Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

If you are using both your time and money to make food for a party, then you should be compensated in some way--an invite, straight cash, or some other kind of gift.  

Well there’s no compensation except my knowing that I did something nice for a friend. I just thought it was weird that I wasn’t invited. I have just spent a hour prepping and my friend will be here in a hour to help (although I must say it will go a lot faster if I just do it myself). She can make the caprese salad skewers. I’m supplying the fancy skewers. 

Sorry for posting about this. It was just niggling at me. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m not sure where to post this, but I count on y’all to give me a correction or understanding. 

Two days ago my friend called me excited because they are having a painting party for her niece’s birthday tonight.  I know the whole family. She was asked to bring enough party/finger foods for 12 people. She asked if I’d help. She enlisted my help because her budget is too low (as in she’s just bringing a bar of cream cheese for all that I’m making) and she’s not too handy in the kitchen. Her family knows me as the cook (ha ha, I’m probably just average but 100 X better than Jill Duggar). So we went over the menu with me supplying a fair bit of the food. She is coming over in 3 hours for me to do all the cooking. Think a homemade cheese ball, cream puffs, deviled eggs and caprese salad skewers. Now this should take me a few hours and then there’s clean up etc. Am I wrong to think that it’s strange that I didn’t get invited to the party although I’m doing the cooking and supplying a fair bit of the food? 

Not at all!  I think it is incredibly rude and very much taking advantage of your goodwill and talent (and $).  Hey friend of mine, I got no $ and no skills and since you know me, make all this jazz for my party but NO, you cannot come.  She has turned you into a free caterer.  Awful manners.

• Love 16
Just now, Natalie68 said:

Not at all!  I think it is incredibly rude and very much taking advantage of your goodwill and talent (and $).  Hey friend of mine, I got no $ and no skills and since you know me, make all this jazz for my party but NO, you cannot come.  She has turned you into a free caterer.  Awful manners.

I agree, at the very least, she or one of the hosts, should be paying for the groceries you're supplying.  Presenting her with copies of the receipts so she can write you a check would not be out of line, IMO.  If she gets offended, I don't think you've lost much.  It takes some really big cojones to expect someone to pay for and prepare the food for a party to which they are not invited.

My sister is a wonderful, inventive cook and she loves planning parties, doing menus and trying new things.  Although she is not a caterer professionally, she has been asked to do food for various neighbors and friends for their parties.  At the very least, she expects to be paid for the food and supplies, although, if she's invited to the event and a gift would be in order, she does the prep as part of her gift.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Zella said:

He ended up marrying one of my other classmates, who was a real uberbitch. His personality changed overnight as soon as they started dating. He no longer even has a sense of humor because he now has her personality? It is weird. I feel like he was probably sketchier than I originally thought but I didn't see it at first, and I dodged a bullet. So, maybe I should thank the hashtags? 😎

Long story alert...for those of you who like long stories... 😜

Ahhhhh I hate when that happens!!! I liked a guy in college, but then he started dating this bitchy girl the next year, and completely changed into a grade A jerk. I always wondered what could have happened, though, and figured he'd marry he really because they seemed serious. 

Fast forward five-ish years after graduation, and he moved to my city. The girl was ancient history, and he admitted he'd always liked me, and wanted to go on a date. I was soooo excited!!! We texted a lot, and he seemed to have his old personality back. However it was strange, because he suggested we go out before he met his parents for church one morning. I was like...that's not a normal time for a date. He argued with me, and then disappeared. 

Over maybe a year or two, this guy would intermittently reappear when I was single, and we'd text a while, and then he'd say his job kept him insane hours, and we'd have to go out at 1 am or something. I'd tell him no way, I had a job I had to be up for, and that was sketchy anyway. Finally I got to the point that when he'd reappear, I'd say upfront, "we are going on a dinner date soon, or I'm not talking to you." He agreed and then backed out, so I started ignoring his texts. 

