Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am SO down for this Abigail vs. Gabi vs. Gwen situation. I kinda wanted Gabi to go to Gwen and tell her what Abigail was up to and team up with Gwen to annihilate Abigail lol. But I'll take a Gabi/Abigail teamup against Gwen. Gwen makes anyone instantly more entertaining to me.

I thought that was what was going to happen too for a second.  And I wouldn't mind seeing Gwen and Gabi team up at some point.  That could be fun.  But I'm glad it didn't happen here. It might be fun but Gabi making the decision to align with someone she doesn't know as a friend or enemy after that person had just tried to frame her would be a nonsensical decision.

Gabi might not like Abigail but she knows Abigail.  I'd rather see Gabi just tell Abigail no than do something as stupid as giving Gwen a head's up. 

• Love 2

Evan, getting back at Ciara for trying to save an innocent man for a crime you committed? You killed Jordan. Bayview or not.

Ciara needs to lose the entitlement and smugness. Rhodes was a bit grey. Evan's dad is Orpheus and he is a lot smarter than half of Salem. Evan's loyalties may only be to himself and not his dad. Tread carefully.

Claire did sound like she was some starry eyed teenager waxing on about a Twilight type series when talking about Ben and Ciara. At least her mom was a bit skeptical. Ben, show Shaw the phone and see if they can track the number to the nearest cell phone tower to the location.

Rhodes looked heavy. Who is going to clean up the mess.

Gabs had some good lines with Abs. Enjoyed seeing the frenemies get together. Maybe Gabs will also play Gwen and come out ahead.

Gwen and Charlie were entertaining.

Claire, if you are planning to entrap Charlie, be careful. You could easily end up in a lot of trouble.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Gabs had some good lines with Abs. Enjoyed seeing the frenemies get together. Maybe Gabs will also play Gwen and come out ahead.

I just put my finger on what was bothering me about that scene.  Abigail was still acting like she did nothing wrong.  She started by trying to say she knows what it was like to be accused of doing something you didn't do.  So at that point, shouldn't she have been showing more sympathy for what Gabi went through?  She was acting more like Gabi should show HER sympathy.  Yes, she wasn't in her right mind when she sent Gabi to prison, but Gabi still suffered greatly, and Abigail should have acknowledged that more than she did.  And especially since she did it to her twice.  Saying "Oh, I had my doubts, but I couldn't be bothered to mention them" is not actually an apology.  I really do want Gabi to come out ahead in this situation because, while Gabi has indeed done terrible things it really was Abigail who got the whole revenge ball rolling.

• Love 10
23 hours ago, nilyank said:

Johnny cannot be early-teen as he is the older twin to Allie who is a 20something college graduate.

Even better.  If they could find a good, younger actor in that age range, my Johnny/Stefano-Frankenstein-Creation would be a force to be reckoned with.  

10 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

but for god sake Ben you have physical evidence on your phone. Show him so he can track the damn number!

It said something like "Unknown Caller", so I don't know how much help that would be in Salem, USA.  Probably depends on which dart hits the dartboard for the Storyline-of-the-Day.  

Emily O'Brien has gotten much better since they gave her a back story she can work with.  I enjoyed everything she did in this episode with Charlie.  I even felt like she infused some ambiguity into whether she really believed Charlie is a rapist, or she was preying on his fears as a manipulation tactic.  

Evan claiming to have a conscience after leaving Bayview was hilarious.  Does Dr Rolf know about this procedure???  Why bother pining away for your wooden, underwear model, Ciara, when you have an underwear model with far more personality right in front of you?  A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.  At least that's the rumor going around town.  

By the looks of Rhodes' pathetic apartment, I can see why he was willing to hold Ciara captive for a regular paycheck.  That place made a pigsty look good.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

By the looks of Rhodes' pathetic apartment, I can see why he was willing to hold Ciara captive for a regular paycheck.  That place made a pigsty look good.  

That was supposed to be his apartment? It looked like an abandoned storage unit or something lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

It said something like "Unknown Caller", so I don't know how much help that would be in Salem, USA.  Probably depends on which dart hits the dartboard for the Storyline-of-the-Day. 

