Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

There’s a lucite drawer in the center of the cage wall. It’s for the captor to put food/water/meds in and the prisoner to pull the drawer inside and retrieve the item? Or was there a doorknob on the wall behind Princess? 

There was a brass door handle in the middle of the clear wall.

• LOL 1

@Irlandesa, I don't know if it is taking responsibility for the child. Wages can be garnisheed and there could be issues down the line. If Charlie wants zero responsibility, then the document to give up his parental rights should be drawn up and signed. I think there is a lot of legal limbo now as people can sue for custody or whatever. This is a soap but there could be issues with Allie taking Henry out of the country, etc.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

There was a brass door handle in the middle of the clear wall.

Like I alluded I think you’re seeing the handle of the slot for food and shit on the glass. They had the same thing on You, which is what Dumbass stole this idea from. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I don't know if it is taking responsibility for the child. Wages can be garnisheed and there could be issues down the line. If Charlie wants zero responsibility, then the document to give up his parental rights should be drawn up and signed. I think there is a lot of legal limbo now as people can sue for custody or whatever. This is a soap but there could be issues with Allie taking Henry out of the country, etc.

But characters aren't bringing up that he has a kid because they want him to distance himself from the kid.  Or at least that hasn't been the language.  It's things like "don't you care that you have a son...etc.?"

And what I highlighted is exactly why I would think Allie wouldn't want Charlie officially recognized as the father unless he did want to give up the baby.  Right now, she's the sole legal parent so she can likely take Henry wherever she wants to go with him.  Getting Charlie in the mix officially could only complicate matters.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Vincent has a lot of money, he can probably set up a recurring payment from a bank account through his business manager or an account in the Caymen Islands.  His crimes weren't financial so it's unlikely they'd freeze his assets. 

In prison they listen to your phone calls and read your mail. So that would alert them to Rhodes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I was completely expecting her to be more out of it/asleep, complete with "blurred' POV shots of her looking at his face unable to determine who he was, and close-ups of a hand holding her down since she seemed to keep talking about how that was all she could really remember.

Yep, this is how I expected it to play out too. I remember Marty's rape on OLTL being filmed sort of like what you just described, and I remember being horrified as I watched it unfold. Since the show's been saying for months that Allie was fall-down-drunk that night, I thought she'd be more out of it (like Marty was) and that's why her memory was so hazy.

11 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

You're probably thinking of Claire's scenes with Jan, the other crazy woman she befriended.

Ah, yes, you are correct. It was Jan not Gwen. 

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

IIRC, she didn't realize she had been raped until after she realized she was pregnant. 

Hmm, I remember Allie saying that she knew she'd been raped as soon as she woke up the following morning. Something along the lines of a woman knows when she's had sex. I forgot who she said this to. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Something along the lines of a woman knows when she's had sex. I forgot who she said this to. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Allie has said that she knew something happened when she woke up.  Not sure who she said it to but you're not wrong.  

One of the few things I've found interesting about this story from Allie's POV is that it makes sense that she'd repress things as a means of self-preservation for her mind's sake.  The hypnosis session that seemingly contradicted everything we've been told up to this point feels like such a misstep.  

Does the actor who plays Vincent cost more than the actor portraying Rhodes?  With all of the felons who've escaped or avoided prison, it seems like they're missing out on the potential for a more interesting storyline with Vincent not being here.  

As bad and as unnecessary as that exposition dump was, at least the actor playing Rhodes delivered some of his lines with a tone of We've-Done-This-Before.  People really do repeat themselves over and over, especially when isolated.  Mentioning that could have been a way to make the dialogue feel a little more "realistic."

Allie's apology must include a specific mention of attempting to shoot off Tripp's Baby-Maker.  

Shakespeare's stylized prose kinda makes me want to throw things, too, so I felt a tiny bit of empathy for Ciara in that moment.  Just for that moment, though.

