Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I liked that show. I discovered this on syndication on E! years ago (back when that network was watchable) I liked to see a show based in Indiana(Indianapolis to be exact) so rare too. Who did he play?

He played the ex-husband of Anne (Bonnie Franklin) and the father of Julie (Mackenzie Phillips) and Barbara (Valerie Bertinelli). He only did a few episodes in the early seasons and later on when Barbara got married. He was a good solid actor. 

• Love 1

I had to laugh at Sara and Maggie's fear and appall over Philip's mob problems and the debate about telling Victor.  Pretty sure at one time dealing with the mob was just a Wednesday business deal for Old Vic. The Kiriakis empire is no stranger to organized crime.  Though I still think that cocky Zander is the one who should be worried. If the Vitali's off Philip they don't get their money. They off Zander, then Philip is sole CEO and they're back in business. 

Was Eli tracing that call to Dr. Rainer?  Zander had her on the phone long enough.  

So it takes Queen Julie to have a medical scare to get Sara called back to work after...what a month? Guess Kayla finally got a day off. 

20 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Gwen said Mummy took her to Salem & Gwen makes it like she saw Jack then when she was supposedly in some roach infested motel. Does Salem have one? She seems to be going on what Mum said which isn’t much.

In the late '80s (so probably around the time Gwen and Mum made that visit) there was the seedy motel where Nick Corelli ran his prostitution business.  Jennifer might remember it as she and Frankie were tied up and held hostage there, I believe. Or she could ask Eve--she worked there.  

Speaking of hotels, I wonder if getting shot in the hallway will hurt the Salem Inn's impressive business.  It would be such a pity for half of the town to have to get apartments of their own due to safety concerns. 🙄  Then again, the reformed serial killer lives there and that doesn't seem to bother anyone. 

• Love 3

Lani was so happy to see and hold her gf today. Notice she’s able to emotionally open up w her in a way she has not with Eli during this? I swear if Kristen wasn’t obsessed w Brady, Lani would risk it all to be w her. 

Phillip’s mugging and inflections worked for me today. I feel like Show should maybe lean into that and make him more of a comic relief and sarcastic or snarky side dude in all the stories. 

Doug looked really nice today in that classic sweater, blazer, and matching pocket square. 

Sarah’s first day at work in over a month. She has that Horton princess pass that Failure and Ciara had were they can work 5 hours a month and still get a full time salary and ass pats.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, ByaNose said:

He played the ex-husband of Anne (Bonnie Franklin) and the father of Julie (Mackenzie Phillips) and Barbara (Valerie Bertinelli). He only did a few episodes in the early seasons and later on when Barbara got married. He was a good solid actor. 

I can't believe I forgot now its coming back to me. I guess because I forget he was a lot younger back then.

18 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Phillip’s mugging and inflections worked for me today. I feel like Show should maybe lean into that and make him more of a comic relief and sarcastic or snarky side dude in all the stories.

YES! He already is that imo but yea they should put him in every story just to act insane and make strange faces.

18 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Lani was so happy to see and hold her gf today. Notice she’s able to emotionally open up w her in a way she has not with Eli during this? I swear if Kristen wasn’t obsessed w Brady, Lani would risk it all to be w her. 

I fast forwarded through these scenes but it looked like they did a lingering close up of them holding hands so they're obviously playing this up. I just don't know if it's ever going to become actual text or stay subtext. I assume it'll stay subtext though since isn't one of TPTB a big homophobe or something?

• Love 3

Maggie's hair looked nice today. Sarah seemed awfully dressed up to go to work. Surely she would have trousers or scrubs on and not a fancy dress. She was only seeing Julie. Doug looked handsome.

Xander was smooth. Very smooth. Loved his dig at Eli and Lani. Hopefully Dr. Raynor shows up for some 'help'.

Gabi is back in town so maybe Julie will think her pacemaker or whatever is caused by Gabi's mischief. Wouldn't put it past her.

Chloe looks good first thing in the AM. I look like a scarecrow with guck on my face and hair out of place.

Brady, it is not a good idea to be in Chloe's room. Wonder if he got shot at the end or the gunshot sound was just that.

Lani and Kristen. They should get together.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, brisbydog said:

What kind of jail lets its inmates hang out all day cruising the net? I want Kristen to suffer more in jail, this isn't cutting it for me

And what jail simply lets people wander around unsupervised?  Every jail I've ever heard of makes visitors stay in a room with guards under close supervision.

On another topic.  Isn't Victor supposed to have gobs and gobs of money?  The idea that Phillip would have to launder mob because of a debt was stupid enough to begin with, but the idea that Maggie would let this go without simply forcing Victor to pay off his debt is beyond ludicrous.  She'd simply deal with it.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Chloe looks good first thing in the AM. I look like a scarecrow with guck on my face and hair out of place.

She looked good with the bed head and less makeup than usual.  It was the least Creepy-Plastic-Doll she's looked since she's been back.  

