Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

As an Ericole fan, I'm so hating the maligning of Eric.  I know the actor probably doesn't want to come back anytime soon, but having Eric keep disappointing Nicole, with apparently no concern that he's doing so, is going to make it next to impossible for them to ever reunite and be happy.  I wish they'd just have Eric die, so that Nicole can get angry, and mourn him, but be open to a future reconciliation, if the show continues long enough for that to happen.  And by killing Eric off, at least she wouldn't be cheating on him, when she eventually gets with Rafe.   

Speaking of Rafe, I didn't miss him when he was gone, or Gabi either, however I do like their brother/sister vibe.  It reminds me a little of Mike/Jen all those years back.

16 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Emily as Tiffany is gold.

It was.   The red hair really suited her too.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

So according to today's show, Gwen is 30 or so.

During the ep, I had counted her being 33 but I now have no idea where I got that from.

The flashbacks were everything. So terrible in the funnest way. EO is such a gift to this show. Also, her British accent finding it's way in every once in awhile was cracking me up. CM and MM were absolutely terrible but I felt like they were doing it on purpose so it was comedy gold.

ETA: Oh, I forgot my fave part: Tiffany not even knowing exactly how old her daughter is lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

During the ep, I had counted her being 33 but I now have no idea where I got that from.

Laura said Tiffany showed up 25 years ago and Tiffany said that Gwen was 8 years old.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

How did McClain, Miller & O’Brien keep a straight face with those cringe worthy flashbacks? Although, McClain’s impersonation of Linda Evans as Krystle was very well done. Very 80’s! I’m not sure who Miller was channeling though. It was really bad. IMO!!! 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Rafael said:

Is it the same Vern who ended up getting married to Jo Johnson.?

Yes the same one. Speaking of Jo I know the original actress passed but the character is alive has she been referenced at all by any of her children? Guess not.

Regardless I haven't been watching but reading all this makes me glad I'm not and also that MR's version of Jennifer and JJ aren't around for this mess at all. Small Favors.

• Love 5

I'm not sure if it was the show's intent, but I feel as if today's installment with Laura reinforced the reason why the woman was institutionalized for so many years. In fact, I think Bayview is still calling.  What the heck kind of zany rationale did she spill today? I mean, to recap, a former lover of her ex-son-in-law shows up at the door looking for child support for their ONS love child, conceived long before her daughter and ex-son-in-law met. Instead of giving the man a chance to know his own daughter, she pays off the ex-lover in the hopes that her daughter, who is getting ready to marry another man, will reconcile with him.  I can only hope that this story ends with Laura admitting that she was still in love with Jack and thus the one who was really jealous of Tiffany and then being carted back to the mental hospital.  How cruel and depraved to deny an innocent child (which Gwen was at that time) not only knowing her father but having a real parent after her mother died. Laura didn't even express any remorse at the memory of learning Gwen would have been orphaned.  

Also, someone get Ron a time machine because I think he mixed up the decades. That sweater "Jennifer" was wearing was not 90s fashion and the hair style was actually Jenn's 80s do, not 90s.  For the visuals...

Jennifer and Frankie in the mid 80s:

d93a70f5fe98b2bef159dfdc01603bc8.jpg

Jennifer (with hubby Peter, recast Jack, and Laura) in the mid 90s:

season-30-pictured-jason-brooks-as-peter

3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Woah!  They mentioned Peter!

I know, right! I was surprised too...and then I remembered Missy Reeves isn't around. 😁

• Love 12

Peter has been mentioned before on this show even with MR around I don't get why people act like this is suddenly a surprise... we just haven't seen him since the 90s.

This shouldn't have been Laura's story this whole thing is something Angelica would've done(If Harper didn't do it first) but they killed her off(yeah I know its Days but they insist on keeping this character dead when she would've been more useful alive compared to other characters they have resurrected).

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Peter has been mentioned before on this show even with MR around I don't get why people act like this is suddenly a surprise... we just haven't seen him since the 90s.

This shouldn't have been Laura's story this whole thing is something Angelica would've done(If Harper didn't do it first) but they killed her off(yeah I know its Days but they insist on keeping this character dead when she would've been more useful alive compared to other characters they have resurrected).

The joke about Peter stems from the real life rumors (and quite likely) of an affair between MR and JB who played Peter. Missy's abrupt leaving of the show/breaking contract at that time cemented the story.  While Peter is mentioned once in a while, there was a long time when he was the name never to be uttered.   