Yes, this is starting to feel like Ron making a simple solution complicated.  As I yelled at my tv, "Just show him your phone" and then to Shawn, "ask him to show you the phone," after there were enough references to the call, I realized I was having a moment of déjà vu much like back when I found my self saying almost daily, "Just have Tripp take a DNA test." Well we all know how long and convoluted that answer drug out.  But with real world logistics, I would think that Shawn could use Ben's phone records to get some info on the incoming call and specifically the number even if it showed as "unknown" on Ben's phone. Worst case, it's a burner phone so the number won't make the connection to Rhodes, but cell tower hits should still give a general vicinity where it was used.  But then I guess Ron isn't in a rush to wrap this one up since they'd he have to come up with an explanation for why Hope doesn't come home.

36 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That was supposed to be his apartment? It looked like an abandoned storage unit or something lol.

It reminded me of Jake's place above the garage before Ben moved in with wedding pictures and fortune cookies to freshen it up. 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

It reminded me of Jake's place above the garage before Ben moved in with wedding pictures and fortune cookies to freshen it up. 😁

I feel like Jake's place had at least a table and a bed though. Rhodes had nothing of the sort. Or maybe I'm misremembering. I did fast forward the Ben/Shawn scenes lol.

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like Jake's place had at least a table and a bed though. Rhodes had nothing of the sort. Or maybe I'm misremembering. I did fast forward the Ben/Shawn scenes lol.

Rhode's place had a thin cheap mattress that they flipped around cause my teenager watching parts with me said, "Do they seriously think Ciara is under there?" lol  But yeah, it was dingy and sparse, though they did say the neighbor said Rhodes hadn't been there since Sept. so I assumed he took some things with him. Maybe the painting and bedding in Ciara's cage, though honestly her 'room' looks like décor he robbed from Chez DiMera. 

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think they were trying to convey he was mentally ill by how much it was trashed. But it was probably just the junk room for the props department. 

Is there something going on with Gabi and her not being able to end a conversation smoothly? The last few times she just blurts some random shit then be like “okay bye!” And flouce off..  it’s giving me kiddish or personality disorder teas. 

I think we were supposed to be impressed by how Ciara personally attacks and dares to be killed, both a trafficker of women and a convicted killer of women, but it just comes off dumb AF. Of course all this bullshit is insulting 

Edited by Petunia13
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

...I'm late to the game here but..having just watched Laura's hotel room talk with Gwen...

...they left that really open to interpretation didn't they? Hands raised for those who think Gwen killed her....?

On 2/20/2021 at 1:03 AM, enchantingmonkey said:

Emily O'Brien has gotten much better since they gave her a back story she can work with.

True. Gwen really has been easier to connect with since they grounded her story in something...

• Love 3
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...they left that really open to interpretation didn't they? Hands raised for those who think Gwen killed her....?

I think the writers probably haven't decided yet lol. They're biding their time until they decide to redeem her or need to use her to prop another character or need a villain to blame something on, etc.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 2/18/2021 at 4:17 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

The reason why Julie mentioned the pancakes was a shoutout to AMC for Dixie's death by poisoned pancakes....  in case anyone was wondering(AMC ended up correcting this by brining Dixie back to life with a serum but that's another discussion)

Yeah, as an AMC viewer I knew immediately what we were in for as soon as Julie came in with that damn tray. I’m sure it was meant to be more typical Ron meta, but to me it just felt like giant middle finger to Cady, and to all of us who had to watch one of the most insulting soap deaths of all time. Thanks for reminding us, Ron. 😡

• Love 7

Well, that answers the question of "is the visitation room guarded?"

I wish they would write Kristen to be just straight up evil again. Stacy obviously has a ball when she's playing mean. But can we please never see Susan Banks ever again? The preying on someone who may or may not have intelligence/mental challenges seems tone deaf in 2021.

I am here for Tripp Nicest Guy Ever though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Why is Susan doing this considering how mean, mean Kristen DiMera treats her?

Claire knows she's alone with a rapist, right?

