Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Problem is, a show will never appease all viewers. 

I'm annoyed that the OG's RHONY will most likely air on Peacock. That's the one I actually want to watch. The reboot... we'll see. If it's a cast of a bunch of Leah-types, then definitely not. 

Agree. Stop trying to force people to another streaming source. However, I can't help but notice the Ultimate Trainwreck... I mean Girls Trip, is now being shown on BRAVO so that plan may not be working as expected.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Problem is, a show will never appease all viewers. 

I'm annoyed that the OG's RHONY will most likely air on Peacock. That's the one I actually want to watch. The reboot... we'll see. If it's a cast of a bunch of Leah-types, then definitely not. 

Andy said the platform for RHONY Legacy has not been determined. There will definitely be an audience for it.  It's a proven formula.

Die hard RHONY fans aren't going to watch a revamped around Eboni and Leah.  They are the reasons why the ratings bombed.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 18

Geez, Andy is really trying to squeeze every last drop out of this franchise that's been going downhill for a while.  I think the culture has changed enough that a woman whose tagline was once, "I don't feel guilty for being privileged" (Luann)  is over it. 

But then what do I know? It made Andy a millionaire.   And it's been fun snarking all these years.  Until it's just gross - which is where I find OC. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
forgot a word
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, twilightzone said:

Andy said the platform for RHONY Legacy has not been determined. There will definitely be an audience for it.  It's a proven formula.

Die hard RHONY fans aren't going to watch a revamped around Eboni and Leah.  They are the reasons why the ratings bombed.

I don't think Ebony and Leah are staying either.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Just remembered that on WWHL last night Andy asked Lu what old timey cast members she would line to see back (no mention of this show concept, seemingly hypothetical). She mentioned Kelly and Aviva. I'd be down for some leg throwing. 😁

Did Lu mention that club kicking her out for drunkenly monopolizing the microphone and harassing the guests?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 8

I would definately watch both if both happened. 

There's a part of me that thinks the "legacy" version will never come to fruition and that Bravo tossed out the idea as a way to lighten the blow for cast and fans that RHONY will be completely recast (which I do think is a good idea,)

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

If they are actually going to recast, I suggest that they actually hire actual housewives, or change the name,

I don't care whether they are housewives or not - I think that the term is extremely outdated - but you make a damn good point about the name.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Did Lu mention that club kicking her out for drunkenly monopolizing the microphone and harassing the guests?

She did, but she -imo- kept it too light and didn't seem as much apologetic as defensive.

4 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I think the culture has changed enough that a woman whose tagline was once, "I don't feel guilty for being privileged" (Luann)  is over it. 

She said that Bravo cut the end of that quote which said something like she feels grateful for her privilege. Andy laughed and said yep, they cut it.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

Despite not being the highest rated RH show, RHONY fans are pretty die-hard.

It's also interesting that many past cast members are still in touch with one another and fans still talk alot about them as if they are still in the RHONY universe. Jill, Bethenny, Kelly, Dorinda, Heather, Carole, Tinsley are all still very much part of the RHONY fabric.  

A "legacy" version of the show might perform really well if it comes to pass.

Edited by Jextella
  • Like 1
  • Love 10

I'll definitely watch the Legacy ones, I think it would be interesting. I'll probably give the rebooted one a chance too. I think this is a good idea. As long as Leah stays away. 

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Geez, Andy is really trying to squeeze every last drop out of this franchise that's been going downhill for a while. 

Exactly. Shove the old gals onto an island, with minimal production costs, and maximize profits while you can.

This arrangement will be a real financial blow to the original housewives. Their show income will be greatly reduced from when they appeared in full seasons.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Jextella said:

Despite not being the highest rated RH show, RHONY fans are pretty die-hard.

It's also interesting that many past cast members are still in touch with one another - or at least still fans seem to still talk alot about them. Jill, Bethenny, Kelly, Dorinda, Heather, Carole, Tinsley are all still "out there" being talked about as if they are still active participants in the RHONY universe.  I'll bet there is a lot of interest in a "legacy" version of the show - maybe even more so than a recast RHONY.

There definitely is for me. BRAVO runs re runs of earlier seasons quite often during the week and I enjoy them. Pretty much all the franchises I watch were better earlier, especially NY, NJ  and OC, IMO. Considering how the new casting has been in these shows I would much rather watch the "Legacy" show. Wish they would do it on OC too. Which they might after their second disastrous season on that one too.

