Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Wat? We didn’t get the episode here... 🤭

lolz look at this old as fuck picture they have on the app advertising the most recent show.  

image.thumb.jpeg.5d2378423529171b2ad4e8acb6d1c38c.jpeg

I guess Melanie’s on this episode. 

This feels like so long ago, but I still remember some of these storylines so vividly. The guy in the green is the first Cameron. He was exceptionally boring, and the recast was equally boring. The recast, however, was cuter and a good stripper. One of his big storylines was who would get Abby's virginity he or Chad. He lost.

Gabi and Chad never worked as a couple regardless of who was in the role. I really disliked blonde Abby, and I'm kinda shocked that Melanie is basically a forgotten memory considering she was the young lead actress at one point. Even more important than Abby if that's possible to believe.

Will and Sonny have always been boring.

I do love this photo.

Oh well, looking forward to today's episode later tonight.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Peacock has three tiers.

@Irlandesa thanks for giving us a detailed explanation of Peacock.

15 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Peacock made me watch a handful of commercials but not as many as the NBC app.  I had to watch it on my phone, though, as my Firestick wouldn't allow me to download the Peacock app.  It's crazy that the show is only 37 minutes now, and that includes the credits at the end of the show.  

???!!!  DOOL is only 37 minutes these days?!  Sheeeesh, see what I don't know because I give the FF button a workout!

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

lolz look at this old as fuck picture they have on the app advertising the most recent show.  

I guess either (both?) DOOL / Peacock(NBC) don't care since they didn't bother making sure they used a recent photo in their promo.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

???!!!  DOOL is only 37 minutes these days?!  Sheeeesh, see what I don't know because I give the FF button a workout!

Yea, I mean, most days it's about 15 minutes or less for me lol.

I watched some of the Romeo/Juliet stuff from yesterday. So painful lol. VK trying to do an accent some of the time, RSW's Boston accent coming out SO much, the overall terrible acting. The second hand embarrassment was too much for me to really even watch it as comedy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Was irony the theme of today’s episode?

Nicole’s line about being fed up with ‘boys will be boys’ excuse…AZ was the recipient of the infamous pussy grabbing incident.   And then Ava’s line about men assaulting women and bragging about it.  Since I had to watch on YouTube, did I miss the part where this episode was dedicated to DJT as an FU? 🤣

Vivian’s line about the Salem police keeping children from their “MOTHER.”  Is Ron finally acknowledging that Lanni’s defense has gone stale?

Or was Jake’s line about taking a high school theatre class Ron himself who clearly couldn’t resist tossing two famous plays into the plot.

Never the less, today was an improvement from yesterday’s episode.

Oh and does Rhodes have metal coat hangers in Ciara’s bathroom to keep her clothes neat or is the wire to snake the toilet if/when it gets clogged? And why didn’t she just go to the bathroom to make the call? With the door closed and water running, I doubt he would have heard her if he returned.

I wonder if Rhodes's "date" is anyone in Salem??? Sad, that I find that more riveting than whether Ciara's call goes through. 

• Love 4

No, no dedication to anyone this ep.

Both Ava and Charlie were really good. He can be sooo creepy and delusional that Claire is still his soulmate and girlfriend. Ava acknowledged that the Vitali family didn't really handle things legally, but she is going after her son. Yes, he is not the Adonis of Tripp. Nicole asked Rafe if Ava could stay at his house, right?

Ben Weston never reading Shakespeare or ever even seeing any of the Romeo and Juliet movies? Not even the one with the iceberg?

Viv was almost convincing as someone who is not in her sound mind. The line about the feeding the babies was funny. A woman her age would struggle to naturally feed infants. Only Kate and Jake going at it brought the real Viv out.

No plastic hangers in Rhodes' little prison?

Susan Banks being able to help out? And finally, the mystery call.

• Love 2

Regarding that old pic, maybe I was taking a break at the time but I knew everyone but Cameron.  Did the Chad/Cameron competition happen before Abigail fake-seduced Austin?  Because I was watching when the Austin thing happened.  

