Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Cabana

• Start Topic

Will we be required to take our shoes off at the door?

:-)

Only if the hammer toes wrought by the VanderPump and the Maloof Hoof have been properly pruned.

• Love 2

So glad this downer of a seasons over!  See ya'll in the NY threads!

ETA: Spoke a bit soon, I'm assuming we'll have the Secrets Revealed/Lost Footage Episode to slug through...

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 1

I am more irritated with the boundaries of giving than your comment! I hope they didn't call him out for not bringing a protein. 

I am probably going to cause a rukus but...I have never had a my boobies squished and probably never will. I am 47 or 48 and have not been to a doctor about female stuff in probably, well my youngest of three sons is almost 18 so probably 16 plus years. And I have really only been to a dr in those years twice. One I was so sick from what turned out to be mono and a horrible infection. Went to the ER and they admitted me. The other time, I wasn't sure if I was having a heart attack or just indigestion. After several hours I finally quietly called my husband to our bedroom and told him I couldn't take a breath, it was too painful. I said call an ambulance, but don't have them turn the lights on and met them on the front porch. They thought I had a punctured lung. Turns out I had bacterial pneumonia (different than viral pneumonia) and was admitted again to the hospital. Other than that, I haven't been. 

I don't believe in yearly mammograms below age 50, or menopause at all. Research has shown no benefit and possible risks to that practice. Cumulative radiation to the still proliferative breast tissue of still menstruating women may do more harm than good.

• Love 1

Is this really what we watch TV to see? Is this what 'entertainment' has become, a bunch of screaming, cursing, foul-mouthed Botox filled rich women?  I felt embarrassed and ashamed of myself watching the reunion episodes because I felt embarrassed for them and for myself for watching such low-life behavior from women. This is the sort of behavior that I expect from uneducated mob wives not from the wives of very wealthy and successful men or women who are successful in their own right. Women screaming 'fuck you' and vile words like 'cunt' and 'pussy' spilling out of their mouths so easily. They are loathsome, all of them. How low can any of them sink without feeling regret that they have sunk so low?

• Love 7

Is this really what we watch TV to see? Is this what 'entertainment' has become, a bunch of screaming, cursing, foul-mouthed Botox filled rich women?  I felt embarrassed and ashamed of myself watching the reunion episodes because I felt embarrassed for them and for myself for watching such low-life behavior from women. This is the sort of behavior that I expect from uneducated mob wives not from the wives of very wealthy and successful men or women who are successful in their own right. Women screaming 'fuck you' and vile words like 'cunt' and 'pussy' spilling out of their mouths so easily. They are loathsome, all of them. How low can any of them sink without feeling regret that they have sunk so low?

I gave you a happy thumb, too. I agree it really was too much -- of all of the BH wives IMO only Eileen escaped with some modicum of dignity. Do you watch NY? The outrageous is there but not the overt vulgarity and the difference is startling. Jump into the NY pond (if you're not there already)!

• Love 3

I gave you a happy thumb, too. I agree it really was too much -- of all of the BH wives IMO only Eileen escaped with some modicum of dignity. Do you watch NY? The outrageous is there but not the overt vulgarity and the difference is startling. Jump into the NY pond (if you're not there already)!

I'm already up to my ankles in the NY pond. So far, I'm liking Bethany. I also like that Ramona has been humbled (a little).

• Love 1

I usually DVR episodes, read here and then watch them the next morning.  Today I came here to read and after I realized there was NO SMOKING GUN last night, I deleted, deleted, deleted every last RHOBH that I had saved. There was just no point in watching. I wasn't even tempted to see Kim at her vilest.  You said they reminded you of mob wives...I agree.  And they bring out the Teen Mom 2 in everybody.  They were fouler than NJ and OC put together. 

I don't think the First Looks are a good idea.  They could potentially turn off the casual viewer and make the die hards, like me, not bother with the whole episode when there's rarely much more to see than what the First Look has already shown us. 

• Love 3

I try to resist clicking on those ads that take you to gossip sites.  This morning, however, I was catching up on the cast blogs at the Bravo site and was compelled to click "Ashton Kutcher Furious With Scott Eastwood For Revealing Affair."

I'll save you the disappointment I felt.  The article was about Ashton's alleged cheating on Demi Moore.  It did not reveal that Ashton and Scott had an affair with each other.

• Love 4

Yesterday was all about work and then writing a check to the blasted US Treasury. And then on top of that there was no new TV! (Or at least no new TV that I'm interested in watching.) 

Would it have been too much for the universe to align in such a way that the final part of the reunion and tax day could have been on the same day? 