Ben being moved by the profound nature of the fortune from a fortune cookie was so fitting and hilarious.  But it wasn't a great ending for a Friday show.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Ben being moved by the profound nature of the fortune from a fortune cookie was so fitting and hilarious.  But it wasn't a great ending for a Friday show.  

Especially since I think we're supposed to believe that it was his psychic connection to Ciara that caused the picture to fall down and  break the ever so carefully placed fortune cookie.

13 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Allie's apology must include a specific mention of attempting to shoot off Tripp's Baby-Maker.

At least it seemed like Allie was genuinely apologizing to Tripp.  I kind of expected more of an "Oops, BUT, I really thought you were guilty so I was kind of justified in everything I did."  I'm guessing Nicole won't apologize for her role as the town crier in this whole saga.  I hope they write a proper apology for Kayla.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, bannana said:

So, wait, they're  playing Ciara's kidnapping and being held hostage potentially forever as a comedy routine?

Quoting my own self. No one has an issue with this?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, bannana said:

Quoting my own self. No one has an issue with this?

I think we're supposed to be aware of how "feisty" or "spunky" Ciara is being.  No passivity for her.  While I like the idea that a female character should do more than just sit around waiting to be rescued, this isn't really hitting the right notes.  Maybe they're going for a "Ransom of Red Chief" vibe - where Ciara is so obnoxious he just accepts her money and lets her go?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Are people really that baffled as to how Rhodes is getting paid?  He is obviously being paid through an off shore account.  Whether Vincent is in jail or not I doubt he would be sitting down and writing a check to his fellow kidnapper and mailing it every month.  

I also didn't understand his loyalty to Vincent.  If Rhodes is only in it for the money the ransom alone that he would get for Ciara would be worth the risk in this case. Hell of a lot easier than waiting around for Vincent's money to run out. 

• Love 6

Maybe Rhodes is somehow related to Wendy - like her brother or something - to keep him loyal to this insanity. I think people saying he is nice to her just may mean he isn't raping her or attacking her? He just keeps her watered and fed. Where is her bathroom????

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Maybe Rhodes is somehow related to Wendy - like her brother or something - to keep him loyal to this insanity. I think people saying he is nice to her just may mean he isn't raping her or attacking her? He just keeps her watered and fed. Where is her bathroom????

Haven't you noticed that people on soaps never go to the bathroom?  They also go days (sometimes weeks) without a shower, but somehow their hair remains clean and their clothes (which they wear for several days in a row, while sleeping in them) never wrinkle.  It's magic!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Haven't you noticed that people on soaps never go to the bathroom?  They also go days (sometimes weeks) without a shower, but somehow their hair remains clean and their clothes (which they wear for several days in a row, while sleeping in them) never wrinkle.  It's magic!

Few also ever eat anything that disagrees with them, have upset stomachs or nausea just because, have flawless hair.

• LOL 5
On 1/28/2021 at 3:25 AM, DisneyBoy said:

And it bears repeating - Brady has chosen to commit himself to the same woman who stole his baby and wanted to kill him, the child's mother and Marlena.

It's....unreal.

The time has come to send this man packing. He belongs in a mental institution at this point. So over Brady !!!

This character is seriously exhausting to watch !!!

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 4
On 1/28/2021 at 4:56 PM, 4evaQuez said:

I thought Kristen/Chloe was actually surprisingly engaging. Kristen is obviously losing all sense of reality, and I think Nadia does distress/danger well. Kristen's logic actually makes absolutely no sense, but I am enjoying that. Kristen rarely makes sense as a character. I still remember Eileen's Kristen spending the entirety of an episode railing against a picture of Jesus at church for the myriad of ways he's unjustly punished her. Kristen is not a sane woman. Kristen/Chloe/Brady could be fun.

They should have never ever broke up Chloe and Brady in the first place !! Shame on TIIC.

Oh and its such a pity that Kristen is such a useless character now.

