Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This is why I'm grateful to have On Demand...

I'm super grateful for Peacock because it doesn't even have ads. Otherwise I would not be watching this week at all if it gets preempted because I am not about to watch the 10000 commercials on On Demand or the poor quality of the Youtube vids.

41 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Where do people get slime from? 

Well, the stuff on Chad's shirt was definitely from Dollar Tree lol.

I watched the Gwen scenes. I continue to love her so, so much. When she wistfully wondered about how she could have been something other than a vengeful bitch, man, that's my shit right there. EO is fantastic. I wish they hadn't gone for this 'did Gwen kill Laura or was it an accident' thing. It was obviously an accident so it's just pointless. 

At first, I thought Sarah's haircut was so very bad but it grew on me by her second scene.

I love Susan and I liked the Susan/Kristen scenes. Kristen was so awful in them and imo Kristen just works better when she's being the heinous person she is. Trying to make her the redeemed, true love of Brady does not work on any level.

I am liking Brady/Chloe.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I watched the Gwen scenes. I continue to love her so, so much. When she wistfully wondered about how she could have been something other than a vengeful bitch, man, that's my shit right there. EO is fantastic. I wish they hadn't gone for this 'did Gwen kill Laura or was it an accident' thing. It was obviously an accident so it's just pointless. 

At first, I thought Sarah's haircut was so very bad but it grew on me by her second scene.

That is the moment that sold it for me too. She knows she is awful and the reason she became that way is standing right in front of her. Obviously Laura tripped and fell trying to leg it but they will sell it as a MURDER yawn

Sarah looked so much better with her gorgeous long curls and some more weight on her. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, brisbydog said:

Obviously Laura tripped and fell trying to leg it but they will sell it as a MURDER yawn

Exactly. It'll just be a rehash of when Julie fell down the stairs and everyone acted like Gabi pushed her but now with the added stupidity of them not showing us so we're supposed to wonder if Gwen actually murdered Laura. Which, again, is stupid because imo it's abundantly clear it will be an accident because they obviously like Gwen and want to keep her around/redeem (ew lol) her. Although, Ben the serial killer is still around and Abigail the murderer is still around so I guess they could have Gwen actually have murdered Laura and still have her be a viable (in their minds) character. I personally don't care if she did indeed murder her but at the same time I'm getting real tired of TPTB having characters take everything to an extreme and then TPTB putting no work into actually redeeming them.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

So assuming (and I do) that this stupid switch happens, I have questions:

1. Will nobody at the prison notice the two women swapping garments in the visiting room? Is it really that unmonitored (dumb question I know)

2. Why on earth would Susan agree to sit in jail? I really feel uncomfortable as this portrayal of her seems to indicate she is mentally unwell and while she irritates the crap out of me, she is a good person and she is being manipulated by a psycho

3. Once Kristen ultimately tries to kill Chloe for giving Brady his sponge bath, can Brady finally drop the bitch? I need him back with his real love and away from this toxic relationship once and for all

Re #2: Kristen manipulated her by insisting that John wasn't well and could die at any moment, so Brady was going to need her there. As Susan just luuuuuurves DOCTOR MARLENA EVANS! so much, she was convinced that Kristen had to be there for the family. (Because given their history that makes so much sense.)

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Re #2: Kristen manipulated her by insisting that John wasn't well and could die at any moment, so Brady was going to need her there. As Susan just luuuuuurves DOCTOR MARLENA EVANS! so much, she was convinced that Kristen had to be there for the family. (Because given their history that makes so much sense.)

Oh I know WHY, I just don't know why I have to watch it lol. Of course Marlena is a huge Kristen fan now so she will likely be cool with it. I just want Kristen to go full psycho again so Brady can finally drop her and she can go to jail forever and never be on screen again. Susan would likely face charges too once it comes out (although not on this show I guess)

I wonder where Charlie and that gang are?

Ron posted a deleted Xarah scene from yesterday which was actually quite nice. Would have preferred to see that than endless Susan and Kristen crap

• Love 4

Pleasantly surprised that Jack did the right thing and called Rafe. I thought he was going to do a cover up or confess to the crime. Surprised he even told the truth that he was not there he could have backed up her story. I think Matt is good with these scenes with Emily. He always shines when against a strong actor. I don't think he and Stephen N are in each others' acting bubbles these days which is sad, I would like to see Steve supporting him through this plot.

Did I blink and miss a scene where Lani and Eli escaped? I swear they were suddenly out and arresting Vivien, but I don't care enough to go back and look

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Pleasantly surprised that Jack did the right thing and called Rafe. I thought he was going to do a cover up or confess to the crime. Surprised he even told the truth that he was not there he could have backed up her story.

I can't watch until tonight on Peacock, so thank you for this. I was really worried Jack would take the blame for what happened to Laura as a way to make things up to and protect Gwen. At least he still has a few brain cells left.

