Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E01: Week 1

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

They didn't show Bo saying goodbye or an exit talking head.  As the only "normal-sized girl", I thought she'd get a little more screen time.

I don't even think her intro was shown, other than a one second shot of her heading toward Chris.

Chris Harrison, I think the Juan Pablo smear campaign is complete. Please move on.

I really hope people who have read spoilers avoid/stop making thinly-veiled predictions and other clever statements about which women will stick around until the end. It ruins the show for the unspoiled.

• Love 8

Britt and Alissa?? The journalist with long black hair were both stunning. I actually said wow when they came out, and I'm watching for hottie Chris! Lol

I would have instantly on the spot eliminated the singing girl. Gag

As for Whitney and that voice, I swear I got diabetes from watching her intro package. That was a whole lotta sugar sweet. I have issues when people baby talk their tiny dogs too. But then both mine were 60+ pounds so not the fan of the tiny dog.

[snip]

Edited by Rhondinella

The 3 hours was too much, but I did enjoy the red carpet while it was on--watching the Bachelor Family rejects milling around in the background swilling champagne. I thought Erica Rose's silver lame jumpsuit was atrocious--until Catherine sashayed in wearing a shower curtain as a cape! Even Neil Lane was there!

It's daylight by the time this damn rose ceremony is over! No wonder why several of the girls are practically falling over drunk! The drunk onion/pomegranate girl had on the dress that I liked the most, but I was REALLY surprised that he kept her, as she was already sloppy drunk not making any sense during their 1:1 time. At least the one who almost fell off the stand that Chris called a time out over he did seem to like her whiskey-slugging ways earlier on. For some reason Chris has been given this image of a sweet, innocent guy, but I think he's going for the wild, party girls--based solely on him choosing the sloppy drunk, less attractive girls over some very attractive more put-together women. She wasn't drunk, but i was also surprised that he picked the young mother who has a son named Kale and yet has never heard of alfalfa! She asked whether it's at least organic. Ooh. I'm waiting for a meltdown if it turns out Chris is raising GMO corn that's processed into high fructose corn syrup! And he also kept that karaoke singer?! Yikes.

Ok, the good choices: The heat between Chris and Britt was palpable as soon as they met with that long embrace, and their first 1:1 time they totally had hearts in their eyes, so I thought their kiss was great, when I didn't think I would when I saw him kiss someone in the commercial. I don't believe in love at first sight, but if they end up together, I would say we witnessed it tonight. But, hell, she is smoking hot, so even as a straight woman myself, who wouldn't have hearts in his eyes over her?! I also liked the woman with the short brown hair who's a widowed school teacher. I think everyone else blurred together to me at this point! But I do think there were more quality women there (not counting the wrestler and the makeup salesgirl with the barely bedazzled nipples) than a lot of other seasons.

• Love 1

And so, Amy Adams was eliminated from The Bachelor

Maybe she looked too delicate for the farm? She was pretty.

Maybe he couldn't get past her pig-nose first impression.

• Love 2

That poor girl with the squeaky baby voice.  (Fertility nurse or something?)   I can't imagine waking up to that every day.  

Yeah, I think my eggs would have hidden in fear if she were the nurse sent in at a fertility clinic.

• Love 4

Honestly, I may need to rewatch (and that would include a lot of FF on the DVR) because I'm seeing so many comments about the women being a beautiful bunch and I didn't notice at all and I think it was because I was really distracted by the hideous fashion - the wrestler girl, the one who looked like Tinkerbell or some wannabe ballerina in a pink tutu, the too bright colors, gaudy shimmer and rhinestones, etc. It was like people just went in and dragged out their ugliest prom dresses from years ago. 

• Love 2

I wonder why Chris H. thought it a good idea to hand the mic to desperate attention whore Michelle on live National Television.  I find it interesting that seemingly nice and normal Kara and Whitney were let go, while fall down drunks Tara and Jordan got to stay.  I smell production intervention. 

eta: Damn, how long did the first cocktail party/elimination last? Anyone else noticed it looked like it was early dawn when the eliminated women were speaking outside the mansion?

