Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I don't blame Teresa for leaving rather than listen to Kathy drone on about her.   At this point,  what does she have to lose?  I would have walked away too - truthfully, I don't know that I would have even shown up.  She had to figure it was going to be all about her, and she is clearly strained.  Yes, it's in her contract I'm sure, but what's Bravo going to do?  Sue her?  Good luck.

On the one hand, Teresa wants the show to be all about her and wants to be the star. I think she pictures herself as some kind of Carol Burnett, and everyone else is a supporting player. On the other hand, Teresa doesn't like it when the focus on her turns negative. Then she freaks out and acts like she's above it all. She wants Andy to continue paying her, but she wants to control what he airs and says and asks. It doesn't work that way unless you negotiated creative control in the beginning, like the Duggar family did.  

Teresa should have never signed up for another season. It was tacky to do it after she found out how much trouble she was in. But she's greedy and not very bright.

• Love 9

Just looked at some of the cast tweets from last night.

Dina tweeted to Kathy that she was unfollowing her so she wouldn't have to see all the negative tweets Kathy was faving. She also tweeted that the stuff abt her wanting Chris to leave Jac is not true (what Caroline said).

"@bravo_rhony @CarolineManzo not true~I'd be quiet now my "sister"Don't go there or I won't be so quiet. I would text u but I don't have ur #"

Kathy tweeted something back to Dina and Kathy also tweeted that she invited the entire RHONJ cast to her book launch and none of them came.  

That surprised me. Not even their close pals the Gorgas?   I guess if it wasn't being filmed....

• Love 7

We do disagree.  Teresa didn't get sentenced to prison for not being able to pay her debts.  You know the system and that is a gross misrepresentation of why she was convicted and sentenced to prison.   She was sent to prison for fraud and lying.  Huge difference.  She could have honestly filed bankruptcy and honestly declared her earnings and contracts and been required to pay back or surrender her ill-gotten gain to pay a small portion of the debts she owed.  No one forced her to lie or conceal assets.

I do agree-I don't think Teresa will change and fortunately for her she is sentenced to a determinate sentence -not until she sees the errors of her ways.  People change everyday-sometimes it does not take imprisonment but it does take a willingness.

I'm tired of hearing about it. Teresa is never going to break down and beg for forgiveness. It's not in her nature. So, Bravo, let's move on.

• Love 4

Just looked at some of the cast tweets from last night.

Dina tweeted to Kathy that she was unfollowing her so she wouldn't have to see all the negative tweets Kathy was faving. She also tweeted that the stuff abt her wanting Chris to leave Jac is not true (what Caroline said).

"@bravo_rhony @CarolineManzo not true~I'd be quiet now my "sister"Don't go there or I won't be so quiet. I would text u but I don't have ur #"

Kathy tweeted something back to Dina and Kathy also tweeted that she invited the entire RHONJ cast to her book launch and none of them came.

That surprised me. Not even their close pals the Gorgas? I guess if it wasn't being filmed....

Kathy is so pathetically desperate that now it's getting comical. She gets an A for effort I guess.

• Love 9

Well, this reunion was pretty much like the season in its entirety - - boring as fuck. 

The twins annoy me.  Dina annoys me (let Teresa speak for herself).  Melissa, surprising, did not annoy me.  Teresa evaded (as usual).  Kathy, meh.  Rosie was the only interesting one. 

Thank God Vanderpump Rules comes back on tonight.

• Love 1

As much as I thought Dina's outfit and hair was crazy pants, I do appreciate that she dresses in a way where her boobs and ass aren't hanging out all over the stage. I am so sick of seeing boobs pouring out of what can be considered slutty prom dresses that the howives tend to favor for reunion shows. And I'm not just talking about this reunion, I mean all reunions. Dina's style is not mine, but I actually think she has her own style and I am not treated to a peep show. 

• Love 3

Dina's necklace or neck piece and hair do or what ever that was, it was not one of her better looks. Say what you want about her faux zen approach to life but she is really pretty.

What was that dress twin 2 was wearing, looked like she was at a toga party before she got to the reunion.

Tre's dress was beautiful.  She cracked me up with her bathroom muttering about finding a penny.

Truthfully, I could click like for every post on this site, thanks to all who keep me laughing!

• Love 3

Melissa's dress did not look good on TV.  She looked like she was wearing a white robe. Kinda symbolic of the whole season for the viewers.  Naptime. 

Dina?  WTF was that mess?  I think she was going for some type of Roman goddess look, maybe? It was a fail. And I really don't care about her feud with Caroline or Jac.  I find it boring and endless. Din'a comment about Nick and not being able to heal him, him not understanding etc was so poorly worded.  I truly hope that she confounded her words because that came off as very unkind. 

The twin in the white dress. She looked like she was at the beach, was doing it all day under the boardwalk, realized she was late for the reunion and threw on her beach robe, stuck her greasy hair up in a scrunchie and showed up at the reunion.

And was it just me or did those cement boobs look bigger than usual? And when asked she said they were making milk.  What a dumb answer. 

Teresa looked like she was having panic attacks and waves of anxiety, one after the other.  At some points I thought she looked a little sedated too. That was a mess. 

Kathy's make up and hair was very poorly done.  

Amber and the other twin (Nicole) didn't contribute too much but maybe we will hear from them in the further segments. 

• Love 5

I haven't watched the Reunion yet (can't wait to!) but in reading what Caroline said on WWHL, it sounds like she explained why the rift between the siblings grew and why peace can't be found. But did anyone address what caused the initial rift? Something about Jac betraying Dina?

