Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

23 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I agree and come back with a new cast that comes from all parts of NYC...from UES to the Village, Chelsea, Gramercy Park, Upper West Side etc...

That’s just one borough.  We need Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and the Bronx.  All of these boroughs have wealthy “housewives” in beautiful housing.  And not some fakers like Simon and what’s her name.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

That’s just one borough.  We need Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and the Bronx.  All of these boroughs have wealthy “housewives” in beautiful housing.  And not some fakers like Simon and what’s her name.  

I doubt they would recruit from the Bronx or Staten Island or even Queens for that matter. it would be problematic to get everyone together for their social gatherings due to distance, traffic, etc. I could see a spin off though...RHOBrooklyn or RHOStatenIsland.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

If they go on lengthy hiatus, Eboni will probably have to find another gig. That solves their problem of not having her back.

The few snippets I've seen of Dorinda - she is clearly campaigning to be invited back. Andy is stringing her along to see if she behaves.

• Love 6
On 8/18/2021 at 8:41 PM, phoenix780 said:

I actually like most of this cast, and that it's a smaller group, but I also wouldn't be mad at a purge. 

I actually like the entire cast, but I'd like to see 1 or 2 more to liven it up.

I'm too attached to the OG's for a purge :)

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Jextella said:

I actually like the entire cast, but I'd like to see 1 or 2 more to liven it up.

I'm too attached to the OG's for a purge :)

I credit the small cast size for preventing the teams thing that sometimes happens. 

They can spin the originals off onto a show that's more...overtly a Golden Girls reference. 

• Love 2
On 8/18/2021 at 5:26 PM, 65mickey said:

The main problem with this cast as I see it is that there is a 20 year difference in age  between Eboni and Leah and the rest of the cast. Almost 25 years between Ramona and Leah and Eboni. This is too big of an age gap to work, almost different generations.  I have to wonder if the producers even considered that this might be a problem.  Five or ten years difference is not a big deal but 20-25 is. They are at different stages in life and have no real interests in common.Everything is fake and forced. Is EBONI’S LECTURING.

Fixed it for you.

🙃

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8

Apparently the Black Shabbat was so awful the publication Jewish Times, (August 20th issue) had a small article about it, the author made mention about what high hopes the hostess Archie had for a meaningful exchange between the guests but our attention was turned to Ramona Singer and her horrible behavior and who tried to steer the focus to her experiences and identity, the author asked the question, "how can these women live in NYC for so long and know so little?"

• Useful 6
  • Love 12

This was posted on gossip/spoiler Instagram account deuxmoi. Take it with a grain of salt. Although I do hope that Leah is ousted regardless of the validity of this. 

RHONY1.thumb.jpg.08634b4f8cb8fda48d52700f85bd06ea.jpgRHONY2.thumb.jpg.cb8fcba129774a4d6b7cb101e7af940f.jpg

RHONY3.jpg

Edited by funnygirl
  • Useful 8
  • Love 1

I had an episode of  The 100,000 Pyramid  on my list of shows to watch.  Dorinda and Sonja were the celebrities.  The housewives should never venture out of their own bubble. They both were um, not very good at giving or receiving clues 😆. I mean the show isn't Jeopardy it should  be easy enough. They made themselves look  not smart . I dont know if this was an old episode as Michael Strahan kept referring to Dorinda as a HW.  But wow. Im really not trying to be mean but it was bad compared to all the other actors, comedians  and celebs in general. The long pauses were just awkward. 

Edited by Cozytea
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

I hope that there is truth to this rumor.  Is there anyone who wouldn't like to see Bethenny interact with Eboni during her lecture series?  Luann doesn't really fulfill much more than a "friend of function" currently so this would work out well for her.  I'd be happy with more Tinsley just because her mother amuses me. No mention of Sonja returning which is also fine with me.  Leah never belonged on this show so not bringing her back would simply be righting a two season wrong.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

I hope that there is truth to this rumor.  Is there anyone who wouldn't like to see Bethenny interact with Eboni during her lecture series?  Luann doesn't really fulfill much more than a "friend of function" currently so this would work out well for her.  I'd be happy with more Tinsley just because her mother amuses me. No mention of Sonja returning which is also fine with me.  Leah never belonged on this show so not bringing her back would simply be righting a two season wrong.

