Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I thought Dina's remark was also directed toward Juicy.  Like HE didn't take care of his wife, asking her to sign this and that and putting her in a position to get in trouble. 

Of course, Teresa most certainly knew some of what was going on, but she is not sharp and I'm sure Joe knows that too. jeo certainly didn't care for Teresa or look out for her by getting into all these schemes which resulted in fraud. 

Seems Dina thinks Teresa is an idiot who needs to be taken care of. 

And of course, her remark was also directed at the  legal team, who Dina obviously felt did not do something right. 

Remember when Joe Gorga yelled at Teresa saying "I'm not gonna stick with scum like you" and that sounded so harsh and ugly. Over the top to yell at your sister on camera.  

Uh, apparently Joe Gorga had inside information. Looking back, pretty accurate. 

Joe Gorga, the Voice of Reason. 

• Love 6

Interesting too to see how seethingly angry Teresa appears to be towards Andy Cohen, seizing at any opportunity to somehow blame Bravo for the super mess she and her husband got themselves into.  So she oozes anger towards Andy and he continues to enable her by letting her get away with her walkabouts and other endless BS.  All of this gives the impression that the crimes committed are somehow subjective and not really serious--that is/was kind of random government over-reach that brought the Giudice party crashing down.  Because Joe and Tre's old school entrepreneurial spirit operates out of the box -- like Apollo Nida, they can't be contained by the time-space continuum. Add the dawders and the fambly and it's all ... Bravo's fault!

Good for Mrs. Pieri, who, as I recall, was, what?, basically given away by her father to another family when she was a little girl because it was convenient to do so?  I know that Richie isn't well liked, and I totally get why, but I think that Kathy and Rosie are solid.  Kathy comes across as phony sometimes because I think she's in a hard spot -- I don't really doubt that she cares for her cousin but after the crappy way she's been treated by Teresa over and over again -- with a weird icy contempt -- I can't blame her for secretly kind of digging this plot twist.  It's just human nature and probably something she takes to the Confessional.  I know I would have to. 

I thought she was given by one sister to another because the latter couldn't have children.

• Love 4

It just occurred to me that Teresa is accustomed to walking away from things that she doesn't want to hear like this conversation about her legal issues. So okay, just get up and walk out on a show you're being paid a great deal of money to attend AND to participate in. Andy let her because it makes for great drama. But what will Teresa do in Federal prison when she happens to be with other inmates and she doesn't like the way they're talking about her?  Where's she going to go, the bathroom?

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 3

I give her a lot of breaks for walking off the set. She was sentenced to prison 4 days earlier. I'm sure she was still in shock and dealing with all those emotions. To then sit and hear her nasty ugly cousin in law bring things up again and hear her aunt's reaction had to be painful. Sure the aunt was right, doesn't mean it shouldn't hurt Theresa to hear it.

Criminals do have feelings too and its most clear now during the reunion shes embarrassed around her family and while I feel no sympathy for them going to jail, I am going to give both of them some slack for how they reacted during the reunion and they stupid WWHL interview they did the day of court. Hopefully they remember these feelings 5 years from now when they are trying to rebuild their lives.

What I am pissed about is why does Jac get to go back on the show, stir up all kinds of shit, run her immature mouth on twitter, but then not have to face the music like the rest of them at the reunion? I give even less fucks about the Manzo/Laurita fued than i do about the Juicy sentence, but the fact that Jac is involved makes me lean faaaaaar to the side of Dina. Jac is a fucking lunatic and Chris should have reigned her in long ago.

I also wonder if that was the first time Teresa was seeing that clip of Kathy, Richie, Rosie and their Mom.  As you said, she was still in shock at the point of the taping of the Reunion.  I can totallly understand how that could have upset her, if that was the first time she saw that, and I don't blame her for walking off and trying to keep her composure.  She didn't scream, curse, flip a table (or Andy).  She didn't insist that they NOT discuss it (the way Ramona from RHNY did about her marriage).  She removed herself from the situation, and allowed them to discuss it, just without her there.  She was not part of the scene they were discussing, even thought the scene was about her.  I think she was trying to be the better person in that one situation, escpecially given that she knew that more of this would be discussed once Joe and the rest of the men came on set. 

I know Teresa and Joe are guilty and they never should have done what they did, but it's done and they will serve the time and punishment that the judge felt was appropriate.  Whether they learn from it, or show remorse is entirely up to them. 

Actually, I feel that Andy is absolutely milking this for all it is worth, and he is intentionally trying to get her to snap by humiliating her even more.

(I also think that Teresa may have had some "pharmaceutical assistance" during the filming of the reunion.)

As far as Jac not showing at the Reunion, I wonder if that may have been one of the terms that Dina set forth when she found out that Jac would be filming.  Jac's part on this season wasn't even what I would call "friend of" status - it was more like "friend of a friend (Kathy)" status, so I, for one, was glad she wasn't at the Reunion.  Her crying without tears, pointy fingers and screaming insults are something I'm glad I won't have to see.

• Love 9

I know Teresa and Joe are guilty and they never should have done what they did, but it's done and they will serve the time and punishment that the judge felt was appropriate.  Whether they learn from it, or show remorse is entirely up to them.

Actually, I feel that Andy is absolutely milking this for all it is worth, and he is intentionally trying to get her to snap by humiliating her even more.