• Love 10

My take is I'd love an OG show minus Bethenny trying to be showrunner, and Tinsley needs a new storyline. The rest of the NY cast has moved on and they're doing new things with their lives, but Tinsley's been otherwise radio silent on IG since she was in Chicago a bunch for her charity at the end of last year. She and Leah seemed to have dropped each other.

Anyone who's ever been in a relationship with a narcissist knows they try to pull you back in every time, especially between the holidays when you are at your weakest, and Scott has a proven track record. What I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised in the least if she was seeing him on the super down low. Just a theory. I know the pattern because I've done the pattern, but I've also done the work and I'm free now.

I'd be interested in a reboot, but not if the cast is comprised of people who are completely unhinged like Leah or Lindsey from Summer House, who the under 35 set seem to worship. I want to see aspirational women and their messiness, not messy women encouraging Gen Z'ers to be messy just like them for the social media attention.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

The rest of the NY cast has moved on and they're doing new things with their lives,

Except Jill.  I imagine Jill Zarin has been waiting for Andy to call since the day after she was let go. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

Except Jill.  I imagine Jill Zarin has been waiting for Andy to call since the day after she was let go. 

Oh yes I totally agree 😄  I could tolerate Jill in friend-of status or even just the occasional party guest, but full blown Jill would be a detractor.

I still don't know what a B Bag is.

Unless it's Fendi, I know what that B Bag is, Sis Apple has one from that time.  

• Love 6
21 hours ago, twilightzone said:

I'm in the minority, but I like both Leah and Eboni. What rubs for me is that both are know-it-alls and very judgemental and are quite often not fun to watch as a result. Tough life lesson for both, I feel. 

6 hours ago, chlban said:

There definitely is for me. BRAVO runs re runs of earlier seasons quite often during the week and I enjoy them. Pretty much all the franchises I watch were better earlier, especially NY, NJ  and OC, IMO. Considering how the new casting has been in these shows I would much rather watch the "Legacy" show. Wish they would do it on OC too. Which they might after their second disastrous season on that one too.

IMO, The first 3 seasons of RHOC and RHBH are better than all future seasons combined. The first 3 seasons of RHONY were also its best except that with only a dud season or two since, RHONY has continued to deliver since the very beginning.

4 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I just quickly scanned the Variety interview, but I'm pretty sure Andy said something like "Jill will be the first one to call me asking if she gets her apple back."

I'm not ready for any of the once dismissed housewives to go back to the regular show, but I'm ready for them on a legacy version that has a different premise. Except maybe Dorinda who apparently is still mean and foul. Should be fun if it happens.

Edited by Jextella
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

For me, all of the HWs shows have gone way past their expiration date!  There's nothing enjoyable or funny watching these women get drunk and bitch about each other.  Stick in a fork in all of them.  They're done!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 3/23/2022 at 5:08 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Just remembered that on WWHL last night Andy asked Lu what old timey cast members she would line to see back (no mention of this show concept, seemingly hypothetical). She mentioned Kelly and Aviva. I'd be down for some leg throwing. 😁

I finally watched. She also said Jill and DORINDA! I will admit that Lu is fairly forgiving. Although, she is still ticked off at Tom.

I actually thought her dress was kind of neat. But it could have been a polyester blend. 

The other housewife was showing so much of her chest.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I finally watched. She also said Jill and DORINDA! I will admit that Lu is fairly forgiving. Although, she is still ticked off at Tom.

I actually thought her dress was kind of neat. But it could have been a polyester blend. 

The other housewife was showing so much of her chest.

I still have a wietd soft spot for the former Countess. No idea why, but she is really the only one I will miss at all from last year. Maybe she will end up on the Legacy show. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, chlban said:

I still have a wietd soft spot for the former Countess. No idea why, but she is really the only one I will miss at all from last year. Maybe she will end up on the Legacy show. 

In the Variety interview, Andy is pretty clear about having cast members who are “beloved” by fans. Here’s a bit about Lu:

Interviewer: Let’s just say, because they’re still beloved and were on last season, Sonja Morgan and Luann de Lesseps.  

