Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

On 11/15/2022 at 6:32 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I don't doubt it, but women become widows every day all over the world. They can be younger, with young kids, poor, sick, in war zones, etc. and Dorinda has PTSD? She is still rich, privileged, and she even became famous with all the added benefits. 

My mother became a widow at 52, and you guessed it, she didn't act like Dorinda.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Applause 3
  • Love 17

PTSD???? I hope the therapist didn't get paid for that diagnosis!!  These women are ALCOHOLICS - or at least have numerous episodes where they drink too much & have no self-control & are obnoxious.  I'm not a trained professional but I see personality issues mixed with too much alcohol & the presence of cameras.  PTSD - no way.

My grandmother was widowed at 39. Have friends that dealt with the death of children, severe disability, illness, financial distress, you name it.  NONE of them did other than carry on with dignity. They didn't abuse their friends or anyone they encountered.  Yes, they grieved but didn't take it out on others. These are rich entitled narcissists given a nationwide platform to act badly. 

Funny, none seemed to have grown up to the manor born, but once they married it, can't loosen the grip.  Their unmitigated belief in their entitlement to wealth & a certain lifestyle is staggering.   

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 10/17/2022 at 11:27 AM, RealHousewife said:

What in the world? So this isn’t a gradual cast change but an entirely new cast? They need to call it something else. I know I’m way behind you guys, but I was looking forward to many more seasons of the unique women who made RHONY. How many of them are still open to Housewives? Why all new women? 

This seems very sudden, as a few weeks ago, I read somewhere about Lea coming back and Sonja and the Countless.  I think even that witch Dorinda was hoping to get back .  Why is Bravo even bothering with that woman?  She was a horror of all horrors.  She’s the best at everything.  Entertaining, cooking, smarts, clothes, knows influential people, blah, blah.  Everyone probably ditched her.  I hope.  Why did they give her almost a whole week at Bluestone Manor?  She didn’t deserve it.   Andy pisses me off too.  Phony Fuck.  Men don’t hold grudges like women.  Things fly over their heads.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
On 11/16/2022 at 11:41 AM, realityplease said:

PTSD???? I hope the therapist didn't get paid for that diagnosis!!  These women are ALCOHOLICS - or at least have numerous episodes where they drink too much & have no self-control & are obnoxious.  I'm not a trained professional but I see personality issues mixed with too much alcohol & the presence of cameras.  PTSD - no way.

My grandmother was widowed at 39. Have friends that dealt with the death of children, severe disability, illness, financial distress, you name it.  NONE of them did other than carry on with dignity. They didn't abuse their friends or anyone they encountered.  Yes, they grieved but didn't take it out on others. These are rich entitled narcissists given a nationwide platform to act badly. 

Funny, none seemed to have grown up to the manor born, but once they married it, can't loosen the grip.  Their unmitigated belief in their entitlement to wealth & a certain lifestyle is staggering.   

Dorinda wiped the floor with John, and probably with Richard too.  Big know it all, so she thought.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, 65mickey said:

So one of the new housewives quit mid season. It doesn't bode well for the reboot. I predict it will be a one and done for this show. 

Link:

https://pagesix.com/2022/11/18/andy-cohen-speaks-out-on-lizzy-savetskys-rhony-exit/

I guess the reboot started filming after all, and one of the HWs quit because of antisemitic messages she received (she is Jewish). 

The Legacy didn't, and Andy Cohen is explaining why Ramona won't be on it.

https://deadline.com/2022/11/andy-cohen-ramona-singer-exit-rhony-legacy-spinoff-bravo-1235174652/

Edited by ZettaK
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 5

I'm surprised Jenna Lyons is joining RHONY - she's in her mid-fifties, crazy accomplished, rolling in dough, and has no need for this shit show - plus, she has a genuinely (as in not-Carole) offbeat sensibility that isn't the standard go-to when casting RHoNY. 

She had an interesting path to her career, imo - she was bullied as a kid (she has incontinentia pigmenti, a genetic disorder which scarred her skin,  made her hair fall out in patches  and caused her teeth to be malformed) and ended up as the woman who was labeled (when leading J Crew) as "the woman who dresses America".  I'll watch the first episode if only in hopes of seeing more of her apartment  (dear god, the munny, hunny: love or hate her design style,  her home screams casually-worn-wealth curated with an eye for what she loves, not what will impress others). Pandemic tour (2020) here:

Edited by film noire
  • Like 1
  • Useful 9
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, film noire said:

her home screams casually-worn-wealth curated with an eye for what she loves, not what will impress others).