If Teresa was a real actress promoting a movie, and Andy was asking her personal questions that had nothing to do with the movie, I would totally agree with you. Even if it was an interview about Teresa's cookbook, I would say that personal questions are below the belt and rude. However, this entire reality show is about the real lives of the women on the show. In that venue, Andy's questions were fair. Teresa put her life out there as a show. If I recall correctly, she signed on for another season after she knew she was in serious legal trouble, and consented with that to having the entire fiasco on tape for the whole world to see. When you sign on for a show about yourself after you know estranged family members are on there too, you have to be prepared for personal questions about the situation. This is not Andy's fault. All these women volunteered. If they are humiliated, its because they put their trash up on the screen for others to look at and comment on. After 6 seasons, Teresa knew what Andy's priorities and motives were. She wanted the money, so she signed another contract anyway.

• Love 9

lunastartron -- I think you're right about the Mrs. Pieri handoff -- all I recall is her talking about being walked to someone else's house as a little girl and given away.  Rough business.  Thank you for setting me straight. 

I am one who would like to see Teresa keep it parked on the sofa and stick it out during the Reunions at this point.  Find a way to answer without losing it, going for the jugular, and getting physical but, given that this is Teresa, yeah, baby steps on keeping it together. Her appetite for full-on blood sport seems to have evaporated awhile ago.  Progress.

I wish Andy would ask her to illustrate how Bravo has caused heartache for her immediate (Giudice) family but can understand why he doesn't or won't -- and why if he has we don't get to see it. She's always been Miss Proactive, Salt of the Earth, Hardworking Soccer Mom-Money Making Everywoman when it suits her.  And then this wilted, passive, befuddled, kept in the dark victim when the going gets rough.  It's always someone else's fault and, in her mind, she always either too smart and tough or too innocent to know any better. Classic grifter act. 

I am convinced that if she could find a way to do so, she would completely throw Joe under the bus at this stage to avoid jail time. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 8

Kathy tweeted something back to Dina and Kathy also tweeted that she invited the entire RHONJ cast to her book launch and none of them came.  

Bwah! lolololol--Can this woman possibly be more embarrassing???!!!! Gold!

• Love 11

Caroline even let it slip that the only way Dina would be willing to mend fences with Chris is if he left his wife. Wow.

I watched WWHL last night and was appalled to hear that Dina wanted Caroline and Chris to choose between her and Jacqueline. Like, what? That's such a strong accusation that I don't think that Caroline is lying. I did read years ago that other siblings are estranged from Caroline and Chris (not just Dina), so clearly there's a clusterfuck of drama going on there that isn't just about Dina. I hope these people figure this shit out sooner rather than later.

Also, seeing how Lexi was called right after Lauren got engaged, I really hope she's invited to the wedding even if Dina isn't. I just feel for the cousins who are caught up in this BS.

One of the twins made a comment to Amber about her nose. Was she implying Amber had a nose job? because it looks exactly the same to me. I'm getting a real vicious undertone from those twins, don't like them at all.  

They are just nasty. I don't get why they are so angry or why they are so damn loud. If this show comes back, I hope they aren't invited to stay in the cast. As much as I can't stand Jim, the twins are just as irritating as him. Their voices alone make me want to plug my ears in frustration.

I didn't think it was a huge deal that Teresa walked away. She said they could continue the conversation, but she didn't want to be apart of it. Fair enough. I did laugh at the fact that she still had a mic on in the bathroom and the way she said, 'Look, a penny!'. Oh, Teresa.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 3

And while I agree that Teresa and Joe have gotten their sentence and will do their time, I would like to see some contrition.  As a viewer of these Housewives shows, I tuned in to see lives of people that I wouldn't normally rub shoulders with.  Teresa and Joe are nobodies and would NEVER have been cast if it weren't for the fraud.  They needed the big house, the cars, the vacations, the surgeries, the over the top shopping trips to make themselves appealing for the show.  And I invested in them.  But it was all a pack of lies.  And now I feel a little cheated. So I'd like to hear some level of authentic contrition, but I don't think she feels it or gets it.  And I don't believe for one minute that when they get out of the jail that they won't be right back at it.

I wish I could give 5 'thumbs up' to this....you've summed it up perfectly.

Teresa sat on that couch throughout the reunion with the biggest pout on her puss! 

I don't give a rats ass if her heart 'was beating 500'.  All she has to do to stop it all is just admit it...for once...just admit she did what she's already pled guilty to and be done with it. I don't even like the bitch AT ALL yet  would be totally satisfied if I could hear JUST ONE sincere admission and apology...

Most of us, by the time we are emotional adults (as opposed to simply reaching the threshold of chronological adulthood) have a sense of self awareness/ethics/conscience and the stones to suck it up and admit when we are/have done wrong. 

It sucks knowing you've been a total douche and owe someone an apology; it's rather humiliating to face that person and deliver said apology, sincerely, humbly, and (most importantly) truthfully...been  there, done that...but the feeling you get when you recognize that, because of the process of recognizing and publicly admitting your guilt/fault, you have become a better human being is the BEST feeling ever...something that I do believe Teresa will NEVER have the privilege of experiencing. Her loss.

