Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

The first part of the reunion. I'm sure there will be no yelling, everyone will behave wonderfully and they'll all just agree to disagree and hug it out. Right guys? 

And if not, "whattayagonnado"..........

• Love 10

I have a feeling that Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum will talk incessantly about all the ways that they've been wronged, and the other women will give zero fucks about it.

Ask me for PowerBall numbers if you like, I've got psychic powers over here.

Edited by JacqaloonLaurita
  • Love 13

Is Melissa pregnant? Her face looked fuller and she dyed her hair her natural color. Ooooh, that would torture Tre!

I can't wait for the THREE parts! The best part about the reunion shows is watching the most useless cast members desperately insert themselves into every conversation. It used to be Melissa. Can't wait to see how the twins and Amber embarrass themselves.

Edited because "new ears" as autocorrect for "members" is a new one on me

Edited by Lambie
  • Love 1

Is Melissa pregnant? Her face looked fuller and she dyed her hair her natural color. Ooooh, that would torture Tre!

I can't wait for the THREE parts! The best part about the reunion shows is watching the most useless cast new ears desperately insert themselves into every conversation. It used to be Melissa. Can't wait to see how the twins and Amber embarrass themselves.

Teresa was getting irritated when Andy was talking to Dina about Caroline, Chris and Jac. She kept trying to insert herself into the conversation but Andy and Dina ignored her most of the time. You could see the frustration on her, Teresa's, face! LOL Oh, and she NEVER hit below the belt, NEVER! LIAR!!!! lol

• Love 8

Ugh.  Watched the first look and Dina talking about Jac opening the door because she came back on the show.  Please.  She states she would do a cooking show with Caroline but doesn't talk to her.  How does that work Dina?

On one of the preview videos Dina says that she would be ok with Danielle coming back to the show yet in her Season One reunion blog she says that no one was in her shoes to the extreme of the behind the scene attacks to her by Danielle.    She also said in that blog that everything was good with Jac.  This woman makes no sense.  She was furious with Jac for interacting with Danielle on the show but now Danielle is ok.  The bottom line with Dina is that she is the youngest of a bunch of kids who was treated like a princess and is used to getting her own way.  If  you're not 'loyal' to Dina, she gives you a funeral, or wake, and is done with you.    As for her husband, she makes the big announcement that they're separated but still are friends with privileges.  Yeah, maybe that's because she needs his money. 

Best of all, she makes the comment that there are murderers out there yet poor Tre gets sentenced to prison.  Maybe she'd feel differently if it were her money (not that she has any) or her shoes being stolen by Tre and Juicy. 

Mel did well with holding her tongue when Tre claimed she's never hit below the belt.  You know she was imploding but kept her cool. 

• Love 7

Re: First Look. I don't get all the focus from Andy on Dina.  And why does he keep bringing up the fight between her and Caro, Chris and Jac? Who cares. It's boring. She's boring. Maybe he is starting with her first to get it out of the way. I hope it gets more interesting because that was a snoozefest.

• Love 2

Re: First Look. I don't get all the focus from Andy on Dina.  And why does he keep bringing up the fight between her and Caro, Chris and Jac? Who cares. It's boring. She's boring. Maybe he is starting with her first to get it out of the way. I hope it gets more interesting because that was a snoozefest.

It won't surprise me at all to find that this will be the set-up for next season. The big rift between all of these folks. Why not? People complained for two years about the Gorga feud, yet ratings were off the charts the entire time. I think that the Laurita feud is less interesting, but that is mainly because I don't completely understand exactly what has happened.  Could be highly entertaining if folks are ready to talk. The bonus is that these folks all have ties to Teresa and Juicy. That could be a way to run the new season while keeping the Giudice drama on the back burner, ready for Tre's new show when she gets out of the slammer. 

• Love 4

First off fire Dina pretentious ass-anyone who is a "reality star" should not be saying they don't watch TV.  If she can't be bothered to watch it-don't appear on a TV show.  The look on the others' faces when Teresa claimed she didn't hit below the belt-priceless.  My mind went two places-since this was filmed on day four after sentencing was Teresa still rocking the same hair and make-up and are the others going to have to be kind to prison bitch?

I hope someone brings up how the season was a downer because they had to dance around Teresa tender feelings over her own self-inflicted legal troubles.  It is almost as if Teresa lost the reality TV lottery and got stuck with a federal indictment.  At this point I would even settle for Jim to bring up her problems.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 8

First off fire Dina pretentious ass-anyone who is a "reality star" should not be saying they don't watch TV.  If she can't be bothered to watch it-don't appear on a TV show.  The look on the others' faces when Teresa claimed she didn't hit below the belt-priceless.  My mind went two places-since this was filmed on day four after sentencing was Teresa still rocking the same hair and make-up and are the others going to have to be kind to prison bitch?