Tinsley always bored me, but at this point anyone would be an improvement over Leah. I wish Eboni would go too, but I never expected they would get rid if her. Sonja needs to go, but please not Sherri Shepard. 

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, chlban said:

but please not Sherri Shepard

I can agree with that!  She does a fine job on sitcoms, but based upon what I saw of her on The View  I doubt she would be an asset on this particular show.

• Love 13

I would love to see Eboni, Leah go just because it would be so great to see their massive egos go into the shitter.

Sonja too because I think she became one of the most inauthentic characters ever.  This is authentic Sonja arguing with someone.

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-5/episode-15/videos/sonja-and-aviva-fight-about-the

I would not want Beth back.  I loved her first run.  Her second run couldn't stand her.  Other than her charitable endeavors, she annoys the fuck out of me.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 14

That's an interesting article. It speaks to how Bravo values its cast members. It's not all about ratings.

I would actually like to see Tinsley come back if she has something going on in her life to make her interesting without Dorinda. I don't see it happening though. Plus, I'm not sure the OG's warmed to her as much as would be needed for it to work. 

I feel as if the ship has sailed for Dorinda. I will watch her on the new show of past housewives, though.

I really do not want to see Bethenny come back.  

If Ramona's Q score means anything, I'd be surprised if Dorinda and Bethenny do come back because Ramona doesn't care for eaither of them anymore.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This is all very interesting but man I never found Tinsley interesting at all on RHONY.  Nothing to dislike about her, but I have never clamoured for her return.

Agreed.

She's sweet, but I never really understood some of her worship.  The whole IT girl thing was decades ago and all I saw was someone who couldn't let go of the past.  And I never understood why people found her so attractive -- she is a skinny blonde but her nose is nearly non-existent now and the getups were forever 21.  

Phew, glad I got that off my chest lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

No to Beth,  especially if she wants all that control over the show.  NO!

Surprised to read that Bravo may have a financial investment in Lu’s cabaret show.  Sigh.

Don’t know much about Sherri Shepherd.  Isn’t she an actress?

Tinsley would be fine with me.

• Love 7

Interesting article indeed. I have a really hard time believing they are in "deep" talks with Tinsley because we all know she'd be on that like white rice. But beyond that, we've already endured 4 seasons of her blubbering about Scott (who sometimes went by Bruce). Rehashing her bad relationship that we already know everything about would be Groundhog Day in pink dog clothes. She shouldn't be talking about him anymore regardless of the threat of legal action.

It would be one thing if she actually did anything with her life besides taking time off from time off. If she put herself in the trenches in the shelters, cleaning up and helping take care of the animals, I might like to see her set that example. But all she does is lend her image to step and repeats for animal welfare fundraisers and jet around between her mother's condos. I mean this in all sincerity - she needs to grow up and get a life. There is absolutely nothing interesting about her. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This is all very interesting but man I never found Tinsley interesting at all on RHONY.  Nothing to dislike about her, but I have never clamoured for her return.

I always liked Tinsley for some reason.  I would offer my opinion that after the coarseness that is this season, she would be a breath of fresh air at any Shabbat dinner she attended.  

• Love 15
12 hours ago, Jextella said:

would actually like to see Tinsley come back if she has something going on in her life to make her interesting without Dorinda. I don't see it happening though. Plus, I'm not sure the OG's warmed to her as much as would be needed for it to work. 

But Tinsley is our bridge to Dale who I suspect could be the real asset to this group.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, chlban said:

Tinsley always bored me, but at this point anyone would be an improvement over Leah. I wish Eboni would go too, but I never expected they would get rid if her. Sonja needs to go, but please not Sherri Shepard. 

