Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

So Dina was hurt at not being invited to Lauren's engagement party?  I'm sorry, but if certain people do not invite me to something, I'm just glad that I don't have to RSVP about not going, lol.

...Personally, I'm relieved I haven't been obligated into a gift...

I really do not think Dina meant Nick's autism at all with her "kids that can understand," I think she meant his age, and the fact that Lexi had her uncle Chris in her life and then he wasn't around for her or whatever. I also understand what Dina meant with the "I can't cure him"... getting back on good terms with her family would be great, but whether she does or doesn't, she's not stalling his recovery by not being around, because there is nothing she can do to help. 

What episode was that clip of Richie talking about the plea? The reunion was filmed, what, four days after the verdict? Could Teresa only have been half paying attention and thought that was a clip from what they filmed the Day Of? I wonder when she did find out they filmed their reactions (but texted her.) Teresa is getting a punishment she deserves, but, still, seeing that a few days later had to be hard and there's a strange part of me that feels a little bad, maybe because it bugs me how the Wakilies and Laurita's famewhored for airtime with "how much they care"... yet no one left a message, just texts? Except for Joe Gorga, apparently, Teresa said on the WWHL they spoke that night I believe.

What was up with everyone being surprised Teresa got up? Especially Andy; he had been waiting for this to go down the way it did. He specifically waited until after the verdict, days after, and he knew what clips would be shown. That isn't hard math, there.

Teresa in the bathroom was one of least annoying parts of the show. Why a mint or gum?   Shockingly, the two Joe's talking about the black dye "it's like the lawn stuff"/ "nah, the roof" provided a needed lightening up of the tone. Is "Stab me with a knife, I won't feel anything" gping to be Joe Giudice's new catch phrase?

I will credit Kathy, I liked how she answered Andy's question about Victoria's health. She gave a quick answer, and moved on, instead of going on looking for attention for the fact that she was doing what any decent mother should do in a situation like that.

Melissa calling out Dina was completely called for. However, did Melissa try to say she joined the show being on good terms with Teresa? She's admitted she contacted Danielle. Joe has made claims "oh I thought it would make us closer", but they came out swinging Teresa's way in the Christening episode, Kathy too. 

When "the cancer" was actually addressed, I thought of all of you here!

Rosie had the line of the season, about everyone needing to get off Twitter.

• Love 3

Teresa and Joe are not going to JAIL because they couldn't pay their debts. They're going to jail for fraud.

They borrowed money based on forged documents and stiffed their creditors to the tune of $13 million.

It's not a joke. It's a crime!

A crime which they are being punished for. I for one am sick of the constant questions and shock at her reactions (or lack thereof). And it makes for very boring tv. I could give a shit who she does or does not apologize to, as long as they get what they deserve is all I care about.

• Love 13

Reasonable men may differ. You see greed; I see an opportunity to make a living.

It's just not a joke to me that someone is going to JAIL because they couldn't pay their debts.

Short of haircloth and ashes, I can't imagine what would satisfy some. People are what they are and people don't change, don't see the error of their ways, even once they've been found out and exposed. It's enough for me that she was criminally prosecuted and will be punished. She owes me nothing. Any apology would be parsed to death and found wanting!

As Mary Poppins said, "I don't explain. I don't apologize."

In the immortal words of Edith Piaf, "Moi, je ne regrette rien."

I save my righteous indignation for baby rapers.

Just the way I feel. We just disagree.

We do disagree.  Teresa didn't get sentenced to prison for not being able to pay her debts.  You know the system and that is a gross misrepresentation of why she was convicted and sentenced to prison.   She was sent to prison for fraud and lying.  Huge difference.  She could have honestly filed bankruptcy and honestly declared her earnings and contracts and been required to pay back or surrender her ill-gotten gain to pay a small portion of the debts she owed.  No one forced her to lie or conceal assets.

I do agree-I don't think Teresa will change and fortunately for her she is sentenced to a determinate sentence -not until she sees the errors of her ways.  People change everyday-sometimes it does not take imprisonment but it does take a willingness.

• Love 14

Short of haircloth and ashes, I can't imagine what would satisfy some. People are what they are and people don't change, don't see the error of their ways, even once they've been found out and exposed. It's enough for me that she was criminally prosecuted and will be punished. She owes me nothing. Any apology would be parsed to death and found wanting!

