Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Why would Maggie go to visit Summer?

God forbid Ron use REAL history and have Maggie visit MELISSA, the other of Maggie's TWO daughters long-time viewers know and actually give a shit about...

• Love 14
8 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Sweet Jesus, Kristen. If you don't want to get found out, maybe don't go guns blazing in as "Susan", since it's obviously a complete 180 as to how she's been acting around Brady and Chloe. CAN THIS PLEASE BE THE END OF BRADY AND KRISTEN?! Which deity do I need to pray to to make this happen? I will convert to all of the religions

And we ALL believe that normally Kristen sat around providing grilled cheese sandwiches for Brady, right?  She was just a little domestic goddess, cooking, cleaning, taking care of Rachel, wasn't she?  It's not like she has money and would have servants or anything.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yep. Like I said, once they tried to sell a redemption story for a serial killer that murdered 3 women, they gave up any hope they ever had of getting the audience to think any character is unredeemable.

Not this viewer. I know a lot of people use Ben as a reason why any character should, can, be redeemed but I've never agreed with that. "Redeeming" Ben was a mistake, but using that as a reason to attempt to redeem any other Tom, Dick, or Harriet psycho is just compounding a problem, instead of solving it. A better solution would just be killing Ben off instead redeeming every serial killer or rapist.

7 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I don't understand why Claire didn't:

A). Hide the phone where Charlie couldn't see it before she left him in so she didn't have to make that lame excuse of silencing it.

B). Actually answer it when it rang, which would have given her the opportunity to end the recording and given her an excuse to get away from Charlie since she got what she needed. "Sorry, it's my mom who needs me to meet her. We'll have to have sex another night, Charlie."

C) Have someone else hiding in another room so she wasn't alone with Charlie and who would have also heard the confession and recorded it.

D) ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Claire just comes off as dumb as rocks so while I should be rooting for her in theory, I end up rooting for Charlie the rapist, which is just bizarre, but goes to how well the actor is pulling this off. 

I actually think Claire did a great job getting that confession in yesterday's episode. Yes, it's not smart to spend alone time with a rapist, and having the phone out and propped up was dumb.I think she didn't have someone else in another room, because anyone she would have asked to help probably wouldn't have let her do it in the first place. But I still thought Claire/ID was great in how she pulled the confession from Charlie. If I didn't know she was tricking him, I would have actually believed her that she was willing to forgive him. But then, today she was just really dumb. She had already told him that she wanted to take it slow, so when he insisted on having sex she should have just told him "Yeah, I can forgive you, but I'm not ready to hop in the sack yet." And why did she just let him snatch the phone out of her hand knowing what he would see?

Still, I'll take dumb over whiny rapist any day. Yes, the actor is compelling but that doesn't change what Charlie has done and how he's been behaving recently. He has a tiny amount of remorse, but he feels more sorry for himself than he does his actual victim. He's blaming Allie for what happened and even in his confession he didn't really take responsibility, instead just saying "it just happened." It didn't "just happen."

Granted I know there's a different actress, I find it fascinating that more people were rooting for Claire when she was a psycho trying to burn people alive then someone doing a well-intentioned dumb thing. I've had my issues getting used to this new actress, but I prefer this version of Claire than the bug-eyed barn burner.

Belle really didn't have to threaten to kill him if he comes near her daughter.

Why not? He's a rapist, who raped Belle's niece, who she just found about to physically attack her daughter. Threatening seemed like an appropriate response to me.

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why would Maggie go to visit Summer? She's barely been a part of her life and only showed up for a couple of minutes. She could call her or have a Zoom chat.

What is the rush to get married? Enjoy being engaged for a month.

Maggie is a very (too) forgiving person, so it makes absolute sense to me she'd go and visit her dying daughter despite the things she said to her.

I do agree about the rush to marriage. Why are most couples on this show in such a rush to get married? There is absolutely no reason Sarah and Xander can't wait a little while to have her mother, one of the few people in town who can even stand Xander, attend the wedding.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Claire just comes off as dumb as rocks so while I should be rooting for her in theory, I end up rooting for Charlie the rapist, which is just bizarre, but goes to how well the actor is pulling this off. 

Considering how devious she was when she was starting fires, it's so disappointing she has to be an idiot now.  Those scenes with Charlie could have been a Matching-of-Wits between two people with dark impulses, and potentially something that forced Claire to go back to her former self, rather than crying out for help and sobbing on her mother's shoulder.  Where is ORK when I need her???

