Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

And speaking of Caroline, isn't it funny all the commentary she had regarding the Gorga/Juicy fued yet here we are a few seasons later watching her and her disgusting daughter tear to shreds prince Albie's girlfriend because she's pretty. She may be a Mensa member for all they know but too much "tits and ass" is too hard to get past. I always thought those Manzos were hypocrites.

Virtually all these people are hypocrites, one way or another, who think they're far "better" - in particularly morally, culturally, and socially - than they actually are. Dina is pretty terrible, but Melissa, of all people, also has no right to call her out on bringing family problems onto the show. She shouldn't throw stones in glass houses. I could go on and on. They all think they deserve their over-inflated lifestyles and affluence more than they actually do, and that they're paragons of family values. Juicy Joe's only redeeming value is that he's not a hypocrite, unlike everyone else on the cast; he's pretty open about being a thief and a sleazebag. I also don't think Rosie's a hypocrite; she's just a follower.

• Love 12

I can't believe how delusional Teresa is.  On the reunion she just said "I don't know if I'm going to be here" when talking about Milania's birthday in February.  

Newsflash Teresa!  You're NOT going to be home in February.  You're going to be in prison.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 18
Best of all, she makes the comment that there are murderers out there yet poor Tre gets sentenced to prison.  Maybe she'd feel differently if it were her money (not that she has any) or her shoes being stolen by Tre and Juicy.

Yeah, you know a lot of supporters of the Juicys try to say that what they did is not so bad because they only defrauded banks and of course as we all know banks are evil.  I disagree bc fraud is fraud, it doesn't make it less fraudulent bc it's not someone poor - and again, the people who defend the Juicys, how would they like it if it were their money?

• Love 3

Jac's a nut.  I don't blame Dina for not wanting to be around her.  But I think they should all be able to be together for family gatherings without getting into any fights.  Jeez they are adults.  And Chris is her brother who has a special needs child and a nut for a wife.  Dina can afford right now to be the bigger person.  But we don't know the whole story.

I agree that Jacqueline is a nut.  I used to like her but after she attacked Juicy at that one reunion (she demanded he tell her how she and Chris met, and he was like who cares but when he answered her she screamed "you're a liar!", which is so stupid because he did not even want to answer the question anyway!), it was clear how unhinged she is.  No, I am not a Juicy fan, lol. 

I have a different view regarding family gatherings, though, I do not think that people have to be together at family gatherings if they are not getting along, in fact I think it's kind of dumb to be together at certain events if you are not really getting along.  JMO.

But yeah, I agree with what a lot of people on this thread are saying about Dina, that she doesn't make 100% sense in this either.  They're all effed up in the head, lol.

• Love 4

So Dina was hurt at not being invited to Lauren's engagement party?  I'm sorry, but if certain people do not invite me to something, I'm just glad that I don't have to RSVP about not going, lol.

The kids that understand remark meant that the older kids understand, it had nothing to do with Nicolas's autism.

• Love 9

"I don't want anyone to feel bad for me."

Um, I wasn't getting that from the room.

Oh, and I can admit before everyone that I will not respect Dina's elderly parents and stop busting on Dina & family.

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 7

Oh, and I can admit before everyone that I will not respect Dina's elderly parents and stop busting on the Manzo family.

Heaven forbid that Dina respect her own elderly parents and get her ass and her family issues off this show. When she left, I had a smidgen of respect for her, but she has lost it now. Namaste, bitch.

• Love 15

I can't believe how delusional Teresa is.  On the reunion she just said "I don't know if I'm going to be here" when talking about Milania's birthday in February.  

Newsflash Teresa!  You're NOT going to be home in February.  You're going to be in prison.

THIS!!!! Holy crap!! Also, she's never hit below the belt. And has very strict rules about how family should behave. But, the world needs to know she was at Lexi's graduation party. Okay.

• Love 7

I sincerely hope so, although the second comment she made kinda makes me want to go with my original interpretation. Yes, Nicholas can't spontaneously verbalize. He isn't like other kids. But he's her nephew and no one was asking her to "heal" him. Maybe she was interpreting Andy's question in light of her work with her charity? I don't know.

