Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

Crystal Minkoff of the Beverly Hills HWs said on E! News that the rudest Bravolebrities at BravoCon were the New York HWs, the OGs, and the new ones!

Screenshot_20231114_080350_Instagram.thumb.jpg.016d712455ffac39bc46acaee9d115b6.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

And Dale breathes a sigh of relief.

And remember people, that was PALM BEACH not West Palm Beach, there is a difference.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
one more thought
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9

https://www.thecut.com/2023/11/bethenny-frankel-on-leading-the-real-housewives-reckoning.html

I scrolled through the Cut. Try this URL. Damn! The asides! She doesn’t specify who, exactly — besides Bethenny Frankel herself, of course — is calling her Erin Brockovich… They don’t call it the Bethenny Clause at Bravo. … She also says she regrets not buying stock in the app, though she does not mention the fact that she tried to sue it last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
On 12/1/2023 at 9:05 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Wow. I would guess Frankel asked for the interview, but the article is not flattering.

I was too bored to finish it (I read most), and I agree it is not too flattering. But she managed to be on the limelight again because of her attack on Bravo, and reality shows, that’s why she was interviewed by New York Magazine, and CNN. Mission accomplished.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Those snippets are scathing.  The author seems to really dislike Bethany.  Now Beth will go after them.  I am sure they are shaking in their boots. 😁

I love this author. She’s more subtle. I love that she dislikes Frankel for the exact same reasons we all do. 

• Like 3
(edited)

Abe and Erin Lichy are sued by their landlord for unpaid rent. It's for $43,950 plus interest, in addition to $12,900 to cover the landlord's legal fees in the case.

Erin and Abraham's landlord claims their lease called for them to pay a monthly rent of $13,500, due on the first of each month for the period in question, but they often paid late, didn't pay late fees, bounced checks and sometimes didn't pay rent at all. The landlord says Erin and Abraham have rented their two-story apartment (loft) since July 2019 but claims the couple failed to pay the agreed rent and other charges between October 2021 and July 2023 racking up a substantial balance.

https://www.tmz.com/2024/01/02/rhony-star-erin-lichy-husband-sued-unpaid-rent/

Edited by ZettaK
  • Mind Blown 5
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

Abe and Erin Lichy are sued for unpaid rent by their landlord. It's for $43,950 plus interest, in addition to $12,900 to cover the landlord's legal fees in the case.

Erin and Abraham's landlord claims their lease called for them to pay a monthly rent of $13,500, due on the first of each month for the period in question, but they often paid late, didn't pay late fees, bounced checks and sometimes didn't pay rent at all. The landlord says Erin and Abraham have rented their two-story apartment (loft) since July 2019 but claims the couple failed to pay the agreed rent and other charges between October 2021 and July 2023 racking up a substantial balance.

I figured something was up when he gave her that fake diamond ring for her anniversary and had all those vendors/sponsorship at the renewal.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I figured something was up when he gave her that fake diamond ring for her anniversary and had all those vendors/sponsorship at the renewal.

I wonder why though because he is an attorney with a respected firm (but I guess he is not that well-off), and she is a realtor with Douglas Elliman, and has her own renovation, and design firm. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Abe and Erin Lichy are sued by their landlord for unpaid rent. It's for $43,950 plus interest, in addition to $12,900 to cover the landlord's legal fees in the case.

And the Super Sleuth Oscar goes to. . . ZettaK!!

Wow. Just wow. Does Bravo have NO vetting department? I should be on the show. My first apartment in Manhattan was a 200-square-foot studio on west 17th street in 1986. Rent was $687.00. I paid it. Because I thought, “When my rent is due, I pay it. Doesn’t everybody pay rent when it’s due?”

• Like 8
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Wow. Just wow. Does Bravo have NO vetting department?

I am beginning to that Bravo actually wants cast members to be in some financial arrears, nefarious activities, posers because for the most part (Jenna Lyon's aside, lol) that is what we have had a lot of on all the RH's shows.