7 hours ago, norcalgal said:

DOOL is only 37 minutes these days?!  Sheeeesh, see what I don't know because I give the FF button a workout!

The only reason I know is because Peacock shows the length of the episode.  The daily broadcast on NBC is thisclose to being half show/half advertising.  It was 43 minutes before they got caught up from the COVID shutdown, so this is a recent development.  

3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Or was Jake’s line about taking a high school theatre class Ron himself who clearly couldn’t resist tossing two famous plays into the plot.

My feeling is that one of the script writers is the one injecting all of the literary references.  I'm not willing to give that credit to Carlivati.  And while I'm still not convinced Jake would be familiar with a line from Blanche DuBois, as least they explained why he would know what Vivian was talking about.  

3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I wonder if Rhodes's "date" is anyone in Salem???

I was more intrigued by this than any of the noises that Ben and Ciara were making with their mouths.  AKA talking.   

Really wished I could have watched this on my television, rather than my phone, because I love all of the wounded faces Mike Manning makes when Ava says awful things to Charlie.  Such a complicated mother/son relationship.  Charlie is damaged goods but I kinda feel bad that he has to know how much his mother dislikes him.  That quick choke-hold he threw at her gave me goosebumps.   

Call me crazy but I almost-sorta-kinda thought Isabel Durant was good in all of those scenes about Ben's silly, wet dream about Ciara.  

Those Kate/Vivian/Jake scenes would have been so much better if we'd have seen the pained look in Vivian's eyes as she never broke from her "insanity plea" but had to deny her son.  Gawd, this show has to make everyone so incompetent for their Absolutely-Necessary-Plot-Points.  *pointlessly shakes fists at the sky*

• Love 4

I haven't seen much lately so I caught the episode where Lani and Eli free themselves off  camera. I know they suck at their jobs, but they really couldn't bust out of that room together? Pick up the nightstand and use it as a barricade! Geez.

Linda Dano looks so miserable as Viv. Has she had any fun at all...? I love her. I want to see her happy.

Does Ron not get that Ivan was always the angel on Vivian's shoulder? The one talking her out of trouble, not roping her into it?

Laura's dead body on the floor...that was upsetting to me. I hardly know the character outside of old clips...but seriously now. Sad. Just sad. Poor Laura. And JL, who wasn't used well at all these last few years but gamely kept coming back.

Damn, this tripe is depressing. Was the last time I was happy watching this show when Eric and Nicole finally got married?

I really thought Jack, after hearing so many of Gwen's lies, would cold shoulder her upon seeing the body. I mean, Laura deserved better. Jack loved her and considered her family. This wasn't the moment for him to have to hold Gwen's hand. I wouldn't have. Screw her. She showed up ten minutes ago, FFS!

I wonder whether Marlena will be involved in this Laura Dies story at all. They used to be very close.

• Love 2

I was glued to the tv, unable to turn away from the runaway train wreck that was Vivian Konefal and Robert Scott Wilson's embarrassment of a lifetime, otherwise known as those two doing a worse Romeo and Juliet than the Porky and Petunia Pig Looney Tunes version.  

The only thing missing from this Grade A Craptacular career ending, lifetime embarrassment of a scene would have been

this background music.

Lani and Eli, finally, weren't the worst couple on Show.  

Those two and that abomination that should have Shakespeare rising from his grave was the acting equivalent of leaving the bathroom door open during a party, farting at a funeral or mistaking a friends new baby for a pug puppy.  

There's no coming back from that.

How much you wanna bet Ron submits this as his Emmy reel?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I seriously did not recognize most of them. And I was watching back then. 😳

12 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Nicole’s line about being fed up with ‘boys will be boys’ excuse…AZ was the recipient of the infamous pussy grabbing incident.  

I was wondering if that was deliberate. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, boes said:

How much you wanna bet Ron submits this as his Emmy reel?