14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I think that's what's going to happen too. They showed the phone, with the storage visible, so many times.

And that amounted to nothing.  Odd that it seemed like they were trying to clue us in to something that played no part in the following day's episode.  

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Belle really didn't have to threaten to kill him if he comes near her daughter.

Unless there's a quota for weekly threats against Charlie, so that there's absolutely no one in the audience who's surprised when Charlie ends up "dead."  (not a spoiler, just speculation based on the way this writing team spoon feeds us plot points.)

The thing with Maggie felt so Out-of-Left-Field that I could only think that they were actually preparing for why they can't afford to pay anyone to be in the Sarah/Xander wedding scenes but the two of them.  

29 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

but I prefer this version of Claire than the bug-eyed barn burner.

Bug-eyed?  Ouch.  I think ORK has enigmatic eyes, and is an attractive, young actress.  To each their own!  

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Bug-eyed?  Ouch.  I think ORK has enigmatic eyes, and is an attractive, young actress.  To each their own!

I didn't say she wasn't attractive. She had a way of over emoting, especially with bulging out her eyes, that drove me crazy.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Granted I know there's a different actress, I find it fascinating that more people were rooting for Claire when she was a psycho trying to burn people alive then someone doing a well-intentioned dumb thing. I've had my issues getting used to this new actress, but I prefer this version of Claire than the bug-eyed barn burner.

ORK's Claire had layers, which I prefer in a character. It makes them interesting to me. It's why I like Charlie and Gwen. Sure, they have bad impulses and they've done bad things, but I can see the internal conflict in them because of how the actors play them. The new Claire is very one-note imo. I actually am warming to her but I just have to basically think of her as a new character because she is nothing like the old Claire.

9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

And that amounted to nothing.  Odd that it seemed like they were trying to clue us in to something that played no part in the following day's episode.  

Yea, that was so weird. I guess the 500 shots of the phone were because TPTB think we're so dumb that we'd forget Claire was recording the convo lol.

9 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

[ORK] had a way of over emoting, especially with bulging out her eyes, that drove me crazy.

I feel the same about ID's Claire. She actually seems to me to be widening her eyes constantly and I wonder of it's to try to mimic ORK's huge eyes. She also seems like she always has tension in her mouth and it distracts me. I wonder if it's because she's doing an American accent.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Claire, that wasn't too bright. If you are doing the phone recording thing, plan ahead. You put it in your bag or something so if it rings, you can go to the bag and turn off the recording app. And is it really gone or can you recover it from the phone provider? Charlie was good and you could see the conflict and his wish to be seen as a decent guy who can redeem himself. Belle really didn't have to threaten to kill him if he comes near her daughter.

Yes, I think that's what Charlie's actor is good with--pulling off this twisted lying character who is creepily into Claire but also vulnerable enough that he fell for what she was saying because he wants that love and acceptance that Ava never gave him. 

Agree too that Belle's line, in the same episode as Kate's, and following a few other threats/promises by Salemites just came off as trite, forced dialogue. Belle being an attorney and Shawn a cop, it would have been more in character for her to threaten to have him thrown in jail for harassment/restraining order, etc. 

9 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Still, I'll take dumb over whiny rapist any day. Yes, the actor is compelling but that doesn't change what Charlie has done and how he's been behaving recently. He has a tiny amount of remorse, but he feels more sorry for himself than he does his actual victim. He's blaming Allie for what happened and even in his confession he didn't really take responsibility, instead just saying "it just happened." It didn't "just happen."

Oh I think Charlie's duplicity is what makes him interesting and creates an engaging scene.  I don't want them to change the way he's behaving or retconn what he's done.  This fragile line that Charlie walks between wanting to have someone love him and have a normal relationship and then snapping and acting out his deep-seated issues is what makes Charlie a complex villain and unpredictable character.  And that's what's key to tuning in and paying close attention to his scenes as opposed to washing the dishes and merely half listening to a character who you know is going to spout the same rubbish on a regular basis (*coughs* Lani: "But Kristin is a mother!") Instead when Charlie says, "it just happened," yes as a rational modern viewers we know rape didn't just happen, but it's more a question as to whether or not Charlie wants to believe that, has actually convinced himself that, or knows damn well and is just lying through his teeth. And MM does a good job reflecting what's probably an internal struggle in Charlie's head as he reacts to whoever is acting opposite him as their character. 

