Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Plots I'm interested in:

Gwen vs the Deveraux clan

Charlie, Tripp etc especially people apologizing to Tripp

Xander when he's on once a fortnight 

Chloe and Brady redo

Ivan and Linda Dano

No interest:

Cin 

Any character played by Stacey. She seems lovely but Kristen and her lookalikes are so 1990s

Lani and Eli 

Nicole and Rafe

• Love 8

If Vivian hates the name Jacob, why is she calling the baby Jacob?

Why didn't Ciara duck around the corner instead of standing stock still?

Lani and Eli's behavior epitomizes just how stupid Salem PD are.

Yah, I figured that the reason for Susan being there was so that Kristen could escape from jail.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

If Vivian hates the name Jacob, why is she calling the baby Jacob?

Why didn't Ciara duck around the corner instead of standing stock still?

Lani and Eli's behavior epitomizes just how stupid Salem PD are.

Yah, I figured that the reason for Susan being there was so that Kristen could escape from jail.

I got the impression she hates the name "Jake", but probably thinks "Jacob" is more regal.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

That would be remote viewing. Premonitions are seen before an event happens.

Exactly.  But Susan was too late to save Brady from the shooting. And more or less "live tweeting" Ciara's attempted escape, really isn't a premonition either. 🙄

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I got the impression she hates the name "Jake", but probably thinks "Jacob" is more regal.

My impression as well. And I kinda get it. Jacob is my favorite name for a guy. If I had a son, I'd want to name him Jacob, but I'd hate people calling him Jake, lol. 

Anyway...so, in the space of...what, a couple hours of convincing from Ivan, Vivian went from "get these stupid babies out of here" to "OMG daydreaming about the futures of these precious children is all I can think about!!!" And Lani and Eli forget ALL their cop training because Ivan threatened the babies...using his words? That Ivan is certainly one smooth talker.

I enjoyed the Chloe and Philip scenes, at least.

• Love 7

Susan Banks remote viewing over the top-ness was embarrassing. You can do it without being a freak show. Surprised no one was tweeting it.

Was sure Kristen could hear the screeching from Brady’s hospital room. I could see her brain’s gears turn.

So Philip is being bailed out by his dad? Nope, you normally can’t go up against the mob on your own.

Thought the door Ciara found was the bathroom. Back to her plexiglass walls. And the same stupid fortune cookie.

Eli and Lani were dumb to turn in their weapons and phones. And get locked in.

Madame changed from not wanting the babies to planning exciting lives for them. Ivan is a smart man. Guess he learned from Madame.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 6

I ffwd to the end because I wanted more Gwen & Jack & Charlie & Company. Alas none of them were on today so I watched the last 5 minutes. Why can’t I ever have nice things? Enjoy the weekend (and, the snow in the northeast) y’all.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I ffwd to the end because I wanted more Gwen & Jack & Charlie & Company. Alas none of them were on today so I watched the last 5 minutes. Why can’t I ever have nice things? Enjoy the weekend (and, the snow in the northeast) y’all.

Stopped snowing here and now it is just cold for the next days. Highs in the mid to upper -20s Celsius and lows in the low to mid -30s. Some places with wind chills in the -40 to -50C range for some areas. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Yes, Vivian explained this the last time she was in Salem, just before she faked her death.  

7 hours ago, buffynut said:

And more or less "live tweeting" Ciara's attempted escape, really isn't a premonition either. 🙄

"Live tweeting" is hilarious.  At least the actor portraying Rhodes made the scenes with Ciara somewhat interesting but Susan's play-by-plays were the worst.  

6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I fast forwarded most of this episode.

Ugh, me too.  It's kinda nice when I can finish the episode in the 20 minutes or less but I actually prefer it when I want to see everything that happens.  

What is Linda Dano doing?  She didn't even sound happy when she explained to Ivan that she was so happy to have those children in her life now.  And why did I bother to stop and watch that scene???  

One of those writers is trying so hard to make the Ben/Ciara and Romeo/Juliet thing happen.  And why did I bother to stop and watch that scene???  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

What is Linda Dano doing?  She didn't even sound happy when she explained to Ivan that she was so happy to have those children in her life now.  And why did I bother to stop and watch that scene???   