And then the show wins best soap lol. 

I'm actually excited to watch yesterday's ep now for the Charlie scenes. I need them to start having Charlie on like MWF and then Gwen TTh or vice versa so there's at least one thing for me to care about in every ep.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Regarding that old pic, maybe I was taking a break at the time but I knew everyone but Cameron.  Did the Chad/Cameron competition happen before Abigail fake-seduced Austin?  Because I was watching when the Austin thing happened.  

I'm pretty sure it was after the Austin storyline. By the time Chad/Cameron were competing for Abby, I think Carrie/Austin were already written off the show. I almost want to say the Austin storyline was Mansi's first storyline on the show as Carrie/Austin were on the show for only about a year or less.

• Love 2
On 2/13/2021 at 10:07 AM, 4evaQuez said:

I almost want to say the Austin storyline was Mansi's first storyline on the show as Carrie/Austin were on the show for only about a year or less.

Close, her storyline with Frat Boy Chad started out first in '11 and her Austin storyline was in '12. God, I felt bad for Patrick Muldoon. His face hit the wall in a major way. Aging sucks. I somewhat wonder if the fact that Patrick Muldoon no longer has a pretty face is the reason why he was quickly ushered off the show. They've only brought back the other Austin since. He aged a lot better.

It was odd because by this point Abigail should have been firmly in the adult orbit given the SORAS that should have made her mid-20's by the time Mansi showed up, but she was still somehow in college and she was in this weird holding pattern with her age along with Melanie. It was basically to the point that Abby's SORAS age (1988) and her real age (1992) basically caught up with each other.

Anyway. They did Shakespeare. Okay. I wonder if we'll see Ciara read Pride and Prejudice next? Jane Austen is so hot right now.

I watched some of the Romeo/Juliet stuff from yesterday. So painful lol. VK trying to do an accent some of the time, RSW's Boston accent coming out SO much, the overall terrible acting. The second hand embarrassment was too much for me to really even watch it as comedy.

RSW tries SO hard to mask the Boston accent. You can tell by the measured way he usually talks that he's trying to not slip on the accent. With Shakespeare I guess it was too hard to try and hide the accent.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 5

Nicole was massively obnoxious today but I am loving how she's declared both Ava and Gabi have changed for the better because they're both loving mothers and Rafe's been such a good influence on Gabi, he can now work his magic on Ava.

Charlie's look of stunned disbelief when Claire told him off was well done and is he going to try and be a dad to Henry now?  That's some pretty messed up crap if this is the new storyline going forward

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4

When Ben answered the phone, "Ciara?" it would have been a much better twist if the voice on the other end was a robo call that replied, "Are you paying too much for your car insurance? Press 1 now to lower your rates.."

• LOL 15
2 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

When Ben answered the phone, "Ciara?" it would have been a much better twist if the voice on the other end was a robo call that replied, "Are you paying too much for your car insurance? Press 1 now to lower your rates.."

100% I was envisioning "We're calling from ABC Research. This will only take a few minutes of your time. We're surveying people in your area regarding recycling programs in the Salem area..."

• LOL 11
41 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Ha.  Or "we have important news about your car's extended warranty" only for him to reply "But I don't have an extended warranty."

I didn't watch today.  In fact, I think that might be the case for most of this week even without interruptions like last week.  My goal is to watch last Wednesday's show at some point.  (The one where Laura died and people reacted normally instead of ridiculous coverup shenanigans. )

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Ff’d thru most of today.  Been meaning to ask this forever.  Does anyone know where you can purchase the tea/coffee set shown on today’s episode, that is always used by Marlena  and John? 

Edited by chediavolo
  • Love 1

Yeah, the police commissioner's house is a perfect place for a mobster to live.

If Ben thinks it's Ciara calling, why is he acting so casual about not being able to hear?

Charlie is trying to claim both that Allie was wasted and that their sex was consensual.

