Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Is becoming "a ward of the state" a UK thing as well? Because if Gwen was around 11 years old when her mother died, she had to have been living in the UK by then to have acquired the British accent; but they keep saying she was a ward of the state which makes me think she went into a US orphanage. 

7 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

100% with you here! I couldn't believe he was still so dense to think it was about the money with Gwen and then how insulting to try and buy her off again.  His lecture to an even denser Laura was a very compelling scene and well done. If only he had shown some of that anguish when he was with Gwen and realized he'd been robbed of a daughter.  I hope now that it sinks in to him that he treats Gwen better than Abs did with that ridiculous stance she gave on protecting her grandmother who was the root of all of this trouble as Jack pointed out. 

Insulting? Gwen tried to turn his daughter into a vegetable all for the crime of Jack "picking her" over Gwen, which isn't even accurate. Jack could have, and should have done, much worse to her. He should have put a boot up her ass and told her to grow the hell up. Why exactly should Abigail have treated Gwen well in their scenes? Again, Gwen tried to scramble her brain and then slept with her husband and gloated about it and has no remorse. Gwen said she would kill the person who kept her from Jack and Abigail was supposed to serve her grandmother to this person? Long-lost daughter or not, I hope Jack keeps her at a distance until she can actually display some remorse for her disgusting behavior.

8 hours ago, nilyank said:

Of course, Abby's first instinct to hearing Laura's tale is to hug her and act as if she did nothing wrong. Meanwhile, Jennifer is horrified and can't be in the same room with her mother. 

I'm not sure what was so horrible about her actions. Her grandmother was bawling in front of her and Abigail chose not to kick her while she was down. It's not like Jennifer, horrified or not, took her mother to task either. I have a feeling if Abigail had laid into her she would have gotten called a hypocrite because she's done bad things, too.

• Love 13

Unlike others, I am not loving Gwen. I think the actress is good and she has chemistry with her newfound family members, but I'm detesting the writing for her where we're supposed to sympathize with poor, demented Gwen because she had a horrible childhood. Guess what many people have an don't grow up without a conscience and go around drugging people for no reason. I hate how they mostly have Jack sit back and take it while she twists history and absolves herself for her own wrongdoing. Guess what Gwen, just because Jack was raised rich doesn't mean his life was all wine and roses. Ditto for Abigail. Abigail barely even grew up with Jack with his disappearances and the times he was presumed dead. And, I swear, someone better mention JJ at some point. Gwen keeps acting like Jack only has one other child. According to Gwen's fantasy version of the Deveraux history, JJ also grew up living the sweet life with pony lessons etc.

• Love 9

I'm not loving Gwen. What does she want from her biological father? As an adult woman in her 30s looking for a bio parent, it's for many reasons, including closure, needing a family member for some medical treatment, wanting to meet your bio parents, or yes, simply wanting a cash payout if the parent has money. She is completely hung up on her little sister having a better life and upbringing than her. I get this behaviour if she is young but Gwen is an adult. A lot of people have horrible childhoods, and some continue to have horrible adulthoods, but Gwen had choices. She likes to live in her fantasy life story narrative that her father didn't want her and paid her mother for the both of them to go away. If Jack had another child, wouldn't that have been in his book? Gwen couldn't investigate on her own and reach out without her schemes to addle her half-sister's mind, break up her sister's marriage, break up her father's marriage, overlook the fact that Jack wasn't part of Abs' life for all her life and that he has disappeared or been dead a few times, possibly can't remember some of his life. Does she want for her dad to pay for horseriding lessons for her? Why does JJ continue to be a non-entity for her?

I did like her line in saying that she wanted to kill whoever did pay her mother off. Wonder if they'll get rid of Laura.

Jack had every right to tear in to Laura. She had no right to do what she did and play God. Pay someone off, not give a crap about the kid when learning that the mother died. The money would now be over. Does Abs think that what her Grandma did was right? She seemed more sympathetic than Jennifer.

I liked Chad wiping off Gwen's red makeup.

Thought Lani and Eli were at Murder Park, waiting for Dr. Raynor. Took a long time to figure out that Madame is Madame Alamain.