She's really bad and not in a fun way. I'm just embarrassed. Such a shame.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

One of those writers is trying so hard to make the Ben/Ciara and Romeo/Juliet thing happen.  And why did I bother to stop and watch that scene???  

From what I saw for next week's preview, that Romeo/Juliet thing IS going to happen.   Can this show get any worse?   (Don't answer, I'm sure it can.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I don't understand why she's playing Vivian so subdued. Did she not go to Youtube to at least get an inkling of an idea of how to play Vivian? There's also something lethargic about her Vivian that makes it hard to believe that she could ever be threatening.

Ciara/Ben/Claire. In general, I've never liked when Days incorporated the supernatural into the show. This is no exception. Susan has always been hard to watch for me, and I just can't suspend my belief enough for her to give play by plays of Ciara's capture, and I'm also not certain why Claire and Ben are taking her at her word. I feel like I keep saying, "I like this Claire, but...;" that being said, I like this Claire, but she really needs an identity. She feels so far removed from who the previous Claire was, and I'm not quite certain who her Claire is supposed to be. She and Ben have no chemistry to me, not even as friends, and I know it's hard for Days and the Soap industry in general, but these recasts are making it harder. Lastly, I'm going to be a hypocrite, but it really annoyed me how the last Claire seemed to have no relationship to Hope, and Hope often spoke of Claire with Ciara as if Claire was a total stranger to Hope. This new Claire says Grandma Hope at least once an episode. I'm just asking for a reasonable balance. 

Philip is so odd this go round. I love Chloe/Philip, but he just seems so smarmy and absent in his scenes. While I think he does much better with Chloe and Brady than Sarah and Xander, there is still something missing from the performance. He also hasn't been doing as well with Victor this go round either. I hope it's still JKJ just getting used to Soap acting again especially with Covid rules because I can't imagine him sticking around long-term if this is the best he can do.

• Love 11

So Jake didn't actually confirm or deny if he still has feelings for Gabi--I love it--and Gabi's "We're going to bury you, have a nice day!" made me snicker.  Titan vs DiMera might be a tad more interesting then the endless who gets to be CEO shuffle that happens with both companies every couple of months.

I really hate Laura and her wounded routine, first with Abs and Jennifer and then with Kate, is nauseating because she doesn't seem to care that Gwen was hurt in the mix.  Who in their right mind would be okay with an innocent child suffering, no matter who the parents are?

• Love 8

So Gwen doesn't have to do a damn thing to get forgiveness?  Instead, the story is about whether or not SHE can forgive even though there's only one person in the Horton/Deveraux clan who knew of her existance?

How is she different than Abs?

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 10
On 2/5/2021 at 2:07 PM, buffynut said:

Did Lani and Eli really just throw their, likely loaded, guns into a hallway where anyone could just come along and pick them up?  And then give up their cell phones?  And then get tricked into being locked in a room?  I know they need conflict, but really ..;.

I thought they both (especially Lanni) should have lost their jobs over the whole Kristin mess, but their idiocy on Friday took them beyond 'shouldn't have a badge' to 'too stupid to live.' If a hockey-masked manic with a machete shows up in Salem, they're odds of survival are grim to none. 

On 2/6/2021 at 12:38 AM, enchantingmonkey said:

I can't decide which is lamer--the fortune cookie mumbo-jumbo or the Shakespeare crap. Combine them together w/their Bope semi-psychic connection and it just becomes a parody of a supercouple, not an actual supercouple.  Though an actual parody would be more entertaining.  Like it might actually be funny to see Ciara locked up in a glass room with a library of contemporary romance--modern smutty, erotic, one-handed reads with shirtless dudes who have abs like Ben on the cover, as opposed to the romantic tragedy the real plot is going with. But she has no privacy (the glass cage and all) and it's been months since she and Ben have spent endless hours in their bed at the Salem Inn. (Isn't that all they basically did for a storyline from last March to July anyways?) It becomes torture to Ciara (or at least some serious sexual frustration) to the point she's banging on the glass demanding he draw the curtains and give her a battery operated friend if he won't reunite her with her "true lust....ah I mean love," she screams! 😁🤣

Also, as a former English lit major grad, I just want to slap Rhodes upside the head with that book and tell him to stop bootlicking those dead white guys otherwise known as the English Canon or known to cowboy Rhodes as the classics.  There's more compelling pieces out there. 