• Love 1

Dina...Dina...Dina...the hair...the outfit...the accessories...you could kinda tell what she was going for...but it was just a Frankenstein of ideas thrown together...and in the end...she was nothing more than a blond bride of Frankenstein...if horror has a name and appearance it was Dina last night...

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 7

If you missed Caroline on WWHL, here's what she had to say about Dina:

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/season-11/videos/caroline-to-dina-grow-up?cid=showmain_latest_ep

Dina, who claims to not watch TV, tweeted during the show says that she does spend holidays with the family, just not that 'click'.  I don't think she was trying to be clever when she typed 'click'.  She just doesn't realize that the word is 'clique'.  She also claimed she didn't see Nick at the wedding.  I don't buy it...but then again she is totally absorbed with herself.  She's now ready to reconcile with her family members and she's so hurt that they're not standing there with their arms open.

• Love 4

The twin in the white looked like she had two bowling balls strapped to her chest.  For a person who's big interest in Tre's court case is what she's wearing, she should look in a mirror and check out her own wardrobe choices.  

Twin in white was TerESA. Her bust size is more ludicrous than the proportions on a Barbie doll. It looked like she had stuffed two helium balloons under that dress which were rising to the surface and trying to escape.

I think the issue has resolved itself.  This taping is nearly a month old.  Teresa has stayed out of the public eye and interviews since early last month.  Apparently, what Teresa did understand through this process is if you don't want to be asked about your legal situation - don't do interviews.  For the time being it is what is topical about Teresa and much like the table flip will always be a part of Teresa Giudice RHONJ. 

Perhaps that is part of the reason why Teresa the felon was so incensed by her aunt and cousins when they discussing the Guidices legal woes. In her warped mind those topics are off limits for on discussion on camera because she supplements her Bravo income by regularly selling exclusives to the tabloids. Not only was her extended family placing culpability on Teresa but they may have also diminished the chances (or limited the potential earnings) the rags would pay for the bunk Teresa feeds them. 

• Love 5

Something about Jac betraying Dina?

Dina found the book about Danielle and spread it around. Caroline to protect Dina, took the fall for exposing the book.  Jac didn't want to cover up for Dina. 

Dina has always been an ass.  From her stupid wedding show to her false sense of zen. Idiot. 

• Love 9

Dina found the book about Danielle and spread it around. Caroline to protect Dina, took the fall for exposing the book.  Jac didn't want to cover up for Dina. 

That sums up the seeds of discord pretty succinctly. It also illustrates why Dina and Teresa can be such good friends; both refuse to accept culpability in their misdeeds (and crimes in the felon's case), perhaps stemming from a deluded sense of self.

• Love 6

Dina has always been an ass.  From her stupid wedding show to her false sense of zen. Idiot.

So true.  A sincere spiritual person would not be appearing on reality tv program.  She's as materialistic and trashy as the rest of them.

• Love 4

This is the worst of all the shows. Well, maybe Miami is worse but I don't watch it. It's not entertaining at all. There is no wit or pithiness from any of them. They are all too stupid. That's pretty boring.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 3

So true.  A sincere spiritual person would not be appearing on reality tv program.  She's as materialistic and trashy as the rest of them.

What Dina and Teresa thinks makes for good TV just does not.  Ignoring the elephants in the room-Dina's discord with family and Teresa's legal issues were a ludicrous undertaking.  Contrary to what Dina says she is a "cut a bitch" type.  Sometime the bitch just happens to be a man.  Watch out Jim Marchese.

Dina is looking for a job and it was interesting to me that after five years she would expect Caroline to join her in a cooking show.  I wish they would have shown Teresa's face when Dina said that-ouch.  I can only imagine a cooking show that is gluten and dairy free and vegetarian.  Talk about NOT appealing to the masses.  I realize there are a lot of people with these dietary issues but even main stream cooking shows have a difficult time staying on Food Network.  Now it is all about competitions.

Both families need to realize for all of them to survive and thrive in the reality TV market they need to suck it up and get along-or at least film with each other.

• Love 2

Wasn't Ashlee "working" as a make up person for the reunion? I mean sure, I'm convinced Jac sent her there to be a spy instead of showing up like an adult; does this make it 2 Reunions she's bailed on or could this one have really been optional since she wasn't an official cast member? Given the supposed "Kathy/Jac friendship", I'm assuming Ash was there to do Kathy's and if that's the case Kathy should never speak to them again. She looked bad. They all looked bad, in varying degrees, but the hair and make up on Kathy I thought was especially bad. Melissa looked the best, but that's not saying much and her constant BitchFace was seriously off putting (I noticed one again she couldn't laugh at the hair dye-gate being brought up, even though Joe Gorga himself has always been a good sport about getting caught, she's so humorless, I had kind of forgotten how much so this season because I've been busy hating Jim and being bored by the twins.)

Nicole looked good hanging at her house with Bobby reacting to Teresa's sentence, only 3 days prior. What a great example of Less Being More. Now I really am convinced there had to be a different make up team (or maybe Nicole even did it/had it done herself) that day.

Rosie looked the best out of all the girls. What's up with Joe Giudice? He looked good, and I saw a picture of him recently out with Tre and he looked good there, too, and lately he had been starting to look haggard.