Vivian seemed a bit out of it. Stefan and Jake would be in their early to mid 40s. And no, Ivan, a woman in her 70s does not have the interest or the energy level to parent two infants much less one. Madame will need nannies. She can be a doting grandma who spends a couple of hours with the kids and passes them back to their mom.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm not sure what was so horrible about her actions. Her grandmother was bawling in front of her and Abigail chose not to kick her while she was down. It's not like Jennifer, horrified or not, took her mother to task either. I have a feeling if Abigail had laid into her she would have gotten called a hypocrite because she's done bad things, too.

I admit that I have a bias against Abigail therefore she can never do anything right in my eyes. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5

If someone was going to potentially attack my grandmother who I loved with all of my heart, that would not be something I would facilitate in any way, shape or form.  Unless it's just a case of Abigail-Haters-Are-Gonna-Hate, I can't understand why Abigail is getting grief for looking out for her grandmother.  

I don't get the impression, at all, that we're supposed to be sympathizing with Gwen.  If anything, I like that she's a victim of circumstances and she's made some pretty horrible choices of her own accord.  

Jack and Laura's confrontation was great but, seriously, I was so disappointed they didn't Cady McClain's Jennifer unleash any kind of fury.  Gawd, I miss ATWT's Rosanna.  

Ivan stealing those babies on his own accord was so clunky, especially when Vivian stealing them out of vengeance would have been more interesting.  

I love that Gwen's life story is actually wrong but her hate and rage is pulling the other characters in her orbit down into the mud with her.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I don't get the impression, at all, that we're supposed to be sympathizing with Gwen.  If anything, I like that she's a victim of circumstances and she's made some pretty horrible choices of her own accord.

The reason I feel like we're supposed to sympathize with her is they've dirtied up a long-time character like Laura just to somewhat protect Gwen and show that "see, she wasn't lying and really believed everything her mother told her and had every right to be pissed off and lash out." And, more than that, it's the way her scenes, especially with Jack play out, with her always seeming to get the last word and every time people call her on her own disgusting behavior she whines and complains about her poor childhood and twists their own history and Jack just stands there and takes it. With their first confrontation, their scenes ended with Gwen on her own sobbing in her room with sad music playing. Today, we end with her musing about whether she was wrong about it all. I don't mind them writing her with nuance, but I need more people pushing back against her self-righteous anger and for her to not constantly have the upper hand.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

52 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

If someone was going to potentially attack my grandmother who I loved with all of my heart, that would not be something I would facilitate in any way, shape or form.  Unless it's just a case of Abigail-Haters-Are-Gonna-Hate, I can't understand why Abigail is getting grief for looking out for her grandmother.  

I really don't think it was the fact that Abigail  didn't "kick her while she was down" or that anyone expected her to lay in to Laura.  I was irritated by the fact that she kept telling Laura that it was OK and she was only protecting Jennifer - that essentially she did nothing wrong.  (I wasn't paying terribly close attention - didn't she actually SAY that Laura had done nothing wrong?) Both Jennifer and Jack (the people she was supposedly "protecting") did, indeed, think she had done something wrong.  Especially after discovering Gwen's mother had died.  Just because SHE thought Tiffany was an awful person, she decided her child wasn't worth being concerned about either.

I don't fault Abigail for not telling Gwen it was her grandmother who paid off her mother.

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Vivian seemed a bit out of it. Stefan and Jake would be in their early to mid 40s. And no, Ivan, a woman in her 70s does not have the interest or the energy level to parent two infants much less one.

This.  This is a REALLY stupid plot.  Apparently the writers are at a complete loss to come up with anything that will make Lani and Eli interesting so they're just pulling out an old soap trope.  Someone is REALLY doing contortions to try and make this seem like something someone would do.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I don't get the impression, at all, that we're supposed to be sympathizing with Gwen.  

I think we're supposed to sympathize with her in a way but I don't think they're trying to shove her down out throats as a 'good' character whose bad deeds we should just ignore like they do with so many others (Ben, Abigail, Kristen to name a few). That is why it's easy for me to continue to like her. It's the ott, stupid deifying of characters that have, you know, killed people and what not that really keeps me from liking them.