I saw Ali Fedotowsky (previous Bachelorette) on E! today and she said they film until 8 am, so it's a pretty long night! 

What was with that weird back rub Andi was giving Josh throughout her entire interview with Chris H? 

• Love 4

The crazy train is strong this season.

Ugh @ all the Bachelor Nation famewhores. At least Sharleen was there!3

Chris is so, so dull. Yuck! 

Britt is gorgeous and she is so going to be the next Bachelorette.

I saw Ali Fedotowsky (previous Bachelorette) on E! today and she said they film until 8 am, so it's a pretty long night! 

What was with that weird back rub Andi was giving Josh throughout her entire interview with Chris H? 

I noticed the back rub thing also….I thought it was quite odd. Does she ever let him speak??

And she really needs to trim back on her eyebrows! (can you tell I am not a fan?)

One of the best parts of the show were Nick's (from Andi's season) tweets. He is so damn witty.

I liked Whitney, Becca and Kelsey (short brown hair).

Do you all know Carly (singer in pink dress) is Zak Waddell's sister? (He was on Des's season).

I noticed the back rub thing also….I thought it was quite odd. Does she ever let him speak??

I didn't watch Andi's season so I've only seen them together a few times on various Bachelor things, but my impression is that she's just more extroverted than him. He said a few comments, but my husband is way more extroverted than me and it didn't look strange.

Every time I saw Marcus in a crowd shot, he looked like he'd rather be having oral surgery. Guessing he's not thrilled to go along with the whoe Fleissian dog and pony show.

I may be going to hell for saying this but when they interviewed the "farmer wives" and the first one said Chris was a few years ahead of her I actually yelled out "AHEAD??"

Also, Britt is hands down the most gorgeous woman this show has ever had.  Chris was definitely into her, and she seems very cool.

Whitney's voice...yikes.  I mean she's nice and all, but...yikes.

• Love 6

Aenea: It's always going to be on The Bachelor. The most diverse they'll ever get from WASP is either black or Jewish.

Huh?

First of all my belief is like the country there are plenty of Catholics on the show. (The P in WASP stands for Protestant, or nonCatholic.)

I agree  that the Bachelor will never be a hot bed of diversity.

It certainly is a blindingly white group this year. 

I'm wondering if part of the reason there seem to be more white girls than ever before could have something to do with the choice of Bachelor. 

Farmer in Iowa seems more of a white girl fantasy( not to knock any person of color who has this fantasy or is either gender). But seriously Chris's hometown is what less than 1000 people? Probably the majority of them are white. One person of color may isolated and probably stands out. I've heard people of color say that small towns are among the most challenging environments for people of color. My guess is there were fewer applicants of color based on that. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2

She RIPPED the onion off the branch!

I died! "Look at that onion. LOOK AT IT!" "It's blooming!" "If that's a pomegranate, then bless its heart." I mean, what? I'm glad Chris kept the party girls for entertainment value, if nothing else.

On the one hand, three hours is entirely too long for this show; The Godfather lasts roughly as long as it took The Bachelor to introduce the season. On the other hand, I haven't kept up with the contestants post-show, so it was nice to learn Des and Chris/Marcus and Lacey are nearly married and the other updates. And I enjoyed the producers' mind game of splitting the b'ettes into two separate groups. Watching them critique the entrances of the second group was sort of fascinating to me. And it seemed like they got superior and possesive of Chris right quick just for having the luck being shoved into the first few limos.

Finally, I still really like (Bachelor) Chris, probably my favorite bach in a long time. From the looks of the previews, I'll regret that by the end of the season, which is how it should be, I suppose.

Edited by Miss Kubelik
  • Love 4

Britt reminds me a bit of Gia, who was such a genuine, sweet, gorgeous person. I know I am only seeing the very first episode of the season but already feel like if Britt's not the one he picked, I might have to request that a swarm of locusts pay a visit to Arlington, Iowa!

