Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

Thank you for the birdie cuteness, Christina. Your pictures made me smile. (That Sunny, what a feathered hussy!) 😉 By coincidence, I had just gotten a text message from the woman who took in the lost male budgie I fostered last December. She wanted me to know that he's "the sweetest bird," and she's named him Sky.

• Love 5

Birds of any kind terrify the bejeezus of out me, but those three are pretty cute Christina!  

This has been a crazy Monday.  I woke up to 2 BGE trucks and a firetruck in front of our house.  They eventually all left, but BGE is back with some bigger trucks this evening, and they are so dang loud! 

One of our neighbors has a transportation company for elementary students.  Now this family just purchased the house late last year, but she has no clue as to what they're up to, and they are not disciplined from what we can tell.  As evidence, when I was taking the trash out, a very nice police officer was pulling her son out of the back of her cruiser.  Oops.

And lastly, my laptop was dying a very slow and painful death.  Thankfully, I was able to replace it on Saturday.  For the most part, I like it, but there are a few things I'm not a fan of.  I'll get used to it, but there are just a few stumbling blocks to get over.  

And really lastly, Mr. Six came home with an Amazon package this evening.  He bought me an entire case of satellite wafers.  I'm giddy.  😁  Have a good Monday evening!!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Ha! I was banned by Howard more than once.😆

My goal was to see how much I could skirt around Howard. I was pretty successful at walking the line. Then the last day when everything was shutting down I decided to start a shitstorm (in the Duggar thread of all places) by calling out Howard a tyrant and how sad they must be by losing their little dictatorship when they obviously have nothing else in their life. 😈

I legitimately got banned a minute before the forums went offline. I was like yo Howard, you just proved my point homie.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Then the last day when everything was shutting down I decided to start a shitstorm (in the Duggar thread of all places) by calling out Howard a tyrant and how sad they must be by losing their little dictatorship when they obviously have nothing else in their life. 😈

I remember that.  You had company IIRC.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

My goal was to see how much I could skirt around Howard. I was pretty successful at walking the line. Then the last day when everything was shutting down I decided to start a shitstorm (in the Duggar thread of all places) by calling out Howard a tyrant and how sad they must be by losing their little dictatorship when they obviously have nothing else in their life. 😈

I legitimately got banned a minute before the forums went offline. I was like yo Howard, you just proved my point homie.

Wow.  About a day before those forums went dead, a link appeared on a different forum I read daily for a specific show.  I spent the next 18 hours reading years worth of posts.  From 2006 on...... my head is still spinning.

Seeing the people who said they were banned ..... I would not have lasted too long! 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Ah, TWoP Howard.  I never understood what "boards on boards" meant.

Pretty common complaint, even now.  Don't post your troll posts from one forum on this forum.  Much like people quoting fans on another site to make fun of them on this site. Which too often involves parsing and out of context insults.  

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Pretty common complaint, even now.  Don't post your troll posts from one forum on this forum.  Much like people quoting fans on another site to make fun of them on this site. Which too often involves parsing and out of context insults.  

But I don't think I ever posted the same thing on two different sites.  And I certainly never made fun of anyone. I do know I was "snipped" sometimes, and that was the explanation.  I just never understood what I had done.  Nope, don't miss Howard at all.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Boards on boards essentially means don't talk about the boards themselves on the boards. Don't botch about mods, that sort of stuff. 

I really like our Mods here.  And Howard has made me appreciate them sooo much.  Thank you, Mods.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m glad that I never had to deal with this Howard person. 

You and me both!

2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Sounds like a boss move! You have my respect...

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Ha! I was banned by Howard more than once.😆

Yep.

I was banned twice over there. On the American Idol board (once for boards on boards and once for veering into fangirly territory, though my comment was, frankly, not nearly as OTT as some which had been left to stand). I think I managed about three or four posts each time until the ban hammer fell. I wasn't really aware of the Duggars back then. Not sure who Howard is, but assuming the boards had different Mods, they must all have been cut out of the same cloth.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Me back with friend stories. 

The girl that met a guy who works for MTA. What a liar. I don’t understand why she lies about everything. First she said he dumped her because she wouldn’t have sex with him. Later she said they are back together and... Now she has 2 boyfriends and 2 jobs. 90% sure she is lying about the 2 jobs. Uh... honestly she has been dating him for 5 months at least. How long is he supposed to wait?

grifter falls for a different soulmate every other month and needs to text me constantly about them and what she got as a gift. Her Facebook is even worse. 

I need a real, honest, loyal friend. 

Rant over, good night.

31 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

The girl that met a guy who works for MTA. What a liar. I don’t understand why she lies about everything. First she said he dumped her because she wouldn’t have sex with him. Later she said they are back together and... Now she has 2 boyfriends and 2 jobs. 90% sure she is lying about the 2 jobs. Uh... honestly she has been dating him for 5 months at least. How long is he supposed to wait?

grifter falls for a different soulmate every other month and needs to text me constantly about them and what she got as a gift. Her Facebook is even worse. 

