Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

On 5/4/2022 at 5:11 PM, izabella said:

If they're struggling to find rich women in NY who want to be on the show, what about rich women in the rich suburbs like Westchester County?  Surely there are some high strung, competitive, country club frenemies they can lure with fame.

This kind of makes me miss Big Rich Texas with the neighborhood country club culture they have down there 😆

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Somewhere Bethany is peeing in her pants laughing over Ramona leaking the wedding info but at least this time it is not on the floor of a hotel bathroom.

Or over a guard rail...it's okay though, she has wipes because she has a daughter. 

(doesn't everyone carry wipes on trips regardless of their spawn status?)

• LOL 7
54 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Teresa from NJ is getting married again?  I

Yes. She is getting married. Her original wedding date was August 6th, but Ramona spilled the beans on the venue, date, and the password for information about it so it had to be changed. 

i tried, but couldn’t post the link. The info was on Page Six. Google will bring it up easily. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Yes. She is getting married. Her original wedding date was August 6th, but Ramona spilled the beans on the venue, date, and the password for information about it so it had to be changed. 

Pot calling the kettle The Scarecrow.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’d send Ramoaner the bill for any cost of the changes that had to be made, because of her stupidity. I’d probably uninvite her, also.

• Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Maybe someone with a subscription to NY Mag can tell us what this is about...Kelly Killoren Bensimon is (reportedly) assessing Jeffrey Epstein's island. I know she's segued into a real estate career. I'm sure this is considered prime luxury property but I can't imagine the mother of two daughters wanting to have anything to do with Epstein. Yes, he's dead but horrible things happened in that place. 

https://www.curbed.com/2022/06/kelly-bensimon-jeffrey-epstein.html

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 6/8/2022 at 5:01 PM, archer1267 said:

Maybe someone with a subscription to NY Mag can tell us what this is about...Kelly Killoren Bensimon is (reportedly) assessing Jeffrey Epstein's island. I know she's segued into a real estate career. I'm sure this is considered prime luxury property but I can't imagine the mother of two daughters wanting to have anything to do with Epstein. Yes, he's dead but horrible things happened in that place. 

It seems to be some regular feature she has - badly reading synopsis' of recent multi-million dollar property deals while throwing out lame and awkward references to her time on RHoNY. You have got to give Kelly props for milking TF out of her time on RH's. If nothing else. 

Watch the video, it is, as Kelly would say, cray cray. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 6/10/2022 at 6:20 AM, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

It's RHONY adjacent, but Martin, the boxer Leah filmed with, was featured as part of the latest Humans of NY (15 part!) story.

I loved that story. Thanks for confirming. I thought that was him.

• Love 3
On 6/10/2022 at 6:20 AM, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

It's RHONY adjacent, but Martin, the boxer Leah filmed with, was featured as part of the latest Humans of NY (15 part!) story.

He does a lot for others, the community. He’s a good soul. I think he was the best part of Leah’s screen time. I’d take him as a housewife. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Maybe it should be 8 - 10 episodes regardless?

My question is how different will it be from this last dismal season, take Eboni and Leah out of it and we still have boring housewives even if you put Sonja in the mix these women have sort of petered out, watching Ramona twitch and sad flirting has been done to death, Lu won't fall in to anymore hedges and seeing Sonja dreaming up the next product to lose her non existent money in is not interesting and neither is anyone's adult kids.  

Side note, I was in Miami this past weekend visiting my daughter and we wandered in to an art gallery (in the Design District) and we saw a painting by an Avery Singer...we Googled it and it was not Ramona's daughter.  I was never so proud that my daughter even knew the name, lol.  Later that day my daughter lightened my wallet by selecting a YSL card keeper wallet for her birthday present, I was sort of proud of her for that too, lol.

• Like 2
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My question is how different will it be from this last dismal season, take Eboni and Leah out of it and we still have boring housewives even if you put Sonja in the mix these women have sort of petered out, watching Ramona twitch and sad flirting has been done to death, Lu won't fall in to anymore hedges and seeing Sonja dreaming up the next product to lose her non existent money in is not interesting and neither is anyone's adult kids.  

Side note, I was in Miami this past weekend visiting my daughter and we wandered in to an art gallery (in the Design District) and we saw a painting by an Avery Singer...we Googled it and it was not Ramona's daughter.  I was never so proud that my daughter even knew the name, lol.  Later that day my daughter lightened my wallet by selecting a YSL card keeper wallet for her birthday present, I was sort of proud of her for that too, lol.

