ames has a quite nice vet college besides the ag courses. TONS of available women in both colleges who wouldn't mind settling down in rural Iowa. What's up with Chris's past? Anyone know? I mean, besides the drunk arrests that is.

Just because he lives/farms in a small town, he still went to junior high, high school and a majorly huge university. It's not like he was in a military boys-only boarding school all those years. There were plenty of women around, and lots that wouldn't mind driving meals out to the fields to feed her man during harvest/planting.

I had forgotten to say earlier: I did not notice Nikki's boobs. I usually don't notice "those things" unless they are popping out or dancing around inside a shirt. But, I remember reading Juan Pablo's bio during Des's season. One thing he never did was read a book, and the thing he looked for in a woman was BIG BREASTS. Yeah, true.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1