I hope someone brings up how the season was a downer because they had to dance around Teresa tender feelings over her own self-inflicted legal troubles.  It is almost as if Teresa lost the reality TV lottery and got stuck with a federal indictment.  At this point I would even settle for Jim to bring up her problems.

If you think bout it, the Andy and the cast have had to dance around some legal problem the Giudice's have been in since season 2, starting with the DUI.

• Love 2

Dina's kind of delusional, no?  "We haven't spoken in 4 years, but I want an invite to things, and we won't ever have to talk about why we're angry at each other."

Word? No. That's not how any of this works.

AND OMG STFU Teresa! Nobody was talking about you! NOBODY asked were you at the graduation party. It, for once, is NOT ABOUT YOU.

• Love 9

Geez Dina when you say you don't want a relationship with someone why would you expect an invite or think they would come to your event.  http://www.allabouttrh.com/sneak-peek-dina-manzo-reveals-wasnt-invited-lauren-manzos-engagement-party-plus-says-family-didnt-come-daughters-graduation/

This woman is annoying and condescending.

She tells them to leave her alone, that she wants NO part of them but expects to be include in everything like nothing happened or that they will all "pretend" like nothing is wrong. In others words, she acted like an ass and wants everyone to forgive her without her having to explain why she did it and without her having to apologize at all to anyone!

• Love 7

Geez Dina when you say you don't want a relationship with someone why would you expect an invite or think they would come to your event.  http://www.allabouttrh.com/sneak-peek-dina-manzo-reveals-wasnt-invited-lauren-manzos-engagement-party-plus-says-family-didnt-come-daughters-graduation/

Not sure, but I think Dina was saying that she doesn't want a relationship with Jacqueline, but does want one with Caroline and Chris.  I've seen many times in large families where some aren't speaking, and it mostly has to do with the in-laws…but whenever there's a wedding, graduation, Confirmation, etc., everyone is invited and they all put their differences aside for that day.  Some may avoid each other and others are polite to each other, but they respect the honorees and occasion.

• Love 14
Teresa was getting irritated when Andy was talking to Dina about Caroline, Chris and Jac. She kept trying to insert herself into the conversation but Andy and Dina ignored her most of the time. You could see the frustration on her, Teresa's, face! LOL Oh, and she NEVER hit below the belt, NEVER! LIAR!!!! lol

Yes, that was annoying. We have so much to look forward to once they all get warmed up! 

I noticed both Tre and Dina were trying to say without saying that Bravo instigates these things when Andy was insisting that no one makes them go on the show. Andy and Bravo must have them on serious lockdown with their contracts to not break the 4th wall. The Danielle years made for spectacular reunions but I think Andy will take the most joy in this one since, as you all mentioned, he no longer has to dance around Theresa and Juicy's legal problems. 

I saw in the preview that Kathy and Rosie come on as well as the hubands. Does Jacqueline come back too? 

Not sure, but I think Dina was saying that she doesn't want a relationship with Jacqueline, but does want one with Caroline and Chris.  I've seen many times in large families where some aren't speaking, and it mostly has to do with the in-laws…but whenever there's a wedding, graduation, Confirmation, etc., everyone is invited and they all put their differences aside for that day.  Some may avoid each other and others are polite to each other, but they respect the honorees and occasion.

Dina actually says that she thought everyone would just "forget" what happened. Not just for the party but for good and they could just go back to the way it was before SHE froze them out. IMO, Dina does not want to explain why she froze them out then allowed Teresa back in but not them.

I also found her assessment of Nick medical condition compared to Lexi telling. Because she has never met Nick, she does not think it is wrong to not reach out/support her brother but it was awful that they did not go to Lexi's graduation party. She admits that Jac reached out but wanted to talk things out first, she, Dina, said no and they are to blame then.

Yes, that was annoying. We have so much to look forward to once they all get warmed up! 

I noticed both Tre and Dina were trying to say without saying that Bravo instigates these things when Andy was insisting that no one makes them go on the show. Andy and Bravo must have them on serious lockdown with their contracts to not break the 4th wall. The Danielle years made for spectacular reunions but I think Andy will take the most joy in this one since, as you all mentioned, he no longer has to dance around Theresa and Juicy's legal problems. 

I saw in the preview that Kathy and Rosie come on as well as the hubands. Does Jacqueline come back too? 

Jac tweeted that she was asked but that she declined.

• Love 5

1) I think it's really disturbing that Dina spent some time imaging the wakes of her family members.  Like hate them all you want, but imagining their deaths is on a whole other level.