• Love 2

Yes, Britt seemed genuinely nice and attractive, but I also got a slight basket case vibe from her. Who gets that emotional on a first meeting? She had tears in her eyes when she hugged Chris the first time, and the hug really was uncomfortably long. Also, she was the one who before the limos was seen handing out "free hugs" in the streets of her home town. That's just weird. She is an extreme feeler personality, something which can generate a lot of dramatic scenes on this show.

• Love 7
Yes, Britt seemed genuinely nice and attractive, but I also got a slight basket case vibe from her.

I thought I saw some crazy peeking out, too, Superpole.   I think she's great looking and I called her for the first impression rose but I don't see the connection lasting through the whole show.  Will she be hugging strangers in Europe?  Will she decide to be the soft place to fall for one of the camera men?  I just don't see her settling in Iowa with only one person to comfort.  I used to work with an insane hugger who kept all our clothes  and hair-dos crushed most of the time.   It's sweet, but exhausting.

I agree with everyone who thinks this group is gorgeous. I thought Ashley 'I' was stunning. 

I lost a little respect for Chris when he kept Kaitlyn and called her, "fun."  Her jokes were awkward and inappropriate and not really very funny.  Drunk Tara served a good purpose in sorting out the catty, judgey ones., though.

I was glad to hear Des and Seattle Chris are getting married and happy to see all the old Bachelor  family milling around ( Squidward Chris always makes me laugh) but I was instantly bored with Nikki and her squeaky repetition of,   "I mean, like, we loved each other but I mean, like, we lived in different states."   Nikki could get nursing work anywhere but I guess moving never once entered that noggin.  It makes me wonder about how many of Farmer Chris's women are going to be willing to give up those fabulous waitress, nanny, bartender, former cheerleader jobs to move to Iowa.

I turned it off at ten till 11:00 because Host Chris was starting to show spoiler previews (I hate that!) so I don't know if it ever got back to the girl who was cut, but went back in.  Did they show her again?

• Love 1

The girl in the "cliffhanger" wasn't shown again.  That's where the show cut back to the live audience.

I think my fave part was during the taped intro, when Chris was standing in the corn.  Cody sloooooowly rose up beside him, then they began hysterically laughing.  I bet those two had a lot of fun together.  Cody is such a sweetie, I hope he finds a good woman. 

Ashley I. needs to dial back the fake lashes and acrylic talons.  She's very pretty, but it's hard to see underneath all that junk. 

"I mean, like, we loved each other but I mean, like, we lived in different states."

Oh good lord, she speaks horribly with all the "likes" and "I means".  Sadly, that's almost an epidemic today with younger women.  Her new boobs DID look great.  Because she definitely did not have those during the JP season.  I can't remember if she had them on "Couples Therapy" though. 

I will say, Chris Bukowski is GOOD.  He knew on the red carpet to stand as close to Chris Harrison as possible, to get maximum filming exposure.

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 4

What I got from the Nikki interview was that both of them were hoping the other would relocate.  Actually, I think that she was hoping Juan Pablo would relocate, but I suspect that Juan Pablo never once entertained that idea.

Nikki let a few things slip through, though.  She mentioned several times that Juan Pablo was involved in the entertainment industry and moving to her state wouldn't allow many opportunities to stay connected, a polite way of saying (IMO) he's a fame whore.

She also said "I tried really hard to make it work, and he tried too."  Sounds like she's saying she really tried, but he didn't try as hard.

She also said that she never expected to come before Juan Pablo's daughter, but she didn't expect to come after so many other people.

Host Chris did mention that towards the end when things looked bad Nikki did move to Florida, but it was too late by that point.  The rumor mill says that Juan Pablo's job isn't as high-powered as he made it out to be, but that's par for the course on a reality show.  He also seems to only work seasonally, which is probably why he has to live with his family.  I wouldn't be surprised if he expected her to turn her paycheck over to him if they actually married.

