Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

There is a moment at the reunion where Teresa clearly addresses Andy Cohen and tells him that she is glad that he is finally admitting ..... I missed that part.

What did Teresa Guidice wanted Andy to admit?

It sort of caught me by surprise that she would ask anybody to admit anything because this bitch basically lives in a made up fantasy world where she is NOT going to jail and all her debts are erased, a world in which she is completely innocent and where all the others who have wronged her would burn in the hell of her indiference. I got thinking more and more what did she wanted Andy to admit?

That the show can affect their lives, basically she, Teresa, was blaming Bravo for what happened to her/Joe/court. You know, they, Teresa/Joe, believe that had they NOT been on the NJHW show, they would NOT have been charged with any crime despite the fact that they broke multiple laws time and time again for over 10 years! The big bad Feds were picking on them just because she is on a faux "reality" show, it had nothing to due with their greed or their crimes. LOL

• Love 3

That the show can affect their lives, basically she, Teresa, was blaming Bravo for what happened to her/Joe/court. You know, they, Teresa/Joe, believe that had they NOT been on the NJHW show, they would NOT have been charged with any crime despite the fact that they broke multiple laws time and time again for over 10 years! The big bad Feds were picking on them just because she is on a faux "reality" show, it had nothing to due with their greed or their crimes. LOL

Of course it also Bravo's fault that Joe got a DUI, tried to use his brother's paperwork to get a new identity and had his license suspended over 40 times.  Teresa filed for BK about four months after the table flip first aired.  Sure there was a little fame but she managed to keep her October 2009 BK filing under wraps until June of 2010-she filmed the entire second season concealing the BK from producers during filming-her co-stars didn't even know she had filed.  By the time the BK had become public she had committed several counts of perjury and concealment by lying in open court about her assets.  I for one call happy horse crap on Teresa and Joe. 

The BK Trustee's office had filed an Objection to the Discharge during the filming of the third season. It did not take a forensic accountant to figure out these people who didn't file tax returns, lied about $250,000.00 book deals were a couple of frauds.  The only difference I see between famous Teresa and some unknown committing these crimes is an unknown would have been brought to justice a  lot sooner, would have served more time and NOT had the ability to grant interviews in the six figures and pay their attorneys and chip away at restitution and fines.

During the first season of filming Teresa and Joe lived here:  http://variety.com/2014/dirt/real-estalker/teresa-giudice-lists-third-house-in-lincoln-park-1201309336/  The neighbors remember the Giudices well as they had a Maserati parked out front of the modest home.

So yes it is the show's fault that these two grifters were allowed to live the good life the last five years, earn close to four million dollars and continued the pampered lifestyle.  Shame on Andy Cohen and Bravo for forcing fame and good fortune down their throats.

• Love 5

I may be misremembering, but I thought Andy had asked Dina about the show affecting family relationships first?  And then that's what Teresa responded to…meaning that being on the show has affected her family relationships with Joey, Melissa, Kathy, etc.  Andy sort of broke the fourth wall by bringing it up, and that's why Teresa said she was so glad he said that?

• Love 5

I may be misremembering, but I thought Andy had asked Dina about the show affecting family relationships first?  And then that's what Teresa responded to…meaning that being on the show has affected her family relationships with Joey, Melissa, Kathy, etc.  Andy sort of broke the fourth wall by bringing it up, and that's why Teresa said she was so glad he said that?

That's how I remember it, too - I think Teresa's point was to have Andy admit that doing the show with family can be bad.  It was a stupid comment by Teresa, because, of course, the obvious answer is exactly what he said - "You don't have to do the show". 

• Love 1

And "You don't have to do the show" is not the first time he's had to remind his cast of this fact!  Ramona being one of them.  On the other hand, the show does insist on Andy's stated formula of pretty, wealthy, funny, etc.  So there is that element of bait and switch. Teresa has probably managed to convince herself that she engaged in her illegalities as a way of providing the country with fabu entertainment and so can't really be held accountable.  It must be Bravo's fault because she's been selfless in putting herself on screen!  Perhaps she's also expecting an apology?  I wouldn't put it past her. 

I'm glad I caught the random advert for Part 2 being on tonight because otherwise I would have assumed next Monday and would also have assumed that Part 1 would be on view just prior.  I guess they are doing that tonight with Part 1 being called The Social Edition.  It's like Bravo is suddenly wanting to throw all real focus on Atlanta and bye bye soonest  to NJ.  