As much as I covet Ramona's Hampton house and enjoy guests feeling insulted by being relegated to the lower level, they'll be able to film at more locations and events now that most Covid restrictions have been lifted. That is, assuming they haven't already been banned due to their past behavior. Last season they were very limited as to where their arguments could take place.

If what @escape posted is true, I hope KKB does sign on, because I really don't want Bethenny and her ego back. 

• Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

As much as I covet Ramona's Hampton house and enjoy guests feeling insulted by being relegated to the lower level, they'll be able to film at more locations and events now that most Covid restrictions have been lifted. That is, assuming they haven't already been banned due to their past behavior. Last season they were very limited as to where their arguments could take place.

If what @escape posted is true, I hope KKB does sign on, because I really don't want Bethenny and her ego back. 

I bet ten years ago any business would have been thrilled to let the HW's film in their establishments but now they are all probably tired of cleaning up broken glass and thrown food.  

So now the HW's have to ask themselves if throwing food and breaking glasses at a fancy restaurant is classier than throwing food at each other at a Chipotle.

KKB is not someone I enjoy watching unless she is unhinged.

Bethany should just do color commentary for this show because she was really good in her TH's.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

bravohousewives

Both upcoming versions of “The Real Housewives of New York City”, one being a legacy group and one being a new group, may be coming to your TV screens sooner than expected. Andy Cohen recently revealed on Twitter that he is working on casting for both shows simultaneously! It is being alleged that Ramona, LuAnn, & Sonja will be apart of the legacy group! Who else should be added? 🍎 #RHONY

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfG5ucNup8p/

• Love 8
On 6/22/2022 at 6:44 AM, SweetieDarling said:

Sorry, who is KKB?

• Love 1

Not so fast dismissing Lu and Sonja. From the article: 

We’re told that Morgan and de Lesseps both expect to be part of the so-called “Legacy” show as well as this separate project.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 6/22/2022 at 9:30 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Bethany should just do color commentary for this show because she was really good in her TH's.

Oh yes that would be good!  I love her running commentary on everything but I don’t need to see her having a breakdown every five minutes so this would be perfect.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The housewives were the most entertaining before they thought too hard about how they appear to the public or when they forget they're on camera - Drunk Lu falling into a bush, Ramona walking the runway, turtle time, everytime Alex turned beet red trying to speak and so many more.  A show full of influencers is all people who are always thinking about how they appear. Too dang boring even for me. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 18

I feel like I’m one of the few out there who doesn’t care about influencers nor am I influenced by them. I’ve even found myself passing on products using heavy influencer campaigns. They’re salespeople without a name tag.
I love watching the earlier seasons before they all became so self aware. That’ll probably end when the shows leave Hulu because I’m not paying for another subscription services. My satellite bill is high enough but they want us to subscribe to 10 different streaming services? No thanks. 

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I feel like I’m one of the few out there who doesn’t care about influencers nor am I influenced by them. I’ve even found myself passing on products using heavy influencer campaigns. They’re salespeople without a name tag.
I love watching the earlier seasons before they all became so self aware. That’ll probably end when the shows leave Hulu because I’m not paying for another subscription services. My satellite bill is high enough but they want us to subscribe to 10 different streaming services? No thanks. 

You are not alone when it comes to influencers.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

You are not alone when it comes to influencers.

I refuse to buy anything by way of an influencer discount code. Very infrequently I might consider something they’re shilling but I’ll go find a generic code from the manufacturer.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I refuse to buy anything by way of an influencer discount code. Very infrequently I might consider something they’re shilling but I’ll go find a generic code from the manufacturer.

Absolutely. Many don’t know that manufacturers tend to be generous with coupon codes.
Also until the latest Nordstrom sale drama I was surprised how many didn’t know about the cookie situation, that if you clicked on influencer links they got a percentage of what you bought from the Nordstrom website even if it was two weeks or a month later. So be careful what you click from them. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 8/23/2022 at 11:41 AM, pasdetrois said:

According to the post, Bravo has fired all of the NY housewives, with some but not all going to the "legacy" (tired old broads) show. I did not know they had all been fired from RHoNYC>

Aren't ratings for RH shows going down - and across the board? It seems the new Paris show and RHONY filled with influencers gives us an idea of where Bravo is going. The "women of a certain age" are on their way out and being replaced with the 20-something crowd.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Love 2

https://pagesix.com/2022/09/23/leah-mcsweeney-seemingly-confirms-she-was-fired-from-rhony/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=P6Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1GW85dD6d8k2sCp8Az8rRY0yp4BqRKJZaYND29AB_52D9R9wrMSVslRLk

I guess getting rid of the thing that broke it is a good step toward improving what the original became in the last couple of seasons.