The end result seems to be that Nikki really tried, and Juan Pablo kind of tried.  She'd have to relocate, and play second fiddle to a bunch of other people in his life while he dabbled at achieving fame and she only wanted a quiet home life with a husband that didn't put her 7th in line for his attentions.  I'd love to get her drunk and see what she says then.

As for the eliminated woman who went back in to talk to Bachelor Chris, nothing more was shown.  Host Chris said we'd have to tune in next week to see what that was all about.

Did anyone catch Bachelor Chris on Jimmy Kimmel last night?  Jimmy said flat out that he couldn't make a guess about who would be the last woman standing because he's too close to the situation, because he appears on the show himself in a couple of weeks.  I got the impression that he didn't like Juan Pablo but he likes B. Chris a lot.  Jimmy also had to stop asking Chris about the show and the women because Chris was answering a bit too honestly.  Chris said that the woman who picked the pomegranate was crazy, in a way that suggested that she gets even stranger before Chris cuts her loose.

I appreciated that Bachelor Chris showed him working out so he could impress the ladies, but I worry about how he cut the more put-together ladies and kept some trainwrecks in the making.  Is life on his farm so boring that drinking and behaving crazy is the only way to survive?

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 1

I thought Nikki was soooooo superior and above it all now she comes crawling back to the incestuous bachelor family complete with fake boobs. Her entire interview could be summed up in "I mean, like, ya! Like!"

I liked Michelle Money in her original season but now I'm sick of seeing her and her camera hog ways.

Squealed when I saw Sharleen. That is one beautiful classy woman. Take notes, everyone else.

Chris seems like a nice harmless guy, he's probably a kid in a candy store. Population 400 would definitely be hard to find a partner.  But sadly I doubt any of these ladies are (drink) "in it for the right reasons".

Like Britt and the widower/school counsellor. Hated fertility nurse's voice. Shudder.  

Bring on the new season!

• Love 1

Yes you did - but lucky for you it will be continued next week - not to mention replayed a bazillion times before the continuation

Rats, I was hoping to miss the most dramatic "yadda, yadda, yadda" not the most dramatic "blah, blah, blah".

At least I got to see Britt crying after the longest first hug ever.  Not that I blame her I'd be a sobbing drunken mess if I was on this show.  I like to envision Tara waking up and thinking, "How the hell am I still on this show, that asshole!"

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 1

When Chris said that he had an embarrassment of riches with all these women, it occurred to me that that could be the collective noun for Bachelorettes (and Bachelors): an embarrassment of bachelorettes.

I remember that before the second set of limos started pulling up, one of the women said, "we're three hours into it and there are only 15 women here." That is a long night, and I wasn't surprised to see the rejects out in the early morning light, although it seems like usually they manage to herd them out while it's still dark at least, so as to give the illusion it's not an all-nighter. My husband and I both agreed if it was a 7-hour overnight cocktail party with not a lot to do, we'd both be drunk by that time, too.

Human tissue vendor: 1. I had no idea that was even legal. 2. She said her job was "so fun." I could understand "rewarding," or "important," or a number of other adjectives, but "so fun" is just creepy.

• Love 9

I may be going to hell for saying this but when they interviewed the "farmer wives" and the first one said Chris was a few years ahead of her I actually yelled out "AHEAD??"

Before Chris H. talked to them and they were just in the background, I was honestly trying to decide whether she was a transvestite/transsexual or not.  (That may be a product of my just having binge-watched Transparent, LOL.)

Edited by Wouldofshouldof

Catherine in her striped shower curtain.  Tiara girl in her tin foil jumpsuit.  The fashion was hilarious on the red carpet.

I did get distracted by Andi rubbing Josh's back when Chris talked to them at the beginning.  Then in the audience when they stood up Andi quickly got that arm of her's around Josh's back before she started talking.  Does she have a button on his back that she controls him in public?  It was just very odd.

It is definitely a long evening for the women.  I think so many of the females are very pretty when they show up to meet Chris.  By the rose ceremony half of them do not look very attractive anymore.  I am left wondering where the pretty women went.  They all have stringy hair and patchy makeup by the close of the show.