I agree that Teresa is who she is and will never change. She's a criminal, a narcissist, and a fraud, and always will be. What frustrates me is that even after she pleaded guilty and was given her sentence, she puts on a shiny gold dress and acts like it's any old reunion. She sits on her throne and continues to deflect questions about the very real drama going on in her life, and then gives the stink eye to anyone and everyone else who broaches the subject. Or ignores and deflects by walking off the set! Showing remorse for her actions would go a long way, but that's not Teresa. An apology from her would do nothing for me personally, because I would know it's fake. But what I DO expect from her is to participate, even if it means just sitting there and taking her lumps. The entire season revolved around The Indictment, and how traumatic her life was now due to The Indictment, and she got a fat paycheck for it. How dare she forbid or manipulate others in the cast from talking about the pointed storyline of the season, and then walk off set when clips are shown and Andy asks questions. You do the crime, you do the time, and I'm not referring to prison.

• Love 24

Great post--all of it--but this part that I bolded may show why Dina and Teresa get along so well - so much of this could also pertain to Teresa and her brother and her brother's wife, as well. 

Teresa and Dina are very similar, even if Dina has pretensions to being classier than Teresa; I hadn't thought about it in terms of their relationships with their brothers, though!. I sympathize with Dina up to a degree because - as SFoster21 up-thread said - who the hell wants to go to a "sit down" with someone as crazy as Jacqueline as a condition for seeing one's brother, if Jacqueline really did set that condition? Jacqueline would never admit she did anything to contribute to the sorry state of affairs between her, Dina, Caroline, Chris, and their children. But Dina is also the absolute epitome of immaturity and irresponsibility, and could never be the bigger person than Jacqueline. It's always her way or the highway. Jacqueline and Dina should realize that Chris is important to both of them and be civil, if not friendly, so that they can have separate relationships with him, if not separate to the point of being laborious.

• Love 5

A crime which they are being punished for. I for one am sick of the constant questions and shock at her reactions (or lack thereof). And it makes for very boring tv. I could give a shit who she does or does not apologize to, as long as they get what they deserve is all I care about.

I think it goes back to all her denials. We did nothing wrong, we are honest, we would never, I didn't understand, I didn't sign anything, I didn't understand, I didn't read, I didn't............when in fact, she DID! lol

And as of now, they have not been punished yet. Both are still free and they are still living the same as they did before they were caught, pled guilty and sentenced. There have been no changes that are visible right now and Teresa is still using the "I didn't understand" excuse so no humility from her either.

• Love 11

So Dina was hurt at not being invited to Lauren's engagement party?  I'm sorry, but if certain people do not invite me to something, I'm just glad that I don't have to RSVP about not going, lol.

Caroline called Dina's bluff on WWHL. Caroline was very clear on the matter in an attempt to exonerate herself for not inviting Dina. 

Apparently Claudine has not attended any family functions in the past 4-5 years, not just the ones held by Caroline or Chris. This really speaks volumes about Dina's character and pettiness, since there are births of multiple nieces and nephews she's missed (and presumably never met like Nicholas), baptisms, engagements, etc. Dina can't honestly believe she's in the right considering there are 10 other siblings who are siding against her in this matter, can she?

Caroline even let it slip that the only way Dina would be willing to mend fences with Chris is if he left his wife. Wow.

Thus, Dina acting all shocked and dismayed was nothing put posturing for the cameras. She's the one who is shunning her family because she cannot get over how she was "sold out" by Jacqueline, and that Caroline eventually had enough of the lying too and came to Jac's defense.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 7

I give her a lot of breaks for walking off the set. She was sentenced to prison 4 days earlier. I'm sure she was still in shock and dealing with all those emotions. To then sit and hear her nasty ugly cousin in law bring things up again and hear her aunt's reaction had to be painful. Sure the aunt was right, doesn't mean it shouldn't hurt Theresa to hear it.

Criminals do have feelings too and its most clear now during the reunion shes embarrassed around her family and while I feel no sympathy for them going to jail, I am going to give both of them some slack for how they reacted during the reunion and they stupid WWHL interview they did the day of court. Hopefully they remember these feelings 5 years from now when they are trying to rebuild their lives.