Totally looking forward to Part 2.  

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 2

Is Teresa really that deluded? The show can affect your family? Of course it will, so all you have to do is just not sign for it when it does.

Bravo kind of did a number on Teresa when they brought her family behind her back so that point I get but that was three seasons ago and Teresa has continued signing contract after contract fully knowing that her family conflicts were going to be on the forefront of the drama.  

I still scratch my head about the simple fact that Teresa seems oblivious to the fact that she  was hated at the end of season 2 after she chased Danielle at the club and shoved Andy during the reunion, Teresa should be thanking her lucky starts that Andy decided to bring her family members to the show to antagonize her, that is the only savinhg grace that made most viewers side with her, I know I disliked her intensily but couldn't help myself from feeling soryr for how much and how low her family was going after her for a shot at the spotlight , so at the end it all has worked to Teresa's advantage.

If the Teresa from the end of season 2 would be going to jail, nobody would care, everybody would think that she deserved it and there would be no pity or compassion (at least not as much) for her kids as there is now, the image of the poor battered woman who has to endure her family constant badgering and hypocresy has been Teresa's saving grace, now a good portion of viewers feel sorry for her, thinks that Teresa has suffered enough and that we should be considerate of her daughters and there is no need to kick her while she is down.

Luckily for me my compassion for her went out the door when I found out that she could have avoided jail altogether had she been honest about her assets, yet until the very end she refused to be forthcoming. Teresa should be send flowers everyday to the person who cast Melissa and Kathy, if it wasn't for them Teresa would still be that out of control, rageholic, illiterate woman that she was at the end of RHNJ season 2. Nobody would be feeling sorry for her or planning new shows for when she gets out of jail. Teresa played her victim card to a T and it worked for her but only due to the presence of Kathy and Melissa.

• Love 4

No, you are remembering correctly as far as how the topic came up. Dina talked about her family and the alluded to the show as a contributor. Andy followed up with a question to clarify that she thought the show had been bad for the family relationship. Teresa then jumped in and said that she was glad to hear Andy "finally admit" that the show could be hard on family relationships.  Andy said "I was asking a question".  I guess Teresa either didn't hear him, or didn't understand, because she said again that he was admitting to this dynamic and she was relieved.  The fact that Teresa equates asking a question to admitting to something is startling to me, although I have no idea why. She acted like this was some type of gotcha moment and she had uncovered a deep dark truth, when what had happened was someone had asked a question.  She looked dumb but acted victorious.  

Sometimes it is the smallest moments that stand out to me the most, and this was one of those instances. It shows how Teresa takes comments that are made and turns them into something else; something she wants or needs for them to be. Just like thinking that Kathy had said "recipe" when the tape showed she never did, or thinking that Kathy thought she was a bad mother, or any of the other things that have been said that Teresa twists into being something they are not. This is what she does and has always done. I know she is a dumb ass, but I wonder if this is a trait of a Narcissist? I know that others have said that she really did understand what the judge and lawyers explained to her about the potential penalties of pleading guilty and is just playing dumb now. I am not so sure. I think that Teresa hears just what she wants to hear. If she doesn't like it or agree with it, then she turns it into something else entirely. The girl needs help and she needs it fast. I pity her girls. I know that she loves them, but someone with her interpersonal skills and rationale thinking abilities would be a nightmare as a mother. 

• Love 7

I was watching some clips from season one including prostitutionwhoregate and I feel like something significant has happened to Theresa mentally since the first season. Even when she was going nucking futs and talking about cleansyness and textses, she was somehow....quicker and much more engaged on a consistent basis, whereas now those moments only pop up sporadically. To the point where I wonder if maybe she has an alcohol or Rx drug problem, or an untreated mood disorder. As weird as it is, I kind of believe her when she says she didn't understand the plea deal and that she has never hit below the belt, albeit only in that I believe SHE thinks these things are true. IMO she tailors her world around what she wants to hear and then believes she really heard it, so I guess I can better understand her telling herself in 2014 that she "just signed" a W2 that was handed to her when in actuality she forged a relatively fleshed out fictional identity in 2002. The same way "you have three layers: blubber, blubber, and blubber" is not below the belt and what I imagine was explained to her as a plea agreement that would hopefully leave her with probation IF she followed certain steps is interpreted as "you definitely won't go to jail so do whatever." 