I wish Andy had brought up how Dina's done 3 TV shows and signed on to a scripted soap opera webseries that never came to pass, after her "I don't watch TV." Maybe that's the key... I admittedly watch too much TV, yet I'd never sell my life to a network like these people have. I forgot to mention last night, I did like Teresa asking TereSSa if she had previously watched the show, then pointing out that it really didn't make sense if she really didn't watch before coming on as TereSSa tried to say she didn't. At this late into the series it completely illogical and unbelievable to sign on to something like this without having watched (sidenote: if this show goes on, they need to expand to people with different names, the Joe G's had been bad enough and we finally got rid of 2 Chris's only for Tere/SSa.)

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2

Just once maybe Teresa should apologize to the victims, viewers and co workers about her transgressions and the effects it had on her co-workers lives.  That just might be a way for it to end.

Teresa doesn't it want it to end.  She wants, needs the perks of being "her" - admitting fault, would possibly shatter the illusion her fans believe in.

Same with Dina, admitting her involvement with the book would mess with her zen, her Ladybug stuff, etc. 

I like Jaq, I like Caroline, I like Melissa - just a personal choice.  I can overlook the crazy tweets, the Don Caro mandates, and all the Melissa came on the show to ruin Teresa stuff.  Their appeal (for me)  is not based on scientific reasons, not on who's right and who's wrong, just personal. I can't even explain it - maybe because I can't stand Dina or Teresa - who knows? It's a friggin' tv show! I know they are real people, just let's face it - when you go on "reality" tv, the producers use what you give them.

If Teresa miraculously found enlightenment, if Dina made amends with her family - would that prolong their "buzz" - probably not.  Better to perpetuate the big lie.

• Love 4

I'm just sad that the crimes happened involving Teresa, and I hope her children will be alright. I personally think that just because someone deserves a consequence or punishment, doesn't mean it has to be happily doled out. I hate that all of it happened, and I hope neither Teresa or Joe get involved in anything bad again. I hope the situation changes their souls. It's just so disappointing prison had to happen to get them to stop.

• Love 2

Dina found the book about Danielle and spread it around. Caroline to protect Dina, took the fall for exposing the book.  Jac didn't want to cover up for Dina.

Oooh thank you! Wow, I get not being pleased your SIL sold you out like that (even though Jac was telling the truth) but that is such a petty thing to tear your whole family apart over.

Edited by racked
  • Love 2

It's so interesting (to me) how we each come away from watching this crap with so many different viewpoints. :)

IMO (likely shaded because I think Jac is truly nuts), she probably told Chris that she'd leave him if she wasn't included in a meeting with Dina, or in the heat of the original moment, Dina told Chris that she can't see him unless Jac's out of the picture.  Chris just looked beaten down in his scenes this season...

Family dynamics can be ugh!

• Love 4

The twin in the white looked like she had two bowling balls strapped to her chest.  For a person who's big interest in Tre's court case is what she's wearing, she should look in a mirror and check out her own wardrobe choices.

One whole season and I don't know which one is which either.  And sometimes I think Amber  is one of them. : )

• Love 1

The one I feel sorry for is Chris. I think he suffers daily, struggling with Nick and with that nut of a wife and his pain in the ass sisters and that mope of a freeloading asshat hanging around.

Whenever he's on camera he wears a "I can't believe this is my life" look on his face.

Mrs. Gudice thinks she is one special snowflake, doesn't she?  A convicted, admitted FELON, yet NO ONE is allowed to talk about it lest her little feelings get hurt.  Oh Tre, you are going to do so well  in the joint.

I m a member of the Family Feud club.  Haven't seen/spoken to family in 30 years for reasons I won't bore you with. Sometimes I feel bad for my kid that he has only one set of grandparents/cousins,  but that's the way things shake out.  I'm not gonna go all Dina and have mental funerals and wakes, life is way too short. Dina definitey does not need the QVC's poo pouri because we learned last night her shit definitely doesn't stink.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 3

I loved how Mrs. P's simply stated truth - that actions have consequences - cut right to Teresa's crooked bones, and set her lying ass on fire to the point of fleeing. So much for her being "so strong". She's a pathetic coward.

There aren't enough ways to count how full of shit Dina is. I'm sure she was just fine with her family not attending Lexi's party as long as they sent gifts. And, her hair was fucking stupid.

Melissa's reactions to all the bullshittery was pretty great. As was Rosie's makeup.

Thank God Vanderpump Rules comes back on tonight.

Amen!

Edited by jaync
  • Love 4

One of the big problems with this show, IMHO, is that ALL of the interesting, watch-worthy stuff happens outside of the cameras and in the media.  The things that might actually make this an interesting show to watch get played out on Twitter or in US Weekly and then when the cameras are rolling everyone clams up tighter than a virgin on her first date.   The cast is dancing around everyone's else's issues; they don't want to comment on anything for fear of not being asked back, but most viewers know (and if they don't they must be hella confused) that there is a shit ton of stuff happening that's not being shown.  With Teresa G in the mix of this show, all the light hearted silly stuff seems extremely frivolous and any scene dealing with the serious stuff is filled with lies and no commentary.

And while I agree that Teresa and Joe have gotten their sentence and will do their time, I would like to see some contrition.  As a viewer of these Housewives shows, I tuned in to see lives of people that I wouldn't normally rub shoulders with.  Teresa and Joe are nobodies and would NEVER have been cast if it weren't for the fraud.  They needed the big house, the cars, the vacations, the surgeries, the over the top shopping trips to make themselves appealing for the show.  And I invested in them.  But it was all a pack of lies.  And now I feel a little cheated. So I'd like to hear some level of authentic contrition, but I don't think she feels it or gets it.  And I don't believe for one minute that when they get out of the jail that they won't be right back at it. 