As it should be......

13 hours ago, film noire said:

I'm surprised Jenna Lyons is joining RHONY - she's in her mid-fifties, crazy accomplished, rolling in dough, and has no need for this shit show - plus, she has a genuinely (as in not-Carole) offbeat sensibility that isn't the standard go-to when casting RHoNY. 

Eh, she's doing it for exposure; didn't she recently start some beauty/eyelash company? 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 5

Hi! I'm quoting @ZettaK, but from, I think the Lu thread. I don't know how to quote to a different thread. So I do apologize, if this irritates anyone.

"The reboot is filming right now, and one of the HWs quit because of antisemitic remarks on social media. She is Jewish. 

https://pagesix.com/2022/11/18/andy-cohen-speaks-out-on-lizzy-savetskys-rhony-exit/ "

I think that I saw something on Instagram. Someone mentioned that the N-word was part of a conversation. I have no idea how reliable the post is. I was falling asleep, so I don't know how reliable my memory is. I think Ms. Savetsky's husband had a conversation. He may have used the N-word. But it was not clear to me if he was using it in an offensive way, or if he was telling the other person, "X said the N-word." 

I am also sorry if you all hate when I post information that is pretty useless!

ETA: https://pagesix.com/2022/11/21/lizzy-savetsky-actually-left-rhony-after-n-word-controversy/amp/

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 6
On 11/15/2022 at 5:32 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Dorinda’s main problem is her drinking. IMO therapists don’t understand alcoholism. 

Alcoholics in denial will list every excuse under the sun to explain their drinking.

Dorinda needs to start a 12-step program and stop drinking. If she does that and honestly works the program with a sponsor, her behavior should dramatically improve. But it takes time.

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 11/28/2022 at 8:14 AM, Sweet-tea said:

Dorinda’s main problem is her drinking. IMO therapists don’t understand alcoholism. 

Alcoholics in denial will list every excuse under the sun to explain their drinking.

Dorinda needs to start a 12-step program and stop drinking. If she does that and honestly works the program with a sponsor, her behavior should dramatically improve. But it takes time.

Why is that?!? I totally agree that there are many individuals, who educated themselves to help patients with talk sessions, but are shockingly ignorant about alcoholism.

My spouse and I went to a marriage counselor twelve years ago. When we got married, I weighed 120 pounds. When we spoke to the marriage counselor five years later, my weight was the same. He told the MC the reason he consumed alcohol excessively so often was because I was too thin. The MC from that point on, tried to focus the sessions on why I was so thin. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 16
  • Sad 1
On 10/17/2022 at 12:32 PM, Hiyo said:

They used to do more intersting things like charity events and attending fashion shows. But even those types of activities became shown less, even before Covid.

Once housewives luncheons/dinners became famous for food fights and broken glassware (not to mention all  the screaming), doors were closed to them.  No amount of promotional consideration is worth being known as a reality tv show set. Unless you're Vanderpump and that's what you're selling.

My sister was widowed at 35 and there is an entire grief industry that can keep you stuck - she went to some grief groups and was horrified by people just sitting and wallowing in their pain, some for years on end. Mothers making every holiday about decorating Daddy's grave, etc. She skedaddled out of there lest she become one of them.

I agree though that the main problem is alcoholism, triggered/exacerbated by genuine grief for the lost love one or the lost lifestyle, and enough money that needing to keep a job isn't a guardrail against worst excesses. 

I don't know any of the influencers but don't mind checking them out. I didn't know any of the original housewives (Bethenny vaguely), and they made an impression quickly by blatant social climbing (Alex and her husband), pretension (LuAnn), delusions of grandeur (Ramona).  

Marketing yourself in a very limited and totally curated space is a skill - I have a feeling some of them don't realize they're about to blow up everything they've built by showing who they really are, having convinced themselves that they can sustain the illusion in three dimensions while interacting with others. I can be there for that. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/25/2022 at 11:29 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Hi! I'm quoting @ZettaK, but from, I think the Lu thread. I don't know how to quote to a different thread. So I do apologize, if this irritates anyone.