Like if there are boxes to check off on the application:

______Do you have anything financially to hide?

______Are you living above your means?

______Is your job easy to explain?

______Is your Hermes bag/jewelry/accent fake?

______Have you slept with Harry Dubin or John Jansen (I had to throw that one in because, you know).

______Do you own or rent, what do you tell your friends?

______Are you a fan or a host?

2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

My first apartment in Manhattan was a 200-square-foot studio on west 17th street in 1986. Rent was $687.00. I paid it

What! No roommate?

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Bravo doesn't even check those people's social media. Especially these days, because when the HW franchise started there was no IG, and Twitter, and Facebook were in their infancy (Twitter was founded in 2006, and Facebook in 2004), but almost nobody had them anyway. Jenny from the RH of SLC was fired for relatively recent racist comments on FB, and two guys from Vanderpump Rules for the same reason, but after the media found those posts, not Bravo. 

11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

______Have you slept with Harry Dubin or John Jansen (I had to throw that one in because, you know).

This is probably a requirement for Bravo!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

https://deadline.com/2024/02/andy-cohen-cocaine-leah-mcsweeney-lawsuit-1235840284/

It seems all responsible for inserting Leah into what had been a successful and popular franchise are now getting their just deserts. Plenty of viewers recognized her as a bad casting choice from the very start, but production, et al. doubled down by bringing her back for a second season and even inserting her into Ultimate Girls Trip where she again was not a successful fit.  

Let's guess if Leah would have had any issue to complain about had she continued to receive the positive attention from Andy and production that she appeared to get in her first season. 

I can't help but think someone in the powers that be simply had a personal dislike for the original cast of RHoNY and slipped in Leah (and subsequently Eboni as well) hoping they would contribute to tanking the existing franchise and cast so that they could have an excuse to cancel and reboot.  Fans be damned.  Personally I suspect that ageism against the cast and desired viewer demographics played a major role.  

Hope they enjoy reaping what they have sown.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
On 2/28/2024 at 5:32 PM, ichbin said:

https://deadline.com/2024/02/andy-cohen-cocaine-leah-mcsweeney-lawsuit-1235840284/

It seems all responsible for inserting Leah into what had been a successful and popular franchise are now getting their just deserts. Plenty of viewers recognized her as a bad casting choice from the very start, but production, et al. doubled down by bringing her back for a second season and even inserting her into Ultimate Girls Trip where she again was not a successful fit.  

Let's guess if Leah would have had any issue to complain about had she continued to receive the positive attention from Andy and production that she appeared to get in her first season. 

I can't help but think someone in the powers that be simply had a personal dislike for the original cast of RHoNY and slipped in Leah (and subsequently Eboni as well) hoping they would contribute to tanking the existing franchise and cast so that they could have an excuse to cancel and reboot.  Fans be damned.  Personally I suspect that ageism against the cast and desired viewer demographics played a major role.  

Hope they enjoy reaping what they have sown.

I don't feel sorry for BRAVO at all.  They created the mess by casting Leah and Eboni who made the show unwatchable.  They should have just fired them - instead of a Reboot. The ratings for the Reboot ended up being worse than the last season of the OG RHONY.  Has anyone noticed there has been no news whatsoever on a new season?  It's not a good sign.  OC and SLC are already into filming.  ATL is making cast changes.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, twilightzone said:

I don't feel sorry for BRAVO at all.  They created the mess by casting Leah and Eboni who made the show unwatchable.  They should have just fired them - instead of a Reboot. The ratings for the Reboot ended up being worse than the last season of the OG RHONY.  Has anyone noticed there has been no news whatsoever on a new season?  It's not a good sign.  OC and SLC are already into filming.  ATL is making cast changes.

The ratings of the reboot were about half of the last OG season. Bravo and Andy Cohen promoted the new cast on BravoCon, and Andy Cohen had Erin, and other cast members (really everybody) on his Bravo show after that, but no new season is filming (the previous one started filming in the fall).

