Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, kristen111 said:

That’s too bad.  I’m reading Ramona’s book.  She had a horrible childhood.  After she married Mario, they were a very happy family and Ramona and Mario took care of their parents very well, with compassion.  Mario was a good husband, Son and Father.  It’s a shame he turned to other women.  It really looks like Ramona tried her best.  Too bad.  She’s a fighter for sure.

There's a lot to dislike about Ramona, but also much to admire.

Can't recall where but it wasn't long ago...I think WWHL or something where Andy mentioned that all the RHONY women are supportive and compassionate.

I believe that.  I especially like how Ramona and Luanne have stood by Leah and at least Ramona with Eboni.  They know they are literally the OG's and they seem to want the younger ones to succeed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 10/12/2021 at 8:41 AM, kristen111 said:

That’s too bad.  I’m reading Ramona’s book.  She had a horrible childhood.  After she married Mario, they were a very happy family and Ramona and Mario took care of their parents very well, with compassion.  Mario was a good husband, Son and Father.  It’s a shame he turned to other women.  It really looks like Ramona tried her best.  Too bad.  She’s a fighter for sure.

Written from her perspective.  Has Mario written his side?  lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Maybe there should be a season of the HWs that worked/working their way through the legal system Teresa Guidice and Marlo Hampton (OGs), LuAnn and Tinsley and Gina (short timers), Erika Jayne and Jen Shah (on the run), Dorit (investigation).  Put them all in the same house and see who makes it to the end like Big Brother.

Bravo PM me for payment arrangements.  😉    

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

Wow oh wow, this was at the “Not All Diamonds and Rosé” book party.  I get Ramona and Lu - since Eboni had blamed the OGs for the bad ratings.  So, why be fake.

But Leah and Eboni are supposed to be friends.  Both had pushed the race, politics storylines and are responsible for the bad season.

Leah is coming off as snake to hold on to her apple. 

EXCLUSIVE ‘RHONY’ stars ‘had a pact’ to leave party when Eboni K. Williams arrived

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, escape said:

Wow oh wow, this was at the “Not All Diamonds and Rosé” book party.  I get Ramona and Lu - since Eboni had blamed the OGs for the bad ratings.  So, why be fake.

But Leah and Eboni are supposed to be friends.  Both had pushed the race, politics storylines and are responsible for the bad season.

Leah is coming off as snake to hold on to her apple. 

EXCLUSIVE ‘RHONY’ stars ‘had a pact’ to leave party when Eboni K. Williams arrived

Leah was the worst. Ebony was a major buzzkill, but Leah is just trash. They both need to go but if I could only choose one it would be Leah. Then the others could just overtalk Eboni until she gives up and loosens up. Hopefully Eboni is watching ROBH and taking some lessons from fan favorite Garcelle who has been able to discuss issues without coming off as a pompous blowhard 

• Love 18
On 10/22/2021 at 1:08 PM, chlban said:

Leah was the worst. Ebony was a major buzzkill, but Leah is just trash. They both need to go but if I could only choose one it would be Leah. Then the others could just overtalk Eboni until she gives up and loosens up. Hopefully Eboni is watching ROBH and taking some lessons from fan favorite Garcelle who has been able to discuss issues without coming off as a pompous blowhard 

I agree. I think she might be fun without Leah. Leah belongs on a different show. 

• Love 12

After third-party investigators sat down with the cast and production crew, according to TMZ, 'Ramona was cleared because nothing was found to corroborate Eboni's claims'

Eboni needs to go.  What a trouble maker.  She has become a liability.  Who wants to work with her. This is why Leah turned against her. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10145425/RHONY-reunion-cancelled-Eboni-K-Williams-filed-formal-complaint-against-Ramona-Singer.html#newcomment

