Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I didn't think the season centered around Teresa.  She was more low-key.  The core problem is that BRAVO made too many sweeping cast changes at one time - like they did with RHONY.

Money wise Teresa was the center.  It was Teresa that got the Rino/Santa rumor on the air, it was Joe and Teresa's legal troubles that caused Part 2 of the rift at the First Responders' party, Jim and Bobby's fight, it was Teresa's legal troubles that certainly weighed in heavily the last episode and the Reunion. It was Teresa's refusal to reach out to the other Teresa that caused another fractured event.  So hour for hour she may not have had the most screen time but her presence was certainly the center of the season.

I absolutely agree that bringing on so many new cast members was detrimental.  On RHONYC the biggest ratings decline was the season after (last season) after the sweeping cast changes.  So what does Bravo do- bring back a former fan favorite.  If it didn't work on OC or NJ why keep repeating the same ineffective remedy?

• Love 2

I didn't think the season centered around Teresa.  She was more low-key.  The core problem is that BRAVO made too many sweeping cast changes at one time - like they did with RHONY.

The season opened with the Teresa drama, and closed with the Teresa drama. And a lot of shows in between. They even brought back HW's they let go for the sole reason of talking about Teresa. I definitely agree that other reasons played a part in the rating's woes, with the casting of the horrible twins and Amber being one of them, but this notion that star Teresa = ratings bonanza is just not supported by the numbers. Not to mention her post-guilty plea and post-prison stint status. She is not now, and will not be, the same Teresa that attracted viewers to seasons 1 - 5.

• Love 3

ITA. I don't think the season centered around Teresa. I feel like I saw way more of the twins and Amber than Teresa.

Unfortunately, BRAVO goofed up with Amber and 'Tweedle-dumb and Dumber', because they just simply aren't interesting people. They're single dimensional and uninteresting.  And another thing, I wish BRAVO would ban white eyeliner, white eyeshadow and chest/decolletage oils from all future RHNJ wives. It's so difficult to stare at greasy chests and cartoon-ish white eyelids for an hour.

• Love 4

I'm sure there will be no yelling, everyone will behave wonderfully and they'll all just agree to disagree and hug it out. Right guys?

I hope not!  It would be a very boring reunion if it is that way.

• Love 2

I disagree, they still tried to center the show around Teresa again this season as well but Teresa had her PR team present throughout filming. They kept her on  very short leash in hopes of getting no prison time.

Teresa was quick to agree that RHNJ was a major factor in her own undoing. To me, that's just a woman in denial about her own wrongdoing.

That is who and what Teresa is/does though. It is never her fault, no matter how nasty/low she gets. Someone made her go for their throat, someone made her sign, someone made her feel bad/sad so she had to do worse to them, someone is always making Teresa do whatever it is, she is never at fault for anything.

Teresa's wacky hijinks were the core of the show in other seasons.  Even when there was more focus on the Manzos, she was the monkey that would perform on demand.  People talked about the table flip.  They discuss her four beautiful daughters, whether it's the ridiculous outfits (Can we ever forget the glory of the matching pseudo gone with the wind ensembles from the Italy trip?) or their bad behavior (Milania).  They talked about her oft drunk husband.  Then we got Mel and Joe Go who only made Teresa even more the center of the show.  

This season she held back, trying not to make a complete ass of herself.  I am sure her attorneys were doing their best to counsel her on her behavior.  She is still not very bright and very capable of acting the fool.  But she didn't bring it the way she did in prior seasons.

The twins are just horrible - screechy, unpleasant, and trying way too hard to be the center of controversy.  I would be fine not seeing them, their enormous foobs, Rino's eyebrows and Bahby's desperate attempts at relevance ever again.  Amber brought the crazy through Jim, and much of that was on Twitter.  On her own, she is damn dull.  Sure, she had The (stage 1) cancer, but there's no there there, no matter how many tear-filled scenes she and Jim concocted.

So RHONJ's ratings went down because there wasn't much to watch.  I'm sure some of the drop of was people refusing to watch Teresa and Joe given that they had committed and were convicted of multiple felonies.  But the largest drop off would be that the show lost it's luster.  Even bringing back crazy Jac and somnambulists Dina and Kathy could not make this season exciting.   

She is good at being a ditzy sidekick but the only other way she got viewer support was by grabbing onto the victim role. AND she will never give that title up.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

From what I've seen of Jaq on the show and her Twitter behavior, I wouldn't want anything to do with her either, she's beyond toxic. In such a large family I can see how rifts could happen. I do remember scenes with Dina and other siblings, so clearly she has relationships with some of them. Personally I like Dina, she's not perfect, but who is? It's a shame that nieces and nephews are part of the fall out, I've had it happen in my own family where I lost contact with cousins (well thank gosh for Facebook which allowed me to reconnect with one of them), because of ridiculous behavior of an Aunt... Anyway, in an ideal world things will resolve for Dina and her estranged siblings ...but maybe not...

• Love 4

I think Bravo thought the Rino/Santa rumor was going to be the firestorm of the season. Well, after the indictment, of course. But no one believed it, no one cared The twins, Amber and Jr. Turd Jim bombed. The only time Joey and Melissa were interesting was during shoe polish hair gate seasons ago. That's what I thought went wrong with the season OMG, I totally forgot about Dina! Guess that says it all about her return.

• Love 3

So RHONJ's ratings went down because there wasn't much to watch. I'm sure some of the drop of was people refusing to watch Teresa and Joe given that they had committed and were convicted of multiple felonies.

I don't think that played a big part in ratings. Heck, this forum and TWOP were filled with those of us who never liked any of them yet we all watched, if for no other reason than to snark. TV show guides are filled with shows about prisoners, felons, lock ups etc. There's a fascination these days surrounding people like the Juicys.