With Charlie I feel as if the storyline could continue to toe that line where you aren't sure if Charlie is trying to move to the side of good/working toward redemption or he's merely tricking everyone to get what he wants because he sort of still operates on that 'basic needs' level, which haven't been met. Or he doesn't even know himself what he's going to do next. as he's just that messed in the head.  He's sort-of a walking slideshow of Freud's id/ego/superego concepts. His character has the potential for a type of long-con plot that could keep viewing guessing just which direction he's finally going to go all while keeping several Salemites on edge. Not just Claire but Tripp and Allie who could be stuck dealing with him as a brother and baby daddy.  

As for Claire though, ORK's Claire would have made the story and their actions even more unpredictable because she played Claire in a similar way where you weren't sure if she was guilty or innocent (i.e. Ciara's wedding mishaps) or if she'd been rehabilitated or snapped again so coupling that with Charlie could have been daytime gold as viewers tried to figure out if she was really duping/double-crossing Charlie or if she'd found her soul mate.  In contrast, dumb is a dime a dozen, and NuClaire isn't setting herself apart from many Salemites these days other than being a strong contender for the dual title of Little Miss Naïve and Most Easily Misled, her shipping of Cin, all their magical connections, and the psychic power of Susan Banks isn't helping.  In fact, Charlie could probably coerce or bride Susan with ice-cream to tell Claire that she had a vision where Allie was raped by a vampire, little Henry was Elvis's son, and everyone could now live happily ever after and NuClaire would probably buy it. 

9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Considering how devious she was when she was starting fires, it's so disappointing she has to be an idiot now.  Those scenes with Charlie could have been a Matching-of-Wits between two people with dark impulses, and potentially something that forced Claire to go back to her former self, rather than crying out for help and sobbing on her mother's shoulder.  Where is ORK when I need her???

100% w/ya!

29 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

ORK's Claire had layers, which I prefer in a character. It makes them interesting to me. It's why I like Charlie and Gwen. Sure, they have bad impulses and they've done bad things, but I can see the internal conflict in them because of how the actors play them. The new Claire is very one-note imo. I actually am warming to her but I just have to basically think of her as a new character because she is nothing like the old Claire.

Agree!

• Love 9

Here's my thing about preferring original recipe Claire (although this one is okay) and Charlie...etc.  What made ORK's Claire' compelling to me was the energy she brought to the scene.  I didn't want her to go crazy.  I actively rooted against it.  I didn't think the show needed to go there.   It's the same with Charlie.  I actually liked him before we knew officially he was the rapist.  In fact, the minute he stood in front of Ava, my interest jumped from really liking to loving the character and I didn't want him to be the/a rapist. 

It's what I've said before--the show just pushing.  The characters are just as good without pushing them too far. But then they go too far anyway.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I too loved her Claire and I wish we had had  a better writer to delve into why Claire did the horrible things that she did. She tried to kill her cousin and that is not normal behavior. Her sociopathy could have driven stories for her parents, where did things go so horribly wrong in her upbringing.  Was it her Kiriakis genes manifesting, nature versus nurture. Marlena her grandmother a psychiatrist should have been a part of her story with John  by her side.  Even Sami could have been a supporting player but Ron does not care about character-driven stories.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

With Charlie I feel as if the storyline could continue to toe that line where you aren't sure if Charlie is trying to move to the side of good/working toward redemption or he's merely tricking everyone to get what he wants because he sort of still operates on that 'basic needs' level, which haven't been met. Or he doesn't even know himself what he's going to do next. as he's just that messed in the head.  He's sort-of a walking slideshow of Freud's id/ego/superego concepts. His character has the potential for a type of long-con plot that could keep viewing guessing just which direction he's finally going to go all while keeping several Salemites on edge. Not just Claire but Tripp and Allie who could be stuck dealing with him as a brother and baby daddy.  

As for Claire though, ORK's Claire would have made the story and their actions even more unpredictable because she played Claire in a similar way where you weren't sure if she was guilty or innocent (i.e. Ciara's wedding mishaps) or if she'd been rehabilitated or snapped again so coupling that with Charlie could have been daytime gold as viewers tried to figure out if she was really duping/double-crossing Charlie or if she'd found her soul mate.  In contrast, dumb is a dime a dozen, and NuClaire isn't setting herself apart from many Salemites these days other than being a strong contender for the dual title of Little Miss Naïve and Most Easily Misled, her shipping of Cin, all their magical connections, and the psychic power of Susan Banks isn't helping.  In fact, Charlie could probably coerce or bride Susan with ice-cream to tell Claire that she had a vision where Allie was raped by a vampire, little Henry was Elvis's son, and everyone could now live happily ever after and NuClaire would probably buy it. 