She seemed so full of herself during her two seasons.  It's interesting that she hasn't been named as one of the individuals cast for the new version considering she seems to fall into the demographic they seemed to be looking for.  Bridges burned?

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 9/10/2022 at 11:45 PM, Jextella said:

Aren't ratings for RH shows going down - and across the board?

According to one site I visited this week, the ratings for RHoBH were climbing, slowly I think and not in massive numbers, but they dropped in the past week.

• Love 2

https://pagesix.com/2022/09/24/leah-mcsweeney-backtracks-on-calling-herself-a-former-housewife/

Of course, Leah is now trying to back-track, even though she has previously said she didn't think she would be asked back.  She is thirsty to hang on to RHONY.

I question whether the reboot will even happen.  In 6 mos, there has only been 1 name leaked - a social media influencer.

Bottom line, viewers don't want to see Leah, Eboni clones.  They are the ones who made the show unwatchable.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Bottom line, viewers don't want to see Leah, Eboni clones.  They are the ones who made the show unwatchable.

I wonder just exactly what it was.  Age bias? Hubris of producers thinking they knew better than the audience?  Consultants who think they know better than the audience? Clearly things went on a swift downhill trajectory during those last two seasons.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 9/25/2022 at 5:39 PM, ichbin said:

I wonder just exactly what it was.  Age bias? Hubris of producers thinking they knew better than the audience?  Consultants who think they know better than the audience? Clearly things went on a swift downhill trajectory during those last two seasons.  

I think it’s a combination of things that tanked the last two seasons, not just the Leah and Eboni influence.

I mostly blame COVID and how limited it left the show in terms of filming and locations. Kinda tough to film exciting events/experiences in a bustling city that was mostly shut down; so many reality shows suffered thanks to the effects of that. 

Leah was kinda funny and fun her first season; she was a great friend for Tinsley and brought that youthful vibe necessary to balance the cast out when Tinsley left mid-season. Unfortunately she bought into her own hype by the second season and clung way too hard to Eboni and they became like the woke police teaming up against the rest of the cast. And let’s be honest…part of what makes RHONY so oddly amusing are these older monied broads who are stuck in their decidedly un-woke ways.  I think Eboni would’ve worked better on her own, not with Leah bringing her down with the try-hard vibes.

Plus, these women are the oldest RH cast and have different interests/life goals. They’re set in their ways, like who they like, and find it tougher to welcome new gals into their crew after all these years. You gotta really adjust well to smoothly work with these Manhattan broads 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
On 9/24/2022 at 3:06 PM, ichbin said:

https://pagesix.com/2022/09/23/leah-mcsweeney-seemingly-confirms-she-was-fired-from-rhony/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=P6Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1GW85dD6d8k2sCp8Az8rRY0yp4BqRKJZaYND29AB_52D9R9wrMSVslRLk

I guess getting rid of the thing that broke it is a good step toward improving what the original became in the last couple of seasons.

She seemed so full of herself during her two seasons.  It's interesting that she hasn't been named as one of the individuals cast for the new version considering she seems to fall into the demographic they seemed to be looking for.  Bridges burned?

There are rumors Leah is off the Ultimate Girls Trip.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
On 9/7/2022 at 8:40 PM, RedDelicious said:

Same with the products of the housewives. Most seem to drum stuff up quickly and it feels like they just slap a label on some random manufactured stuff - which I have no interest in in general, much less just because a housewife was the one slapping on the label.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
On 10/3/2022 at 11:04 PM, Jextella said:

Same with the products of the housewives. Most seem to drum stuff up quickly and it feels like they just slap a label on some random manufactured stuff - which I have no interest in in general, much less just because a housewife was the one slapping on the label.

Reality star products in general can be hilarious. Drita from Mob Wives had a mall kiosk that cracked me up because the makeup was another brand but had cheap “Just Me by Drita” stickers slapped sloppily on top of the other brand’s name on the box. 