• Love 8

I m a member of the Family Feud club.  Haven't seen/spoken to family in 30 years for reasons I won't bore you with. Sometimes I feel bad for my kid that he has only one set of grandparents/cousins,  but that's the way things shake out.  I'm not gonna go all Dina and have mental funerals and wakes, life is way too short. Dina definitey does not need the QVC's poo pouri because we learned last night her shit definitely doesn't stink.

Good for you for being so healthy about it. I am one who doesn't always believe that the family you are born into is the most important thing in the world. Some folks are born into dysfunction that points them in a different direction. I have been extremely lucky in that my family is close, and it is not just talk. In my mid-40's I have never spent a Christmas away from my siblings, and since there are 6 of us and we all live in different states and have spouses and kids of our own, this is a task. It requires that we all married folks who are aligned to the importance we all place on family and get on board with the plan. I am one of those that would have never married a man that my family didn't love and who didn't love my family.  My sibs all did the same thing. We are actually a package deal and blessed because it just works. 

My problem with Dina, and with Teresa before her, is their talk of family being so important. The significance they put on "there are just lines that family should not cross" and all that bull-shit, while acting in ways that are totally contradictory to that philosophy. If family actually is the most important thing than act like it through your actions, not through your words. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6

This whole season was ruined by Teresa's legal problems.  It was just too weird watching "Teresa, the Housewfe" on TV and then watching her disgusting crimal life unfold on TV every single day. 

It felt like I was watching a soap opera.  You have the actress and you have the character they play. 

I have really enjoyed the NJ Housewives over the years. The good, the bad and the ugly. It's been a lot of fun to laugh and snark. I was on a pregnancy bedrest a few seasons back and I entertained myself with this show...happily posting and analyzing.  

This season really was bad.  And the twins and Amber just didn't work at all. It made it worse. They had to rely on clips from years past? How lame is that? The big highlight of WWHL is Caroline talking about a feud from four years ago? 

If this show is as scripted as we all think, they need new writers.  It's a total flop. 

• Love 5

Dina didn't "forget," she knew she'd be opening a whole can of worms by saying she stayed off the show until Jac was gone in order to keep their feud private while Melissa came on the show to air the Gorga dirty laundry.

Teresa had just hired a new atty I think to ask for halfway house detention, so maybe she really thought that she'd be home for Milania's birthday in February? Or maybe she was thinking they'd have an early party. I don't think she ever really thought she'd do time. They might have told her there was a possibility, but she never took it seriously, instead only focusing on "a good chance at home detention."

I thought Bravo provided all the dresses for the women.  At least that's what one of the BH women tweeted after their reunion.

My thoughts on the Dina/Jac falling out - all speculation of course -

1. Jac told Danielle (before she realized Danielle was crazy) that Dina had forged Lexi's dad's signature

2. Jac spilled the beans about da book at the table flip dinner

3. Rumors of Jac spilling the beans about Ladybug not having 501c3 status to a blogger (whether true or not - Dina must have heard them like we all did)

4. Dina threatened to quit unless Danielle was fired and the rest wouldn't stand in solidarity with her.

5. Dina had the gay brother's wedding lined up for her HG show, and Caroline snagged it for Bravo instead.

6. Dina never liked Jac to begin with bc Chris was engaged to Dina's friend when Chris knocked Jac up.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 4
JINJER, ON 02 NOV 2014 - 6:10 PM, SAID:

Jac's a nut.  I don't blame Dina for not wanting to be around her.  But I think they should all be able to be together for family gatherings without getting into any fights.  Jeez they are adults.  And Chris is her brother who has a special needs child and a nut for a wife.  Dina can afford right now to be the bigger person.  But we don't know the whole story.

Nutty inlaws put heavy demands on their spouses.  And I can see Jac saying, "Well if she won't talk to me, then you can't talk to her." Or being petty and crazy when they are together.  But Dina isn't talking to Caroline either. And Caroline isn't talking to some other brother either - one in CT? I think that whole Laurita clan has issues.

The one I feel sorry for is Chris. I think he suffers daily, struggling with Nick and with that nut of a wife and his pain in the ass sisters and that mope of a freeloading asshat hanging around.

Wait, It is all Jacs fault that Dina froze Chris/Jac, Caroline/family and Teresa/family out for 2 years? It was Jacs fault that Dina let the Felon back into her life but kept her family out? And that makes Jac the crazy one? LOL In my world, that makes Dina the crazy one! Even Dina admits that Jac has reached out to her and wants to talk things out, Dina also admits that she does NOT want to do that. She just wants everyone to FORGET why they are fighting, which suggests to me that Dina is to blame for most of this and NOT Jac/Chris/Caroline! Also, she is hurt/upset that Chris did not go to Lexis graduation party but thinks it is ok that she never reached out to him after Nick was diagnosed! That is some twisted logic she has going on there, much like Teresa's brand of logic! LOL

Clearly you missed my bolded comments.

Wasn't Ashlee "working" as a make up person for the reunion? I mean sure, I'm convinced Jac sent her there to be a spy instead of showing up like an adult; does this make it 2 Reunions she's bailed on or could this one have really been optional since she wasn't an official cast member? Given the supposed "Kathy/Jac friendship", I'm assuming Ash was there to do Kathy's and if that's the case Kathy should never speak to them again. She looked bad. They all looked bad, in varying degrees, but the hair and make up on Kathy I thought was especially bad. Melissa looked the best, but that's not saying much and her constant BitchFace was seriously off putting (I noticed one again she couldn't laugh at the hair dye-gate being brought up, even though Joe Gorga himself has always been a good sport about getting caught, she's so humorless, I had kind of forgotten how much so this season because I've been busy hating Jim and being bored by the twins.)