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 3

No, you are remembering correctly as far as how the topic came up. Dina talked about her family and the alluded to the show as a contributor. Andy followed up with a question to clarify that she thought the show had been bad for the family relationship. Teresa then jumped in and said that she was glad to hear Andy "finally admit" that the show could be hard on family relationships.  Andy said "I was asking a question".  I guess Teresa either didn't hear him, or didn't understand, because she said again that he was admitting to this dynamic and she was relieved.  The fact that Teresa equates asking a question to admitting to something is startling to me, although I have no idea why. She acted like this was some type of gotcha moment and she had uncovered a deep dark truth, when what had happened was someone had asked a question.  She looked dumb but acted victorious.  

Sometimes it is the smallest moments that stand out to me the most, and this was one of those instances. It shows how Teresa takes comments that are made and turns them into something else; something she wants or needs for them to be. Just like thinking that Kathy had said "recipe" when the tape showed she never did, or thinking that Kathy thought she was a bad mother, or any of the other things that have been said that Teresa twists into being something they are not. This is what she does and has always done. I know she is a dumb ass, but I wonder if this is a trait of a Narcissist? I know that others have said that she really did understand what the judge and lawyers explained to her about the potential penalties of pleading guilty and is just playing dumb now. I am not so sure. I think that Teresa hears just what she wants to hear. If she doesn't like it or agree with it, then she turns it into something else entirely. The girl needs help and she needs it fast. I pity her girls. I know that she loves them, but someone with her interpersonal skills and rationale thinking abilities would be a nightmare as a mother. 

I think Teresa interrupted him as he, Andy, got to the word "relationship". That is why I got that she was blaming the show for her legal woes once again, just like she tried to do on the WWHL interview after their sentencing.  There was the same smugness both times.

Teresa just RESUSES to hear anything she does NOT want to hear, she ignores it and pretends it was never said to begin with.

• Love 1

Upon rewatch, I have changed my opinion regarding Teresa's weird affect during the reunion.  I initially thought she was medicated to the max, but now I believe she was just botoxed to the gills.  It seems she could barely move her mouth to even speak, which I thought might be a lisp created by a sedative, I really think now it's botox.  Teresa is an ugly crier, and she couldn't even move her face enough to muster the beginnings of an ugly cry, even though she was tearing up.  Her face was frozen.

• Love 1

Sorry if it's OT, special interest of mine.    Here's a link to some standard and not so traditional traits of narcissism.   Read the last 6, if that doesn't describe Teresa to precision, I'm out.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolution-the-self/201311/6-signs-narcissism-you-may-not-know-about

I'm not sure which personality disorder it's classified as but the ability to replace truth with whatever the person finds more palpable SHOULD be a narcissistic trait.  It's necessary to support their delusions.

• Love 2

^^ girl the only thing that stopped me from using that word is that a key sociopathic trait is that they're heavily unempathetic.  The thing is she is deeply self absorbed and oblivious about hurting other people but she also expresses empathy and even gets kind of emotional when someone has gone through something (I'm thinking of her Reunion reaction to Amber describing her cancer bout).  There's another example I've got where she teared up pretty easily and it wasn't about her but I can't think of it right now.   A true sociopath consistently can't muster up a shit.

• Love 3

I still think Teresa has auditory/speech processing issues - kind of like a synapse (not sure if that's the right word) between hearing words and understanding the actual sentence.  In addition, she also doesn't seem to fully process nuance, tone, etc. IMO

Edited by SoCal4Us
  • Love 4

There is no way on this earth that Theresa could pull off a cooking show. First off, you have to know how to cook. You have to know ingredients, how tastes match, and have basic culinary techniques, such as knife skills, somewhat mastered. On top of that, you have to be able to cook and talk at the same time, all for the camera. Tre is not a quick thinker, her vocabulary skills are limited. Cooking shows are supposed to be instructional. Tre can't do that. No way, no how, prison or no prison. 

Re cookiegate: Family recipes are just that, family, not individual. Most of us probably have a recipe or two that has been handed down. So you go to your granny and auntie's house at the holidays and they are probably serving food using the same recipes, because they both ate them growing up. Same for Tre and Kathy. No one person owns them. And honestly, if you Google most of your family recipes, they are probably out there anyway. Recipes are like oral history, they get passed around. Buy any cookbook from a church anywhere in the US and you will probably find some of your precious family recipes listed. I never understood why Tre got her panties in a wad over Kathy's comment. My cousins and extended family all use the same damn recipes. 