• Love 1

I usually DVR episodes, read here and then watch them the next morning.  Today I came here to read and after I realized there was NO SMOKING GUN last night, I deleted, deleted, deleted every last RHOBH that I had saved. There was just no point in watching. I wasn't even tempted to see Kim at her vilest.  You said they reminded you of mob wives...I agree.  And they bring out the Teen Mom 2 in everybody.  They were fouler than NJ and OC put together. 

I don't think the First Looks are a good idea.  They could potentially turn off the casual viewer and make the die hards, like me, not bother with the whole episode when there's rarely much more to see than what the First Look has already shown us. 

I sort of agree with you about the First Looks. The thing is though...I still watch them. I have no idea why. I end up being irritated with myself for roughly only having 3/4 of the episode left when it comes on its regular day but I'll be damned if I didn't admit to looking for them on my DVR every Sunday. 

• Love 1

Hey gang, please keep this thread to stuff not about the show. You have plenty of other topics to discuss the show, this is a fully no show talk topic. Thanks! 

• Love 2

Ok to counter balance all the Kim's fuckery here is something for you animals lovers.

http://imgur.com/a/eZp0L

Before and after adoption photos.

I love this.  Thanks!  I work for a dog rescue and often visit the placed dogs if they live near me just to say hello again.   Dogs are sooooooo happy when they go to their forever homes.  They adjust immediately and often run things!  Well, unless there is a cat in their new home.  LOL!  

• Love 6

ZOMG, nc socialworker.  So cute!

Those costumes are adorable.  I wish mine would like wearing clothes.  : - (   I have to put them in sweaters and coats when it's cold because they are tiny things, but they just don't have a flair for fashion.    

• Love 5

I question why I watch too.    What i come up with is that I guess I am entertained by people who are making fools of themselves, are greedy and lack manners, morals and values.     

I did stop watching Atlanta though.  Those folks are just too gross, especially after Mama J. called Todd's mom a whore. Where is Dr. Kervorkian when you need him?

Hope all you beasts enjoyed your weekend.

Edited to add:     I missed the mod note, I apologise      and OMG    all the doggies and kitties are so cute !      What a huge difference in their faces.      

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 2

ZOMG, nc socialworker.  So cute!

Those costumes are adorable.  I wish mine would like wearing clothes.  : - (   I have to put them in sweaters and coats when it's cold because they are tiny things, but they just don't have a flair for fashion.  

Funny!

• Love 3

Yeah, my dog prefers to walk around in the buff.  He weighs 9 lbs.  I have tried to put a harness on him and he just stands still with his head down and ears back.  He will NOT move a muscle.  He won't even look at me.  As much as I love dogs they can be assholes.  

• Love 3

Yeah, my dog prefers to walk around in the buff.  He weighs 9 lbs.  I have tried to put a harness on him and he just stands still with his head down and ears back.  He will NOT move a muscle.  He won't even look at me.  As much as I love dogs they can be assholes.  

LOL   My dogs do the same.  They become statues.  And I just know they're plotting some kinda revenge.

Mine are also small (~4lbs each) so I have to dress them when it's cold out, and, okay, for my own amusement.  ; - )   

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 3

Now if I could only get my cats to wear clothes ...

There'd be no doubts then, that I'd truly crossed the threshold into "Crazy animal lady who puts sweaters on her pets and talks to them as if they were people".  lol 

• Love 4

Now if I could only get my cats to wear clothes ...

There'd be no doubts then, that I'd truly crossed the threshold into "Crazy animal lady who puts sweaters on her pets and talks to them as if they were people".  lol 

Although I only dress up 1 of my dogs (after I shave him), I do talk to both dogs and both cats as if they understand every word I say and I do know what they are saying back to me! LOL In other words. I am the crazy furbaby lady! LOL

• Love 4

Although I only dress up 1 of my dogs (after I shave him), I do talk to both dogs and both cats as if they understand every word I say and I do know what they are saying back to me! LOL In other words. I am the crazy furbaby lady! LOL

You shave him yourself and he's okay with it?  My animals must be total assholes then.  lol   One of my cats, who is a longhair, is getting shaved soon and we're all so excited.  My parent's have their cat shaved and she loves it.  

Oh, I have full on conversations with my animals.  Like, discussions and debates.  It's sad really.  ; - )

• Love 5

Don't make me come over there.  

• Love 2

Don't make me come over there.  