Nicole looked good hanging at her house with Bobby reacting to Teresa's sentence, only 3 days prior. What a great example of Less Being More. Now I really am convinced there had to be a different make up team (or maybe Nicole even did it/had it done herself) that day.

Rosie looked the best out of all the girls. What's up with Joe Giudice? He looked good, and I saw a picture of him recently out with Tre and he looked good there, too, and lately he had been starting to look haggard.

I wish Andy had brought up how Dina's done 3 TV shows and signed on to a scripted soap opera webseries that never came to pass, after her "I don't watch TV." Maybe that's the key... I admittedly watch too much TV, yet I'd never sell my life to a network like these people have. I forgot to mention last night, I did like Teresa asking TereSSa if she had previously watched the show, then pointing out that it really didn't make sense if she really didn't watch before coming on as TereSSa tried to say she didn't. At this late into the series it completely illogical and unbelievable to sign on to something like this without having watched (sidenote: if this show goes on, they need to expand to people with different names, the Joe G's had been bad enough and we finally got rid of 2 Chris's only for Tere/SSa.)

Ashley did both Kathy and Rosie's makeup hair.  I think personal choices, each woman's that is, was the deciding factor. Rosie likes a more natural makeup style, if any, and Kathy was trying to go for a more glamorous, old world look and it failed, she should have gone the less is more way.

TereSSa, did tell Teresa that she watched the show but she said that she did not watch ALL of the shows from past seasons, only some of them. Teresa said that she should have watched them all so that she would understand better.

• Love 2

Good for you for being so healthy about it. I am one who doesn't always believe that the family you are born into is the most important thing in the world. Some folks are born into dysfunction that points them in a different direction. I have been extremely lucky in that my family is close, and it is not just talk. In my mid-40's I have never spent a Christmas away from my siblings, and since there are 6 of us and we all live in different states and have spouses and kids of our own, this is a task. It requires that we all married folks who are aligned to the importance we all place on family and get on board with the plan. I am one of those that would have never married a man that my family didn't love and who didn't love my family.  My sibs all did the same thing. We are actually a package deal and blessed because it just works. 

My problem with Dina, and with Teresa before her, is their talk of family being so important. The significance they put on "there are just lines that family should not cross" and all that bull-shit, while acting in ways that are totally contradictory to that philosophy. If family actually is the most important thing than act like it through your actions, not through your words. 

Family is important to both Teresa and Dina as long as the family does everything their, T/D, way! They can get mad at you, never explain why they are mad, go years not talking to you and then when they are ready to reconnect with you, you must just forget and act like nothing ever happened. They refuse to be held accountable for their actions but expect you to beg for their forgiveness even if they wronged you!

• Love 8

Meaning no disrespect to anyone out there, Joe and Teresa always make me think of The Godfather 1 and 2. They both exude the Mezzogiorno mindset pre-1861, i.e. before the unification of Italy. Teresa is obviously into the Omerta code although I seriously doubt that if you asked her about it she would even know what it means. Or that she knows anything at all about the history of Italy and the Cosa Nostra--how and why it came about.

Both the Giudices seem to think that living in the US is kind of a fortuitous accident -- a happy circumstance -- but neither seems to understand that this country, for all its numerous problems and corruption, operates under different rules than the ones they've chosen to abide by. As does Italy! This isn't impoverished and exploited southern Italian peasantry trying to grab what they can from a system dominated by the snobbish and domineering northern rulers centuries ago-- this is Jersey in the early 21st Century.

Joe may have some inkling and more than an inkling because he has always come across as minor league Mafia material but Teresa is truly lost. Committing fraud knowingly, without a doubt, but clueless as to the history and mentality that propel her engines. If she weren't so repulsive, I'd feel sorry for her. As it is, I think she should be thanking her lucky stars to have gotten such a light sentence and that both Giudices aren't forced to serve their sentences at the same time. The little girls will suffer and one can take no pleasure in that but some serious time away from these two may be beneficial, all heartache aside.

There are no words for Dina's outfit and hairdo. Great Halloween costume though.

I'm one who likes Kathy and always has. I like her mother and her sister and how the three of them are together. I like the mother's kitchen and dining room -- they look and feel real. I think the way Teresa has treated her cousin throughout is appalling and I'm happy to see the tables turned.

Edited to add that my understanding is that the Manzo sisters' feud has more to do with Project Ladybug shenanigans on Dina's part than anything else.  The other stuff involving Danielle and the book and all that jazz could be the tasty side dishes to this hot Manzo mess. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 7

Ugh I'm so sick of the "poor Teresa" crap. Dina feels soooo bad for her because she "wasn't taken care of" by her attorneys. There are murderers out roaming the streets but poor Teresa has to go to jail for those pesky fraud felonies. And it looks like in part 2 she's still playing the I-didn't-even-understand-jail-was-a-possibility card.

Get these people off my tv (and out of that mansion) ASAP.

Dina seemed stone cold when talking about Nicholas--Eh, he will be fine, he's progressing. The kids *I* deal with are connected to ports.

I find Nicholas's scenes heart wrenching to watch. I can't even imagine if he were my nephew.

Edited by Friedbutter
  • Love 12

Dina didn't "forget," she knew she'd be opening a whole can of worms by saying she stayed off the show until Jac was gone in order to keep their feud private while Melissa came on the show to air the Gorga dirty laundry.