#TeamDrRaynor all the way.  Eli would be the only reason I might root against her.  Xander and Lani can go duck themselves for all I care.  I'm going to be so pissed if Xander is able to trick Dr Raynor into getting caught.  

The only reason I watched Kristin and Lani was to see how much Stacy Haiduk would sex up those scenes.  There was a little innuendo but I was hoping for the envelope to be pushed even further.  

Kristin getting her panties in a twist at the thought of Brady and Chloe making googly eyes at each other is so stupid that I started laughing during that phone call.  Why is this a storyline???

Were Doug and Julie on?  They went by so fast I could hardly tell.  

1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Isn't Victor supposed to have gobs and gobs of money?  The idea that Phillip would have to launder mob because of a debt was stupid enough to begin with,

Good grief, it's so stupid!  And then Kate is his mother, and she happens to be one of the most cunning women in Salem.  I can see why he won't talk to Victor but why won't he talk to his mother?  I think this worse than Claire becoming a fire-starting psychopath without any kind of intervention from her family.  

• Love 7
14 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Oh, they were, and poor Abe was stuck with them.  Doug was his usual benign self and Julie was also her usual self.

She huffed and puffed, heaved and fluttered, sucking the air out of every scene and then blowing it back in with every twitch and twitter of her overacting and overbearing self all in another hysterical fit because, as she brayed, her "GRANDBABIES ARE MISSING"!! 

She acted like she's stuck her finger in a light socket.

But she didn't,  more's the pity.  

As expected, we did get, this time from Abe,  the obligatory "Everybody LOVES you", Julie" speech.

Where's Gabi when you need her??

Edited by boes
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

She looked good with the bed head and less makeup than usual.  It was the least Creepy-Plastic-Doll she's looked since she's been back.  

#TeamDrRaynor all the way.  Eli would be the only reason I might root against her.  Xander and Lani can go duck themselves for all I care.  I'm going to be so pissed if Xander is able to trick Dr Raynor into getting caught.  

The only reason I watched Kristin and Lani was to see how much Stacy Haiduk would sex up those scenes.  There was a little innuendo but I was hoping for the envelope to be pushed even further.  

Kristin getting her panties in a twist at the thought of Brady and Chloe making googly eyes at each other is so stupid that I started laughing during that phone call.  Why is this a storyline???

Good grief, it's so stupid!  And then Kate is his mother, and she happens to be one of the most cunning women in Salem.  I can see why he won't talk to Victor but why won't he talk to his mother?  I think this worse than Claire becoming a fire-starting psychopath without any kind of intervention from her family.  

Yes, I forgot that after finding out Brady wasn't in his room the first thing Kristen said was "Are you with Chloe?"  I guess because she never actually worked when she was "working" she expects the same for him.  Apparently he isn't allowed any sort of a life away from her.

Not only is Kate cunning but she's also rich.  Are we actually supposed to believe that Phillip was stupid enough to lose millions?  That is the only explanation that would make any sense for this whole plot.

Edited by DaphneCat
Whole thoughts are good.
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, boes said:

Oh, they were, and poor Abe was stuck with them.  Doug was his usual benign self and Julie was also her usual self.

She huffed and puffed, heaved and fluttered, sucking the air out of every scene and then blowing it back in with every twitch and twitter of her overacting and overbearing self all in another hysterical fit because, as she brayed, her "GRANDBABIES ARE MISSING"!! 

She acted like she's stuck her finger in a light socket.

But she didn't,  more's the pity.  

But we did get, this time from Abe,  the obligatory "Everybody LOVES you", Julie" speech.

Where's Gabi when you need her??

Especially liked when Julie called him Abraham! Poor Abe.

• LOL 3

I loved the Broe/Phloe triangle from almost 2 decades ago now, and I still love it. While watching the three in the hotel room, I saw three characters with decades of actual history that's been seen on the show. Each individual has a complex history with each individual, and they have a long history together. I used to watch soaps for that decades of history that constantly returned in character interactions. Sadly, these three were the only ones with that long history on today's show.

I found it odd that the show is just now getting into Broe's divorce.

The Elani kidnapping is so boring. I've shown more distress over a misplaced pen than they are over their missing children. It's odd that everyone seems to know about their missing kids: Sarah, Brady and the people in their lives by extension, yet Julie and Kristen, of all people, are the only ones who are genuinely broken up about it. When Kristen are two of your romantic leads biggest ally, you should know you've failed somewhere down the line. Does the show even remember Eli is a Horton and these are Horton children that are missing? I understand the show doesn't care about male Hortons, but you'll at least think that Jules would be treated like the future Horton Princess I'm sure she'll become.

Is Kristen Lani's only friend? Does Eli have any friends? These characters have been on the show for at least 3 or 4 years. Why are they still so isolated?