No to Sherri Shepard.  Didn't she get in trouble for neglecting her special needs son?  

No matter what, they better keep Ramona.

• Love 8

Bravo said they were letting Dorinda “take a break” which probably left the door open.  I wouldn’t mind her coming back if she was a nicer person.  I loved seeing her house i the Beserkshires, every Halloween.  When she’s nice, she’s smart and funny.  She was heartbroken when she left and probably learned her lesson.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, sheshark said:

Not without alcohol intervention.

Dorinda is what finally drove me away from the show. When three eps in a row opened with a Dorinda diatribe last season, I was out. It was so unpleasant. I'm not a huge Tinsley fan or anything, but Dor was really abusive in the few eps I watched that season. If she hasn't had detox/rehab since that time, she doesn't need to be back.

This show, if it doesn't get canceled, would be stupid to get rid of Ramona. She is one of the reasons NY was my ABSOLUTE favorite franchise for several years. The fact that she's a terrible person is her greatest asset. Even without watching this season, I knew the moment a black housewife was coming on, Ramona would be in trouble. I just knew it. She can't help herself. I've been eagerly reading various forum threads, wincing at the drama I knew would surround her.

Bravo shouldn't let Ro go...especially if they won't break down and get the original band back together (Beth, Jill and maybe even Kelly). I still get shakes when I recall the greatness of Scary Island. This cast had epic chemistry once upon a time...

P.S. If getting Bethenney back means giving her power, I say NO. I enjoy her clueless narcissism in the same way I enjoy Ramona's outrageous social awkwardness, but that ain't enough for me to see her running this franchise. Beth can't run her own ships properly. Bravo would be foolish to allow her to steer the show based on her ego, alliances, and petty whims. It would transform the show into Bethenney's Latest Business Venture! Yeah. No thanks.

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, eXiled said:

Dorinda is what finally drove me away from the show. When three eps in a row opened with a Dorinda diatribe last season, I was out. It was so unpleasant. I'm not a huge Tinsley fan or anything, but Dor was really abusive in the few eps I watched that season. If she hasn't had detox/rehab since that time, she doesn't need to be back.

Yeah and honestly I think anger management too.  

6 minutes ago, eXiled said:

P.S. If getting Bethenney back means giving her power, I say NO.

I think I would like Bethenny back (THINK) but yes, I would not want her to have any more power than she already did when she was on, which was already too much.

• Love 7

Here's the problem with these women. Everyone says they can come back or stay if they have a storyline.  But none of them have a storyline. Unlike the early days of this franchise when all of the housewives were married and had children at home and jobs and real charities that they supported these women have none of that. No husbands, no boyfriends, no careers, and with the exception of Leah no children at home. Sonja has nothing going on, I have no idea what Eboni does now. Luann I guess trolls bars for men and Leah is converting to Judaism, or so she says. Ramona selling real estate might be interesting but I don't think she is willing to work and hustle like she would need to do. So they have resorted to going out week after week gtting drunk and acting like fools. Sorry this is not entertaining to me in the least. 

• Love 13

And it’s not just the NYC franchise that has lost my interest….it’s all of them.  In addition to the loss of some cast members……As a long time fan, I just think I may have outgrown the show.  

• Love 13
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

And it’s not just the NYC franchise that has lost my interest….it’s all of them.  In addition to the loss of some cast members……As a long time fan, I just think I may have outgrown the show.  

They have done it all.  They need new boyfriends, new scenery.  Ok, no to Dorinda, Bethenny too.  We need a trip somewhere, but Covid is a problem.  We need a wedding again and different houses besides Ramona’s.  We NEED Ebony and Leah to go.  Just my opinion.  Leah especially.  Sonja needs councelling and a blue collar boyfriend.  No millionaire wants her and her pantyless cooch.  These rich men could and do get women in their twenties or thirties.  Why would they want them?

