Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I just love that WTF look on Onyx's face, though LOL.

My granddaughters' kitties are named Shadow and Onyx!

Don't ask me which one is which though.

For the life of me I can't tell them apart.😊

20190330_013204.jpg

My daughter titled this:

"what do you mean you want to use your office?"

Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15

And here is my 13yo Chihuahua that we rescued (they said it was a very abusive situation she was in.) 

She.hates.my.guts. 🙃  But she luuuurves my husband. ❤

We  theorize I must look like the person who abused her. 

She has hated me with the fire of a thousand suns ever since we got her years ago.

Those are my sister's hands holding her. Mine would be bloody stumps if I tried to touch her without a muzzle. 😂

Hey, I'm being honest..no warm fuzzy dog story from moi. 

I want a kitty cat 😭

rps20190330_015907.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
Please pardon all the emojiis..I'm in a MOOD.😆
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Okay, in the interest of equal time, here is Pixie (nearly four year-old grey tabby oven-worshipper).

IMG_20190301_180752.jpg

And here is Lucy (nearly three year-old black kitty in a sunbeam on a dining room table where she is not supposed to be). 

IMG_20190313_104449 copy.jpg

And Lucy is saying by the look in her eyes is F U Mom this is the warmest spot in the house 😀

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

This is Bonnie Boo. She's a total mutt who was found dumped on the side of the road in a ditch. She's not a very cuddly dog but she loves to play and run and whip her long tail around when she's excited. 

8282.jpeg

• Love 20
9 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

And Lucy is saying by the look in her eyes is F U Mom this is the warmest spot in the house 😀

Actually, I thought she was saying, "if you did not want me here, why did you put on this tablecloth that sets off my fur so nicely?"

9 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

She has the most gorgeous markings!

Thanks! She is the softest, too. Rabbit fur kitty.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, jcbrown said:

As you insisted, here is Hillary. Her 19th birthday was yesterday and she came to us when she was three weeks old.

ETA: A blue version of her is my avatar.

IMG_0172 (1).JPG

Oh she’s so precious. 

• Love 4
On 3/30/2019 at 3:07 AM, ChiCricket said:

And here is my 13yo Chihuahua that we rescued (they said it was a very abusive situation she was in.) 

She.hates.my.guts. 🙃  But she luuuurves my husband. ❤

We  theorize I must look like the person who abused her. 

She has hated me with the fire of a thousand suns ever since we got her years ago.

Those are my sister's hands holding her. Mine would be bloody stumps if I tried to touch her without a muzzle. 😂

Hey, I'm being honest..no warm fuzzy dog story from moi. 

I want a kitty cat 😭

rps20190330_015907.jpg

She sounds like every chihuahua I have ever met.

Zing zing! I’m joking.

Kind of.

• LOL 7

I need to take more cute photos of my cats. 

Unrelated I must’ve been really sick- I slept until 10am this morning. 

AND I’m in desperate need of a pedicure, I haven’t had one since summer and the underside of my toes are crusty! Omg. Sorry tmi. The top of my feet are nicely moisutiruzed but the underside is shameful. 

sick oh no GIF by CBeebies HQ

• LOL 1

3484C624-9CCD-4329-8798-FEF2CBE1B863.thumb.jpeg.ded80e0938fc817fc14206eb4de3f29a.jpeg

That is my baby boy. He’s dressed up for Mardi Gras. He is 14 and has a totally black sister (I have her too). The bonus is that they were born on Halloween. My bed isn’t made because he’s sleeping on it. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, whydoiwatch said:

My 13 year old mini long haired dachshund, Samantha (Sammie). I have  only had dachshunds in my adult life, they can be stubborn, but so loyal and loving.fullsizeoutput_337.thumb.jpeg.a1a8270be5b4885973c200351b59aa58.jpeg

Samantha looks so much like my little Sparky from long ago.  He was the most loving dog ever.  I think about him often.  So sweet.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I need to take more cute photos of my cats. 

Unrelated I must’ve been really sick- I slept until 10am this morning. 

AND I’m in desperate need of a pedicure, I haven’t had one since summer and the underside of my toes are crusty! Omg. Sorry tmi. The top of my feet are nicely moisutiruzed but the underside is shameful. 

sick oh no GIF by CBeebies HQ

Ahhhhh I hate that you are still sick! Sending good vibes your way. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

She sounds like every chihuahua I have ever met.

Zing zing! I’m joking.

Kind of.