I actually like Julie, but the show should realize that the actress cannot do demanding emotions. I don't know how the actress was in her heyday - I assume she was better and more nuanced. However, today, she's only good when she's over-the-top and railing against someone she's against. Seeing her fret over her missing great grandchildren while her husband of how many decades seems to not give a damn is just oddly inconsistent. Abe also seems to have little investment in these missing children.

I found it hilarious how Maggie's biggest concern about hearing that Philip has the mob after him is her own safety. They know you live here! What about me!? What if a bullet hit my seeming cans and cans of hairspray?

Kate vs Ava could actually be great. Sad that they are seemingly leaving Kate out of this story.

I wish this show had a little more energy. Everyone's reactions to everything just feel undercooked.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

One of my first “ships” was Broe. And I liked the drama of Phloe.  But this story is dumb AF. Your dad is a billionaire, your step mom just said one of the infinity figurines in her family room are all priceless, your other mom had bajillion divorces from richies and former CEO savings but you can’t pay off mob a million? Bitch please. 

I don’t like Julie but I do like Doug. He had some really awesome scenes last year.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Today's show had some moments 🙂 Crazy Kristen and her hare-brain scheme to take her brother hostage!  Chloe & Philip being hysterical over Brady: I wanted to know why they didnt call 911 right away!  I liked Sarah's passion in talking to Philip, but Why is she wearing High Heel Booties to the Hospital?!  Didnt Rafe eat a Poison Cupcake from Jordan last year on his birthday? He should stay away from Cupcakes 🙂 I do like Nicole & Rafe as Friends, they seem fun together.

• Love 9

I wonder how Kristin will react when she finds out that her buddy Ava was responsible for Brady being shot (albeit in a slightly roundabout way). (Ava is a mother, so Lani will let it slide from a prosecution standpoint.)

Gabi's desperation is so over the top, even for Gabi. I've said it before, but Gabi is hanging on to one night of sex and confusing it for some lifetime of love bull.

I don't hate Nicole and Rafe? 

• Love 7

@BuckeyeLou beat me to the cupcake line 😂 although they never showed Rafe eating it so maybe he is smarter then we think. 

ok 

phillip ran down the stairs after shooter but never unbuttoned his jacket or broke a sweat.  Not believable.   Maybe you are the guilty one Phillip and you run funny (so do I so I can say it ).  

Sara you really talk to much.  Not a very good secret keeper and blabbing to Nicole not very smart.  Please Sara show us quirky girls can be smart too. 

• Love 3

Rafe pushing Gabi at Jake is ... interesting.

Brady has an interesting phone message.

Why does Tony run around in secret agent attire?

Sarah is Brady's step-aunt, she shouldn't be treating him. She should also have pointed out that Philp was never competition for her with Xander.

There is only one guard in the whole prison, I guess.  One would have thought that they would have improved security after Ciara managed to storm the place.

11 minutes ago, tribeca said:

phillip ran down the stairs after shooter but never unbuttoned his jacket or broke a sweat.  Not believable.   Maybe you are the guilty one Phillip and you run funny (so do I so I can say it ).  

Not to mention that he did it on one leg.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Out of everything that happened today my biggest take-away was...OMG, they got a new set! Holy cow Rafe has a kitchen! 😁 Did he buy a new house or has that kitchen w/back door been hiding in his apartment all along???

19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Sarah seemed awfully dressed up to go to work. Surely she would have trousers or scrubs on and not a fancy dress. She was only seeing Julie. Doug looked handsome.

While I've seen real-life doctors in white lab coats over nice clothing seeing patients before, so Sara just making rounds wouldn't be out of the ordinary, but at the point she emerged from "removing the bullet" it was ridiculous that she hadn't changed into scrubs. 

18 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

On another topic.  Isn't Victor supposed to have gobs and gobs of money?  The idea that Phillip would have to launder mob because of a debt was stupid enough to begin with, but the idea that Maggie would let this go without simply forcing Victor to pay off his debt is beyond ludicrous.  She'd simply deal with it.

And why is everyone so afraid to tell Victor? Your average dad, I get; but Victor was the Greek mob in Salem for years. Or at the very least he dabbled in that kind of activity. Meanwhile, Mama Kate has married into the Italian mob aka The Dimeras at least twice. These are not parents who should bat an eye at their son's mob indiscretions. They would probably just break out the checkbook. 