• Love 6

More calls for Ramona to go. According to this there were 2 complaints, one from a crew member, one from Eboni. The crew member's was confirmed, Eboni's was not. I could see her jumping on the bandwagon and lying. Agreeing with crazy RFK Jr  (whose father was, and is, a hero of mine, so it pains me to say that)after everything else she's been accused of, dies indicate Ramona will never change. I would be OK with Ramona gone, but they better get rid of Eboni and Leah as well. I hope they keep the Countess, but wouldn't bet on it. Here is one legit question I have regarding a line in this article towards the end. How is Atlanta considered Diverse? Or Potomac for that matter? BH is, at this point, the most diverse cast IMO.https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/bravo-s-real-housewives-new-york-reunion-chaos-means-it-ncna1283803

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

The problem with RHONY is that they tried to make it something it's not. They brought Leah in to try to make it more "young and hip" but turns out she's just loud and trashy. They brought Eboni in to make it more diverse, which there's absolutely nothing wrong with, except that Eboni just wasn't the right woman for a Housewives show. No one wants to be lectured and viewers do not (or at least should not) take the Housewives shows or the women seriously. 

Love her or hate her, Ramona is to RHONY what - for example - Teresa is to RHONJ. The thing about RHONY is is that once upon a time the cast was full of women who were all actually friends with one or some of each other before/outside of the show and they traveled in the same social circles. That comfort level and familiarity made the interactions more authentic. The women being older having been married and divorced and gone through the paces of life is what I think cut a lot of the bullshit from them, aside from being ladies from New York (which are vastly different than the fake mentality of, say, RHOBH). RHONY never let a disagreement, outburst, feud get in the way of the fun. And they used to have a lot of fun. 

I think it's great that RHONY is taking an extended break to try and right the ship. IMO, they should either try to bring back all the heavy hitters from the past or start with a brand new cast entirely. The recipe doesn't work when you have some but not all of it's major parts. Might as well make a new meal if you don't have all the best ingredients. 

YMMV

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

For anyone interested, tomorrow on the Kelly Clarkson show, Luann, Ramona, Cynthia Bailey, Teresa Giudice, and Kenya Moore are all schedule to appear to promote their new HW show.

Do you know if that is the same show & episode that Candiass (RHoP) will be on to promote her album? Or is that a different day?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, funnygirl said:

The problem with RHONY is that they tried to make it something it's not. They brought Leah in to try to make it more "young and hip" but turns out she's just loud and trashy. They brought Eboni in to make it more diverse, which there's absolutely nothing wrong with, except that Eboni just wasn't the right woman for a Housewives show. No one wants to be lectured and viewers do not (or at least should not) take the Housewives shows or the women seriously. 

Love her or hate her, Ramona is to RHONY what - for example - Teresa is to RHONJ. The thing about RHONY is is that once upon a time the cast was full of women who were all actually friends with one or some of each other before/outside of the show and they traveled in the same social circles. That comfort level and familiarity made the interactions more authentic. The women being older having been married and divorced and gone through the paces of life is what I think cut a lot of the bullshit from them, aside from being ladies from New York (which are vastly different than the fake mentality of, say, RHOBH). RHONY never let a disagreement, outburst, feud get in the way of the fun. And they used to have a lot of fun. 

I think it's great that RHONY is taking an extended break to try and right the ship. IMO, they should either try to bring back all the heavy hitters from the past or start with a brand new cast entirely. The recipe doesn't work when you have some but not all of it's major parts. Might as well make a new meal if you don't have all the best ingredients. 

YMMV

Leah ruined the show for me. I didn’t want the seriousness of race/social issues ruining my reality trash TV viewing during a pandemic. The show was such a buzzkill. 

I don’t think that these shows do as well when they get rid of the OGs. I lost interest in RHOC after Vicki and Tamra left. I didn’t want them to go even though I got tired of seeing the same from them. 

• Love 10
On 11/14/2021 at 4:53 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

For anyone interested, tomorrow on the Kelly Clarkson show, Luann, Ramona, Cynthia Bailey, Teresa Giudice, and Kenya Moore are all schedule to appear to promote their new HW show.

