Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CatLady

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Recommended Posts

Statesville can't:

  • Monitor phone usage
  • Monitor internet usage
  • Lock up an inmate who has successfully escaped once (and only returned because she turned herself in)
  • Stop said inmate from having multiple random visitors

But it can process a new inmate (Vivian) in a matter of minutes. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

15 hours ago, MsTree said:

Exactly! Otherwise where's the drama?

Because he's boring as hell....

Well yes but I think they meant for Steve/Kayla's wedding so there would be one of their kids around for it.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah this just doesn’t feel like Sweeps to me. And it’s a real problem having so many characters unlikable or bland front burner simultaneously. 

Marlena, the doctor doesn’t know eggs can expire? Or of the phrase “rotten eggs”? 

So people can just be sent to prison and gen pop without a trial now, huh. 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I'm right there w/ya.  With her return, I realized just how much she annoys me.  I think it's her obnoxious insistence that her and Ben's true love will save her. 

Yes, the show keeps TELLING us that they have some epic love and now they're trying to say they have some psychic connection (because of their epic love.)  The problem is, they haven't shown us why we should believe that.  It really feels like they spent a few days together at Kidnap Kabin and suddenly - EPIC LOVE!!!!!  There was no build, no reason for us to actually believe it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Susan Banks is stupid enough to think that there are fancy ice cream sundae nights in prison?

Doc Marlena is stupid enough to not realize that eggs in the fridge don't last forever? That there is a date stamped on the carton that gives a general guide on how long they stay usable? She's old enough to know better. Thought Claire's chicken casserole gave them food poisoning and not some frittata.

Ivan couldn't get some insta-sortof-death serum to save Madame from Statesville? Madame will figure out that Susan Banks is taking over Kristen's place in jail.

Brady is not worth it. His interest in Chloe is marginal.

So Rhodes doesn't know Orpheus. Hmmmmm.

You can have a psychic connection with someone but I really don't get the epic love between Ben and Ciara.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Susan Banks is stupid enough to think that there are fancy ice cream sundae nights in prison?

Doc Marlena is stupid enough to not realize that eggs in the fridge don't last forever? That there is a date stamped on the carton that gives a general guide on how long they stay usable? She's old enough to know better. Thought Claire's chicken casserole gave them food poisoning and not some frittata.

Ivan couldn't get some insta-sortof-death serum to save Madame from Statesville? Madame will figure out that Susan Banks is taking over Kristen's place in jail.

Brady is not worth it. His interest in Chloe is marginal.

So Rhodes doesn't know Orpheus. Hmmmmm.

You can have a psychic connection with someone but I really don't get the epic love between Ben and Ciara.

The whole Kristen/Susan thing - are we supposed to be rooting for Kristen to pull this off?  Are we somehow supposed to think this is a fun plot?  If so, major fail.  My only hope is that because of this, Brady FINALLY realizes that Kristen is batshit crazy and dumps her ass.  

I am, at best, an indifferent cook, but even I would notice if the eggs did not smell right.  Again, if we were supposed to find this charming, I didn't.

So they brought back Vivian and Ivan just to ruin Ivan?  The whole notion of kidnapping the children for Vivian is ludicrous and there is no way he would have screwed up this badly.  And yes, Vivian will figure it out.  (Maybe they'll use that to get her out of jail?)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I guess they are trying to make Doc in to a well-off, educated woman who doesn't like to cook.

A lot of us don't like cooking either. Most of us were taught at a young age to throw milk out that was lumpy, or eggs that smelled bad. And if you do smell rotten eggs in the house to call 911 because there may be a gas leak - but check the eggs first. Eggs a couple of weeks past the date stamp on the carton are fine. Two months later? Maybe not so much.  It just seemed really stupid. More understandable if both don't have any sense of smell, but seriously.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, buffynut said:

Are they writing Susan even more naïve than usual?

Yes.  Susan has been involved in plots in the past that required her to be smarter than this.  

Susan actually made me laugh with the discerning look she gave to Chloe/Brady right after everyone else had left the apartment.  