• Love 5

I just realized that the only reason I ever watched the show was to hate on Teresa. Now that she'll be thrown in the clink for a little more than a year, I don't think there will anyone on RHNJ that's worth hating anymore. The twins, Teresa and Nicole are just way too dumb (dumb beyond words) .....and that gets old. Amber (and her ugly husband with his cheesy family commercials) is just too obnoxious.... and that gets old. Dina is too smug...... and that gets old.

I think that maybe Milania or Rosie would be  the only personalities that I could sit for an hour watching. Rosie is dumb, but it's funny watching her try not to sound it. I can almost hear the squeaking of her brain trying to put full cohesive sentences together. (but she tries) She's really not too obnoxious and she can't even spell the word 'smug'. I think there should be a Bravo show called "Everything's Coming Up Rosie" Who knows, we might even get to see Rosie clean someone's clock, just deck some bad guys the Hell out cold. That would be fun. And Milania, oh gosh the scenarios with Milania interacting with adults and other kids might just be the personality that I could hate even more than her momma. Come on Bravo, make my day. I think "Meet Milania" sounds like a sure winner.

Just a p.s. here.....One of my favorite moments on 'Reunion' was brief but priceless. It was when Teresa got up and walked off the set in a huff. It was either Tweedle-Dumb or Tweedle Dumber that said in a whisper to the other "it's a beautiful dress".  That's about as deep as her thoughts go, and why Teresa stormed out didn't matter.

I know! The twins only take away from the whole walking off the set situation was that Tre's dress was beautiful, which it was btw.

Seriously loving the idea of "Meet Milania" or "Everything's coming up Rosie."  Hello Andy, your viewers are doing your work for you!

• Love 2

becauseIsaidso -- I'm with you on all of what you wrote.  I think Teresa refuses to do any of that because she's still trying to figure out how to get out of this pickle.  I think she's still holding out hope that, if she says as little as possible and continues to plead ignorance, something will work out in her favor.  Rational folks know that that ain't going to happen at this stage, but I think she's dumb and entitled enough to either have talked herself into it or have someone else walk her into that fantasy land. 

Anyone who dares to ask her to address the matter becomes the enemy.  And anyone who acknowledges that what she and Joe were up to is a felony a few times over is someone who has to be shut down and shamed.  She's not going to get it until that series of doors is locked behind her and she's forced to deal with other women in similar straits.  And even then it's going to be a tough slog for her.  

• Love 5

I also wonder if that was the first time Teresa was seeing that clip of Kathy, Richie, Rosie and their Mom.  As you said, she was still in shock at the point of the taping of the Reunion.  I can totallly understand how that could have upset her, if that was the first time she saw that, and I don't blame her for walking off and trying to keep her composure.  She didn't scream, curse, flip a table (or Andy).  She didn't insist that they NOT discuss it (the way Ramona from RHNY did about her marriage).  She removed herself from the situation, and allowed them to discuss it, just without her there.  She was not part of the scene they were discussing, even thought the scene was about her.  I think she was trying to be the better person in that one situation, escpecially given that she knew that more of this would be discussed once Joe and the rest of the men came on set. 

(I also think that Teresa may have had some "pharmaceutical assistance" during the filming of the reunion.)

As far as Jac not showing at the Reunion, I wonder if that may have been one of the terms that Dina set forth when she found out that Jac would be filming.  Jac's part on this season wasn't even what I would call "friend of" status - it was more like "friend of a friend (Kathy)" status, so I, for one, was glad she wasn't at the Reunion.  Her crying without tears, pointy fingers and screaming insults are something I'm glad I won't have to see.

Teresa got up BEFORE they played the video I believe. Andy asked Kathy about it before it was shown and Teresa got up then. They are given the episodes BEFORE they are aired so Teresa would have seen it before her sentencing date and before the reunion was filmed.

• Love 2

becauseIsaidso -- I'm with you on all of what you wrote.  I think Teresa refuses to do any of that because she's still trying to figure out how to get out of this pickle.  I think she's still holding out hope that, if she says as little as possible and continues to plead ignorance, something will work out in her favor.  Rational folks know that that ain't going to happen at this stage, but I think she's dumb and entitled enough to either have talked herself into it or have someone else walk her into that fantasy land. 

Anyone who dares to ask her to address the matter becomes the enemy.  And anyone who acknowledges that what she and Joe were up to is a felony a few times over is someone who has to be shut down and shamed.  She's not going to get it until that series of doors is locked behind her and she's forced to deal with other women in similar straits.  And even then it's going to be a tough slog for her.  

I think they reason Teresa doesn't want to talk about or have the other cast members talk about it on air is the concern over possible future civil lawsuits.  I'm sure that there will be suits brought by people she and Joe have ripped off over the years.

• Love 2

At this point,  what does she have to lose?  I would have walked away too - truthfully, I don't know that I would have even shown up.  She had to figure it was going to be all about her, and she is clearly strained.  Yes, it's in her contract I'm sure, but what's Bravo going to do?  Sue her?  Good luck. 

Melissa, it seems, had alot she wanted to say but held her tongue.   When Melissa  becomes the reasonable, mature one, it doesn't say much for the rest of them.  But good for her for not engaging.

Teresa showed up because she needed the paycheck Bravo was holding until she participated in the reunion in order to pay the $200,000 she was supposed to pay at sentencing.   