• Love 4

Bravo kind of did a number on Teresa when they brought her family behind her back so that point I get but that was three seasons ago and Teresa has continued signing contract after contract fully knowing that her family conflicts were going to be on the forefront of the drama.

IMO Teresa was not referring to her legal issues at all.  She was only saying the show has a negative impact on family relationships which HELLO Andy Cohen, it does.  Every HW shows has had marriages implode. As for the contracts, they are multi year contracts, and Bravo has the option to renew not the housewife.  Someone posted one a couple of years ago.  Apparently, Teresa re-signed with Bravo right before Melissa and Kathy, so she was locked in to working with them for a few years.  As for more recently, I think it's their only source of legitimate income - probably for anyone in the Gorga family as well as the Jac Laurita.

• Love 1

poeticlicensed said "There is no way on this earth that Theresa could pull off a cooking show. First off, you have to know how to cook. You have to know ingredients, how tastes match, and have basic culinary techniques, such as knife skills, somewhat mastered. On top of that, you have to be able to cook and talk at the same time, all for the camera. Tre is not a quick thinker, her vocabulary skills are limited. Cooking shows are supposed to be instructional. Tre can't do that. No way, no how, prison or no prison…"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it definitely wouldn't be your run-of-the-mill cooking show, that's for sure :)

Edited by SoCal4Us
  • Love 1

^^ I am envisioning Tre in front of the stove  saying things like "you just put those thing in there and mix it. Then add some of those things and put it together. Then cook it. You know, mix it and cook it til it's done" When is it done? Tre: "you know, when it's done!" 

I used to laugh when they would show her kitchen with a big pedestal of baked goods. They looked way too bakery made, no way does she have those kids of techniques mastered. And when she showed up at someone's house with something she "made". It was in a plastic container that you get when you buy from a bakery. maybe she just keeps those in her house. <snark>. They always show Kathy actually making her desserts. They always show Tre with a display of desserts. Big difference. 

• Love 4

IMO Teresa was not referring to her legal issues at all.  She was only saying the show has a negative impact on family relationships which HELLO Andy Cohen, it does.  Every HW shows has had marriages implode. As for the contracts, they are multi year contracts, and Bravo has the option to renew not the housewife.  Someone posted one a couple of years ago.  Apparently, Teresa re-signed with Bravo right before Melissa and Kathy, so she was locked in to working with them for a few years.  As for more recently, I think it's their only source of legitimate income - probably for anyone in the Gorga family as well as the Jac Laurita.

As Andy said, they do NOT have to fight if they chose not to! Teresa made it HER main story line, that Melissa/Joey/Kathy/Rich, came on the show ONLY to attack HER! Without her claiming the victim role, she would have had very, very few fans at all. IMO, Teresa OWES her success on the show to Caroline, Jac, Melissa and Kathy because they allowed her to claim the "victim" role.

• Love 3

The HWs contract are subject to annual renewal.  generally the term runs three years with the salary negotiable.  They can on their own not return for a season and all the contract precludes them from is working on another similar reality show.  Season 3 Teresa, according to Joey, refused to sign her contract until hours before the filming of the christening.  Which would lead one to believe that Bravo, Andy, Melissa and Joey were correct that Teresa knew they had been signed-maybe she didn't "understand".  My guess is since it was season three she was still under the option and quitting would have precluded the bankrupt star from pursuing other endeavors.  It would have also fouled up her book releases and promotions.  Once again TPTB let a HW know they would not dictate who would sign on.  Teresa need the RHONJ far more than they ever needed her.  They could have filmed the third season with Teresa's relatives trying to fit in with Caroline and Jac by using bit players like Kim D., to create rumors about Melissa.  Bravo also did something very smart-they ran the filming of Seasons 3 & 4 together. They had wrapped Season 4 before the Season 3 Reunion.  

In reality if someone wants out of their contract they can simply do nothing.  Not show up for events, excuse their way out of trips, not engage with other housewives. I am thinking Aviva from RHONYC.  Bravo will not renew the following year and they are free to pursue other endeavors.  I think Kim Zolciak pretty much did that with Atlanta when the other women got mad at her for a spin-off.  She would show up not wait around two or three hours for Nene and make an excuse and leave-"I don't have a babysitter."