• Love 4

I think that the only way that Tre comes back is if she agrees to actually discuss "what could not be discussed" this past season. Everyone spent the entire season dancing around the fact that Tre and Joe pled guilty and were convicted. If Tre agrees to open up about prison, Juicy and lets the audience in, then Bravo will re-sign her despite her conviction. If she cops the same "next question" attitude as this season, she's a goner. 

being a convicted felon hasn't stopped many people from being in showbiz. Why would we think it would be any different with Tre. 

BTW, Tre looked heavily medicated during the reunion. She wasn't fully following what was happening. Se also looked like she had an anxiety attack after while or after she was in the bathroom. 

• Love 2

Money wise Teresa was the center.  It was Teresa that got the Rino/Santa rumor on the air, it was Joe and Teresa's legal troubles that caused Part 2 of the rift at the First Responders' party, Jim and Bobby's fight, it was Teresa's legal troubles that certainly weighed in heavily the last episode and the Reunion. It was Teresa's refusal to reach out to the other Teresa that caused another fractured event.  So hour for hour she may not have had the most screen time but her presence was certainly the center of the season.

I absolutely agree that bringing on so many new cast members was detrimental.  On RHONYC the biggest ratings decline was the season after (last season) after the sweeping cast changes.  So what does Bravo do- bring back a former fan favorite.  If it didn't work on OC or NJ why keep repeating the same ineffective remedy?

I'm kind of curious to see what direction the franchise will go in as a whole, since ratings have dropped, if I'm not mistaken, for every installment but RHOA, which continues to attract more and more viewers. RHONY has struggled the most of any installment, but they all have, to varying degrees; RHOBH had very high ratings in its second season and started steadily to drop in the third, for example. RHOBH will be bringing on ex-soap stars to revive interest in the franchise (which became "The Brandi Show" as RHONJ became "The Teresa Show"), but that isn't an option for RHONJ, which has a very narrow thematic focus. I think the only hope for RHONJ - if it retains its current, very narrow focus on nouveau riche Italian-Americans in Franklin Lakes/Montville and Colts' Neck - is to put Jacqueline, Dina, and Danielle together to hash out the sordid Laurita/Manzo drama, most of which has remained in the closet. The Giudices/Gorgas have exhausted their stories. And the issue with RHONJ dropping its stereotyped ethnic focus is that it then becomes pretty indistinguishable, from, say, a Real Housewives of Chicago focusing on tacky nouveau riche types in, say, Barrington, or even RHOOC. It would then just be about tasteless nouveau riche suburbanites who could be found anywhere in America.

• Love 5
Teresa had just hired a new atty I think to ask for halfway house detention, so maybe she really thought that she'd be home for Milania's birthday in February? Or maybe she was thinking they'd have an early party. I don't think she ever really thought she'd do time. They might have told her there was a possibility, but she never took it seriously, instead only focusing on "a good chance at home detention."

I just figured she didn't yet know when she was supposed to report. I don't recall hearing a specific date at the sentencing--just 2015.

Ah, never mind -- just read this part below; I'd forgotten that Andy confirmed the report date. 

Andy:  and you have to report in January (statement, not a question)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1

Teresa is pissed at the entire world.  I think she's always gotten everything she's ever wanted, so she expected things to go her way in court as well.  She looked like a petulant child, frowning, barely saying a word at times, blaming everyone but herself for her upcoming time away at college.  Had it been someone else, say Melissa, going away to college for a while, Teresa would NOT have been kind, would have been screeching at the top of her lungs, would have been yelling "why are you walking away you coward?"  When Danielle left the reunion set after Teresa got up out of her chair (seemingly to get in Danielle's face or worse), Teresa kept yelling something like get back here you coward.  Teresa now cannot even sit through a discussion of what her aunt said, which was still a very mildly stated truth.  You do bad things, it will catch up to you eventually.  That is true for anyone.  Teresa signed up for this season and well knows what the reunions are all about.  Had she really wanted to shield herself and her family from any public ridicule, she would not have signed up for this season.  But, again, Teresa thought everything would go her way.

Teresa and Dina act like they are so above Andy Cohen.  No bitches, he is your boss.  You can both be replaced or the show can be cancelled.  You are not that special.  

Dina is so full of crap.  If she's truly such a Zen person, she would be trying to find the right path as I believe it's called.  Right most assuredly does not mean holding grudges, petty fights, having friends who are thieves, defending thieves, and having all those material possessions (i.e. huge shoe closet).  As someone said, it's all fake, just to amp up her public persona.  If being a baby seal killer suddenly came into fashion, I think Dina would be signing up the next day.  Her comment about Nick just came off so callous.  She spends her time with the children who really need help, and she St. Dina of the Shoes can help heal them.  She can't heal Nick, so whatever.  Had she been there from early on, he would know he has a aunt or some nice lady who cares about him.  She says family is so important, so ok, overlook the small stuff and make nice for the sake of all the kids in the family.  Be cordial and move on already.  If she even hinted that the only way she'd be with her family is for her brother to divorce Jac - so totally wrong.  She's the typical youngest spoiled child.  I have a cousin who is the same.  Has to be about her, she's the special snowflake, has to be about her 24/7.  She's exhausting and thank goodness lives far, far away.  

Dina I think was going for Supreme Zen Burrito Goddess with her outfit.  Looked like a Forever 21 outfit topped by one of Claire's finest necklaces. 

Melissa looked extremely dressed down, very conservative.  I think if the Gorgas are having financial issues, she's learned not to wear the expensive stuff in public.

Joe Gorga was really upset and sincere (as poorly worded as he put it - but sincere).  He made me tear up a little.  Teresa sat there all stone faced (I think she was partially stoned to be honest).