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 12
20 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

They have done it all.  They need new boyfriends, new scenery.  Ok, no to Dorinda, Bethenny too.  We need a trip somewhere, but Covid is a problem.  We need a wedding again and different houses besides Ramona’s.  We NEED Ebony and Leah to go.  Just my opinion.  Leah especially.  Sonja needs councelling and a blue collar boyfriend.  No millionaire wants her and her pantyless cooch.  These rich men could and do get women in their twenties or thirties.  Why would they want them?

You speaketh the truth!!!!

• Love 4
On 8/25/2021 at 10:47 AM, Boo Boo said:

Agreed.

She's sweet, but I never really understood some of her worship.  The whole IT girl thing was decades ago and all I saw was someone who couldn't let go of the past.  And I never understood why people found her so attractive -- she is a skinny blonde but her nose is nearly non-existent now and the getups were forever 21.  

Phew, glad I got that off my chest lol.

I have nothing against her, but she’s a grown woman and acts like a child.  She needs her hair and makeup done all the time and dresses in those babyish dresses, lives in a hotel and can’t even make a sandwich, so orders room service.  What is her purpose?  To get dressed up all the time?  Scott probably wants an old fashioned woman.  She needs a millionaire.  NO to Dale.  She’s the one who broke Tinsley in to be non sufficient.

• Love 6
On 8/25/2021 at 10:47 AM, Boo Boo said:

It seems kind of cringey to me that three of her last six Instagram posts have been her "it girl" past. She doesn't need to re-tell the story; we already know. I don't have an overwhelming dislike for her either, like you I just never got the worship and High Society on YouTube really changed my opinion. She should have listened to Dale and gotten back together with Topper. Leaving him was the biggest mistake she ever made. They really did love each other, except (at the time) she loved fame and becoming/being a socialite more.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, kristen111 said:
23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

They have done it all.  They need new boyfriends, new scenery.  Ok, no to Dorinda

The show is “The Real Housewives of New York”. It would be novel for them to actually cast a new member is is currently a wife.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 8/26/2021 at 8:27 PM, 65mickey said:

Here's the problem with these women. Everyone says they can come back or stay if they have a storyline.  But none of them have a storyline. Unlike the early days of this franchise when all of the housewives were married and had children at home and jobs and real charities that they supported these women have none of that. No husbands, no boyfriends, no careers, and with the exception of Leah no children at home. Sonja has nothing going on, I have no idea what Eboni does now. Luann I guess trolls bars for men and Leah is converting to Judaism, or so she says. Ramona selling real estate might be interesting but I don't think she is willing to work and hustle like she would need to do. So they have resorted to going out week after week gtting drunk and acting like fools. Sorry this is not entertaining to me in the least. 

I agree, esp. Sonja.  That's why I think the evil stepfather was trotted out.  Girl never mentioned one thing about a stepfather problem in all her years on RHONY.  I'm not interested in watching Sonja troll for men either.  Her salad days are long over.   

I def don't buy her problems-with-alcohol storyline either as we've seen this before and then the next season she's all better.  I mean, maybe she does have an issue, but I think the yelling routine she's had for this season is an act.

I think most of the cast is aging out for the crazy antics.  I'm 54, so I'm not age shaming, but I don't really want to watch women older than me act like they are 25.  I mean, yes, drink have a good time, but I don't really want to watch sloppy women hitting on men that are 20 years younger.  

I'd rather see the kids of the RHONY long timers be featured on the show and then the mom's in the "friend of" role.  I'd love to see Avery and Lu's kids mixing together and watch their budding careers take off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 8/26/2021 at 9:57 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah and honestly I think anger management too.  

I think I would like Bethenny back (THINK) but yes, I would not want her to have any more power than she already did when she was on, which was already too much.

Maybe she wants all that power to make sure Carol doesn’t come back.  Maybe they could just promise that to her if they want her back.  I really don’t but like someone said up thread it would be interesting to see her while Eboni lectures everyone....For those that will still watch if Eboni is still on.  

no carol ever again,  please!  Speaking of egos, damn!  Hers was MASSIVE.