I agree, Harper and Angelica make far more sense in this story.  But alas now it seems their names are being avoided. That story yesterday about secretary Gladys and now Laura's looney explanation today are just lame. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Harper would have done what Laura said that she did today.  Anjelica would not have done this though. I don't see her depriving Jack of his child.  This is a woman who pressured Kayla to marry Jack  to make him happy and she hated Kayla. Ron killing her off was short-sighted and stupid. Ron is a hack and I could see Anjelica pushing Jack into politics and using that to separate him from Jennifer. Anjelica would have tormented Adrienne because of Alexander not because of Justin. Anjelica would not have continued to fixate on Justin after all of these years..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Laura said Tiffany showed up 25 years ago and Tiffany said that Gwen was 8 years old.

Okay, so that means Gwen was born around 1988 when Jack was still a jerk and sleeping with prostitutes & cocktail waitresses. I think he met Jennifer in 1989, right? And Abby was born in 1992. Surprisingly, RC kept to the show's known timeline and history when concocting this latest long-lost-kid storyline. But I still don't buy that Laura was hanging out at J&J's house in 1996, because wasn't she still institutionalized at that time? 

I kind of understand Gwen lashing out at Jack because she still believes he didn't want her in his life, but I wish he had pushed back more when she dredged up his history. I was especially annoyed when Gwen said that Jo chose Adrienne over Jack, because Adrienne wasn't even born when the boys were placed in the orphanage (right?). 

Someone in an earlier post described Gwen as a "mischievous villain" and I like her like that. But I wonder, given her genes, if she could turn into an outright villain like grandpa Duke Johnson. A while ago I thought it could be interesting if Joey or Tripp ended up as the bad seed of the Johnson family, but it doesn't look like that will happen. Gwen could become the holy terror of this generation of the Johnson/Deveraux family considering she is overflowing with anger & resentment and she has already poisoned her sister. 

1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Speaking of Jo I know the original actress passed but the character is alive has she been referenced at all by any of her children? Guess not.

The last time she was referenced was when Jack confronted Steveano about a year ago over his treatment of Kayla & the family; he said that Jo had been devastated over Adrienne's death. Jo's gotta be in her 80s by now. I would like to see her every once in a while (recast obviously) but I doubt RC cares about the Johnson family matriarch enough to bring her back.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Okay, so that means Gwen was born around 1988 when Jack was still a jerk and sleeping with prostitutes & cocktail waitresses. I think he met Jennifer in 1989, right? And Abby was born in 1992. Surprisingly, RC kept to the show's known timeline and history when concocting this latest long-lost-kid storyline. But I still don't buy that Laura was hanging out at J&J's house in 1996, because wasn't she still institutionalized at that time? 

I kind of understand Gwen lashing out at Jack because she still believes he didn't want her in his life, but I wish he had pushed back more when she dredged up his history. I was especially annoyed when Gwen said that Jo chose Adrienne over Jack, because Adrienne wasn't even born when the boys were placed in the orphanage (right?). 

Someone in an earlier post described Gwen as a "mischievous villain" and I like her like that. But I wonder, given her genes, if she could turn into an outright villain like grandpa Duke Johnson. A while ago I thought it could be interesting if Joey or Tripp ended up as the bad seed of the Johnson family, but it doesn't look like that will happen. Gwen could become the holy terror of this generation of the Johnson/Deveraux family considering she is overflowing with anger & resentment and she has already poisoned her sister. 

The last time she was referenced was when Jack confronted Steveano about a year ago over his treatment of Kayla & the family; he said that Jo had been devastated over Adrienne's death. Jo's gotta be in her 80s by now. I would like to see her every once in a while (recast obviously) but I doubt RC cares about the Johnson family matriarch enough to bring her back.

I agree that Gwen's existence isn't completely out of reason given Jack's past.  In fact, to a degree, their reactions reinforce the Horton's as the sanctimonious snobs they've become. I don't see the big deal that a single twenty-something (maybe even pushing thirty) Jack had a one night fling with a waitress.  It's pretentious of them to act as if their family is above that.  Especially considering that precious little Abs could have easily have found herself a single mom to a married man when she kept throwing herself at EJ. So why Laura went to such great lengths to keep little Gwen a secret is just silly. If she could accept that her daughter married a rapist who also slept with the prostitutes his father was murdering, then a step-child seems a small obstacle to overcome, especially considering that Jennifer and Jack were divorced and Jennifer was about to marry Peter when Tiffany showed up in town.  Jennifer wasn't going to have to co-parent her anyways at that time. Jack sleeping with her mother seems like a bigger ick factor for Jenn than sleeping with a cocktail waitress she doesn't know back when  Jennifer was still in high school and hadn't met Jack yet.  

