Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

On 4/6/2022 at 8:17 PM, twilightzone said:

Wow, Eboni says Luann, Ramona AND Leah were unwillingly to negotiate with her to return to the show.  Only Sonja was open to it.  So thirsty Leah sided with the OGs.  The Leah and Eboni "friendship" was only for the cameras.

https://pagesix.com/2022/04/06/eboni-k-williams-rhony-cast-unwilling-to-negotiate-with-me/?utm_source=P6Twitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&crl8_id=2eb67300-989e-424f-8e66-7f4b7c4f3d20

Why would Eboni think the other HWs would negotiate with her? Wouldn’t they negotiate with the producers? Eboni has delusions of grandeur. 

• Love 11

According to the Daily Mail Luann felt blindsided by the cancellation of the show and has not been offered a contract for either of the supposed new shows. It appears that they are finding it difficult to find new young candidates so maybe they might fall back on he old cast after all. They do have to start moving and filming or they will have a gaping hole in their schedule.

Edited by Joe Bacigaloop
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Joe Bacigaloop said:

According to the Daily Mail Luann felt blindsided by the cancellation of the show and has not been offered a contract for either of the supposed new shows. It appears that they are finding it difficult to find new young candidates so maybe they might fall back on he old cast after all. They do have to start moving and filming or they will have a gaping hole in their schedule.

If they cannot find new HW's and decide to keep Lu, Sonja, Ramona, etc...they might be able to parlay that in to a higher salary.  After last season Bravo should retool the show as a task based show or something to give it direction, nothing heavy or political because we saw what happened when the show went in that direction last season.  Maybe it should be a weekly party with a theme that each HW has to stick to or they have to be a tour guide for the others in a museum or they have to do a one act play, something that will keep them from going off the rails.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If they cannot find new HW's and decide to keep Lu, Sonja, Ramona, etc...they might be able to parlay that in to a higher salary.  After last season Bravo should retool the show as a task based show or something to give it direction, nothing heavy or political because we saw what happened when the show went in that direction last season.  Maybe it should be a weekly party with a theme that each HW has to stick to or they have to be a tour guide for the others in a museum or they have to do a one act play, something that will keep them from going off the rails.

Please! No more cabaret! lol.

Maybe they could tour or highlight local points of interest or festivals, and mix in some regional and not-so-regional trips. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Please! No more cabaret! lol.

Maybe they could tour or highlight local points of interest or festivals, and mix in some regional and not-so-regional trips. 

The rules state that there shalt not be cabaret, in fact no cabaret will be allowed even if Joel Grey himself sings "Cabaret," and Liza Minelli dances in the background!

If they go on any regional trips they must drive themselves, some of them might not make it, lol.

I would like to see Jill come back every now and then, her TH's were funny.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The rules state that there shalt not be cabaret, in fact no cabaret will be allowed even if Joel Grey himself sings "Cabaret," and Liza Minelli dances in the background!

If they go on any regional trips they must drive themselves, some of them might not make it, lol.

I would like to see Jill come back every now and then, her TH's were funny.

OMG! I can just picture them leaving someone behind at a highway rest stop on The Thruway because they stopped for gas, to change drivers and have a potty break. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I think they will not be able to find enough new people so they will go with the old guard and just beat them down salary wise as they threw a scare into them. A lineup of Ramona, Luann and Sonja could add Kelly, Jill, Dorinda and Tinsley for a great cast. Plenty of conflicts and storylines.

Edited by Joe Bacigaloop
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Joe Bacigaloop said:

That’s ridiculous that they can’t find reality show people. Maybe they still think it’s 2005 and young people are living the same type of lives.   

• Love 3

It maybe that people are savvy to what reality tv brings to their lives and only fame whores want to apply. They can’t get quality people in an organic friend group.

You don’t need a bunch of Leah’s and Eboni’s if you want to have a decent show.

• Love 13

I like the idea of having a "new breed" NYC housewives show along with an "old school" show to show, just out of curiosity, and to  show TPTB, where the demographic actually is, and how off Andy and the Bravo minions are (or aren't) on guessing what the viewers want out of the show. Do viewers want to watch the likes of Leah and Eboni? or do they/we want to watch Ramona, Lu., some ACTUAL friends, and possibly Sonja maneuver the challenges and luxuries of life? If one of them tanks, production and/or viewers will move on (ok, best case scenario, but still we'll have a better idea if people really want the Leahs and Ebonis vs the Ramonas and Luanns, because the 2 don't mix well).