Maybe a couple months after that last time we talked, he sent me a text and asked if I'd mind if he moved into my apartment complex. I was with my ex at the time, but I told him it was fine, and I'd like seeing a friendly face around. Then he said he was married, and hoped I would respect that. My mind was kind of blown, and I asked him how he met someone, got engaged, and got married in the last two or three months. He went BALLISTIC, saying I was judging him, and I had no right to talk because I turned him down and got in a relationship with someone else, etc. I went on his Facebook page, and there was zero sign of a girl, period. There were also no remarks like, "congrats, dude, on your marriage." He came across like a totally single guy! I told him I didn't believe him, and asked for him to send me a picture from the wedding. I really thought he was trying to make a jealous! He got SUPER defensive, and said a lot of rude things. I told him I felt bad for his "wife," if she existed, because there was no trace of her on his Facebook. 

So I just googled him, and up came a wedding page!!! I found out he had been with this girl THE WHOLE TIME!!! He'd been married almost a year, and had been with this girl for years, since slightly after college!!! It made me feel completely sick at my stomach, since I did send him some suggestive texts (thankfully I was smart enough not to send pics though!). But I had no idea I was helping him cheat!

i confronted him, and his answer was, "we broke up for a week one time, and I asked you out during that week. So ONE of my date invitations was while I was single." I had such a great time telling him off! It still turns my stomach just to think about it  

WHAT A PRINCE!!!

so Zella, moral of the story...any dude that takes on his bitchy girlfriend's behavior is probably not a good guy! 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m not sure where to post this, but I count on y’all to give me a correction or understanding. 

Two days ago my friend called me excited because they are having a painting party for her niece’s birthday tonight.  I know the whole family. She was asked to bring enough party/finger foods for 12 people. She asked if I’d help. She enlisted my help because her budget is too low (as in she’s just bringing a bar of cream cheese for all that I’m making) and she’s not too handy in the kitchen. Her family knows me as the cook (ha ha, I’m probably just average but 100 X better than Jill Duggar). So we went over the menu with me supplying a fair bit of the food. She is coming over in 3 hours for me to do all the cooking. Think a homemade cheese ball, cream puffs, deviled eggs and caprese salad skewers. Now this should take me a few hours and then there’s clean up etc. Am I wrong to think that it’s strange that I didn’t get invited to the party although I’m doing the cooking and supplying a fair bit of the food? 

I agree with everyone that you should be invited, or at least reimbursed! That seems really crappy to me. And I will say, I laughed when you said 100x better than Jill duggar! I bet it's more like 1,000!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

This gets a hard OH HELL NO! from me (and I thought that before I got to the last sentence).

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

OK. It’s over (the Bday party cooking) and this will be the last time that I bother y’all about this. My friend just left so I only had to prep and cook for 6 hours. She did bring asparagus (the really good thick ones) that I wrapped in procuitto and then roasted for 12 minutes. (I wasn’t expecting to add this to or cook it, but I did). I also made the homemade cream puffs with a Kahula cream filling, the caprese skewers (boiled down the balsamic with port wine or make a tasty sauce) and  a homemade cheese log covered in cruched pecan nuts. (My kids have pecan trees and more often than not I pick them for cooking when I’m not saving some for the critters in the dead of winter). She did say that she appreciated what I did, and it was heartfelt. I guess sometimes you have to let go of your expectations and be joyful that you really have a good friend who sincerely was grateful that you helped her. Life’s learning lessons. 

• Love 21

Does anyone on here have problems with the ptv pages jumping? By that I mean, I'll scroll to a topic I want to read and the page then "shifts", usually down and I end up in the topic I was previously in or one of the site ads. It's really super annoying, and it seems like no matter what I do, I get the page shift.

Anyone else notice this or have this problem with this site? Only me? 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, beckie said:

Does anyone on here have problems with the ptv pages jumping? By that I mean, I'll scroll to a topic I want to read and the page then "shifts", usually down and I end up in the topic I was previously in or one of the site ads. It's really super annoying, and it seems like no matter what I do, I get the page shift.

Anyone else notice this or have this problem with this site? Only me? 

Always! Very irritating. Gets much worse when people post a lot of pictures.

11 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

She should have at least paid for all the food.  I would have politely asked to be compensated or said no. 

P.S. I just finished reading all the responses. It took you 6 hours! I wouldn’t have done it.

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 6

Have any of you guys done that Florida Man challenge? It's the one where you enter "Florida man + your birthdate" in the Google search bar and see what pops up? Who knew there was so much craziness in one State.

July 27th (mine): Florida Man arrested for trying to carjack vehicle with cop inside

May 27th (my husband's): Florida Man arrested for grand theft after trying to walk out of store with AK-47's stuffed down his pants. 