Rafe and Nicole arguing about custody of Duke is cute.

Allie can't hear her phone when it's on the charger?

What successful legal business has Ava run?

Lucas's go to move - "I'm going to kill you."

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

He has only two settings: snarky Lucas and defcon 1 level threatening murder. I could never take him seriously so I don't know why any villian would.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Ava and Tripp being so aghast that Charlie raped Allie when Ava herself raped Steve is really rich. ETA: Oh, and if Tripp could redeem himself after trying to kill Kayla then why can't Charlie redeem himself after raping Allie?

Jack was drunk when he and Kate had sex (Was Kate also?) and Chad was drunk when he and Gwen had sex and no one on the show is calling those rape so I can't blame him for thinking he might be able to use that. Laws and morality work very differently in Salem lol.

I hated Ben coming to save Claire from Charlie. I wish they'd just go full throttle with Charlie and have him go on a murder spree. He can start with Ava and then get Ben before he gets apprehended.

I forgot to mention this about Friday's ep, Tripp just in the background with a big, goofy, childlike grin on his face constantly was cracking me up.

• Love 3

The show has no interest in Charlie or the actor that plays him... that's why he's "oh so awful"  and "irredeemable"

I admittedly don't care about Charlie either way but the show has no moral compass so I can't bring myself to be outraged on Allie's behalf if she was raped. When this is the same town that gave a serial killer a church wedding and you have had other rapists redeemed.  So if Charlie were to be redeemed it wouldn't bother me at this point because this show has no moral compass at all(same with all soaps)

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I don't want to see him redeemed tbh. Being redeemed nowadays just means everyone that should hate you suddenly decides your past crimes don't matter anymore and anyone who feels otherwise is made to look horrible. They put no work into it and there's such an air of 'just forget what happened and love this character now, you idiots!' which is irritating. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

If Ben thinks it's Ciara calling, why is he acting so casual about not being able to hear?

Yes he was rather casual about that. His tone was something I'd expect if he was talking to Jake or Claire and couldn't hear them not his presumed-dead-slash-missing wife calling out of the blue.  If only she'd have walked around different spots in her glass cage and said, "Can you hear me now?...How bout now?" 

Also, is Rhodes's Valentine date sitting at a bar or restaurant waiting for him while he drove out to Statesville to meet with Orpheus or was Orpheus his "date" all along?  After how things went when Justin pulled that on Bonnie, if there's an actual girl waiting for Rhodes, I hope he called first.  Showing up with a flimsy excuse like, "Sorry I'm late, but I had to go meet an evil mastermind on the spur of the moment after that girl I have locked up stole my phone and tried to make a call for help," probably won't get him past the appetizers. Definitely isn't getting him laid for Valentine's night. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ava and Tripp being so aghast that Charlie raped Allie when Ava herself raped Steve is really rich. ETA: Oh, and if Tripp could redeem himself after trying to kill Kayla then why can't Charlie redeem himself after raping Allie?

I get your point about Ava, but not about Tripp. It's a bit of a stretch for Ava to act all high and mighty about rape considering what she's done, but Tripp isn't a rapist and he was aghast too when he found out about what Ava had done to Steve. But he found out when all this stuff with Allie was going on and then Ava coming back. I'm sure he's not even thinking about it and it seems perfectly natural to me for him to be extra pissed off about this since Charlie let him get months of hell for something he did.

As far why can Tripp be redeemed and not Charlie, well right now, there are a couple of reasons that I can think of. Attempted murder and rape are different disgusting things and I think it helps that Tripp was talked down from his act and voluntarily didn't go through with it. The biggest difference is Tripp feels remorse for what he did, and has repeatedly apologized to his victim, while Charlie feels very little remorse. I've said before there's a difference between Charlie and Gwen in that Charlie does feel some guilt, but it's not enough for him to own what he did and it certainly wasn't enough to stop him from committing rape in the first place. Plus, with his disgusting behavior with Claire today blaming Allie, it definitely shows he has no intention of taking responsibility or apologizing. I suppose if the show really wanted to go there, they could, but given his behavior today, I don't think they want to. That is fine with me. There are way too many redeemed rapists as it is on this show.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't want to see him redeemed tbh. Being redeemed nowadays just means everyone that should hate you suddenly decides your past crimes don't matter anymore and anyone who feels otherwise is made to look horrible. They put no work into it and there's such an air of 'just forget what happened and love this character now, you idiots!' which is irritating. 