That shows Bravo's Ultimate Girl's Trip is already streaming on Peacock. I watched 3 episodes off and on  today. I enjoyed the interaction between the women from the different shows.  It was much more entertaining that the regular housewives shows where all they do is get drunk and scream at each other. Happy that Sonja was not part of this.   Ramona looks terrible. She has this strange bloated stomach that doesn't match the rest of her body and  Cynthia while she is a beautiful woman has really packed on the weight. I kept getting interrupted while I was trying to watch so I'm going to rewatch it tomorrow. 

On 11/15/2021 at 3:09 PM, pasdetrois said:

The Poproast guys report that RHoNY will be postponed until 2023.

Oh no! Ramona will be on Medicare by then. That will be a first for the housewives

Edited by 65mickey
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

Eh, I won't defend Ramona's behavior, but there's no shortage of assholes out there post covid lockdown. It's everywhere. Nobody follows rules anymore. Besides, the guy who supposedly ratted her out is a gossip columnist. Writing up stories like that is his job. I'm sick of entitled people too but I've just come to expect it. Also the two cups on the stage have straws and Ramona's allegedly didn't (so there *were other cups on the stage?) and the usher is clearly looking down the row at other people who also needed to pull up their masks, so I feel like he was singling her out because he knew who she was. 

ETA: The moral of the story is Ramona is an asshole, but she's not the only asshole out there, and she wasn't the only asshole at the play that night. They're everywhere. A general sense of entitlement that many people have coming out of the last 22 months is one of the many negative side effects of the pandemic and I'm so over it. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 8
On 11/18/2021 at 10:38 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

How’d Ramona injure her wrist?

17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Twitching hard and flirting badly.

I was thinking it was from patting herself on the back....

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

You can bet on Leah coming back; they’ve hyped her too much on Bravo and she represents a younger, hipper audience. I think Luann and Sonja are safe too; I think Ramona is the main wildcard here. They know she makes for wacky TV but they also know how problematic she is, so I’d bet money Bravo is using this time to let her bad buzz settle down a bit. I’d be shocked if Eboni comes back, but I think she’d be much better on her own, without Leah attached to her hip. 
I’m sure they’re sniffing around for quality newbies as we type. And like most folks, I would LOVE to see Dorinda back.

Bethenny can just stay gone, for all I care. Her ego is way too huge for this show to work organically as an ensemble cast effort.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

You can bet on Leah coming back; they’ve hyped her too much on Bravo and she represents a younger, hipper audience. I think Luann and Sonja are safe too; I think Ramona is the main wildcard here. They know she makes for wacky TV but they also know how problematic she is, so I’d bet money Bravo is using this time to let her bad buzz settle down a bit. I’d be shocked if Eboni comes back, but I think she’d be much better on her own, without Leah attached to her hip. 
I’m sure they’re sniffing around for quality newbies as we type. And like most folks, I would LOVE to see Dorinda back.

Bethenny can just stay gone, for all I care. Her ego is way too huge for this show to work organically as an ensemble cast effort.

You're probably right. Leah just acts like SUCH an asshole though and I think Eboni would have been more relaxed without Leah as her inroads to the group. I agree about Ramona being the wildcard. Her schtick was pretty funny in the 20 tens and teens but now that she's aged and times have changed, her madcap antics aren't really funny anymore.

I wonder how Sonja would behave without Ramona as her sidekick. I always thought there was an underlying current of envy between Sonja and Ramona, because they're competing in the same pool, and Ramona has lots of money and property where Sonja barely has a pot to tinkle in. I don't necessarily think Sonja is jealous of Ramona, but I do think she envies her. Besides Sonja would never turn down a free place to stay, free food and free domestic service, so it wouldn't serve her to let her envy get in the way of their friendship.

I think Luann looks down on everyone, especially Sonja, so in the absence of the likes of Ramona and Dorinda, that could get really interesting really fast. 