• Love 3

Also, Britt is hands down the most gorgeous woman this show has ever had.

I have added her to the elite pantheon of Bachelor beauties (as if this is a thing people should care about). She joins, in no particular order, Ashlee Frazier, Chantal O'Brien, Selma Alameri, Sharleen Joynt and the late Gia Allemand.

• Love 3

I thought the farmer wives looked like they had all been gussied up by the same  make-up/hair/clothes people who work for the show.  Two of them had identical, heavy, black necklaces and short, seriously straightened hair plastered to their cheeks.   I wish they wouldn't do that, it makes them look like they're trying too hard when they probably looked perfectly nice in their own clothes and hair.

I thought Catherine looked like she had probably gained about ten pounds while Sean had lost about ten. That was to be expected considering Catherine said she had recently lost weight when she was on the show and Sean had, no doubt, been put through the weight lifting build-up that Chris is getting now.  Catherine is still gorgeus, she should just own it and not try to hide inside canvas netting.

• Love 1

With a long evening and 30 women there jockeying for time with ChrisS, it's plausible that he made his mind up about drunk Tara and drunk Ashley (onion gal) and didn't see them again until the RC. I could imagine giving someone the benefit of the doubt: "I liked her initially. So I'll keep even though she got stupid drunk at a "party" with nothing but booze and salty tears to drink for many hours.", but if I were one of the castoffs, it would still feel crappy to see that he liked the girls who ended up stupid drunk more than me.

• Love 2

Interesting and entertaining!  But I could have done without all that red carpet stuff; it reminded me of Survivor season finale with all these cuts to the host and audience.  I thought Catherine was pregnant, too.  If she is, it's pretty early since she's not really showing much, so perhaps they didn't want to say anything until after the first trimester.  Clare was incoherent.  Best part of the red carpets stuff was seeing Sharleen.  I hope she does a blog. 

I did like the farm scenery since that's what I'm used to seeing. Britt is very pretty; Whitney is, too, but her voice is odd.  I also thought there was some production influence in keeping Tara and the Brookly (pomegranate) lady on.  My guess is that production said they want these two ladies to remain on the show unless there's someone else Chris feels strongly enough about to keep on in place of them.  There probably wasn't anybody he cared enough to keep on in their place, so... I bet Tara was embarrassed to watch that.  It's too bad because I liked her and thought she's someone who would like rural life.

I felt for the women who arrived later.  It's not their fault they came in late as relief pitchers, or whatever, and then walking into the attitude of "We were here first!  You don't get to play because we were here first!"

I wonder if they will go up to Minneapolis/St. Paul for an episode.  It's only 4 hours away.  If not, maybe they'll go to the Spam museum in Austin, MN - that's only 2 hours away! (ha)

ETA: Regarding Nikki, I got an "auditioning for Bachelorette" vibe from her.

Edited by Lamb18

My favorite part of the first episode of the season each year is when, about 5 HOURS into the cocktail party, there's always a group of "ladies" on the couch complaining that they haven't had a chance for 1 on 1 time yet. What are they waiting for, an engraved invitation? That's what happens when beautiful women who never have to chase after a guy are suddenly thrust into a situation where they have no choice. Comedy gold!

• Love 4

Sean & Cat look happy, but she kept holding her clutch bag in front of her stomach, and plucking at that awful cape-thing.  Weird.  Maybe she's already knocked up & they don't want to announce it on Chris' big night. 

Really pretty girls, I agree it's the most attractive bunch.  But Whitney really needs to not talk. At all. Ever. 

I think it was a bad wardrobe choice.  For the cape to fall correctly she had to keep her arms by her sides. No way is she pregnant given what they said when CH asked.  

Whitney is one of the least attractive women there.  She is definitely pretty but I am comparing her to others, not just people on the street.  

Britt is an actress.  She did a short film.  It is really good. 