2) Teresa - just stop.  Stop.  We get it, you're a perfect.  No, you never hit below the belt.  Calling someone a prostitution whore and talking about someone else's blubber...is, well, perfectly nice behavior.  Repeatedly implying that someone is elderly as a means of putting them down...yeah you're a ray of sunshine, Tre.  She just cannot admit to anything.  She is going to prison for her crimes and she still does not think she can do anything wrong.  Oh and even now, she just can never give her family any credit.  Melissa says she called and texted Teresa, and Teresa is like "she texted" and looked all confused.  She is just the worst.

• Love 14

Here is another clip http://www.allabouttrh.com/sneak-peek-dina-manzo-melissa-gorga-get-melissa-calls-dina-condescending/  I can't tell if she is speaking just about Jacqueline or the whole lot of them.  Rosie, Melissa and Kathy all brought up good points-mend the relationship.  Teresa tried to have a relationship with just Joey trying to exclude Melissa and it didn't work-I don't know why Dina thinks it would work for her.  I feel for Lexi missing out on her relatives attending milestones but maybe Zen Dina needs to swallow some pride and get with the program.  I find very little difference asking a child albeit an adult child to maintain a relationship when the parents aren't talking.  Dina came back on the show and really kind of aced Jacqueline out of a job.  Is there any wonder why there is conflict in this family?

I think Rosie and Kathy's mom is probably more like Dina's mom than Teresa's folks.  She seems to want the kids to hash it out on their own.  Teresa's parents always seemed so polarizing. This clip also contains Teresa's infamous unsolicited advice regarding how it hurts the parents to have their kids on TV when they don't get along.  I think far more hurtful to a parent is having your daughter go to prison.  Teresa and DIna are cut from the same cloth=they don't want to share the spotlight.

• Love 5

Here is another clip http://www.allabouttrh.com/sneak-peek-dina-manzo-melissa-gorga-get-melissa-calls-dina-condescending/  I can't tell if she is speaking just about Jacqueline or the whole lot of them.  Rosie, Melissa and Kathy all brought up good points-mend the relationship.  Teresa tried to have a relationship with just Joey trying to exclude Melissa and it didn't work-I don't know why Dina thinks it would work for her.  I feel for Lexi missing out on her relatives attending milestones but maybe Zen Dina needs to swallow some pride and get with the program.  I find very little difference asking a child albeit an adult child to maintain a relationship when the parents aren't talking.  Dina came back on the show and really kind of aced Jacqueline out of a job.  Is there any wonder why there is conflict in this family?

I think Rosie and Kathy's mom is probably more like Dina's mom than Teresa's folks.  She seems to want the kids to hash it out on their own.  Teresa's parents always seemed so polarizing. This clip also contains Teresa's infamous unsolicited advice regarding how it hurts the parents to have their kids on TV when they don't get along.  I think far more hurtful to a parent is having your daughter go to prison.  Teresa and DIna are cut from the same cloth=they don't want to share the spotlight.

I agree that it would be good if Dina tries harder with her family; however, she doesn't seem to trust Jacqueline and wants to first start "mending" with Chris.  Also agree that Bravo probably wants this as (another recycled) storyline for next season, if they can convince Dina to film with Jac.

Yes, also agreed that going to prison is tops in the "hurtful to parents" department.

• Love 1

I agree that it would be good if Dina tries harder with her family; however, she doesn't seem to trust Jacqueline and wants to first start "mending" with Chris.  Also agree that Bravo probably wants this as (another recycled) storyline for next season, if they can convince Dina to film with Jac.

Yes, also agreed that going to prison is tops in the "hurtful to parents" department.

ETA - Re the clip, (going from memory because I couldn't see it from the link) I think Dina was starting to say that Melissa was added to the show because of the pre-existing issues with Teresa (which was the storyline that season).  But instead of cutting to the chase, Dina prefaced with the "liking Melissa" comment.  To me, Dina wants to answer the questions but also wants to avoid conflict, which can't be done on a RH reunion show lol!

There are so many things wrong with these people!

Is this website just plain stupid to call Lexi..........Lexi Manzo?

"What’s most hurtful is that Lexi Manzo wasn’t invited to the engagement party either!"

I doubt Lexi's father would approve!

• Love 2

ETA - Re the clip, (going from memory because I couldn't see it from the link) I think Dina was starting to say that Melissa was added to the show because of the pre-existing issues with Teresa (which was the storyline that season).  But instead of cutting to the chase, Dina prefaced with the "liking Melissa" comment.  To me, Dina wants to answer the questions but also wants to avoid conflict, which can't be done on a RH reunion show lol!

Melissa and Teresa's acrimony came from Teresa  not wanting to share the spotlight with her sister in law.  I don't recall Dina having much nice to say about Melissa this season-she back stabbed her to Amber and then went so far as to snark about Melissa bouncing around in her bikini.  To me Joe Gorga has just enough heart and goofy in him to make for good TV.  I don't really care for angry Joey but he did have some good lines with Bobby and some perfect comments to the asshole Jim.