"The reboot is filming right now, and one of the HWs quit because of antisemitic remarks on social media. She is Jewish. 

https://pagesix.com/2022/11/18/andy-cohen-speaks-out-on-lizzy-savetskys-rhony-exit/ "

I think that I saw something on Instagram. Someone mentioned that the N-word was part of a conversation. I have no idea how reliable the post is. I was falling asleep, so I don't know how reliable my memory is. I think Ms. Savetsky's husband had a conversation. He may have used the N-word. But it was not clear to me if he was using it in an offensive way, or if he was telling the other person, "X said the N-word." 

I am also sorry if you all hate when I post information that is pretty useless!

ETA: https://pagesix.com/2022/11/21/lizzy-savetsky-actually-left-rhony-after-n-word-controversy/amp/

Who even knows this woman to bother with? And how would anyone know her religion?   And if the people who do know her, why would they suddenly start with the ethnic slurs.  Makes no sense at all that she would get a “barrage” of anti-Semitic hate mail before the show even aired.

Based on the nauseating pictures of her husband kissing her on the streets while she tries to make a sultry face to the camera, she’s no great loss.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, ichbin said:

Martin the boxing coach has something to say in regard to Eboni's new book.  

https://pagesix.com/2023/02/10/leah-mcsweeneys-rhony-boxing-coach-slams-eboni-k-williams/

Martin is to be the most awesome of ll people to be on the real housewives across all the franchises. 8 think I have a crush on him.

Cant stand either Leah or Eboni, but how am I not surprised Eboni sold someone else out? Not going to buy her book but hopefully I will she and hear reviews…

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
31 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

It’s a Hit: ‘Real Housewives of New York City’ Reboot Draws 1.7 Million Viewers

https://www.lovebscott.com/hit-real-housewives-new-york-city-reboot-draws-1-7-million-viewers

The part of me who's a Real Housewives junkie and adores New York is happy about this news. The part of me who fell in love with the original RHONY still doesn't want to give the newbies a chance and wishes we'd get our girls back. 

• Like 7

This story has gone viral with the media after it was uncovered that Erin Lichy made 4 separate donations associated with the Trump MAGA Stop The Steal in Nov 2020, after Joe Biden had been declared the winner of the Presential race.

Of course, she is now pushing back, calling these accusations hateful and denying being associated with Stop The Steal. But as people have noted, she doesn't explain why she made the donations.  Andy needs to bring this up at the Reunion.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/rhony-erin-lichy-explains-trump-stop-the-steal-donation-1235683632/

Edited by escape
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
11 minutes ago, escape said:

This story has gone viral with the media after it was uncovered that Erin Lichy made 4 separate donations associated with the Trump MAGA Stop The Steal in Nov 2020, after Joe Biden had been declared the winner of the Presential race.

Of course, she is now pushing back, calling these accusations hateful and denying being associated with Stop The Steal. But as people have noted, she doesn't explain why she made the donations.  Andy needs to bring this up at the Reunion.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/rhony-erin-lichy-explains-trump-stop-the-steal-donation-1235683632/

Ehh let’s not get political.  I want to go back to the days where we don’t care who people vote for.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, escape said:

Why? Let’s just keep politics out of our escapism TV.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
19 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Why? Let’s just keep politics out of our escapism TV.

This has gone viral with the mainstream media, and she has talked it about it, so fair game to bring it up.  Andy can't just ignore it at the Reunion.

Edited by escape
  • Like 6
11 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Sure he can. And he probably will. 

You mean like at 2016 RHONY Reunion, when he asked each cast member who they voted for President.

Edited by escape
  • Like 8
  • Mind Blown 3

I haven't watched the new cast, so I don't have any feelings about this Housewife either way. I don't mind some politics brought up occasionally. It's nice getting to know these women's views, but I understand those who are leery. These shows are supposed to be lighthearted and fun, with silly drama. 

• Like 9
8 hours ago, escape said:

You mean like at 2016 RHONY Reunion, when he asked each cast member who they voted for President.

I forgot about that.

Hey, we will have a contentious election in 2024 so maybe he can double down on the next reunion.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Peacock announced that instead of RHUGT – Morocco, which was supposed to premiere this year, it has been swapped out for RHONY Legacy in Dec.  While Morocco has been pushed back to 2024.

I think the most likely reason they’re rushing it forward is because the new RHONY has been bleeding viewers every week.   If the OGs are received well & pull decent numbers, they’ll have time to either blend or swap the casts for S15 next year.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, escape said:

Peacock announced that instead of RHUGT – Morocco, which was supposed to premiere this year, it has been swapped out for RHONY Legacy in Dec.  While Morocco has been pushed back to 2024.