Melissa scored brownie points with me last night..........especially when she pushed Dina to finish what she started to say.  Dina was either too flustered to remember or she chickened out when being put on the spot.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

It's kind of funny that the woman people wanted back for her cool, zen demeanor turns out to be the nastiest, most bat shit crazy of all of them. It's strange to think maybe Danielle wasn't the biggest loon on her season after all. I truly dislike one of my in-laws but I've never visualized her wake, I just stay away from her. Silly me.

• Love 9

It's kind of funny that the woman people wanted back for her cool, zen demeanor turns out to be the nastiest, most bat shit crazy of all of them. It's strange to think maybe Danielle wasn't the biggest loon on her season after all. I truly dislike one of my in-laws but I've never visualized her wake, I just stay away from her. Silly me.

That was an odd statement.  Who visualizes a family member's death?  I have a sister-in-law that I dislike, but I'm never rude to her and have never spoken harshly to her because I value my relationship with my brother and nieces.  They are more important to me than my SIL's crazy.

• Love 4

That was an odd statement. Who visualizes a family member's death? I have a sister-in-law that I dislike, but I'm never rude to her and have never spoken harshly to her because I value my relationship with my brother and nieces. They are more important to me than my SIL's crazy.

Apparently your SIL isn't Jac. I don't know how anyone could stand to be around that nutjob. You have to think on the flip side, if a person would rather cut off their brother and nephew than be around his wife, how awful must she be? We've seen her on what I'd hope is her best behavior on tv, can you imagine her in private? Remember this is the nut that punched her SIL on the face for making comments she didnt like. Maybe Dina should follow Jac's lead and knock her out and then they can move on like nothing ever happened.

• Love 7

With how lacquered down Tre's hair was I'm trying to figure out if this look is the first day unwashed or the fourth day unwashed part of the cycle.......

My guess is 4th day unwashed! Most likely she had it done the day before sentencing, then kept it that way through the reunion filming.

• Love 1

I flat-out don't believe Don Caroline about Dina seriously making a relationship with Chris conditional on him leaving Jac.  Now, I can believe Dina blurting something like that out, but I don't believe it to be something truly serious, just a statement made in anger.  Caroline can lower her voice even more and pull on her Sincere Bulldog sad-jowl face and I still won't believe her.  As much lying as Dina has done, Don Caro has done her same share, and the idea that she's a beacon of truth because she's a fat-breasted, boundary-free mom to her despised daughter, Albie and the other one doesn't hold for me and never will.  However, I have no compunction whatsoever about writing that Chris, Chris Jr. and Nicholas's lives would probably be a hell of a lot easier if Chris ixnayed that marriage and amscrayed the hell away from the Whorish Easter Island head that is Jac, and split custody.  That is obviously not feasible because of the bankruptcy issues Chris Laurita is facing - he's had basically 'fuck my life' written across his face as a general rule, before Nicholas regressed and was diagnosed.  He is married to an unbelievably unstable and immature crap-pile, and life is damned short unless you're Chris L. and are staring at the greasy balloon-head tweeting like a fucking maniac on the king-sized pillow next to yours.  Then every day must feel like 500 years, but without much joy.  

The less said about the twins, the better.  Ha, just kidding!  I am loving all of the descriptions of Thing 1's foobs in her wannabe goddess gown.  They are mean, petty, stupid, illogical, hard-faced, hard-hearted, squeaky-voiced pieces of shit.  They added grossness to a show that has featured Richie Fucking Wakile, and that's no mean feat.

Kathy may be entitled to feel burned or glee at Teresa's punishment.  But I hate an insincere bitch trying to show her 'care' and 'compassion' through her smirk and her coming on the show to get her piece (and eat it many times over a la mode.  Mangia, Kathy.  Maybe Richie can turn his witticisms about Victoria's college peers and 'enjoying the meal plan' on your always-silent in the face of his misogyny fat fucking ass) while insisting she cares.  No.  Fuck her.  She adds nothing to this circus.  I really LOL'd at the tweet about no one coming to her book party/sad cannoli horns.  Wah-wah.  And Rosie - who I like in combo with Joe Giudice; those two foolios make TV magic together - can shut the fuck up about 'people' needing to let Twitter go.  Some TWoP genius described Rosie as the out-of-control chained-up monster in the basement when she raged during that past reunion about killing Teresa for daring mention Mr. Pieri.  She's a crazy fucking beast with significant social problems that we've collectively decided are too uncomfy to look at closely.  I'm happy she's out and proud but she is scary and has a lot of insecurity and mismanaged rage, and I'm glad the nice seeming woman she was dating or 'dating' got away.  But I would welcome the Rosie and Milania Comedy Showcase, too (with guest appearances by Joe and the girls until his time comes).

The other stuff - what can one say?  Dina's not zen, and apparently not much of a stylist (though I too appreciate that she does not immediately panic and decide to show her chest at every single opportunity).  Teresa G. will never be able to proffer an apology; I think the comments about her perspective being tied into some very old ideas as posted upthread by copacabana  is likely very true.  I'm not saying it exonerates her but that theory is easy to understand, at least to me.  Teresa may be able to acknowledge this when she completes her sentence, and rededicate herself anew to her girls, and possibly ending what's turned out to be a bad union for both the Giudices.  I don't know, just spitballing here.    And....Melissa Who?  And Amber - whatever.  Keep fucking that chicken, I guess.  (/tm Ernie Anastos, pride of NYC newscasters).

