Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Cabana

• Start Topic

Has anyone heard from copacabana? She sent me a PM on Mar 05 2015. 07:03 PM.

I think she's taking a break after the heaviness of the BH threads.  I feel like I need a vacation, too.  And a bath.

She's probably down at the Copa. Copacabana. Where music and passion are always in fashion.

I hope to see her tonight after the new episode.

• Love 7

I think she's taking a break after the heaviness of the BH threads.  I feel like I need a vacation, too.  And a bath.

She's probably down at the Copa. Copacabana. Where music and passion are always in fashion.

Well, it is the hottest spot north of Havana. And it's been a nasty winter for a lot of us.

ETA:  But I just looked back, and it looks like copacabana's profile has been deactivated.  I hope this is a temporary thing or a glitch - I enjoyed her posts.

Edited by harrie
  • Love 5

Oops...LOL, I meant to quote a different post. The one that says Copa was banned.....That one is a thumbs down!

Copa's member profile shows the status "Banned".   :-(

This one is a huge thumbs down. I don't like this^^^^

• Love 3

I haven't read this thread for some time. So sorry to hear about Kathy, I liked her and will miss her posts here.

It's too bad about Copa. Ok, I've never been banned.  Don't know why Copa was banned but what  besides an opinion tug of war gets you banned?  Do you get a warning in your pm's?

Good heavens, what must one do here that would be so terrible to be banned for it? I was banned twice for 2 weeks on Lipstick Alley, but that was so easy, they just hated me there. HAHAHA!  What a bunch of losers on that site.

I know that someone got banned for calling me a name and telling me to go eff myself.  In the House v House thread!  I was like what the hell.  It's an HGTV show, calm down.

• Love 2

The way I look at it is that it's their play ground and their ball. PTV are the ones who have to deal with any issues and fall out that arise, so it's their call.  I am one of many guests and my conduct here should be civil and courteous and to abide by their rules. Besides, I like this place and the people here.

• Love 9

Just for the record I'm not commenting nor questioning about anyone, it's not my place to do so. My post was about how I view this board, and how I try to act as a guest here.  

Going back to having fun and exploring other shows.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 4

Good thing there's an OT thread because this has nothing to do with BH, housewives, Bravo or TV.  It's about my inability to wear long sleeves and do anything involving water.  For some strange reason I seem to have lost the ability to brush my teeth, wash my face or load the dishwasher while wearing long sleeves without getting my sleeves soaking wet.  Whatever it is, I'm tired of having to change my top every time I go near a sink.  It's not too bad in the morning since I'm usually still in my PJ's when I brush my teeth but it happened to me three times today.  :(

• Love 6

Have you never heard the phrase Roll your sleeves up?

LOL   That helps a little but I still manage to get them wet.

It's something I used to be able to do........but not anymore.

Edited by AnnA

Same.  This happens when I wash my face at night and the sleeves of my sexy flannel nightgown get wet.  There's nothing worse than sopping wet flannel flopping around my wrists.  Like you, you'd think I'd learn by now.  But even when I roll 'em up, the water runs down my arms up the my elbows. LOL

• Love 5

My problem isn't my arms - it's my boobs.  I can't wash my face or dishes without getting my boobs wet.  Well, not my actual boobs but my shirt, right over my boobs.  I look like I'm in a wet t-shirt contest every time.

• Love 4

Don't y'all use wash cloths to wash your face? Those commercials where the women glamorously  splash their faces when washing them and no drips are fake. You need wash cloths.

Sure don't.  I don't use cloths on my face except to pat my skin dry after washing.  I use a balm to remove makeup and then liquid cleanser for cleaning the skin.  For exfoliation, baking soda mixed into the cleanser or strawberry scrub when doing a physical scrub or beta hydroxy acid for chemical exfoliation.

Lord, I've just taken the conversation off course.

• Love 1

I feel you, AnnA.  I'm always doing that, too, because when I wear long sleeves, they are so long that usually cover my hands.  But it happens even when I push my sleeves up.  I'm a klutz, so I'm always spilling things, dropping things -- I don't know if this is better or not, but I usually drop liquids on something other myself.  lol  

Also, my kitchen sink is one those really old farmhouse sinks, but the basin isn't very deep and if the faucet is turned up too high, the water splashes off of whatever I'm washing and sprays all over me and the floor.  Spoons are the worst offenders. 

• Love 2

I'm not a fan of washcloths so I don't use them.  I use a facial scrub spongey-type thing with Aveeno moisturizing soap on my face and those nylon net scrunchy  things in the shower.   

What I can't figure out about the "wet sleeve" dilemma is that I used to be able to do it and now I can't.  Why is that?   Once upon a time when the earth was new, I could wash off all my makeup before leaving work and put on a fresh face to go out.  I'd have to go out wet or strip down to do that now.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

Sure don't.  I don't use cloths on my face except to pat my skin dry after washing.  I use a balm to remove makeup and then liquid cleanser for cleaning the skin.  For exfoliation, baking soda mixed into the cleanser or strawberry scrub when doing a physical scrub or beta hydroxy acid for chemical exfoliation.

Lord, I've just taken the conversation off course.

Don't apologize I love it! Many moons ago a dermatologist friend told me that beta hydroxy and cetaphil are just as effective as the expensive stuff.