Rant over, good night.

I know someone like that. She is the ultimate drama queen. If I said I broke my leg, she would said she broke both her legs. Her life is so much harder than mine etc. etc. She drains the life out of you. I stay away from her.

40 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Rant over, good night.

Maybe she is secretly a fundie waiting until marriage?😆

• LOL 6
14 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I know someone like that. She is the ultimate drama queen. If I said I broke my leg, she would said she broke both her legs. Her life is so much harder than mine etc. etc. She drains the life out of you. I stay away from her.

sounds like her! her life SUCKS and she has no $.  No $ because no job is good enough for her or pays enough... So she is unemployed. She lives with her parents and yet her life sucks. Try being an orphan and single.

No she is not a fundie she is well over 30 and has a kid in high school. Hence why I don't get her not doing the horizontal polka with beau.  I think I will stop keeping in touch with her frequently or seeing her.  I think its for the best. 

Her lying about everything is what turns me off more than anything. Complaining/whining I can live with :).

• Love 2

I had a weird dream this morning. I would tell all of you what happened in my dream, but it is too weird. My blood test shows I am mild hypothyroid, so another med dosage change, and another blood test in three months. I was told to keep the medication dosage I have been taking since I probably will be in hyperthyroid land in three months. I took a look, and I was mild hypothyroid at the same time last year. My smart and wise endocrinologist said weather changes/weather season changes can cause my thyroid hormones levels to go wacky. I am tempted to ask him if any changes in your levels can cause the patient to have weird dreams. I have heard patients taking a blood pressure med can have weird dreams.

Edited by bigskygirl

At home nursing a cold. I should’ve taken yesterday off but I was trying to be tough, it hurt to breathe and the train ride home was exhausting. Coughing and catching up on my dvr. I hate being sick. 

sick ren and stimpy GIF

• Love 2
7 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

sounds like her! her life SUCKS and she has no $.  No $ because no job is good enough for her or pays enough... So she is unemployed. She lives with her parents and yet her life sucks. Try being an orphan and single.

No she is not a fundie she is well over 30 and has a kid in high school. Hence why I don't get her not doing the horizontal polka with beau.  I think I will stop keeping in touch with her frequently or seeing her.  I think its for the best. 

Her lying about everything is what turns me off more than anything. Complaining/whining I can live with :).

Wowwwww grifter has a kid?! Color me shocked. I always pictured her as a rich (but cut off) perfect ten who was using her status as a hot, single young woman to reel in these guys. Having a kid in high school definitely does not fit the bill! Where is she finding these dudes? I can't find anyone who doesn't run away screaming at the idea of having kids five years down the road, lol! They're probably not the best guys anyway, but geez, I can see why having a friend like that would grate! I can't believe she tells you all about the gifts! She must really be looking for attention. I would be your friend if I lived in NYC!!! We could snark watch counting on together and drink some wine! 👍🏻

Don't want to scam you with bird pictures, but this one turned out so good! It's such a gorgeous day, and this is Woody. He's the one our friend found in his yard!

IMG_0410.JPG

• Love 13
On 3/25/2019 at 2:40 PM, PikaScrewChu said:

I wish it had where I got banned right before the boards were shut down by TWoP Howard.

I had forgotten dear ole TWoP Howard.   Maybe I can forget him again.

On 3/25/2019 at 5:10 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I’m glad that I never had to deal with this Howard person. 

Lucky you.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Wowwwww grifter has a kid?! Color me shocked. I always pictured her as a rich (but cut off) perfect ten who was using her status as a hot, single young woman to reel in these guys. Having a kid in high school definitely does not fit the bill! Where is she finding these dudes? I can't find anyone who doesn't run away screaming at the idea of having kids five years down the road, lol! They're probably not the best guys anyway, but geez, I can see why having a friend like that would grate! I can't believe she tells you all about the gifts! She must really be looking for attention. I would be your friend if I lived in NYC!!! We could snark watch counting on together and drink some wine! 👍🏻

Don't want to scam you with bird pictures, but this one turned out so good! It's such a gorgeous day, and this is Woody. He's the one our friend found in his yard!

IMG_0410.JPG

Woody, you are one handsome dude. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

IMG_0410.JPG

Keep posting bird pics! I love them. I love dog/cat pics too. 

There are 2 grifters. #1 has no kid and no job. #2 has a kid and allegedly 2 boyfriends and 2 jobs (rolls eyes).

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Keep posting bird pics! I love them. I love dog/cat pics too. 

There are 2 grifters. #1 has no kid and no job. #2 has a kid and allegedly 2 boyfriends and 2 jobs (rolls eyes).

How do you know two of them?! Guess it's just (un) luck of the draw! I know a girl who would fit right in with them, but thankfully we went to high school together, and the only place I see her is on Facebook. You should introduce your grifter friends to the duggars, and they could give them some tips! Any grifter could learn good skills from the duggars. 