Teresa had just hired a new atty I think to ask for halfway house detention, so maybe she really thought that she'd be home for Milania's birthday in February? Or maybe she was thinking they'd have an early party. I don't think she ever really thought she'd do time. They might have told her there was a possibility, but she never took it seriously, instead only focusing on "a good chance at home detention."

I thought Bravo provided all the dresses for the women.  At least that's what one of the BH women tweeted after their reunion.

My thoughts on the Dina/Jac falling out - all speculation of course -

1. Jac told Danielle (before she realized Danielle was crazy) that Dina had forged Lexi's dad's signature

2. Jac spilled the beans about da book at the table flip dinner

3. Rumors of Jac spilling the beans about Ladybug not having 501c3 status to a blogger (whether true or not - Dina must have heard them like we all did)

4. Dina threatened to quit unless Danielle was fired and the rest wouldn't stand in solidarity with her.

5. Dina had the gay brother's wedding lined up for her HG show, and Caroline snagged it for Bravo instead.

6. Dina never liked Jac to begin with bc Chris was engaged to Dina's friend when Chris knocked Jac up.

Teresa has already gotten her report date extended from January 5th to January 15th.  Gia's birthday is January 12th so she will be able to spend her birthday with her.  Teresa is savvy enough to get an extension to take in Milania's birthday before she reports-or Milania gets to celebrate her birthday early.

#1 I don't think Jacqueline had anything to do with the lie about Dina's ex not giving consent.  Here is Dina's version and the blame is clearly on Danielle and her ex's family:  http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/dina-manzo-left-real-housewives-danielle-staub-child-article-1.203211

I still don't know how Danielle could cause Dina to lose custody.  I do get the father wasn't pleased with the finished product and withdrew his consent for Season 2.

#2 I think this was the beginning of the end for Jac and Dina-especially when Jac called her a liar.

#3 Plausible but I think the bigger issue was Project Ladybug was a Laurita sisters project and Dina hijacked it for her own purposes.  I remember reading on Bravo boards any number of posters looking up the charity's tax status and finding it wasn't in compliance.  Jac was none to pleased about be bossed around by "Meana" at the event the first season.  So I think Jacqueline giving the story out is a bit of a stretch.

#4 I think this was the #1 reason for the rift(s).

#5  I think this was an issue but wouldn't it be up to the brother to decide who got the filming rights?  The wedding was beautiful and I don't think it resembled Dina's style at all.

#6  There was a five year gap between when Jac and Chris met and married.  So I don't think Chris was engaged to someone else.  here is Jac's story-(it is painfully long) http://stoopidhousewives.com/2012/08/07/jacqueline-laurita-how-jax-met-chris-laurita/

#7  I think Dina just doesn't like Jacqueline or Ashlee.  They are way too chatty on Twitter.

#8  I think it is all about money.  Once Dina left the ladies started making big money and Dina HGTV show died, her on-line soap opera wasn't picked up. 

Just my thoughts.

• Love 2

Teresa has already gotten her report date extended from January 5th to January 15th.  Gia's birthday is January 12th so she will be able to spend her birthday with her.  Teresa is savvy enough to get an extension to take in Milania's birthday before she reports-or Milania gets to celebrate her birthday early.

#1 I don't think Jacqueline had anything to do with the lie about Dina's ex not giving consent.  Here is Dina's version and the blame is clearly on Danielle and her ex's family:  http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/dina-manzo-left-real-housewives-danielle-staub-child-article-1.203211

I still don't know how Danielle could cause Dina to lose custody.  I do get the father wasn't pleased with the finished product and withdrew his consent for Season 2.

#2 I think this was the beginning of the end for Jac and Dina-especially when Jac called her a liar.

#3 Plausible but I think the bigger issue was Project Ladybug was a Laurita sisters project and Dina hijacked it for her own purposes.  I remember reading on Bravo boards any number of posters looking up the charity's tax status and finding it wasn't in compliance.  Jac was none to pleased about be bossed around by "Meana" at the event the first season.  So I think Jacqueline giving the story out is a bit of a stretch.

#4 I think this was the #1 reason for the rift(s).

#5  I think this was an issue but wouldn't it be up to the brother to decide who got the filming rights?  The wedding was beautiful and I don't think it resembled Dina's style at all.

#6  There was a five year gap between when Jac and Chris met and married.  So I don't think Chris was engaged to someone else.  here is Jac's story-(it is painfully long) http://stoopidhousewives.com/2012/08/07/jacqueline-laurita-how-jax-met-chris-laurita/

#7  I think Dina just doesn't like Jacqueline or Ashlee.  They are way too chatty on Twitter.

#8  I think it is all about money.  Once Dina left the ladies started making big money and Dina HGTV show died, her on-line soap opera wasn't picked up. 

Just my thoughts.

Teresa was given 15 months and even with time off for good behavior after 1 full year, she would only get a reduction of 50 days from her time. That would have her getting out around Feb. 15, 2016.

• Love 1

Dina had an online soap?

I think Dina vs Jacqueline is fairly simple: 

• Dina resolves conflict by walking away for days/years and then feels like time should make all the bad evaporate.  You process the bad stuff on your own, then get back together.  
  • Jacqueline resolves conflict by talking it out, perhaps in too much detail, but she wants to be heard and acknowledged and all that fun stuff.  You work through the bad stuff together.
  • Both are too self-centered to compromise (which I think is ridiculous, because both methods are imperfect, imho, and I think you should be willing to work with the other person's style).