• Love 6

Does Titan have a board?  Are they all okay with letting a guy with mob ties stay on as co-CEO?

"I'm locked up.  What can I do to  you?", says the woman who pulled a gun on her brother while locked up.

Explain the timeline to me.  When was Laura in mental hospitals?  Was she even in a position to send money to Tiffany?

I love how the prison visitors' room now has no security guards, with guns or not.  Not to mention chairs standing around that anybody can pick up and wing at a visitor.

How is Chloe planning on both waiting on Brady and working for Nicole?

Why is Abigail wearing a sun dress in the middle of winter?

What happened to Susan's boyfriend?

It's weird that they didn't show Laura fall.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Does Titan have a board?  Are they all okay with letting a guy with mob ties stay on as co-CEO?

"I'm locked up.  What can I do to  you?", says the woman who pulled a gun on her brother while locked up.

Explain the timeline to me.  When was Laura in mental hospitals?  Was she even in a position to send money to Tiffany?

I love how the prison visitors' room now has no security guards, with guns or not.  Not to mention chairs standing around that anybody can pick up and wing at a visitor.

How is Chloe planning on both waiting on Brady and working for Nicole?

Why is Abigail wearing a sun dress in the middle of winter?

What happened to Susan's boyfriend?

1. They are working for Victor who is a known criminal I guess it comes with the job

2. Kristen is psycho she will always find a way

3. Laura was out of the mental hospital for good in 1996 so yes was available to write cheques. I never saw her get any contact info from Tiffany though. And I wondered how Tiff could cash American cheques in the UK

4. Kristen seems to own that visitor's room. Has her own computer, phone, and receiving area. Probably changing rooms too if she needs to swap clothes with somebody for some reason

5. I think Brady and Chloe stopped showing up for work after he was shot. But Nicole never works either so no worries there

6. Actress is pregnant and running out of her own stuff to wear?

7. I guess he is still on ice somewhere and has no issues if she vanishes for months on end for some reason

8. I think that is to give us some doubt about whether Gwen 'murdered' her, but given how calm Gwen was during their encounter and how freaked she was when we next saw her I think it went down just how she said it did

• Love 2

Since we didn't see this part either, anyone else think that Vivian actually gave herself up and not that she was overpowered by the Keystone Cops?

Very mature and rational of Jack to call Rafe. I'm shocked the writers allowed such logic to be included!

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Laura spent pretty much all of the 80's in a sanitarium, but got out early to mid 90's. Based on the retro flashback, Tiffany showed up soon after Laura returned to town after her stay at the Meadows where she met Jack and they had a fling--mid 90's I believe since that was during Jenn's relationship w/Peter Blake.  So that timeline seems to work out; the one that probably doesn't is Laura's age.  The show seems to SORAS the younger generation, but presumably de-aged the older. Laura was already out of med school and practicing psychiatry when she had Mike Horton in the late 60s, making her at least 25.  Mike is a doctor in the mid 80's, making him at least 25 or older (SORAS obviously) and thus Laura at least 50 or older at that time. Fast forward 35 years later to 2021 and Laura should be at least 85 right now, possibly pushing 90.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Laura spent pretty much all of the 80's in a sanitarium, but got out early to mid 90's. Based on the retro flashback, Tiffany showed up soon after Laura returned to town after her stay at the Meadows where she met Jack and they had a fling--mid 90's I believe since that was during Jenn's relationship w/Peter Blake.  So that timeline seems to work out; the one that probably doesn't is Laura's age.  The show seems to SORAS the younger generation, but presumably de-aged the older. Laura was already out of med school and practicing psychiatry when she had Mike Horton in the late 60s, making her at least 25.  Mike is a doctor in the mid 80's, making him at least 25 or older (SORAS obviously) and thus Laura at least 50 or older at that time. Fast forward 35 years later to 2021 and Laura should be at least 85 right now, possibly pushing 90.

Don't try to do soap opera math.  No good will come of it.  It might even cause a warp in the space-time continuum.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2

The show gave me the chance to sing along to Funiculi Finicula. And then we got Stefano's Wagner Ride of the Valkryies.

Music was way too loud for the infants but did quieten Lani and Eli. Poor Madame should not have gone upstairs.

I thought Jack was going to help Gwen move the body. He made the right call to Rafe. At least now the death can be investigated and proven as an accident, and Gwen will not be charged, or will face lesser ones. Yeah, right, a guy in his late 50s or so has the back to move a heavy deadweight. Laughed at Rafe noticing Gwen's black eye was no longer black.

Laura deserved a better demise. It seemed cheap and unnecessary to prop up a new retcon character.

There is plenty of space for Abs to move back to the ever-expanding DiMera mansion.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm super grateful for Peacock because it doesn't even have ads.