All of the newbies and their hubbies/fake boyfriends can exit stage left now.  Boring and nasty is not a winning combination.

Edited by hoosier80
  • Love 12

Speaking for myself, I would totally tune in to see Teresa's life post-prison and I can't stand her. Oddly, I've not been standing her on a very regular basis now for 6 years! If she's willing to do it, I would definitely watch. She's as dumb as they come but weirdly resourceful -- if there's a way to spin it and make it work for her and the girls when she gets out, I have no doubt that she'll find a way.  That's kind of her appeal -- "Look, a penny!" as the ship goes down or stomping off in a huff in her gold evening gown just because she can and is somehow above it all.  She cracks me up. 

The real problem with Amber and the twins is that they were always breaking that fourth wall -- not in a real way -- but because all three seemed so ill at ease in front of the cameras and were so contrived in everything they did and said.  Same for their husbands and boyfriends.  Fakety fake fake.  When the phoniness reaches a certain level, all pretense that this is reality tv goes flying out the window and you're just left with a bunch of dullards trying way too hard to keep themselves on the show by any means necessary.   No fun. All of the badly acted scenes between Jim and Amber concerning her cancer.  The hyperactive nuttiness of Rino and Mrs. Rino -- The never to be believed romance between Bobby and Mrs. Not Really. Instant show killer.  Jim's rabid dog act. 

And, yeah, Teresa appearing to be under the influence of tranquilizers for the entire season.  But I would watch because while I find her repugnant, she fascinates. I'd also love to see Danielle return along with what's her name -- the How Are You? woman who looks like Debbie Reynolds.  The good old days. 

I'm wondering too if we got treated to the Victoria Gotti scenes because Teresa wanted to give the impression that, like her all of a sudden old friend, she's really just another form of watered down Mafia wife -- Kept in the dark, not really knowing what her husband was up to.  Made to sign stuff without understanding it and not able to comprehend or ask questions.  Dina was certainly putting out that theory at the Reunion.  Like someone said several pages ago, Dina was all about underlining that Tre didn't really have anyone looking out for her--as in Joe.  The matter of what came out of Gotti's mouth about the mother and Rino was incidental to her -- I think she just wanted to show that she's another weak variant of Carmela Soprano.  Tre couldn't have cared less about the scandalous gossip -- it was all about showing that she's part of that world and so can't really be held accountable. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 4

There are very few TV shows that stay popular forever especially with the channel expansion. These shows were new and different once, but they have staled out.

Even Atlanta is boring, as any glance at the old TWOP thread will tell you. People complained constantly. It got ratings because the fights were promoted constantly. And Atlanta has a real live felon this year. So will people tune out due to that?

I really think that the concept is just played out.

• Love 3

I don't think that played a big part in ratings. Heck, this forum and TWOP were filled with those of us who never liked any of them yet we all watched, if for no other reason than to snark. TV show guides are filled with shows about prisoners, felons, lock ups etc. There's a fascination these days surrounding people like the Juicys.

Motorcitymom, and maybe others, had a different take on this, or a different theory as to the ratings drop, and it made so much sense to me, so I'll repeat it here and hope I'm remembering it correctly. It's this -- Teresa was the break-out star of the franchise, and has (had?) tons of fans, many of whom are blindly loyal to her, as we know. Teresa and Joe were indicted last year, and had already pled guilty while the season was filming and before ep. 1 aired. Therefore, many fans of the show, ie. Teresa fans, didn't watch this season, because it was too hard or not fun to watch her downfall. Makes a lot of sense. Plus, it's been mirrored on this forum - I noticed that certain posters who were die-hard Teresa fans went MIA.

If Tre agrees to open up about prison, Juicy and lets the audience in, then Bravo will re-sign her despite her conviction. If she cops the same "next question" attitude as this season, she's a goner. 

I hated that "next question" attitude she took on! It reminded me of Ramona during the NY reunion refusing to answer Andy's questions about her marriage - the very subject of Ramona's tenure on RHONY. But as for Teresa, I don't see any sign that she'll EVER talk about her crimes, Joe's crimes, her time in jail, etc... It's not her m.o.

Being a convicted felon hasn't stopped many people from being in showbiz. Why would we think it would be any different with Tre. 

Ask her sponsors. The ones that dropped her.

• Love 2

OK, I finally watched. I feel I fell through the looking glass. I saw the Tweedledum and Tweedledee, who agree to have a battle but never have one, but do complete each other's sentences. Then we have the Cheshire Cat engaging in amusing but sometimes vexing banal conversation, as Humpty Dumpty discusses the semantics of what was said. And then there is the White Rabbit with her quavering voice and her quivering knees, grovelling to the Queen of Hearts , the foul-tempered monarch, who shouts "Off with her head!" I feel empathy for the poor Jabberwock.

• Love 4

Victoria Gotti's appearance became apparent when I read her "Growing Up Gotti-10 Years Later" is returning to television.  I don't know if it is a series or a special I don't care because I won't watch it.  I have always thought it odd that Teresa doesn't mind Victoria Gotti talking about their legal problems-someone she knew for three days.  Granted Teresa does not follow any of her advice but she doesn't bristle at the mention of their legal woes by Victoria.

• Love 2

From what I've seen of Jaq on the show and her Twitter behavior, I wouldn't want anything to do with her either, she's beyond toxic. In such a large family I can see how rifts could happen. I do remember scenes with Dina and other siblings, so clearly she has relationships with some of them. Personally I like Dina, she's not perfect, but who is? It's a shame that nieces and nephews are part of the fall out, I've had it happen in my own family where I lost contact with cousins (well thank gosh for Facebook which allowed me to reconnect with one of them), because of ridiculous behavior of an Aunt... Anyway, in an ideal world things will resolve for Dina and her estranged siblings ...but maybe not...