On 2/6/2021 at 7:23 PM, 4evaQuez said:

I don't understand why she's playing Vivian so subdued. Did she not go to Youtube to at least get an inkling of an idea of how to play Vivian? There's also something lethargic about her Vivian that makes it hard to believe that she could ever be threatening.

Agree! Louise Sorel made you forget how old Vivian (or herself in real life) was as she played it with vibrancy and sharpness, even (or perhaps especially) when she indulged in crazy.  Linda Dano is playing the role as if she just completed a character study at the dementia floor in a retirement home. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Chad's t-shirt should be almost tie-dye for there to have been an epic paintball slaughter. Not just a few artistic blotches.

It's not all about Gwen and her needs and wants. She is not a child and is a 30-some woman who has found her biological father. She can stay hurt for the rest of her life but that won't accomplish much. Just more hurt. What does she want or expect from him? To be 'family', to be his 'little' girl, what exactly? Does she want money that was withheld from her? I understand the anger and blame. She had a choice to approach her family without poisoning her sister, destroying her father's marriage, having an affair with her sister's husband, gaslighting, etc. Taking her rage and directing it is silly. Talk with her 'dad' and maybe agree to some family counselling to figure out what sort of relationship they want with each other. It's awkward to find out you have a 30 year old child. She doesn't have the same needs as someone younger. All will need to figure out how to have an adult familial type relationship, if that is even possible.

News travels fast around Salem. First Jake finds out, then Kate finds out, and she approaches Laura, has a few digs at her. Then of course Laura has to go to visit Gwen and admit to pretend to be Jack's secretary to pay her mom off so that separated Jack and Jennifer don't have to deal with a new problem.

Too bad Victor paid off Philip's debt and cancelled any future hits. Poor Xander was hoping to be the only CEO.

Jake wants to hire Kate? Not a good idea. Let her stay working for Abe.

Gabi has signed with Titan?

• Love 6

Enjoyed all of the Jack/Gwen scenes, as I kept imagining that Gwen is too damaged from her unfortunate upbringing to hold back from her revenge impulses, and her relationship with Jack will never be what she'd imagined it would be.  

Oh great.  Victor has fixed everything, Philip is forgiven and now they can be a happy family.  Can this story please go somewhere?  Send Xander back to his former criminal self?  I don't give a damn about Brady being shot, and it all feels like a waste of time at this point.  

Jamie Lyn Bauer has done a good job considering Laura has to be an asshole thrown into the middle of storyline that's been going on for months.  But I couldn't help but imagine how Susan Flannery would have played that scene when Kate came at her with her snarky mouth.  Not that I was watching when Susan Flannery was Laura, but maybe it was more how Stephanie Forrester would have given Kate a run-for-her-money, while JLB played Laura as such a sad sack in those scenes.  Fan fiction...ahhhhhhh.  

• Love 4

See, it's stuff like what happened today that makes me feel like the show is catering to Gwen way too damn much. Why the hell was Jack standing there and groveling for her forgiveness? He didn't know about her growing up. He didn't abandon her. Have him feel sorry for how Gwen grew up, sure. But acting like he is actually all to blame for Gwen's lot in life. Hell no. And then Gwen smugly stands there, snidely calling him daddy, and acting like she really needs to contemplate whether she can deign to forgive him.

I can appreciate that Jack wants to get to know his newfound daughter and, I can also appreciate that Jack realizes he's been given a lot of second chances and wants to pass it on, but for someone to earn forgiveness, they should be willing to acknowledge they did something wrong. I wasn't watching at the time, but from what I've heard, Jack didn't automatically receive forgiveness for raping Kayla and didn't automatically expect it. He felt like shit over it and worked for his redemption. Even recently, he tried to make amends for the things he did when he had amnesia. Yes, most people forgave him pretty quickly, but Jack felt terrible for the things he did while he had amnesia and basically went on an apology tour over it. 