Like I said, I think the Charlie actor is good, but I'm not really seeing a lot of what you're saying and, quite frankly, I'm not really interested in delving into the tortured psyche of yet another rapist character on this show. As far as NuClaire, she's not nearly as dumb as you're saying. While she resisted at first, she was smart enough to see through Charlie's BS when he tried to use her past to get her to believe his lies. Yeah, this Ben/Ciara storyline is dumb and mind-numbing and I've already reached my limit with Susan, but Susan is actually telling the truth about her visions and Ben is right about his *ugh* connection with Ciara, so Claire is not dumb to believe him and it's not like she didn't make him work to convince her of what he was talking about. They spent a brain-sapping amount of one episode discussing how Ben knew what he knew about Rome & Juliet and Claire kept trying to be realistic and talk Ben out of it. If ORK was still here, she would still believe Ben as well and be helping him.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I too loved her Claire and I wish we had had  a better writer to delve into why Claire did the horrible things that she did. She tried to kill her cousin and that is not normal behavior. Her sociopathy could have driven stories for her parents, where did things go so horribly wrong in her upbringing.  Was it her Kiriakis genes manifesting, nature versus nurture. Marlena her grandmother a psychiatrist should have been a part of her story with John  by her side.  Even Sami could have been a supporting player but Ron does not care about character-driven stories.

Very well said. Claire the killer was so random....and its just a character footnote now.

• Love 2

No Ron will just make him another twin like Stefan/Jake which has provided diminishing returns. I mean I rather have him return as Stefan because at least it would've had some dramatic impact(before the show would find a way to neuter it). 

I think MM makes Charlie better than he actually is. I don't think if he stuck around things would be better so I rather see the show write him off than turn him into another Ben.  That being said if Charlie were redeemed that wouldn't bother me either at this point because I fail to see how he's worse than others who have also done terrible things and can walk amongst Salem like its no big deal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Maybe Ron will do something smart for once and Charlie will fake his death to frame someone. 

This is one of my favorite storylines from an old 80s Primetime Soap named Knots Landing. The problem was that the character accidentally killed herself while trying to frame someone for her kidnapping. It was amazing and quite the twist at the time.

I don't have that much faith in Ron.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That being said if Charlie were redeemed that wouldn't bother me either at this point because I fail to see how he's worse than others who have also done terrible things and can walk amongst Salem like its no big deal.

Everyone today being all "HE DOESN'T DESERVE TO LIVE!" had me rolling since these are the same people who, when Ben returned, had some half-hearted 'is he really better?' questioning before accepting that he was and never claimed he didn't deserve to live when he murdered 4 people.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Everyone today being all "HE DOESN'T DESERVE TO LIVE!" had me rolling since these are the same people who, when Ben returned, had some half-hearted 'is he really better?' questioning before accepting that he was and never claimed he didn't deserve to live when he murdered 4 people.

One of those people was Will (and Eric's ex the show conveniently ignores)

• Love 1

After the "Later that night," I kept waiting for "Today's episode was brought to you by a class of 9th graders writing a who-dun-it for creative writing class!"  I mean seriously, could the whole episode have been anymore contrived as Charlie ran into everyone in town who wanted him gone, gave them a motive to kill him, and a chance to say they wanted to. It was only made laughable, though I don't imagine intentionally so, by the fact that some of the suspects came off more unhinged than Charlie. Yep, I'm looking at you John. Oh and "I'll blow his dick off and get away with it" Allie.  Ron really should stick with writing comedy (cause I enjoyed it from that angle) and parody, and leave the mystery/suspense for someone w/more talent in that genre. 

2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Maybe Ron will do something smart for once and Charlie will fake his death to frame someone. 

THIS would be awesome! I don't even care that it kind of rips off the Tony/Andre suicide framing of John in Aremid in the mid-90s.  It would be far more interesting to try and figure out who Charlie would frame than whether it was John with his bare hands in the doorway, Kate with a bullet to the chest in the doorway, or Allie with two slugs to both nuts in the doorway. 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I will say today was a real leather off for the men of Salem. It was hysterical that every man on the show was wearing a black leather jacket. Are cloth coats not available in Salem? The only person  who is sort of youngish and wouldn’t wear a leather jacket would be Matthew Ashford......I think. Too funny!