Bottom line, I think they conflict at a fundamental level and the actual underlying cause of the conflict is irrelevant.  Their feud was inevitable, imho.  And I'd bet the only way out is for them to find a third-party to unite against, like they did for a while with Danielle, like they could do if they wanted to say Bravo and the show ruins families.  

• Love 6

To me, the worst part of that was how she laughed, and laughed hard, after saying her "joke." I think she thought what she said was really funny, but no one else did. But more than anything, it says something about her, and her feelings about her family, that she tells jokes about such a sad situation.

I thought she was laughing at the irony of people who do inappropriate stuff like giggle at actual funerals while tee-heeing at the imaginary wake held in her imagination.    Sorry, that was a little matryoshka dollish, but you get what I'm saying.

I can't believe how delusional Teresa is.  On the reunion she just said "I don't know if I'm going to be here" when talking about Milania's birthday in February.  

Newsflash Teresa!  You're NOT going to be home in February.  You're going to be in prison.

Most startling moment of part 1. 

Teresa:  I don't know if I'll be around for Milania's birthday

Andy:  when is it?

Teresa:  in February. 

Andy:  and you have to report in January (statement, not a question)

Previously I really did think she was simply skilled in ignorance or denial or the delicate art of the side step.  She could be, but to the poster who called it an actual cognitive (dissonance?) issue, {{raises glass}} *clink*.   Even when broken to her gently, the unpleasant truth is just not something she's willing to accept. 

I hate how they (the producers, I guess) let Teresa walk off set like that. She doesn't want to face the music, so she walks off, and they say ok. Even worse is how she forbade everyone in her family to talk about the criminal stuff, and they all cater to it. Only her aunt (Kathy and Rosie's mother) alluded to it, and in an extremely general and vague way, and yet Teresa was furious and critical. They all walk on eggshells around her, and it's sickening.

The Laurita family dynamics and set of "rules" are just as dysfunctional, and Dina's hypocrisy is off-the-charts. She estranged herself from many in her family, and is then "shocked" and "heartbroken" when she isn't invited to family events? And they don't attend her events? And expecting and wanting them to just show up and pretend nothing ever happened is just so fucking lazy and immature. Apparently Jaq and Chris wanted to meet to hash things out, but this was too much work for her. She is such a phony with her eastern philosophy b.s. Namaste bitch indeed, Dina.

Girl she neither alluded nor was it vague.  Richie asked her specifically what she thought about Joe and Teresa and she responded specifically, using the word fraud and everything.  Which is her right, I'm not mad at her for at all.   Auntie did everything but point to the camera.  Lol!   I just didn't get Kathy and Rosie trying to clean it up by making it sound like she was talking in general terms.  Why even go to the trouble of defending her making a comment, hell that's not a crime. 

Only thing of value Dina said was we need to stop calling it The Cancer. 

Don't hate Amber's inability to properly measure, consider her, um, yardstick.

• Love 6

I have to say? I don't like or well, fell bad for any of them. I guess my thing is...is that if you sign up for a reality show? You get what you deserve. ALL of them...I really do think they need to start fresh with a new cast...I feel that way about most of the Housewives franchise...except Atlanta for some reason.

• Love 2

Dina must be a long lost member of my family.  People stop talking to other people (including their own parents) for 5-10 years at a time, meet up at a funeral, pick up as if nothing happened.  Maybe it's an Irish thing.  However, social media has never been involved -- it won't work if you're constantly picking at the wound.

I wonder if Rosie and Kathy were trying to say that their mother either led off with or continued with a lot of kind words of support that didn't get used, about redemption and clearing the slate and forgiveness and family standing by each other, etc.  To them, actually present at the time, it would not have seemed as harsh as those few lines being highlighted and the rest cut out, which is all we (and Theresa) saw and heard.  

• Love 2

Interesting too to see how seethingly angry Teresa appears to be towards Andy Cohen, seizing at any opportunity to somehow blame Bravo for the super mess she and her husband got themselves into.  So she oozes anger towards Andy and he continues to enable her by letting her get away with her walkabouts and other endless BS.  All of this gives the impression that the crimes committed are somehow subjective and not really serious--that is/was kind of random government over-reach that brought the Giudice party crashing down.  Because Joe and Tre's old school entrepreneurial spirit operates outside of the box -- like Apollo Nida, they can't be contained by the time-space continuum. Add the dawders and the fambly and it's all ... Bravo's fault!

Good for Mrs. Pieri, who, as I recall, was, what?, basically given away by her father to another family when she was a little girl because it was convenient to do so?  I know that Richie isn't well liked, and I totally get why, but I think that Kathy and Rosie are solid.  Kathy comes across as phony sometimes because I think she's in a hard spot -- I don't really doubt that she cares for her cousin but after the crappy way she's been treated by Teresa over and over again -- with a weird icy contempt -- I can't blame her for secretly kind of digging this plot twist.  It's just human nature and probably something she takes to the Confessional.  I know I would have to. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 11

I just realized that the only reason I ever watched the show was to hate on Teresa. Now that she'll be thrown in the clink for a little more than a year, I don't think there will anyone on RHNJ that's worth hating anymore. The twins, Teresa and Nicole are just way too dumb (dumb beyond words) .....and that gets old. Amber (and her ugly husband with his cheesy family commercials) is just too obnoxious.... and that gets old. Dina is too smug...... and that gets old.

