Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Cabana

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

•   Introductions

•   Off-topic chatter

•   Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1 Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about

2 Look for an existing topic that matches or fits

3 If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

•   Character topics

•   Episode topics

•   Season topics

•   Spoiler topics

•   Speculation topics

•   In the Media topics

•   Favourite X topics

•   ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

• Love 1

Hi everyone! I am a TWOP refugee that needs a new home! I swear, I watch most bravo shows, especially the Real Housewives, just to read thoughts of other thoughtful, funny, and intelligent posters. I hope this can be a new home! Hello to everyone from TWOP!

• Love 4

Kinda reminds me of the Bravo boards.  But that was 1 thread per show per season.  Much easier than this.  This reminds me of the Apprentice board on TWOP.  Too much to navigate.  Now I'll have to organize and compartmentalize (sp) my thoughts!

When Gigi had her 'illness', Yolanda went nuts at Brandi for even mentioning it.  Which of course made me curious. Was Gigi wasted? Homesick? Mini breakdown?  Or ate too many almonds?  Can't even imagine if Lisa mentioned it on the recap.  Kinda wishing she would but don't think that's fair to the kids.

Hello Everyone, I popped over from TWOP also. Good to see some familiar names here. By the looks of things over at TWOP, a lot of us have registered on this site, so that's good news. Glad you're getting a new start here, Splain -- like the the name.

Every episode can have its own sub-topic, if you don't see an episode up you can create one.

I'm of the mind set that less topics the better.  I don't want to speak for the other poster (but I will) - I don't think they were asking for more topics.

• Love 3

I opened up a Season 4 Discussion topic, I figure that really at this point since the show is basically done that's where we can talk about the events of this season. Does that make sense?

• Love 3

I will go with the flow here but chiming in to say I would prefer to have a season catchall thread, to discuss everything in one place.

eta Yeah what Lisin did works for me.

I don't know, I like the separate thread per episode. I was always overwhelmed by the length of the threads on Twop after not reading for a week or so, then having to find the start of the discussion on the most recent aired episode. However I can see your (and Lisin's) point about since the season is over having a catch all thread.

Is Andy even going to address the comment Brandi made to the Housewife on Miami about Joanna being Mo's ex mistress? Or Brandi having a Twitter meltdown when Yolanda was on WWHL and basically said she's "Hollywood friends" with Brandi. That got swept under the rug very quickly.

It feels like Andy is desperate to make us like Brandi. He is doing everything in his power to cover up the ugliness. Why? Accept that she is trash and get rid of her!

Edited by MyMorningCoffee
  • Love 2

Lisa is completely missing everyone's point about her friendships. My take is that she is a good friend on her terms.

My sentiments exactly.  Reminds me of the scene we saw last season when she visited her son-in-law and his wife (her former best friend) and it was a frosty reception.

I like the separate thread per episode. I was always overwhelmed by the length of the threads on Twop after not reading for a week or so, then having to find the start of the discussion on the most recent aired episode.

I thought I would but since the storylines flow on these reality shows, I'd rather have 1 per season.  On a (more) scripted episodic (is that a word) show like Big Bang Theory, 1 per episode would be OK.  I just think it's a lot of threads and a lot of clicking.  JMO.

I also prefer one thread for the entire season. I find it difficult to remember what exactly happened In any particular episode and then have to spend time searching for it through various episode threads. If I want to refer back to something that was posted, I only have to search one thread, not 15 threads of episodes.  I think a thread for each season is a much better format.

• Love 3
I don't know, I like the separate thread per episode. I was always overwhelmed by the length of the threads on Twop after not reading for a week or so, then having to find the start of the discussion on the most recent aired episode. However I can see your (and Lisin's) point about since the season is over having a catch all thread.

I'm thinking for upcoming seasons I'd like to do topics for each episode but for this season, since it's finished, one topic makes the most sense. I'll still set up a Reunion Part 3 episode for the sake of continuity but more threads make it much easier for new people to navigate rather than having to search a 500 page long thread to find the episode they're looking for. 

How many people want to talk only about a specific episode and nothing else?  Is that the norm?