My opinion of Dina watching her clips is she is not all that bright-maybe that is why she limits her time on these shows.  I think I also heard her say she has know Teresa now 25 years-on WWHL Sunday it was when she was pregnant with 18 year old Lexi.  So in addition to not being bright I question her truthfulness.  Dina also seems to step in it when she talks about her nephew Nicholas http://www.allabouttrh.com/jacqueline-laurita-responds-dina-manzos-comments-son-nicholas/#comment-2230884  I just think sometimes Dina is a little flip and fake.  And then there was this http://www.allabouttrh.com/dina-manzo-takes-twitter-defend-comments-jacqueline-lauritas-son/

• Love 3

Melissa and Teresa's acrimony came from Teresa  not wanting to share the spotlight with her sister in law.  I don't recall Dina having much nice to say about Melissa this season-she back stabbed her to Amber and then went so far as to snark about Melissa bouncing around in her bikini.  To me Joe Gorga has just enough heart and goofy in him to make for good TV.  I don't really care for angry Joey but he did have some good lines with Bobby and some perfect comments to the asshole Jim.

My opinion of Dina watching her clips is she is not all that bright-maybe that is why she limits her time on these shows.  I think I also heard her say she has know Teresa now 25 years-on WWHL Sunday it was when she was pregnant with 18 year old Lexi.  So in addition to not being bright I question her truthfulness.  Dina also seems to step in it when she talks about her nephew Nicholas http://www.allabouttrh.com/jacqueline-laurita-responds-dina-manzos-comments-son-nicholas/#comment-2230884  I just think sometimes Dina is a little flip and fake.  And then there was this http://www.allabouttrh.com/dina-manzo-takes-twitter-defend-comments-jacqueline-lauritas-son/

Dina comparing Chris's not going to Lexi's graduation last year to her not reaching out to Chris 2 years ago when Nick was diagnosed is ridiculous IMO. She is using Lexi  to downplay and to distract viewers from her silence and inaction, which came first. Jac did reach out to Lexi/Dina but Dina admits to shutting her down and now wants to complain about it. Dina can NOT have it both ways.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

...I mentioned a certain site in one of the other threads...that worship at the altar of Teresa and Dina and this is actually the site.  I've never seen an online community try to control the site and expunge those who don't agree with them.  I think I've seen them "call out" those who run the site and post articles when they feel they say something against Teresa or Dina.

zoeysmom...I assume you're the same zoeysmom on the site?

• Love 1

...I mentioned a certain site in one of the other threads...that worship at the altar of Teresa and Dina and this is actually the site.  I've never seen an online community try to control the site and expunge those who don't agree with them.  I think I've seen them "call out" those who run the site and post articles when they feel they say something against Teresa or Dina.

zoeysmom...I assume you're the same zoeysmom on the site?

I am and not well liked.  They have a very strong pro-Teresa community and anti-Caroline and Jacqueline group.  The site itself posts a lot of clips.  I noticed they did not post the story about Teresa assaulting Wendy Feldman.  That would have been way too controversial.

I think they have provided decent Reunion coverage.  So I post links to their site.

• Love 2

I am and not well liked.  They have a very strong pro-Teresa community and anti-Caroline and Jacqueline group.  The site itself posts a lot of clips.  I noticed they did not post the story about Teresa assaulting Wendy Feldman.  That would have been way too controversial.

I think they have provided decent Reunion coverage.  So I post links to their site.

I've noticed your reputation amongst the crowd there......I've been a lurker the last few years, afraid to post, I'm sure I'll be attacked even If I'm merely stating an opinion and nothing purposely awful...and tend to agree with a lot of your posts...you're pretty fair with your assessments...

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 3

I think Teresa said she and Dina have known each other since Dina's pregnancy - maybe they met 25 years ago, but didn't get to know each other until five or six years later…regardless, it would be interesting to actually know why they each say something different.

Regarding Melissa coming on the show, she says at the reunion that she and Teresa were fine when the Gorgas came on the show (paraphrasing, but maybe I misinterpreted).  IMO their promise to air the family laundry was the hook that got the Gorgas (and the Wakiles) their spots on the third season.  Both Mel and Tre have fault in the way they treated each other, Mel's just smarter.

• Love 2

I think Teresa said she and Dina have known each other since Dina's pregnancy - maybe they met 25 years ago, but didn't get to know each other until five or six years later…regardless, it would be interesting to actually know why they each say something different.

Regarding Melissa coming on the show, she says at the reunion that she and Teresa were fine when the Gorgas came on the show (paraphrasing, but maybe I misinterpreted).  IMO their promise to air the family laundry was the hook that got the Gorgas (and the Wakiles) their spots on the third season.  Both Mel and Tre have fault in the way they treated each other, Mel's just smarter.