3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Today's show had some moments 🙂 Crazy Kristen and her hare-brain scheme to take her brother hostage!  Chloe & Philip being hysterical over Brady: I wanted to know why they didnt call 911 right away!  I liked Sarah's passion in talking to Philip, but Why is she wearing High Heel Booties to the Hospital?!  Didnt Rafe eat a Poison Cupcake from Jordan last year on his birthday? He should stay away from Cupcakes 🙂 

THIS! She didn't even have to hang up on Kristin to do it. She could have just used her own phone!  And when Philip said, “I’ll go try to find the shooter!” I had to wonder was he also armed? What good was running after a mobster with a gun going to do other than possibility get Philip shot? He was the target anyways.  I was thinking of giving Philip the Dumbest Line of the Day award but then he redeemed himself by pointing out to Sarah, “That idiot boyfriend of yours had to mess around in something he didn’t know anything about. This is all his fault.”  It still bugs me that Zander has never paid any legal consequences for the baby switch so he'd better catch some kind of fall-out in this mess from....Kristin....Victor....John....I don't care who as long as it's someone who puts Zander in his place and gives him a wake-up call. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Out of everything that happened today my biggest take-away was...OMG, they got a new set! Holy cow Rafe has a kitchen! 😁 Did he buy a new house or has that kitchen w/back door been hiding in his apartment all along???

He definitely had a kitchen set before. As someone mentioned, it's where he ate Jordan's poisoned cupcake. I didn't pay enough attention to notice if they changed the look of it/I have literally no recollection of what it used to look like though.

It was hard for me to watch anything after Rafe blew out that candle directly into Gabi's face. These motherfuckers seem like they're purposefully being assholes about covid at this point.

I continue to love everything about Phillip and his strangeness.

I fast forwarded pretty much everything today so.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

It was hard for me to watch anything after Rafe blew out that candle directly into Gabi's face. These motherfuckers seem like they're purposefully being assholes about covid at this point.

Good point! They do seem to flaunt deadly respiratory virus common sense.  Though I must admit, at the time, I was too busy craving a cupcake to pick up on it. Someone should tell them that it's also impolite to show real tasty treats if you don't have enough to share with the audience. 😁 I had to go have a piece of cake after the show was over. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I loved the Broe/Phloe triangle from almost 2 decades ago now, and I still love it. While watching the three in the hotel room, I saw three characters with decades of actual history that's been seen on the show. Each individual has a complex history with each individual, and they have a long history together. I used to watch soaps for that decades of history that constantly returned in character interactions. Sadly, these three were the only ones with that long history on today's show.

The show missed an opportunity by not having Brady and Chloe reconnect with Chloe sharing a son with Philip.  It was stupid to retcon Parker's paternity and make him Daniel's when he should have remained Philip's.   Can you imagine the drama that would arise with Philip coming back with Broe remarried and expecting their own child.  Brady did not need to have children with Theresa and that horrid Kristen. I love Chloe with both men and the complicated histories between all three could have driven stories for all of them for years under great writers with imagination..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

I don't see the point in giving Brady children when neither of them added anything to the character for a while it seemed like Tate did until they shipped him off to Theresa. Rachel is even more worthless.

I mean I rather see Eric be a parent over Brady. I mean an Eric/Nicole baby would've gotten years of story because Sami would have to be connected to Nicole forever.... plus the family oriented stories suit him more than Brady tbh.

Daniel was even more worthless as he's gone and they didn't add anything to him either. If SC had been Mike Horton instead I would've felt differently.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4

Philip reminded me of the Hunchback of Salem today.  I don't if he was trying to make himself shorter or what.

Brady is bleeding on the hotel carpet and Kristen is mad that Chloe hung up on her?

What kind of stupid thing did she do to use Tony as a means to escape? She could sit in her cell for someone she likes to call her and give an update. All she is doing is adding jail time.

Gabi probably bought the cupcakes. She'd need a full apron to cover her sheer dress so that none of the icing or anything would end up on it. Couldn't Rafe take the candle out of it before having a bite?

Nicole, let the Salem PD do their job regarding Charlie. Asking Rafe why nothing has been done is not your business. There is procedure. Wonder if she is taking him out for lunch to the Brady Pub.

Sarah, your boots didn't really go with that dress.

Ava, there is no need for you to know about Cousin Angelo and the hit he placed on Philip. Keep the innocent part going for a while.

Jake, it looks like you are trying to convince yourself to be with Kate and still exploring a possible future with Gabi.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Philip reminded me of the Hunchback of Salem today.  I don't if he was trying to make himself shorter or what.

Brady is bleeding on the hotel carpet and Kristen is mad that Chloe hung up on her?

What kind of stupid thing did she do to use Tony as a means to escape? She could sit in her cell for someone she likes to call her and give an update. All she is doing is adding jail time.

Gabi probably bought the cupcakes. She'd need a full apron to cover her sheer dress so that none of the icing or anything would end up on it. Couldn't Rafe take the candle out of it before having a bite?

Nicole, let the Salem PD do their job regarding Charlie. Asking Rafe why nothing has been done is not your business. There is procedure. Wonder if she is taking him out for lunch to the Brady Pub.

Sarah, your boots didn't really go with that dress.

Ava, there is no need for you to know about Cousin Angelo and the hit he placed on Philip. Keep the innocent part going for a while.

Jake, it looks like you are trying to convince yourself to be with Kate and still exploring a possible future with Gabi.