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 12

I'd like to watch women who have lives outside this show rather than women whose lives have become this show (Luann and Sonja I'm looking at you among others.) I guess it's too late for Luann - will anyone still care about her lame caberet show without the fame of RHONY? 

• Love 11

It would not be a fair comparison if one show was on Bravo and the other one was on Peacock.

Let the newbies go on Peacock like it is the minor leagues. The vets built this franchise and have warned the right to a season without Leah and Eboni dragging them down. If these new people prove themselves on the minor league show then bring them up to the bigs next season.

• Love 16

I can't help but wonder the RH franchise is coming to a close and that Bravo is letting it die out naturally. 

Ratings are low across the board and there have been several stinkers the last few years - RHOD, RHOC, RHONY, and RHSLC might not be any good without Jen.  If they can't figure out the casting, I'd be surprised if any of them come back.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Joe Bacigaloop said:

It maybe that people are savvy to what reality tv brings to their lives and only fame whores want to apply. They can’t get quality people in an organic friend group.

You don’t need a bunch of Leah’s and Eboni’s if you want to have a decent show.

They never had quality people who were actual friends.   Once these women leave the show they never see their “friends “ again.  

nine million people in NYC.   They need to expand their search.   These older women are caricatures, fools flirting with men 30 years younger.  

• Love 9
On 4/14/2022 at 12:11 PM, SweetieDarling said:

OMG! I can just picture them leaving someone behind at a highway rest stop on The Thruway because they stopped for gas, to change drivers and have a potty break. 

It would most likely be Sonja.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Bluesky said:

They never had quality people who were actual friends.   Once these women leave the show they never see their “friends “ again.  

nine million people in NYC.   They need to expand their search.   These older women are caricatures, fools flirting with men 30 years younger.  

Well in the first season Jill, Ramona and Luann were friends as was Sonja and Dorinda who were added later. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Joe Bacigaloop said:

Well in the first season Jill, Ramona and Luann were friends as was Sonja and Dorinda who were added later. 

And Ramona and Sonja were going out friends when they were single, before they got married. Can you imagine?? 🐢 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 4/15/2022 at 1:35 PM, Bluesky said:

So what!  Men do it all the time!  Women should have free rein to do it too!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

So what!  Men do it all the time!  Women should have free rein to do it too!

Just because men do it doesn’t make it right.    Quite a few women aren’t interested in men their father’s age.  That goes for guys too.  Ramona, Sonja, Luann need to read the room.  They have visibly made some younger men uncomfortable with their flirting.

Ramona in Newport being aggressive with that man at the bar.  And then Leah and her creepy sister came over to “save him”.  He was so annoyed he walked out.  Sonja following that young guy to his hotel room even though he was with his girlfriend. And then she lies and said she slept with him!   They are starting to look foolish.  

When I was early 20s I remember some good times meeting men over 50 who were usually traveling for business and looking for conversation.  But the old lechers looking for young women for a one night stand were gross.  

• Like 1
  • Love 14

Now you're talking about making people uncomfortable, which is different from your original point.

Your original post said "flirting" and I think the women should flirt with whom they want.  We have seen on the show a lot of men who were not uncomfortable with flirting with them regardless of age.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Joe Bacigaloop said:

Reality Tea reports that they are having trouble finding Housewives who fit their whole criteria.

Wait what?!   They have qualifications?  I'm sure it's a pretty low bar.  I mean after 14 years seems like all you have to be is attractive on camera, have some money or live money adjacent and be a raging famewhore.  

Some of the OG RHONY women originally auditioned for a show about Moms in NYC.    Bethenny was a failed actress but engaged to a rich guy (hedge fund manager?) and trying to turn a private chef/catering career into a bigger business.  I'm not sure Ramona, Luann, Jill, etc. would have signed up to be on S15 of any reality show.  Okay, maybe Jill lol.  

Besides, the world is a different place. It's meaner and I'm not sure how "aspirational" marrying money and living in the 1% is anymore. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Joe Bacigaloop said:

Reality Tea reports that they are having trouble finding Housewives who fit their whole criteria.

They might end up bringing back the vets or canceling the show altogether.

https://www.realitytea.com/2022/04/21/producers-are-reportedly-struggling-to-cast-the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-season-14/

I think one of the reasons they are having trouble casting is that a lot of people have left NYC.  I also think the RHONY have shown themselves to be drunken assholes on TV and maybe some possible HW's do not want to be associated with the nonsense.  They have burned thru a lot of New York women on that show, anyone ever count how many past and current HW's we have seen?