I don't know how the hell Vivian ended up in Statesville so quickly but that was the most alive I've seen Linda Dano in a scene since she started.  Maybe she enjoyed working with Stacy Haiduk?  

Poor Claire.  Playing the third wheel to Ciara and one of her love interests again.  

At least it made sense, to me anyways, that Orpheus would figure out what Vincent is up to and try to use it to his advantage.  I kinda liked the idea of Rhodes reluctantly being inducted into Orpheus' Boys-Club-of-Villains.  It would have been funny if he'd had pics of Clyde and Dr Rolf to use to introduce Rhodes to the gang.  

Was it Irony©️ that motivated one of those writers to decide to make a professional, educated woman too stupid to know when to and not to use eggs?  Enquiring Minds don't really want to know.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I agree that Linda Dano was alive as Vivian today. I buy her as a Vivian recast (if Louise is retired or not traveling). I hope she sticks around. I like Dorian Lord as much as the next guy, but she did not work as Vivian. Linda does. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

It really feels like they spent a few days together at Kidnap Kabin and suddenly - EPIC LOVE!!!!! 

Well, that is exactly what happened. 

...so I just watched the Dynasty-inspired flashback scenes of Gwen's Mom, Laura and Jennifer.

Yikes.

Ron tried for accuracy but then they didn't even use the actual Horton house set.....why not?

Cady trying to imitate Jaime Lyn's voice was...stupid? Embarrassing? Off? Unnecessary? Insulting? All of the above?

Marci didn't even try to channel Missy.

You know, I don't hate the paternity reveal because stuff like that does happen sometimes....and it didn't wreck continuity as much as I thought I would. Not that I enjoyed it, mind you.

Gwen could vanish tomorrow and I'd care not one bit.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Yes.  Susan has been involved in plots in the past that required her to be smarter than this.  

Susan *hates* Kristen and never trusted her. Kristen sold her into sex slavery FFS. They can't stand the sight of each other. There's no way in HELL Susan would voluntarily rot in prison for her. Nope.

Stupid stupid stupid plot.

 

  • Like 17
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I guess they are trying to make Doc in to a well-off, educated woman who doesn't like to cook.

A lot of us don't like cooking either. Most of us were taught at a young age to throw milk out that was lumpy, or eggs that smelled bad. And if you do smell rotten eggs in the house to call 911 because there may be a gas leak - but check the eggs first. Eggs a couple of weeks past the date stamp on the carton are fine. Two months later? Maybe not so much.  It just seemed really stupid. More understandable if both don't have any sense of smell, but seriously.

Maybe Marlena confused the smell of rotten eggs with the stench of John's terrible acting??

Nah.  She should be used to that by now.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

Susan has gone from a slightly wacky eccentric to clearly mentally ill. I don't enjoy watching her anymore and I loathe Kristen bribing her with ice cream to go to fucking jail for her. 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, worleybird said:

Dee Hall looked REALLY thin (almost gaunt) in Tuesday's episode. 

I noticed that too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Susan Banks is stupid enough to think that there are fancy ice cream sundae nights in prison?

Well, I don't think it's completely impossible. This is a prison that gives it's inmates unlimited access to phones/the internet, allows them to have unsupervised visits, lets them escape, etc.

8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I don't know how the hell Vivian ended up in Statesville so quickly but that was the most alive I've seen Linda Dano in a scene since she started.  Maybe she enjoyed working with Stacy Haiduk?  

Seriously. She seemed like a completely different person in those scenes. It was weird lol.

3 hours ago, worleybird said:

Dee Hall looked REALLY thin (almost gaunt) in Tuesday's episode. 

I thought she looked much thinner as well. And she was just kinda off imo.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Vivian's arrival at Statesville felt more like the first day at a new elementary school than jail. Like in a rush to get to their new jobs, Viv's parents just dropped her off and while the office staff and teacher were scrambling to get her a desk and onto the attendance roll they quickly handed her a school uniform so she felt like she belonged and pushed her onto the playground to make friends with the school's resident mean girl/bully who actually stopped harassing the special ed. girl with big glasses and no orthodontist appointments in sight so that she could assess the new girl and mark her playground (otherwise known as the phone and internet room) territory.  