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Love 6

I mentioned above that I think the women are aging out b/c I don't want to see women getting sloppy drunk hitting on 25 year olds.

And it made this think:  part of my problem with the women of RHONY is we are watching 50-60+ women still trying to pretend they are 30 and under.

I would love to watch a reality show of 50+ somethings navigating in a youth-obsessed world.  I'd rather see them go on out on terrible dates with age appropriate men. 

With the right cast, it could be a real but humorous look at people our age dealing with real shit.  

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I would love to watch a reality show of 50+ somethings navigating in a youth-obsessed world.  I'd rather see them go on out on terrible dates with age appropriate men. 

With the right cast, it could be a real but humorous look at people our age dealing with real shit.  

With respect, I disagree.

Admittedly I stopped watching any and all (scripted) reality shows, including the various HW series years ago but, were I to watch, I'd rather see women of any age not going on any terrible dates. I'm not amused by desperate appearing women incomplete without either having a man or being arm candy. I find that premise to be both insulting and misogynistic. I don't see drunken catfights as either okay or entertaining but offensive and simply sad.

Perhaps I'm in the minority but I see my gray hairs and no longer 20 year old skin as being well earned through a long and full life. Botoxed, frozen faces, don't make a person look young but embalmed...and I speak--write--as the granddaughter of a funeral director and have seen too many embalmed faces.

I understand the realities of the financial side of the entertainment industry--worked in it for decades--but would it kill TPTB to have some reality in their reality shows?

The early years when the women weren't nearly as plastic, scripted, desperate and were dealing with relatively actual problems regarding careers, children, troubled marriages and relationships had enough of an air of some truth that they were an sort of interesting distraction. Fighting tooth and nail to come up with storylines to keep the cash cow alive is, well, not.

I'm not knocking anyone who enjoys watching, honestly I'm not. I get vapid entertainment, like why not? But I just can't. I'm insulted by these shows and think it's time to stick a fork in them rather than scrambling to flog them a couple more years.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Beden said:

With respect, I disagree.

Admittedly I stopped watching any and all (scripted) reality shows, including the various HW series years ago but, were I to watch, I'd rather see women of any age not going on any terrible dates. I'm not amused by desperate appearing women incomplete without either having a man or being arm candy. I find that premise to be both insulting and misogynistic. I don't see drunken catfights as either okay or entertaining but offensive and simply sad.

Perhaps I'm in the minority but I see my gray hairs and no longer 20 year old skin as being well earned through a long and full life. Botoxed, frozen faces, don't make a person look young but embalmed...and I speak--write--as the granddaughter of a funeral director and have seen too many embalmed faces.

I understand the realities of the financial side of the entertainment industry--worked in it for decades--but would it kill TPTB to have some reality in their reality shows?

The early years when the women weren't nearly as plastic, scripted, desperate and were dealing with relatively actual problems regarding careers, children, troubled marriages and relationships had enough of an air of some truth that they were an sort of interesting distraction. Fighting tooth and nail to come up with storylines to keep the cash cow alive is, well, not.

I'm not knocking anyone who enjoys watching, honestly I'm not. I get vapid entertainment, like why not? But I just can't. I'm insulted by these shows and think it's time to stick a fork in them rather than scrambling to flog them a couple more years.

Going on age appropriate dates in mid life and having them be terrible does not equal being desperate.  Desperate to me is watching these 50+ cast troll for younger men because they think if they get a reaction it makes them feel young.   Or they are trying to appear to be as desirable as ever.  

I'd like to see 50 somethings embrace their ages instead of trying to act like they are still in their 20s.    I'd like to see some reality in my reality show whose cast is aging.

Sure, I'd be fine with a 50 something + being independent and not trying to latch onto someone.  But a lot of single mid lifers still want to find love, and that's certainly entertaining to watch.

• Like 1
  • Love 9