• LOL 9
On 10/8/2022 at 4:47 PM, LemonSoda said:

Reality star products in general can be hilarious.

Yes!!! There have been SO many duds too…Robyn from Potomac’s hats…Gretchen from OC’s generic handbags…the endless random booze/wine/makeup/perfume collaborations…Lynne from OC’s crappy cuffs…She by Sheree’s fashion show without fashions…Jesus Jugs’ faux fashion empire…Sonya’s myriad of failed attempts to launch ANY successful product with her “cheater brand” legacy…the list goes on and on.

I think my favorite hilarious reality star product though was from that one season wonder “Princesses of Long Island.” There was a gal on there who had a legit product launch for her little cloth drink napkins. They were literally called “Drink Hankies”, to prevent sweaty drinks from sweating on your hand! And yes, seeing her push this pointless product was every bit as stupid as you’d imagine!!

Edited by Sun-Bun
Drink hankies are small cloth napkins, FYI.
  • LOL 12
On 10/4/2022 at 2:04 AM, Jextella said:

My Homegoods had SkinnyGirl candles last Christmas or the Christmas before. The pine scented one actually smelled really good but I flat out couldn't do it. 1) SkinnyGirl candles make about as much sense as SkinnyGirl sunglasses and 2) Bethenny Frankel doesn't need my money. Ugh!

• Applause 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 10/10/2022 at 9:51 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Yes!!! There have been SO many duds too…Robyn from Potomac’s hats…Gretchen from OC’s generic handbags…the endless random booze/wine/makeup/perfume collaborations…Lynne from OC’s crappy cuffs…She by Sheree’s fashion show without fashions…Jesus Jugs’ faux fashion empire…Sonya’s myriad of failed attempts to launch ANY successful product with her “cheater brand” legacy…the list goes on and on.

I think my favorite hilarious reality star product though was from that one season wonder “Princesses of Long Island.” There was a gal on there who had a legit product launch for her drink hankies. They were literally called “Drink Hankies”, to prevent sweaty drinks from sweating on your hand! And yes, seeing her push this pointless product was every bit as stupid as you’d imagine!!

Drink Hankies! 😂 I had forgotten about that show! Ah now I want a rewatch. 

On 10/10/2022 at 11:40 AM, RedDelicious said:

My Homegoods had SkinnyGirl candles last Christmas or the Christmas before. The pine scented one actually smelled really good but I flat out couldn't do it. 1) SkinnyGirl candles make about as much sense as SkinnyGirl sunglasses and 2) Bethenny Frankel doesn't need my money. Ugh!

What about Skinnygirl ham? lol 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LemonSoda said:

Drink Hankies! 😂 I had forgotten about that show! Ah now I want a rewatch. 

I remember them too! And the drink hankie! Where are those women now? were they considered as RHs of NY? they'd fit in with the vibe better than Leah and Eboni. They were a(n unintentional) riot IIRC.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I remember them too! And the drink hankie! Where are those women now? were they considered as RHs of NY? they'd fit in with the vibe better than Leah and Eboni. They were a(n unintentional) riot IIRC.

It’s a shame they weren’t given more seasons. I don’t think any were considered since they live on the island but it would’ve been great.

Where are all these people now? This is something I think about too often. Usually at random moments. Not just that show but all the reality shows over the years. 

I know I’m broken record with it but Leah belonged on a different show. 

• Love 3

Luann tells Jeff Lewis (who concurs) that her dream cast for RHONY Legacy, in addition to herself, would be Jill, Dorinda, Tinsley, Kelly, Sonja, Ramona.  She also name checked Avia. 

LOL, they both shaded Eboni with a No.  And felt that the Legacy show would come out on top over the Reboot.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
On 10/14/2022 at 10:38 AM, twilightzone said:

Luann tells Jeff Lewis (who concurs) that her dream cast for RHONY Legacy, in addition to herself, would be Jill, Dorinda, Tinsley, Kelly, Sonja, Ramona.  She also name checked Avia. 

LOL, they both shaded Eboni with a No.  And felt that the Legacy show would come out on top over the Reboot.

I actually like that line-up but Dorinda might ruin it for me.

Edited by Jextella
  • Like 1
  • Love 12
On 10/14/2022 at 11:38 AM, twilightzone said:

Not Eboni and no current Dorinda (original Dorinda is long gone and pickled)

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7