Sadly with better writers and Louise Sorrell in the role, this whole Statesville is the new hangout could have had a whole different (and highly promising) feel once Viv was given the chance to mingle with Dr. Rolf and Orpheus, trade barbs, and pull their dangerous and delightful resources together. 

9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

At least it made sense, to me anyways, that Orpheus would figure out what Vincent is up to and try to use it to his advantage.  I kinda liked the idea of Rhodes reluctantly being inducted into Orpheus' Boys-Club-of-Villains.  It would have been funny if he'd had pics of Clyde and Dr Rolf to use to introduce Rhodes to the gang.  

Agree, Orpheus is generally smarter and two steps ahead of everyone in Salem so him using a situation to his benefit fits the character.  I only wish their scenes hadn't been so short and choppy and that they wouldn't have missed the opportunity for Orpheus to point out (i.e. brag) about how he pulled off the whole fake her death/make her loved ones think she is dead and then mess with their heads about whether she's alive or not scheme over 30 years ago with Marlena to punish Roman for the death of his love.  The parallel was striking.  Bonus points if Orpheus would have ended the conversation by mentioning that now all he has to do is switch out the eggs in Marlena's frig to make Valentine's Day hell.  

8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...so I just watched the Dynasty-inspired flashback scenes of Gwen's Mom, Laura and Jennifer.

Yikes.

Ron tried for accuracy but then they didn't even use the actual Horton house set.....why not?

I seem to recall in the mid 90s when Jennifer was with Peter and Laura and recast Jack came back to town that Jennifer and Peter were actually living in a different house, though not one that matched the set we saw in the flashback.  I can picture it having the front door on the left as opposed to the right at the Hortons. Might have looked layout-wise like that house Hope and Bo used to live in.  Anyone else recollect that set? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? 😁

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, ajs1615 said:

I agree that Linda Dano was alive as Vivian today. I buy her as a Vivian recast (if Louise is retired or not traveling). I hope she sticks around. I like Dorian Lord as much as the next guy, but she did not work as Vivian. Linda does. 

I honestly had to sit up during her scene with SH because I thought they recast the character mid episode. Dano had a menacing air to her that she hasn't even hinted at during her stint on the show. It was the first time she felt like Vivian. To be fair to Dano, if I spent most of my time acting against blankets, Eli, and Lani, I guess I'll be sleep through most of it, too.

3 hours ago, worleybird said:

Dee Hall looked REALLY thin (almost gaunt) in Tuesday's episode. 

I thought she looked different, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Yes, it was quite noticeable. 

Chloe and Brady just work. I'll never understand why the show was determined to keep these two separated for so long, especially since it's done Brady no favors. The chemistry is just palpable. That being said, has the show given us a reason why Susan wouldn't want these two to be together? Besides from Brady being a "Hunka Hunka" man, what investment does Susan have in separating the two, especially since she knows firsthand how dangerous Kristen is. Also, is Parker still supposed to be a small child - as they often seem to code him - or are they slowly starting the SORAS process. What Chloe said about Parker not wanting her to dress him, I wasn't sure if we were supposed to interpret that as a small child wanting to dress himself or a teenager wanting to be seen as a man. Although, Chloe doesn't seem the overprotective, doesn't know appropriate boundaries type, so maybe it's supposed to be small child.

So Rhodes asks to speak to Vincent in state prison and someone completely unrelated is in the room for them to have an hour long conversation. It's shocking more people aren't escaping prison when they have less rules and procedures than the elementary school down the street regarding safety.

I've never liked the "psychic connection" storyline of supercouples since the connection only works if both actors are on contract. That being said, isn't it usually written as people not believing this connection. And I hate to be one of those people who are always suggesting how a storyline could be "better," but I wish Ben had been drunk, high, or somehow inebriated when he received the phone call from Ciara. Having people doubt him, having him, at times, doubt himself, and having Marlena look at Ben's "psychic connection" as a way that Ben refuses to move on and her fear that he may slip back into his serial killer ways now that his strongest tie to humanity has "died" seems like such a great and class soap story. Imagine a Marlena with this justified fear who sees her vulnerable granddaughter spending all this unsupervised time with a man who may be slowly going mad. However, having everyone seemingly believe him and his ability to go to Susan for play by plays of Ciara's capture is really taking all the drama out of this story. In theory, I actually like Ben and Ciara, and I do think they've gotten the "makings" of some great storylines including this one, but the execution is what stops them from being truly exemplar.