I had posted a reply in the Reunion Part 2 and it's gone.  It was about Lisa and being friends on her own terms.  Perhaps it was moved elsewhere.  I was comparing it to how she was with a friend that was shown last year.  We can't do that?  We can only talk about 1 episode at a time?  I prefer more fluid conversations.

You can totally do that, I don't actually see that post anywhere though.

The only reason I moved some posts here were that they were largely about the structure of the boards rather than being about the show or episode which interrupts the flow of conversation. 

You can totally do that, I don't actually see that post anywhere though.

I found it.  It's in this (the cabana) thread, up a few more posts.

I don't want to be a complainer (really I don't).  It's confusing all the moving around of posts.  I replied to someone who asked if Lisa or Brandi had friends at the tabloids and my comment was moved to a different thread (S4 general discussion).  Now I can't even find the post that I replied to.

• Love 1

Oh boy - I'm a refugee fromTWOP (long time lurker) and I don't think I'll have the patience to walk through every single Real Housewives topic thread.  

I'm all for the one thread per show, as I really do believe it makes for a more fluid exchange of ideas…Since I don't even live where the shows can be shown, I really rely on these threads to give me my RH fix!  Plus, at TWOP they were always so much more fun than the real shows.

Let's hope this all comes together!

• Love 3

How many people want to talk only about a specific episode and nothing else?  Is that the norm?

I had posted a reply in the Reunion Part 2 and it's gone.  It was about Lisa and being friends on her own terms.  Perhaps it was moved elsewhere.  I was comparing it to how she was with a friend that was shown last year.  We can't do that?  We can only talk about 1 episode at a time?  I prefer more fluid conversations.

I actually prefer to have each episode have it's own thread.  I always wished that TWOP had the Real Housewives threads set up like primetime shows with multiple threads (one for each character, episodes, spoilers, media, etc.)  Makes it much easier to discuss things on point and not have to wade through mulitple conversations on multiple topics in the same thread.

Thanks, PreviouslyTV, for allowing us TWOP refugees into this site.  I appreciate it and will learn the ropes here.

• Love 1

I'm going to put this quote here from David T. Cole over in the forum for questions and bugs. As I said before the only reason I moved some posts out of the episode and reunion thread were that the bulk of those posts were about the forum structure rather than the episode or show. I realize a couple had both show discussion and forum discussion in the post but since I can't split posts that's the decision that was made. Going forward lets keep this in mind. We're not going to move things that refer back to old episodes or anything like that so don't worry.

You can have 'character' threads, season threads, media threads, spoiler threads, speculation threads, and whatever else in addition to episode threads. It's not like you can't reference past events and the history of the show in the current episode thread (or wherever).

These giant threads are terrible barriers to newcomers and people trying to get into a discussion about something in particular that interests them.

The Small Talk topic is for:

1. Introductions
  2. Off-topic chatter
  3. Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

• Love 1

Hi gang!  I decided to ditch my French name, Mlle Poilane, and take my paternal grandmother's middle name, Lura.  Besides, Lura is a good Irish name and reflects my heritage.

As yet another TWoP refugee, I want to thank the good people here at Previously for taking in the homeless.  I suspect that our migration here has caused Previously many hours of work, and I appreciate all the moderators and posters for making the adjustments that allow us to be here.  Thanks to all of you!

• Love 6

Hi, MyThoughts!  What was your name at TWoP?  I was Mlle Poilane at TWoP, but I've switched to Lura, my Irish grandmother's middle name.

• Love 1

I heard about this site from twop, I read a lot over there but didn't post a whole lot. I love that there are so many show forums here. I do hope more people join in from twop, it's a little slow here sometimes. So far the posters seem nice though.

Thank you to those who operate this site and give us a home to discuss/obsess over our favorite shows! I love reading others thoughts on what occurred.

• Love 2

Hi all - another TWoP refugee joining the conversation.  I concur with Lura that the hospitality on this site is much appreciated.  Lots of nice comments have been thrown around on the TWoP site about Previously over the last month or so, and it sounds like this will be the desired destination for lots of folks. 