What I am pissed about is why does Jac get to go back on the show, stir up all kinds of shit, run her immature mouth on twitter, but then not have to face the music like the rest of them at the reunion? I give even less fucks about the Manzo/Laurita fued than i do about the Juicy sentence, but the fact that Jac is involved makes me lean faaaaaar to the side of Dina. Jac is a fucking lunatic and Chris should have reigned her in long ago.

Edited by hottesthw
  • Love 11

I sympathize with Dina up to a degree because - as SFoster21 up-thread said - who the hell wants to go to a "sit down" with someone as crazy as Jacqueline as a condition for seeing one's brother, if Jacqueline really did set that condition? Jacqueline would never admit she did anything to contribute to the sorry state of affairs between her, Dina, Caroline, Chris, and their children. But Dina is also the absolute epitome of immaturity and irresponsibility, and could never be the bigger person than Jacqueline. It's always her way or the highway. Jacqueline and Dina should realize that Chris is important to both of them and be civil, if not friendly, so that they can have separate relationships with him, if not separate to the point of being laborious.

I agree to a point. The issue being based on what Jac has let us be privy to, she's a damn nutcase. Even the most sane person would want to jump across a table and choke her once she gets going. You know there is NO WAY the Jac we know from tv would sit quietly thru a sit down with her husband and his sister and not interject her stupidity. I think Dina was being the bigger person by refusing to attend the sit down under those conditions.

• Love 3

Caroline called Dina's bluff on WWHL. Caroline was very clear on the matter in an attempt to exonerate herself for not inviting Dina.

Apparently Claudine has not attended any family functions in the past 4-5 years, not just the ones held by Caroline or Chris. This really speaks volumes about Dina's character and pettiness, since there are births of multiple nieces and nephews she's missed (and presumably never met like Nicholas), baptisms, engagements, etc. Dina can't honestly believe she's in the right considering there are 10 other siblings who are siding against her in this matter, can she?

Caroline even let it slip that the only way Dina would be willing to mend fences with Chris is if he left his wife. Wow.

I just watched this on DVR. She did not say this. And I despise Caroline so it pains me to defend her even in the slightest way.

I also didn't get the impression the other 10 siblings are siding against her. She's invited to their events so they can't be that mad.

• Love 1

"she puts on a shiny dress"

Well, that's her job. "Ridi, Pagliacci."

I'm not sure if you think Teresa is the clown laughing at her situation, or if I'm the clown for not getting it, but it all goes to my point - it's her job, and a well paid one, to sit her ass down and participate. Funny how she says yes to the dress, and no to answering questions.

And speaking of her attire, I noticed Twin1 say "nice dress" when Teresa very dramatically walked off set. Was that the same twin who only commented on what Teresa was wearing on sentencing day? Those gals are pretty shallow.

• Love 10

I just watched this on DVR. She did not say this. And I despise Caroline so it pains me to defend her even in the slightest way.

Then watch it again, because she did. Caroline was flabbergasted by the ultimatum. 

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 2

Lotus Flower, excuse my pedantry here, okay? But, the clown suits up, and goes on. But even the clown has limits. And, in the opera, the audience is not aware of the clown's pain, but WE are, the audience for this show.

So, I give her credit for suiting up and going on which is more than I could ever do.

If the clown's show was about his particular pain, he wouldn't participate either.

And thrusting a mic in someone's face and saying "how do you FEEL about some horrible thing that just happened?" is not entertainment to me.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 6

I agree to a point. The issue being based on what Jac has let us be privy to, she's a damn nutcase. Even the most sane person would want to jump across a table and choke her once she gets going. You know there is NO WAY the Jac we know from tv would sit quietly thru a sit down with her husband and his sister and not interject her stupidity. I think Dina was being the bigger person by refusing to attend the sit down under those conditions.

I would also have refused to attend the sit-down under those conditions; in fact, I would have refused to attend a "sit-down" period if Jacqueline were involved. I would have probably insisted on meeting my brother without Jacqueline, which I would have every right to do (IMO, one shouldn't need one's spouse's permission to meet one's sibling.) I would want Chris to grow a spine and stand up to Jacqueline, at least in this instance. Then again, I'm not Dina and I don't tell people they're "dead to me" (if that's true) or expect feuds to be magically resolved in light of important occasions.* I think both Jacqueline and Dina make a reconciliation impossible.