I believe Dina was filmed with her mother and 2 different sisters. Fran was 1 of the sisters and she lives with Caroline. The other 1 does not speak to Caroline and lives with Dina. Dina asked her parents to split time with just her/Lexi and spending time with the rest of the family. It appears that Dina is at odds with 9 siblings at this time and Caroline is at odds with 2 or 3 siblings only.

I believe Dina was filmed with her mother and 2 different sisters. Fran was 1 of the sisters and she lives with Caroline. The other 1 does not speak to Caroline and lives with Dina. Dina asked her parents to split time with just her/Lexi and spending time with the rest of the family. It appears that Dina is at odds with 9 siblings at this time and Caroline is at odds with 2 or 3 siblings only.

I wonder if that was upon request stipulation by Dina; in lieu of rent for room and board the sister would have to cease all communication with Caroline in a show of solidarity so long as they shared one roof. It wouldn't surprise me, considering her behavior with Chris is tantamount to divorce mongering.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 2

Motorcitymom, and maybe others, had a different take on this, or a different theory as to the ratings drop, and it made so much sense to me, so I'll repeat it here and hope I'm remembering it correctly. It's this -- Teresa was the break-out star of the franchise, and has (had?) tons of fans, many of whom are blindly loyal to her, as we know. Teresa and Joe were indicted last year, and had already pled guilty while the season was filming and before ep. 1 aired. Therefore, many fans of the show, ie. Teresa fans, didn't watch this season, because it was too hard or not fun to watch her downfall. Makes a lot of sense. Plus, it's been mirrored on this forum - I noticed that certain posters who were die-hard Teresa fans went MIA.

I think Teresa fans boycotting the season and cast changes had a role in the ratings drop, but so did the poor entertainment value of the season. Ratings dropped steadily, I believe, from the first episode on. For RHONJ, there was already a substantial drop in viewership (including myself, mostly) from Season 4 to Season 5, particularly in the 18-49 demographic (from almost 2.7 to 2.3 million per episode overall and from 1.6 to 1.3 million per episode for viewers aged 18-49.) The Teresa vs. the world drama had already become stale. And, as SFoster21 said, the whole franchise is becoming stale.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 3

I hated that "next question" attitude she took on! It reminded me of Ramona during the NY reunion refusing to answer Andy's questions about her marriage - the very subject of Ramona's tenure on RHONY. But as for Teresa, I don't see any sign that she'll EVER talk about her crimes, Joe's crimes, her time in jail, etc... It's not her m.o.

Ask her sponsors. The ones that dropped her.

Does she have any sponsors left? I think they have all dumped her by now. The only place you can buy her "Skinny Italian" food line is on her web page only, that I know of. Even Teresa and Joe said that there were no more product endorsements left on the WWHL interview.

• Love 1

I think Teresa fans boycotting the season had a role in the ratings drop, but I think the cast changes and the season's low entertainment value, in addition to the aging of the franchise as a whole, had a negative impact as well.

I agree. There were a bunch of factors. But I think the Teresa-downfall theory is relevant to the question of whether or not Bravo hires her back after Attica. Is there still interest in her? Should we hire a felon, and give her a paycheck that helps her live her post-fraud life, and possibly help to repay her massive debt? What will the sponsors think? What's the temperature of the public on this matter? How is the show doing without her? Etc., etc....

• Love 3

It was Dina that stopped talking to her family AND Teresa but she then opened her arms to Teresa while pushing her family away all the while knowing Teresa was using that to bash them over the head

Kathy stuck her foot in it when she mentioned to Teresa that she'd used her mother's something or other recipe  at one of Tre's book signings, and Diva Teresa of course over reacted and started fulminating because sharing the spotlight and displaying any kind of generosity towards Kathy is beyond her, but I totally believed that the old lady has an amazing in her head collection of recipes for all kinds of terrific yummies.

I think there are 6 or 7 other siblings in the Laurita family. To say that Dina stopped speaking w/ her family is misleading.  She seems to have a good relationship w/ all except Chris and Caroline.  I follow Dina and her Mom (Nettie...who makes lovely spiritual/religious jewelry) on twitter.  There is constant conversation going back and forth between Nettie and her children.  I've never seen the Manzo's or C.Laurita's family tweet anything to their Mom or Dad, not even a Happy Mother's and Father's Day!  Dina also had a couple of her sisters on the show, the same ones who appeared last season with Caroline.  It sure seems like most of the isolation is against Caroline and Chris' families.

The cookiegate debacle was funny when it was realized that the cookie recipe Kathy was frothing over was due to a picture of said cookie in Tre's cookbook.  Oh, Mama P supposedly produced an old handwritten recipe of the cookie on weathered paper.  Funny though, that cookie recipe wasn't in Tre's cookbook and the picture Kathy was having a conniption fit over was simply a stock photo used as a filler in the book.  Hmmm, did I miss when Kathy apologized for her smear of Tre?  No of course not.  I also don't remember Tre "overreacting" to this situation.  I think her feelings were more along the line of "get the F outta here Kathy" and she kept on rolling.  Yet Kathy had the audacity to ask Tre to write a blurb for her own cookbook. 

Also, the first half of Kathy's first season, she had me fooled.  I really thought she was nice,but then the real Kathy came out.  The one who said on camera that there was enough of the pie (money) to go around, so she didn't understand why Tre didn't want her on the show.  All I can say is the ugly that's been festering on Kathy's insides is now showing itself on her outward appearance. 