As a long-time Chihuahua owner, I should probably be offended, but I can't stop laughing. Mine loves me (usually), but he still growls at me when he's decided he's comfy and I still insist on moving him. I always introduce him as my attack dog and say if he was bigger than 3 lbs, he'd be unstoppable (and possibly a danger to society.) 😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Zella said:

As a long-time Chihuahua owner, I should probably be offended, but I can't stop laughing. Mine loves me (usually), but he still growls at me when he's decided he's comfy and I still insist on moving him. I always introduce him as my attack dog and say if he was bigger than 3 lbs, he'd be unstoppable (and possibly a danger to society.) 😂

It's been said a Chihuahua is a big dog in a small body. I had to put my beloved Bugsie to sleep over 10 years ago but I an sitting here crying because I miss her. The Bible tells me that there are no tears in Heaven so I know she will be waiting for me.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

You know that feeling when you want new clothes for spring summer, to spend money at the Sephora Spring Sale, have an international trip planned and still gave bills to pay?!!

I have wasted most of the day putting clothes in several virtual shopping carts and adding so many things to my Sephora loves list. Somewhat ironically, I ordered books on minimalism, organizing, and curating my closet from Amazon. It’s been a weird day, and I’ve been up since 2:45.

Here’s Kitty Gunderson the Younger (RIP Kitty Gunderson the Elder)

A8B5D57F-E3DD-4B2D-9B4A-6574BBF2AAAE.jpeg

• Love 19

Thanks to everyone who shared pictures of their beautiful pets. ☺️ My first impulse was to reply to some and say how gorgeous they were, but I don't want to play favorites in this gallery of beloved pets.

My avatar is an Australian Shepard who looks a lot like my blue merle girl, Sushka.

• Love 9

After reading this thread with all these pet pics, I am now getting ads for a robot vacuum that can pick up pet hair.  I know Google records words spoken near my phone to generate ads, but this is next level.  I didn't even post pics of my cantankerous gray tabby Snickers. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

It's been said a Chihuahua is a big dog in a small body. I had to put my beloved Bugsie to sleep over 10 years ago but I an sitting here crying because I miss her. The Bible tells me that there are no tears in Heaven so I know she will be waiting for me.

Oh I'm so sorry about Bugsie. The chihuahua I had owned since I was 11 died 4 years ago, and even though I really do love my new chihuahua, I still miss the other one. They make the best friends, quirks and all. 

• Love 7

@Scarlett45, have you tried a baby foot peel? It’s an at-home treatment where you put your feet in plastic booties filled with exfoliating lotion for 30 min (or thereabouts). Nothing happens immediately but several days later the skin will start peeling off of your feet. It doesn’t hurt but it is pretty gross. I accidentally did one a few weeks ago (I thought it was a regular foot mask) and it definitely helped my winter feet.

• Love 1

I've been intrigued by the baby foot peel but I can't bring myself to do one because I don't know if I could deal with my skin coming off in sheets, even just for a couple days. Ew.

I've done pretty well this winter with a pumice stone and O'Keefe's Healthy Feet and jojoba oil for my nails and cuticles.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, McManda said:

I've been intrigued by the baby foot peel but I can't bring myself to do one because I don't know if I could deal with my skin coming off in sheets, even just for a couple days. Ew.

I've done pretty well this winter with a pumice stone and O'Keefe's Healthy Feet and jojoba oil for my nails and cuticles.

It’s never “peeled off in sheets” for me, which would be pretty gross. It reminds me of the kind of peeling you get with a sunburn. Once my feet started peeling I used exfoliating gloves on them in the shower and that cut down on the ick factor. Sadly my feet are basically hooves and resist normal attempts at moisturizing. 

• Love 3
On 3/29/2019 at 9:15 PM, jcbrown said:

Okay, in the interest of equal time, here is Pixie (nearly four year-old grey tabby oven-worshipper).

IMG_20190301_180752.jpg

And here is Lucy (nearly three year-old black kitty in a sunbeam on a dining room table where she is not supposed to be). 

IMG_20190313_104449 copy.jpg

You have gorgeous cats and I envy your stove!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

@Scarlett45, have you tried a baby foot peel? It’s an at-home treatment where you put your feet in plastic booties filled with exfoliating lotion for 30 min (or thereabouts). Nothing happens immediately but several days later the skin will start peeling off of your feet. It doesn’t hurt but it is pretty gross. I accidentally did one a few weeks ago (I thought it was a regular foot mask) and it definitely helped my winter feet.

Yes I’m going to get some!!