*I have, however, been known to tell ex-friends "I can't have any meaningful contact with you for the foreseeable future." This is not to relatives, since most of my extended family stopped talking due to crap on the level of RHONJ a generation or two back. And I would never say it to immediate family.

• Love 3

I'm not sure if you think Teresa is the clown laughing at her situation, or if I'm the clown for not getting it, but it all goes to my point - it's her job, and a well paid one, to sit her ass down and participate. Funny how she says yes to the dress, and no to answering questions.

And speaking of her attire, I noticed Twin1 say "nice dress" when Teresa very dramatically walked off set. Was that the same twin who only commented on what Teresa was wearing on sentencing day? Those gals are pretty shallow.

It was change of plea day.  I will say Dina and Teresa did get the top of the heap when it came to designers for the Reunion and it showed.  I think Teresa with the exception of her make-up and butt ugly shoes has never looked better-she owned that dress.  As to the twins-I would ask to bring my own clothes next Reunion if they are around.  I think Teresa walking off the set could have been prevented if Andy would have brought the Joes on when Kathy and Rosie were on.  Now I am acting like Teresa and Dina and trying to run the show.

• Love 1

Lotus Flower, excuse my pedantry here, okay? But, the clown suits up, and goes on. But even the clown has limits. And, in the opera, the audience is not aware of the clown's pain, but WE are, the audience for this show.

So, I give her credit for suiting up and going on which is more than I could ever do.

If the clown's show was about his particular pain, he wouldn't participate either.

And thrusting a mic in someone's face and saying "how do you FEEL about some horrible thing that just happened?" is not entertainment to me.

I get it now - thank you. And I like the reference. I also think the analogy to the mic in someone's face is a valid point. I think we've all seen TV reporters do this to regular Joe's who have just experienced something horrific, and it's cringe-worthy. But I think the analogy falls apart for me due to its different premise. Teresa's "trauma" is self-inflicted. Nothing happened to her. Or something did (her sentence), but cry me a river - her sentence wasn't a miscarriage of justice, but rather a just punishment for a decade of fraud. And lastly, she signed up for the season knowing her court case would be a prominent storyline. She agreed to it, and cashed each and every check. Same with the reunion. I'm sure it's painful and humiliating for her, but she's not getting tarred and feathered. Suit up (the ol' dress reference again!) and take your medicine.

• Love 10

Speaking of pedantry-no one was "thrusting a mic in someone's face" at the Reunion and this isn't something horrible that just happened.  Teresa knew on February 27th that she had forever changed her life by changing her plea, she knew she was facing up to 27 months in prison, she knew because in the transcript of the change of plea, the judge specifically went over the deal line by line, at one time even offering Teresa from 5 minutes to 5 HOURS to discuss anything she didn't understand with her attorney and assured Teresa she would wait until Teresa understood.  Not understanding and refusing to accept the consequences of one's decisions are two different things.  Teresa four days before sentencing physically assaulted her "crisis manager" when she advised Teresa her sentence would include prison time.

What I gleaned from the end of the first part of the Reunion is Teresa was firm in her resolve to protect her family from being exposed publicly at the moment of sentencing.   Whether it was for her benefit or theirs is unimportant, she really seemed to want to spare them.  BTW I think that is a good quality. 

What I actually want to hear-be it from Joe or Teresa is what their intent was when they began their fraud journey be it accidental or intentional.  Was it always to rack up big mortgages, spend the cash and flush them with a BK or was their intent to always pay the creditors back?  Was there an event that precluded them from later?  I think I am passed the feelings part of their journey.  I want to know from Joe what makes him think he could continue so long with such reckless disregard for society's rules.  Most of all I want to know why Teresa keeps forgiving him and now she is facing the prison has she rethought her choice to do so.

• Love 3

It's because I know "the sysyem" that I can find some measure of sympathy. I can't agree that people change. Incrementally, perhaps. Not over night.

But we're free to feel differently.

Your clown analogy is an excellent one. However, this situation didn't just "happen" to her as she would like us to believe. She literally signed up for it, (1) the fraudulent documents (2) RHONJ (3) lying on the bankruptcy filing (4) accepting a plea deal resulting in her sentencing.