Yes, Kristen hears a shot and when Chloe talks to her on the phone her first thought is that Brady was somehow lying.  "He really WAS with her."  And if someone told me they needed to hang up so they could call an ambulance, I'D LET THEM HANG UP!!!  I wouldn't be screeching at them to not dare hang up.

Nicole (and Rafe) seem to both be forgetting the little fact that they don't have jurisdiction over Charlie for what he did to Allie any more than they did Tripp.  You can't prosecute him in the United States for a crime committed in England.

Doesn't Gabi still own the mansion?  When Kate was telling her to leave and Jake kept telling her to go home, I kept waiting for her to say, "But, I AM home.  I own this place, remember?"  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Rafe and the Salem PD can only charge Charlie with kidnapping Ava. If she decides to press charges.

He can send the dossier over to New Scotland Yard, but they aren't likely to pursue Charlie more than Tripp. Neither are UK citizens and it is a he-said, she-said case. All it gives is a bit of honesty as to who really assaulted her and closure to Allie.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I had to chuckle at Nicole saying she would hate for anyone to get hurt, as she was just threatening to kill Charlie a week or so ago.  Double standards, I guess.  

For as much as I think people should just keep their hands to themselves, I cheered a little inside when Tony grabbed Kristin and tried to shake some sense into her.  I guess I'm prone to double standards, too.  

Poor Kristin.  Her total lack of impulse control wins every time!  It's hilarious that Brady is going to be fine and she pulled such an idiotic stunt.   

At least Nadia Bjorlin was able to shed some realistic tears when she was at the hospital after Brady had been shot.  JKJ still looked annoyed the barista got his coffee order wrong.  

I liked Ava being a vulnerable friend when Nicole went to see her, and a snarky bitch when Philip showed up to wave his stupidity in her face.  

Gabi is coming on way too strong.  Before they gave Camila Banus her break from the show, I thought she was playing most of her scenes with an Over-Caffeinated Bravado, and maybe that was intended to be Gabi's way of dealing with Stefan's death, but it's mostly annoying after having such a long break from Gabi.  

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Good point! They do seem to flaunt deadly respiratory virus common sense.  Though I must admit, at the time, I was too busy craving a cupcake to pick up on it. Someone should tell them that it's also impolite to show real tasty treats if you don't have enough to share with the audience. 😁 I had to go have a piece of cake after the show was over. 

I feel ya there!

8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Gabi is coming on way too strong.  Before they gave Camila Banus her break from the show, I thought she was playing most of her scenes with an Over-Caffeinated Bravado, and maybe that was intended to be Gabi's way of dealing with Stefan's death, but it's mostly annoying after having such a long break from Gabi.  

Yea, I'm pretty much over Gabi at this point. This plus the fact that CB just seems like an idiot has really dampened the affection I had for Gabi.

• Love 7

Rafe's kitchen/living room in no way looks like something Rafe would decorate. It doesn't really seem like Gabi's style either. I spent a lot of the episode trying to figure out who would decorate Rafe's house for him. Were the finger paintings in the background supposed to be Arianna Grace's paintings?

I'm actually kinda shocked Rafe and Gabi had a scene together. I've never considered those two particularly close, and I've been watching since Gabi was introduced with the original actress. Speaking of Gabi, I really hate the way the character has developed the last few years because it really does not work to the actress' strengths. I preferred Gabi when she was a genuinely good person who found herself in over her head and constantly make horrific decisions to cover up some scheme gone awry until it finally blew up in her face. Villainous Gabi is overacted, not particularly bright, and not particularly likeable. I also can't get into Jake/Gabi. Gabi/Nick should have been written as the supercouple they were meant to be.

Rafe said that Jake isn't Kate's type. Ummmm...Victor, Stephano, John, Roman, Rafe, Dr. Dan, Andre, and those are just the men I can think of off the top of my head. Kate's type is any man on the show she's not blood related to. Why is Rafe acting like a May/December romance is shocking for Kate when she was sleeping with him and I assume he's supposed to be around Austin's age.

Why would Ava give Nicole permission to see her medical records? I have closely related family members I wouldn't give that privilege to, but Ava's giving it to someone she hasn't had a significant relationship with in more than a decade. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Ava and Nicole just casual drinking buddies a decade ago. Why is the show acting like they had some grand Hope/Jen friendship that spanned decades, multiple marriages, deaths, back from the deads, children, etc. I mainly remember them getting drunk at the Brady Pub, and wasn't Ava sleeping with RoboJohn around that time.

When the guard said to Kristen that she wouldn't shoot her own brother, I thought that's also her ex-husband and maybe she's still bitter about the divorce. Granted, the Tony/Andre history is highly confusing to me, so maybe it was retconned that she was married to Andre - what we saw on screen be damned. 