• Useful 2
(edited)

I can't say that I am surprised by any of this. Had Leah no knowledge of what goes on when she signed up for RHNY with all of the drinking and partying? I couldn't stand her from the start and imo she ruined the show. With her behavior I'm shocked that she would feel forced into anything. All I remember is her running naked with a torch and trashing the property. She's so angel so maybe she was treated accordingly!???

That's not to say Bravo is guilt less in this mess. Doesn't Andy openly talk about drug use?

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 4
On 3/2/2024 at 5:30 PM, MsMalin said:

I can't say that I am surprised by any of this. Had Leah no knowledge of what goes on when she signed up for RHNY with all of the drinking and partying? I couldn't stand her from the start and imo she ruined the show. With her behavior I'm shocked that she would feel forced into anything. All I remember is her running naked with a torch and trashing the property. She's so angel so maybe she was treated accordingly!???

That's not to say Bravo is guilt less in this mess. Doesn't Andy openly talk about drug use?

Yes.  I believe the coke allegations.  The rumors of coke use was pretty common with NY.  I have some inkling who she was referring to.

On 3/5/2024 at 1:03 PM, Natalie68 said:

Yes.  I believe the coke allegations.  The rumors of coke use was pretty common with NY.  I have some inkling who she was referring to.

Names?

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Names?

If I had to guess?  Lu and Dorinda.  There were rumors about both.  Especially during the time Dorinda was seeing the dry cleaner whose name I cannot remember.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

If I had to guess?  Lu and Dorinda.  There were rumors about both.  Especially during the time Dorinda was seeing the dry cleaner whose name I cannot remember.

His name was John and I remember the rumors from then too. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Oh, I did not know about Lu!

• Like 2

I can see Luann dabbling but wasn't she on probation for the Leah seasons? Her probation included drug/alcohol testing. I remember because at some point she failed an alcohol test & they extended it.

Now Dorinda screams frequent cocaine user to me. Everything from her fluctuating weight to her manic moods & overall demeanor. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 3/1/2024 at 12:34 AM, ZettaK said:

no new season is filming (the previous one started filming in the fall).

That's correct. New York almost always starts filming for a new season in the fall. The last season filmed in the fall of 2022 and premiered in July of 2023. If filming hasn't started by now I wonder what this bodes for RhoNY. Andy with all of his bragging that the reboot was a smash hit could not convince people to watch. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
On 3/13/2024 at 2:25 PM, 65mickey said:

That's correct. New York almost always starts filming for a new season in the fall. The last season filmed in the fall of 2022 and premiered in July of 2023. If filming hasn't started by now I wonder what this bodes for RhoNY. Andy with all of his bragging that the reboot was a smash hit could not convince people to watch. 

It's already spring, and there is no information about a new season filming yet. It can be called a smash hit if it is, and this was not. About half the viewership of the last OG season is not a smash hit.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Considering how bad the ratings were, BRAVO has confirmed that everyone will be back for Season 15.  But we know Andy and company have always been about saving face - and not admitting that they messed up.

Look at the Leah mess.  The first mistake was casting her.  She should have been fired after the 1st season.  Now she is suing them.  Then they made it worse by casting Eboni.  And instead of firing both of them, they rushed to reboot the show that nosedive the ratings.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
12 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Considering how bad the ratings were, BRAVO has confirmed that everyone will be back for Season 15.  But we know Andy and company have always been about saving face - and not admitting that they messed up.

Look at the Leah mess.  The first mistake was casting her.  She should have been fired after the 1st season.  Now she is suing them.  Then they made it worse by casting Eboni.  And instead of firing both of them, they rushed to reboot the show that nosedive the ratings.

I understand cast shake-ups, but getting rid of an entire cast of women who got great ratings for the most part never made sense. It was a crazy move. Even if there are multiple Housewives I dislike, I wouldn't say fire all those Housewives the same season. Imo they should have put OG RHONY on pause until they got a good cast together. Instead of bringing back Leah and Eboni, maybe they could talked some former Housewives into returning and/ or brought on a friend of LuAnn's or Sonja's. 

• Like 10
On 3/28/2024 at 5:22 PM, twilightzone said:

Yes, even Jenna will be back who said she had doubts before.

• Useful 2