I actually think that Dina meant that in a nice way, but that's just me.  But I will say that I am NOT "Team" anyone in this fight, they are all effed up in the head.

But I do know that Dina meant "kids who understand" to mean the older kids, it's in one of those articles that was posted on this thread, I think. :)

OMG, I could not change that channel quickly enough - Mazo'd with Children, no thanks! lol

• Love 5

I actually think that Dina meant that in a nice way, but that's just me.  But I will say that I am NOT "Team" anyone in this fight, they are all effed up in the head.

But I do know that Dina meant "kids who understand" to mean the older kids, it's in one of those articles that was posted on this thread, I think. :)

OMG, I could not change that channel quickly enough - Mazo'd with Children, no thanks! lol

I believe what Dina was trying to say is because she has never met Nicholas he does not feel her absence in his life whereas Chris and Lexi had a relationship.  So DIna get off your ass for the sake of your daughter and start speaking with family again.

• Love 4

I think this reunion just proved that nearly everyone on RHONJ is completely delusional. Teresa doesn't believe she's going to jail and that she's a paragon of family values; Dina thinks her actions have no repercussions and that family feuds don't exist and resentment will just magically "go away"; Melissa believes she came on the show to "mend" her family problems; Kathy needs a serious makeup intervention because she looks like she's starring in A Nightmare Before Christmas; and Amber actually admits that her husband treats her as atrociously as he treats everyone else if she steps out of line and that the only thing stopping him from hitting her is that "she would clock him." I actually think Nicole and Ter-ESS-a came off pretty well; they are very strange but are perhaps a bit more "real" - in what passes for real in this cast - than the others.

As for Dina and Jacqueline's bullshit - which it is - I don't really care who started it. They're both pretty terrible in their own ways. If I were in Jacqueline's position, I would try to just be cordial to Dina, attend events dealing with our children and parents and invite her to said events, not bring up my grudges against her if not provoked, and allow her and my husband to have a relationship without my interference. If I were Dina, I would realize that family feuds do have roots in people's actions, that my actions are probably at least partially responsible for the state of the situation, give up my petty grudges, and acknowledge my brother's relationship with his wife while keeping a distance from her. If I were either, I would try to at least make a perfunctory apology, whether or not I meant it. Family members don't have to like each other, but they should at least be civil to each other for the sake of mutual relatives, if that's a factor. Unfortunately, both Dina and Jacqueline are unbelievably narcissistic, so none of this will happen, and Chris will have to continue choosing between his sister and his wife.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 9

BUT Dina could have met Nick BEFORE he regressed if had she wanted to! Also, it was not so much about her, Dina, ever meeting Nick as much as it is about her NOT reaching out to her brother after his son was diagnosed. Is she trying to convince us or the rest of their family that it didn't hurt Chris?

I had to laugh about her getting mad at Jac returning to the show......Isn't that exactly what SHE, Dina, DID? She quit the show 4+ years ago and returned. Dina getting mad at Caroline, Jac and Chris for talking about their fall out, WTH? They never brought up the subject, Dina's BFF, Teresa, did that on the show and at the reunions and Andy did on the reunions and WWHL shows, but I don't hear her yelling at them to shut up about it! 

• Love 2

Tonight's reunion was rather tame as reunions go but we still have two more segments.

I almost can't believe I'm saying this but the twins did not annoy me tonight.  That honor went to Dina.  She has the talent of a politician, i.e., she speaks and yet says nothing.  She often doesn't even complete a thought or a sentence.

So.......Amber cut 12" of her hair.  Huh?

• Love 7

Dina's hair and "costume" make her look like a dragon.

Joe Gorga loves his brother in law. Okay. And don't anybody talk about his sister. My, how people change from season to season.  

Edited by demarti
  • Love 7

Joe Gorga loves his brother in law. Okay. And don't anybody talk about his sister. My, how people change from season to season.  

Yeah, sorry but Joe and Melissa's "love" for the Juicys seems a bit pointless now, you know?  I mean they dragged on that feud for way too long, now they are over it and are the Juicys' biggest fans?  OK...