There just isn't anything authentic about Bethenny anymore. Dorinda, I'm on the fence. I kind of think she's just moved on to other things. Tinsley isn't interesting. We had four seasons of the same recycled storyline. I mean I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it came out that she was seeing Scott/Bruce on the sly again. A couple of love bombs is all it takes. 

• Love 11

Just caught a preview of a new Survivor-like show on CBS called Beyond the Edge. Nine celebrities in the jungles of Panama. One of the celebs, Eboni K. Williams. Should be interesting...

Wondering if CBS cast both this new show & Celebrity Big Brother out of a communal list of C/D list celebs. Teddi (RHOBH) & Cynthia (RHOA) are on Celebrity Big Brother.

I know I'd rather hang out in a house on a soundstage in California than be dirty & starving in a jungle. I wonder if she'll be the first voted out like Teddi was?

Edited by snarts
Thoughts
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, snarts said:

Just caught a preview of a new Survivor-like show on CBS called Beyond the Edge. Nine celebrities in the jungles of Panama. One of the celebs, Eboni K. Williams. Should be interesting...

I might watch it for that alone.

Will the critters kill her before her fellow contestants put a “pillow” over her head while she is sleeping?

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 1/12/2022 at 4:26 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

If the reunion was nixed for RHONY then why did they have Lu and Leah on Project Runway in the competition for reunion dresses?

Good question.

I suspect that it overlapped. Meaning, the taping of PR and that episode was somewhere mid-summer - around the time that the usual taping of RHNY reunion would have been. The decision to pull the plug on the NY reunion dragged on a bit, and wasn't official til sometime at end of summer. 

So they went ahead business as usual for the PR Housewives episode.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

https://screenrant.com/ramona-singer-luann-de-lesseps-returning-season-14/

Rumor has it only Ramona and Luann will be returning.  I'm okay with that.  They both have rampant egos but at least each actually lives close to the lifestyle they show on camera. They both entertain in the love to hate way that I appreciate in shows like this.  

As far as I am concerned, if Leah is indeed out of the franchise it is righting the casting wrong made when she was initially hired.  Eboni, in my eyes more tolerable in many ways than Leah, also did not seem to be a good fit in the long run.  Sonja has never been one of my favorites and seems to have been on a downward trajectory for several seasons now so I would not miss her either.  

This was one of the most popular franchises for years.  Why try to change it?  

• Love 15
On 2/22/2022 at 6:36 PM, ichbin said:

https://screenrant.com/ramona-singer-luann-de-lesseps-returning-season-14/

Rumor has it only Ramona and Luann will be returning.  I'm okay with that.  They both have rampant egos but at least each actually lives close to the lifestyle they show on camera. They both entertain in the love to hate way that I appreciate in shows like this.  

As far as I am concerned, if Leah is indeed out of the franchise it is righting the casting wrong made when she was initially hired.  Eboni, in my eyes more tolerable in many ways than Leah, also did not seem to be a good fit in the long run.  Sonja has never been one of my favorites and seems to have been on a downward trajectory for several seasons now so I would not miss her either.  

This was one of the most popular franchises for years.  Why try to change it?  

Thanks Ichbin!

Good pic:

A33A4D72-2D7E-46C6-9DDB-02E46C996291.jpeg

Just now, JonnieUniteUs said:

Thanks Ichbin!

Good pic:

A33A4D72-2D7E-46C6-9DDB-02E46C996291.jpeg

I didn’t mind Sonja but the other two were show killers for me at least😐

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/rhony-ramona-singer-luann-de-lesseps-tinsley-mortimer-return-season-14-insider-predicts.html/

In addition to Ramona and Lu returning, Tinsley seems like a real possibility.  It says she is a better fit with the OGs and does have the society, wealthy lifestyle. 

I am fine with that, as long as NO Leah and Eboni, who made the show unwatchable.

It also nixes rumors that Jill Zarin and Kelly Bensimon will be returning.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, twilightzone said:

I am fine with that, as long as NO Leah and Eboni, who made the show unwatchable.