So whether or not they have a contract does not really guide their behavior on the show.  Teresa wanted the world to believe her family was absolutely terrible.  The problem was Caroline and Jacqueline didn't buy into it and developed their own relationship with Kathy and Melissa.

• Love 5

Well, it definitely wouldn't be your run-of-the-mill cooking show, that's for sure :)

Yeah, it would be incoherent and unwatchable. But no need to worry, people with no legitimate culinary skills who are barely able to string a sentence together do not get their own cooking shows. Teresa owes her cook book success to her extended family's recipes and ghost writer.

• Love 4

No, you are remembering correctly as far as how the topic came up. Dina talked about her family and the alluded to the show as a contributor. Andy followed up with a question to clarify that she thought the show had been bad for the family relationship. Teresa then jumped in and said that she was glad to hear Andy "finally admit" that the show could be hard on family relationships. Andy said "I was asking a question". I guess Teresa either didn't hear him, or didn't understand, because she said again that he was admitting to this dynamic and she was relieved. The fact that Teresa equates asking a question to admitting to something is startling to me, although I have no idea why. She acted like this was some type of gotcha moment and she had uncovered a deep dark truth, when what had happened was someone had asked a question. She looked dumb but acted victorious.

Word to your entire post! I bet if her sentence was house arrest or probation, she would have no problem understanding. What a maroon! Edited by featherhead
  • Love 2

Word to your entire post, part 2. I really have nothing to add; this says it all.

Sorry if it's OT, special interest of mine.    Here's a link to some standard and not so traditional traits of narcissism.   Read the last 6, if that doesn't describe Teresa to precision, I'm out.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolution-the-self/201311/6-signs-narcissism-you-may-not-know-about

I'm not sure which personality disorder it's classified as but the ability to replace truth with whatever the person finds more palpable SHOULD be a narcissistic trait.  It's necessary to support their delusions.

Thanks for the link, ZM. Interesting reading, as it definitely applies to people I know, and most certainly applies to Teresa. It's Teresa's world, and we're just living in it.

Speaking for myself, I would totally tune in to see Teresa's life post-prison and I can't stand her. Oddly, I've not been standing her on a very regular basis now for 6 years! If she's willing to do it, I would definitely watch. She's as dumb as they come but weirdly resourceful -- if there's a way to spin it and make it work for her and the girls when she gets out, I have no doubt that she'll find a way.  That's kind of her appeal -- "Look, a penny!" as the ship goes down or stomping off in a huff in her gold evening gown just because she can and is somehow above it all.  She cracks me up. 

The real problem with Amber and the twins is that they were always breaking that fourth wall -- not in a real way -- but because all three seemed so ill at ease in front of the cameras and were so contrived in everything they did and said.  Same for their husbands and boyfriends.  Fakety fake fake.  When the phoniness reaches a certain level, all pretense that this is reality tv goes flying out the window and you're just left with a bunch of dullards trying way too hard to keep themselves on the show by any means necessary.   No fun. All of the badly acted scenes between Jim and Amber concerning her cancer.  The hyperactive nuttiness of Rino and Mrs. Rino -- The never to be believed romance between Bobby and Mrs. Not Really. Instant show killer.  Jim's rabid dog act. 

And, yeah, Teresa appearing to be under the influence of tranquilizers for the entire season.  But I would watch because while I find her repugnant, she fascinates. I'd also love to see Danielle return along with what's her name -- the How Are You? woman who looks like Debbie Reynolds.  The good old days. 

I'm wondering too if we got treated to the Victoria Gotti scenes because Teresa wanted to give the impression that, like her all of a sudden old friend, she's really just another form of watered down Mafia wife -- Kept in the dark, not really knowing what her husband was up to.  Made to sign stuff without understanding it and not able to comprehend or ask questions.  Dina was certainly putting out that theory at the Reunion.  Like someone said several pages ago, Dina was all about underlining that Tre didn't really have anyone looking out for her--as in Joe.  The matter of what came out of Gotti's mouth about the mother and Rino was incidental to her -- I think she just wanted to show that she's another weak variant of Carmela Soprano.  Tre couldn't have cared less about the scandalous gossip -- it was all about showing that she's part of that world and so can't really be held accountable. 

Word to this entire post. Watching Teresa waddle off like a Geisha Girl while twinnie earnestly, enthusiastically exclaimed, "Beautiful dress!", followed by Teresa's bathroom discovery "Look a penny!" left me happily wondering if I'd stumbled into a Fellini movie or had someone slip Peyote into my tea.  More please!