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

After the "Later that night," I kept waiting for "Today's episode was brought to you by a class of 9th graders writing a who-dun-it for creative writing class!"  I mean seriously, could the whole episode have been anymore contrived as Charlie ran into everyone in town who wanted him gone, gave them a motive to kill him, and a chance to say they wanted to. It was only made laughable, though I don't imagine intentionally so, by the fact that some of the suspects came off more unhinged than Charlie. Yep, I'm looking at you John. Oh and "I'll blow his dick off and get away with it" Allie.  Ron really should stick with writing comedy (cause I enjoyed it from that angle) and parody, and leave the mystery/suspense for someone w/more talent in that genre. 

THIS would be awesome! I don't even care that it kind of rips off the Tony/Andre suicide framing of John in Aremid in the mid-90s.  It would be far more interesting to try and figure out who Charlie would frame than whether it was John with his bare hands in the doorway, Kate with a bullet to the chest in the doorway, or Allie with two slugs to both nuts in the doorway. 😁

I think the only people in Salem who didn't threaten Charlie today were Holly and Henry.  My money's on Holly in the doorway with the gun (the one twist no one will see coming).

• LOL 14
43 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I think the only people in Salem who didn't threaten Charlie today were Holly and Henry.  My money's on Holly in the doorway with the gun (the one twist no one will see coming).

LOL And Holly's motive is to frame Henry so she doesn't have to keep sharing her bedroom with him. 🤣

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

No, Claire, you didn't have it on tape, you had it on digital.

How many anvils are they going to drop about everybody threatening to kill Charlie?

I'm still waiting to see if any of the anvils have ACME on them.

• LOL 6

Watching your weight, Ava? The cookies looked good.

Henry probably doesn't have many teeth yet and can't talk so he couldn't threaten Charlie.

Charlie, now you have an interest in your kid? And that Tripp will never get to see him? Uh, don't you have to arrange some sort of parental right to see Henry and some sort of custody or support arrangement? And get your name as dad on the birth certificate.

John is acting very unstable.

Belle, Claire went to visit Allie.

Tripp, do think carefully about any 'connection' with Henry.

• Love 5

What do you do about a problem like Charlie Dale?  Apparently, if you take a drink every time someone threatens to kill him, you may, or may not, be as drunk as a skunk right now.  Or, you could be drunk on rage, like John Black, and be wandering around Salem, USA trying to find him.  

I have no faith that Who-Shot-Charlie? is going to be as interesting as What-Will-Charlie-Do-Next?  Crossing my fingers and toes that he only ends up in a coma, or something of the sort.  

5 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

After the "Later that night," 

Why did they even bother with that?  LOL!  How many times has their arrangement of time made no sense in the past?  Vivian was miraculously an inmate at Statesville in a matter of minutes just a few episodes ago.  

John is acting very unstable.

Maybe they finally decided to give his previous Post-Stroke Rage-O-Holic John storyline a climax?  I thought it was strange they spent so much time on that, and didn't do anything significant with it.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

When Tripps started hypothesizing to Steve all the things Charlie could do, like try to get custody of Henry, they should have written on the screen, "Plot turns Ron pondered but nixed." It basically sounded like, "we considered these possible story arcs, but the dart didn't land on them."

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I think they were having the characters wear similar clothes (like Nicole and Belle wearing the same type of coat) or all the guys wearing black jackets because there will be a witness of some type, which will lead to pretty much everyone being arrested or brought in for questioning.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

"The Next Morning..." So it looks like Ron discovered a new feature in the editing room, and he's playing with that toy like a kid on Christmas morning. I wonder if tomorrow will start out, "After Lunch." 

As Ava related her sorted motherhood tale to Rafe it struck me that unless Charlie turns up alive, and this is Salem so its possible, the writing missed a potentially engaging story angle if Charlie would have decided to have a relationship with Henry because he didn't want Henry to feel abandoned like he did by Ava, only to find out that like his mother, he also didn't feel anything towards a child he didn't want and wasn't interested in the mother (Allie) because he really wanted Claire, like Ava who wasn't into Charlie's father because she still wanted Steve.  Could have produced some good scenes between him and Ava down the road. 