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 6
On 1/30/2021 at 12:17 PM, DaphneCat said:

I would have loved to have seen all of this "feisty toughness" when she was face to face with a "slowly going psychotic" Ben when they were in Paige's dormroom but instead all Ciara did was hide in the bathroom, cowering in the shower.

On today's episode, I loved the Gabi/Jake scenes and every scene with Gwen in it--I know I for one would have loved to have seen Gwen clobber Princess Abs but yet again, the show doesn't let Abby get hit back.  

Jake looked genuinely pained when he turned down Gabi's business proposal but I did like his agreeing to release her company back to her.  I do think her initial interest was Stefan related but I still think she and Jake had a good camaraderie.

So Gwen is Jack's daughter, I love it and all of the drama it will cause, plus anything that causes Abs misery is a good thing--now onto Laura's ridiculous explanation on how she covered it all up.  

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 10

LOL....some good scenes today: loved the verbal fight between Julie & Gwen!  And Gwen & Abigail at the police station & Rafe in the middle trying to referee!   And I always love the sibling scenes between Rafe & Gabi, talking about the Teddy Bear 🙂

• Love 7

This Eric thing is so stupid. Instead of these ridiculously repetitive scenes of Nicole telling people & preparing for his "return" and then him calling to cancel, they should've just said he was killed or kidnapped during his mission. It's not like it's unheard of in Africa, and that way Nicole could mourn & move on and Eric wouldn't come off like a complete asshole to his wife and daughter. I hope this was the final time we see Nicole have this conversation with Eric and she decides to end things. 

• Love 12

They're probably hedging to see whether or not GV decides to change his mind if his Queen Sugar gig isn't extended into next season or maybe they think they can get him back for a more thorough wrap up story.  I actually could see him doing that if it's a well written meaty sendoff story. 

Either that or they'll eventually recast but aren't ready for that yet.

But ultimately, I'd rather they go with a divorce than a fake death.  I don't need to see Nicole in widow mode. And shock of all shockers, I am not hating her and Rafe either; although it was rather inappropriate for Gabi to be all "what's up with you and Nicole" when she's still married.  I know Gabi isn't exactly little Miss Virtuous but it still felt like a rather large leap for her to be curious when all Rafe is doing is hanging out with a married woman who has considered a friend for quite a while.  It's not like their connection is new or they were lovers in the past.  That's a big signal that they're likely going down that road.

I loved Gwen and Abigail going after each other in the police station. They're fun. I also liked how Jack ran to intercept Julie and Gwen. 

I did not think Jennifer's idea that Gladys might have been paying off Gwen's mother all that realistic.  Jack had money to burn at that time. I doubt his secretary did.  Jennifer should have suggested Harper or Angelica.

I had to laugh at the idea that Jack kept his cancelled checks from 30+ years ago. And that Gladys still knew all his passwords.  If we're talking 1990, how many passwords could he have had at that time?  Our lives weren't online the way they are now.

I dread the stupid ish that is bound to come out of Laura's mouth.

4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Jake looked genuinely pained when he turned down Gabi's business proposal but I did like his agreeing to release her company back to her.  I do think her initial interest was Stefan related but I still think she and Jake had a good camaraderie.

Yep.  These were their best scenes since she came back.  I still don't really know what the show is doing with Jake and Kate but I do think taking any Jake and Gabi reunion (if they go that route) is the right move. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 5

Damn Gwen, just when I was air punching in support of you railing against Julie, you had to toss in the "I hope you never seen your grandkids again." That was uncalled for, even against Julie. They're turning Gwen into "pissed off at the world" vs. "mischievous villain".

I never totally understood the Rafe hate *ducks flying objects* and I like his friendship with Nicole. But like others have said, can we please find something for her to do aside from pine for Eric?

• Love 2

I fucking love Gwen. She just makes every scene she's in shine. I even enjoyed Julie with her for fuck's sake! Also, I desperately need a gif of Gwen sticking her tongue out at Julie.