• Love 12

Dina must be a long lost member of my family.  People stop talking to other people (including their own parents) for 5-10 years at a time, meet up at a funeral, pick up as if nothing happened.  Maybe it's an Irish thing.  However, social media has never been involved -- it won't work if you're constantly picking at the wound.

This is common among adults.  You choose to disassociate from someone but when you have to be together, opt for gracious and pleasant without bringing up the dispute.  However, the housewife standard is to wait until there's a big event, then cause a huge scene over whatever perceived slight is currently at the top of your crazy list.  I've found most normal people understand what is going on.  Most crazy people use the fact that the person was polite as more fuel for the fire - How could she just talk to me?  Was she trying to make me feel bad? What did she mean when she said "Hello"?  I was estranged from my mother for 20+ years.  When my sister became terminally ill, I was willing to speak with dear old mom because ti was the kind thing to do.  We still occasionally interact because of my brother's health issues.  However, all conversation is at a superficial level.  I am not really letting her into my life.  That lesson was learned long ago.  For people with truly toxic families, this is appropriate.  We all have a right to feel safe.  

On to more important issues, whenever they would mention Jacqueline wanting a "sit down" I would think, this isn't The Godfather.  Maybe with Teresa and Joe's pending prison terms, you shouldn't use mob language when talking about meeting with a family member.  Next thing you know there will be a horse head in someone's bed and Moe Green will have a bullet in his eye.  

• Love 8

Girl she neither alluded nor was it vague.  Richie asked her specifically what she thought about Joe and Teresa and she responded specifically, using the word fraud and everything.  Which is her right, I'm not mad at her for at all.   Auntie did everything but point to the camera.  Lol!   I just didn't get Kathy and Rosie trying to clean it up by making it sound like she was talking in general terms.  Why even go to the trouble of defending her making a comment, hell that's not a crime. 

Did she really use the word "fraud?" Good for her. As to why Kathy and Rosie tried to clean up what their mother said, it's because Teresa was right there, and they're afraid of her or her wrath, or of appearing unsympathetic. Or not catering to her Cosa Nostra demands.

• Love 3

I didn't think it was a huge deal that Teresa walked away. She said they could continue the conversation, but she didn't want to be apart of it. Fair enough. I did laugh at the fact that she still had a mic on in the bathroom and the way she said, 'Look, a penny!'. Oh, Teresa.

The funniest part of that was how she then said "find a penny," but then stopped! She couldn't remember the poem! Or she did remember, but thinking of the sentence just handed down, thought uh oh....

Find a penny, pick it up. All the day, you'll have good luck!

• Love 5

If Teresa was a real actress promoting a movie, and Andy was asking her personal questions that had nothing to do with the movie, I would totally agree with you. Even if it was an interview about Teresa's cookbook, I would say that personal questions are below the belt and rude. However, this entire reality show is about the real lives of the women on the show. In that venue, Andy's questions were fair. Teresa put her life out there as a show. If I recall correctly, she signed on for another season after she knew she was in serious legal trouble, and consented with that to having the entire fiasco on tape for the whole world to see. When you sign on for a show about yourself after you know estranged family members are on there too, you have to be prepared for personal questions about the situation. This is not Andy's fault. All these women volunteered. If they are humiliated, its because they put their trash up on the screen for others to look at and comment on. After 6 seasons, Teresa knew what Andy's priorities and motives were. She wanted the money, so she signed another contract anyway.

I agree with you, but on the other hand, I have little respect for Andy, too.

Andy, imo, loves all of the stuff that goes on off-camera with the housewives (all franchises), because to him, it equates to more ratings and more money.  I know that is the bottom line for any producer or executive producers, whatever, and as you said, and as he basically said, it is the housewife's choice to allow the cameras into their lives.

My point really, was, that Teresa and Joe were still processing the fact that they are both going to prison.  I firmly believe that neither of them thought that Teresa would be going anywhere, except maybe home arrest up until the day of sentencing.  They had just done an extensive interview with Andy, one on one, so he could see what they were going through.  She was very subdued and at times, looked visibly shaken, imo.

I honestly think that Teresa was doing her best to not fall apart and become a dripping puddle of emotional mess on the floor, and that is why she got up and walked away.  Other housewives have done it, for far less reasoning and he allowed it, so why hold Teresa to a more stringent policy than the others? 

• Love 10

This is common among adults.  You choose to disassociate from someone but when you have to be together, opt for gracious and pleasant without bringing up the dispute.  However, the housewife standard is to wait until there's a big event, then cause a huge scene over whatever perceived slight is currently at the top of your crazy list.  I've found most normal people understand what is going on.  Most crazy people use the fact that the person was polite as more fuel for the fire - How could she just talk to me?  Was she trying to make me feel bad? What did she mean when she said "Hello"?  I was estranged from my mother for 20+ years.  When my sister became terminally ill, I was willing to speak with dear old mom because ti was the kind thing to do.  We still occasionally interact because of my brother's health issues.  However, all conversation is at a superficial level.  I am not really letting her into my life.  That lesson was learned long ago.  For people with truly toxic families, this is appropriate.  We all have a right to feel safe.  

On to more important issues, whenever they would mention Jacqueline wanting a "sit down" I would think, this isn't The Godfather.  Maybe with Teresa and Joe's pending prison terms, you shouldn't use mob language when talking about meeting with a family member.  Next thing you know there will be a horse head in someone's bed and Moe Green will have a bullet in his eye.  