• Love 5

I'm so over Dina...she's not only a bore, she's self absorbed. She's hurt that no one showed up for Lexi's graduation when she hasn't even met Jaq & Chris' child. She made it sound as if her child is more important to her than theisr is to them. Plus, why would she want them there if they are so toxic? I don't care what issue I had with a sibling, if they had a child, especially one with needs, I would drop the BS & be there to support them. It's exhausting emotionally & physically. She said meeting him wouldn't do anything because she can't cure him. She sounded like a buffoon. She runs a charity for kids with cancer, she doesn't meet every child but she does it anyway. How about help your own nephew.

Another reunion with Tre lying. She said she's never hit below the belt. I guess she forgets about her stripper, gold digging comments or when she pointed out Caroline's fat rolls. Tre blames everyone for everything that's happened to her, from her husband to Bravo. It's all their fault. She wants everyone to not comment on her case because it will hurt her kids. But she didn't mind flipping a table & calling Danielle a prostitute & whore right in front of her kids. I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot & it was Melissa in trouble, what would Tre say? I bet it would not be supportive. I also don't get why she's mad at Kathy & Rosie for their mother's comment. They didn't make it & the comment was not terrible. 

• Love 7

Oh I forgot to add I simply do not believe Caroline Manzo.  I don't believe Dina gave Chris an ultimatum.  In fact the only way I see that happening is IF Jax is violent.  I could see Dina saying take your kids and get away because she's done x, y and z.  Even I don't  believe Jax is a violent person.  Ironically though, Caroline says she won't mend fences with Dina until she mends her relationship with Jax.  Huh, so she can issue an ultimatum, but nobody else better.  Typical Caroline Manzo.

• Love 4

I agree. There were a bunch of factors. But I think the Teresa-downfall theory is relevant to the question of whether or not Bravo hires her back after Attica. Is there still interest in her? Should we hire a felon, and give her a paycheck that helps her live her post-fraud life, and possibly help to repay her massive debt? What will the sponsors think? What's the temperature of the public on this matter? How is the show doing without her? Etc., etc....

They would also have to factor in what type of show they would put her on. She would no longer fit into the HW show format, she will not have any money to live the life she has been to date. Then, IMO, she will not be able to carry the show herself even with her daughters but will need other women in it along side her. So that means a different type of show with a different lifestyle standard and I am not sure that will fly/sell. Does anyone think watching a poor criminal HW with 4 kids living in a small rental, fighting with other women like her would be much fun to watch?  Not me! JMO

• Love 2

Oh I forgot to add I simply do not believe Caroline Manzo. I don't believe Dina gave Chris an ultimatum. In fact the only way I see that happening is IF Jax is violent. I could see Dina saying take your kids and get away because she's done x, y and z. Even I don't believe Jax is a violent person.

Didn't Jac punch Caroline in the face?

• Love 7

I don't think Bravo should hire her back, and there's a good chance that she won't be hired back, both due to Bravo's problems with her and the past season's ratings. As zoeysmom has said, Tre screwed up a $750,000 contract by refusing to talk about her legal issues; as others have mentioned, Teresa didn't save the season from its (comparably) dismal ratings. Of course, this all begs the question of whether there can be an RHONJ after Teresa. Bravo made the mistake of centering the entire show around Teresa, a mistake they've made in other installments (e.g. RHOBH becoming the Brandi Variety Hour in Season 3.) The other cast members who had fan followings left, and the new ones they've brought on haven't achieved much of any popularity. As I said, the only way of salvaging RHONJ would be putting together Danielle, Jacqueline, and Dina to hash out their drama - something which probably will never happen, since Dina refuses to film with Jacqueline. The concept of RHONJ is more narrow than that of the other installments, which restricts their choice of cast members, adding to the obstacles in continuing the series further. I feel like RHONJ is screwed with or without Teresa now; her staying wouldn't help the show, but it would be just as bad (if not worse) if she left.

One reason RHOA is popular is that it has a strong ensemble cast. Although I'm not a regular viewer, the different cast members (with the exception of Porsha) all hold their own. There are lots of big personalities. This can't be said for most of the other Real Housewives installments.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 2

They would also have to factor in what type of show they would put her on. She would no longer fit into the HW show format, she will not have any money to live the life she has been to date. Then, IMO, she will not be able to carry the show herself even with her daughters but will need other women in it along side her. So that means a different type of show with a different lifestyle standard and I am not sure that will fly/sell. Does anyone think watching a poor criminal HW with 4 kids living in a small rental, fighting with other women like her would be much fun to watch?  Not me! JMO

Your premise is that every HW is wealthy, and we know that's not true, on Jersey, and on the other RH shows. Some are even bankrupt. It never matters, because it's tv - they always front, whether it's the actual HW who uses their Bravo paycheck to rent a place and live a certain lifestyle, or the producers helping behind the scenes.

• Love 3

I think there are 6 or 7 other siblings in the Laurita family. To say that Dina stopped speaking w/ her family is misleading.  She seems to have a good relationship w/ all except Chris and Caroline.  I follow Dina and her Mom (Nettie...who makes lovely spiritual/religious jewelry) on twitter.  There is constant conversation going back and forth between Nettie and her children.  I've never seen the Manzo's or C.Laurita's family tweet anything to their Mom or Dad, not even a Happy Mother's and Father's Day!  Dina also had a couple of her sisters on the show, the same ones who appeared last season with Caroline.  It sure seems like most of the isolation is against Caroline and Chris' families.

The cookiegate debacle was funny when it was realized that the cookie recipe Kathy was frothing over was due to a picture of said cookie in Tre's cookbook.  Oh, Mama P supposedly produced an old handwritten recipe of the cookie on weathered paper.  Funny though, that cookie recipe wasn't in Tre's cookbook and the picture Kathy was having a conniption fit over was simply a stock photo used as a filler in the book.  Hmmm, did I miss when Kathy apologized for her smear of Tre?  No of course not.  I also don't remember Tre "overreacting" to this situation.  I think her feelings were more along the line of "get the F outta here Kathy" and she kept on rolling.  Yet Kathy had the audacity to ask Tre to write a blurb for her own cookbook. 