Did you have to pay for it?  Maybe I should switch from the NBC app to Peacock.  

9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

If it was actually an accident, yes.  If Gwen pushed Laura, making it more of a manslaughter kind of thing rather than an accident, then not showing it makes a little more sense.  

Another vote for being pleasantly surprised that Jack got to make choices that made sense for his character.  Who was sitting in the writer's room that day? 

Emily O'Brien is so funny with her bitchy snark.  I loved her Salute to Rafe when he was Mansplaining to her.  But why is she there answering questions without a lawyer???  OMG, that drives me so crazy!  

Looked like Eli and Lani got there babies back.  Hopefully, that will be the end of the painfully stupid Ivan-Steals-Some-Babies storyline.  And is Dr Raynor in jail now because of this?  Sheesh.  

• Love 9
13 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Did I blink and miss a scene where Lani and Eli escaped? I swear they were suddenly out and arresting Vivien, but I don't care enough to go back and look

I must have blinked at the same time because I missed it too. Can anyone explain how Lani & Eli escaped. Did they take the pins out of the hinges and knock the door over? Or did Vivian just let them walk out?

8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

2 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I can’t believe anyone is getting this show live this week with what is going on politically. We finally got fiber just in time to watch on Peacock although no fast forward & have to watch commercials 😖

I don't pay for Peacock and I get Days with no commercials and I can fast forward. 

6 hours ago, MsTree said:

I must have blinked at the same time because I missed it too. Can anyone explain how Lani & Eli escaped. Did they take the pins out of the hinges and knock the door over? Or did Vivian just let them walk out?

We're meant to assume Lani and Eli overpowered Vivian when she came to shoot them, in fact one of them made a passing comment about her being an old lady. I guess they didn't have the the budget to try and stage the scene or just don't GAF and want to be done with this story as much as we do, lol.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, kassandra8286 said:

We're meant to assume Lani and Eli overpowered Vivian when she came to shoot them, in fact one of them made a passing comment about her being an old lady. I guess they didn't have the the budget to try and stage the scene or just don't GAF and want to be done with this story as much as we do, lol.

I'm actually OK with them not showing two young people beating an old lady, whether or not she deserved it.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't pay for Peacock and I get Days with no commercials and I can fast forward. 

Always on my version of the free Peacock app I have commercials and can’t fast forward through them. And certain programs in the free version have a ton of commercials like Below Deck. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9b841780274994a6bde25d332fbea8be.jpeg

I think everyone w the free version is getting the commercials? 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Anyone who complains about Keanu Reeves in Much Ado About Nothing should watch this episode. I was expecting RW to bust out "CIAAAARAAAA!" when he was about to take the poison.

I kept it on only for Kayla and Steve's wedding.

I loved that movie but mostly for Kenneth Branaugh and Emma Thompson. 

Even though that type of sequence works in the 80s more than today, Ben's SK past aside it was nice to see something that provided escapism for a change even if most of it was snarking at how terrible it was.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Katy M said:

I'm actually OK with them not showing two young people beating an old lady, whether or not she deserved it.

Good point. I wasn't thinking they beat her necessarily, maybe just gave her the old arm-twist-grab-the-gun maneuver (if that's even a thing lol) but yeah, I'm not complaining either! 

Edited by kassandra8286
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Always on my version of the free Peacock app I have commercials and can’t fast forward through them. And certain programs in the free version have a ton of commercials like Below Deck. 

Ok, now I'm really confused about how Peacock works.  I thought this was it:

*  it doesn't matter who is your cable/satellite provider or if you even have any cable/satellite provider - if you want Peacock (NBC's streaming service for movies/sports/tv/etc.) you have to pay

* If you want to watch Peacock without commercials, you have to pay extra for "Peacock Premium"

We have Peacock but that's because our bundling service (tv & Internet) is Xfinity - which I think "owns" NBC or is part of NBC in some way. Thus, because we already pay for our Xfinity bundling service, we do NOT have to pay extra for Peacock;  otherwise, we would have to pay extra for Peacock (if, say we had some other cable service/or satellite service);  However, even as Xfinity customers, we have to pay extra to get Peacock Premium.  [Why we still haven't cut the cord is a whole 'nother story!]

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Ok, now I'm really confused about how Peacock works.  I thought this was it:

Peacock has three tiers.

The first tier is free to anyone with an internet connection and is ad supported.  (Probably akin to NBC.com).

The second tier has extra Peacock-exclusive content in addition to the stuff in the basic tier. This tier is ad supported.  Access for non-Xfinity/Comcast* customers costs $5.

The third tier is all the content of the second tier but it is ad free.  This tier costs $10 for all non-Xfinity/Comcast* subscribers.

*Xfinity/Comcast subscribers essentially get a $5 discount on both tiers so they get access to all the shows on Peacock; they just have to watch ads.  If they'd prefer an ad-free experience, they can pay an extra $5 to access the top tier.