I am not unfamiliar with the system and appreciated the fact that it worked despite the media blitz and her attempts to blame it on the government, banks, attorneys and Joe. Teresa is not the victim. My sympathy goes to the businesses, contractors, suppliers and laborers who she did NOT pay as well as her four innocent children.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 12

The Real Housewives of New Jersey Reunion:  When Idiots Collide

So.......Amber cut 12" of her hair.  Huh?

Pubic or underarm?  Because it certainly wasn't from her head.  

And yeah, she seemed to slip up and say she watches her mouth around Jimbo so that he doesn't verbally abuse her.  He really is a winner.

And The Cancer was stage 1.  The way she talks about it I assumed stage 3.  While I am glad she caught it early and handled treatment well, this just adds to the STFU for me.

The twin in the white looked like she had two bowling balls strapped to her chest.  For a person who's big interest in Tre's court case is what she's wearing, she should look in a mirror and check out her own wardrobe choices.  

Dina - I don't care.  See your fambly. Don't see your fambly.  I give exactly zero fucks.  

• Love 7

And The Cancer was stage 1.  The way she talks about it I assumed stage 3.  While I am glad she caught it early and handled treatment well, this just adds to the STFU for me.

Er, I was thinking the same thing, but didn't know how to say it!

• Love 8

I can't believe I stayed up to hear Caroline.  Wow-just unbelievable.  I can understand why so many here think that it is entirely reasonable for Chris and Dina sit down together and work out a brother/sister relationship-I don't agree that Jac is off the rails and couldn't contain herself. Until I heard Caroline tonight.  I don't care how wacko people think Jacqueline is-to demand your brother to leave his wife and his special needs child and 13 year old son so you can enjoy a brother sister relationship is way off the charts in the world of wacko.  Got to give this round of RH crazy to Dina-her sense of entitlement is off the charts.

• Love 10

Your clown analogy is an excellent one. However, this situation didn't just "happen" to her as she would like us to believe. She literally signed up for it, (1) the fraudulent documents (2) RHONJ (3) lying on the bankruptcy filing (4) accepting a plea deal resulting in her sentencing.

I am not unfamiliar with the system and appreciated the fact that it worked despite the media blitz and her attempts to blame it on the government, banks, attorneys and Joe. Teresa is not the victim. My sympathy goes to the businesses, contractors, suppliers and laborers who she did NOT pay as well as her four innocent children.

Anna, she is not a "victim," nor is she innocent of crime, but she is being punished and she has not been vindicated, and to my mind, she is still a real person with very real trouble. It's just not in my heart to punish her further. She has real courage, even if it's based in self-deception, and real grit, and I don't care to see her crawl across the floor in hair cloth. We are allegedly a society that does not believe in "cruel and unusual punishment," so I draw a line. But we can disagree.

• Love 5

If 1/3 of your reunion special (or more) is about shit that happened off-screen, you have a serious problem with your core product.  I mean, they've always had an element of that- but this was a whole 'nother level, imho.  Half the people on stage didn't need to be there.  Well...4 of 6, actually, since Melissa added nothing.  

But I guess I'll frickin' take it if the alternative is hearing the twins and Amber dial it up to 11 within seconds or being asked a question.  It's almost like...this is why you don't bring new people on to your established reality franchise.  These can't be real people.  They have to be imitating what happened slightly more organically in the past.  How do you start an argument over the phrase "the cancer?"

It would be kind of awesome if it were just a bit more exaggerated without the air of seriousness, not just from original Teresa and her legal issues but the twins' pearl-clutching about their poor maligned mother.   

Teresa and prison- all I'm thinking at this point is if everyone's worried about the kids someone should sit them down and tell them what's going on.  Milania already has a little...fire, I guess you can say.  I can't imagine how she's going to respond if Mommy disappears a month before the promised birthday party, and then Daddy disappears a few years later.  I hope at some point between sentencing and the holidays the Giudices handled this mess with their children.

On the positive, I did love the "thick as thieves" flashback because, well, apparently they aren't.  I hope the two main families at the center of the show are able to come back together.  And when they do, I hope they write out some kind of contract.  I'd be confused as hell about all the rules in place.