I suppose we can rule out Allie as the killer since Charlie was clearly shot above the belt.  Ben should be free and clear too since there was no necktie at the scene and he was presumably having a wet dream about Ciara when Charlie was taken down. 

Does Ron have teenagers doing virtual learning at home while he writes because I'm starting to have high school flashbacks with all these canonical novels he keeps tossing in as plot points.  I feel like he's getting his ideas from a zoom classroom in the background. 

Can Evan please bound and gag Ciara!  Pretty please.🙏  Her smug, bitchy attitude is so annoying. "I'm so rich and important, my granddaddy will pay buckets of his dirty money to get me back."🙄  "My serial killer GQ husband will save me. I already called him and he said....well okay fine he didn't say anything cause we had a bad connection and he couldn't hear me, but you should be worried just the same." 😆

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3

Ciara, two things:

1. Don't admit to there being a bad connection, you dumbass.

2. Don't admit to connecting with Ben. Because now Evan/Christian will be on the lookout for Ben. There goes the element of surprise, you dumbass.

Sami showing up, trying to hide fingerprints from the doorknob is a little too obvious. My guess is "I saw the door was open" will be her excuse when she's arrested for Charlie's murder - by the one cop in town who seems to be working - but is her ex husband - so there's no conflict of interest whatsoever.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

I laughed when Claire told her father that she's safe because Ben, the serial killer, is there.

Speaking of Claire, she slipped on the accent once today.

Why did Evan take part in this scheme if he had no idea what they were going to do with Ciara?  And why was he taking part in it anyway, considering he thinks he's a good guy?

I know they won't get any help from Susan, who isn't Susan, but why wouldn't they think that Rhodes's cologne might not help Susan?

For somebody who's staying at the Police Commissioner's home for protection, Ava does a lot of being alone and running around on her own.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Her smug, bitchy attitude is so annoying. "I'm so rich and important, my granddaddy will pay buckets of his dirty money to get me back."

Until I saw your comment I was confused thinking Ciara was referring to Doug, LOL. I was like "hmm, Shawn Brady is dead, so I guess Doug became filthy rich from his lounge singing career?". I forgot Ciara is oh-so-close to Grandpa Victor. I really do hate her smug-ass attitude and was hoping Evan would take her up on her offer to shoot her and get it over with it.

1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

Sami showing up, trying to hide fingerprints from the doorknob is a little too obvious. My guess is "I saw the door was open" will be her excuse when she's arrested for Charlie's murder - by the one cop in town who seems to be working - but is her ex husband - so there's no conflict of interest whatsoever.

And the other cop in town is her cousin, whose wife & daughter will probably become prime suspects as well. So conflicts of interest abound. But, yeah, Sami is only going to be the first red herring in this undoubtedly drawn out whodunnit mystery. 

I rolled my eyes at Ava saying that she's trying to change because of Tripp, but that Charlie has no reason to change. Uh, if you showed him some love/affection/concern and not just focused on your precious Tripp, maybe Charlie would feel like he has a reason to change too. He feels all alone because he is all alone, you hag. Tripp has shown more concern for Charlie than Ava has. 

Just speculation, but I hope Charlie is faking his death and gets away from Salem and all the hypocrites. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

And the other cop in town is her cousin, whose wife & daughter will probably become prime suspects as well. So conflicts of interest abound. But, yeah, Sami is only going to be the first red herring in this undoubtedly drawn out whodunnit mystery. 

If Charlie was shot the night before and Rafe found Sami in the apartment the next morning, is he so stupid enough to think that Sami stayed the whole night and is just leaving now?

Yes I do think he is that stupid.

I am 100% certain that Sami is innocent.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Hi Sami! Long time no-see. Why are you coming back to Charlie's apartment?

Is Charlie dead-dead or just sort of dead and likely to come back to life in a year or so.

Ava, nice of you to tell all of us about the boyfriend your dad found for you, and that you couldn't bond with Charlie when he was born. Maybe you should have put him up for adoption so that maybe he could have been raised in a happier home.

I think the classic books are used since they are well past their copyright date (i.e. 50-75 years after they first came out) and they can be used without getting clearance.

Pack the cologne, Claire. Maybe 'Susan' can get something from the scent. No one has looked at Rhodes' credit or debit card activity to get a hint of any location?