Very well said. And the choice of candidates being redeemed and getting this preferential treatment is really mystifying.

Case in point: Ava. I know I haven't watched much this year, but at what point did they earn her being a concerned mother of two? I don't get why Tripp treats her like she's a decent person when theres no evidence of it....especially after he believed Kayla to be a monster, in spite of all evidence to the contrary...

I look at her and still see "indifferent snake". Why exactly are Nicole and Rafe going to help her??

There were at least five times I could predict dialogue before the characters said it today:

Lucas saying his instincts just took over him!

Nicole asking Rafe to, quote, do it...for her!

Allie overtly recapping her crappy plotline, saying she didn't want to keep the baby because he'd be a reminder of her trauma!

Marlena saying Allie is such a good mother to her invisible baby!

There were at least two others. Is anyone even writing this show anymore or are scripts being put together by a cliche generator?

I resent them having characters act waaaaay OTT and...then offer up some pre-fab mea culpa which everyone cosigns.

Allie should be in jail for nearly murdering Tripp. Lucas should be in jail for nearly murdering Tripp. Ava should be in jail for concealing that she was alive and allowing Joey to rot. Ava should also not have a friend in Nicole anymore, much less one trying to move her into other people's houses. Ava has money. Ava has the mob and her cousin. Nobody will able to get to her. Come on now. I know you want to force a plot point here, but you aren't managing it.

....heres a question - why didn't they keep Joey around for a few months? He could have attended his parents' remarriage and been involved in this Charlie/Ava/Tripp drama. Makes sense....

The only things I liked today were Nicole's hair and makeup (niiiiice!) and the actor playing Charlie. He's really good. I honestly believe him when he says he didn't rape Allie. Which means the directors aren't doing a good job here.

• Love 4

Did Tripp move back in with Steve & Kayla? They're acting like Ava lived alone.

Tripp should not take any apology Lucas, after how Lucas treated him. Tripp should be not having anything to do with him.

I thought Marlena’s claim that she and John were under the weather was odd, at least her delivery was odd. The actor who plays Charlie was interviewed on Dishin’ Days and it sounds like he and “Allie” worked together a lot, preparing for the rape scenes. He really takes his role seriously with all its implications. Check YT for the video. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Tripp should not take any apology Lucas, after how Lucas treated him. Tripp should be not having anything to do with him.

Given that Tripp put a scalpel under Kayla's throat and threatened to kill her in front of her son and husband.  Mind you Kayla who was nothing but good to him despite the hell his mother put her through is in no position to reject anybody's apology in my opinion. If I remember correctly Tripp tried to sabotage her license as a Doctor by messing with her patients.. Kayla also was helping him achieve his dreams of becoming a doctor offered to mentor him.  You don't mess with somebody's way of earning a living and their family.  Tripp did both when it came to Kayla.. Poor Kayla! she is forever being attacked by somebody connected to Steve.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Artsda said:

This! I was confused about that too. They talked as if Ava lives alone (and that she's not a mob princess w/access to bodyguards), but Tripp was living there and the one who reported her missing. He was only absent for the abduction because he was having dinner w/Steve, Kayla, and Joey.  So then how do they plan on protecting Ava when Rafe's at work? 

• Useful 1

Ava can afford a nice apartment or condo in a building with a good security system and an inexpensive baseball bat in each room. She has plenty of mob money or Uncle Angelo can give a donation. If Tripp is living with her, she has an extra person. Except for contrivance, there is no reason for her to live with Rafe and Gabi.