Maybe take a break like they did with Miami.

• Love 5

17 total HWs in 13 seasons, which is somewhat standard for a HW show. RHOA has had 17 HWs for 14 seasons, RHOBH has had 21 HWs in 12 seasons, while RHONJ has had 15 HWs in 12 seasons.

• Useful 7
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think one of the reasons they are having trouble casting is that a lot of people have left NYC.

That and safety/security is probably an issue as well. NYC is in my territory for work and I told my employer I won’t go down there anymore. Not worth the risk.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

17 total HWs in 13 seasons, which is somewhat standard for a HW show. RHOA has had 17 HWs for 14 seasons, RHOBH has had 21 HWs in 12 seasons, while RHONJ has had 15 HWs in 12 seasons.

Maybe the can have all the ex NY HW's come back, there's your show!

I would do anything to watch a Scary Island reboot!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

They have sort of backed themselves into a corner. They have said that they don’t want to bring back last season’s cast. They can’t find new people who meet their very limiting criteria. 

So they might as well cancel it altogether.

• Love 3

I'm a little surprised they can't find new people.  I mean, I get why they wouldn't be able to - this show is a trash fest showing trashy people, regardless of how much money they have (or don't have, Sonja).   Most people wouldn't want anything to do with it. 

At the same time, there are millions of people in NYC, and I would expect more than a few fame ho's would love to be on the show.  But I guess the fame-ho wannabes don't have money, or lives, or something.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, izabella said:

I'm a little surprised they can't find new people.  I mean, I get why they wouldn't be able to - this show is a trash fest showing trashy people, regardless of how much money they have (or don't have, Sonja).   Most people wouldn't want anything to do with it. 

At the same time, there are millions of people in NYC, and I would expect more than a few fame ho's would love to be on the show.  But I guess the fame-ho wannabes don't have money, or lives, or something.

I don't normally listen to podcasts in general, much less Bravo-related podcasts, but I did listen to a few with Kate Casey which were very good.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/reality-life-with-kate-casey/id1154758766

In some she talks about how the city is the star of the show and that the cast members should reflect the nature of the city.  I think Andy has said as much as well.

It occurred to me that NYC is changing. The pandemic, subway killings, 9/11 still today (my parents lived in Manhattan when that happened and it's still haunting), exodus to Brooklyn, internationals buying up real estate, etc. Even Bethenny left the city.  It's not what it was when RHONY began, and it still seems to be a bit of a moving target. 

I don't know the status of all this, but I could see casting being more tricky now than when they just had to focus on rich white women of the Upper East Side.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Jextella said:

It occurred to me that NYC is changing. The pandemic, subway killings, 9/11 still today (my parents lived in Manhattan when that happened and it's still haunting), exodus to Brooklyn, internationals buying up real estate, etc. Even Bethenny left the city.  It's not what it was when RHONY began, and it still seems to be a bit of a moving target. 

I don't know the status of all this, but I could see casting being more tricky now than when they just had to focus on rich white women of the Upper East Side.

I gave the last season a pass because the pandemic really limited doing anything anywhere except private residences (didn't they spend FIVE days at Ramona's Hampton house?) and outdoor stuff.   

Still, although RHONY was once my fav I think it's time is up. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I gave the last season a pass because the pandemic really limited doing anything anywhere except private residences (didn't they spend FIVE days at Ramona's Hampton house?) and outdoor stuff.   

Still, although RHONY was once my fav I think it's time is up. 

Just like NYC.

It’a over.

• Love 1

I gave the last season a pass because the pandemic really limited doing anything anywhere except private residences

It'll be interesting to see how the new seasons of other shows do now that things are more relaxed. RHOA and RHOBH are starting new seasons, we should have an idea from those shows if things get better with regards to what they can do. We already know both groups are traveling internationally (to Jamaica and Mexico, respectively), so there is that.

• Love 6

I don’t think they are coming back at all. They can’t use some of last season’s cast because they can’t fire Eboni and no one else. She will accuse them of racism and with Nene’s lawsuit they don’t need the complications. Since they can’t use the old cast and they can’t find the unicorn of a diverse group of accomplished actual friends they will not do anything this year.