It doesn't matter that Gwen had a rough childhood. What she did was heinous and just being forgiven because she and Jack share DNA is crap. Look at Tripp. He had a shitty childhood too, and did some horrible stuff when he came to Salem. I don't know if Steve forgave him right away, but I know when I started watching the show regularly again, Tripp still felt like shit for what he did to Kayla and was constantly apologizing to her. Even now, he still recognizes what he did was wrong and doesn't expect Kayla to ever forget it. I'm not going to ever root for Gwen if she continues to express no remorse, but we're supposed to just sympathize with her because she had a crappy childhood. Boo-hoo, you're in your thirties, act like a grown-up, instead of a whiny child, and deal with it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

I hate Laura and her grating little baby voice and her unwillingness to own up to what she did. “I’m sorry I’m sorry! “Well I’m one of those who doesn’t care if you’re sorry if you’ve committed A heinous offense that has affected the lives of other people so Detrimentally. You  can say you’re sorry all you want but you’re still disgusting. 
I think many people don’t understand early trauma and abandonment in a child’s life and what has led Gwen to become the woman she is now. You can say all you want “oh get over it you’re a grown woman blah blah blah”Well ptsd, abandonment, etc in mental health doesn’t work that way!

Edited by chediavolo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, chediavolo said:

You can say all you want “oh get over it you’re a grown woman blah blah blah”Well ptsd, abandonment, etc in mental health doesn’t work that way!

That's true.  But it also doesn't lead to poisoning people. 

• Love 8

Yes my sympathy is definitely with Gwen as she is clearly very messed up and she knows it. When she said that she could have been normal instead of an avenging bitch that was so telling as it shows she is self aware of the crap she has done and has a lot of self loathing. I doubt she killed Laura; I think they struggled and Laura did the classic bang head and dead thing they do on soaps

Speaking of messed up....are we meant to see Susan as mentally ill? Cause she is coming across more and more "simple" (to use a word that may not be pc) to me and Kristen's manipulation of her today felt really really wrong, not that it will matter cause I can see we are in for 'fun'  hijinx of Kristen as Susan again leering at Chloe giving Brady his sponge baths. Count me out on that one

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

it shows she is self aware of the crap she has done and has a lot of self loathing.

So self-aware that she left out poisoning Abigail out of all the things she's done that will keep them from being BFF.  She only mentioned sleeping with Chad as if that's the worst crime she's committed against Abigail.  And so self-aware that everyone else but her should suffer the consequences for the things that they do, even when they haven't actually done anything.  And her figuring out that people will rightfully not want anything to do with her isn't so much self-aware as more of the obvious conclusion to come to.  

I doubt she killed Laura; I think they struggled and Laura did the classic bang head and dead thing they do on soaps

She certainly is capable of killing though isn't she?  She's just been lucky enough that she hasn't been successful yet.  That we know of.  But if people keep blaming others and refusing to hold her accountable for the things she CHOOSES to do?  She'll succeed one of these days. 

It doesn't matter if she didn't mean to kill Laura if she and Jack don't try to get her help and/or cover it up.  They will have let her die.  But I'm sure that'll make Jennifer et. al feel better.  That she didn't mean it.  She did mean to kill Abigail though.  But that's different because Laura paid her mother off a long time ago right?  Everything she's done is okay and she gets a pass because . . . Laura.  Laura made her posion Abigail.  Laura made her sleep with Chad.  Laura made her try to bust up Jack's marriage.  None of it is Gwen's own fault.  Nope.  Nothing at all.  If she was so self-aware she should call 911 tell them it was an accident and let the situation play itself out.  But I doubt it.  She's probably just going to blame Laura for this too.  And guilt Jack with the "I wouldn't be this way if I had a Daddy" card to get him to cover for her.  

No doubt Laura was wrong to do what she did, but it's not punishable by death.  I can't wait though for Gwen to use Laura's bad deed as an excuse for killing her, accidental or not.  She's already used it as a reason for everything else she's done.

Just so, SO much for this character.  It's almost at Ben levels.

Edited by KBrownie
Left out a word.
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

Just so, SO much for this character.  It's almost at Ben levels.

I get it, you hate Gwen, I like her. The difference between Ben and Gwen (oh God they rhyme) is that the actress is good who plays Gwen and the guy who plays Ben is not. I just enjoy watching her, she amuses me and I don't really care what she did since Ben is walking around and being lauded as a great guy. No matter what Gwen did, she did not shoot Wendy in the head or strangle Paige to death, so she is a step above. Plus she is now aware she had the wrong info and is feeling bad about Abby on some level. She did not need to list all her crimes to Laura, did she? So many to remember really....

• Love 5

Xander: I quit!