Ciara, you don't tell Evan/Christian about contacting Hero Ben. He's not in good mental health and you may be risking your own life. Guess he will give you a rag to clean off the gruel.

John heard a gunshot and blacked out?

• Love 6

Somebody posted an old scene from the nineties where a 5 year old Brady can tell Susan is impersonating Kristen. Apart from the gross factor of very adult Susan as Kristen in the kid's face,  it is clear he has got dumber as the years go by.

What guarantee does Susan have that Kristen will bail her out in a month? Knowing her she will reveal herself to Brady and get him to run off with her so Rachel can have a mom. 

Edited by brisbydog
Edit
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Somebody posted an old scene from the nineties where a 5 year old Brady can tell Susan is impersonating Kristen.

Which, again, is one of the many reasons that Brady/Kristen as a couple - and one that PROCREATED FFS - is all sorts of EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!! for me...

• Love 8

Maybe you should have put him up for adoption so that maybe he could have been raised in a happier home.

She didn't seem to care enough about him to be concerned where he was raised.  

I thought Ava's scenes in which she revealed her lack of connection to her own child were well written for a Show that doesn't make many attempts at delving deep into their character's psyche.  I don't even mind that the conversation may have been a ploy to distract Rafe from whether she actually slept in her bed, or not, because the whole thing was both surprising frank and tragic.

8 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

1. Don't admit to there being a bad connection, you dumbass.

I kept telling her she could lie about that entire conversation with Ben but she wouldn't listen to me.  It's so weird that she's mostly being written as an idiot in this storyline, and the only thing that's going to "save" her is some antiquated belief that True Lurve Conquers All.  Perhaps that's more appealing to the Ben/Ciara fan base than her being savvy enough to outsmart her captor.  

I just loved Evan/Christian deciding now might be the time to exercise his own sense of authority.  Poor Orpheus, with his plans going awry because his son is now behaving like a Chip-Off-the-Old-Block.  

Clyde and Orpheus snarking at each other made me chuckle.  Just another example of Orpheus thinking he has the Whole World in his hands, and things going to crap.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

What guarantee does Susan have that Kristen will bail her out in a month? Knowing her she will reveal herself to Brady and get him to run off with her so Rachel can have a mom. 

That's why Susan is an idiot and ridiculous character for trusting Kristen's word. There's no way Kristen will voluntarily return to prison now. I'm sure she'll cry big tears about how Rachel & Brady need her and she can't leave them so she just has to remain on the outside. And if Susan tells the authorities about the switcheroo, they'll just think she's crazy and put her solitary confinement where she'll be forgotten about, and Kristen & Brady will go with their lives. I will be shocked if Kristen suffers any consequences for her 2nd prison break this year

• Love 10
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Which, again, is one of the many reasons that Brady/Kristen as a couple - and one that PROCREATED FFS - is all sorts of EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!! for me...

It's a function of how wacky SORAS is. Brady is being played by a man who was born in 1971. Kristen is being played by a woman that was born in 1966. These actors would have only missed being able to go to high school together by a few years. Visually, it just doesn't look weird because Brady was cast way too old for his character, while at the same time the show is ignoring that given the SORAS they gave EJ, Kristen and Susan should be at a minimum in their mid-60's.

Evan is hot. He can act. He's looking more and more like Jensen Ackles. Why can't he just take over for Eric and we'll ignore the age thing? The show already has Sami and Belle looking like Irish twins despite the fact that Sami sold Belle on the baby black market. Her niece Claire looks like she's in her 30's despite being born in 1998. Why should it matter if her twin brother looks ten years younger than her? 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Hi Sami! Long time no-see. Why are you coming back to Charlie's apartment?

Is Charlie dead-dead or just sort of dead and likely to come back to life in a year or so.

Ava, nice of you to tell all of us about the boyfriend your dad found for you, and that you couldn't bond with Charlie when he was born. Maybe you should have put him up for adoption so that maybe he could have been raised in a happier home.

John heard a gunshot and blacked out?

It was wonderful seeing Sami again. I'm not the huge Sami fan I used to be, but she's reliable for being unpredictable and pushing story in some pretty drastic ways. Ron's Sami is also mostly despised by everyone on canvas, so she could be the lightening rod this show needs right now. 

Considering this is Days, I wouldn't be shocked if Charlie is only "dead." I'm sure when the show needs drama for the obvious Tripp/Allie pairing their setting up or a angsty teenage Henry needs a storyline in 2 years, Charlie can be an easy villain to bring back and then half-heartedly kill off again. 