Also, the first half of Kathy's first season, she had me fooled.  I really thought she was nice,but then the real Kathy came out.  The one who said on camera that there was enough of the pie (money) to go around, so she didn't understand why Tre didn't want her on the show.  All I can say is the ugly that's been festering on Kathy's insides is now showing itself on her outward appearance. 

Kathy did NOT accuse Teresa of anything, she simply said "my mothers pitzzels(sp)" , and nothing else. She did NOT say my mothers recipe but that is what Teresa accused her of doing anyway. Then when Kathy told Teresa about wanting to write a dessert book, Teresa shot her down and said "that NO ONE wanted a dessert only book" then proceeded to try and get a deal for a dessert only book herself, her attempt failed because of her Federal Indictments came to light.

Oh I forgot to add I simply do not believe Caroline Manzo.  I don't believe Dina gave Chris an ultimatum.  In fact the only way I see that happening is IF Jax is violent.  I could see Dina saying take your kids and get away because she's done x, y and z.  Even I don't  believe Jax is a violent person.  Ironically though, Caroline says she won't mend fences with Dina until she mends her relationship with Jax.  Huh, so she can issue an ultimatum, but nobody else better.  Typical Caroline Manzo.

Caroline said that Dina need to make peace with everyone not just her, I do not consider that an "ultimatum". AND I do BELIEVE that Dina told Chris to divorce Jac or else. She has the same mindset that Teresa has with Melissa/Joey, he is HER brother and she should come first BEFORE his wife.

Yes, right after she had CJ. Caroline said she let it go because she felt hormones played the biggest factor in that punch/fight. Jac apologized as did Caroline for stepping over the line.  

• Love 8

Your premise is that every HW is wealthy, and we know that's not true, on Jersey, and on the other RH shows. Some are even bankrupt. It never matters, because it's tv - they always front, whether it's the actual HW who uses their Bravo paycheck to rent a place and live a certain lifestyle, or the producers helping behind the scenes.

I think if Teresa keeps getting a large Bravo paycheck, most or all of her creditors will start crawling out of the woodwork to get their money which will cut back on any Teresa has left after the governments 25%. I see many lawsuits in her future as these people start lining up for what is theirs + interest! I don't see her getting a rental even the size of Brandi's/Kim R houses when she gets out and Joe goes in. I also do NOT see anyone in Joes family going out on a limb to co-sign for a large house for her either, she is known for not paying her bills and they can ill afford  to pay it for her if she decides to buy the girls something shiny instead of paying her rent or utilities.

• Love 4

All Kathy said-"oh my mother's cookies". The recipe in Teresa's book called for store-bought cookies.  It was a nothing comment. 

I am not understanding what was so off-putting about Kathy's comment about there was enough of the pie to go around.  I have always thought that Teresa came off as very selfish and self-centered with her objections to her family coming on.  It seems to be a reoccurring theme fostered by both she and Dina.  It was Teresa's choice to make gagging noises about her cousin's husband, to claim that Kathy excluded Rosie from her life because of her sexual orientation, Teresa's choice to make snide comments about her family in her book, Teresa's choice to refer to her sister in law as a gold digger and just make up a rumor about her, Teresa's choice to sell stories to magazines and lie about it, stories that contained disparaging comments about her co-stars and family.  Should all of Teresa's malice been directed at another new unknown cast member?  As Andy said-you don't have to fight with a family member if they come on.  Finally, Teresa, after telling Kathy dessert cookbook and desserts would not sell departing from her "Skinny Italian" mode  to sell desserts-just like her cousin.  Maybe Teresa should stop trying to claim every area of commerce as hers.

• Love 9

All Kathy said-"oh my mother's cookies". The recipe in Teresa's book called for store-bought cookies.  It was a nothing comment. 

I am not understanding what was so off-putting about Kathy's comment about there was enough of the pie to go around.  I have always thought that Teresa came off as very selfish and self-centered with her objections to her family coming on.  It seems to be a reoccurring theme fostered by both she and Dina.  It was Teresa's choice to make gagging noises about her cousin's husband, to claim that Kathy excluded Rosie from her life because of her sexual orientation, Teresa's choice to make snide comments about her family in her book, Teresa's choice to refer to her sister in law as a gold digger and just make up a rumor about her, Teresa's choice to sell stories to magazines and lie about it, stories that contained disparaging comments about her co-stars and family.  Should all of Teresa's malice been directed at another new unknown cast member?  As Andy said-you don't have to fight with a family member if they come on.  Finally, Teresa, after telling Kathy dessert cookbook and desserts would not sell departing from her "Skinny Italian" mode  to sell desserts-just like her cousin.  Maybe Teresa should stop trying to claim every area of commerce as hers.

Teresa has NOT had 1 original idea! The cookbook was Caroline's idea for ALL of them but Teresa went behind their backs and brokered a deal for herself without them. The Faboswill idea was done by Bethenny and then by Ramona BEFORE Teresa and she took their idea, Kathy did the Cannoli Kit and Teresa then did a "food line", the hair care line was the manufactures idea, Teresa was the cheap "celebrity" name attached to it, Kathy had the dessert book idea, it was reported that Teresa tried to sell a dessert book to her publisher but got shot down so she settled with a dessert line that she had no connection to, they were NOT her recipes BTW. Teresa believes that ONLY she is allowed to make money from products, NO ONE else is allowed to do the same and she will go to great lengths to stop them or beat them to it.