Why does Kristen need a key to Marlena and John's townhouse?  Susan knows that Kristen has tried to kill Marlena multiple times, right?

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why is Susan doing this considering how mean, mean Kristen DiMera treats her?

Claire knows she's alone with a rapist, right?

Why does Kristen need a key to Marlena and John's townhouse?  Susan knows that Kristen has tried to kill Marlena multiple times, right?

Susan apparently can be swayed by the temptation of "ice cream sundae day"... in prison. And Kristen and Marlena are besties now, so she's in no danger. The key was because Susan has been staying there, so when they swapped places, "Susan" (Kristen in disguise) would need it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Are we supposed to like/root for Kristen right now? Before I could tell that was what TPTB wanted us to do even if I didn't buy into it but I'm so confused now. They can not expect the audience to believe Kristen is actually sane and redeemed. Like come on lol.

Mike Manning is too good for this shit show tbh. He makes Charlie so much more interesting than he has any right to be. Is Claire a fucking moron lol? Yea, invite a rapist into your house when you're alone and coerce him into confessing while you record it. Great plan!

• Love 15
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Mike Manning is too good for this shit show tbh. He makes Charlie so much more interesting than he has any right to be.

I remember in the early 2000s I was watching Guiding Light and Matt Bomer first appeared on my screen. I thought he was too good looking and yet, I also thought he was oddly compelling.  He played a legacy character who the show decided to destroy once they knew Matt was leaving. 

They turned his character into a serial killing gigolo and the whole time, I kept thinking about how much more compelling everything about his performance was than the people around him--to the point that I found myself rooting for that serial killing gigolo.

That's kind of how I feel about Charlie right now.  I'm really into everything Mike Manning is doing that I tend to root for him over other characters--even if I otherwise like those characters/actors who play them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

The women's division of Statesville still feels like middle school, not jail.  I mean Susan asking Vivian if they wanted to be cellmates, and then Vivian saying it was going to be a long month as if her friends had gone on a class trip and she was stuck at the lunch table with the weird girl while they were gone.  Add in the drama of the fake chest pains that sounded like the school nurse had her number, "Fine, go ahead and puke on the floor-- I know the cafeteria bologna sandwiches are nasty--but you are still not getting out of that math test." *muttered off-screen*  Also there's clearly a guard teacher shortage, and the warden principal must be off golfing because the prisoners students are running the school.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

What was up with Roman's overly-dyed blonde 'new" hair?  Meanwhile, am I supposed to be laughing at the 'prison Hijinks"?...I just find it all so ridiculous.  Susan was able to get 'dentures" in one day?!  Meanwhile, in the Allie&Tripp scenes, the rolled up blankets are So Fake!  Why cant they at least get some realistic looking Baby dolls to use in those scenes?

• Love 7

Susan Banks will be really disappointed when Sundae Days don't happen. It's prison and not some spa.

Viv should be more crafty with Kristen. Too easy of a bargain.

Claire, be very careful with Charlie. You have no real idea who he is and how many layers he has. Trying to get a confession from him may not have good results. The actor playing him is far too good for this show.

Wonder where Steve and Kayla travelled to - Lake Louise is beautiful at this time.

What was Chloe doing to Brady at the end when 'Susan' came home?

Nice of Tripp to hold a comfy blankey. He is way too nice and empathetic. Might make a good doctor one day.

• Love 7

I agree with what you all are saying about MM as Charlie.  He is giving a really layered performance; and is almost too sympathetic.  He seemed to be genuinely ashamed and remorseful in those confession scenes (beyond just fearing Claire’s rejection).  I find myself rooting for a redemption arc.

As much as I don’t find it believable that Tripp would want anything to do with Allie, I enjoyed the scenes between them and the blanket.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I remember in the early 2000s I was watching Guiding Light and Matt Bomer first appeared on my screen. I thought he was too good looking and yet, I also thought he was oddly compelling.  He played a legacy character who the show decided to destroy once they knew Matt was leaving. 

They turned his character into a serial killing gigolo and the whole time, I kept thinking about how much more compelling everything about his performance was than the people around him--to the point that I found myself rooting for that serial killing gigolo.