August 8th (my sister's): Florida Man shoots Facebook friend in buttocks after political argument.

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Long story alert...for those of you who like long stories... 😜

Ahhhhh I hate when that happens!!! I liked a guy in college, but then he started dating this bitchy girl the next year, and completely changed into a grade A jerk. I always wondered what could have happened, though, and figured he'd marry he really because they seemed serious. 

Fast forward five-ish years after graduation, and he moved to my city. The girl was ancient history, and he admitted he'd always liked me, and wanted to go on a date. I was soooo excited!!! We texted a lot, and he seemed to have his old personality back. However it was strange, because he suggested we go out before he met his parents for church one morning. I was like...that's not a normal time for a date. He argued with me, and then disappeared. 

Over maybe a year or two, this guy would intermittently reappear when I was single, and we'd text a while, and then he'd say his job kept him insane hours, and we'd have to go out at 1 am or something. I'd tell him no way, I had a job I had to be up for, and that was sketchy anyway. Finally I got to the point that when he'd reappear, I'd say upfront, "we are going on a dinner date soon, or I'm not talking to you." He agreed and then backed out, so I started ignoring his texts. 

Maybe a couple months after that last time we talked, he sent me a text and asked if I'd mind if he moved into my apartment complex. I was with my ex at the time, but I told him it was fine, and I'd like seeing a friendly face around. Then he said he was married, and hoped I would respect that. My mind was kind of blown, and I asked him how he met someone, got engaged, and got married in the last two or three months. He went BALLISTIC, saying I was judging him, and I had no right to talk because I turned him down and got in a relationship with someone else, etc. I went on his Facebook page, and there was zero sign of a girl, period. There were also no remarks like, "congrats, dude, on your marriage." He came across like a totally single guy! I told him I didn't believe him, and asked for him to send me a picture from the wedding. I really thought he was trying to make a jealous! He got SUPER defensive, and said a lot of rude things. I told him I felt bad for his "wife," if she existed, because there was no trace of her on his Facebook. 

So I just googled him, and up came a wedding page!!! I found out he had been with this girl THE WHOLE TIME!!! He'd been married almost a year, and had been with this girl for years, since slightly after college!!! It made me feel completely sick at my stomach, since I did send him some suggestive texts (thankfully I was smart enough not to send pics though!). But I had no idea I was helping him cheat!

i confronted him, and his answer was, "we broke up for a week one time, and I asked you out during that week. So ONE of my date invitations was while I was single." I had such a great time telling him off! It still turns my stomach just to think about it  

WHAT A PRINCE!!!

so Zella, moral of the story...any dude that takes on his bitchy girlfriend's behavior is probably not a good guy! 

Ugh, Christina, he sounds like such a jerk! And yeah mine I think was a jerk deep-down. I guess he just needed someone to push him over the edge. 

What was weird was he actually seemed a lot more interested in me and barely seemed to notice she was alive our first year in that program. I could tell she was a psycho because she obviously had a crush on him, too, and flipped out when he sat next to me in a class, even though they weren't dating. I felt like I was in middle school! Anyway, summer happened, and they were a couple at the beginning of the next fall semester.

I suspect their marriage is . . . not happy. They actually don't live together (due to work). They're 2 hours away from each other and randomly got married last year after living together for years right before she accepted the job away from him. I never got the vibe that either one of them believed in marriage, and my theory--which friends who know both of them agreed with--is the marriage was her way of marking her territory in her absence. I know marriages that survive being long distance, but I'm not so sure about this one. 

The weirdest part to me is he's in a Ph.D. program in a major metro area and she left to get a tenure track job at a small university in a fairly remote area. I know what a bitch academic job hunts are and cannot fathom what the plan is when he finishes in 2-3 years. Is it to wrangle him a job at her little college? Is it for her to quit her tenure-track job as he ends up God knows where? Are they both going to pull up roots and relocate when he graduates? My mind is boggled.

And apologies for the gothic novel.

Don't get me started on their wedding. Yes, I judged the fucking hell out of the pictures. 😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Ugh, Christina, he sounds like such a jerk! And yeah mine I think was a jerk deep-down. I guess he just needed someone to push him over the edge. 