Plus the crime and degradation of even the ritzy neighborhoods have gone off the charts.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/23/nyc-crime-spikes-in-manhattans-east-and-west-villages/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

Edited by Joe Bacigaloop
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Joe Bacigaloop said:

I don’t think they are coming back at all. They can’t use some of last season’s cast because they can’t fire Eboni and no one else. She will accuse them of racism and with Nene’s lawsuit they don’t need the complications. Since they can’t use the old cast and they can’t find the unicorn of a diverse group of accomplished actual friends they will not do anything this year.

Plus the crime and degradation of even the ritzy neighborhoods have gone off the charts.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/23/nyc-crime-spikes-in-manhattans-east-and-west-villages/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

I would say they could take the the NYHW's to film in the Hampton's but I think there is a new show about a bunch of food service industry people working in the Hampton's, may they can move out to Secaucus lol.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Dorinda has a new boubon on the market. It's called Bluestone Manor.

I was at a wedding yesterday, my cousin's (not the bride at this wedding) mother in law who is from Chicago but has a beautiful vacation home in the Berkshires told me she went to a garden walk at Bluestone Manor, I nearly jumped on her lap and started asking her questions, she said the gardens are gorgeous but did not get to see the inside of the Manor...I told her to keep trying to make friends with Dorinda and get the BME, Bluestone Manor Experience) from the inside.  I am pretty sure Cousin Carol, (that is what I call her), thinks I am crazy.

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
On 5/2/2022 at 11:07 AM, pasdetrois said:

Dorinda has a new boubon on the market. It's called Bluestone Manor.

Nothing says bourbon like The Berkshires....

• LOL 9

Here is a rather positive view of Dorinda's Bluestone Manor Bourbon from a professional reviewer who had no idea who Dorinda is. She is sourcing it from a small, New York distillery that uses local grains, which is nice given that she is a NY housewife.  Sounds like a decent sipping bourbon.  Personally I like the look of the bottle. (Why yes, I am a dark liquor drinker.  Why do you ask?  😁 ).

Article 

In the end, this is a quite balanced and decently flavorful dram—not very complex, but quite easy to enjoy and more composed than you see in a lot of comparable craft bourbon.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
On 4/23/2022 at 1:45 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I would say they could take the the NYHW's to film in the Hampton's but I think there is a new show about a bunch of food service industry people working in the Hampton's, may they can move out to Secaucus lol.

If they're struggling to find rich women in NY who want to be on the show, what about rich women in the rich suburbs like Westchester County?  Surely there are some high strung, competitive, country club frenemies they can lure with fame.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

I hope this is true.  She and Eboni tanked the show.  If the plan is to have a completely new cast with RHONY, she and Eboni would be out.  And there is no way they would be part of the Legacy show spin off.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 3/24/2022 at 7:39 PM, ChitChat said:

For me, all of the HWs shows have gone way past their expiration date!  There's nothing enjoyable or funny watching these women get drunk and bitch about each other.  Stick in a fork in all of them.  They're done!

I still watch Atlanta, Potomac and OC.  NY is my fave.  I miss the earlier versions of NY.

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, snarts said:

Oh Ramona...

She casually shared the details of Teresa/Luis' wedding (including the password to RSVP) on her instagram story.  I bet Teresa regrets inviting her now.

I am not shocked, Ramona is oblivious to half the things she does and says, I can only think of the panic Teresa had trying to contact all of her guests to alert them to a password change, lol.  Ramona is an idiot.

Somewhere Bethany is peeing in her pants laughing over Ramona leaking the wedding info but at least this time it is not on the floor of a hotel bathroom.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am not shocked, Ramona is oblivious to half the things she does and says, I can only think of the panic Teresa had trying to contact all of her guests to alert them to a password change, lol.  Ramona is an idiot.

Somewhere Bethany is peeing in her pants laughing over Ramona leaking the wedding info but at least this time it is not on the floor of a hotel bathroom.

Hopefully she's throwing money at a wedding planner to take care of these things, because someone is going to have to explain the situation to Teresa

f3c9b938e69713ce6c385cff3d9a7fcc.gif

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • LOL 11
23 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Hopefully she's throwing money at a wedding planner to take care of these things, because someone is going to have to explain the situation to Teresa

Explaining something to Teresa???!!!??? Oh dear that would be a horrible task, at some point she will blame Margaret.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

She's not in a panic yet. She's still trying to comprehend what exactly happened.

AE71355D-71F4-4D96-A1A4-107876092A91.gif.fde2bf37b4b15b463e76711327e87931.gif

• LOL 14