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 4

Anna, she is not a "victim," nor is she innocent of crime, but she is being punished and she has not been vindicated, and to my mind, she is still a real person with very real trouble. It's just not in my heart to punish her further. She has real courage, even if it's based in self-deception, and real grit, and I don't care to see her crawl across the floor in hair cloth. We are allegedly a society that does not believe in "cruel and unusual punishment," so I draw a line. But we can disagree.

What kind of vindication is this very basic bitch owed? How is any of this cruel and unusual? How is she in any way courageous? Teresa committed a crime is a public figure and is not being sentenced to hard labor or a reeducation camp. All of which means that everything that is happening to her now is the normal course of business for our criminal justice system.

As to Giudices in the prison system, I think we all know that Teresa would switch places with Milania in a heartbeat because Milania would be running that place in a week. Even in the "shit we should've shown" episode, Milania was talking about backhanding Gia. Milania is tough. She's like season 2 Vee in Orange is the New Black.

Twin Teresa's dress was terrible. Kathy's makeup was awful. And Namaste will always be a hypocrite in my books.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6

What can I say, Hunter? You want her punishment to be more severe than our current criminal system currently metes out? What do you suggest would be appropriate under the circumstances?

I think we should cut off a finger so everyone who comes in contact will be warned. Save every taxpayer the money this country presently spends on prisons. Or maybe chain her in blocks in the public square for a period of time. Or cane her. I mean what would settle the score for you? Just an honest query.

If you can't recognize courage and compassion is beyond you, that's fair. We don't agree.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 11

She has real courage, even if it's based in self-deception, and real grit, and I don't care to see her crawl across the floor in hair cloth. We are allegedly a society that does not believe in "cruel and unusual punishment," so I draw a line.

If dressing up and attending a Real Housewives reunion is cruel and unusual punishment, then sign me up, please! And I'll take the fat paycheck, too.

I also don't see the courage. At all. In fact, I see someone quite cowardly. She hides from the truth, she won't talk about any aspect of it, she threw all the blame on Joe, she has spent the past year crying and saying "why me?", she shut down any discussion of it during filming and literally walked off the set during the reunion when clips were shown, and she hasn't even faced her children with anykind of story, let alone the truth. I don't see courage anywhere.

• Love 22

I think the issue has resolved itself.  This taping is nearly a month old.  Teresa has stayed out of the public eye and interviews since early last month.  Apparently, what Teresa did understand through this process is if you don't want to be asked about your legal situation - don't do interviews.  For the time being it is what is topical about Teresa and much like the table flip will always be a part of Teresa Giudice RHONJ. 

We have the death penalty in this country-that is cruel and unusual punishment, Teresa wearing an evening gown and being paid in the high six figures to show her life and answer or react to a few questions about her legal situation is not.   Is she uncomfortable-obviously but maybe she might learn something listening to her family and friends and how they feel.

• Love 7

Hey, don't wanna fight with anyone. My heart breaks, that's all. She deserved the sentence; it will be hard to be separated from her life. In jail, she'll meet people that never had a chance in their lives and she may learn something. Maybe. It still reads as sad to me. And I don't want to feed on her pain. But I speak for myself.

Where do you see the courage in her? Honest query. Filming Real Housewives this year?

My earlier posts made it clear. Can't explain further than that.

• Love 7

So the Reunion is replaying, and Dina takes time to chastise Kathy with a, "Kathy I like you, but I never once asked Teresa about her legal situation."  I wanted Kathy to say which is why the producers asked Jacqueline to come back on and why we were required to film the sentencing to get our paychecks.

I also hate people who earn a living off of being a television performer, stick their nose in the air and claim to never watch TV.  I think Dina is getting under my skin. 

• Love 10

What I gleaned from the end of the first part of the Reunion is Teresa was firm in her resolve to protect her family from being exposed publicly at the moment of sentencing.   Whether it was for her benefit or theirs is unimportant, she really seemed to want to spare them.  BTW I think that is a good quality. 

My take on this is completely different. She went to court knowing she had to admit to her crimes, face the judge and accept responsibility, and then get a public rebuke, whatever the sentence was. She was humiliated and ashamed. She wasn't trying to protect them, she was protecting herself from humiliation. It's consistent with how she's addressed it at every turn, esp. with her family - don't talknaboutvit, run away....