• Love 8

Will be funny if the kidnapping plot ends with Viv telling Ivan to return the kids cause he is insane to think she wants to raise twins at her age. Although I think if he really wanted to get her interested he needed to tell her they were Lani's kids. Wonder why he withheld that?

I can both like Gwen and feel bad for her and still be appalled at what she did to Abby (despite disliking Abby). I liked seeing Matt A finally have something to do again. He is not as good as he was in 1988 when he found out he was Billy, but that was long ago and far away

• Love 6

I don't care about Gwen one way or another but I do feel that child Gwen was screwed over for the most horrid of reasons by Laura wanting to spare Jennifer who at the time was with Peter. Not Jack.

Do I chuckle that Gwen got Chad to spout all those horrible things about Abby? Of course. 

Do I think that Gwen actually slept with Chad? Nope, since we didn't see the deed.

What about drugging Abby? I am just happy that Chad and Abby were wrong about Gabi being guilty and am glad Gabi doesn't seem to be involved in their dull love story.

If Gwen leaves the show, I won't be broken up even if I do think Emily is doing a great job in her portrayal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Abby has never had a moral compass so it makes sense she would be fine with her grandmother's vile act.  This is the same woman who looked at Sami in the face playing with her kids while sleeping with her husband.. She is lucky that Sami did not kill her..

Back when that Sami/EJ/Abs mess was playing out, I thought it almost was out of character that Sami and/or EJ didn't try to have Abi offed to solve their problems. It was around that time they also had a hit out on Nick.  I never did think the full angle of it played out--where Abi realized not only that she was no longer the Horton Princess but a Horton Homewrecker but also in way over her head with a criminals family who didn't play by the Horton rules. 

Back to the present, since Gwen had all those news clippings, I would love for her to say that she got the inspiration for sleeping with Chad by mimicking her little sis when she couldn't stop dropping her panties for a nearly married EJ.  

12 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Insulting? Gwen tried to turn his daughter into a vegetable all for the crime of Jack "picking her" over Gwen, which isn't even accurate. Jack could have, and should have done, much worse to her. He should have put a boot up her ass and told her to grow the hell up. Why exactly should Abigail have treated Gwen well in their scenes? Again, Gwen tried to scramble her brain and then slept with her husband and gloated about it and has no remorse. Gwen said she would kill the person who kept her from Jack and Abigail was supposed to serve her grandmother to this person? Long-lost daughter or not, I hope Jack keeps her at a distance until she can actually display some remorse for her disgusting behavior.

Insulting the way Jack handled things when they were at the hospital after the test reveal. Her mother was paid off (which Gwen was lead by extension of Laura to believe was Jack's idea) and then Jack turned around in the present and did the same thing for real this time. That move signalized that he was still choosing to reject her and not deal with her, even if he didn't make the choice the first time. He was doing the very thing she'd believed he'd done all along.  Except now he knew she was his flesh and blood, and (prior to going home and hearing what Laura did) didn't show any indication at the hospital that it affected him in a parental way.  I get being angry with her for the revengeful route she took, but at the realization that she was his daughter, he chose to try and rid her from his life rather than make any kind of nod to get to know her and move beyond the messy hand they'd been dealt.  Gwen's made perfectly clear how this affected her, and Jack can see that she's a woman lashing out after suffering the results of childhood trauma.  The pickings for psychological help in Salem are a bit ironic, but I'd still expect Jack to try and help (not just financially but emotionally and psychological) his daughter.  He's dealt with similar issues himself with his own adoptive & biological family so there should be a level where he can relate and find support.  Heck, if Kayla can forgive him for raping her, then if we are to believe that Jack is a changed and good person, he'll work towards forgiveness for Gwen's actions , most of which relied on pulling the strings of existing issues Abs, Chad, and Jack/Jennifer had.  Maybe there's a group rate for therapy in Salem. If not, apparently Jack has the funds to cover all of them.

8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I really don't think it was the fact that Abigail  didn't "kick her while she was down" or that anyone expected her to lay in to Laura.  I was irritated by the fact that she kept telling Laura that it was OK and she was only protecting Jennifer - that essentially she did nothing wrong.  (I wasn't paying terribly close attention - didn't she actually SAY that Laura had done nothing wrong?) Both Jennifer and Jack (the people she was supposedly "protecting") did, indeed, think she had done something wrong.  Especially after discovering Gwen's mother had died.  Just because SHE thought Tiffany was an awful person, she decided her child wasn't worth being concerned about either.