I agree with what you said except that Dina also said she thought everyone would just forget what happened and things would return to the way they were before SHE banished them. MY words, her meaning. It was Dina that stopped talking to her family AND Teresa but she then opened her arms to Teresa while pushing her family away all the while knowing Teresa was using that to bash them over the head. The only people that have brought up Dina on the show for the last 4-5 years have been Andy, reunions and WWHL show and Teresa, every chance she gets where she can cause them, Caroline, Chris/Jac, pain. Caroline, Chris and Jac have never said a word against or about Dina at all and their responses to questions have always been that they love her and they hope she will come back to them soon, never anything more than that until now.

• Love 2

Dina had an online soap?

She signed on to one. It's had a lot of problems actually getting anywhere, about 2 preview episodes were filmed in the beginning of the year, and the project seems dead since. The preview episodes, I still haven't seen in their entirety and what I have seen Dina wasn't in (and it seemed decent, actually) When I heard Dina was back on RH I thought maybe she would talk about it, or maybe even she signed on RH again because she had that going on too for her story. One Life to Live will always be one of my favorite shows, period, and All My Children was always my #2 soap (though I was relieved when the misery of its loooong death finally ended...), and the cast of said web soap is pretty much a Whose Who of actors from all the canceled soaps, including some of my faves from OL/AMC, so that's why I'd been following/waiting for its production. Dina isn't the only one on it not from Soaps, there were like 2 others too, but I've always assumed she must have known someone involved, because her involvement was so random to me. 

I'm not saying I don't believe Dina would ever say to Chris to leave Jac to have a relationship with her. But I do think that's probably not what she did. I tend to think Dina has basically said she'd like a relationship with Chris, she said them two had a day to meet together, but Jac doesn't want that, and Dina doesn't want Jac around. Dina said it was Jac who told Lexi maybe they would go to the graduation party and it was Jac who wanted the sit-down. Why her not Chris? Did Chris care about a sit-down? Jac pulls all the strings in that marriage, I believe because Chris just doesn't want to deal with her arguing, and Caroline excuses bad behavior from her for whatever reason, maybe to keep things good for Chris, and Dina can't deal with that so yeah, she probably doesn't want to deal with Jac... but I don't think that equates telling Chris to leave her. Caroline talking about that was laughable too me because on the few minutes I've seen of that Manzo show she and Lauren are treating the girl we're to believe Albie is seeing like crap... seemingly so just because she's pretty, saying she "doesn't fit in with the family" right after meeting her, so I'm not into Caroline talking about how anyone else is treating someone's significant other.

Kathy may be entitled to feel burned or glee at Teresa's punishment.  But I hate an insincere bitch trying to show her 'care' and 'compassion' through her smirk and her coming on the show to get her piece (and eat it many times over a la mode.  Mangia, Kathy.  Maybe Richie can turn his witticisms about Victoria's college peers and 'enjoying the meal plan' on your always-silent in the face of his misogyny fat fucking ass) while insisting she cares.

That comment by Rich will always be the worst moment of this entire series. That poor girl. Yes that girl was the age of a legal adult, but that was still a grown man picking on a kid to me, for no reason what so ever, and with zero consideration to his daughter that he put in the situation too, I don't know how good of friends they were but that's a hell of a reason to even end a good friendship.  Kathy barely addressed it and when she did it was "oh he said something stupid and that time he went too far", Andy didn't question Rich about it in general. If I remember right, Melissa was really the only one to say it was outright awful and didn't give some excuse. Even Caroline chimed in with something like well Rich had to answer to Victoria about it.  I find myself leaning the Giudice's way at times even thought they are terrible because at least they get called out for it. If Joe Giudice had said that Andy would never let it go.

I would bet Andy is disappointed Teresa walked away because I think he was hoping for a "big" reaction. He could have had the reunion at any time, he picked a few days after the sentence, not even a week, 3 days. Teresa is known for exploding, the show is basically known because of Teresa's explosions. It's been a lackluster season. I believe Andy was aiming for a "big finish" but Teresa didn't deliver.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 5

The funniest part of that was how she then said "find a penny," but then stopped! She couldn't remember the poem! Or she did remember, but thinking of the sentence just handed down, thought uh oh....

Find a penny, pick it up. All the day, you'll have good luck!

I bet that wasn't a very clensy penny or is it cleansy(?), yeah, that's it cleansy.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 2

Who doesn't have dysfunction and delusion in their world?

Me. I stay away from dysfunction at all costs. I see people, I see my life and this fucked up world for exactly what it is. No delusions there. Some people may say I'm a pessimist but I'm not. I'm just not afraid to see the truth. If I like what I see, I'm in 100%. If I don't like what I see, it's goodbye Felicia!

• Love 5

Someone asked several pages ago if anyone had looked up Terehssa'a and/or Nicole's "myrant."  I thought it was amusing that Amber came up with a definition for the word because it seems to fit Jim to a t.  

And, yes indeed, gimmipizzauoldtroll, Kathy's mother did tell that story for the cameras.  It was really sad.  She was melancholy in a matter of fact kind of way telling it.  I think they were eating in the kitchen of her dining room.  It really made me want to give her a great, big hug.  She's one of the only really likeable characters on the show and I wish we could see more of her.  She's also the one whose house I'd like to visit and eat at.  