We have the death penalty in this country-that is cruel and unusual punishment, Teresa wearing an evening gown and being paid in the high six figures to show her life and answer or react to a few questions about her legal situation is not.   Is she uncomfortable-obviously but maybe she might learn something listening to her family and friends and how they feel.

Now this I agree with. Brava! (to continue the opera theme!)

• Love 4

My earlier posts made it clear. Can't explain further than that.

Honestly, they haven't. That's why I asked. You've talked a lot about feeling bad for her, and the difficulties she's going through now, but nothing as to her alleged courage. The closest I could find was when you said she "suited up" for filming. That's it.

I agree that Jacqueline is a nut.  I used to like her but after she attacked Juicy at that one reunion (she demanded he tell her how she and Chris met, and he was like who cares but when he answered her she screamed "you're a liar!", which is so stupid because he did not even want to answer the question anyway!), it was clear how unhinged she is.  No, I am not a Juicy fan, lol.

Not a Jac or Juicy fan either, but IIRC, Jac was demanding Juicy repeat what he had said to others, which was that Jac was a stripper (or something like that) when she met Chris, and apparently that was not true and she was absolutely crazed to get the 'actual' facts of their meeting (which were acknowledged by Chris) out there. When Juicy did his patented shrug and 'who cares' bit, I figured that was as close as it would come to him admitting he'd been wrong - as far as I recall, juicy never did deny saying it.

• Love 2

I can't believe I stayed up to hear Caroline.  Wow-just unbelievable.  I can understand why so many here think that it is entirely reasonable for Chris and Dina sit down together and work out a brother/sister relationship-I don't agree that Jac is off the rails and couldn't contain herself. Until I heard Caroline tonight.  I don't care how wacko people think Jacqueline is-to demand your brother to leave his wife and his special needs child and 13 year old son so you can enjoy a brother sister relationship is way off the charts in the world of wacko.  Got to give this round of RH crazy to Dina-her sense of entitlement is off the charts.

This is why Tre and Dina are such good friends. Tre would have been more than happy to have Joey leave his family so that Tre could be the priority in his life once again.  It is all kinds of sick to me. 

• Love 8

I laughed my ass off when Teresa was in the bathroom with her microphone still on. That was funny. So is the twitter love for Teresa. Especially the parts about how her fans are going to write her in prison.

And what's up with the attitude Teresa and Dina have towards Andy? They weren't forced to be on this show through slave labor. They volunteered to put their whole lives on the television for people to laugh at because they wanted the money and the fame. Now they're pissed because they look like assholes? Real actresses don't do this crap because they realize the value of a private life.

When serious family problems and legal problems come up, you don't sign on for another season unless you want to answer hard questions and have the whole world gawk at you. You don't come back to a show right after your sister and brother leave unless you want to be asked why. You don't have a camera in your daughters' faces as their whole world crumbles around them unless you're a douche. You don't blame the host for ruining your family when you fully participated in the drama and the lying and the fighting.

• Love 15

Tre walking off the stage at he sight of her Aunt answering a question about her legal issues was nothing more than Tre showing contempt for her family (specifically Kathy).  This is what she has always done. If anyone else had being seen saying that, she would have stayed on the stage. She cannot look weak or minimized in front of her family because her entire routine from S3 on was to remind us of what horrible people they all were.  They came on the the show when she didn't want them to. As she would say "who does that?"  Kathy and Rich tried to talk to them about their spending and financial issues and she iced them out for it. Now she is a convicted criminal and they are building a nice house. Lots of people hate them, but they came out looking like the better people in most instances and that just kills Teresa. She won't give them the satisfaction. She doesn't even look at any members of her family on the stage - not once. Same reason she didn't want Mel and Joey in the courtroom with her. She wouldn't want them to see such public humiliation after pretending she was better than them for so long. 

I would have loved for Andy to ask Kathy if Tre had ever contacted her this summer when her daughter had a relapse.  

• Love 21

One of the twins made a comment to Amber about her nose. Was she implying Amber had a nose job? because it looks exactly the same to me. I'm getting a real vicious undertone from those twins, don't like them at all.  

• Love 16

I laughed my ass off when Teresa was in the bathroom with her microphone still on. That was funny. So is the twitter love for Teresa. Especially the parts about how her fans are going to write her in prison.