What was weird was he actually seemed a lot more interested in me and barely seemed to notice she was alive our first year in that program. I could tell she was a psycho because she obviously had a crush on him, too, and flipped out when he sat next to me in a class, even though they weren't dating. I felt like I was in middle school! Anyway, summer happened, and they were a couple at the beginning of the next fall semester.

I suspect their marriage is . . . not happy. They actually don't live together (due to work). They're 2 hours away from each other and randomly got married last year after living together for years right before she accepted the job away from him. I never got the vibe that either one of them believed in marriage, and my theory--which friends who know both of them agreed with--is the marriage was her way of marking her territory in her absence. I know marriages that survive being long distance, but I'm not so sure about this one. 

The weirdest part to me is he's in a Ph.D. program in a major metro area and she left to get a tenure track job at a small university in a fairly remote area. I know what a bitch academic job hunts are and cannot fathom what the plan is when he finishes in 2-3 years. Is it to wrangle him a job at her little college? Is it for her to quit her tenure-track job as he ends up God knows where? Are they both going to pull up roots and relocate when he graduates? My mind is boggled.

And apologies for the gothic novel.

Don't get me started on their wedding. Yes, I judged the fucking hell out of the pictures. 😂😂😂😂😂

Ohhhhh wowwww!!!! That sounds like a BIG mess! I feel like you are about to see karma as that relationship unravels. I know what you mean about the academic job searches! I have a friend who actually is dating her former professor. They didn't start dating until after she graduated, but she's going for her Ph.D., and for various reasons, he started teaching high school instead of college. That will definitely help them when she is searching for a job! Also, their specialty is very specific, and not offered at most colleges. 

But wow. I bet she is marking her territory! That whole thing is so strange to me. She sounds immature, and he sounds insecure since he's going along with it. I predict they stay together until he's done with school, and then it will be very, very interesting to see what happens!

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Ohhhhh wowwww!!!! That sounds like a BIG mess! I feel like you are about to see karma as that relationship unravels. I know what you mean about the academic job searches! I have a friend who actually is dating her former professor. They didn't start dating until after she graduated, but she's going for her Ph.D., and for various reasons, he started teaching high school instead of college. That will definitely help them when she is searching for a job! Also, their specialty is very specific, and not offered at most colleges. 

But wow. I bet she is marking her territory! That whole thing is so strange to me. She sounds immature, and he sounds insecure since he's going along with it. I predict they stay together until he's done with school, and then it will be very, very interesting to see what happens!

They're also both in weirdly specific fields (and not lucrative ones). Honestly, I think switching to high school for one of them would make more sense, job-wise.

Actually, he didn't even want a Ph.D.! It was news to me when he applied since that was always something he was complaining about when he'd talk to me. I can't believe how spineless he was in surrendering his entire personality. 

I'm curious how long their relationship will last. I'd be sort of surprised if it lasts until he graduates, though I could also see it making it until then and fizzling out as they try to figure out what to do next. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 3/16/2019 at 9:47 AM, doodlebug said:

Loughlin's daughters got into USC by pretending they were talented members of a high school crew team who planned to join the college crew.  Apparently, both of them posed in skulls (the boats for crew) wearing team uniforms for pictures to be submitted with their applications.  If they didn't think there was something fishy about that, then they are even dumber than we thought.  Both of them have now withdrawn from USC, ostensibly because they are worried about bullying.  I dunno, I think if you're a cheater and someone calls you out on it; it is not so much bullying as honesty.  But, I suppose they're beyond being embarrassed at this point.

Felicity Huffman's kid actually had a 400 point improvement in her SAT's from the first time she took them with no help to the second where she got extra time and then the so-called proctor went back and corrected some of her wrong answers.  Once again, if she really thought she'd done that much better without any specific preparation; she must be pretty dumb.

There are also FBI transcripts where people talk about the fake proctors sitting down next to the kid taking the test and going over the questions and answering them right then and there rather than going back later.

I think that, while it might not be provable, a lot of these kids did know their parents put the fix in for them to go to the college of their choice.  It's the fact that most of the kids were minors and it was the parent writing the checks that got the kids off the hook, IMO.

They didn’t even bother to pose on a rowing boat, just a rowing machine. 

On 3/17/2019 at 12:07 PM, ChiCricket said:

From one hurting Barb to another,  I thought I'd post a little humor.