Kathy stuck her foot in it when she mentioned to Teresa that she'd used her mother's something or other recipe  at one of Tre's book signings, and Diva Teresa of course over reacted and started fulminating because sharing the spotlight and displaying any kind of generosity towards Kathy is beyond her, but I totally believed that the old lady has an amazing in her head collection of recipes for all kinds of terrific yummies. 

HumblePi, I hear you. 15 months do go by very quickly and no doubt she will be back and will be offered plenty of cashish.  Shock or no shock -- and she has looked seriously medicated on all her recent tv appearances -- she's one lucky lady to have gotten such a light sentence.  If Bravo doesn't want her, and I would be surprised if they didn't, some other venue will snatch her up.  I hope she uses the time to do some reading and get herself a little education.  

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 3

15 months passes by very quickly and I think that Teresa will be offered a lot of money to come back to RHNJ. And we'll all be anxious to tune in to see her again.

Really? I don't think so, for me at least.  I'm finishing up this season because I am a bit anal, and I've met  her, but I have absolutely no desire to watch another season, or see her after she's sprung from the big house.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 2

Finally watched it.  I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been stated by someone else at one point or another in this thread. I don't have much sympathy for any of the women -- they are all atrocious and conniving in varying degrees.  I do feel sorry for their families, especially Jacqueline's.  Chris looks more beat down than even Joe Giudice.  His employment status is questionable, he's facing legal issues himself, his home is on shaky grounds, his wife is a nutcase who spends all her time googling people she hates and tweeting about/to them, his stepdaughter is a waste of space, his son has special needs, and his other son is... what?  Hopefully not getting neglected in all of this.

• Love 8

15 months passes by very quickly and I think that Teresa will be offered a lot of money to come back to RHNJ. And we'll all be anxious to tune in to see her again.

I agree!!  :-)

was I the only one disappointed that Amber wasn't asked abut the Lentil Season?

I hope that when it is Amber's "turn" for her Q&A session, someone will have asked that. 

It probably should have been included in the "Housewives' Mispronunciations" segment.

• Love 3

Me. I stay away from dysfunction at all costs. I see people, I see my life and this fucked up world for exactly what it is. No delusions there. Some people may say I'm a pessimist but I'm not. I'm just not afraid to see the truth. If I like what I see, I'm in 100%. If I don't like what I see, it's goodbye Felicia!

Kadooz to you! Most people aren't that in control.

• Love 1

This past season centered on Teresa, and the ratings took a nosedive. Bravo pays attention to ratings.

• Love 1

I watched WWHL last night and was appalled to hear that Dina wanted Caroline and Chris to choose between her and Jacqueline. Like, what? That's such a strong accusation that I don't think that Caroline is lying. I did read years ago that other siblings are estranged from Caroline and Chris (not just Dina), so clearly there's a clusterfuck of drama going on there that isn't just about Dina. I hope these people figure this shit out sooner rather than later.

Shocking reveal, wasn't it? I didn't get the impression that Caroline was estranged from anyone else in the family, but perhaps that was a deliberate omission on her part. She made it seem like Dina was the only one who hadn't attended their family get togethers in years.

• Love 1

I agree.

And if the ratings tanked as someone else said, I think it had more to do with those gross twins and Amber joining the cast and then being sideswiped with doses of Kathy and Jacqueline. Yuck.

I understand that Theresa committed crimes and deserves her punishment, but just think for a moment what it must be like to relive all that in the news, on television on the show and then at the reunion and how painful explaining all of it to their kids must be. But since they desperately need to earn some honest money, they don't have much choice. I know she signed up for a reality show but cannot blame her for walking off stage last night. She didn't say don't or stop talking about me and my fucked up situation, just that she wasn't going to sit there and listen to it. How much humiliation can a girl take? And it's giving Kathy, Rosie and crazy Jacqueline relevance, which must be annoying as fuck. I'd walk away, too. 

Dina may well ask Teresa questions when the cameras are away, but she doesn't speak about it publicly, which I'm sure Teresa deeply appreciates.

She's about to enter a whole new reality and it's going to be scary and awful and hard to live down, if that's even possible.  I just think it's kind of mean to spew so much hate at someone with whom we're not even personally acquainted with, but c'est la vie; to each his/her own. I also think once she's inside, Teresa is going to suck it up and hope she gets kitchen duty because then the other inmates will benefit, too, as she will try to make the food "eatable" as she might put it. (I'm a foodie and one of the worst things I can imagine when trying to imagine life in prison is how disgusting the meals must be.) 

• Love 12

In 15 months when Teresa gets out chances are she won't have the McMansion, the leases on her cars will probably be up and she will be having to plan for a truly downsized life.  There are no more mortgages available to her, no more beach house, no products to promote and I don't think Teresa really wants to be portrayed in the 4 bedroom, three bath rental with her craptastic furniture, leasing another family car to drive the girls to see Juicy.  Her contracts will be attached by the feds for 25% and of what she makes until she pays off the balance of her restitution.

I think when Teresa signed up for this season she or her attorneys probably gave Bravo assurances she would be around for a seventh season and most likely get probation if anything or even better for Bravo house arrest.  In June when her case was continued until late September I am sure there was collective panic at Bravo.  It was continued because the star refused to submit documents. Bravo was left with a short disjointed season that had a another ratings decline with Teresa as the star.  They dumped Jacqueline in favor of Dina only to have to bring her back on when the realized Dina was not going to even ask about Teresa's legal situation.  These are hard production expenses and with a shortened season it was an expensive one and the profit line dwindled.