I laughed at how Chloe decided to have a quick conversation as Brady was slowly bleeding to death. I also loved how Kristen wanted a play by play of where Brady was, why Chloe was there, was that a gunshot, where is Rachel, who shot J.R., and has Hoffa been found. Granted, these are all excellent questions, but maybe it's best to let Chloe call an ambulance first and then get you your answers. I did like the old school soap setup of Brady wanting to protect Chloe only to be shot himself. If Chloe survives this, this would be her second time surviving the mob. At this point, Chloe should be protecting Brady and Philip. I wonder if Nicole will be integrated into this story. Today's episode seemed to imply it but I'll call foul if they in anyway have her side with Ava over Chloe and Brady.

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Why would Ava give Nicole permission to see her medical records? I have closely related family members I wouldn't give that privilege to, but Ava's giving it to someone she hasn't had a significant relationship with in more than a decade.

Maybe someone's actually listening to our criticism about how doctors on this show simply go around blabbing about people's medical conditions with absolutely no regard for privacy laws.   Even a lame "Ava said it's ok to tell me what's going on" makes a limp point that the doctors aren't simply going around gossiping about everybody (even though, of course they are.)  Now if they could just get the police to stop telling everyone every detail about all their ongoing investigations....

• Love 6
12 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, Kristen hears a shot and when Chloe talks to her on the phone her first thought is that Brady was somehow lying.  "He really WAS with her."  And if someone told me they needed to hang up so they could call an ambulance, I'D LET THEM HANG UP!!!  I wouldn't be screeching at them to not dare hang up.

And instead of trying to call Brady back, maybe Kristin should have called 911 too. Can you do that from prison? 

Dispatcher: "911, what's your emergency?"

Prison Operator: "Will you accept a call from the Statesville Penitentiary from Kristin Dimera?"

Dispatcher: "Um, okay?"

Doesn't Gabi still own the mansion?  When Kate was telling her to leave and Jake kept telling her to go home, I kept waiting for her to say, "But, I AM home.  I own this place, remember?"  

Yeah, I wondered that too. How did leaving town for a few months negate her rights to the property? 

49 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Rafe's kitchen/living room in no way looks like something Rafe would decorate. It doesn't really seem like Gabi's style either. I spent a lot of the episode trying to figure out who would decorate Rafe's house for him. Were the finger paintings in the background supposed to be Arianna Grace's paintings?

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of it because I was too busy trying to figure out how that kitchen lined up with the shot of Rafe's living room we've seen in the past. Though I did wonder if that back door was the one Orpheus left himself in through the time Rafe found him sitting in his living room uninvited. 

Why would Ava give Nicole permission to see her medical records? I have closely related family members I wouldn't give that privilege to, but Ava's giving it to someone she hasn't had a significant relationship with in more than a decade. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Ava and Nicole just casual drinking buddies a decade ago. Why is the show acting like they had some grand Hope/Jen friendship that spanned decades, multiple marriages, deaths, back from the deads, children, etc. I mainly remember them getting drunk at the Brady Pub, and wasn't Ava sleeping with RoboJohn around that time.

Very true.  I would have expected her to give permission to Patch (given her attachment to him), Tripp, and Angelo.  But it sounds like she might have just listed her Christmas card list on the HIPPA form.

When the guard said to Kristen that she wouldn't shoot her own brother, I thought that's also her ex-husband and maybe she's still bitter about the divorce. Granted, the Tony/Andre history is highly confusing to me, so maybe it was retconned that she was married to Andre - what we saw on screen be damned. 

This! I was pondering that mess too yesterday.  I think it turned out that Tony was really Andre after the whole suicide/murder framing in Aremid (I still chuckle when I think about that town), but I can't remember if it was Andre all along or she really married Tony who was swapped out by Andre at some point? And how did Andre survive that? Dr. Rolf I suppose or the Aremid coroner is on Dimera payroll? 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Kristin is beyond creepy with Brady. Are we meant to see this as a healthy relationship??

I thought she was playing her scenes with this psychotic madness that's actually terrifying to watch--she is completely unhinged but we're still supposed to think she's changed?

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
Just now, kitmerlot1213 said:

I thought she was playing her scenes with this psychotic madness that's actually terrifying to watch--she is completely unhinged but we're still supposed to think she's changed?

I'm confused what the show wants us to think here... that she and Brady are true love or that she is a psycho and he needs to be with Chloe. No prizes to guess where I'm going with it. John is Team Chloe too lol. And no police pursuing her? She just waltzes around the hospital with a gun in her hands and all hugs from Tony who she just threatened? I hope her jail time is doubled. 

• Love 8

I was listening to something for work so I just had the picture on without the sound.  I figured I could figure out what was going on even though the closed captioning was turned off.  It's not like the stories are must see for me this week. 

I couldn't figure out why everyone was hugging Kristen.  Marlena?  Tony?  Are we supposed to feel bad for her? 