Just be forewarned, if you come over, my Newf, 150 lbs, will drool all over you, so wear clothes that you don't mind getting wet and hairy! And if you get too close to me, he will knock you down and sit, yes, I said sit, on you while drooling all over your hair! LOL

• Love 3

If you liked the statue video, you might also like this one - it always makes me want to DANCE, DANCE, DANCE :   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqbVbPvlDoM

This made me cry.  That dog is having so much fun!  So precious.  He was loving every minute and oozing love as they do.  

Just be forewarned, if you come over, my Newf, 150 lbs, will drool all over you, so wear clothes that you don't mind getting wet and hairy! And if you get too close to me, he will knock you down and sit, yes, I said sit, on you while drooling all over your hair! LOL

Okay, I will  meet at Starbucks then.   LOL!

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

Oh, Newfies!! I love them.  How lucky you are, WireWrap, to have one in your life.

Edited by harrie
  • Love 2

Oh, Newfies!! I love them.  How lucky you are, WireWrap, to have one in your life.

We do love him he is a wonderful addition to our family. He is now 11 1/2 years old and still going strong. We still find drool on the ceilings, walls, pictures, well, everywhere! LOL

• Love 3

If you liked the statue video, you might also like this one - it always makes me want to DANCE, DANCE, DANCE :  

Thank you so much for this! That dog was having the time of his life. Did you see that tail? My one golden can't tell if the door is opened or closed. Last week he was standing on the deck and I was standing right inside the open glass door and he just sat there for 10 minutes wondering why I didn't open the door! I finally reached out and petted him, then he walked in. Dumbass! I need to teach him to dance.

• Love 8

Thank you so much for this! That dog was having the time of his life. Did you see that tail? My one golden can't tell if the door is opened or closed. Last week he was standing on the deck and I was standing right inside the open glass door and he just sat there for 10 minutes wondering why I didn't open the door! I finally reached out and petted him, then he walked in. Dumbass! I need to teach him to dance.

Yes, I've loved this video for years, - it fills me with joy no matter how low I feel.   But it does tend to make some dog owners feel like underachievers.   ;-)

ETA: I also love how Rookie sometimes threw in his own dance moves when he felt like it, surprising Carolyn (usually during competitions)!.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 4

I hadn't considered that. My first memory of Kim from this season was the stupid "let's stalk JR" scene and she seemed lit to me. I now wonder if I should watch it again. 

I don't think she was sober/clean in that scene either, I think she was hiding it better though. JMO

• Love 4

Reminds me of the old toilet bowl/drinking fountain for pets joke : When a cat first sees you peeing in their alternate watering hole, they give you a look of pure disdain.  A dog sees the same thing and thinks "Cool!  You can drink through your dick!".

My Babalu was a total car/ purse/ halter walking kitten who lolled around on my dashboard like he was a pillworm.  He also made regular visits to Petsmart (and any other store who'd accept him) with me, and was allowed to chose his own toys in the checkout line.  Then my little cat-puppy learned how to be a cat from his older "brothers" at home, and stopped loving the car rides so much.  He also outgrew the purse, tote bag and oversized duffel bag carriers.  Now he's semi-normal.  But he still alerts like Kingsley the attack dog whenever another human broaches our property line - including the mailman every fucking day, eh!  :-)

• Love 4

Hysterical Walnut!  I had to google pill worm. 

eric, thanks, I had seen the first one but not the second.  Love them.  

I just got my hair cut.  Way too fucking short.  Way, way, way.  I am going to make like my childhood Poodle and hide under the couch.   A mistake was made at the groomers and he arrived home, not with the puppy cut we requested, but with a show cut.  I don't think he cared or noticed but when we laughed hysterically, he made a bee line to hide.  

img_5842.jpg?w=497&h=352

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6

So the other night my girlfriend was going on about how this younger couple could afford a really nice home in her area, and I was teasing her mercilessly about it  She happened to mention that if this particular house had been for sale back when she was buying, it would've been hers.  Naturally, I said "She stole your GOD DAMN house!", and laughed hysterically.  (Of course, then I had to explain the joke because she doesn't watch this show).  But I just knew you guys would appreciate this real life moment!   :-)

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 10

I thought I was to bring an off topic subject here?

Off Topic as in "not about this show" so your question is better suited for the Kim Richards thread. Thanks. 

• Love 4

I didn't mean to come across as abrupt in my Head over to Kim Richards thread post to you. I meant it as, That is where the information that you wanted is being discussed. I was once confused by this Small Talk stuff also when the site was new to me. 

Awe SS I didn't take it as abrupt at all! I am very new to the off topic thread and was confused. You were helpful! Thanks to you both :) 

• Love 3