Abigail and Gwen have amazing chemistry. This is the most I've ever liked Abigail. Gwen and Jack also have great chemistry and I'm really looking forward to watching where their relationship goes. 

I watch with my sister and she hates/is bored by pretty much every character besides Gwen and Charlie so she fast forwarded through most of the other scenes. I might go back and watch the Gabi/Rafe and Gabi/Jake stuff on Peacock. I'm like half over Gabi but sorta still interested lol.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Damn Gwen, just when I was air punching in support of you railing against Julie, you had to toss in the "I hope you never seen your grandkids again." That was uncalled for, even against Julie. They're turning Gwen into "pissed off at the world" vs. "mischievous villain".

I never totally understood the Rafe hate *ducks flying objects* and I like his friendship with Nicole. But like others have said, can we please find something for her to do aside from pine for Eric?

Rafe works best as a supporting character/cop mode but when they make him a leading man and pair him with someone he becomes smug, hypocritical, and condescending.....  They force him into storylines he doesn't belong and try to put him on the level of Bo, Steve etc and he's not

Funny thing is I didn't mind Galen on Passions and liked Luis/Sheridan together.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

am not hating her and Rafe either; although it was rather inappropriate for Gabi to be all "what's up with you and Nicole" when she's still married.  I know Gabi isn't exactly little Miss Virtuous but it still felt like a rather large leap for her to be curious when all Rafe is doing is hanging out with a married woman who has considered a friend for quite a while.  It's not like their connection is new or they were lovers in the past.  That's a big signal that they're likely going down that road.

Gabi knows her brother. Any female friend that Rafe had in the past, he somehow eventually sleeps with. Sami, Kate, Jordan, Hope and Carrie were all female that he initially started off being friends/not romantic with but they would spend tons and tons of tedious time together before they would end getting involved. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Rafe works best as a supporting character/cop mode but when they make him a leading man and pair him with someone he becomes smug, hypocritical, and condescending.....  They force him into storylines he doesn't belong and try to put him on the level of Bo, Steve etc and he's not

Funny thing is I didn't mind Galen on Passions and liked Luis/Sheridan together.

Ah yes, Luis Lopez -Fitzgerald. I hated that Lindsey Hartley 's Arianna was killed off since that meant the sibling vibe with GG from Passions couldn't continue on...

• Love 4

Gwen went a little overboard on the red eyeshadow today. Maybe a bit more purple and a hint of black.

She was glorious with Julie. At least someone was honest with her.

Who goes to answer their back door wrapped in a towel? Why can't Jake ring the front door doorbell? His view of naked Gabi was a little much.

Gabi should not laugh at that little bear that Rafe received from Nicole. At least Nicole has acted like a friend.

Nice of Roman to mention to Nicole that the family is grateful at how much she has helped Allie.

So St. Eric can't even get two weeks off to have a small vacation to connect with his new wife? Seriously? The Congo or Africa or whatever needs him that much? He should give the tools to these people to help themselves! Nicole should be angy and mention the D-word. Divorce. His behavious is bad. He has a commitment to his wife. Unless he has found a new woman over there.

How convenient that Dr. Laura showed up at the right time. And admitted that she was the one who paid Gwen's mom. Just convenient.

Abs, it is unlikely that Dr. Rolf will admit to doing anything with the drug that he created for Gwen to turn you to mush.

Felt sorry for Jack in finding out he has a previously unknown offspring. Gwen may have been better off as an unknown Kiriakis.

5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

They're probably hedging to see whether or not GV decides to change his mind if his Queen Sugar gig isn't extended into next season or maybe they think they can get him back for a more thorough wrap up story.  I actually could see him doing that if it's a well written meaty sendoff story. 

Either that or they'll eventually recast but aren't ready for that yet.