AnnA could it be your depth perception? I say this because I realize , when driving I end up coming to a screeching halt at a red light because I perceive I have more time. Like my depth perception has changed or something.

Count me in on getting water on my clothes.  I live in Florida so I rarely wear long sleeves but that doesn't matter.  For some reason I insist on brushing my teeth for a second time after I am dressed.  It looks like someone stood in front of me and hurled a glass of water at my boobs.  I cannot fathom why I do this repeatedly.  It also baffles my grown sons.  It is a source of humor for them, the little shit heads.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

Don't apologize I love it! Many moons ago a dermatologist friend told me that beta hydroxy and cetaphil are just as effective as the expensive stuff.

AnnA could it be your depth perception? I say this because I realize , when driving I end up coming to a screeching halt at a red light because I perceive I have more time. Like my depth perception has changed or something.

I don't think I have a depth perception issue.  

It's more likely that I'm not paying attention and getting sloppy in my old age.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

Ditto with the teeth brushing issues, I always seem to get one tiny toothpaste spot.

I've taken to doing dishes and putting on make up naked, at least from the waist up.  I only use mineral make up, and that stuff STICKS on clothes if you spill it.

The naked thing could be problematic if you have kids running around though.  ;)

Anyone use the little Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes?  I've fallen in love with them.

Anyone use the little Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes?  I've fallen in love with them.

Nope but I am going to buy some.  Thanks.  Anything that helps keeping water at a minimum is greatly appreciated.  :>)

Edited by wings707

The generics work too.  I just love them now, just started using them a few months ago.  I keep one packet by my bed too, so handy and there are several types, all seem pretty gentle, but really do take off even waterproof mascara.

• Love 1

The generics work too.  I just love them now, just started using them a few months ago.  I keep one packet by my bed too, so handy and there are several types, all seem pretty gentle, but really do take off even waterproof mascara.

Excellent.  I have makeup remover in a tube.  I like the idea of pads, less messy.  They are on my list.  

LOL   That helps a little but I still manage to get them wet.  It's something I used to be able to do........but not anymore.

I roll up my sleeves, but as I'm doing dishes, for example, they start to creep down my forearms.  So I either have to stop what I'm doing, dry my hands, and push them up, or just push them up with wet hands.  The latter usually wins. 

My thing is, I cook a lot and should wear an apron but don't. So I always seem to have a cooking stains on my tops.  And I get water on me when washing dishes, right at the waist area.

I do the same thing and so have a couple of cooking shirts, which are all kind of stained and gross. Sometimes something will kick up out of the mixer or something, and splat right onto me.  Sometimes I happen to be wearing one when I have to walk the dog and I'm afraid I'll run into one of the neighbors; I'm always ready with a not-too-defensive "It's a cooking shirt!"

And hell yes on the makeup remover thingies.  If anyone finds one that is cruelty-free, please mention it -- I'll pay more, no big deal.

Edited by harrie
  • Love 2

Ditto with the teeth brushing issues, I always seem to get one tiny toothpaste spot.

I've taken to doing dishes and putting on make up naked, at least from the waist up.  I only use mineral make up, and that stuff STICKS on clothes if you spill it.

The naked thing could be problematic if you have kids running around though.  ;)

Last month, I dropped a container of mineral make up on the sheets on my husband's side of the bed.  After washing the sheets and had to 'fess up and say to him that it looked like that stain was going to be there forever.  Comes off my face, tho'.

• Love 1

I think you could get it out if you used whatever you use to remove your make up.  Actually, I'd try something simple and cheaper first, oil.  Maybe coconut oil, or just cooking oil, mix with a soap based stain remover, let it sit for a bit, blot a bunch up, then use a good laundry detergent on the spot, let it soak in, blot, and wash in hot water.

Last month, I dropped a container of mineral make up on the sheets on my husband's side of the bed.  After washing the sheets and had to 'fess up and say to him that it looked like that stain was going to be there forever.  Comes off my face, tho'.

Resolve makes a great stain remover.  It works on almost anything.

Have you tried adding OxiClean in the washer?  That's pretty good too.

prettybird ,  you are brave and sending you good vibes! if you need to vent open up whatever someone is here to listen.

wishing your hubby the best,

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 11

Ok, I've had a couple of glasses of wine so I'm a little sentimental, but I just wanted to thank all of you posters for the distraction. For the last couple of weeks I have been sitting in the hospital with my husband while he undergoes chemo. I'm usually an avid reader, but just can't seem to concentrate on anything deep right now. Reading all of your snark on these silly women has been a life savor.

((Hugs)), prettybird. Wishing your husband a full recovery and that the chemo knocks out every last cancer cell.

• Love 10

Ok, I've had a couple of glasses of wine so I'm a little sentimental, but I just wanted to thank all of you posters for the distraction. For the last couple of weeks I have been sitting in the hospital with my husband while he undergoes chemo. I'm usually an avid reader, but just can't seem to concentrate on anything deep right now. Reading all of your snark on these silly women has been a life savor.

Sending good thoughts and warm hugs to you and your husband.

• Love 9

Speedy recovery to your husband and please keep PTV posted on his progress.  The very best to you and your family.

• Love 8