Clearly the rhythm of this site works well for the folks that have chosen to call this place home, so I will do my utmost to conform in my appreciation for having a new place to call home. I have been struggling early on in not knowing where to post specific thoughts. I guess the nature of the beast in those of us who like these kind of communities is that we want to share our opinions and engage with the broadest possible like-minded audience.  On some threads there is so little engagement that I would tend to not want to post there because it seems like no one is going to that thread.  Am I alone in this quandary? My tendency is to want to go to the thread that has the most recent activity and find a way to engage in those comments, vs. commenting on the threads that seem kind of dated, even if I have something to add and would like to hear other perspectives. Sorry for my early complaining. I look forward to "virtually" meeting lots of new folks.

• Love 1

Hi everyone! I'm the main mod here in the RHO(whatever city) forums and I wanted to assure you all that I get that you're used to the single thread set up from TWoP. We're doing it differently here because it's much easier to keep track of and also much easier for new posters to jump into the conversation if they don't have to figure out where to post in a gigantic 1000+ page thread. That being said, for right now we've made a Season 4 discussion thread, that should work for any discussion of the most recent season, I'm also not going to ding you if you reference back to something from seasons 1-3 to make a point in that thread. If you have specific thoughts about a specific housewife of course you can also use their individual thread. The individual episode threads make the most sense when the show is actually airing new episodes so until then my suggestion is to jump into a specific housewife thread or go to the Season 4 thread for general discussion. Additionally if you wanted a thread for a prior season feel free to start it and talk about that season as well. Feel free to PM me with any questions. And Welcome! 

I've read several times that it's difficult for the elderly to be moved to a different room or a different house because it confuses them.  They're so accustomed to being in the same place and knowing where everything is.  When I first came over here from TWoP, it seemed like everything was confusing.  Then, a light bulb went off in my head.  NO WAY was I going to complain about how confused I was and have people thinking I was some doddering old fool!!!  Now that I've learned how to post a message and how to edit a message, I'm happy as a clam!

• Love 2

Hey Debbie!  I am so glad to see you!  I've always enjoyed your posts, so I'm glad you'll be adding more life to the HWs forum.  We're in dire need of some snark!

• Love 1

Greetings, all.  TWOP refugee here, lookin' to get my Beverly Hillbilly fix on.  Actually used to watch pretty much all the RH shows, but seem to have dropped them all for one reason or another, except this one.  Given how disappointing this season and the subsequent reunion were, I fear this may be my last season of the Hillbillies as well.

That being said, I love TV and I love to obsess over the minutiae of various programs.  And snark, of course.  I snark, therefore I am.  Greatly looking forward to rejoining the world of snarky, civilized folk without fear of being dinged for "boards on boards" - whatever that means.

Thanks so much to you folks at PreviouslyTV for welcoming us refugees so kindly.  Of course, when y'all ran TWOP, it was a much nicer place to post, too, so the kind reception really came as no surprise.  Thanks again and Vive la PTV!

• Love 2

Hey Debbie!  I am so glad to see you!  I've always enjoyed your posts, so I'm glad you'll be adding more life to the HWs forum.  We're in dire need of some snark!

Thanks so much!  You made my day (or I guess I should say night!)  I'm having some trouble trying to figure out who is who and navigating here, but so far so good!

Debbie, about all I can tell you is that I used to be Mlle Poilane.  I changed my name because Mlle Poilane is too long and too French, and I took my Irish grandmother's middle name.  If I'm going to come from some distant shore, it might as well be the real one!  As for , getting around here, I'm still learning, and I'm far from the head of the class!

• Love 2
(edited)

Thanks, Debbie.  :)  Well, I'm ready for some snark, so I guess I'll go look for some under the other topics here.  I wish BRAVO would hurry up and choose their new cast.

I read yesterday that Brandi really is the hot commodity she claims to be.  According to "an insider" at BRAVO, her contact for next season was signed and sealed practically as soon as the reunion aired.  If this is true, it doesn't surprise me.  I've felt all along that Andy knows a ratings booster when he sees one, whether the audience likes her or not.  My big question is who is Andy going to get to counter Brandi?  Those will be big boots to fill!

Edited by Lura

Hi everyone! I'm a TWOP occasional poster, but really enjoyed just reading with some peanut butter and saltines and an ice cold Sunkist. BH is my fave of the RH shows, but I watch all except Atlanta.