But ultimately, I'd rather they go with a divorce than a fake death.  I don't need to see Nicole in widow mode. And shock of all shockers, I am not hating her and Rafe either; although it was rather inappropriate for Gabi to be all "what's up with you and Nicole" when she's still married.  I know Gabi isn't exactly little Miss Virtuous but it still felt like a rather large leap for her to be curious when all Rafe is doing is hanging out with a married woman who has considered a friend for quite a while.  It's not like their connection is new or they were lovers in the past.  That's a big signal that they're likely going down that road.

I loved Gwen and Abigail going after each other in the police station. They're fun. I also liked how Jack ran to intercept Julie and Gwen. 

I did not think Jennifer's idea that Gladys might have been paying off Gwen's mother all that realistic.  Jack had money to burn at that time. I doubt his secretary did.  Jennifer should have suggested Harper or Angelica.

I had to laugh at the idea that Jack kept his cancelled checks from 30+ years ago. And that Gladys still knew all his passwords.  If we're talking 1990, how many passwords could he have had at that time?  Our lives weren't online the way they are now.

I dread the stupid ish that is bound to come out of Laura's mouth.

Yep.  These were their best scenes since she came back.  I still don't really know what the show is doing with Jake and Kate but I do think taking any Jake and Gabi reunion (if they go that route) is the right move. 

Back around 1990, computers were large and expensive and the printer had its own room. That was probably MS-DOS time. There wouldn't be a lot of passwords and most folks would only keep receipts for 7 or so years for tax purposes. 30 year old records may exist on microfiche now, if there was any need for them.

Harper would have been a more realistic choice to send cheques to not ruin his son's career.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

So St. Eric can't even get two weeks off to have a small vacation to connect with his new wife? Seriously? The Congo or Africa or whatever needs him that much? He should give the tools to these people to help themselves! Nicole should be angy and mention the D-word. Divorce. His behavious is bad. He has a commitment to his wife. Unless he has found a new woman over there.

I find the whole White Man saving and African village to be so offensive especially I have no idea what skills Eric has that only he could help them deal with a cholera outbreak. His skills were taking photographs, saying mass, running a community and working in a pub.

I also find it ridiculous that that Nicole (who is the boss at Basic Black) can't take a few weeks to travel to said village and see her husband. There shouldn't an issue about money since she is an exec at DE and she could leave Holly with Maggie/Chloe if she thought it wasn't safe for her to visit.

They been married for 6-7 months and have been in constant communication that whole time. Many people have long distance relationship when they have to travel or being away for months for their career. Eric and Nicole have been apart for longer than that on multiple occassions and still claimed to love one another.

I have no sympathy for either of them. 

• Love 6

Nicole could update her vaccinations and go there for a month. There are plenty of folks in Salem who could take care of Holly and even Henry. This is stupid for the audience to believe. Have him lost and presumed drowned in some rainstorm or train accident, etc.

• Love 6

Why make it Gladys if it was just going to be a phone call?  For a minute there I thought they were going to bring a character back from all of those years ago.  From what you all have said, it seems like Jennifer would have thought Jack's father would have been the culprit.    

I love how Gwen barely has a conscience, and how it actually fits to what we've been told about her.  If the writers are smart, which is rare, they'll never resolve this issue with her.  

It's fun how Gwen brings the worst out of Marci Miller's more compassionate incarnation of Abigail.   

Eric is going to stay for 3 more months?  Do we really need to do this again?  With the way they so cavalierly kill off characters, I don't know what they're waiting for.  How long has Ciara been "dead"?  Sheesh.  

I'm guessing Laura is going to spew some Plot-Point-Nonsense but I loved how it looked like a setting of mother, daughter and granddaughter.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Why make it Gladys if it was just going to be a phone call?  For a minute there I thought they were going to bring a character back from all of those years ago.  From what you all have said, it seems like Jennifer would have thought Jack's father would have been the culprit.    

I don't remember a Gladys.  Vern was his right hand man and we saw a lot of him but I don't know if we ever saw this secretary he was talking about.

Does anyone else remember?