Good points! And the last one really touches on something I've noticed about the narrative. In the pub flashback scenes, Laura sat there high and mighty in her pants-suit and saloon hair, looking down on Tiffany in her 80s wanna-be rocker style. Putting aside the fact that Ron got the decades style wrong, it still felt like a rich and snobbish Laura couldn't wait to rid her family of a poor single mother because it was beneath them.  As if Jennifer was somehow tainted by Jack stooping to have a ONS with a cocktail waitress even if they were then divorced. That was again reinforced when they returned to the present and Laura made commentary about how awful Tiffany was. Now I know Gwen indicated that Mum had a drug problem, but nothing in the scenes between Laura and Tiffany mentioned it. In those, Tiffany was just a scrapping to get by single parent who saw her child's father on a successful news show and decided it was time he paid support after realizing she had a way to let him know he was a father. But even if Laura did find out about the coke habit, all the more reason to have concern for little Gwen's well-being. None the less, the undertones of Laura's motivations (and Abby's support of) have a strong social class discrimination to them. 

• Love 10

The sad thing about Susan is that she is just a clown and a throwback from the 90's.  Ron is incapable of writing characters in particular women with any type of depth and relevancy.  They are either weak damsels in distress or campy villainesses.  He is just a hack who has worn out his welcome.. Retired at last, you are so right the show is indeed lost.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

He's dealt with similar issues himself with his own adoptive & biological family so there should be a level where he can relate and find support.  Heck, if Kayla can forgive him for raping her, then if we are to believe that Jack is a changed and good person, he'll work towards forgiveness for Gwen's actions , most of which relied on pulling the strings of existing issues Abs, Chad, and Jack/Jennifer had. 

I think he will.  But in the moment, I don't think blood means he should be looking to automatically forgive her.  Or even be in the position to considering all that she has done. 

Is he confirming her worst fears? Sure.  But she made sure that's how they'd feel.  And she has focused on money very much in her complaints. 

• Love 7

Susan is painful to watch. However I also find Stacey as Kristen painful.  This episode sucks. Cierra over acting with her supposedly insta food poisoning, Susan overacting with that screeching, Marlena defending Kristen and Brady's true loveeeee, Ben thinking that a picture falling over means Cierra is alive and not that her ghost is haunting him, snuffling baby noises... only thing keeping me from drinking mid day is Linda Dano and Chloe snitching on Kristen to Brady

Edit: Turned it off when Susan tried so summon Cierra or whatever the hell that was

Edited by brisbydog
edit
  • Love 4

Not quite at "Nicole walks around town talking to herself" level of boring, but I nearly fell asleep watching today's episode.  Not very exciting for sweeps.

I think it would have made more sense for Vivian to have stolen the babies for revenge, than Ivan kidnapping them as a way of replacing her original twins.

I'm a huge Cin fan, but not loving this storyline.  Hopefully they have a reunion, but if VK isn't back for good, (I don't know how long she's back for) it obviously will be a short one.

Susan is always over the top, and I liked Stacy's portrayal of her the last time, but all the screeching today was ridiculous.

I guess the Chloe/Brady scenes were ok, but still boring.

Hopefully tomorrow will be more exciting.

• Love 3

Marlena is delusional if she thinks Kristin has totally transformed herself. 

If Ciara didn't barf up the meal or poop on the floor, Rhodes should probably have figured she was faking it. 

Hope Launi doesn't go too hard on old Viv...after all Vivian is a MOTHER. 🙄

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Retired at last said:

Does anyone think that is really Susan? I am sure it is Kristen out of jail (again) to spy on Brady. I don't know how she managed to get the real Susan to take her place, but I would be surprised if it is not Kristen.

I think it is really Susan because Kristen would not give a fig about Ben/Cierra, but I think Kristen will try to swap with Susan so she can slobber all over Brady in hospital and Susan will go for it cause Marlena said Kristen is nice now. Blech

• Useful 3

Kristen, the woman who just escaped from jail holding her brother at gunpoint and threatened to kill Chloe is changed, huh?