I hated that "next question" attitude she took on! It reminded me of Ramona during the NY reunion refusing to answer Andy's questions about her marriage - the very subject of Ramona's tenure on RHONY. But as for Teresa, I don't see any sign that she'll EVER talk about her crimes, Joe's crimes, her time in jail, etc... It's not her m.o.

True, but it bothered me more when Ramona did it because Teresa genuinely looked unstable, plus she allowed them to talk about it while she went to explore the bathroom.

Another reunion with Tre lying. She said she's never hit below the belt. I guess she forgets about her stripper, gold digging comments or when she pointed out Caroline's fat rolls. Tre blames everyone for everything that's happened to her, from her husband to Bravo. It's all their fault. She wants everyone to not comment on her case because it will hurt her kids. But she didn't mind flipping a table & calling Danielle a prostitute & whore right in front of her kids. I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot & it was Melissa in trouble, what would Tre say? I bet it would not be supportive. I also don't get why she's mad at Kathy & Rosie for their mother's comment. They didn't make it & the comment was not terrible. 

Teresa wasn't mad at Rosie for  Mrs. Pierri's comment, she was mad at Kathy (and Richie) for bringing the topic up on camera.  Kathy did not disagree when Teresa said she specifically talked with Kathy about keeping it off camera.  Even Rosie reluctantly admitted she understood why Teresa was so upset by that.  I'm no fan of Teresa's, and I like Mrs. Pierri, but even I can see why someone like Teresa would feel betrayed...

No one has commented on the incrediblly cheap, tacky set used for the reunion. It was like a bad drag queen show. With Andy sitting on that throne in the middle, and the housewives in their ugly ball gowns. And then they had to pan to the warehouse look of the building to show Teresa fleeing to the bathroom.

Oh my goodness, one of my favorite moments was when Joe Giudice asked, "Hey Andy, did you decorate this?!"

Maybe this link will work.  http://realestate.aol.com/blog/videos/interior-design/517126980/

This should be the Teresa cooking video with the New York Daily News writer.

How funny--the young host said "ingredientses" with a mischievous twinkle in his eye!

Upon rewatch, I have changed my opinion regarding Teresa's weird affect during the reunion.  I initially thought she was medicated to the max, but now I believe she was just botoxed to the gills.  It seems she could barely move her mouth to even speak, which I thought might be a lisp created by a sedative, I really think now it's botox.  Teresa is an ugly crier, and she couldn't even move her face enough to muster the beginnings of an ugly cry, even though she was tearing up.  Her face was frozen.

You know, I do believe you're right, although I think she was both heavily botoxed AND heavily medicated!

• Love 1

While waiting for Part II of the reunion, I'm watching Part I again.  On this rewatch, Dina and Teresa come off as complete idiots.  They talk but what they say is either an outright lie or doesn't make any sense.

Rosie made the most sense when she said that perhaps being on a reality TV show wasn't the right decision.

• Love 2

I'll never forget the scene where Tre comes home after a book signing event to a drunk Joe with others sitting around the table.  She asked him how much he has drank.  Then he started going off and she said something like, let's talk like adults, and talked to him like a 6 year old.  Then he does a drunk somersault and knocks his tooth out and Gia screams.  JMO, to me, Tre looked embarrassed and I can only think she's seen this side of Joe many times.  She's so dang stubborn she puts out this vibe that her marriage is all juicy and she love love loves Joe. 

Now, I see her embarrassment and the beginning of resentment towards him through the reunion.  Of course, it's not her fault, blame Tom, Dick and Harry, Esq.  I don't know, watching the episode this morning of her counting out hundies (with the added licking her finger into between laying down hundies) to pay for furniture, to getting buhbies, the cruise, the shopping.  Knowing the fallout of all their fraud, I actually would not be surprised if she a) divorces his drunk ass or 2) follows him to Italy.  While lilMissLab will start driving and graduate from high school and start her first college freshman year, maybe by then we will have paid off our taxes owed by the time Joe will be getting out.  Then that's when their nightmare will only continue.  It is not going away. 

Couldn't be happier these convicts got caught.  I, myself, will be reading those rag mags to see how things unfold for the felons in the future.  I do not want to see them on TV though.  I do feel for the children and possibly the german shepard.  Whatever will they do without their sausage slicer? 