Sidenote: I think RC, in general, sets up exciting stories, but he rarely executes exciting stories, and this is from someone who's watched his writing since his One life to Live days.

28 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I seem to recall in the mid 90s when Jennifer was with Peter and Laura and recast Jack came back to town that Jennifer and Peter were actually living in a different house, though not one that matched the set we saw in the flashback.  I can picture it having the front door on the left as opposed to the right at the Hortons. Might have looked layout-wise like that house Hope and Bo used to live in.  Anyone else recollect that set? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? 😁

I remember that house. I'm pretty sure it is Bo and Hope's current home. (And it was also Kate Roberts old residence.)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Wasn't Parker born in 2011 or so? Shouldn't that make him 17 years old by now?

Parker was born in 2010 according to the Days Wiki. The last actor to play him in 2016 just celebrated a birthday and currently is in the 6th grade according to his official Instagram page. However, I questioned his age in this moment since the actress is a 20 year vet at this point, and her contemporaries - Shawn and Belle - have a 20 something year old daughter now. It'll be Spring/Summer before you know it, and Parker would be a great teen character to build a teen scene around. He's a legacy kid who has a natural connection to Hortons and Kiriakis, but he has relatively few blood relations. I was wondering if Days was going to start slowly aging him up by having Chloe speak of him wanting to be treated like man like she did in the scene with Brady. 

There can also be a natural conflict with Nicole/Eric if Parker has any anger regarding Eric's role in his father's death.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Parker was born in 2010 according to the Days Wiki. The last actor to play him in 2016 just celebrated a birthday and currently is in the 6th grade according to his official Instagram page.

Hun, I was making a joke about Soap Opera Rapid Aging. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Hun, I was making a joke about Soap Opera Rapid Aging. 

I got the joke, but I thought I'll use your quote as a chance to expand more on my thoughts on why I think Parker should be SORASED as I had more time to think about some storyline potential then why I wrote my initial post.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I guess they are trying to make Doc in to a well-off, educated woman who doesn't like to cook.

Didn't somebody just the other day say that John and Marlena always eat out because neither of them can cook?

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

He's a legacy kid who has a natural connection to Hortons and Kiriakis, but he has relatively few blood relations.

Just Chloe, Maggie, and Sarah, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Just Chloe, Maggie, and Sarah, I guess.

And Holly.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I like Sarah & Xander together, so I got a kick out of their scenes today, especially when Sarah kept saying "Cake" 🙂  It was so cute when Xander opened the box & saw the Cake.   Lyndsey(Sarah) posted on Twitter yesterday, that she was One Year Sober, castmates & fans were congratulating her.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Gwen, it would be a lot easier to side with you if you didn't insist on harping on what Abigail got that you apparently deserved in your childhood. Girl, the entire world is filled with people who do better or have more. You're going to continue to live a miserable life if that's the attitude you take.

I continue to love Kate. Her message of condolence to Abigail was heartfelt, even though she admitted she and Laura had a bad history. Gwen, that's how it's done.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Vivian's arrival at Statesville felt more like the first day at a new elementary school than jail. Like in a rush to get to their new jobs, Viv's parents just dropped her off and while the office staff and teacher were scrambling to get her a desk and onto the attendance roll they quickly handed her a school uniform so she felt like she belonged and pushed her onto the playground to make friends with the school's resident mean girl/bully who actually stopped harassing the special ed. girl with big glasses and no orthodontist appointments in sight so that she could assess the new girl and mark her playground (otherwise known as the phone and internet room) territory.  

Sadly with better writers and Louise Sorrell in the role, this whole Statesville is the new hangout could have had a whole different (and highly promising) feel once Viv was given the chance to mingle with Dr. Rolf and Orpheus, trade barbs, and pull their dangerous and delightful resources together. 