These are newborn babies, stolen just hours after they were born.  Has anybody fed those poor babies?

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Kristen, the woman who just escaped from jail holding her brother at gunpoint and threatened to kill Chloe is changed, huh?

These are newborn babies, stolen just hours after they were born.  Has anybody fed those poor babies?

Lani went into labor on Christmas and had the babies by NYE. It's now February. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Back to the present, since Gwen had all those news clippings, I would love for her to say that she got the inspiration for sleeping with Chad by mimicking her little sis when she couldn't stop dropping her panties for a nearly married EJ.  

This idea is SO good. 

14 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Lani went into labor on Christmas and had the babies by NYE. It's now February. 

We got confirmation yesterday, I think, that it's January 2nd in Salem because Lani or Eli said the babies were stolen 2 days ago.

This episode was pretty boring but I did laugh at Vivian imagining raising the twins.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

We got confirmation yesterday, I think, that it's January 2nd in Salem because Lani or Eli said the babies were stolen 2 days ago.

OK, if in-show they are one month behind IRL, DOOL better not even hint at any Valentine's Day shenanigans involving anyone. This isn't Marvel people - no multiverse allowed!

Edited by norcalgal

Each time Vivian imagined the future with the twins, I kept wondering when she was going to realize one of them is female. And then to find out Ivan knew the whole time but didn't bother to mention that tiny little detail from the get go. This entire story line is so ridiculous. Why couldn't Lani have her twins and go on an extended mat leave off screen.

Edited by RunningMarket
grammar
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I like how Days is making JJ non existent. It’s Abigail 24/7. Of course, if Gwen didn’t stop yapping about I might not notice it. We get it. Jack has TWO daughters. Jeez!

Its for the best the show only cares about Abby when it comes to J&J's spawn. JJ is a spare the show cares nothing for. A shame that I like him so much more than his sisters. Glutton for punishment I guess.

3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Hope Launi doesn't go too hard on old Viv...after all Vivian is a MOTHER. 🙄

Dear GOD, someone needs to say that to Lani. preferably Gabi 🙂

This was a rather lame episode, especially Ciara's declaring her and Ben's love was more epic then Romeo and Juliet's.

• Love 11
On 2/3/2021 at 4:57 PM, bunnyblue said:

I've never liked Laura, but I think dragging her out of storage and making her completely responsible for keeping Gwen & Jack apart is a shitty thing to do to the character. I mean, as a Jack fangirl, I'm glad he's come out of this relatively clean and is not the heartless asshole who did the things Gwen said he did, but I don't like that Laura has been thrown under the bus in order to make Gwen a member of the Deveraux clan. 

I also don't buy Laura would do something like this in general especially after all the drama she went through with Mike's paternity. However, that would have to mean he would need to be acknowledged and this show doesn't care for Horton males so..

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I seem to recall Dr. Rainer mentioned something yesterday about the kidnapper giving her a list of things to bring or buy.  So I'm guessing Ivan had Rainer provide diapers, wipes, and formula.  Since they were born on Christmas and spent a week in the hospital, being discharged on or right after New Years, they'd be about a week or two old.  So definitely frequent feeders and poopers. If Madame and Ivan haven't changed them, Lanni and Eli should be able to follow the smell trail soon. 😀

30 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I also don't buy Laura would do something like this in general especially after all the drama she went through with Mike's paternity. However, that would have to mean he would need to be acknowledged and this show doesn't care for Horton males so..

Jack did bring up Mike Horton yesterday when he was railing at Laura. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 2/3/2021 at 2:16 PM, brisbydog said:

How did Viv not hear those snuffling babies throughout that first scene?

OMG, the amount of snuffling that babies do on this show drives me over the edge!! 

• Love 4

Wouldn't Ciara be vomiting or otherwise be living in the washroom if she had food poisoning? I've had food poisoning/nororviruses that occurred within a few hours or up to 48 hours later. Her plan did work.

Why would you leave your own home when you had guests in it? Claire must still have her key to lock the door so she, Ben, and Susan Banks can leave. And leave the casserole in the oven.

Susan's screeching almost made me turn the volume off! No need for such an overreaction to not finding Ciara in the dead people zone. She couldn't just call Marlena to advise her of her premonition about Brady?