This should open up huge opportunities for the other howives while she's in the slammer 'klink klink' could be a jewelry line ;)

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2014/11/06/clink-clink-teresa_giudice-rhonjtwins-teresaaprea-rhonj/

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2

As Andy said, they do NOT have to fight if they chose not to! Teresa made it HER main story line, that Melissa/Joey/Kathy/Rich, came on the show ONLY to attack HER! Without her claiming the victim role, she would have had very, very few fans at all. IMO, Teresa OWES her success on the show to Caroline, Jac, Melissa and Kathy because they allowed her to claim the "victim" role.

Based on what we saw, the Gorgas set the tone for the season at the christening. For new characters they sure started out with a huge chip on their shoulder.

Without fighting with Theresa the Gorgas and Wakiles wouldn't be on the show at all. And without Theresa a show featuring Jac and Caroline would have lasted about 4 episodes. I don't think the need to express gratitude lies on Theresa's side at all.

• Love 1

While waiting for Part II of the reunion, I'm watching Part I again.  On this rewatch, Dina and Teresa come off as complete idiots.  They talk but what they say is either an outright lie or doesn't make any sense.

I'd go with lies. Both Teresa and Dina have been caught in their lies on the show as well as WWHL numerous times.

• Love 2

Teresa just RESUSES to hear anything she does NOT want to hear, she ignores it and pretends it was never said to begin with.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is one of my fascinations and I feel like I can spot it a mile away.  People with NPD (and most other personality disorders) are the folks who make you seek psychological counseling because they drive you crazy but they don't think anything is wrong with them, so they rarely get help.

That being said, I just don't get the NPD vibe from Teresa.  I think she does a lot of magical thinking and the "I can't hear you" thing that little kids do because she is a simpleton.  She is shrewd and she is manipulative but she isn't sophisticated enough, in my opinion, to be a true NPD. Teresa doesn't fit the mold.  Mostly, she doesn't set off the alarms and whistles or that gut feeling that NPDs elicit from me.  Very unscientific, I know.  Everyone's mileage may vary.

All of the housewives and their families should pray that the show ends or get up enough nerve to walk away because very few of these folks end up in a good light.  The money really isn't worth ruining your life over.

• Love 1

Mrs P is the oldest child in her family and was sent to the Aunt because that Aunt could not have children of her own. Although she knew who her real parents were, she was NOT raised to look at them as her parents and rarely saw them or her siblings. That was what she said when she told the story.

Mrs. Gorga did NOT have that recipe to begin with , she got it from Mrs. P to give to Teresa for the book from what was said, and Teresa was aware of who it really came from. That recipe could have originated from the in-laws of the woman that raised Mrs. P. and not anyone in the Gorga family for all anyone knows. Not acknowledging Mrs. P. was a deliberate snub to that side of Teresa's family IMO.

Do you have links to these? I cant find any...

Edited by BostonBlonde

Hi gang! Your friendly neighborhood mods are here asking you to 1) remember that everyone has opinions and they are all valid. 2) Please keep posts in the Reunion topics about the reunion. It's fine to reference back to prior episode events but not to devolve into "he said she said" arguments between posters that go back seasons unless it's actually been brought up in the episode. 3) Let us remember that none of us know exactly what happened because this show is highly edited and again, everyone has a valid opinion and finally 4) Stick to the show and the people on the show. We don't need to bring our personal lives onto the forum. If the majority of your post isn't about the show, and more specifically events brought up in the Reunion, it will be deleted without warning going forward. Thank you. 

• Love 1

Do you have links to these? I cant find any...

They were talked about ON the show. I believe that Kathy may have touched on her mothers childhood in the blog for that show and I am sure she also blogged about the recipe as well. So you may want to check their blogs from then.

I found this..... http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/season-4/blogs/kathy-wakile/everyone-loves-rosie

Edited by WireWrap

Heaven forbid that Dina respect her own elderly parents and get her ass and her family issues off this show. When she left, I had a smidgen of respect for her, but she has lost it now. Namaste, bitch.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU, Shoegal! 