• Love 8

I hate how they (the producers, I guess) let Teresa walk off set like that. She doesn't want to face the music, so she walks off, and they say ok. Even worse is how she forbade everyone in her family to talk about the criminal stuff, and they all cater to it. Only her aunt (Kathy and Rosie's mother) alluded to it, and in an extremely general and vague way, and yet Teresa was furious and critical. They all walk on eggshells around her, and it's sickening.

The Laurita family dynamics and set of "rules" are just as dysfunctional, and Dina's hypocrisy is off-the-charts. She estranged herself from many in her family, and is then "shocked" and "heartbroken" when she isn't invited to family events? And they don't attend her events? And expecting and wanting them to just show up and pretend nothing ever happened is just so fucking lazy and immature. Apparently Jaq and Chris wanted to meet to hash things out, but this was too much work for her. She is such a phony with her eastern philosophy b.s. Namaste bitch indeed, Dina.

• Love 13

Hell would be everyone sitting around and saying how sorry they were for me. (Especially when I knew down deep it was all my fault). I can understand why Theresa is being bitchy, I couldn't take it.

• Love 5

I hate how they (the producers, I guess) let Teresa walk off set like that. She doesn't want to face the music, so she walks off, and they say ok. Even worse is how she forbade everyone in her family to talk about the criminal stuff, and they all cater to it. Only her aunt (Kathy and Rosie's mother) alluded to it, and in an extremely general and vague way, and yet Teresa was furious and critical. They all walk on eggshells around her, and it's sickening.

The Laurita family dynamics and set of "rules" are just as dysfunctional, and Dina's hypocrisy is off-the-charts. She estranged herself from many in her family, and is then "shocked" and "heartbroken" when she isn't invited to family events? And they don't attend her events? And expecting and wanting them to just show up and pretend nothing ever happened is just so fucking lazy and immature. Apparently Jaq and Chris wanted to meet to hash things out, but this was too much work for her. She is such a phony with her eastern philosophy b.s. Namaste bitch indeed, Dina.

True to form Jac is tweeting-she considers social media an extension of her reality TV job.

-Dina told her affected family members -they were dead to her and she was dead to them

-Chris invited Lexi out for dinner for graduation and she either didn't want to go or wasn't allowed.  The invitation was in lieu of attending the party without a sit down.

-Dina won't attend family functions and makes her parents split their time.

-People are upset over Dina's comments Nicholas v. Lexi.  Does Dina forget she has a nephew who was part of her life for 7 years named CJ?

https://twitter.com/JacLaurita

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 8

You're so right!

For once, I'd love to see someone say "You got what you deserved."

• Love 2

I think this reunion just proved that nearly everyone on RHONJ is completely delusional. Teresa doesn't believe she's going to jail and that she's a paragon of family values; Dina thinks her actions have no repercussions and that family feuds don't exist and resentment will just magically "go away"; Melissa believes she came on the show to "mend" her family problems; Kathy needs a serious makeup intervention because she looks like she's starring in A Nightmare Before Christmas; and Amber actually admits that her husband treats her as atrociously as he treats everyone else if she steps out of line and that the only thing stopping him from hitting her is that "she would clock him." I actually think Nicole and Ter-ESS-a came off pretty well; they are very strange but are perhaps a bit more "real" - in what passes for real in this cast - than the others.

As for Dina and Jacqueline's bullshit - which it is - I don't really care who started it. They're both pretty terrible in their own ways. If I were in Jacqueline's position, I would try to just be cordial to Dina, attend events dealing with our children and parents and invite her to said events, not bring up my grudges against her if not provoked, and allow her and my husband to have a relationship without my interference. If I were Dina, I would realize that family feuds do have roots in people's actions, that my actions are probably at least partially responsible for the state of the situation, give up my petty grudges, and acknowledge my brother's relationship with his wife while keeping a distance from her. If I were either, I would try to at least make a perfunctory apology, whether or not I meant it. Family members don't have to like each other, but they should at least be civil to each other for the sake of mutual relatives, if that's a factor. Unfortunately, both Dina and Jacqueline are unbelievably narcissistic, so none of this will happen, and Chris will have to continue choosing between his sister and his wife.