Andy: I don’t really want to get into specifics about specific women. Because then it’s like, “Oh, well, he said yes to these two…” The answer is: Sonja and Luann have been a part of the show — for Luann, from the beginning, and Sonja since Season 3. So I think, in theory, sure!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, chlban said:

I still have a weird soft spot for the former Countess. No idea why, but she is really the only one I will miss at all from last year. Maybe she will end up on the Legacy show. 

Same. For me it's because she has always been over the top ridiculous and I find it very entertaining.  Correcting people in public (#1 breach of etiquette from the self described queen of etiquette), getting loaded and falling into the bushes, going crazy over the lower level and the Fish Room,  inviting then-broke Bethenny on a surfing lesson and sticking her with the bill, lying about her one night stand on a vacay when Heather called her out, getting outraged when Ramona pointed out she likes "older gentlemen" (referring to the Count) etc. etc.  

Lu lives on her own high horse and I enjoy when she falls off it. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10

NY is the only HW franchise I still watch, so I would tune in to watch both shows, as long as Leah isn't involved.  I'm not entertained by her, and I fast forward through her talking heads and any interactions involving just her and her family.  I can take or leave Eboni, she doesn't get on my nerves the way Leah does.

I'd like to see Lu, Dorinda, Sonja, and Tinsley, for starters, return.  I've seen and heard enough from Ramona, would not miss her even a little.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
On 3/25/2022 at 1:28 PM, Cosmocrush said:

Lu lives on her own high horse and I enjoy when she falls off it. 

Wouldn't that be "on her own high CAMEL and I enjoy when she falls off it."? 

<insert Luanne camel ride GIF here, which I cannot currently find>

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

I heard a clip of a podcast (sorry, I didn't think to get a link) in which Luanne says she's not sure if she can do the legacy show because she may have "inked a deal with E Entertainment".

I read elsewhere that the salaries will be very low - even for Luann, Ramona, and Sonja thereby making their returns a little questionable.

I really have doubts that there will be such a show and that putting it out there was just a way to rip the bandaid for the OG cast and fans.  I'll believe it when I see it.

If a legacy version does materialize, I'm not sure I'd watch without Ramona, Luann, and Sonja.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Jextella said:

I read elsewhere that the salaries will be very low - even for Luann, Ramona, and Sonja making their return a little questionable.

If there is to be a show, Sonja with a J will most certainly be on it no matter what it pays, she loves the camera and will never pass up the opportunity to be in front of it.

• Love 16

Lu was on the Wendy Williams show today. The hosts were Vivica Fox and Carson Kressley who fell all over her like her two biggest fans. 
They addressed her latest drunken debacle. She blew it off as usual, same old line,  ‘it was a learning experience, I’m a work in progress’.  She didn’t divulge anything about the new show(s). Did not say anything about any of the other HW’s. Then promoted her new non-alcoholic Rose ‘wine’. yawn 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 3/23/2022 at 4:04 PM, chlban said:

Agree. Stop trying to force people to another streaming source. 

This. I already pay for satellite. I’m sick of the pushing all content to streaming services. I don’t want to pay for 8 different services. 

I miss old RHONY. I understand wanting to appeal to a different demographic but I still say they should’ve created a different show for it not add to the existing cast. 
Leah has always belonged on a different show. 

• Love 9
(edited)
On 3/25/2022 at 9:16 AM, chlban said:

I do too. For me, I think it's because Lu is a fighter. She's still out there trying to make things happen for herself...cabaret, husbands, chic lifestyle, etc. Things don't always go her way, but she gets right back on the horse and keeps on moving. I guess they call this "tenacity". 

Edited by Jextella
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Jextella said:

I do too. For me, I think it's because Lu is a fighter. She's still out there trying to make things happen for herself...cabaret, husbands, chic lifestyle, etc. Things don't always go her way, but she gets right back on the horse and keeps on moving. I guess they call this "tenacity". 

This! Even Sonja, as laughable as some of her ideas have been she keeps trying. Lu keeps trying. Ramona keeps trying. No matter how bad things get, they haven’t given up. I love that so much. 

I can’t see Leah starting over so gracefully. 