As far as Laura in the mid 90s...I believe that was the time when she was out of the institution after having a fling herself with Jack at a self-help retreat. Today's 'past' scenes appear to be set upon both Laura and Jack's return to Salem in '95 maybe.  I seem to recall Jennifer married Peter in the Fall of '95 so this must have been set just before. 

I did think that Gwen's dig about Jo keeping Adrienne while giving up Jack was actually a fitting nod to the past that correlates with the present. While Adrienne wasn't born yet when Jo put Steve and Jack/Billy into an orphanage to protect them from abusive Duke, I do remember it being an angle that hurt Steve when Adrienne came to town, revealed herself as his sister, and he realized that Jo kept her.  I don't think Jack knew he was Billy yet when Steve grappled with that so I'm not sure how he felt about it later.  Hopefully it's addressed at some point when Jack sees Steve next and updates him on his family drama.  There are lots of missed opportunities lately between Steve and Jack that could make for some good scenes. 

• Love 6

The Laura Horton paying off Gwen's mother is stupid. Why would she do that? She was making that much money? I could see Harper Deveraux doing this. This happened before Jack even met Jennifer. Some women do date men who have a child from a previous relationship. So what. Jack would be paying support and maybe have Gwen come X times a week or month. The Hortons come across as very sanctimonious and do as I say and not as I do.

Abs looked terrible as Jennifer. Jennifer made an okay Laura and I liked Gwen as Tiffany.

Yeah, Gwen, blindside a man who has no idea you even existed. He has no blame in this. If he had known, he most likely would have been a part of your life. Find out who really paid off your mother. You can also bring up nature vs nurture, but ultimately, you choose your own path and make your own life choices.

How convenient that Eli and Lani could get a hotel room that overlooked the park/Horton Square. Poor Dr. Raynor, knowing Xander had set her up.

Why would Nicole want that stuffie back?

• Love 5

I haven't been watching but thanks to DanaMB's post about Nibbles and Julie I just watched yesterday's episode to watch Gwen rip into that boneheaded old bag and gosh, that was just fun for the whole family!  It didn't bother me at all when Gwen taunted Julie about her missing GRANDBABIES - why does Julie have to shout all the damn time? - but nothing pierces Julie's Cloak of Stupidity.  

Gwennie's taunting just warmed the cockles of my heart.

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The flashbacks were everything. So terrible in the funnest way. EO is such a gift to this show. Also, her British accent finding it's way in every once in awhile was cracking me up. CM and MM were absolutely terrible but I felt like they were doing it on purpose so it was comedy gold.

ETA: Oh, I forgot my fave part: Tiffany not even knowing exactly how old her daughter is lol.

Those flashbacks were comedy gold.  For a second I thought I was watching Mama's Family or one of Carol Burnett's "As the Stomach Turns" skits - or just a plain ol' regular episode of Passions.  If Cady had any more foundation on her face they could have erected a 12 story building on it.  Going between Laura's face today and those flashback scenes was hilarious.  

Also funny though not on the same level,  Eli and that-woman-he's-unfortunately-married-to-who-is-really-in-love-with-Kristen seemed pretty laid back when they caught up to the kidnapper.  I was sorta expecting Lani to go get coffee for the three of them.

So Nicole and Rafe share custody of a teddy bear.......and some schmuck is paid to write this crap?

• LOL 12
  • Love 5

This Gwen story should be packaged at Home Depot. It could make a mint as fertilizer! It certainly stinks like it.

I'd love for this to be some elaborate con or something. Gwen did begin in a loony bin...

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

it might be an unpopular opinion on here and I will sit alone at my table..

You're not alone.  I've been singing Cady McClain's praises since Day 1.  

OMG, I can't believe those flashbacks really happened.  I laughed so hard that I couldn't even remember the last time I've laughed like that.  Emily O'Brien was good as trashy Tiffany, and while Cady McClain seemed to be trying to make the best of it, I felt slight embarrassment for her and Marci Miller.  