Nicole looked good today - good hair, makeup, dress.

Allie now loves Henry? He's not a reminder of her trauma? Marlena's doing well with her food poisoning. She should be eating toast, crackers, and maybe rice and dry chicken now.

Of course Charlie got off. There is no real evidence and it is a he-said and she-said case. Allie should have gone to a clinic and gotten the necessary work done to file actual charges. He was almost convincing when he was talking with Claire. Too bad Ben interrupted them.

Ben, you are lucky you didn't get what I get - a wrong number with some dude who has a similar number to me being contacted by a car dealership or has amazing luck in winning 'contests'. Ciara should have texted you!

Rhodes' date is Orpheus?

Lucas making empty death threats? He probably can't kill a bug.

I probably wouldn't accept anyone's apologies for a long time, Tripp.

• Love 4

So wait, Rhodes thinks Orpheus is Vincent? Or was he really going to meet Vincent, but Orpheus showed up instead? I guess we'll find out, but that threw me.

I really hate when characters do that ridiculous thing where they turn their back to the door/"dead" villain to call the cops/heroic rescuer. At least at first they had Ciara repeatedly turning to look at the door while she called (and how did she get past Rhodes' passcode?), but dammit, just keep your eyes on the door/villain so you can see if they're coming back/waking up! And then you don't give yourself whiplash turning your head back and forth! 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Yeah, that was pretty funny. And it was made even funnier when they returned to the scene and it was just Lucas grabbing Charlie by the lapels. At least with Tripp, Lucas advanced on him with scissors. I've always liked Lucas, but I just don't find him intimidating, even in angry-father mode.

I cringed at Nicole's flimsy reasons for why Ava can only be safe living with Rafe. I felt bad for the actors because it seems the writers don't care how stupid it all sounds, they just want Ava living with Rafe so they can set up a triangle. Problem is, Ava is a pretty despicable person, and even though Rafe has his flaws, there's no way the Police Commissioner would ever have her live with him; much less have romantic feelings for her. I laughed when Nicole said Rafe has a "big house" because all we ever see of that house is the tiny living room and (only recently) the kitchen.

3 hours ago, Artsda said:

I don't think even the writers know where Tripp is supposed to be living at the moment. It certainly did seem like he moved back in with S&K while Ava was missing. But at that time it still hadn't been proven that he was not Allie's rapist, so I don't think Kayla would have welcomed him back into her home. I wonder, now that Ava's apartment will be vacant, if Tripp will move in there to give his father and Kayla some privacy.

If I'm ever held hostage for months on end and finally get my hands on a phone, the first call I'd place would be to 911. Ciara is kinda dumb. Also, I did not miss her.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

the actor playing Charlie. He's really good. I honestly believe him when he says he didn't rape Allie. Which means the directors aren't doing a good job here.

It seems to me that Charlie would have convinced himself that he didn't rape Allie, so the actor should embody that in his performance.  I'm missing how someone isn't doing a good job.  

2 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

So wait, Rhodes thinks Orpheus is Vincent? Or was he really going to meet Vincent, but Orpheus showed up instead? I guess we'll find out, but that threw me.

I wondered this, too.  Could Orpheus somehow be the one behind the kidnapping, and Vincent really does believe Ciara is dead?  It's not like this writing team is committed to their stories making sense.  

I drives me crazy that Ava is so completely lacking in empathy towards Charlie, and doesn't seem the least bit conflicted in what consequences may come his way.  

The look of hurt on Charlie's face when Claire rejected him.  He'll burn that city to the ground without a second thought.  

One ringy-dingy.  Two ringy-dingies.  There's static on the line of the super, amazing connection between Ben and Ciara, and who could be the culprit?  Oh my!

Ernistine.jpg

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

this show has no moral compass at all(same with all soaps)

Exactly! Otherwise where's the drama?

5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

.heres a question - why didn't they keep Joey around for a few months?