The only person that says they, Joey/Melissa and Kathy/Rich/Rosie, promised to air the families dirty laundry is Teresa and I would not believe her if her tongue came notarized at this point. Is that what the producers hoped for? Sure, but all they, the producers, had to do is count on Teresa going nuts that they even dared to come on "HER" show. Teresa is too selfish to share the show with anyone in her family voluntarily.

• Love 4

Even BETTER - and this is, IMNSHO, definitely something Mel is capable of - if Mel were preggers and started out (quite wistfully, of course) saying how very, very MUCH she and Joey would like a little GIRL so that Antonia would have a sister...and of course, she would go on and on about how, after all, she and Joey have TWO healthy BOYS (thus guaranteeing the continuation of the Gorga line, dontcha know)....yada, yada, yada...you get the picture.  After seeing that dinner at Juicy's brother's house, I think the fact that no one on Juicy's side has produced a boy takes the edge off things for Teresa, procreation-wise, so another bun in Mel's oven would put Teresa over the edge - especially if it were to be another boy.

• Love 2

I've noticed your reputation amongst the crowd there......I've been a lurker the last few years, afraid to post, I'm sure I'll be attacked even If I'm merely stating an opinion and nothing purposely awful...and tend to agree with a lot of your posts...you're pretty fair with your assessments...

Thank you.  It is just a TV show after all is said and done.  I have never liked Teresa just because she was always so self-absorbed and basically a phony so when I read people pining away for her I am always curious what attracted them to her.  I am looking forward to the Reunion after watching the "First Look" last night, I saw signs of the old Teresa making everything about her all the time-unless of course you are talking about her legal situation then she is being picked on.  This season was interesting with outside women and once again Teresa didn't fail to disappoint-managed to be in the middle (of course she has absolutely no blame in the Victoria Gotti situation) of just being part of malicious gossip.  I am waiting to see if the twins express any disapproval or if it will just be a pity party for the soon to be Inmate #65703-050.

• Love 1

The only person that says they, Joey/Melissa and Kathy/Rich/Rosie, promised to air the families dirty laundry is Teresa and I would not believe her if her tongue came notarized at this point. Is that what the producers hoped for? Sure, but all they, the producers, had to do is count on Teresa going nuts that they even dared to come on "HER" show. Teresa is too selfish to share the show with anyone in her family voluntarily.

But what about the party when all hell broke loose at the beginning of the third season (I think)?

I'm not so sure Teresa didn't want them on because of selfishness - if I'm remembering correctly, wasn't she filmed introducing them during a previous season's party…but it wasn't aired?

• Love 2

Thank you. It is just a TV show after all is said and done. I have never liked Teresa just because she was always so self-absorbed and basically a phony so when I read people pining away for her I am always curious what attracted them to her. I am looking forward to the Reunion after watching the "First Look" last night, I saw signs of the old Teresa making everything about her all the time-unless of course you are talking about her legal situation then she is being picked on. This season was interesting with outside women and once again Teresa didn't fail to disappoint-managed to be in the middle (of course she has absolutely no blame in the Victoria Gotti situation) of just being part of malicious gossip. I am waiting to see if the twins express any disapproval or if it will just be a pity party for the soon to be Inmate #65703-050.

I hear the song "Prisoner 24601" in my head when she's on.

• Love 4

But what about the party when all hell broke loose at the beginning of the third season (I think)?

I'm not so sure Teresa didn't want them on because of selfishness - if I'm remembering correctly, wasn't she filmed introducing them during a previous season's party…but it wasn't aired?

It was OK for Joey for Joey to be on the show but she never wanted Melissa on at all. In fact, she said that in n interview on The View that season. She claimed she tried to get Joey on as a cast member since season 1 but Bravo told her no. When she was asked why she was upset that they did get on she said he wanted Joey only and that they did NOT tell her they got the contract. According to Andy, they were NOT allowed to tell anyone, including Teresa!

As for he fight during the Christening, both Joey and Melissa said it happened because Teresa refused to speak to them unless a camera was present and that she was "acting" for the camera and I believe them.

• Love 3

Melissa claimed that Teresa never invited them on the show and didn't want to share the fame, and Teresa said that wasn't true, that Bravo had cut them from scenes.  She said she had introduced them at her house warming.  At Milania's christening extravaganza with the Marie Antoinette servers, Melissa and Joe are seen in the background, and then at Gia's limo birthday party Melissa is seen on the steps greeting her.  Melissa was at filmings.  Bravo wasn't interested in her.  

Rumor had it for a long time that she and Joe Gorga got drunk one night and made a video dressed as gangsters and promised to bring the dirt against Teresa if they would put them on the show.  Who knows.  