That's kind of how I feel about Charlie right now.  I'm really into everything Mike Manning is doing that I tend to root for him over other characters--even if I otherwise like those characters/actors who play them.

It pretty much killed GL for me I loved Ben and Ben/Marina at the time. Course GL would die about 6 years later when it went off the air.  Funny thing is I remembered him on AMC and he wasn't really that compelling on that show course it was a bit part where he played the boyfriend of the girl Bianca fell in love with(that's when we found out she was gay).

I agree about MM he makes Charlie a lot more compelling than he already is. I hope he finds a much better gig post Days. 

Course it also helps that I don't get how Charlie is so much worse than other characters who have done worse and are considered redeemed. Ben comes to mind after him Charlie is nothing in comparison(that being said I don't want him redeemed either but if he were its not worse than what we've already seen on this show).

• Love 4
15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think the writers probably haven't decided yet lol. They're biding their time until they decide to redeem her or need to use her to prop another character or need a villain to blame something on, etc.

Makes sense.

Well no, I take that back, actually it doesn't, but it's in keeping with the storytelling approach on this show.

For the record, I am deeply lost on what TPTB want us to feel regarding Kristen. I think Ron is using her as a villain again. But if that's the goal, have her threaten Susan into taking her place. Go all in.

Brady staying with her if she does more crazy stuff just ruins him though.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

Linda Dano as snarky Vivian stuck in prison is an improvement over her involvement with Lani and Eli, so if they continue to write her scenes with hints of comedy I'll probably keep watching them.  

Another vote for Mike Manning being too good for this garbage writing but I'm so glad he's here to make me want to root for Charlie when I shouldn't.  I'm assuming we got multiple glimpses of Claire's phone because it ran out of memory/storage before Charlie made his confession, at least that's how it appeared.  Otherwise, I'll be rooting for Charlie's revenge against Claire, even though I don't dislike Isabel Durant as much I did previously.  But sheesh, she's still so robotic in too many of her scenes.  I have to keep telling myself that all of the meds she takes has stripped Claire of her personality.   

There was someone her who speculated that Tripp might be romantically involved with Allie after everything was cleared up, so his big, cheesy smile at the end came as no surprise.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I have to keep telling myself that all of the meds she takes has stripped Claire of her personality.   

Interesting! If only the same were true for Abigail. MM is better but still....this character sucks.

...here's a question: was Ava ever blamed for Brady getting shot? It was her mob people who shot him...and Nicole is far more protective of Brady.....and yet here she is worrying about Ava....

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Interesting! If only the same were true for Abigail. MM is better but still....this character sucks.

...here's a question: was Ava ever blamed for Brady getting shot? It was her mob people who shot him...and Nicole is far more protective of Brady.....and yet here she is worrying about Ava....

Is it sad that I never even made this connection? That's how thrilling this storyline has been. To answer your question, wasn't Ava being held hostage during this time by Charlie and her cousin(?) was in charge of the mob? I think that's why no one is blaming Ava, since she technically wouldn't have been the one to approve the hit. If I were Brady and Victor, I would hold a grudge, but I doubt it'll be mentioned since the mob portion of the storyline has presumably concluded.

Ava and Tripp are just so boring. I reread this, and I meant to say Allie and Tripp. Both hold up.

Are we still in February Sweeps? Were we ever? This seemed like a very mellow sweeps period. I'm ready for something to happen.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

This! 

10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Susan Banks will be really disappointed when Sundae Days don't happen. It's prison and not some spa.

It basically is a spa though! They let the prisoners do whatever they want!

9 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Course it also helps that I don't get how Charlie is so much worse than other characters who have done worse and are considered redeemed. Ben comes to mind after him Charlie is nothing in comparison(that being said I don't want him redeemed either but if he were its not worse than what we've already seen on this show).

Yep. Like I said, once they tried to sell a redemption story for a serial killer that murdered 3 women, they gave up any hope they ever had of getting the audience to think any character is unredeemable.