• LOL 3
4 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I was listening to something for work so I just had the picture on without the sound.  I figured I could figure out what was going on even though the closed captioning was turned off.  It's not like the stories are must see for me this week. 

I couldn't figure out why everyone was hugging Kristen.  Marlena?  Tony?  Are we supposed to feel bad for her? 

I guess she is such a brave little thing for enduring jail for a crime she committed? I just saw  psychotic bitch threatening Chloe's life (twice, once with the gun and then again as she left the hospital). She needs to go away forever. So over her. Loved Tony at the end downing Anna's drink. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 1/26/2021 at 11:25 AM, Petunia13 said:

One of my first “ships” was Broe. And I liked the drama of Phloe.  But this story is dumb AF. Your dad is a billionaire, your step mom just said one of the infinity figurines in her family room are all priceless, your other mom had bajillion divorces from richies and former CEO savings but you can’t pay off mob a million? Bitch please. 

Exactly. And I thought it was dumb that Allie was acting like some penniless gal trying to give her baby away because she just had no other choice, when 6/7ths of her family are loaded and all had live-in nannies growing up so Mom and Dad could attend galas on the regular and have multiple affairs and run billion dollar businesses. Come on, show. Allie is, right this moment, both raising her child and never spending any time with him. Clearly, she was in no danger of giving up her freedom and youth to take care of a baby she didn't want. She kept him and tada! is still free as a bird. Amazing.

Money should be solving all Philip's problems...how much exactly does he owe them? 34 billion? Don't tell me Kate and Victor have no resources to solve this.

And when was Philip ever a gambler, anyway?

20 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

He definitely had a kitchen set before. As someone mentioned, it's where he ate Jordan's poisoned cupcake. I didn't pay enough attention to notice if they changed the look of it/I have literally no recollection of what it used to look like though.

It used to have a door to a back room,  presumably the bedroom. Now it looks like there's just a wall, strangely.

On 1/26/2021 at 10:36 AM, 4evaQuez said:

Is Kristen Lani's only friend? Does Eli have any friends? These characters have been on the show for at least 3 or 4 years. Why are they still so isolated?

Great question. No answer. I'm still confused as to why Kate has no role in Phillip's story.

19 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't see the point in giving Brady children when neither of them added anything to the character for a while it seemed like Tate did until they shipped him off to Theresa. Rachel is even more worthless.

There's been a lot of turnover with the writers so sadly, its always one step forward, five steps back. I'm super glad Tate and Theresa are OOT because they do not deserve to be exposed to Brady's self destructive lifestyle. Guys: he brought Kristen into John and Marlena's livingroom for Mother's Day!!! I still can't believe he did that. He is messed in the head. For real. No kids should be around him.

13 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Yup. The character really needs a cooling down period. After trying to marry Eli and kill Julie, it's been hard to enjoy her. Too much nuttiness and vamping. I especially hate her turning against Kate over this dumb bozo....

22 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I've said it before, but Gabi is hanging on to one night of sex and confusing it for some lifetime of love bull.

...and this is why.

22 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I don't hate Nicole and Rafe? 

Look, Nicole is always fun her friends-but-maybe-there's-some-chemistry-between-us? mode. She was like this with both Brady and Eric in 2013. It worked great, mostly because  AZ gets more lighthearted material. She gets to quip and smile and laugh. When they weigh her down with DRAMA! and HEARTBREAK! is where it gets boring.

I promise, you'll be hating Rafe and Nicole soon enough.

The longer Eric is away, the more I'm dreading the explanation they'll whip up for him spending a year (or more?) away from his new wife and daughter. Will he "die"? Get captured, Bo-style? Or is Africa - all of it, the whole continent, not some country in particular, of course - really incapable of functioning without him?

• Love 8

Ditto on Tony and Anna’s scene with the drink at the end. That was great. Loved TP’s expression.

“He was in this slut’s room!” says the woman who has slept with both dad and son, while talking to ex-lover dad.  And then later when Kristin spun the Trope is Right wheel, tossing out paralysis and amnesia as possible clichés the writers might go down next she forgot to mention the option of him dying with a revival via Rolf’s magical undead serum. Wonder if she has any left from what she used on EJ?

I can’t believe I’m suggesting this, but hey maybe it will give him something useful to do—Ben should apply for a security job at the hospital. Background checks you say? I’m sure they’re expendable at University Hospital like the HIPPA forms. He has experience working security for Stefan, and the hospital is a PR nightmare right now. Two stolen babies and an armed escaped convict can’t be good for their reputation, though it might be lucrative for the newspaper business right now. Both are more exciting of a headline than “Dimera CEA Steps Down After Sex With Nanny.” “Hospital Hires Reformed Necktie Killer for Security Chief” might sell even more copies.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Exactly. And I thought it was dumb that Allie was acting like some penniless gal trying to give her baby away because she just had no other choice, when 6/7ths of her family are loaded and all had live-in nannies growing up so Mom and Dad could attend galas on the regular and have multiple affairs and run billion dollar businesses. Come on, show. Allie is, right this moment, both raising her child and never spending any time with him. Clearly, she was in no danger of giving up her freedom and youth to take care of a baby she didn't want. She kept him and tada! is still free as a bird. Amazing.