But when they were cast, Teresa had filed already for bankruptcy.  The rest of the original cast was not going to talk about it.  Danielle had said something on the reunion the season before about Teresa not visiting the nephew in the hospital which made Teresa go gorilla and push Andy back in the chair, and Andy's ears are sharp enough to realize that the acrimony between the families was worth bringing on the family.

Melissa may have claimed that Teresa wouldn't talk to them without cameras, but at the Gorga baptism, she said that Teresa already congratulated them at the church, so why was she coming over again.  They were mad because she felt Teresa was horning in on their camera time.  There is no way the Gorgas acted appropriately at that baptism party.  Even if Teresa was only talking to them on camera or horning in on their time, the way Joe Gorga behaved was atrocious.  That was not a good entrée into the show.  No matter how selfish and horrible Teresa may be.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

The problem with Teresa is she continually lies and Andy continually corrects her about "not knowing" her brother and SIL were coming on the show.  Joe and Melissa didn't just want to be in background shots they want the "opportunities".  Why Teresa was so greedy she begrudged them the opportunity probably has far more to do with Melissa has always had the bigger house and Teresa resents that HER brother's money was spent on his wife instead of her.  In retrospect had the Gorga/Wakiles not come on the show the Giudices would have faded into the background as bankrupt and having no real storyline.  Sure Teresa had a show dependent best-selling cookbook but had they brought the twins and Amber on instead of her kin she would have faded into obscurity albeit kicking and screaming.  Might have saved her a trip to court of federal fraud, wire fraud and bankruptcy charges as well.

• Love 3

Andy says Teresa "knew" yet Melissa and Kathy both said that they weren't allowed to tell her and that they signed on a Friday and started filming right afterward, either on a Monday or for the Christening. So yes, once Teresa saw the production schedule, she knew.  But Teresa not "knowing" and having a few days to find out are basically the same thing.  Andy isn't exactly the bastion of truth. Danielle forced him to acknowledge that she was asked back and that she refused to do so on her one-on-one after months of Bravo prevaricating that "they had no plans on bringing Danielle back."  Andy likes to play with words as much as the rest of them.  They are all a bunch of liars and thieves.  Well Andy might not be a thief, except of my spare time.

I agree that Teresa and her problems with Melissa have a lot to do with the way that Joe spends money on Melissa. Whether Teresa felt jealous or protective of Joe or both, I don't know.  I don't like Melissa - I think she's a phony.  We don't see a lot of, "Thank you Jesus" anymore, thank goodness. I think she is as materialistic as Teresa. I think Caroline hit the nail on the head with two sides of the same coin. Joe was the little prince in that family, and Teresa and her mom were going to find fault with the woman he brought home, no matter who it was.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 4

Melissa claimed that Teresa never invited them on the show and didn't want to share the fame, and Teresa said that wasn't true, that Bravo had cut them from scenes. She said she had introduced them at her house warming. At Milania's christening extravaganza with the Marie Antoinette servers, Melissa and Joe are seen in the background, and then at Gia's limo birthday party Melissa is seen on the steps greeting her. Melissa was at filmings. Bravo wasn't interested in her.

Rumor had it for a long time that she and Joe Gorga got drunk one night and made a video dressed as gangsters and promised to bring the dirt against Teresa if they would put them on the show. Who knows.

But when they were cast, Teresa had filed already for bankruptcy. The rest of the original cast was not going to talk about it. Danielle had said something on the reunion the season before about Teresa not visiting the nephew in the hospital which made Teresa go gorilla and push Andy back in the chair, and Andy's ears are sharp enough to realize that the acrimony between the families was worth bringing on the family.

Melissa may have claimed that Teresa wouldn't talk to them without cameras, but at the Gorga baptism, she said that Teresa already congratulated them at the church, so why was she coming over again. They were mad because she felt Teresa was horning in on their camera time. There is no way the Gorgas acted appropriately at that baptism party. Even if Teresa was only talking to them on camera or horning in on their time, the way Joe Gorga behaved was atrocious. That was not a good entrée into the show. No matter how selfish and horrible Teresa may be.

That is exactly what we saw on the show so how they all deny it has always been mind boggling to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Joe and Melissa didn't just want to be in background shots they want the "opportunities". Why Teresa was so greedy she begrudged them the opportunity probably has far more to do with Melissa has always had the bigger house and Teresa resents that HER brother's money was spent on his wife instead of her. In retrospect had the Gorga/Wakiles not come on the show the Giudices would have faded into the background as bankrupt and having no real storyline.

Greedy or not, how does Theresa control what production turns into a story line or not? How does she force them to show her brother and SIL (rhetorical questions)? She invited them to filmed events and they were looked over. The whole Gorga plot line with evil Theresa preventing them from getting their piece of the pie never made sense to me. And here we are a few seasons later, with the ability to focus on them and we get fake groundbreaking scenes on a house I'm betting will never be built. Melissa had her chance to be a "pop star" and here she is years later still making "guest hosting" appearances at trashy Jersey shore clubs. Maybe Bravo was right way back then, when it comes to the Gorga's, there's just not that much there.