I think that maybe Milania or Rosie would be  the only personalities that I could sit for an hour watching. Rosie is dumb, but it's funny watching her try not to sound it. I can almost hear the squeaking of her brain trying to put full cohesive sentences together. (but she tries) She's really not too obnoxious and she can't even spell the word 'smug'. I think there should be a Bravo show called "Everything's Coming Up Rosie" Who knows, we might even get to see Rosie clean someone's clock, just deck some bad guys the Hell out cold. That would be fun. And Milania, oh gosh the scenarios with Milania interacting with adults and other kids might just be the personality that I could hate even more than her momma. Come on Bravo, make my day. I think "Meet Milania" sounds like a sure winner.

Just a p.s. here.....One of my favorite moments on 'Reunion' was brief but priceless. It was when Teresa got up and walked off the set in a huff. It was either Tweedle-Dumb or Tweedle Dumber that said in a whisper to the other "it's a beautiful dress".  That's about as deep as her thoughts go, and why Teresa stormed out didn't matter.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 5

I can't find anything about the report date being pushed back, can you share where you heard this??

• Love 1

Dina must be a long lost member of my family.  People stop talking to other people (including their own parents) for 5-10 years at a time, meet up at a funeral, pick up as if nothing happened.  Maybe it's an Irish thing.  However, social media has never been involved -- it won't work if you're constantly picking at the wound.

I wonder if Rosie and Kathy were trying to say that their mother either led off with or continued with a lot of kind words of support that didn't get used, about redemption and clearing the slate and forgiveness and family standing by each other, etc.  To them, actually present at the time, it would not have seemed as harsh as those few lines being highlighted and the rest cut out, which is all we (and Theresa) saw and heard.  

Teresa knows all to well how the Producers edit what is said on camera for the sole purpose of drama. She is well aware that there would be more to that comment than what was heard on the show but that does NOT matter to Teresa. She is looking for a reason to hate Kathy and this is just another reason for her to latch on to. JMO 

• Love 5

Personally, I don't regard Teresa excusing herself from the set for a few minutes as constituting some sort of egregious transgression. From New York to the OC, plenty of cast members have preceded her, often in a much more combative fashion. She isn't the first Housewife to walk away from the sofas for a contained period of time, and she almost certainly won't be the last. I actually thought her reaction - if not the underlying sentiments - reflected progress; she could have disparaged her aunt with more pointed language and prompted Rosie to start screaming like a lunatic about cutting out tongues. Instead, she disengaged and removed herself from the situation. Baby steps. As for her general demeanor throughout the hour, I interpreted her lack of eye contact with Melissa and Kathy as a concerted effort to restrain herself from crying and/or becoming visibly despondent. Although I don't believe she actually feels genuine remorse for her crimes, I don't need to see her devolve into hysterics and prostrate herself on the altar of Bravo and Andy Cohen in a plea for forgiveness. If she needs to indulge in denial and self-control in order to prevent herself from some sort of emotional break, I think she should adopt whatever strategy works for her at this point. She could be creating an even bigger spectacle of her travails a la Lohan or Paris Hilton with histrionics and tears, but she's not, so good for her. It won't alter the inevitability of her punishment, but it may get her through it.

Abstractly, I don't see anything problematic with the approaches Dina articulates concerning her disagreements with her family and her friendship with Teresa, respectively. There's nothing inherently wrong with excising toxic relatives from one's life, nor is it impossible imo to love someone and wish them the best while maintaining little to no contact for one's own peace of mind. Just think of Joyce on RHOA or Vicki Gunvalson's narcissistically disordered mothering on Orange County. I can see why Dina would prefer to avoid Jacqueline. Does anyone recall when Jacqueline sent Teresa text messages implying that Gia wasn't Joe's child? Or the compulsively adolescent manner in which she would disrupt Chris's attempts to reason with Ashlee? The woman is an unhinged drunk in my view. However, Dina appears to be a liar when she asserts that she has, in fact, disengaged from her sister-in-law. Feuding with her on Twitter and detailing one's grievances on national television make for behavior every bit as puerile as Jac's. Disengagement means affecting cordiality toward the object of one's ire, wishing them the best, perhaps smiling at her outbursts, and refraining from comment.

As for Dina electing to afford Teresa the chance to let her know whether or not she requires Dina's aide before involving herself in the Giudice emotional turmoil- that seems entirely appropriate to me. I don't think it makes Teresa an autocrat when it comes to friendship; she, after all, is the one going up the river who needs emotional support. Her toils are entirely self-created, but at this juncture, either her friends and family genuinely want to help or they don't. If a loved one requires space or distance, the understanding response is to allow them to have it. If Kathy and Jac want to make a buck and hold on to their relationship with the show, that's their prerogative, but they shouldn't costume their commentary as anything but what it is.

Despite her dishonesty, I think Dina is obviously the Mensa member of this lot because she is likely conscious on some level of her own disingenuousness/grasps that she's spinning a self-serving narrative. I don't believe anyone else on that stage registers their hypocrisies/contradictions to any degree.

Comparatively speaking, Melissa really was the exemplar of grace and maturity at the reunion. Her protest that the series is all about "mending family" was self-buttressing horseshit, but, other than that, she has prioritized family peace all season long. Props to her for declining to film a reaction scene to Teresa's sentencing.

The twin with the better skin and toga dress was just grotesque. Her breasts were like something from a horror movie.

Maybe it's a Catholic thing? One of my parents hails from a very large family in which feuds often erupt between siblings, with third/fourth/fifth parties taking sides in the rifts. Sometimes the disagreements endure long enough that people literally forget why they haven't spoken to each other in years. Then they interact at a family function and pick up as if nothing happened.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 18