I loved Gwen begging Jack to tell her that he couldn't stand her and wasn't happy to see her, as that's been the story she's been telling herself all of her life, and she so desperately needed him to validate that.  I hope the writers can explore what happens when "her story" about what happened is contradicted by how it happened for Jack but not gonna hold my breath.  

It'd be nice if they had established or recalled in dialogue that Laura has control issues that would motivate her to deprive Jack of his child but I'm happy to see Jamie Lyn Bauer again, regardless of the Scent-of-Stupid wafting around this storyline development.

Dr Raynor gets caught?  Hated it!

Once we saw Ivan taking the twins, I thought we'd have seen Viv by now.  Maybe tomorrow?  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, boes said:

Those flashbacks were comedy gold.  For a second I thought I was watching Mama's Family or one of Carol Burnett's "As the Stomach Turns" skits - or just a plain ol' regular episode of Passions.  If

OMG that's what I was reminded of! On Mama's Family when they use to do those campy flashbacks and Vicky Lawrence and the other actors would slap on bad wigs and portray the younger version of the characters.  They were just so bad. But hey with how bad this story is especially regarding actual history I at least like being able to laugh at the absurdity.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

She's a doctor.  A psychiatrist, at that.

I question the sanity of anyone who got psychiatric treatement for someone who spent 2 decades in a mental institution.

Oh wait. Abby.....

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

I question the sanity of anyone who got psychiatric treatment from someone who spent 2 decades in a mental institution.

Oh wait. Abby.....

This! 😍

And the other alternative for psychiatric care in Salem is Laura's old friend, the only woman in town to be possessed by the devil!  If Ron's going to run with the campy train, he'd better give them a scene together where Marlena stops by the Horton abode to see Laura, takes one look at her, and summons her demon voice, "Girlfriend, you look a mess!" 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Holy guacamole, but Laura truly is a heartless cow!  It didn't occur to her to wonder what happened to a minor child after figuring out that her mother had died?  I did love how horrified Jack looked at realizing that it was Laura's actions that began all of this tragedy.

I love Ivan but he really didn't think his kidnapping plan through, did he?  And I'm going to lose it if I have to hear the phrase "Lani and Eli's babies" one more time--DAMN!!

• Love 13

Is NuVivian supposed to be senile? Because she said she had Stefan/Jake 30 years ago, but Stefan's tombstone clearly says he's in his forties.  Also since when did Viv care about federal offenses? 

Dr. Rainor didn't think a physical description and the tone of the kidnapper's voice might be helpful?  Was kinda surprised Lanni put it together. when Eli didn't.

And why did Laura the shrink look like she never heard the term 'nature vs. nurture' when Jack railed about it? Do you not have to pass Psych 101 in Salem med schools?

Abigail sat through Laura's crazy explanation/confession and didn't deduce that Granny was presenting herself to Tiffany as if she was Jack's proxy?  Laura's flashback had her stating she was "authorized" to offer Tiff the money, the insinuation that Jack authorized it (even though he didn't).  But Abigail is so high and mighty in her opinion of her family that she's still pushing the narrative that Gwen's mother lied to Gwen, not that Looney Laura misled her?  Good luck keeping Laura's role a secret if Julie or Nicole ever get wind of it. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Abigail sat through Laura's crazy explanation/confession and didn't deduce that Granny was presenting herself to Tiffany as if she was Jack's proxy?  Laura's flashback had her stating she was "authorized" to offer Tiff the money, the insinuation that Jack authorized it (even though he didn't).  But Abigail is so high and mighty in her opinion of her family that she's still pushing the narrative that Gwen's mother lied to Gwen, not that Looney Laura misled her?  Good luck keeping Laura's role a secret if Julie or Nicole ever get wind of it. 

Of course, Abby's first instinct to hearing Laura's tale is to hug her and act as if she did nothing wrong. Meanwhile, Jennifer is horrified and can't be in the same room with her mother. 

• Love 7
Just now, nilyank said:

Of course, Abby's first instinct to hearing Laura's tale is to hug her and act as if she did nothing wrong. Meanwhile, Jennifer is horrified and can't be in the same room with her mother. 

Agree, that was quite telling. 

• Love 2

Did Jack offer Gwen money because she's so focused on money?  That just came off as weird.