Great post--all of it--but this part that I bolded may show why Dina and Teresa get along so well - so much of this could also pertain to Teresa and her brother and her brother's wife, as well. 

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 4

Hell would be everyone sitting around and saying how sorry they were for me. (Especially when I knew down deep it was all my fault). I can understand why Theresa is being bitchy, I couldn't take it.

Right there with you. This is painful for her. She's been humiliated and she is being punished. Doesn't it ever end? She's entitled to say "I can't take anymore." She's a human being with feelings, even if she is on television. The constant battering at her makes no sense to me. She's admitted her guilt, she has to take the sentence on the chin. Don't know what more any person can expect.

Also think Dina has a point; want reconciliation, come to the party. Jac wanting a "sit-down" where old wounds are rehashed and no one can admit they're "wrong" is bs. Been to one of Jac's "sit-downs" -- she can't take criticism and drama queen's all over the place. Come to the party, congratulate Lexi -- what did Dina do exactly? Nobody knows, but it can't be that much of a thing. She reached out. That's my takeaway. YMMV.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 15

Agreed, especially the sentence in bold.  If I don't want to be around someone, I don't want to be around the person - I'm not going to be "hurt" that I'm not invited to something I wouldn't want to go to anyway.

True to form Jac is tweeting-she considers social media an extension of her reality TV job.

-Dina told her affected family members -they were dead to her and she was dead to them

-Chris invited Lexi out for dinner for graduation and she either didn't want to go or wasn't allowed.  The invitation was in lieu of attending the party without a sit down.

-People are upset over Dina's comments Nicholas v. Lexi.  Does Dina forget she has a nephew who was part of her life for 7 years named CJ?

Jacqueline is a NUT, and has to GET OFF TWITTER.  Even if this is true (which it may be), this doesn't make it all Dina's fault either. 

• Love 6

I kind of hope this blows up into a mass invitation to things with the corresponding blow off of all events by all the parties involved.

It's just so ridiculously petty and awful. It's fabulous.

• Love 4

I kind of hope this blows up into a mass invitation to things with the corresponding blow off of all events by all the parties involved.

It's just so ridiculously petty and awful. It's fabulous.

Thank you. "petty and awful" -- reality in a nutshell.

• Love 1

Agreed, especially the sentence in bold.  If I don't want to be around someone, I don't want to be around the person - I'm not going to be "hurt" that I'm not invited to something I wouldn't want to go to anyway.

Jacqueline is a NUT, and has to GET OFF TWITTER.  Even if this is true (which it may be), this doesn't make it all Dina's fault either. 

Dina is on twitter as well.  At least when they tweet they aren't subject to Bravo's editing.

• Love 1

I totally believe Jac. 

• Love 5

Right there with you. This is painful for her. She's been humiliated and she is being punished. Doesn't it ever end? She's entitled to say "I can't take anymore." She's a human being with feelings, even if she is on television. The constant battering at her makes no sense to me. She's admitted her guilt, she has to take the sentence on the chin. Don't know what more any person can expect.

Also think Dina has a point; want reconciliation, come to the party. Jac wanting a "sit-down" where old wounds are rehashed and no one can admit they're "wrong" is bs. Been to one of Jac's "sit-downs" -- she can't take criticism and drama queen's all over the place. Come to the party, congratulate Lexi -- what did Dina do exactly? Nobody knows, but it can't be that much of a thing. She reached out. That's my takeaway. YMMV.

Teresa knew she was guilty when she signed a contract requiring her presence,  Production rescheduled the season around her legal woes and part of that contract and big fat paycheck was she was to speak about the situation.  Just once maybe Teresa should apologize to the victims, viewers and co workers about her transgressions and the effects it had on her co-workers lives.  That just might be a way for it to end.  She could also maybe stop answering for other people and demanding to bee the center of attention and then walking off when the subject becomes uncomfortable for her.

Teresa could have walked away and left the Bravo paycheck on the table if she was unwilling to face the humiliation.  It is all about her greed.  Even post-conviction it consumes her.