• Love 3

I thought that when Jennifer asked Jack if someone else took it upon themselves to deal with Tiffany, I was certain she was going to suggest Harper or Angelica; I was not expecting her to jump to the conclusion that Jack's secretary could have done it. But I guess Harper was already dead and Angelica was gone by the time Tiffany made it to Salem (although I'm still not sure what year all this Tiffany/Gwen nonsense allegedly happened).

37 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't remember a Gladys.  Vern was his right hand man and we saw a lot of him but I don't know if we ever saw this secretary he was talking about.

Yeah, I don't remember Gladys the secretary either, only Vern. 

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Back around 1990, computers were large and expensive and the printer had its own room. That was probably MS-DOS time. There wouldn't be a lot of passwords and most folks would only keep receipts for 7 or so years for tax purposes. 30 year old records may exist on microfiche now, if there was any need for them.

Jack saying that Gladys still remembers all his old passwords doesn't make much sense if she was his secretary around 1990 because (like you said) there wasn't much need for passwords back then. It would make more sense if she was his secretary around 2000, but was Jack even a reporter around that time and would he have had a secretary? Those were the Mark Valley days so I don't remember much about Jack except that he joined a circus.

I really hope the timeline of all these events is cleared up in tomorrow's episode because it's frustrating trying to figure when Gwen was born, when she & her mother showed up in Salem, and when & how long Tiffany was paid off for. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Does anyone else remember?

Is it the same Vern who ended up getting married to Jo Johnson.?

15 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I officially love Gwen now. She was awesome sticking it to Julie. Hope @boes enjoyed it. 😂

DanaMB thank you for this!  I haven't watched yet and this I have to see!

• Love 4

I haven’t been here for a while but I couldn’t hold back-I’ve been home recovering from surgery and honest to god DOOL has gotten so dumb it should be listed under the “Comedies” category. I seriously thought I was watching an old Carol Burnett Show sketch!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I continue to adore Gwen and I think the actress is doing a terrific job of showing the layers of her hurt and her anger.  Her scenes today with Jack were spot on, especially when she referenced both Harper and Duke Johnson--whether you believe in "nature vs. nurture", Jack had two rotten father figures in his life who shaped who he became.

The Laura and Jennifer 1980's flashbacks were rather painful, I don't understand why Cady and Marci were speaking their versions of Laura and Jennifer with such weird line delivery.  I did enjoy Emily's version of Tiffany though and the her 80's fashions were fab 🙂

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 10

The Flashback scenes today were un-intentionally funny....the crazy wigs the women were wearing & speaking in such stilted tones.  Marci with the crazy 80's poufy hair,  Cady also with big hair & Gwen as her Mother with bright red hair...it was too much.  And this whole storyline with Gwen being a sudden Deveraux child is just silly to me & changing the back history of the show. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Marci with the crazy 80's poufy hair,

Especially since this was supposed to be the mid-90s.    They couldn't even get the right styling for the right decade.  I mean, if you're going to make up your own flashbacks to go with your made up history, you can at least try to get the clothes and hair right.

And Gwen still doesn't know what she's talking about.  All she knows is basic facts.  She's just so sure that she knows all there is to know about all of them.  She's completely irrational.  She knows none of the details and nuance behind anything in Jack's (or anyone's) history.  She just makes it all fit the story going on her head.  She throws Jo putting Jack and Steve up for adoption in Jack's face.  Her version of that isn't what happened at all.  Blah, blah, blah Harper and Duke, but Jack is also a product of Jo.  Vern was a father figure to him as well.  Getting to know Steve, Adrienne, and Jo were big moments in his life.  Jennifer's influence has obviously shaped him.  Does that not count for anything?  Or does it just not fit what  makes Gwen the ultimate victim.  She needs serious help.  She's a stunted child in the body of 30+ year old.   