Brandi is my fave housewife (she's a freaking riot) of the entire RH franchise. Love her or hate her, she gets people talking!

Thanks, Debbie.  :)  Well, I'm ready for some snark, so I guess I'll go look for some under the other topics here.  I wish BRAVO would hurry up and choose their new cast.

I read yesterday that Brandi really is the hot commodity she claims to be.  According to "an insider" at BRAVO, her contact for next season was signed and sealed practically as soon as the reunion aired.  If this is true, it doesn't surprise me.  I've felt all along that Andy knows a ratings booster when he sees one, whether the audience likes her or not.  My big question is who is Andy going to get to counter Brandi?  Those will be big boots to fill!

Well, I was hoping that Brandi would disappear, but I never really thought it would happen.  Yes, you're right  - Big boots to fill!  Should be interesting.

Someone said in a previous post that filming had started for RHOBH.  Does anyone know whether those were just special scenes or whether the show itself had begun taping?  How long before the new season starts?  I guess I should go to BRAVO and check things out.  I have a habit of going there often when the show is running, but not when it's on hiatus.

More questions.  According to the gossip sites, Lisa is still holding out from signing a contract.  I'm not surprised after what the show put her through last season.  I don't seriously think she'd leave the show, but what's on her mind?  Money is the obvious reason, but I keep thinking it's something else.  Could she bargain never to be ambushed (her words) again?  I think anything is negotiable.  I hope we don't have to sit through a million boring scenes from PUMP like we did from SUR.  I'd like to tell BRAVO to air the opening of PUMP and move on!

I love the fact that the moderators take part in the posting like the rest of us do.  For me, it makes them seem more human, more accessible, more "one of us" than they did on TWoP.  There was a remoteness there that made one think they were far superior than the posters were.  I'm NOT putting them down, especially because two of them became like personal friends by the time the site closed.  Yet, there's still that difference that's maybe unexplainable here at previously that makes me comfortable being here -- and I include David, too.

• Love 5
(edited)

We're off to Santa Monica and Beverly Hills tomorrow.  I could use a little quick information if you have any.  Despite the fact that we've been there a number of times, they were before I'd heard of Lisa's restaurants.  If you've eaten at both places and had time for only one meal there, which eatery would you choose?  (I'm not including PUMP on our itinerary!)  I don't know the "in" watering holes where Brandi might hang out, but I wouldn't mind knowing.  I have a special cocktail I'd like to have served to her.  It's made of water, a chip of strong lye soap,1 Tbl. of cayenne pepper seeds, ground, and 2 Tbl. of liquid Scotch Bonnet chili pepper, plus food coloring.  If I can't find a willing bartender, I'll resort to my pointy-toe heels.  I hope a friend here will bail me out.  I'll have my little laptop along to call for help.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1

My cousin ate at Villa Blanca and enjoyed her lunch very much. She even met Lisa, who was there that day. Since the show is filming now, you've got a good chance at spotting some of them either there or at SUR. More likely at SUR. Be sure to check out Kyle's boutique, they will probably be filming there some also.

Personally, my favorite restaurant for really good food and celebrity spotting is Spago. I always see someone famous there. The Ivy is another good choice, but get there early and linger. By noonish, it gets crowded and the line for a table gets long.

I don't know where Brandi is living now, so I have no idea where she might be seen other than the places in Beverly Hills where they film.

(edited)

My cousin ate at Villa Blanca and enjoyed her lunch very much. She even met Lisa, who was there that day. Since the show is filming now, you've got a good chance at spotting some of them either there or at SUR. More likely at SUR. Be sure to check out Kyle's boutique, they will probably be filming there some also.

Personally, my favorite restaurant for really good food and celebrity spotting is Spago. I always see someone famous there. The Ivy is another good choice, but get there early and linger. By noonish, it gets crowded and the line for a table gets long.

I was just going to say the same thing. If I was in the area and could only go to one place, it wouldn't be to one of Lisa's. It would absolutely be Spago. There is just absolutely no place like it (especially since they did the remodel last year). You will have the meal of your life, Chef Puck will come out and say "hi" if he is in the kitchen (he is frequently believe it or not), and you will see some famous folks having a meal they will never forget. It is truly an experience worth having. 

Edited by motorcitymom65