• Love 18

She admits that Chris reached out to her but SHE did not want to "talk". No one, not even Jac, has said it was ALL Dina's fault, they have all said that they did as Dina requested them to do, back off, stay away and leave her alone, even Dina admits that is what she asked them to do. They gave her what she wanted and now it is their fault according to her! Of course, she talked smack about Caroline with Teresa ON camera but that was OK in Dina's mind. Funny, none of the others brought up Dina in any conversation first, that has always been something Teresa and Andy have done but Dina does not blast either her BFF or her boss, again, she blames her family instead. Dina is as twisted as Teresa.

• Love 3

Fugazi. That's what I think about all the people sitting on that set.

Teresa was annoyed at Andy and interjected during the Dina/Caroline/Jac conversation because he finally admitted being on a reality show strains relationships (or something like that). How many reunions has Andy asked Teresa "Why were you so opposed to having your brother and Melissa join the show?" Maybe because it would strain a relationship, and her contract wouldn't let her leave? Hmm...not like her saying that would actually ever air, but.

And no Melissa this show is not AT ALL about mending families. Quite the opposite. I did like her taking Dina to task though. Dina claims she fears no one and doesn't run from confrontation but she clearly avoided Melissa's clear, direct questioning knowing that Melissa is not going to cover for her a la Caroline or blink rapidly and lick her lips like Teresa.

Kathy and her wide eyed babe in the woods act is tiring.

• Love 8

Teresa clearly cannot process and handle the repercussions of her actions.  In her deluded mind there may still be some hope of worming her way out through an undiscovered legal loophole, prayer, relentless begging the judge to reconsider (ie. the half-way house) or some combination of the aforementioned.

I was disappointed that Teresa was able to pull her diva antics as well. She has the audacity to mandate what her family can and cannot say about her on camera? Bitch needs to STFU. She was not forced to be on this show for another season at gunpoint. She's publicly disgraced herself and will forever have to live with the repercussions. I'm just happy that *one* single member of the Gorga clan has the cajones to call out the Fraudices on their felonious ways, even if it is her kindly old aunt.

I just wish Teresa was forced to face the truth and the music for more of the reunion, but she either lies through her teeth (ie. "we're fine" regarding her cousins, I never hit below the belt, etc) or storms off the set when things get too real and she doesn't like what she hears. She deserves every single second of the discomfort she's experiencing now.

As for Dina, I was extremely disappointed Andy did used her tagline "Namaste, bitches" in an attempt at humor and failed to point out how deeply offensive it is to many. I suppose I could take some consolation that he alluded to Dina being a spiritual charlatan.

Dina started this whole riff with her family by lying about Danielle and then iced out Caroline, Jaq and Chris when the truth came out. She is the responsible party for ruining the relationships and now that siblings have been frozen out of major life events, things will likely never be the same. Even if all parties forgive, they will never forget (especially true with this bunch).

• Love 11

Teresa knew she was guilty when she signed a contract requiring her presence, Production rescheduled the season around her legal woes and part of that contract and big fat paycheck was she was to speak about the situation. Just once maybe Teresa should apologize to the victims, viewers and co workers about her transgressions and the effects it had on her co-workers lives. That just might be a way for it to end. She could also maybe stop answering for other people and demanding to bee the center of attention and then walking off when the subject becomes uncomfortable for her.

Teresa could have walked away and left the Bravo paycheck on the table if she was unwilling to face the humiliation. It is all about her greed. Even post-conviction it consumes her.

Reasonable men may differ. You see greed; I see an opportunity to make a living.

It's just not a joke to me that someone is going to JAIL because they couldn't pay their debts.

Short of haircloth and ashes, I can't imagine what would satisfy some. People are what they are and people don't change, don't see the error of their ways, even once they've been found out and exposed. It's enough for me that she was criminally prosecuted and will be punished. She owes me nothing. Any apology would be parsed to death and found wanting!

As Mary Poppins said, "I don't explain. I don't apologize."

In the immortal words of Edith Piaf, "Moi, je ne regrette rien."

I save my righteous indignation for baby rapers.

Just the way I feel. We just disagree.

• Love 13