But holy hell I did quite like the writing for the Jack and Laura confrontation today (ridiculousness of Laura doing this aside).  I hope we get a similar confrontation between Jack and Gwen where he explains that a childhood can mess her up but actions she takes as an adult are hers and hers alone to atone for.

• Love 10

This whole "Ivan steals babies for Madame to help alleviate her sadness" is just Bonkers!  Not to be rude(I'm a Grandma myself), but Madame is OLD!  Why did he think she was going to care for the babies?!  I guess she would be hiring a Nanny?!  These are very tiny babies, were they nursing?  When are they being fed?!  Ivan seems to view them like toy dolls.   And Dr. Raynor thought Ivan seemed nice & sweet?!  How did she know he was not going to sell them on the black market?  Gads....I cant even deal with this storyline.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Did Jack offer Gwen money because she's so focused on money?  That just came off as weird.

But holy hell I did quite like the writing for the Jack and Laura confrontation today (ridiculousness of Laura doing this aside).  I hope we get a similar confrontation between Jack and Gwen where he explains that a childhood can mess her up but actions she takes as an adult are hers and hers alone to atone for.

100% with you here! I couldn't believe he was still so dense to think it was about the money with Gwen and then how insulting to try and buy her off again.  His lecture to an even denser Laura was a very compelling scene and well done. If only he had shown some of that anguish when he was with Gwen and realized he'd been robbed of a daughter.  I hope now that it sinks in to him that he treats Gwen better than Abs did with that ridiculous stance she gave on protecting her grandmother who was the root of all of this trouble as Jack pointed out. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Of course, if Gwen turns out pregnant by Chad she would do the same thing. 

OT But I really like JLB/Laura. She has a beautiful speaking voice. CMcC/Jennifer is getting a bit like her character on ATWT Rosanna who had a patrician air about her and breezy way of talking.  

• Love 2

While the actress is great, I am already over this Gwen is butthurt over no Daddy storyline. She gets mad because Jack paid for his daughter's dance lessons? Yes, that's because he was aware of her existence

I did love how Chad caught on right away to the "bruise" and wiped Gwen's face with the napkin.

Not feeling LD as Vivian.

• Love 5

I've never liked Laura, but I think dragging her out of storage and making her completely responsible for keeping Gwen & Jack apart is a shitty thing to do to the character. I mean, as a Jack fangirl, I'm glad he's come out of this relatively clean and is not the heartless asshole who did the things Gwen said he did, but I don't like that Laura has been thrown under the bus in order to make Gwen a member of the Deveraux clan. 

• Love 7

I missed the amount on Jack's check.  What did it say?

I love Vivian's hair, it looks just like Louise Sorrel's.

Interesting that Vivian wasn't involved in the kidnapping.

The woman who has no qualms about murder has qualms about raising other people's children?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I didn't see but I thought I heard him throw around 100 which I can only assume is 100K.  The fact that Jack is willing to so blithely throw that amount of money at her makes me wonder---when did he get his money back?

I don't hate it.  I like that they have him back in suits regularly but that was rich person talk and I thought he was very comfortable after he gave away his fortune but not rich. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

35 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I didn't see but I thought I heard him throw around 100 which I can only assume 100K.  The fact that Jack is willing to so blithely throw that amount of money at her makes me wonder---when did he get his money back?

I thought the check he gave Gwen had $5,000 written on it. Which I thought was really cheap of him, lol. Anyway, I don't think Jack has a lot of money anymore, so I'd be surprised if he offered Gwen more than a couple thousand dollars. 

Edit: it was $50,000. I guess he's wealthy again, lol.

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

I thought the check he gave Gwen had $5,000 written on it. Which I thought was really cheap of him, lol. Anyway, I don't think Jack has a lot of money anymore, so I'd be surprised if he offered Gwen more than a couple thousand dollars. 

It was $50000 and it is still really cheap. If he is not a millionaire, he is still well off as owner of The Spectator.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

While the actress is great, I am already over this Gwen is butthurt over no Daddy storyline. She gets mad because Jack paid for his daughter's dance lessons? Yes, that's because he was aware of her existence

In Gwen's defense, she was told her whole life (because her mother was led to believe this) that Jack did not want her. Still, like, bitch you're 30, get over it!

I was annoyed by Abigail telling Gwen her mother lied to her. Her mother did not. Laura led Tiffany to believe that Jack wasn't interested in knowing Gwen and that he just wanted to pay her off. I still loved those scenes though because EO is awesome and her and MM are good together. I also liked Chad grabbing Gwen's face to wipe away the makeup. All of these people just really play off each other in an interesting way.