• Love 1

My pictures are too large to upload, so you’ll have to trust that my Stella-cat is darling and clever. We’re meeting her new dog brother tomorrow and I suspect her world will be rocked. We’ve been dogless six months and it is time. I need a walking buddy and this guy needs a home. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I just saw on the news they are bringing out two new Reese's Peanut Butter Cups products. I know I should not be eating too much chocolate because of the Acid Reflux Disease, but I cannot wait to try them out. Yummy, yum, yummy!!!

Btw, does anyone else keep hitting the quote button instead of hitting the edit button?

Edited by bigskygirl
34 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Btw, does anyone else keep hitting the quote button instead of hitting the edit button?

I do all the time. I figured I'd be used to the new format by now, but I guess muscle memory is stronger than I thought. Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

• Love 4

UGH!!! They turn off the water where I live. I know they are working on the wells because of the sand in the pipes and probably getting ready for spring and summer, but I want to take a bath because I feel like crap right now.

I also notice the hot water pressure in the bathtub is low in the morning and takes longer to heat up, but in the evening there is more water pressure and it heats up right away.

18 hours ago, louannems said:

You have gorgeous cats and I envy your stove!

The kitties say thanks! As for the stove, we had a gas line run and bought a 42-inch Wolf dual fuel range when we redid our kitchen four years ago. One of the best decisions we've ever made in this house.

• Love 2

AND my sister’s caregiver just texted me that the washing machine* isn’t working- she says it’s lighting up but giving an error message. I’m waiting on the photo. I hope I can fix this myself, as I do NOT want to spend money on this. Google tells me it’s the door latch?

*this is bad because with my sister we do laundry EVERY SINGLE DAY. Every day. This is worse than the stove breaking. 

(edited)

Good luck with the washing machine. Ours broke down four years ago along with the dryer, and we cannot afford new ones. I do not mind going to the laundromat unless I do not feel good or the roads and/or weather is bad.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

AND my sister’s caregiver just texted me that the washing machine* isn’t working- she says it’s lighting up but giving an error message. I’m waiting on the photo. I hope I can fix this myself, as I do NOT want to spend money on this. Google tells me it’s the door latch?

*this is bad because with my sister we do laundry EVERY SINGLE DAY. Every day. This is worse than the stove breaking. 

Noooooooo!!!! I am freaking out just reading about it. My dryer stopped working this summer, and I was in panic mode. The stars aligned and I was able to get it fixed that day. I tipped the hell out of the guy because I was so grateful. Just getting behind on laundry by one day can throw off everything, and don’t nobody have time to haul off laundry to a laundromat spur of the moment. I hope you get it resolved easily ❤️❤️❤️

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Noooooooo!!!! I am freaking out just reading about it. My dryer stopped working this summer, and I was in panic mode. The stars aligned and I was able to get it fixed that day. I tipped the hell out of the guy because I was so grateful. Just getting behind on laundry by one day can throw off everything, and don’t nobody have time to haul off laundry to a laundromat spur of the moment. I hope you get it resolved easily ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you so much. My sister’s soft Disney Princesses just got cleaned this weekend, she’s got enough sheets to last her a while but I want her to have her dolls clean because they comfort her. I’m just like WHY NOW when I have vacation this month?!! It’s always the way. 

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

My door latch showed an error once, and I stuck the head of a screw driver in it and wiggled it back and forth, sort of prying it apart. The error message went away and all was well.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

My door latch showed an error once, and I stuck the head of a screw driver in it and wiggled it back and forth, sort of prying it apart. The error message went away and all was well.

I will report back once I have investigated. Thanks so much. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

If it's one of those new front loaders, you can also get an error signal if the lint trap is full.  There will be a little door someplace that you open and the trap is screwed in.  Mine gets filled with dog hair and, if I forget to clean it, I get an error message that makes it seem like it's a problem with the door/

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
Just now, doodlebug said:

If it's one of those new front loaders, you can also get an error signal if the lint trap is full.  There will be a little door someplace that you open and the trap is screwed in.  Mine gets filled with dog hair and, if I forget to clean it, I get an error message that makes it seem like it's a problem with the door/

Oh!!! This is a good bit of advice. Lint trap by the washer, got it. 

• Love 2

Bad news is we have a broken water line where I live, and they are working to get it fix. I wonder if it related to snow and cold from February.

Good news is I did fill out our federal tax forms right, and our refund check will be sent out by the end of the week. I thought I mess up the one form you need to fill out if you got assistance to pay for your health insurance. I actually got a headache filling out the state and federal taxes and was ready to burn the forms while I was trying to figure them out. Ha!