Entire World: Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Dude, talk about your first world problems. If you're such a gifted CEO, apply for a job somewhere else. That would really stick it to Victor!

Up until the possible murder of Laura, today's episode was when I changed my feelings on Gwen. Up until now, I've viewed her as way OTT with her actions (and I still don't disagree with that point), but she did a good job of explaining just how much Laura's actions really did completely alter her lot in life.

The less said about Susan, the better.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I hate Laura and her grating little baby voice and her unwillingness to own up to what she did. “I’m sorry I’m sorry! “Well I’m one of those who doesn’t care if you’re sorry if you’ve committed A heinous offense that has affected the lives of other people so Detrimentally. You  can say you’re sorry all you want but you’re still disgusting. 
I think many people don’t understand early trauma and abandonment in a child’s life and what has led Gwen to become the woman she is now. You can say all you want “oh get over it you’re a grown woman blah blah blah”Well ptsd, abandonment, etc in mental health doesn’t work that way!

A shitty childhood as horrible as it is does not give you the right to hurt people who did not cause your unhappiness.  She is an adult and at some point Gwen needs to take responsibility for her actions and her life.  She tried to kill her own sister and as much as I hate Abigail she did not deserve to be poisoned.  Has Gwen thought about how Abigail not being around would affect her  small kids? Are Abigail's kids not entitled to be raised and loved by their mother or is Gwen's pain about not having a father the only thing that matters to the exclusion of everybody else's?

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8

Also no episode here for today (2/9). My one channel is being so generous 🙄 though...they plan to air Days at 3am in the morning!!!  Since I'd like to be functional tomorrow, I don't plan on being awake at that time so summaries of today's episode are welcome. Did I miss anything good? So far I'm gathering that Laura bit the dust and Zander threw a temper tantrum about the CEO thing again. 

Edited by Peanut6711
19 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Also no episode here for today (2/9). My one channel is being so generous 🙄 though...they plan to air Days at 3am in the morning!!!  Since I'd like to be functional tomorrow, I don't plan on being awake at that time so summaries of today's episode are welcome. Did I miss anything good? So far I'm gathering that Laura bit the dust and Zander threw a temper tantrum about the CEO thing again. 

- Xander whined endlessly about Victor not accepting Philip's resignation as co-CEO. (This family hates me! Boo boo boo!)

- Kristen convinced Susan (who was visiting her in prison) that Chloe must.be.stopped. as she is after Brady, and the only way to do this is is Susan swaps places with Kristen so she can "keep an eye on things" (because that's a sign of a healthy relationship).

- Chloe offered to help take care of Brady when he's released. He mentioned that he "laid into" Kristen on the phone, and protested for about 5 seconds before he accepted the offer.

- Laura went to visit Gwen and did absolutely no good at pleading her case. Gwen (rightfully so) ripped into her about what her actions did. It ended with Gwen standing over Laura laying unconscious on the floor with a small pool of blood next to her.

- Chad went paintballing with the kids, then asked Abigail to move back in.

• Useful 2

I was impressed with how calm Gwen was actually. Just really digesting how this woman had created the monster she has become

Oh and I cheered Xander. Enough is enough Victor made it clear no matter what Philip gets Titan. Time to move on and do something else

• Love 4
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I get it, you hate Gwen, I like her. The difference between Ben and Gwen (oh God they rhyme) is that the actress is good who plays Gwen and the guy who plays Ben is not. I just enjoy watching her, she amuses me and I don't really care what she did since Ben is walking around and being lauded as a great guy. No matter what Gwen did, she did not shoot Wendy in the head or strangle Paige to death, so she is a step above. Plus she is now aware she had the wrong info and is feeling bad about Abby on some level. She did not need to list all her crimes to Laura, did she? So many to remember really....

They both suck. It's slightly easier to watch Gwen, because yes, the actress is better, but for me it doesn't help enough. One thing Ben has over her is genuine remorse. Ben walking around being lauded is shitty, but it doesn't mean we need more Bens walking around on the show. 

6 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I understand it - that's why I used Tripp as an example in my post. He had a horrible childhood and abandonment issues and did crappy things. I don't have a problem with people doing bad things and getting redemption, but it also depends on how the show handles it (Kristen, Ben being horrible examples.) But having a bad childhood, PTSD, etc. doesn't mean you get to go around abusing innocent people and you should just be forgiven, especially when you don't admit your mistakes and seek forgiveness for them.