Because he's boring as hell....

• Love 2
9 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Yeah, that was pretty funny. And it was made even funnier when they returned to the scene and it was just Lucas grabbing Charlie by the lapels. At least with Tripp, Lucas advanced on him with scissors. I've always liked Lucas, but I just don't find him intimidating, even in angry-father mode.

I cringed at Nicole's flimsy reasons for why Ava can only be safe living with Rafe. I felt bad for the actors because it seems the writers don't care how stupid it all sounds, they just want Ava living with Rafe so they can set up a triangle. Problem is, Ava is a pretty despicable person, and even though Rafe has his flaws, there's no way the Police Commissioner would ever have her live with him; much less have romantic feelings for her. I laughed when Nicole said Rafe has a "big house" because all we ever see of that house is the tiny living room and (only recently) the kitchen.

I don't think even the writers know where Tripp is supposed to be living at the moment. It certainly did seem like he moved back in with S&K while Ava was missing. But at that time it still hadn't been proven that he was not Allie's rapist, so I don't think Kayla would have welcomed him back into her home. I wonder, now that Ava's apartment will be vacant, if Tripp will move in there to give his father and Kayla some privacy.

If I'm ever held hostage for months on end and finally get my hands on a phone, the first call I'd place would be to 911. Ciara is kinda dumb. Also, I did not miss her.

Yesterday when Tripp said he changed the locks on the apartment, (and loaded movies on the TV?  -  What the hell is that?) it seemed to imply that he was still living there and waiting for Ava to come back.  All these plot points are incredibly stupid.  Ava is supposedly very rich.  But somehow, she can't afford proper security?  Especially since it's only one, specific person, not some other mysterious "rival mob" or something, who could literally send anyone so she wouldn't know who to be on the look-out for.  

And how does a supposed cops daughter NOT know to call 911 first and identify herself?  They would obviously then notify the Salem police.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I laughed when Nicole said Rafe has a "big house" because all we ever see of that house is the tiny living room and (only recently) the kitchen.

LOL A tiny living room that Orpheus easily and quietly broke into not so long ago and sat casually waiting for Rafe to get home.  If Charlie can pick a lock half as good Ava is screwed. 

I'm right there w/ya.  With her return, I realized just how much she annoys me.  I think it's her obnoxious insistence that her and Ben's true love will save her.  Also why didn't she just go to the bathroom to make the call.  Leave the door just ajar enough to watch out for Rhodes's return but turn on the faucet/shower to cover her voice while she made multiple 'save me' calls.  If Rhodes returned she could hide the phone in the waste can and claim he must have lost it somewhere else. "Don't ask me where it is, I was taking a shit."  I suppose he could search her space, but hey if he wants to root through a bathroom trash with Kleenexes and possibly used tampons/pads, let him.  

9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I wondered this, too.  Could Orpheus somehow be the one behind the kidnapping, and Vincent really does believe Ciara is dead?  It's not like this writing team is committed to their stories making sense.  

I have to wonder if in the Salem universe there's a madman network hotline. If you can't finish the job you started you get another villain to do it for you, but you also gotta pay your dues or pay it forward. Like Orpheus blew up her house and kidnapped Marlena back in the 80s, but when Marlena reappeared in Salem in the 90s she was at the hands of Stefano. So now Orpheus is fulfilling his end of the contract by taking over the Ciara kidnapping from Vincent.  Personally, this seems fair, and I have no complaints as Vincent never worked for me as a compelling villain unless maybe Days was set in a Twin Peaks universe. Orpheus, on the other hand, I adore and always welcome him back to my TV screen, lame plot reasoning or not, to relish in his snarky goodness.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

And how does a supposed cops daughter NOT know to call 911 first and identify herself?  They would obviously then notify the Salem police.