Viv, it took you a bit of time to realize you have one girl and one boy. And at your age, why would you want this? It's a nice fantasy. You are better off returning them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This episode was pretty boring but I did laugh at Vivian imagining raising the twins.

Is that what was happening?  I was so confused by those scenes that my finger accidentally fell onto the FF button.  

Aside from Susan referring to Ben as The Necktie Killer there was much of anything that was interesting or entertaining about this episode, and it was probably the most I've FF-d through an episode in months.  

I think I'll take Linda Dano over Robin Strasser as Vivian but that isn't saying much, as I don't see Dano's muted performance much more interesting than Strasser trying to chew all of the scenery.  

Rhodes, the Kidnapper-With-A-Heart-Of-Gold.  How quaint.  Why can't cold-hearted Vincent be here?  

I feel bad for whichever writer had to script today's episode.  

23 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I don't mind them writing her with nuance, but I need more people pushing back against her self-righteous anger and for her to not constantly have the upper hand.

Interesting.  She may be shouting louder and getting in the last word but I don't see that as her having the upper hand.  I see her as a wounded person who's lashing out and tearing down everything around her in an effort to hold on to some narrative that she needs to be true.  She's not winning, in my mind, unless she believes some kind of Torched-Earth philosophy will lead to victory.  It won't.   

• Love 2
9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Interesting. [Gwen] may be shouting louder and getting in the last word but I don't see that as her having the upper hand.  I see her as a wounded person who's lashing out and tearing down everything around her in an effort to hold on to some narrative that she needs to be true.  She's not winning, in my mind, unless she believes some kind of Torched-Earth philosophy will lead to victory.  It won't.   

That's how I see it, too. And again, it's part of the appeal of Gwen to me. Give me a wounded bitch lashing out and getting shit for it over an entitled bitch being an asshole while everyone falls all over themselves to absolve her (Hi, Abigail!).

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Glad to see Kristen is suffering zero consequences for her prison break. Back to her unlimited wifi and 24/7 phone privileges. And after two seconds of having a spine Brady back to making excuses for her.

Fastforwarded all Screeching Susan  I just can't with this 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Did Lani and Eli really just throw their, likely loaded, guns into a hallway where anyone could just come along and pick them up?  And then give up their cell phones?  And then get tricked into being locked in a room?  I know they need conflict, but really ..;.

And is that how premonitions work?  Like you can tune into an actual live happening event.  Kinda like over the air tv antennas. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Did Lani and Eli really just throw their, likely loaded, guns into a hallway where anyone could just come along and pick them up?  And then give up their cell phones?  And then get tricked into being locked in a room?  I know they need conflict, but really ..;.

And is that how premonitions work?  Like you can tune into an actual live happening event.  Kinda like over the air tv antennas. 

That would be remote viewing. Premonitions are seen before an event happens.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I had the show on mute today because I'm busy with other things and had no interest.  Even that wasn't enough to not be completely distracted by the shrieking.  Doubled up now with Susan and Kristen. 

• Love 2

Vivian came across as a little senile yesterday, but today's episode confirmed it. Who would stay in the same place where they were found so many months ago, not even changing apartments? Two dumb people like Vivian and Ivan it seems. Unless that was the most imaginative way the writers were able come up with so that even the super-bungling duo of the Salem PD could manage to find them.

What is the problem with getting Charlie's DNA? On many cop shows they have these "gotcha!" moments when they seize the glass a suspect was drinking from in the interrogation room because the DNA on it is considered "surrendered". Unless this legal point varies from state to state; or the SPD is too cheap to even make water available to those people they keep handcuffed to a table for days on end.

Susan's screeching is indeed one of the most annoying things on TV these days. Then again, the character itself has been nothing more than a very tasteless caricature for a long time now.

The actress playing Gwen still portrays her as a cross between Snidely Whiplash from Dudley Do-Right and Dishonest John from Beany and Cecil. The only thing she lacks are mustaches to twirl.

• Love 4

After 20 minutes of Kristen screeching followed by Susan doing the same, I turned it off. The character of Susan has long past her best before date, IMO. Every character on this show is a complete moron, and I just don't care what trouble they get into or if they ever get out of it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8