• Love 7

Wow, Eboni says Luann, Ramona AND Leah were unwillingly to negotiate with her to return to the show.  Only Sonja was open to it.  So thirsty Leah sided with the OGs.  The Leah and Eboni "friendship" was only for the cameras.

https://pagesix.com/2022/04/06/eboni-k-williams-rhony-cast-unwilling-to-negotiate-with-me/?utm_source=P6Twitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&crl8_id=2eb67300-989e-424f-8e66-7f4b7c4f3d20

• Love 8
3 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Wow, Eboni says Luann, Ramona AND Leah were unwillingly to negotiate with her to return to the show.  Only Sonja was open to it.  So thirsty Leah sided with the OGs.  The Leah and Eboni "friendship" was only for the cameras.

https://pagesix.com/2022/04/06/eboni-k-williams-rhony-cast-unwilling-to-negotiate-with-me/?utm_source=P6Twitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&crl8_id=2eb67300-989e-424f-8e66-7f4b7c4f3d20

Since Kelly B brought up Anna Delvey it got me thinking about how funny a show featuring Delvey and Sonja could be. I see a lot of similarities between them. Imagine Sonja interacting with Delvey while in full Lady Morgan mode. They could live together in the townhouse.  Meanwhile both of them seem to depend on the actual wealthy friends and acquaintances to keep them afloat in their desired social circles.  Would they join forces or try throw the other down in order to step up?  It would be a whole lot more entertaining than anything in the last season of NY. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Wow, very interesting. I wonder what Leah's primary reason was? Did she feel like Eboni alone was to blame for the ratings decline? Did she just side with the others in the hope it was the best strategy for keeping her apple? Did she and Eboni have a falling out? Did she feel like she'd stand a better chance with the viewers if she wasn't trying to play the role as Eboni's friend? 

I'm weirdly curious about this because Leah was such an OTT try hard with Eboni but when it came down to it, she abandoned her when it looked like the viewers didn't respond well to Eboni.

I wonder if she has any self awareness that a lot of the viewers found her to be just as annoying or even worse than Eboni? 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, ichbin said:

Since Kelly B brought up Anna Delvey it got me thinking about how funny a show featuring Delvey and Sonja could be. I see a lot of similarities between them. Imagine Sonja interacting with Delvey while in full Lady Morgan mode. They could live together in the townhouse.  Meanwhile both of them seem to depend on the actual wealthy friends and acquaintances to keep them afloat in their desired social circles.  Would they join forces or try throw the other down in order to step up?  It would be a whole lot more entertaining than anything in the last season of NY. 

Both of them with their delusions of lifestyle brands and high rent artist colony clubs, running around town demanding luxury items for free, it would be fantastic! Can you imagine the interns they would have working for them, doing inane tasks all day long...it would be glorious.  How many episodes before Anna sleeps with Harry Dubin, lol.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I keep seeing reports about them possibly adding Julia Fox and no, just no. 

I have no idea what or who Julia Fox is except for the fact that she dated Kanye for about a minute.  At this point, sure put in and see what happens, it can get any worse. I also think that they could put a Instagram or Tik Tok person in there for the same money...it seriously could not be any worse than last season.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have no idea what or who Julia Fox is except for the fact that she dated Kanye for about a minute.  At this point, sure put in and see what happens, it can get any worse. I also think that they could put a Instagram or Tik Tok person in there for the same money...it seriously could not be any worse than last season.

That's her. I'd never heard of this woman until she had a 5 second relationship with Kanye and now for some reason, I see her everywhere, mostly in a crazy outfit with crazy make-up. Do yourself a favor and never listen to her speak. I came across a red carpet interview she did and she has the worst vocal fry.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Both of them with their delusions of lifestyle brands and high rent artist colony clubs, running around town demanding luxury items for free, it would be fantastic! Can you imagine the interns they would have working for them, doing inane tasks all day long...it would be glorious.  How many episodes before Anna sleeps with Harry Dubin, lol.

I'm imagining a scene with Sonja taking a Sharpie to cover up scuffs on her bags and shoes while Anna looks on disgust and then goes on to drag her in the following talking head.  

I tell you, this could work!

• LOL 6
On 4/6/2022 at 8:46 PM, ichbin said:

This would be hilarious! Could you imagine their vacations together? Julia Fox stopping by the townhouse for brunch? 

When thinking about the 35 and under set, I remembered an old show that was similar. I think it only lasted a season. City Girls? It only had a short season. One of the cast members was on Lizzie Grubman’s MTV reality show. 

• Love 2