On Soaps kids are more likely to end up in abusive households that only fuel their need for revenge, so I'm not sure Charlie would get a happier life. The only exception to this rule is when one of the main characters adopt a child, i.e. Mickey, Maggie, and Melissa.

15 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Until I saw your comment I was confused thinking Ciara was referring to Doug, LOL. I was like "hmm, Shawn Brady is dead, so I guess Doug became filthy rich from his lounge singing career?". I forgot Ciara is oh-so-close to Grandpa Victor. I really do hate her smug-ass attitude and was hoping Evan would take her up on her offer to shoot her and get it over with it.

Isn't Hope also supposed to be really rich. I feel I've heard her talk about the trust funds she set up for the kids, too.

Technically, shouldn't Shawn also be a suspect considering Charlie's threats to Claire on the same night he was murdered.

10 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Somebody posted an old scene from the nineties where a 5 year old Brady can tell Susan is impersonating Kristen. Apart from the gross factor of very adult Susan as Kristen in the kid's face,  it is clear he has got dumber as the years go by.

EM's version of Brady has never been portrayed as smart, especially as it relates to women. This also wouldn't be the first time Kristen has deceived him considering the Kristen as Nicole storyline was only 2(?) years ago. 

I actually didn't even think about that, but it's completely true. What incentive does Kristen have to return to prison? What incentive does Kristen have break-up Kate and Jake? Brady has also shown that he has no qualms with running away from the law with a child - he did the same thing with Nicole and Holly. 

For this to be the beginning of a murder mystery, this was a rather somber and quiet episode. I'm also shocked the show didn't have Ava go with Rafe to discover her murdered son, have her wail over his deceased body and then scream at Sami as she entered the room, "You murdered my son! You murdered my son!"Rafe barely seemed to care, and his reaction to Sami just seemed like moderate surprise. Come on show, give me some DRAMA! This is not how you get me invested in a murder. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I'm sure when the show needs drama for the obvious Tripp/Allie pairing their setting up or a angsty teenage Henry needs a storyline in 2 years ...

I rolled!

5 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Technically, shouldn't Shawn also be a suspect considering Charlie's threats to Claire on the same night he was murdered.

I'm sure he will be. It'll be Sami, Belle, Claire, Allie, Tripp, Ava, Shawn, Nicole and John. Did I miss anyone?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm sure he will be. It'll be Sami, Belle, Claire, Allie, Tripp, Ava, Shawn, Nicole and John. Did I miss anyone?

And the actual murderer will be none of those. It will be Daniel.  He's not really dead.  And I don't really know what his motive is, but you can make up anything.  Do-gooder vigilante?  Sounds like something Daniel would do.

Wait, it's back from the dead Lexie taking her "pacifier" persona to the next level.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

For this to be the beginning of a murder mystery, this was a rather somber and quiet episode. I'm also shocked the show didn't have Ava go with Rafe to discover her murdered son, have her wail over his deceased body and then scream at Sami as she entered the room, "You murdered my son! You murdered my son!"Rafe barely seemed to care, and his reaction to Sami just seemed like moderate surprise. Come on show, give me some DRAMA! This is not how you get me invested in a murder. 

I was surprised Ava didn't offer to go along too. I was equally surprised Rafe even gave her the details at that point. But I also noted that Rafe's info was only that "shot(s) had been fired," and Ava jumped to the suicide explanation, but given Charlie's character and the fact that Ava is staying at Rafe's for protection because of him, it would be far more likely that Charlie fired the shots at someone.  Never the less, for a shooting, Rafe wasn't exactly in a hurry to get there, nor did he take back-up. So who called it in and assumed (or knew) he was dead? The killer? John in black-out mode? Or the probably half dozen Salemites who visited his apartment the night before to threaten, argue, or try to kill him only to find him already dead? 

• Love 3

I think the actual killer of Charlie will be his mentioned yesterday bio father who has never been onscreen. 

Murder mysteries do nothing for me if characters are literally incapable of death and no one is ever punished for anything. 

If I was supposed to feel something for Eva during her long speech, if it wa supposed to soften her it failed miserably on me. Soooo you admit to emotionally abusing and neglecting your son from infancy to adulthood because he’s not sired by rape... unlike your other child? That you hated and ignored baby, that you chose to have, for existing? Weird flex but okay asshole. 

• Love 8