Caroline made a comment that things were in a uproar at Bravo-well here is what you get when a network puts all the eggs in the basket of a couple of felons indicted for 41 counts of fraud.  The players could not tell the story because of Teresa's embargo-and rightfully so since she needed to be quiet until time of sentencing-I think Bravo was expecting more scenes of Teresa explaining what was going on-they got nothing.

There is a reason  Teresa claims this will probably be her last Reunion-it is not that the show will go away, it is that Teresa failed miserably to perform under a very expensive contract.  For a person who enjoyed inflicting misery in others' direction for five seasons when the table was turned she duck and took cover, hiding behind her children.  I think Bravo would have given anything to have the footage of Teresa bouncing Wendy Feldman off the wall.  Dina bailed and moved to NYC and all she can talk about is continuing a friends with benefits relationship with a husband the viewers have never seen on the show.  Teresa treated her family poorly in spite of their attempts to reach out, so who knows where their jobs stand.  For all the talk of a delightful show with Joe and Rosie I don't think they have much more than a web series in them and I cannot see Teresa giving it her blessing.

• Love 12

I agree.

And if the ratings tanked as someone else said, I think it had more to do with those gross twins and Amber joining the cast and then being sideswiped with doses of Kathy and Jacqueline. Yuck.

I understand that Theresa committed crimes and deserves her punishment, but just think for a moment what it must be like to relive all that in the news, on television on the show and then at the reunion and how painful explaining all of it to their kids must be. But since they desperately need to earn some honest money, they don't have much choice. I know she signed up for a reality show but cannot blame her for walking off stage last night. She didn't say don't or stop talking about me and my fucked up situation, just that she wasn't going to sit there and listen to it. How much humiliation can a girl take? And it's giving Kathy, Rosie and crazy Jacqueline relevance, which must be annoying as fuck. I'd walk away, too. 

Dina may well ask Teresa questions when the cameras are away, but she doesn't speak about it publicly, which I'm sure Teresa deeply appreciates.

She's about to enter a whole new reality and it's going to be scary and awful and hard to live down, if that's even possible.  I just think it's kind of mean to spew so much hate at someone with whom we're not even personally acquainted with, but c'est la vie; to each his/her own. I also think once she's inside, Teresa is going to suck it up and hope she gets kitchen duty because then the other inmates will benefit, too, as she will try to make the food "eatable" as she might put it. (I'm a foodie and one of the worst things I can imagine when trying to imagine life in prison is how disgusting the meals must be.) 

If Teresa had just cut back, downsized their lifestyle after they filed BK, paid some people back, reactions would have been different. Then after the indictments happened, she/they again refused to do the right things, downsize/pay back people. Even after they Pled Guilty, they refused to start correcting what they did. Here we are, 1 month after they were sentenced to prison and still nothing! They continue to live beyond their means, refuse to face the reality and the gravity of what they did by starting to set things right. IMO, that is why so many of us don't have any sympathy for them. Their arrogance is off the charts and I am not convinced that Teresa will ever "get it" if she keeps getting rewarded with TV shows promoting her lifestyle, the one that has been built on a foundation of criminal acts.JMO

• Love 13

This past season centered on Teresa, and the ratings took a nosedive. Bravo pays attention to ratings.

I didn't think the season centered around Teresa.  She was more low-key.  The core problem is that BRAVO made too many sweeping cast changes at one time - like they did with RHONY.

• Love 7

I didn't think the season centered around Teresa.  She was more low-key.  The core problem is that BRAVO made too many sweeping cast changes at one time - like they did with RHONY.

ITA. I don't think the season centered around Teresa. I feel like I saw way more of the twins and Amber than Teresa.

Teresa's wacky hijinks were the core of the show in other seasons.  Even when there was more focus on the Manzos, she was the monkey that would perform on demand.  People talked about the table flip.  They discuss her four beautiful daughters, whether it's the ridiculous outfits (Can we ever forget the glory of the matching pseudo gone with the wind ensembles from the Italy trip?) or their bad behavior (Milania).  They talked about her oft drunk husband.  Then we got Mel and Joe Go who only made Teresa even more the center of the show.  

This season she held back, trying not to make a complete ass of herself.  I am sure her attorneys were doing their best to counsel her on her behavior.  She is still not very bright and very capable of acting the fool.  But she didn't bring it the way she did in prior seasons.

The twins are just horrible - screechy, unpleasant, and trying way too hard to be the center of controversy.  I would be fine not seeing them, their enormous foobs, Rino's eyebrows and Bahby's desperate attempts at relevance ever again.  Amber brought the crazy through Jim, and much of that was on Twitter.  On her own, she is damn dull.  Sure, she had The (stage 1) cancer, but there's no there there, no matter how many tear-filled scenes she and Jim concocted.

So RHONJ's ratings went down because there wasn't much to watch.  I'm sure some of the drop of was people refusing to watch Teresa and Joe given that they had committed and were convicted of multiple felonies.  But the largest drop off would be that the show lost it's luster.  Even bringing back crazy Jac and somnambulists Dina and Kathy could not make this season exciting.   

• Love 4