I find MA embarrassing a lot of the time and today was no exception. And all the spit that was flying out his mouth was making me so uncomfortable.

Someone said Laura looks like a mushroom and I laughed. I feel bad but it's true lol.

Ivan just kidnapping some babies and then giving them to Vivian is hilarious. How very 'cat brings a dead bird to it's owner' of him!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2021 at 2:04 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

The Flashback scenes today were un-intentionally funny....the crazy wigs the women were wearing & speaking in such stilted tones.  Marci with the crazy 80's poufy hair, Cady also with big hair & Gwen as her Mother with bright red hair...it was too much.  And this whole storyline with Gwen being a sudden Deveraux child is just silly to me & changing the back history of the show. 

I would have commented on how Cady McClain and Jamie-Lyn Bauer share a slightly more believable family resemblance than Reeves and Bauer did, except the show went an' wrecked it with that ridiculous 80s-themed flashback (points for the ruffle-clogged sweater "Jeniffer" (like Jennifer, but not really) was wearing!). Shoehorning Gwen into the show this way, wrecking backstory and Jack's character in the process, displays more than the show's usual level of ham-fisted idiocy. I had to turn off (and delete) the episode at that point.

Hint to the showrunners: If the "flashhijack" (like a flashback, but not really) makes your audience say "Nope! Nopenopenope!" out loud to their televisions, you're doing it wrong.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Abby has never had a moral compass so it makes sense she would be fine with her grandmother's vile act.  This is the same woman who looked at Sami in the face playing with her kids while sleeping with her husband.. She is lucky that Sami did not kill her..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, nilyank said:

It was $50000 and it is still really cheap. If he is not a millionaire, he is still well off as owner of The Spectator.

50K cash without financing or a loan or needing to liquidify investments first isn't cheap if he can do that without worrying about draining his savings account in the moment.  Cheap for a lifetime?  Possibly. 

But I am questioning the timing of all this.  So Gwen was born before Jack came to Salem--so 1986 or 87? Her mother tracked Jack down about five-seven years later and got Laura.  Laura paid her off and started paying her weekly.  Did they say the checks stopped being cashed in 2005?  Wouldn't Gwen have been of legal age by that time? 

• Love 1

When Tiffany came to Salem and met Laura, it was 8-9 years after Gwen was born. Also, I don't pay that close of attention so I might be way off base, but I thought Laura said the checks stopped being cashed after 2 years, which would mean Tiffany died when Gwen was 10-11.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I did love how Chad caught on right away to the "bruise" and wiped Gwen's face with the napkin.

Not feeling LD as Vivian.

Neither do I. There's only one Vivian. If she is done with the role then leave it alone.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, boes said:

I haven't been watching but thanks to DanaMB's post about Nibbles and Julie I just watched yesterday's episode to watch Gwen rip into that boneheaded old bag and gosh, that was just fun for the whole family!  It didn't bother me at all when Gwen taunted Julie about her missing GRANDBABIES - why does Julie have to shout all the damn time? - but nothing pierces Julie's Cloak of Stupidity.  

Gwennie's taunting just warmed the cockles of my heart.

I knew you’d love it. So glad you didn’t miss out. 😂

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

When Tiffany came to Salem and met Laura, it was 8-9 years after Gwen was born. Also, I don't pay that close of attention so I might be way off base, but I thought Laura said the checks stopped being cashed after 2 years, which would mean Tiffany died when Gwen was 10-11.

Yep and Gwen became a ward of the state because she had no other family. Meanwhile, Laura knew Tiffany was dead and that Gwen was still a child, but she couldn't be bothered. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:
On 2/2/2021 at 5:06 PM, Pearson80 said:

You're not alone.  I've been singing Cady McClain's praises since Day 1.  

I really like her and didn’t expect to, because I was a huge J&J fan back in the day. But they made Jennifer so horrible around Daniel that I no longer cared for her. 

And I thought all 3 actresses in the living room could definitely pass as related. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Very weird! And out of character? I mean, I know she was horrible to Abby, but I just didn’t expect him to act that way. I wish she had taken the check. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Very weird! And out of character? I mean, I know she was horrible to Abby, but I just didn’t expect him to act that way. I wish she had taken the check. 

She did. She went back and ripped it out of his hand

• Love 1