• Love 2

Catherine in her striped shower curtain.  Tiara girl in her tin foil jumpsuit.  The fashion was hilarious on the red carpet.

I did get distracted by Andi rubbing Josh's back when Chris talked to them at the beginning.  Then in the audience when they stood up Andi quickly got that arm of her's around Josh's back before she started talking.  Does she have a button on his back that she controls him in public?  It was just very odd.

It is definitely a long evening for the women.  I think so many of the females are very pretty when they show up to meet Chris.  By the rose ceremony half of them do not look very attractive anymore.  I am left wondering where the pretty women went.  They all have stringy hair and patchy makeup by the close of the show.

re: the bolded….I noticed both those things right away, drove me nuts! Love your theory, LOL!! We know who wears the pants in that relationship!

Interesting and entertaining!  But I could have done without all that red carpet stuff; it reminded me of Survivor season finale with all these cuts to the host and audience.  I thought Catherine was pregnant, too.  If she is, it's pretty early since she's not really showing much, so perhaps they didn't want to say anything until after the first trimester.  Clare was incoherent.  Best part of the red carpets stuff was seeing Sharleen.  I hope she does a blog. 

I did like the farm scenery since that's what I'm used to seeing. Britt is very pretty; Whitney is, too, but her voice is odd.  I also thought there was some production influence in keeping Tara and the Brookly (pomegranate) lady on.  My guess is that production said they want these two ladies to remain on the show unless there's someone else Chris feels strongly enough about to keep on in place of them.  There probably wasn't anybody he cared enough to keep on in their place, so... I bet Tara was embarrassed to watch that.  It's too bad because I liked her and thought she's someone who would like rural life.

I felt for the women who arrived later.  It's not their fault they came in late as relief pitchers, or whatever, and then walking into the attitude of "We were here first!  You don't get to play because we were here first!"

I wonder if they will go up to Minneapolis/St. Paul for an episode.  It's only 4 hours away.  If not, maybe they'll go to the Spam museum in Austin, MN - that's only 2 hours away! (ha)

ETA: Regarding Nikki, I got an "auditioning for Bachelorette" vibe from her.

Based on all the snow I saw in the previews where they go to Chris's hometown, hell no. Those episodes were filmed in November. I live in Minneapolis, and believe me, it snowed like bollocks here that month. Iowa, too. Most places got at least 10 inches. 

They'd spend an entire episode driving 10 miles an hour up the Interstate in terrible traffic and even worse roads.

With a long evening and 30 women there jockeying for time with ChrisS, it's plausible that he made his mind up about drunk Tara and drunk Ashley (onion gal) and didn't see them again until the RC.

I'm pretty sure he said as much about Tara when he left the rose ceremony. He said to Chris Harrison that he'd decided to keep her but he wasn't sure seeing her practically about to fall over drunk at the rose ceremony. But then he said that it may have been worth giving her a second chance since he'd liked her well enough at first to want to initially pick her.

The Free Hugs thing is ridiculous. I'm sorry it's creepy.

Yeah I'm very much an "to each his own" kind of person but as a huge introvert with serious personal space issues, random people hugging me would freak me the hell out.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5

The 3 hours was too much, but I did enjoy the red carpet while it was on--watching the Bachelor Family rejects milling around in the background swilling champagne. I thought Erica Rose's silver lame jumpsuit was atrocious--until Catherine sashayed in wearing a shower curtain as a cape! Even Neil Lane was there!

It's daylight by the time this damn rose ceremony is over! No wonder why several of the girls are practically falling over drunk! The drunk onion/pomegranate girl had on the dress that I liked the most, but I was REALLY surprised that he kept her, as she was already sloppy drunk not making any sense during their 1:1 time. At least the one who almost fell off the stand that Chris called a time out over he did seem to like her whiskey-slugging ways earlier on. For some reason Chris has been given this image of a sweet, innocent guy, but I think he's going for the wild, party girls--based solely on him choosing the sloppy drunk, less attractive girls over some very attractive more put-together women. She wasn't drunk, but i was also surprised that he picked the young mother who has a son named Kale and yet has never heard of alfalfa! She asked whether it's at least organic. Ooh. I'm waiting for a meltdown if it turns out Chris is raising GMO corn that's processed into high fructose corn syrup! And he also kept that karaoke singer?! Yikes.

