Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Cabana

• Start Topic

Savannah, I am so sorry for your loss.  My thoughts are with you and your family and thank you for taking the time to let us know..  Your Aunt Kathy sounded like a great lady and her presence will be missed here. 

• Love 2

ryebread,  I love this idea & plan on implementing it later on this evening.   Along with the obvious song playing of course.

Count me in as well.   I love UB40's music and as I was listening to a playlist yesterday and one of their songs came on and I immediately thought of UB40Fan/Kathy and hoped we'd b hearing from her soon.  I'm so shocked and saddened. 

• Love 4

Oh Savannah, I am so very sorry. I have just read this. Thank you so much for letting us know. That was extremely kind. I expect you know she wanted you to post here because she found good friends here. God's peace for your family. 

• Love 3

Savannah, I am sorry for your loss.  You should know that your Aunt Kathy was a special member of our community, as she was someone who could share personal insights in a way that was very touching and could give us reason to pause and think. I will never forget a post that she made a couple of months ago after several of the ladies had sent their kids to college.  It was so beautifully written and full of emotion and insight that I think of that comment often when I come on this thread. I hope she realized that she was important here. 

• Love 6

Savannah and family, I'm so sorry to learn of the loss of your aunt. It's odd that we are all strangers but she impacted so many of us readers. We appreciated her wit and kindness. Knowing that, I can't begin to imagine just how much she regarded (and regaled) family and friends in person. How lucky you are to have had her in your life. She sounds like a lovely, interesting and beloved aunt. My condolences.

• Love 3

So sorry, Savannah. I'm glad Kathy found a sense of community here as so many of us have. I can only hope that I have had the kind of relationship with my nieces that you had with Kathy for you to have come here to share with us the news of her passing. I'm sure she was very proud of you. My sincere sympathy.

• Love 3

Just wanted to say I appreciate all of my fellow posters here. So many funny and insightful people share on this site. Even when I completely disagree I am always entertained. It's sounds like Kathy was having a rough time with her health and I'm so glad she was able to share and enjoy some laughs here. Don't know what my point is.....other than I'm glad I'm part of this group/ community/ whatever the hell this is. Im going to make an effort to read and post in the small talk thread.

• Love 14

Savannah, I'm so very sorry for your family's loss.  I'm just catching up.  In tears.  Please excuse me if it sounds forward but this feels like our loss too.  Deepest condolences to your Great Aunt.  My heart and prayers go out to all of you.  May she rest in peace.    

• Love 4
(edited)

Fuck the red w(h)ine - I busted out the Black Russians for ubn40fan, aka Kathy - because, blackness abounds.  Guaranteed MY niece wont be posting here to let you all know when I die - she wouldn't even know about it.  And my animals WILL starve, unless one of you emerges as the apparent heir to my queendom of shite and shinola (an almost paid for tract hovel in sunny SoCal so PM me, eh!!!)

I'm doing the whole mourning thing.  Because despite all the snark and clever witticisms and judgmental diatribes, we are all mortal human beings who feel the need to connect.  :-(

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 9

Missed last nights toast but I raise my coffee mug to Kathy. Like Walnut queen my family won't be posting because after they look at my account and see all the crappy things I've said about them over the years no one will be in the mood to chat.

• Love 11

Just wanted to pop in and say my heart goes out to all the posters rattled by UB40fan's passing. : (    I know I was shocked to come in here and read the post by her niece.

• Love 3

Missed last nights toast but I raise my coffee mug to Kathy. Like Walnut queen my family won't be posting because after they look at my account and see all the crappy things I've said about them over the years no one will be in the mood to chat.

I am password protecting my account for the very same reason!

• Love 4

I couldn't drink last night (boo) but I lit a candle in honor of ub40fan/Kathy before the show started.  May she rest in peace. 

I'm trying to find some way to rig my computer to instantaneously combust should I die, so only vague references connecting me to my online shenanigans will remain. 

• Love 7

I am deeply sorry for your loss Savannah. I pray her family, including you, know how much your aunt touched many people here. Words sometimes cannot convey feelings. For now, I am sending you a (((((hug))))). Peace. RIP Kathy.

• Love 4

Savannah,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I remember coming across your aunt's posts. Such a sweet soul. May your memories comfort you and your family now and the days ahead. Sending love and hugs your way.

I comment on a few threads here and there, and enjoy so many posts (was a long TWOP lurker). This shows more than anything a reason to break out more and read non-show related threads. Some very kind and thoughtful hearts here - that are quite funny too. Beautiful to see what light you all brought to someone who found it just when she needed it.

• Love 6
(edited)

Since Kathy appreciated Bob Dylan, I'm sending Kathy's family this in her honor.

BOB DYLAN LYRICS

"Death Is Not The End"

When you're sad and when you're lonely
And you haven't got a friend
Just remember that death is not the end
And all that you held sacred
Falls down and does not bend
Just remember that death is not the end.

Not the end, not the end

When you're standing on the cross-roads
That you cannot comprehend
And all your dreams have vanished
And you don't know what's up the bend

Not the end, not the end

When the storm clouds gather round you
And heavy rains descend
And there's nowhere there to comfort you
With helping hand to lend

Not the end, not the end

Oh the tree of life is growing
Where the spirit never dies
And the bright light of salvation
Shines in dark and empty skies
When the cities are on fire
When the burning flesh of men

And you search in vain to find
Just one law abiding citizen

Not the end, not the end

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 12

Dear ub40fan,

I haven't been here long, but know that your posts are very much appreciated.   Will be saying prayers for you and will ask my forum to also say prayers.

Looking forward to complaining about those reality HW with you soon!

Hugs,

RTVS

51692.jpg

She saw this and I'm sure it comforted her greatly before her surgery. Nice thoughts.

• Love 2
(edited)

Dear Savannah...My deepest sympathy for the loss of your dear Aunt Kathy.  Wishing you and your family my condolences and prayers.

True-relation.jpg

A song for Kathy:

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 2

I am late to this thread but I wanted to send you my prayers and sympathies, Savannah.  We enjoyed your aunt's posts - - she helped to make this place as wonderful as it is.

Safe journeys to the angels, Kathy.  You'll remain with us in spirit.

• Love 3

I've had my fair share of inappropriate partners, but even I wouldn't swap spit with any of them.

LOL!!!   Yeah, I'm just going to go ahead and ditto this.

Eddie certainly has a 'type' doesn't he?

• Love 3
(edited)

Didn't Brandi admit to "hooking up" with JR while he was living with some woman? No, not married but, a commited relationship.

I think Brandi hates cheaters but I also think she is full of shit on everything and has very little moral high ground with me.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8

Has anyone heard from copacabana? She sent me a PM on Mar 05 2015. 07:03 PM.

No, she seems to have disappeared from the thread.  A reply to a post of mine was deleted before I could read it.  :(   Hope she's ok.