• Love 7

Well they have the clip up for Part 2 of the Reunion-basically Jim and Amber vs. Bobby.  They have photographs of Bobby attending events and having pictures taken with Melissa, Teresa and Jacqueline.  Although entertaining I would think you would want whoever comes on to have an interest in the show and its cast.  Jim thinks he is F. Lee Bailey or something.  Here is one thing I never understand-if there is a couple dating and you are friends with one of them is it ever appropriate to tell the other person anything your friend might have said about them initially.  I don't get Jim hurting Nicole's feelings for sport.  Although I do think Jim and Amber will be asked back because they are so explosive and exploitive.

• Love 1

Teresa believes that ONLY she is allowed to make money from products, NO ONE else is allowed to do the same and she will go to great lengths to stop them or beat them to it.

I guess this is what the poster was referring to in regards to Kathy's comment that the pie was big enough for everyone, but Teresa didn't like this. It's Teresa's world, and everyone else is just living in it.

• Love 4

Well they have the clip up for Part 2 of the Reunion-basically Jim and Amber vs. Bobby.  They have photographs of Bobby attending events and having pictures taken with Melissa, Teresa and Jacqueline.  Although entertaining I would think you would want whoever comes on to have an interest in the show and its cast.  Jim thinks he is F. Lee Bailey or something.  Here is one thing I never understand-if there is a couple dating and you are friends with one of them is it ever appropriate to tell the other person anything your friend might have said about them initially.  I don't get Jim hurting Nicole's feelings for sport.  Although I do think Jim and Amber will be asked back because they are so explosive and exploitive.

Jim will be the next Teresa with Amber being his Joe! LOL Jim is the tiny male version of Teresa, willing to defend himself and his mate against anyone that looks at them sideways and Amber defends what ever he does while brushing it off as "that's just Jim" like Joe does Teresa! LOL

• Love 4

I would not consider Nicole and Dina wealthy.  The Lauritas are downsizing out of necessity.  The Gorgas are living in a rental.

Tamra Judge, Brandi Glanville, Kim Richards hardly fit the opulent lifestyle - and they are all in HW franchises that are even more wealth focused.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 3

I would not consider Nicole and Dina wealthy. The Lauritas are downsizing out of necessity. The Gorgas are living in a rental.

Tamra Judge, Brandi Glanville, Kim Richards hardly fit the opulent lifestyle of the Housewive franchise.

I'd rather watch the poor housewife living in the rental with her 4 kids.

• Love 5

Yes. And in my book grown adults don't lay hands on each other. Ever. I don't recall any HW laying hands on another during this franchise. Oh wait that's right, Ashlee/Ashley did. Oh wait, whose daughter is she?

And no, flipping a table does not equate to punching a family member in the face IMO.

My sister had a baby recently and we managed to get thru 9 months without anyone getting smacked around. Hormones is a bullshit excuse (which I don't recall hearing Caroline state) and quite frankly insulting to pregnant women everywhere. Jac is unhinged, plain and simple.

• Love 3

I would not consider Nicole and Dina wealthy.  The Lauritas are downsizing out of necessity.  The Gorgas are living in a rental.

Tamra Judge, Brandi Glanville, Kim Richards hardly fit the opulent lifestyle - and they are all in HW franchises that are even more wealth focused.

They are still be able to front the lifestyle that Bravo has set for these shows. Teresa will NOT be able to even pretend that she can afford anything. Although the Lauritas are downsizing and the Gorgas are currently renting that does not mean they are poor or even now middle class. It remains to be seen where they will be living next season. Dina is renting an apartment in NYC, Nicole lives with her parents and does not have to worry about big bills because of that. Tamra's house as well as Brandi's/Kim R's rentals will be above what Teresa will be able to rent unless someone co-signs her rental agreement, her Felony and her credit history will make landlords require a co-signer IMO.

Also, I am not sure that Teresa will want to be on a show that features her new no frills lifestyle.

Yes. And in my book grown adults don't lay hands on each other. Ever. I don't recall any HW laying hands on another during this franchise. Oh wait that's right, Ashlee/Ashley did. Oh wait, whose daughter is she?

And no, flipping a table does not equate to punching a family member in the face IMO.

My sister had a baby recently and we managed to get thru 9 months without anyone getting smacked around. Hormones is a bullshit excuse (which I don't recall hearing Caroline state) and quite frankly insulting to pregnant women everywhere. Jac is unhinged, plain and simple.

You failed to mention Teresa going after Danielle and man handling Andy!  Oh, and Ashley was NOT a HW but since you count that, then Teresa tossing Andy, her boss, like a rag doll counts as well.

I guess you do not believe in postpartum depression either and YES, Caroline DID say that she let it slide because she though it happened due to hormones because it happened just after Jac had CJ.

• Love 1

They are still be able to front the lifestyle that Bravo has set for these shows. Teresa will NOT be able to even pretend that she can afford anything. Although the Lauritas are downsizing and the Gorgas are currently renting that does not mean they are poor or even now middle class. It remains to be seen where they will be living next season. Dina is renting an apartment in NYC, Nicole lives with her parents and does not have to worry about big bills because of that. Tamra's house as well as Brandi's/Kim R's rentals will be above what Teresa will be able to rent unless someone co-signs her rental agreement, her Felony and her credit history will make landlords require a co-signer IMO.

Also, I am not sure that Teresa will want to be on a show that features her new no frills lifestyle.

I seriously doubt she is going to be broke, living in small rental - as you claim.   Her large, extended family would ever let that happen.  She has lots of resources.  And why wouldn't she want to be on a show - that has made her the 2nd highest paying housewife.  RHONJ has always been less focused on wealth - compared to the other franchises in the series.  

There are many examples of people in the public eye, who have committed worse felonies - who make comebacks.   The public is usually known to have a short memory and giving 2nd chances.