"CHRONIC ILLNESS BINGO

What better to lighten the mood than a game? Next time you are at a gathering with friends or relatives that give you a hard time, simply bring this card and play Chronic Illness BINGO… see if you can fill a line, or even the whole board. You get to check off a space every time someone says one of these things to you." 😁

(I'm sure I've said some of this stuff to other people when I was young and healthy, and trying to be sympathetic, btw.)

Ps..I think our name is just about obsolete....I can't remember the last time I heard of a baby "Barbara." ❤

Screenshot_20190316-224952.jpg

I get plenty of sleep! A good 18 hours a day. I’m on (adjunct dose) seroquel. I don’t have the time to be depressed anymore! Thanks Seroquel®!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Okay, so happy dance in our family.  Oldest Grandson got into his first choice college. And guess what, no one bought him any grades/scores, etc. It was all his hard work.  I'll bet that is way more satisfying than the Huffman/Macy or Aunt Becky children!!

• Love 23

Hahahahaha I saw this, and it reminded me so much of our discussion the other day! 😂😂😂 and I am definitely guilty of this to a tee! Fellow long winded people, unite!

and @lookeyloo, congratulations to your grandson!!! That is SUCH an exciting "season of life!" I hope there will be a lot of celebrating this weekend!

IMG_0157.PNG

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Christina87 said:

Hahahahaha I saw this, and it reminded me so much of our discussion the other day! 😂😂😂 and I am definitely guilty of this to a tee! Fellow long winded people, unite!

and @lookeyloo, congratulations to your grandson!!! That is SUCH an exciting "season of life!" I hope there will be a lot of celebrating this weekend!

IMG_0157.PNG

That is how Mr. lookeyloo tells a story!  I keep saying "cut to the chase" and he says "I'm getting there" and I say "get there faster"!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

IMG_0157.PNG

This is totally me! I always tell people I tell a 30 second story in 20 minutes!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

This is totally me! I always tell people I tell a 30 second story in 20 minutes!

Me too! I have one friend, though, who would put us both to shame. He has to tell absolutely everything that happens to him, with the full backstory and all. I only see him once every few months, so you can imagine what that's like! I always think, "at least I'm not as bad as him!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Don't know where this fits exactly, but I read this article today about a REAL medical mission- https://www.timescolonist.com/islander/island-surgical-team-making-a-difference-in-guatemala-1.23658574?fbclid=IwAR22dBvQMMLAmrnIueolwinbEDOkzkOIV0FUx9ex1DMc6swF7lNNljJ5OLw  It was wonderful to read what a difference they're making in Guatemala.  The Dullards and their interpretive dance and dumdums could only hope to even scratch the surface.  

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Me too! I have one friend, though, who would put us both to shame. He has to tell absolutely everything that happens to him, with the full backstory and all. I only see him once every few months, so you can imagine what that's like! I always think, "at least I'm not as bad as him!"

Almost every time I begin to tell a story to either Mr Jyn or our kids, two seconds in I get that, "get to the point!" hand motion. None of them has any patience for backstory or filler. Personally, I kind of like having a setting explained to me, all the better to be able to imagine something, or understand how it came to be.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Florida man worried about vampires intentionally burns down his house.

I think this is my favorite! My dad and stepmom have a neighbor (not in Florida) who called police to say she wouldn't leave her house because 50 ninjas were in the yard. . . . 

I tried Florida Woman for my birthday and just got a really gruesome story about a woman murdering her child. 😞 

I thought about our dream conversation on here a couple of weeks ago. I'm on another online forum where there's been some drama because someone was banned and others were also threatened with being banned. Cue me having a dream about being banned . . . and asking Doug Stamper from House of Cards to look into it for me and get me reinstated. I think it might be the worst decision I've ever made in a dream. 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Christina87 said:

IMG_0157.PNG

This is me in person but I do not have the energy to write it all down. You’re welcome. 🙂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

My birthday: Naked man on drugs falsely claimed he planted bomb in Daytona Beach airport

My oldest kid: Florida man attacked by a ‘crazy squirrel’ gone nuts. And it was raised by a neighbor

My youngest: Florida man convicted of killing former FSU mascot in gumbo spice dispute

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, EVS said:

My youngest: Florida man convicted of killing former FSU mascot in gumbo spice dispute

I had to look this one up. So much to unpack there. 