Maybe Ciara finally has enough self-awareness to realize that everyone in the entire world, including all police and law enforcement everywhere would just shudder and hang up the second she identified herself, and block her number, except for Ben?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

The Susan/Kristen scenes were utterly painful--are we supposed to be cheering Kristen on while she manipulates a mentally unhinged woman to trade places with her?  Because Kristen's allegedly changed for the better because pulling guns on family members while ranting and raving about their boyfriend are the sure signs of an emotionally healthy person.

I like Ben and Claire--there is a believable friendship chemistry between them but that's all going to be ruined when Ciara is rescued and living in Salem again.  And what is up with Marlena? Are we supposed to be charmed that a woman in her sixties is that clueless about food prep?

Oh yeah, Orpheus is back--I don't know who Rhodes will be more annoyed by, him or Ciara.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6

Just when you think Ben can't get any dumber, the first person he goes to for help in locating his missing wife is the pseudo-psychic woman with big teeth and the IQ of a four year old instead of anyone who could trace a phone call. 🙄 These two deserve to be separated. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I like Ben and Claire--there is a believable friendship chemistry between them but that's all going to be ruined when Ciara is rescued and living in Salem again.  And what is up with Marlena? Are we supposed to be charmed that a woman in her sixties is that clueless about food prep?

70s. She is a great-grandmother to a preteen Ari

• Love 2

Are they writing Susan even more naïve than usual?  I mean, agreeing to go to prison, just to keep Chloe from Brady, and to get an ice cream sundae once a week!  And the promise of sundaes is probably a lie, though Stacy wasn't playing it like she was pulling Susan's leg.  But still, prison!  Despite the fact that Kristen seems to have sole occupancy of both the visitor's room (well except for newbie inmate, Vivian) and phone area, it's a prison.  You know, with doors with bars, and bunk beds, and likely a cell mate that snores.  Course we haven't even seen a prison guard since she's been there, so maybe Kristin runs the place!  They definitely must have a hair salon, because Kristen's hair suddenly when from straight and greasy to pretty and curly.  🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Are they writing Susan even more naïve than usual?  I mean, agreeing to go to prison, just to keep Chloe from Brady, and to get an ice cream sundae once a week!  And the promise of sundaes is probably a lie, though Stacy wasn't playing it like she was pulling Susan's leg.  But still, prison!  Despite the fact that Kristen seems to have sole occupancy of both the visitor's room (well except for newbie inmate, Vivian) and phone area, it's a prison.  You know, with doors with bars, and bunk beds, and likely a cell mate that snores.  Course we haven't even seen a prison guard since she's been there, so maybe Kristin runs the place!  They definitely must have a hair salon, because Kristen's hair suddenly when from straight and greasy to pretty and curly.  🙄

I was almost expecting Orpheus to be eating an ice-cream sundae while conversing with Rhodes.  Statesville is just that ludicrous that while I'm sure Kristin was conning Susan, it wouldn't really surprise me in a prison where Kristin spends more time on the internet and phone, harassing the outside world, than in her cell; there's no guard monitoring them or their calls; and visitation is unregulated and limitless.  On that note, did it never cross Hope, Ben, or Shawn's mind to keep tabs on Vincent's visitor list???

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

17 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

It seems to me that Charlie would have convinced himself that he didn't rape Allie, so the actor should embody that in his performance.  I'm missing how someone isn't doing a good job. 

Exactly. MM is doing fantastic imo. Charlie clearly is trying to convince himself he did nothing wrong but you can also see that he knows he actually did because MM can play layers lol.

I drives me crazy that Ava is so completely lacking in empathy towards Charlie, and doesn't seem the least bit conflicted in what consequences may come his way.  

Seriously. She just proves him right about his lifetime of trauma over her by not giving one single fuck about him.

[Charlie will] burn that city to the ground without a second thought.  

I hope so!

59 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Vivian's already at Statesville without having had a trial?

I about rolled out of my chair laughing at this. She also appeared to have stopped for a trim and shampoo on the way, too.

ETA: Oh, today's ep was boring as hell. I fast forwarded most of it.

• Love 6