Ok, the good choices: The heat between Chris and Britt was palpable as soon as they met with that long embrace, and their first 1:1 time they totally had hearts in their eyes, so I thought their kiss was great, when I didn't think I would when I saw him kiss someone in the commercial. I don't believe in love at first sight, but if they end up together, I would say we witnessed it tonight. But, hell, she is smoking hot, so even as a straight woman myself, who wouldn't have hearts in his eyes over her?! I also liked the woman with the short brown hair who's a widowed school teacher. I think everyone else blurred together to me at this point! But I do think there were more quality women there (not counting the wrestler and the makeup salesgirl with the barely bedazzled nipples) than a lot of other seasons.

No question -- might as well end the show now b/c that's his girl.

I wasn't crazy about the widowed woman.  Just seems weird to me to go on a dating show like this when you are recently widowed -- wasn't it only a year ago?  Doesn't seem like you'd want to go from losing a husband to show in which you are supposed to get married at the end of it.

Many pretty women this season, but I'll never understand the desire to spackle SO much makeup on your face every day. It would be a big turn-off if I was a guy, but I'm not, so it's a moot point. :)

well I was a hippy in my 20's. Wearing 6 inch heels, fake hair, spackling on the 3 inches of make up, carrying $300 pocketbooks, wearing fancy dresses, getting manicures and pedicures- we did none of that, In fact we thought high heels were ridiculous and would never have been caught dead. What these 20 something girls have to go through just to leave the house is unreal. 

• Love 3

I found Britt to be really fake.  I don't believe her act.  I get an AshLee vibe from her.  Making out on the first night?  Trashy, both of them.

I agree that there are definitely a lot of very beautiful women on the show this season.  I thought one of the blonds, whose name I can't remember was just stunning.  I think she had a blue dress on, hair was up in a braid.  She may have been the one who tripped when going to get her rose?  Anyway, I thought she was just gorgeous.  And it seemed natural, not like the overly made-up trashy blonds.

Could have done without the 3 hour show.  All that live shit needs to go.  Complete waste of time.

Kale?  Seriously?  You should have your kid taken away from you.  You're the reason why I'm a strong believer in people needing to take a test and get a license before procreating.  Stupid name = you fail!

Chris still bores me to tears, so I'm glad it appears that there will be lots of drama this year to keep me entertained.

Chick who walked back after not getting a rose?  Ummm, just don't.

• Love 2

Based on all the snow I saw in the previews where they go to Chris's hometown, hell no. Those episodes were filmed in November. I live in Minneapolis, and believe me, it snowed like bollocks here that month. Iowa, too. Most places got at least 10 inches. 

They'd spend an entire episode driving 10 miles an hour up the Interstate in terrible traffic and even worse roads.

I live 20 miles west of Minneapolis, so I'm familiar with last November's weather.  However, any episode in Mpls would be scheduled ahead of time and they could always fly from Cedar Rapids.  From the previews, it looks like they may go to the Badlands in South Dakota.  Or else it's someplace that really loooks like the Badlands.

Exactly.  Don't get me wrong, I watch this show purely for entertainment value, but (so far) Chris seems to be genuine, and I can't see any of these girls living on a farm in Iowa!  Hardly anyone has even mentioned the farming thing.  For someone like Chris, it's realistically a non-negotiable in a life partner.  

Clearly I'm over-thinking this.  Good luck to him!

Behind every successful farmer there is a wife who works in town.

I wonder why Chris didn't try farmersonly.com?  Maybe he's not planning to stay on the farm.

I've never really liked Sean and Catherine as a couple. I was a little surprised to hear no babies until maybe 2016. I'm also glad that I wasn't the only one who thought Catherine was wearing a shower curtain.

Edited by ennui