Jack asked the right question.  She's supposedly got all that she wants, so what now?  She can't keep walking around blowing things up.  They can't go back in time.  Jack isn't going to, nor should he, wish his life with Jennifer and his other kids away so Gwen can feel like she would have had the picture perfect life if he knew.  Knowing what Laura did won't change that.  How long does she get to walk around stomping her feet and sticking her tongue out at people, doing whatever she wants in the name of "I didn't get a daddy."  It's going to get old real fast.  It's good we found out she was 8 when her mother turned up because that's exactly how old she's acting.  Lots of people didn't have a rich daddy, or any daddy at all, and manage to function.  Gwen can get over herself anytime.  Life isn't fair.  What is she going to do now to move on?  

• Love 9

I didn't watch back in the day of Laura, but damn she's not the sharpest tool in the shed is she? As if Super!Couple! Jack and Jennifer couldn't get past something that happened before Jack and Jennifer knew each other.

I loved the flashback scenes. I thought they had fun with each other voices and cadence of speech.

Agree with other posters about the cringiness of Eric Saviour of Africa.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KBrownie said:

Especially since this was supposed to be the mid-90s.    They couldn't even get the right styling for the right decade.  I mean, if you're going to make up your own flashbacks to go with your made up history, you can at least try to get the clothes and hair right.

And Gwen still doesn't know what she's talking about.  All she knows is basic facts.  She's just so sure that she knows all there is to know about all of them.  She's completely irrational.  She knows none of the details and nuance behind anything in Jack's (or anyone's) history.  She just makes it all fit the story going on her head.  She throws Jo putting Jack and Steve up for adoption in Jack's face.  Her version of that isn't what happened at all.  Blah, blah, blah Harper and Duke, but Jack is also a product of Jo.  Vern was a father figure to him as well.  Getting to know Steve, Adrienne, and Jo were big moments in his life.  Jennifer's influence has obviously shaped him.  Does that not count for anything?  Or does it just not fit what  makes Gwen the ultimate victim.  She needs serious help.  She's a stunted child in the body of 30+ year old.   

Jack asked the right question.  She's supposedly got all that she wants, so what now?  She can't keep walking around blowing things up.  They can't go back in time.  Jack isn't going to, nor should he, wish his life with Jennifer and his other kids away so Gwen can feel like she would have had the picture perfect life if he knew.  Knowing what Laura did won't change that.  How long does she get to walk around stomping her feet and sticking her tongue out at people, doing whatever she wants in the name of "I didn't get a daddy."  It's going to get old real fast.  It's good we found out she was 8 when her mother turned up because that's exactly how old she's acting.  Lots of people didn't have a rich daddy, or any daddy at all, and manage to function.  Gwen can get over herself anytime.  Life isn't fair.  What is she going to do now to move on?  

I love your post and I agree with everything that you said about Gwen. I find her petulant and irritating. I hated how she distorted Jack's history to make herself the victim.. Jack did not have it easy, having to deal with his own demons in addition to Harper and Duke respective vile legacies as his fathers.  Jack has nothing to apologize for, and he should not feel bad for having had children with Jennifer his wife.  I am over Gwen's pity party.. If Gwen becomes like her grandfather Duke then it would be cool to see Jack and Steve dealing with that fact. If she is going to continue hurt Jack for something that he had no control over then she could kick rocks.

I am really pissed that Ron has to pervert history for his agenda. Jack was never a serial cheater, never! He was hopelessly devoted to Jennifer Rose Horton to a fault even when she did not deserve it when she treated him like dirt for Daniel.   Laura having kept Jack from his daughter makes no sense, it would make sense if Bill had done it and she was forced to keep quiet by him. Bill was shady af but we are not supposed to remember him.. Look at what he did to Kate in her youth.. I have always believed that Bill and Curtis did a number on her and we have seen how that has impacted her psyche over the years in my opinion but I digress.  The flashbacks today were a mess.. 

I am surprised how much I love Cady as Jennifer, it might be an unpopular opinion on here and I will sit alone at my table..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7