I think the most likely reason they’re rushing it forward is because the new RHONY has been bleeding viewers every week.   If the OGs are received well & pull decent numbers, they’ll have time to either blend or swap the casts for S15 next year.

OGs back please! It will be like my birthday and Christmas and more all in one. 

And I still refuse to watch the newbies. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 7

The ratings for this reboot or whatever it is called are awful for the first night viewing. And they are slipping each week. Funny they are almost 1/2 of the RHNY season 13 last year.  And those ratings were considered low. The numbers that show the ratings in the millions are a combination of all platforms, recordings, streaming etc.  Andy won't admit that he made a mistake with this show but it is interesting that as soon as it finishes airing the legacy show will air. 

This show may have been better as an entirely new show with it's own title but not RONY. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 8/2/2023 at 7:11 PM, escape said:

It probably doesn't have to do with the ratings of the NYC HWs, but with the legal issues of the Ultimate Girls Trip Morocco because of the Brandi Granville and Caroline Manzo incident. I assume the airing of UGT Morocco was delayed because of it. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
On 8/5/2023 at 6:24 PM, 65mickey said:

Maybe but these  shows live and die by ratings. Look what happened to the cast of season 13 and their ratings were  better

Maybe it's better this way. The old cast can graduate from UGT to be called RH NY Legacy, become permanent, and give it let's say 8 episodes per season if UGT with the OGs has decent ratings. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
On 8/1/2023 at 10:52 PM, RealHousewife said:

I haven't watched the new cast, so I don't have any feelings about this Housewife either way. I don't mind some politics brought up occasionally. It's nice getting to know these women's views, but I understand those who are leery. These shows are supposed to be lighthearted and fun, with silly drama. 

Considering they went political with the last season before the reboot, I would hope they don’t bring it up again. Leah and Eboni lecturing and acting like they needed to enlighten the OGs didn’t go over well. I remember them trying to shame Ramona about her political preference and she gave them nothing. That season resulted in this less than spectacular reboot when all that was needed was to fire Eboni and Leah.   I actually think some of the new cast would have been fun with Sonja, Lu and Ramona.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

Please no politics. It’s all that’s ever talked about and I’m over it. I just wanna watch an entertaining show with drama and houses or apartments I’ll never be able to own lol.

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Considering they went political with the last season before the reboot, I would hope they don’t bring it up again. Leah and Eboni lecturing and acting like they needed to enlighten the OGs didn’t go over well. I remember them trying to shame Ramona about her political preference and she gave them nothing. That season resulted in this less than spectacular reboot when all that was needed was to fire Eboni and Leah.   I actually think some of the new cast would have been fun with Sonja, Lu and Ramona.

Disagree about Ramona. She was openly hostile towards younger women. No way she would have handled all these 30-somethings well. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Disagree about Ramona. She was openly hostile towards younger women. No way she would have handled all these 30-somethings well. 

That’s true. She could be quite a jerk when she wanted to. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Well, I've actually watched the reboot a couple of times because they show the shit out of it all week long.  It's awful.

There are a couple of people who SEEM interesting and then there's the rest of them who seem completely and utterly b-o-r-i-n-g....

And the one I cannot stomach is Brynn. She's awful.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Gotcha, that makes sense. I'm still so freaking sad about the reboot. I know, I know first world problems. But RHONY is just so damn fun to watch. I am in the second to last season before the reboot, so have only seen some Leah so far. I don't think she's as bad as all that (yet). It's some of the others who are being really mean to Tinsley where I'm at, even Sonja, who's a fave of mine. I still haven't gotten to Eboni, so not sure how I'll feel about her. Ramona isn't always my favorite, but her politics aren't their business. I do remember Caroline being pushy on that issue, and I didn't like that. I don't care what side it's coming from. 

Why didn't they just fire Eboni and Leah if the rest of the cast could have carried on the show? I doubt the newbies are as entertaining as Sonja, Lu, and Ramona. 

I read somewhere there was some racism according to Eboni. Was that true? Or was it strictly political stuff that killed the show? If someone was racist towards her, couldn't they just have gotten rid of that one person? Trying to understand why the whole cast had to go. 

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

We got a mid season trailer 

So two thoughts on this trailer 

ONE: ain’t nobody that likes to fly coach … I’m already team Jenna even if that’s not what she said lol 

Two I mean the rest of the season looks kinda boring to be honest… 

• Like 6