Money should be solving all Philip's problems...how much exactly does he owe them? 34 billion? Don't tell me Kate and Victor have no resources to solve this.

And when was Philip ever a gambler, anyway?

It used to have a door to a back room,  presumably the bedroom. Now it looks like there's just a wall, strangely.

Great question. No answer. I'm still confused as to why Kate has no role in Phillip's story.

There's been a lot of turnover with the writers so sadly, its always one step forward, five steps back. I'm super glad Tate and Theresa are OOT because they do not deserve to be exposed to Brady's self destructive lifestyle. Guys: he brought Kristen into John and Marlena's livingroom for Mother's Day!!! I still can't believe he did that. He is messed in the head. For real. No kids should be around him.

Yup. The character really needs a cooling down period. After trying to marry Eli and kill Julie, it's been hard to enjoy her. Too much nuttiness and vamping. I especially hate her turning against Kate over this dumb bozo....

...and this is why.

Look, Nicole is always fun her friends-but-maybe-there's-some-chemistry-between-us? mode. She was like this with both Brady and Eric in 2013. It worked great, mostly because  AZ gets more lighthearted material. She gets to quip and smile and laugh. When they weigh her down with DRAMA! and HEARTBREAK! is where it gets boring.

I promise, you'll be hating Rafe and Nicole soon enough.

The longer Eric is away, the more I'm dreading the explanation they'll whip up for him spending a year (or more?) away from his new wife and daughter. Will he "die"? Get captured, Bo-style? Or is Africa - all of it, the whole continent, not some country in particular, of course - really incapable of functioning without him?

I want to agree with everything you said 1,000 times.

Phillip got in trouble with the mob while he was still in high school, so this is one time they're actually using history.  But couldn't they have had him do something else to piss off someone in the mob (rather than a gambling debt)?  Nothing about him owing money makes sense.  And Kate has no role in Phillip's story because she is with Jake.  Don't you know women on this show can only be involved in other people's stories if they are single?  Women are just incapable of both!

Yup.  Brady just told Kristen a few days ago that she and Rachel were his life.  No mention of that other pesky child, who apparently was the most important thing in his life just a few years ago.  I guess he's forgotten now.

Nicole COULD be a good character.  They could show her running her business, having friends, and generally having a life.  Yes, she could be missing Eric, but unless she's with a man, they don't know what to do with her.

And you are correct.  The entire continent of Africa needs the great white hope - Eric.

Edited by DaphneCat
Spelling
  • Love 2

If I were Chloe, I'd roll those big doe eyes right at Kristin, and say, "Sure, Jan." Of course the security guard escorting Kristin out of the hospital didn't hear her threat to Chloe whatsoever, what with all the selective hearing Salemites have.

And Marlena comforting Kristin? Look, I get the concept of forgiveness, but they're written like they're besties now.

Thao's scene with the drink after Anna asked about his day was perfection.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Kristin is beyond creepy with Brady. Are we meant to see this as a healthy relationship??

This relationship would be a lot more watchable if they showed that Brady is suffering from some level of Stockholm Syndrome and Jarlena are pretending to be nice to Kristen to secretly get him out of this toxic relationship.

However that would be too interesting to write for this show so..

8 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I'm actually kinda shocked Rafe and Gabi had a scene together. I've never considered those two particularly close, and I've been watching since Gabi was introduced with the original actress. Speaking of Gabi, I really hate the way the character has developed the last few years because it really does not work to the actress' strengths. I preferred Gabi when she was a genuinely good person who found herself in over her head and constantly make horrific decisions to cover up some scheme gone awry until it finally blew up in her face. Villainous Gabi is overacted, not particularly bright, and not particularly likeable. I also can't get into Jake/Gabi. Gabi/Nick should have been written as the supercouple they were meant to be.

Well I think their closeness is by default since Arianna and Dario aren't around plus they always seem to have each other etc. I also liked Nick/Gabi together that was my fave pairing of hers. I think her best chemistry is with BB(Stefan/Jake) though. I also liked JJ/Gabi at one point although I can't picture them together now as JJ has been completely neutered and Gabi lacks any of the humanity she once had with him.

• Love 3

Isn’t the house Rafe is staying in his moms.   Just like Belle.  Parents just give away houses.  I need to call my mom and dad.  

jmo 

Brady lied about being in Chloes room because he does secretly love her.  Kristin is jealous and crazy but she ain’t stupid.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I am actually very happy that psycho Kristen broke out of jail and threatened to kill multiple people. I was recently worried that she was somehow going to get out of jail early. So this ends that.

jurassic park wow GIF by Spotify

• LOL 6