• Love 7

Greedy or not, how does Theresa control what production turns into a story line or not? How does she force them to show her brother and SIL (rhetorical questions)? She invited them to filmed events and they were looked over. The whole Gorga plot line with evil Theresa preventing them from getting their piece of the pie never made sense to me. And here we are a few seasons later, with the ability to focus on them and we get fake groundbreaking scenes on a house I'm betting will never be built. Melissa had her chance to be a "pop star" and here she is years later still making "guest hosting" appearances at trashy Jersey shore clubs. Maybe Bravo was right way back then, when it comes to the Gorga's, there's just not that much there.

I think Teresa and Joe's financial problems probably scared the shit out the Gorgas and made them happy now that there isn't much there, especially after the comments that Juicy Joe taught Joe Gorga everything he knew..  They are never going to build that house. The only problem for the Gorgas is that the show is probably their only real source of income these days.  I hope they are saving their paychecks.

• Love 4

I've never really cared one way or the other who started or who was responsible for the Melissa-Teresa fight, or been able to form an opinion about it (and this is after skimming through endless pages of TWOP discussion about sprinkle cookies and christenings....) I think Melissa and Teresa are, in most if not all ways, two sides of the same coin. On the most basic level, Melissa's problems with Teresa stemmed from Teresa's sudden (and in her opinion, undeserved) fame after the table flip. On a deeper level, I think it's about issues stemming from Joe Gorga marrying a second-generation or third-generation Italian-American - an American woman of Italian origin - and not an Italian immigrant or child of Italian immigrants, and the intense rivalries that happen among first-generation American siblings over comparative class and affluence, etc. I relate to this, more distantly, since my grandfather and great-aunt - first generation American children of Russian Jews who grew up in Newark in a Yiddish-speaking, lower-middle-class household - ended up having intense economic jealousy when my grandfather became a doctor and married my grandmother, who came from a more Americanized, affluent background. It's a quite common dynamic among children of immigrants from anywhere. Melissa has more going for her than Teresa on paper; she's more intelligent, better-educated, and more worldly, in spite of the racy or questionable aspects of her past (juvenile shoplifting and working as a bartender at a low-rent Hooters in Elizabeth.) Prior to Season 6, I think Melissa was the only cast member who completed a Bachelor's degree. Ultimately, however, both Melissa and Teresa are petty and jealous, even if you can make general statements about their particular brand of pettiness; e.g. that Melissa always plays the victim and Teresa never lets anything go.

I agree that Melissa was never TV-worthy save her rivalry with Teresa, which was stretched out for three seasons. During Season 3, Bravo took advantage of Melissa's inexperience with reality TV and encouraged her/allowed her to paint herself in this laughably unappealing way - as this barefoot Christian wife inundated with poison in the bedroom. Melissa clearly thought she was coming off well, and the gap between her intentions and the effect made her reality TV gold. Now that she's wiser to how to present herself on television, Melissa has no more interest as a TV performer.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 11

I think Teresa and Joe's financial problems probably scared the shit out the Gorgas and made them happy now that there isn't much there, especially after the comments that Juicy Joe taught Joe Gorga everything he knew..  They are never going to build that house. The only problem for the Gorgas is that the show is probably their only real source of income these days.  I hope they are saving their paychecks.

Amen. I think they're next on the chopping block ...they are/were awfully shady in their fake lifestyle too.

• Love 4

I agree that Teresa and her problems with Melissa have a lot to do with the way that Joe spends money on Melissa. Whether Teresa felt jealous or protective of Joe or both, I don't know. I don't like Melissa - I think she's a phony. We don't see a lot of, "Thank you Jesus" anymore, thank goodness. I think she is as materialistic as Teresa. I think Caroline hit the nail on the head with two sides of the same coin. Joe was the little prince in that family, and Teresa and her mom were going to find fault with the woman he brought home, no matter who it was.

And speaking of Caroline, isn't it funny all the commentary she had regarding the Gorga/Juicy fued yet here we are a few seasons later watching her and her disgusting daughter tear to shreds prince Albie's girlfriend because she's pretty. She may be a Mensa member for all they know but too much "tits and ass" is too hard to get past. I always thought those Manzos were hypocrites.

• Love 3

Ugh, I don't want to hear about the Manzo drama on the reunion. Jac is nuts. I mean, the best way to solve a family dispute is obviously to air your grievances publicly on social media (including your sister-in-law's boss), calling for sides and making veiled threats  with the help of your deadbeat adult daughter (what?!). And yeah, it is sad that she hasn't seen Nicholas, but is she supposed to pick up the phone and speak to a kid who can't spontaneously verbalize? Is she supposed to show up at the house randomly so that Jac can call the police on her? I guess I sympathize with Dina because of my own toxic family. Getting an order of protection against a family member makes family gatherings really awkward, trust me. I think Dina should continue to keep her distance.