1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Has Gwen thought about how Abigail not being around would affect her  small kids? Are Abigail's kids not entitled to be raised and loved by their mother or is Gwen's pain about not having a father the only thing that matters to the exclusion of everybody else's?

This is a great point! Of course, Gwen is selfish and is only thinking about her own pain - pain that Abigail didn't even cause. She took care of those kids - her niece and nephew - and didn't care about screwing up their childhoods because only her screwed up childhood matters.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Every character is the same. Most of them have killed people, raped people, drugged people, whatever, to varying degrees and have varying degrees of remorse/redemption. I only care about whether they entertain me or not lol.

Not really true with every character having raped or killed, etc. And not every situation can be looked at as black and white or taken in a vacuum (like if a character has killed before what was the reason. Were they a cold-blooded psycho or was it self-defense or something else?) But it is up to every individual to decide what their threshold is for what they can take from their faves. My lines in the sand include many things including remorseless brain scramblers, serial killers, remorseless rapists, people who use dying children as leverage, etc.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Every character is the same. Most of them have killed people, raped people, drugged people, whatever, to varying degrees and have varying degrees of remorse/redemption. I only care about whether they entertain me or not lol.

The sad thing is that Soaps were not meant to be that way. It was supposed to be love in the afternoon with characters we love... It shows you how soaps have gone off the rails to their detriment when every character has committed some type of felony..  A serial killer is a romantic hero in a genre that was meant to appeal to women..

• Love 8
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ugh, didn't get the ep. I'll have to check Peacock later since I actually wanna see the Gwen scenes. Doesn't sound like I'll give a shit about anything else though.

I suspect I won't get any eps this week, which deeply annoys me.

I know how you feel.  I'm right there w/ya in annoyance mode. You'd think it was 1980 and there were only 12 channels on TV, not half a dozen news networks that are airing the "breaking news" anyways, at least one of which is owned by NBC.  It's not that I don't care about the "breaking news" but I can read about it after Days is over. Soaps have enough rating problems and these interruptions don't help.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Chad's t-shirt should be almost tie-dye for there to have been an epic paintball slaughter. Not just a few artistic blotches.

I thought he said it was slime?

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ugh, didn't get the ep. I'll have to check Peacock later since I actually wanna see the Gwen scenes. Doesn't sound like I'll give a shit about anything else though.

I suspect I won't get any eps this week, which deeply annoys me.

It’s up on Peacock now Sis.

i had to re-install it ans the CBS app otherwise I’d get no stories between the the national stuff and everything going on w Illinois and Chicago. 

• Love 1

Sarah Horton found time to get a new haircut!

Susan, who cares that Chloe picked up some food for Brady at the pub? Hospital food sucks. There was a funny comment about Brady that made me laugh but I forget what it is.

We never did get Susan and Kristen in the same shot, at least both their faces. It really is not a good idea for Kristen and Susan to change places. Where will Susan get another set of teeth? No one would be able to tell?

I liked when Gwen found out that Laura had an affair with Jack but neither had any idea who the other was. The Meadows - as a place to find oneself. At least Gwen owned her behaviour, to a point. She did have the opportunity to not try to kill her sister, break up her father's marriage, break up her sister's marriage, etc. It will not be easy to deal with the abandonment and that may take a lot of time and counselling. She does have to want to do so.

So was there an altercation and that is how Laura ended up on the floor? Was there an accident?

Poor Xander still having to work with Philip.

I don't think someone wakes up in the morning and consciously chooses to be a remorseless criminal.  That's the main reason I find Gwen to be interesting, because it seems like she is self aware enough to know that she is trouble but there's also an element of not being able to control her impulses.  And wow, did her revenge impulses pay off sooner than I expected with Laura laying there in a pool of her own blood.  

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

So was there an altercation and that is how Laura ended up on the floor? Was there an accident?

They skipped the actual altercation, which I'm assuming will be important to Future-Plot-Contrivances.  

• Love 4
On 2/3/2021 at 12:41 AM, enchantingmonkey said:

OMG, I can't believe those flashbacks really happened.  I laughed so hard that I couldn't even remember the last time I've laughed like that.  Emily O'Brien was good as trashy Tiffany, and while Cady McClain seemed to be trying to make the best of it, I felt slight embarrassment for her and Marci Miller.  