This paragraph just--I don't have words, except that I felt like a bad person for it, but I laughed until I cried while reading it:

Thompson and Halley began arguing about how many spices to add to the gumbo they were making at Buddy's Seafood Market. The argument quickly escalated into a physical altercation involving a two-by-four and a pocket knife. The pair separated, but Thompson is accused of starting up the fight again, this time with a decorative sword. Halley tried to defend himself with a mop handle

Who are these people and why do they all live in Florida?!?!

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

This paragraph just--I don't have words, except that I felt like a bad person for it, but I laughed until I cried while reading it:

The laughing emoji is way too subdued for some things!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

The Daily Show did a good segment on Florida Man. Basically it comes down to court documents being accessible to reporters, third largest population in the country, and the sad state of mental health care in this country. (You can also watch the segment on Youtube).

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

The Daily Show did a good segment on Florida Man. Basically it comes down to court documents being accessible to reporters, third largest population in the country, and the sad state of mental health care in this country. (You can also watch the segment on Youtube).

Then throw in the nearly unbearable heat and humidity for much of the year. Some people may get accustomed to it over the years, but for others it produces a chronic low-level state of irritation and anxiety which carries over into impulsive or hostile behavior.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Zella said:

Because nuts always roll downhill. Not all end up in Florida some end up in Texas, 3rd generation Texan here.

Edited by crazycatlady58
Wanted to be clear.
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

I hope they can figure out what is going on with the hot water in the bathtub because washing your hair with cold water is not fun along with waiting patiently for the bathtub to fill up with water to bathe. I should not complain because there are people who have it a lot worse off than I do, but it is still a little frustrating especially after we got a new water heater last year.

52 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I hope they can figure out what is going on with the hot water in the bathtub because washing your hair with cold water is not fun along with waiting patiently for the bathtub to fill up with water to bathe. I should not complain because there are people who have it a lot worse off than I do, but it is still a little frustrating especially after we got a new water heater last year.

I have the same dang problem. So I try to get my hair washed first, but I’d love to lay back, relax and let hot water trickle in for warmth. I grok it. 

• Love 2
On 3/22/2019 at 2:43 PM, lookeyloo said:

Okay, so happy dance in our family.  Oldest Grandson got into his first choice college. And guess what, no one bought him any grades/scores, etc. It was all his hard work.  I'll bet that is way more satisfying than the Huffman/Macy or Aunt Becky children!!

And none of you will be going to jail! (hopefully)😁

Congrats to him. 😊

• Love 5
On 3/22/2019 at 2:48 PM, lookeyloo said:

That is how Mr. lookeyloo tells a story!  I keep saying "cut to the chase" and he says "I'm getting there" and I say "get there faster"!!!

My husband is the same way. Added bonus? He always decides to start these long-ass stories when I am on the phone (never fails.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

A little bit of birdie cuteness to brighten your day! ☀️☀️☀️ It's a gorgeous Sunday here in NC! Birdies have spent a lot of time outside. These two are a couple, and are grooming each other. Never mind that yesterday, lucky (the guy) had sex with another female, and was back kissing his girlfriend ten seconds later! Tale as old as time...girlfriend won't put out, so he cheats. 😢 Crazy birdies!

IMG_0296.PNG

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

My husband got a good used computer monitor for my computer, and he set it up yesterday. So far, so good. Maybe he was tired of me talking about not being able to use the computer. Ha!

Glad to see you back! 🙂

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Christina87 said:

A little bit of birdie cuteness to brighten your day! ☀️☀️☀️ It's a gorgeous Sunday here in NC! Birdies have spent a lot of time outside. These two are a couple, and are grooming each other. Never mind that yesterday, lucky (the guy) had sex with another female, and was back kissing his girlfriend ten seconds later! Tale as old as time...girlfriend won't put out, so he cheats. 😢 Crazy birdies!

IMG_0296.PNG

It seems that Lucky was aptly named!

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

wish it had where I got banned right before the boards were shut down by TWoP Howard

Ohhhh ... that's a name I hadn't heard in awhile (and can't say I missed). We got into it pretty bad once, over their "boards on board rule" which was basically became "whatever Howard says". Talk about power tripping. 🙄 I wonder what happened to Howard? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1