Don't ask me what shows are exclusive to the second tier.  I'm a Comcast subscriber (who should also cord cut), so I get access to whatever I want.  I do find ads strange, though.  I find that the first episode of whatever I watch is ad-free.  Or if I watch in the middle of the night, I don't get many ads.  Or sometimes the ads will appear at the beginning and then never again throughout the episode.

And then sometimes I just get ads.  If DOOL were ever to move to Peacock, I kind of wonder what tier it'd be on. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Steve thinks the only hitch to his wedding is Kayla’s rapist not being there, but the show can go on without their own kids. WTF!

Sarah needs to keep her hair away from the scissors.

John and Marlena got food poisoning….I don’t know why I found that funny.  Was it the dish that Claire and Ben brought over???

Lanni and Eli’s babies were born on Christmas. It’s now Valentine’s Day.  Those nasty umbilical cord stumps fall off before a baby is 7 weeks old.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Ron either doesn’t have kids or never spent any time with them.

Linda Dano as Vivian…biggest mistake ever.

Congressional impeachment hearings are more riveting than this Cin Shakespeare farce.  I can’t believe this is the best the show could come up with for Sweep’s month.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 7

Eli and Lani didn't think of bringing the car seats or other baby carrier for Blanket and Blankette? Their home still does not seem prepared for two infants, much less one.

Why the need for a party of sorts?

Steve went through some effort for a surprise wedding for Kayla. Surely she could be in on it, and choose the date she wants, along with her own flowers and maid of honour. I'm not sure I'd be happy with such a surprise. Wonder if Claire's chicken casserole gave Marlena and John 'food poisoning'.

Romeo and Juliet were teenagers with significantly more vocabulary than Ben and Ciara. They could speak in Iambic pentameter. It was kinda silly but was different for daytime TV. I would have appreciated an English accent. The story did not get a happy ending.

Have no idea if Viv is pretending or if there are some mental health issues or coming back from the dead too many times issues.

• Love 3

I love Kayla & Steve & I loved the reference to "Lady in Red"(that was such a romantic scene) and Kayla wearing the red dress, she looked so pretty.  I was bummed that their kids were not there, but I will enjoy what I can.  

• Love 4

Peacock made me watch a handful of commercials but not as many as the NBC app.  I had to watch it on my phone, though, as my Firestick wouldn't allow me to download the Peacock app.  It's crazy that the show is only 37 minutes now, and that includes the credits at the end of the show.  

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Surely she could be in on it, and choose the date she wants, along with her own flowers and maid of honour. I'm not sure I'd be happy with such a surprise

That's what I was thinking.  Isn't the wedding day supposed to be the Bride's Day?  Steve kinda decided it was all about what he wanted to happen, which made me think of when he was playing games with Kayla and Justin after the Stefano Chip was removed.  

Thankfully, Peacock allowed me to Fast-Forward.  I would have never made it through the episode if I'd have had to watch the debacle of Ciara and Ben as Romeo and Juliet.  Someone is trying so hard to make that happen.  *giggle*

There is something about Linda Dano that kinda-sorta feels like she embodies Vivian but she doesn't seem to be having any fun with the character, and at least Robin Strasser looked like she was having fun doing whatever she was doing.  Screeching.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

There is something about Linda Dano that kinda-sorta feels like she embodies Vivian but she doesn't seem to be having any fun with the character, and at least Robin Strasser looked like she was having fun doing whatever she was doing.  Screeching.  

Yes, I feel like LD was actually trying to be more like LS version of Vivian; while RS was just making her own version of Vivian.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Not me lol. I did pay for Premium in November in order to watch figure skating though. Maybe if you've ever paid for it then you don't get ads anymore. I've only watched Days on there since I went back to free though so I don't know if other shows are ad-free for me. I hope NBC/Peacock doesn't see this and somehow make me watch ads now lol.

• LOL 1
21 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Yes, I get commercials on free version. 

13 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Wat? We didn’t get the episode here... 🤭

I'm in Canada, so it's airing as usual.

13 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

lolz look at this old as fuck picture they have on the app advertising the most recent show.  

image.thumb.jpeg.5d2378423529171b2ad4e8acb6d1c38c.jpeg

I guess Melanie’s on this episode. 

I know Gabi, Will and Sonny.  But the others, not so much.   Is the blonde, Abby?  The redhead Melanie?  And I have no clue about the guy in the green shirt, or the guy in the white shirt.

• Love 2

Cameron, Abby, Melanie, Former Chad, Gabi, Will and Sonny 

11 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I'm in Canada, so it's airing as usual.

I’m in Chicago so besides all the National stuff we also have a lot of political fuck shit on the city and state level plus it’s like the murder and car jacking capitol of the US so we get preemptions and news conferences like 60% of time  

• Love 2