For me, it's the fact that it's supposed to be about 1996 yet everyone is dressed like it's 1987. LOL.

I'm surprised the show has basically reset Abigail's birth back to being 1992. It was retconned to 1988 when Ashley Benson took over in 2004.

So Jake is in his 30's now despite Stefan's tombstone clearly saying he was born in 1975? Okay, then.

Given that I know that Ron just can't help himself, I fully expect at some point to see Ciara and Ben playing Young Hope and Bo scenes, only he's going to dress them like it's 1975 instead of 1983.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

So assuming (and I do) that this stupid switch happens, I have questions:

1. Will nobody at the prison notice the two women swapping garments in the visiting room? Is it really that unmonitored (dumb question I know)

2. Why on earth would Susan agree to sit in jail? I really feel uncomfortable as this portrayal of her seems to indicate she is mentally unwell and while she irritates the crap out of me, she is a good person and she is being manipulated by a psycho

3. Once Kristen ultimately tries to kill Chloe for giving Brady his sponge bath, can Brady finally drop the bitch? I need him back with his real love and away from this toxic relationship once and for all

• Love 10

Okay, so I'll start with Victor/Philip/Xander. While watching their scenes, it dawned on me that this had the makings of being a great story if it was handled with more care - this is a recurring motif of Days for the past decade. I digress. The idea of Xander being a wayward Kiriakis who's willing to do anything for Victor's love and approval is actually great character motivation. The idea that his evil deeds - although most of them had nothing to do with Victor or his approval - were for Victor's attention and approval could be great. The idea that he wants to run Kiriakis Empire for Victor's love and approval could be great. Even the idea that he's with Sarah, one of the few women Victor seemingly doesn't hate and the literal daughter of Victor's current wife as some bid to win Victor's approval could be great. Coupled with the fact that when push comes to shove, Victor never chooses him over Philip or Brady could be the foundation of a great character and the rivalries with Philip and Brady. Xander coming to the realization that the "Golden Boy" could literally launder money and involve the mob nearly killing Victor's beloved grandson, yet Victor still chooses Philip could be the setup of years of story, horrific decisions, familial feuds, and umbrella storylines. Sadly, this is not the story we are seeing. Victor and Xander's relationship has been inconsistent at best. Phillp hasn't been on the show long enough for us to see Xander calling him the "Golden Boy" to feel earned. And Xander for a lot of his early history was just around to cause chaos and move story forward with no idea of how to weave his actions into character motivations. Lastly, the Xander actor isn't skilled enough to pull off such complicated emotions. What could have been a great story is a time waster involving three characters feuding over a business that can be conducted over a series of phone calls in the living room.

I'm only familiar with JLB's Laura, and I've always found her Laura morally ambiguous, selfish, and with little concern for others because she was mostly concerned with her own stolen decades from her own life and not too concerned about how her decisions impacted others. This storlyine doesn't feel out-of-character for me, and I also can't say I'm too saddened to see her die. In theory, I know she's one of the most important legacy characters in Days history, but in practice, I've never once cared when she left the show in the late 90/early 00s. I thought the Gwen actress was the one who truly carried their scenes because JLB rested on her poor wounded Laura tactics that I got sick and tired of during the original Bill/Kate/Laure/Lucas storyline of the 90s. Personally, I love that this ups the stakes in the Gwen/Abby rivalry because now it's not simply about sleeping with Abby's husband - who Abby has divorced at least twice without Gwen's machinations - but about Gwen setting out to truly destroy Abby's life and cause her any grief and suffering that falls her way. While the newest character, Gwen is the one I found myself rooting for. I do wish MR's Jennifer was here as she's the only reason I've had any care for Laura, but since she's not, I don't feel the need to even pretend that the character is dead. Long Live Gwen! The only Johnson/Deveraux I care about.

My biggest question about the Susan/Kristen switch is how on earth are they going to get wigs to change their hair. I mean with the teeth they'll just have to keep their mouths closed, but there's no way Kristen just happens to have two wigs to help trade their identities. Also, I know the Days prison seems like a comfortable place to read and ironically the safest place in Salem, but what incentive does Susan have to sit in a prison cell all day?

Where do people get slime from? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8