I love dog and cat pics too! People should definitely post them. 😃

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

How do you know two of them?! Guess it's just (un) luck of the draw! I know a girl who would fit right in with them, but thankfully we went to high school together, and the only place I see her is on Facebook. You should introduce your grifter friends to the duggars, and they could give them some tips! Any grifter could learn good skills from the duggars. 

I love dog and cat pics too! People should definitely post them. 😃

Met them at school... Yeah my luck with decent friends is non existent. 

• LOL 1

Our present two...This was taken when we first got Cora as a 10 year old rescue and she got brave enough, about three days later, to finally climb up on Mr Jyn's lap. Onyx, who we had since he was about 8 weeks old, and was about 7 or 8 years old here, is totally feeling perplexed. Our older cat, Meices, had passed away at a couple of weeks shy of her 18th birthday a month or two before, and even though we were not quite ready to replace her, and were thinking of maybe finding another cat in the 3-5 year range eventually, Cora was just the one! I just love that WTF look on Onyx's face, though LOL. They get along reasonably well these days, though both will have their moments of trying to attack and swat the other. And while Cora still acts like a kitten much of the time, Onyx is happy to sleep, eat and snore. I think he's up at least another 5 lb since this was taken. Ah, well. He's a happy boy. 

A more recent photo of Cora is in my Avatar.

Oh, and while I'm at it, here's my puppy, Pippin (also about 10 years old) doing his impression of "The Prince(ess) and the Pea".

12742129_10153833104312778_4933962445237778114_n.jpg

15327430_10154679153807778_2402468645648870728_n.jpg

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 21

I'm not sure how to send pictures, so here goes.  These are my two girls.  The Tuxedo is Lilly.  She is 4 years old and not very smart.  She will be minus the rest of her back teeth this time next week.  I'm guessing everything behind her front teeth.  She will not be happy, but I know she is in pain now.  The kitten is Flora, who is a silver tabby and white.  Almost the perfect cat; unfortunately she is insane when it comes to food.  She is now on a diet, as she weights more than the "big" cat.  Both are rescues from a local shelter, and, thankfully, Lilly was very accepting when Flora moved in.  They really get along well.

Lilly.jpg

Flora.jpg

• Love 21
26 minutes ago, Zella said:

Love seeing everyone's pets! 🙂

However, it's Claudius' world. We only live in it. 😂

Claudius.jpg

He looks so serious. It’s always the small dogs who are the take charge guys while the Labs and such are just happy-go-lucky goofballs. I love them all!

i can never get enough of seeing everyone’s critters. A solid half of my Instagram feed is all cats and dogs. People definitely come second. 

• Love 9
On 3/28/2019 at 9:25 AM, bigskygirl said:

I have heard patients taking a blood pressure med can have weird dreams.

I have had medicine induced nightmares, for sure. Always with a medicine I haven't taken before, and when I stop the medicine, the nightmares stop too.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

He looks so serious. It’s always the small dogs who are the take charge guys

He thinks he's a 10-foot-tall Rottweiler! 😂

He's a real sweetheart underneath it all, though. 🙂

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

He looks so serious. It’s always the small dogs who are the take charge guys while the Labs and such are just happy-go-lucky goofballs. I love them all!

i can never get enough of seeing everyone’s critters. A solid half of my Instagram feed is all cats and dogs. People definitely come second. 

Follow Cole and Marmalade! I have special fondness for them since I also had a Marmalade boy. 😻

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I have had medicine induced nightmares, for sure. 

I had terribly bad dreams while taking Nexium, Aciphex or Prilosec.  Also total body rash.  The reactions started while taking the first med, became worse when I tried the second, and became outrageous when I tried the third.  Never again!

• Love 2

This is our grand puppy Willis. He is staying with us this week while his daddies are away. He was celebrating the new year hence the digital hat. He is a boxer/basset mix. His littermate Gabby passed in August. She was a sweetheart. And also the head b*tch in charge. It took Willis a while to find himself but he is happy and affectionate. 

D057361B-75C8-489B-B146-D50E6BFB0F50.jpeg

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

This is our grand puppy Willis. He is staying with us this week while his daddies are away. He was celebrating the new year hence the digital hat. He is a boxer/basset mix. His littermate Gabby passed in August. She was a sweetheart. And also the head b*tch in charge. It took Willis a while to find himself but he is happy and affectionate. 

That's an awesome hat he's rocking! 😉

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Sweet doggo. Would pet excessively. 

• Love 6

Okay, in the interest of equal time, here is Pixie (nearly four year-old grey tabby oven-worshipper).

IMG_20190301_180752.jpg

And here is Lucy (nearly three year-old black kitty in a sunbeam on a dining room table where she is not supposed to be). 

IMG_20190313_104449 copy.jpg

Edited by jcbrown
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
14 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Okay, in the interest of equal time, here is Pixie (nearly four year-old grey tabby oven-worshipper).

IMG_20190301_180752.jpg

And here is Lucy (nearly three year-old black kitty in a sunbeam on a dining room table where she is not supposed to be). 

IMG_20190313_104449 copy.jpg

Love your kitties! You can tell they're spoiled af. 😁

• Love 4