• Love 1

I flat-out don't believe Don Caroline about Dina seriously making a relationship with Chris conditional on him leaving Jac.  Now, I can believe Dina blurting something like that out, but I don't believe it to be something truly serious, just a statement made in anger.  Caroline can lower her voice even more and pull on her Sincere Bulldog sad-jowl face and I still won't believe her.  As much lying as Dina has done, Don Caro has done her same share, and the idea that she's a beacon of truth because she's a fat-breasted, boundary-free mom to her despised daughter, Albie and the other one doesn't hold for me and never will.  However, I have no compunction whatsoever about writing that Chris, Chris Jr. and Nicholas's lives would probably be a hell of a lot easier if Chris ixnayed that marriage and amscrayed the hell away from the Whorish Easter Island head that is Jac, and split custody.  That is obviously not feasible because of the bankruptcy issues Chris Laurita is facing - he's had basically 'fuck my life' written across his face as a general rule, before Nicholas regressed and was diagnosed.  He is married to an unbelievably unstable and immature crap-pile, and life is damned short unless you're Chris L. and are staring at the greasy balloon-head tweeting like a fucking maniac on the king-sized pillow next to yours.  Then every day must feel like 500 years, but without much joy.  

The less said about the twins, the better.  Ha, just kidding!  I am loving all of the descriptions of Thing 1's foobs in her wannabe goddess gown.  They are mean, petty, stupid, illogical, hard-faced, hard-hearted, squeaky-voiced pieces of shit.  They added grossness to a show that has featured Richie Fucking Wakile, and that's no mean feat.

Kathy may be entitled to feel burned or glee at Teresa's punishment.  But I hate an insincere bitch trying to show her 'care' and 'compassion' through her smirk and her coming on the show to get her piece (and eat it many times over a la mode.  Mangia, Kathy.  Maybe Richie can turn his witticisms about Victoria's college peers and 'enjoying the meal plan' on your always-silent in the face of his misogyny fat fucking ass) while insisting she cares.  No.  Fuck her.  She adds nothing to this circus.  I really LOL'd at the tweet about no one coming to her book party/sad cannoli horns.  Wah-wah.  And Rosie - who I like in combo with Joe Giudice; those two foolios make TV magic together - can shut the fuck up about 'people' needing to let Twitter go.  Some TWoP genius described Rosie as the out-of-control chained-up monster in the basement when she raged during that past reunion about killing Teresa for daring mention Mr. Pieri.  She's a crazy fucking beast with significant social problems that we've collectively decided are too uncomfy to look at closely.  I'm happy she's out and proud but she is scary and has a lot of insecurity and mismanaged rage, and I'm glad the nice seeming woman she was dating or 'dating' got away.  But I would welcome the Rosie and Milania Comedy Showcase, too (with guest appearances by Joe and the girls until his time comes).

The other stuff - what can one say?  Dina's not zen, and apparently not much of a stylist (though I too appreciate that she does not immediately panic and decide to show her chest at every single opportunity).  Teresa G. will never be able to proffer an apology; I think the comments about her perspective being tied into some very old ideas as posted upthread by copacabana  is likely very true.  I'm not saying it exonerates her but that theory is easy to understand, at least to me.  Teresa may be able to acknowledge this when she completes her sentence, and rededicate herself anew to her girls, and possibly ending what's turned out to be a bad union for both the Giudices.  I don't know, just spitballing here.    And....Melissa Who?  And Amber - whatever.  Keep fucking that chicken, I guess.  (/tm Ernie Anastos, pride of NYC newscasters).

I think I love you!

This is common among adults.  You choose to disassociate from someone but when you have to be together, opt for gracious and pleasant without bringing up the dispute.  However, the housewife standard is to wait until there's a big event, then cause a huge scene over whatever perceived slight is currently at the top of your crazy list.  I've found most normal people understand what is going on.  Most crazy people use the fact that the person was polite as more fuel for the fire - How could she just talk to me?  Was she trying to make me feel bad? What did she mean when she said "Hello"?  I was estranged from my mother for 20+ years.  When my sister became terminally ill, I was willing to speak with dear old mom because ti was the kind thing to do.  We still occasionally interact because of my brother's health issues.  However, all conversation is at a superficial level.  I am not really letting her into my life.  That lesson was learned long ago.  For people with truly toxic families, this is appropriate.  We all have a right to feel safe.  

On to more important issues, whenever they would mention Jacqueline wanting a "sit down" I would think, this isn't The Godfather.  Maybe with Teresa and Joe's pending prison terms, you shouldn't use mob language when talking about meeting with a family member.  Next thing you know there will be a horse head in someone's bed and Moe Green will have a bullet in his eye.  

That's who Richie Wakile reminds me of!!

• Love 2