• Love 2

I seriously doubt she is going to be broke, living in small rental - as you claim.   Her large, extended family would ever let that happen.  She has lots of resources.  And why wouldn't she want to be on a show - that has made her the 2nd highest paying housewife.  RHONJ has always been less focused on wealth - compared to the other franchises in the series. 

What large, extended family? She has one brother, and he's been fronting this whole time, too. And this year he downsized. Her parents? They don't have money. Juicy has a large family, but putting aside my prediction that Teresa will divorce him, they're not rich, either. Joe's father died, his mother just foreclosed on her home, and his brother and sister both have their own families to support. I also think there's a lot of resentment towards Teresa from Joe's side of the family, but that's just an opinion. Either way, I don't see where this money is coming from to help Teresa live a lifestyle even close to what she was used to. Her life is going to change dramatically.

Oh, and there's also the small matter of being $13 million in debt.

• Love 6

There are many examples of people in the public eye, who have committed worse felonies - who make comebacks.   The public is usually known to have a short memory and giving 2nd chances.

The original premise of the NJ show was still based on the HW's wealth. None of the HW shows have ever been about the 1% but they were supposed to be closer to that than not. They were to have much more than average middle class but less than the uber wealthy/yacht class. Name 1 person that committed felonies like or worse that Teresa/Joe's that made a comeback that had "talent" just as the Giudices have, aka/no talent.  And name 1 person that built their entire lifestyle on fraud and then made a legit comeback, just 1 will do.

What large, extended family? She has one brother, and he's been fronting this whole time, too. And this year he downsized. Her parents? They don't have money. Juicy has a large family, but putting aside my prediction that Teresa will divorce him, they're not rich, either. Joe's father died, his mother just foreclosed on her home, and his brother and sister both have their own families to support. I also think there's a lot of resentment towards Teresa from Joe's side of the family, but that's just an opinion. Either way, I don't see where this money is coming from to help Teresa live a lifestyle even close to what she was used to. Her life is going to change dramatically.

Oh, and there's also the small matter of being $13 million in debt.

People seem to forget that debt. Do they think it disappears because she Pled Guilty? Teresa and Joe are still on the hook for that money. Even if they sell off all 3 houses they will still be left owing 9.4 million to other creditors that are not going to wait any longer for their money. Who do they think will rent Teresa a house even half the size of her current home? Anyone I have known that had even shaky credit had to have a co-signer to even rent a small modest house/apartment, I can't think of what they will want from someone that owes that kind of money and that pled guilty to 4 counts of fraud. Unless Teresa has some type of deal hidden from the public, which I doubt, she is facing major changes in the way she lives. She has no real marketable skills other than a reality HW that  loves drama.

• Love 2

I'd watch "Tre + Quattro" (get it?) after she graduates, doesn't matter how big the house.

It is nice that you would watch Ter + 4 but I am not sure there are enough of like minded people to make any network do a show around her. I am not sure that it would succeed for very long either, after this latest Honey Boo Boo scandal, the tide is turning against shows featuring children as "stars" on a reality show. Networks are getting a lot of negative feedback about exploiting children. Just look at Kate + 8, Dance Moms and Honey Boo Boo and read the comments left on those shows about kids and reality TV, the tide seems to be turning against them.

• Love 6

Everyone covered everything.

My LOL moments...

When Tre walked off the stage vapid Nicole says "That's a beautiful dress."   What a twat.  Reminds me of when Nicole was cooking in the kitchen and she asked Rino what was Tre wearing to court?  "They like to coordinate." 

Ashlee did Kathy's make up.  She must not like Kathy.  Whew that was a botched job.  Kathy's hair was driving me nuts with that one strand hanging by her ugly lipstick.  Rosie looked much better - a bit orange - but better.

During a break Ambuh saying she felt dirty and needed a shower because of all the shit all over her.  THAT's an understatement.  Oh, she's talking about all that oily crap.

In my dream, Joe Gorga delivers a Vanderpump-type fist to Tiny Jim's face.  I hope the law suit goes to a jury.  Good luck finding 12 jurors who sympathize with Tiny Jim.  

Teressssssssah was biting at the bit trying to bring up Santa every two minutes.  Shut up and be patient.

It was lovely not hear Tre's squeal for once.   

• Love 7

Re: the bankruptcy - it seems like it's the forgotten mess in the Giudice house of horrors. I never see articles or websites that discuss or report on it. Does anybody know the details? I know a large part of the debt is due the banks, but what about the rest of the creditors? Have they sued? Will Joe and Teresa ever pay back anything, and if so, what are the conditions and/or timetable? Curious if anyone knows....

• Love 3

Re: the bankruptcy - it seems like it's the forgotten mess in the Giudice house of horrors. I never see articles or websites that discuss or report on it. Does anybody know the details? I know a large part of the debt is due the banks, but what about the rest of the creditors? Have they sued? Will Joe and Teresa ever pay back anything, and if so, what are the conditions and/or timetable? Curious if anyone knows....

Actually they owe about 8.4 million, I misstated it as 9.4 earlier, to creditors with only about 5 million to mortgages. Some of that money is directly linked to Joe's businesses but creditors could still come after Teresa for some of that money. She was listed on a few businesses he owned. They owe several different Lawyers, the IVF Dr, various small business owners. The amount they owe is staggering! Also, none of those listed were victims of Joe's shoddy work on homes damaged by Hurricane Sandy, that happened AFTER they filed for BK protection. I have to suspect some of them will come after him for that money as well. If Joe gets deported, I wonder if Teresa will be held accountable for any of that money or if she will have to give up 1/2 of whatever is left over from before his deportation. His creditors would be entitled to his 1/2 of their marital estate if Joe goes bye bye to Italy after prison.

• Love 2