Agree, Orpheus is generally smarter and two steps ahead of everyone in Salem so him using a situation to his benefit fits the character.  I only wish their scenes hadn't been so short and choppy and that they wouldn't have missed the opportunity for Orpheus to point out (i.e. brag) about how he pulled off the whole fake her death/make her loved ones think she is dead and then mess with their heads about whether she's alive or not scheme over 30 years ago with Marlena to punish Roman for the death of his love.  The parallel was striking.  Bonus points if Orpheus would have ended the conversation by mentioning that now all he has to do is switch out the eggs in Marlena's frig to make Valentine's Day hell.  

I seem to recall in the mid 90s when Jennifer was with Peter and Laura and recast Jack came back to town that Jennifer and Peter were actually living in a different house, though not one that matched the set we saw in the flashback.  I can picture it having the front door on the left as opposed to the right at the Hortons. Might have looked layout-wise like that house Hope and Bo used to live in.  Anyone else recollect that set? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? 😁

Yes, I remember and I think it was the exact same house Bo and Hope used to live in.

Glad they at least acknowledged JJ and Mike today.

Some weird OTT stuff from SSH and CMC today. Grief isn't always so loud ladies...

Decent script today though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I continue to love everything about Gwen. EO does so much with the trite she gets. Plus, she always looks absolutely fabulous.

I am here for Gabi/Phillip working together so I hope that's where this is going.

I think I fast forwarded everything else lol.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

What did Sarah to go to her hair?! It looks terrible!!

I guess Lindsay is getting a lot of negative comments about her hair, because she went on Twitter to defend it this morning.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Vivian's arrival at Statesville felt more like the first day at a new elementary school than jail. Like in a rush to get to their new jobs, Viv's parents just dropped her off and while the office staff and teacher were scrambling to get her a desk and onto the attendance roll they quickly handed her a school uniform so she felt like she belonged and pushed her onto the playground to make friends with the school's resident mean girl/bully who actually stopped harassing the special ed. girl with big glasses and no orthodontist appointments in sight so that she could assess the new girl and mark her playground (otherwise known as the phone and internet room) territory.  

Sadly with better writers and Louise Sorrell in the role, this whole Statesville is the new hangout could have had a whole different (and highly promising) feel once Viv was given the chance to mingle with Dr. Rolf and Orpheus, trade barbs, and pull their dangerous and delightful resources together. 

Agree, Orpheus is generally smarter and two steps ahead of everyone in Salem so him using a situation to his benefit fits the character.  I only wish their scenes hadn't been so short and choppy and that they wouldn't have missed the opportunity for Orpheus to point out (i.e. brag) about how he pulled off the whole fake her death/make her loved ones think she is dead and then mess with their heads about whether she's alive or not scheme over 30 years ago with Marlena to punish Roman for the death of his love.  The parallel was striking.  Bonus points if Orpheus would have ended the conversation by mentioning that now all he has to do is switch out the eggs in Marlena's frig to make Valentine's Day hell.  

I seem to recall in the mid 90s when Jennifer was with Peter and Laura and recast Jack came back to town that Jennifer and Peter were actually living in a different house, though not one that matched the set we saw in the flashback.  I can picture it having the front door on the left as opposed to the right at the Hortons. Might have looked layout-wise like that house Hope and Bo used to live in.  Anyone else recollect that set? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? 😁

Yes its the same house set Bo/Hope had in the 2000s/2010s

Share this post


Link to post

Gabi's dress looked a little too revealing for a business meeting. But she is the owner of her own fashion company and can get away with it.

What a small funeral for Laura Horton. Why they bothered. They could just have had a small lunch at Julie's restaurant. The pancakes were a bit much. Jenn is now off to Boston to clean out the house and deal with the estate? That could keep her busy for a few weeks.

Jake was right to tell Gwen that other people also have sucky upbringings and don't turn out like her.