8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I'm assuming we got multiple glimpses of Claire's phone because it ran out of memory/storage before Charlie made his confession, at least that's how it appeared.  

Yea, I think that's what's going to happen too. They showed the phone, with the storage visible, so many times.

32 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Are we still in February Sweeps? Were we ever? This seemed like a very mellow sweeps period. I'm ready for something to happen.

I agree that this hasn't felt like a sweeps month at all. There was like a week there where I was really enjoying the show but it wasn't because of any exciting sweeps style story.

• Love 3

The only blessing with this stupid Kristen plot is that if she snaps and tries to kill Chloe Brady will finally have to dump her psycho ass

Susan agreeing to go to prison for a month for somebody she hated as recently as last month boggles the mind

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

The only blessing with this stupid Kristen plot is that if she snaps and tries to kill Chloe Brady will finally have to dump her psycho ass

Susan agreeing to go to prison for a month for somebody she hated as recently as last month boggles the mind

I keep seeing people say this, but is this true? Didn't Kristen just hold his niece hostage at Marlena and John's wedding? I can't remember the details, but isn't she also responsible for having Xander shoot Marlena at her wedding. Wasn't she also holding Sami hostage and drugging her. She also kept Nicole hostage and faked Holly's death - which did directly impact Chloe - and he's still been Kristen's biggest defender. That's not even with us getting into all the awful things she's done to Eric in the not so distant past. I just don't see why attempting to kill Chloe would be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

And she just stabbed Victor.

Because she found out her child was alive.

I was trying to get on board with Ron's Susan but I can't now. She was never this brain damaged. The hideous clothes alone were too much. She never looked this bad. But this jail thing makes zero sense. He's gone too far with her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I keep seeing people say this, but is this true? Didn't Kristen just hold his niece hostage at Marlena and John's wedding? I can't remember the details, but isn't she also responsible for having Xander shoot Marlena at her wedding. Wasn't she also holding Sami hostage and drugging her. She also kept Nicole hostage and faked Holly's death - which did directly impact Chloe - and he's still been Kristen's biggest defender. That's not even with us getting into all the awful things she's done to Eric in the not so distant past. I just don't see why attempting to kill Chloe would be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

True, but he has the possibility of sex with Chloe, which he didn't with Sami, Marlena, Nicole (still hung up on Eric) or Victor.  Since he thinks with the organ not in his head he may look at it as "protecting" her.  He demonstrated with Eve that he has no problem throwing one woman away for another.

• LOL 6
24 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Isabella would be ashamed. Wish she could do another haunting and tell him to get his act together.

Was her last haunting when Brady locked Vivian in the sarcophagus, or has there been another that I've missed? I still remember a hilarious interview with the actress who plays Isabella saying Isabella was an ineffective ghost considering Brady just ignored her warnings. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Is Maggie Rogers off the show for awhile?  Seemed like an 'out of the blue" storyline to get her out of town.  I do like Sarah & Xander together.  Belle is in full "Mama Bear" mode.  Is "Arrividerci" the Trigger word for Charlie?!

• Love 3

Arrivederci--literally the only thing I don't like about Charlie right now.

Interesting--isn't Salem in IL?  That's a two party consent state for recording.  Her tape wouldn't have done much in IL at least.  Who knows what would have happened in England. 

• Love 4

I don't have the words to describe how massively stupid and cringeworthy today's episode was.  It doesn't bode well for the story line if I can't tell the difference between Kristen's pretending to be Susan and the actual Susan--that was Kristen as Susan right?  And why the hell would Claire let Charlie take her own phone out her hand to silence the ringer?  It's her phone. and that she just stands there while Belle tries to take the phone back from Charlie--I would have had more respect for her if she'd tried to help her mom but this new Claire's kind of lame.

I do like how BB is playing Jake--he cares for Kate but is still very much drawn to Gabi.  Now this has the potential to be wonderfully soapy and adding Phillip to the mix will make things interesting.  At least he's out of Chloe's orbit who is one of the most pointless character to ever exist.  I kind of hope Kristen snaps and kills her.