I wonder who she'll have read them to her since Tre's on record with her tendency not to read things............

• Love 6

Just some general thoughts

It's doesn't say much for the season when most of the  focus of the first part was the Guidices, Dina's old feud, and clips from past seasons.

Dina - it doesn't work that way. You don't feud for years and then magically wake up and have it all be over.

The twins and Amber added as much to the reunion as they did to the show.  Not much. But a large part of that was Andy's focus on the above.

I don't blame Teresa for leaving rather than listen to Kathy drone on about her.   At this point,  what does she have to lose?  I would have walked away too - truthfully, I don't know that I would have even shown up.  She had to figure it was going to be all about her, and she is clearly strained.  Yes, it's in her contract I'm sure, but what's Bravo going to do?  Sue her?  Good luck. 

And why was a segment devoted to Kathy and one to Jac?  Jac wasn't there (although she seemed to be, with her running commentary on twitter) and Kathy was part time.

Rosie thinks everyone should stop with twitter.  I've seen Rosie go into attack mode on twitter, she might start with herself.  And she also thinks that if you're on a reality show, you should expect negative things about your family.  Yet, a few seasons ago, she went ballistic when Teresa said something about her father.   Threatened to rip Teresa's tongue out IIRC.

Melissa, it seems, had alot she wanted to say but held her tongue.   When Melissa  becomes the reasonable, mature one, it doesn't say much for the rest of them.  But good for her for not engaging.

• Love 9

Can someone explain to me what happened between Dina and apparently everyone else to cause this family split? THey showed a scene from the first season where Dina and Jaq were screaming at each other, but I have no idea why. I also remember Caro bitching about Dina a few seasons back about their gay brother and Dina not being accepting or something like that.

Loved how Tre kept muttering that family is the most important thing when she has pretty much cut out the three family members sitting near her on the stage. WTF? 

• Love 5

As much as I can't stand her husband I don't mind Amber so much.  She's much better than the twins.  Those twins are nasty pieces of work.

I haven't watch the show in a couple of years, but I did watch the reunion last night.  What awful women.  I found the twins to be very petty and nasty.  Dina is as phony as they come.  All that bullshit about not being able to heal Nicholas.  Is she some sort of magical being.  Her dress and hair were awful.  Theresa in the ladies room did make me laugh.  I didn't mind Amber.  I didn't watch the season so I don't know what she's normally like, but she seemed a bit more genuine than the Dina and the snake sisters.

• Love 4

Wow.  That's a heck of a demand for a sister to make to her brother.   She'll never win that one.

My brother is married to a woman that has tried her best to alienate him from the rest of us.  I won't go into the details, but we continue to go out of our way to make her feel included and welcome at all family events (even though she rarely comes).

The point is we realized a long time ago, that this was who my brother chose to marry.  We may not like her, but we respect his decision and my family has always treated her kindly and with acceptance. Dina needs to realize this too.  In spite of her issues with Jac, she is her brother's wife, and she needs to respect that.

• Love 10

Can someone explain to me what happened between Dina and apparently everyone else to cause this family split? THey showed a scene from the first season where Dina and Jaq were screaming at each other, but I have no idea why. I also remember Caro bitching about Dina a few seasons back about their gay brother and Dina not being accepting or something like that.

Loved how Tre kept muttering that family is the most important thing when she has pretty much cut out the three family members sitting near her on the stage. WTF?

They reran Season One this past spring? recently, anyway, and said gay brother was with Dina planning some 'do or other and they were besties for life. And I've read that Dina felt betrayed because Danielle blamed her for the book and Jaq didn't support Caro's version that she, Caro, was wholly and only responsible for said book being passed around.

The thing that struck me most forcibly was Caro constantly putting Dina down for being worried about her young, 14 or so, daughter, going off to Greece for a few weeks. Caro couldn't shut up about parents letting go, but she couldn't sit still when her over-20 sons moved a couple towns away in Jersey. She had to squat down next and breathe down their necks. If I were Dina, I couldn't deal with Caro either. She's a pontificating idiot and her "generosity" comes with a price tag. I'm sure Caro was all over Dina about every little thing. I'd shut her out myself. And Jac? Chile, please....

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 13