Sarah and Xander were cute and lighthearted. She really was adamant about that cake.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Julie...read the room, girl. Nobody's in the mood for your 'nana pancakes. I can't believe she asked Jennifer 'what's wrong', and Jennifer didn't respond with "What's wrong?? We're burying my mother today, you insensitive cow!!"

6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Glad they at least acknowledged JJ and Mike today.

I called myself listening for something like this, but I guess I missed it. What was said about them? 

I don't know if it was because of COVID-restricted filming measures, but seems like a few more people could've attended the funeral...Lucas should've been there for his sister. Someone upthread mentioned Marlena's friendship with Laura. Maggie could've gone. Just seemed like such a sad little sendoff.

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Boy, they're really writing Phillip as an ass now aren't they?  He's acting like somehow it was his great maneuvering, rather than daddy's guilt trip/pity that managed to get Xander out of the company.  I'm looking forward to him and Gabi working together, but only if he can reign in the smug.  They didn't really show Laura's funeral at all - just the aftermath.  Seems like a rather anti-climactic end for a pretty major character.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I thought the angel statue at the cemetery was going to send them all to another time, like in Dr. Who with the weeping angels.

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Leave it to Julie to even make a funeral worse.  Hers should be fun, though!

I've either forgotten or never knew, why didn't Chad like Laura?  Did she try to sleep with him, too?

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, boes said:

I've either forgotten or never knew, why didn't Chad like Laura?  Did she try to sleep with him, too?

Because she help his loony wife to fake her death while she treated her for one of her many mental disorders.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'm glad to hear JJ and Mike were at least referenced I didn't think they would bother.

It probably helped that they needed a way for Jennifer to explain that she's "going off to Boston."

49 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I thought the angel statue at the cemetery was going to send them all to another time, like in Dr. Who with the weeping angels.

Good grief, just wait until Dr Rolf figures out how to construct a Dalek!!!

 

As soon as Jake showed up there with Gwenny, I couldn't help but laugh.  I love the way they snark at each other.  

Looks like Gwen is about to drag Abigail down into the mud with her with her hands tied behind her back.  Let me get the popcorn ready!  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

It probably helped that they needed a way for Jennifer to explain that she's "going off to Boston."

Good grief, just wait until Dr Rolf figures out how to construct a Dalek!!!

 

As soon as Jake showed up there with Gwenny, I couldn't help but laugh.  I love the way they snark at each other.  

Looks like Gwen is about to drag Abigail down into the mud with her with her hands tied behind her back.  Let me get the popcorn ready!  

I can see EJ coming back as some sort of Cyberman. A Dalek or any Who creation would be a copyright issue.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

They didn't really show Laura's funeral at all - just the aftermath.  Seems like a rather anti-climactic end for a pretty major character.

They said almost nothing specific about her at all. Except that part about her playing backgammon...which.....was that even a thing?

This is such a sad case of "We can kill off this character to raise the stakes of our poorly-executed story because they're old and no one remembers them, right?"

Geez. Laura was always annoying to me, but she deserved better than this. At the least, a church funeral scene with a eulogy about her so it isnt all about Abigail and Jennifer and Gwen.

I did like the Xarah proposal scene. Realistically she and Maggie should have attended the funeral, though. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I called myself listening for something like this, but I guess I missed it. What was said about them? 

Pardon the expression but they killed two birds with one stone and had Jen tell JJ by phone that she'd be going to Boston to handle Laura's affairs with the help of Uncle Mike.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Lyndsey(Sarah) posted on Twitter yesterday, that she was One Year Sober, castmates & fans were congratulating her.

I didn't know she had an addiction...drugs or alcohol??

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I guess Lindsay is getting a lot of negative comments about her hair, because she went on Twitter to defend it this morning.

 

What did she say?  I can't believe these people...a girl can't change her hairstyle now? Pretty sad when all fans care about is her hair and not her acting. She should have just replied that she didn't want to become the next Lisa Rinna 😁

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

There’s a social media thread. Also tweets can be embedded here so people don’t have to paraphrase them and recap the post. 

Edited by Petunia13

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I guess Lindsay is getting a lot of negative comments about her hair, because she went on Twitter to defend it this 

Edited by chediavolo · Reason: Deletee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size