Why would Mags go and visit Summer?  So this adult woman in her forties can blame her birth mom that she only met a couple of years ago for even more stuff?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Oh help an oldie (not that old, really, kind of middle of the road) but someone stunted in the symbols/emoji department.  What was Gabi's message to Jake?

I haven't seen today's show yet.  Was there an eggplant involved?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I haven't seen today's show yet.  Was there an eggplant involved?

No.  IT was just symbols.  Something like ;-*).  It was quick and I was far away from the TV so this is probably, most definitely, wrong.  🙂 

I know the basics but you get past more than three things in a row, I'm lost.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Arrivederci--literally the only thing I don't like about Charlie right now.

Interesting--isn't Salem in IL?  That's a two party consent state for recording.  Her tape wouldn't have done much in IL at least.  Who knows what would have happened in England. 

It's never really been confirmed. The characters talk a lot about Chicago, and a map of IL is in the police station. However, we've never gotten a true confirmation. And when the cast talks of Salem - in interviews, social media, etc. - they usually say, "Salem, USA."

That being said, Salem's laws are dependent on the storyline regardless of its physical location.

• Love 4

Sweet Jesus, Kristen. If you don't want to get found out, maybe don't go guns blazing in as "Susan", since it's obviously a complete 180 as to how she's been acting around Brady and Chloe. CAN THIS PLEASE BE THE END OF BRADY AND KRISTEN?! Which deity do I need to pray to to make this happen? I will convert to all of the religions

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

I don't understand why Claire didn't:

A). Hide the phone where Charlie couldn't see it before she left him in so she didn't have to make that lame excuse of silencing it.

B). Actually answer it when it rang, which would have given her the opportunity to end the recording and given her an excuse to get away from Charlie since she got what she needed. "Sorry, it's my mom who needs me to meet her. We'll have to have sex another night, Charlie."

C) Have someone else hiding in another room so she wasn't alone with Charlie and who would have also heard the confession and recorded it.

D) ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Claire just comes off as dumb as rocks so while I should be rooting for her in theory, I end up rooting for Charlie the rapist, which is just bizarre, but goes to how well the actor is pulling this off. 

I fail to see that Jake and Kate have much of a relationship beyond sex.  And I can't decide if Jake just wants Kate to work with him because he's stuck in love sick school boy mode and is planning for afternoon delights at the office or if it's because he has no clue how to run a major corporate and needs Kate's help but doesn't want to admit it. I'm sure though it's one of the two, if not a mix of both. 

17 hours ago, drtslim said:

As much as I don’t find it believable that Tripp would want anything to do with Allie, I enjoyed the scenes between them and the blanket.

Agree. I hate to admit it but I found their scenes yesterday kinda cute in that budding new young couple kinda way.  I still find Allie annoying, but there might be some potential there between the two of them.  Though I would like to see some substance to their relationship build-up.  Like I'd find it more believable that Tripp started to fall for Allie if Charlie became menacing/a threat and Tripp initially started stopping by because he didn't trust Charlie or Charlie was causing her and Henry grief. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

Hammy Brady wasn't at all suspicious of Susan Banks having an unhealthy interest in Chloe changing his bandage? My red flags would be flying sky-high.  And having a weird interest in him? Especially with doppelganger Kristen in prison?

Claire, that wasn't too bright. If you are doing the phone recording thing, plan ahead. You put it in your bag or something so if it rings, you can go to the bag and turn off the recording app. And is it really gone or can you recover it from the phone provider? Charlie was good and you could see the conflict and his wish to be seen as a decent guy who can redeem himself. Belle really didn't have to threaten to kill him if he comes near her daughter.

Philip was right about Gabi just wanting her company to stick it to DiMera and her focus on Jake. Don't really see anything more than a physical relationship between him and Kate. Why would she want to leave her nice job doing Abe's PR/Comms to work with her boyfriend. That could get complicated. He also has a pull to Gabi.

Why would Maggie go to visit Summer? She's barely been a part of her life and only showed up for a couple of minutes. She could call her or have a Zoom chat.

What is the rush to get married? Enjoy being engaged for a month.

• Love 5