Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E01: Week 1

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

You are behind the times. Bach Pad was two years ago. This summer we got Bachelor in Paradise. Hence, YOPO.

Too funny, and maybe true! Good one, JenE4. Those could have been Chris's HS classmates at that cafe!

Crap, so I am.   is bachelor in Paradise sleazier, or just as sleazy on location?     Why only YOPO once?  Budget restrictions, or do they kick you out of Bacheloerverse once you hit say 45?    We all know Michelle Money is 55 and has an AARP card. 

• Love 1

Mu Shu, if possible the Bachelor in Paradise is an even less structured and less thought-out version of the Bachelor Pad in a tropical location, basically.  Except they don't have the distractions of the fun games and tasks they would do on the Pad.  They literally sit around and do nothing all day, every day.  No competitions or anything except at the end of the ep where people vote a person off.  Yes, it's two hours of listening to people decide who they want to get rid of most.  And a little groping.  It's thrilling.

• Love 1

I may be going to hell for saying this but when they interviewed the "farmer wives" and the first one said Chris was a few years ahead of her I actually yelled out "AHEAD??"

This.  I thought exactly the same.  I'm 40 and I swear I look younger than that lady.  

• Love 1

Mu Shu, if possible the Bachelor in Paradise is an even less structured and less thought-out version of the Bachelor Pad in a tropical location, basically.  Except they don't have the distractions of the fun games and tasks they would do on the Pad.  They literally sit around and do nothing all day, every day.  No competitions or anything except at the end of the ep where people vote a person off.  Yes, it's two hours of listening to people decide who they want to get rid of most.  And a little groping.  It's thrilling.

However, BiP has a racoon available for therapy sessions. That sort of made the show for me. Although the poor racoon was looking a little ragged by the end there.

Someone mentioned they thought Britt's hair was real.  Bless their heart.  

In case you need proof, this pic was 18 months ago: http://instagram.com/p/cL1JaGkjjM/?modal=true 

No one's hair can grow 25 inches in just a year and a half.  

At a growth rate of half an inch per month and all the trims she would need to cut off the damaged parts from all the coloring she does, she would be lucky to even get to shoulder length.  

Oh there's no doubt she is wearing hair. Hair doesn't grow down to your butt and have that much fullness. Probably shoulder length to preserve fullness at the crown with a poop ton of extensions for length and fullness. Look at Crystal Gayle for reference-that's her hair, she has a ton if it, but see how it thins out on the bottom and how the crown flattens from the weight.

Nah, I think she meant  Dale, and hit K instead of D, which is opposite on the keyboard and didn't change it.   Or, she has no idea that Kale is a vegetable (It's a superfood!)  and someone who watches teen mom a lot told her it's a thing.   Or, Kale is her favorite food and she gave her kid a stupid name to commemorate it.   She does seem like a dimwit.    Sort of sweet and pliant, but dumb. 

• Love 1
Did a grown women really named her son after a vegtable? Is this a thing?

On RS's blog he has some screen caps of Mackenzie's Instagram that indicate that she's back with her baby daddy; baby daddy's screen name is "organicthug". So at least baby daddy if not both of them seems to be into healthy eating, hence the name. That also explains her question about whether Chris's corn and soybeans are organic.

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 1

Did a grown women really named her son after a vegtable? Is this a thing?

Funny, I'm watching an NCIS marathon right now while trying to get sleepy, and there's a guy on the current episode named Kale. Didn't Gwyneth Paltrow name one of her kids Apple?  I think Sylvester Stallone's got a kid named Sage, too. (My excuse? We had a weird celebrity baby name trivia game at a work potluck once.)  So while I think that's a very odd name, apparently it's not totally unheard of to name your kid after food. Might's well pick a "superfood," I guess.

I don't think Kale is too egregious as far as baby names go, because if the kid hates the name he can just tell people that Kale is short for Kaleb (even though that name is normally spelled with a C).

Edited by chocolatine
Funny, I'm watching an NCIS marathon right now while trying to get sleepy, and there's a guy on the current episode named Kale. Didn't Gwyneth Paltrow name one of her kids Apple?  I think Sylvester Stallone's got a kid named Sage, too.

I've heard of the name before, but spelled Cale.  it's in lists of baby names under both spellings, I don't consider it to be all that unusual, and doesn't seem like he's "named after a vegetable" thing.   it's an Irish name, like Callan/Callen

Now, if you call your kid Spinach, or Broccoli, THAT is a vegetable name.    

• Love 3

ThreaLevelMidnight, that Instagram link is broken. You've piqued my curiosity about Britt's hair, so could you please provide a working link?

I'm sorry about that, for some reason there's an extra space at the end.  i probably did it by mistake.  i think i've fixed it, but if not, just go to the link and then delete the extra space at the end of the word "true" if it adds it.  

http://instagram.com/p/cL1JaGkjjM/?modal=true

I'm sorry about that, for some reason there's an extra space at the end.  i probably did it by mistake.  i think i've fixed it, but if not, just go to the link and then delete the extra space at the end of the word "true" if it adds it.  

http://instagram.com/p/cL1JaGkjjM/?modal=true

This one worked, thank you! I'm really not a fan of the partially shaved head look that so many women are sporting now, and Britt definitely did not grow two feet of hair in 18 months.

No one except Kelsey got the memo that extensions are over.   

Nah, I think she meant  Dale, and hit K instead of D, which is opposite on the keyboard and didn't change it.   Or, she has no idea that Kale is a vegetable (It's a superfood!)  and someone who watches teen mom a lot told her it's a thing.   Or, Kale is her favorite food and she gave her kid a stupid name to commemorate it.   She does seem like a dimwit.    Sort of sweet and pliant, but dumb. 

I prefer this one but sadly I think they thought it cool since they are into organic farming and eating well.