I'd be fine with Tinsley too, the added bonus being that Dale would probably be making appearances as well.  Unlike Leah and Eboni they fit the formula that made the show a hit for years. 

It would be doing Sonja a favor to not bring her back.  In recent seasons it seemed like instead of going forward she was clinging too hard to her glory days of being Mrs. Morgan. Kind of pathetic.  I'm not watching these shows to feel sorry for people.

Jill is fine, except that she can't rein in what I see as a tendency to dominate and orchestrate.  It becomes too much.  What she does is different than what we get from Ramona and Luanne who have big egos but come across more self-involved.  

I don't think Kelly added much when she was on the show because she never came across as a team player.  She always seemed to be marching to the beat of a different drummer than the rest.  

I hope these latest rumors are on track with reality.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, twilightzone said:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/rhony-ramona-singer-luann-de-lesseps-tinsley-mortimer-return-season-14-insider-predicts.html/

In addition to Ramona and Lu returning, Tinsley seems like a real possibility.  It says she is a better fit with the OGs and does have the society, wealthy lifestyle. 

Just recalling that right before Tinsley left, Ramona and Luanne took her for drinks or something.  I'm sure she and Leah did something off camera because they do seem like good friends.

I wonder if Sonja did anything for her. I'm not sure what was going on with her and Tinsely in general. Despite their history, Sonja was never very nice to her. I felt she always expected Tinsley to kowtow to her.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 11

This is so radical!  LOL!  What is happening!

Oh no.  I was excited, then I read this part:

As for where the two shows will air, Cohen said that the “RHONY” reboot is “being developed and produced for Bravo,” but he thinks it’s a “question mark where the throwback will air” since Peacock is an option.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This is so radical!  LOL!  What is happening!

Oh no.  I was excited, then I read this part:

This is very bad news for me then. I won’t watch the reboot and I don’t have, and will not get, Peacock. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/real-housewives-of-new-york-city-reboot-new-cast-rhony-throwback-1235211905/?fbclid=IwAR0KXPNTO5jCaMvYWbidJ2PB8H1rGGJF3ZEosr3_UkiIxB4djXS44o4eDCQ

This actually sounds like a decent idea and a way of appeasing a variety of views.  Ultimately letting the ratings decide.

Problem is, a show will never appease all viewers. 

I'm annoyed that the OG's RHONY will most likely air on Peacock. That's the one I actually want to watch. The reboot... we'll see. If it's a cast of a bunch of Leah-types, then definitely not. 

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

This is very bad news for me then. I won’t watch the reboot and I don’t have, and will not get, Peacock. 

They'd eventually put it on the regular channel, I think.  They did that with the first iteration of Ultimate Girls Trip and I saw a commercial yesterday that RHOM is going to be on regular Bravo starting in a few weeks.  I also refuse to do the streaming stuff when I have a perfectly serviceable cable channel right on my tv!

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

Just remembered that on WWHL last night Andy asked Lu what old timey cast members she would line to see back (no mention of this show concept, seemingly hypothetical). She mentioned Kelly and Aviva. I'd be down for some leg throwing. 😁

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Just remembered that on WWHL last night Andy asked Lu what old timey cast members she would line to see back (no mention of this show concept, seemingly hypothetical). She mentioned Kelly and Aviva. I'd be down for some leg throwing. 😁

AVIVA?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Sorry.... not me...

• Love 11

I will probably watch both initially. I want to give both options a chance and we'll see how they turn out. They might both be unwatchable, they could both be fun or I could prefer one over the other.

I'm curious which will have the better ratings. If they aren’t both on Bravo then obviously it's a little unfair to compare because not everyone is going to be willing to get Peacock. I have Peacock because their coverage of figure skating is awesome but I totally understand why the average person wouldn't want to subscribe to yet another streaming service especially not for a RH show that might not even be good. 

• Love 3