I think there are probably 10,000 ways and opportunities by now where Dina could have met her nephew.  If she wants to make it her way or the highway then she is the one who forgoes the relationship.  She can't now turn around and chastise her family members for failure to engage with her child when she has steadfastly refused to associate or communicate with the very family members she announced quite publicly, she holds wakes and funerals for in her head. To further complicate things she insists on beating the Teresa Giudice drum-a person who has shunned her family as well (thank God for small favors).  Somehow two years after the child was christened Dina found it necessary to come back in her life (television exposure)-how much is probably subject to one of those-"I have a picture of her and pray every night" answers.  To hear Dina talk of Godparents and family and then refuse to speak with them makes me think she is totally screwed up.  Generally, when I see someone having a fall out with several sibs and they are in the process of filing for divorce I kind of have to think perhaps they are difficult to deal with and bring the toxicity to the relationships.

• Love 4

Dina wrote that in her blog-she holds funerals for people in her head for people she no longer speaks to.  Andy asked-something like even family and she answered-wakes.  So yeah, I think she is the most passive aggressive person I have seen in a very long time.  Jacqueline, and rightfully so takes a lot of crap for answering questions on Twitter but Dina is no angel.  Last month she wished someone's doctor would replace the Botox with rat poison in response to a Jacqueline question.  At the Reunion she  went on to say that she invited her family to Lexi's graduation and would not entertain a sitdown and thought they should just attend and everything would go back to the way it was (before the big freeze out by Dina).  Easy things to throw out when there is no one to speak for the other side-just the way Dina likes it.  I always remember it is Teresa who made public the family discord.

Again if Lexi wants to see her uncle and aunt she should call them at have lunch with them-she is an adult.  She can't expect them to show up at her Ice Queen mother's summons and pretend or leave his wife at home.

I missed the first look, but she said that?! Oy.

• Love 4

Dina wrote that in her blog-she holds funerals for people in her head for people she no longer speaks to.  Andy asked-something like even family and she answered-wakes. 

To me, the worst part of that was how she laughed, and laughed hard, after saying her "joke." I think she thought what she said was really funny, but no one else did. But more than anything, it says something about her, and her feelings about her family, that she tells jokes about such a sad situation.

• Love 8

Jac's a nut.  I don't blame Dina for not wanting to be around her.  But I think they should all be able to be together for family gatherings without getting into any fights.  Jeez they are adults.  And Chris is her brother who has a special needs child and a nut for a wife.  Dina can afford right now to be the bigger person.  But we don't know the whole story.

Nutty inlaws put heavy demands on their spouses.  And I can see Jac saying, "Well if she won't talk to me, then you can't talk to her." Or being petty and crazy when they are together.  But Dina isn't talking to Caroline either. And Caroline isn't talking to some other brother either - one in CT? I think that whole Laurita clan has issues.

The one I feel sorry for is Chris. I think he suffers daily, struggling with Nick and with that nut of a wife and his pain in the ass sisters and that mope of a freeloading asshat hanging around.

• Love 16

Jac's a nut.  I don't blame Dina for not wanting to be around her.  But I think they should all be able to be together for family gatherings without getting into any fights.  Jeez they are adults.  And Chris is her brother who has a special needs child and a nut for a wife.  Dina can afford right now to be the bigger person.  But we don't know the whole story.

Nutty inlaws put heavy demands on their spouses.  And I can see Jac saying, "Well if she won't talk to me, then you can't talk to her." Or being petty and crazy when they are together.  But Dina isn't talking to Caroline either. And Caroline isn't talking to some other brother either - one in CT? I think that whole Laurita clan has issues.

The one I feel sorry for is Chris. I think he suffers daily, struggling with Nick and with that nut of a wife and his pain in the ass sisters and that mope of a freeloading asshat hanging around.

Wait, It is all Jacs fault that Dina froze Chris/Jac, Caroline/family and Teresa/family out for 2 years? It was Jacs fault that Dina let the Felon back into her life but kept her family out? And that makes Jac the crazy one? LOL In my world, that makes Dina the crazy one! Even Dina admits that Jac has reached out to her and wants to talk things out, Dina also admits that she does NOT want to do that. She just wants everyone to FORGET why they are fighting, which suggests to me that Dina is to blame for most of this and NOT Jac/Chris/Caroline! Also, she is hurt/upset that Chris did not go to Lexis graduation party but thinks it is ok that she never reached out to him after Nick was diagnosed! That is some twisted logic she has going on there, much like Teresa's brand of logic! LOL

• Love 9