Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I will honest and admit I would love to watch Teresa live in a regular home and deal with her bills. 

Not in a mean way.  I'd just be interested in how she manages. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 6

When did Jac use PPD as an excuse on the show? It seems that Caroline is the one that said it, not Jac. And it was Teresa that brought it up on the show again 2 seasons ago to hurt Jac and that is why Caroline revealed the PPD diagnoses. I agree that she needs to stop with the twitter rants but she is NOT the only HW to use twitter as an extension of the show. Teresa did as well until Feldman put a stop to it and Dina has used it this season as well, Dina has gone so far as to post videos "explaining" her side of the story from the reunion. LOL

When did Jac "yell out" accusations at the reunion that were not in direct response to Teresa revealing something personal, true OR not, about Jac first? Teresa knows which buttons to push when it comes to Jac, she succeeds in getting Jac to over react like it is child's play, she does that well with most of the other HW's as well. Teresa is a master of deflection by knowing her opponents weak spots, and YES Jac does seems to have a few of those, and zeroing in on them relentlessly until that person reacts then she cries that she is THE victim!

L

As far as twitter, Jac is up there with the likes of tiny Jim, Tamra Barney and that skinny drunk bitch from Beverly Hills. I've never seen any other HW come close to that level of insanity. She should be proud.

I teach my little nieces "she did it first" is not an excuse for bad behavior. If Theresa a jumped off a bridge would Jac follow?

I don't see any of these people as innocent or victims. I do see a lot of people who see someone being perceived as a bully and blaming all of their collective bad behaviors on that person. I find it hard to believe all of these women/mothers/wives have no control over their thoughts and senses when the idiot that is Theresa is around them. I've seen Theresa on this show, she just ain't that bright or creative.

• Love 8

I don't know if the BK re-aged the debt but if it didn't, the statute clock starts from the last activity or payment. So, if they hadn't made a payment to Neiman Marcus for 3 years before the stay then, they have 3 years to go to the courts for remedy.

I hate to say it but places like Neiman Marcus or Home Depot only care bad debt for so long and then write off.  So I think Teresa and Joe are pretty safe from some creditors because the debt is old.  I would be curious if the Towaco house is in Joe's name or just Teresa's.  Unless there are liens filed I doubt anyone will ever recover a dime from Joe.

• Love 3

Thank y'all for the info regarding the debt.  I've read upthread that the feds will garnish up to 25% of earnings.  Do you know if the other creditors will have to wait until the feds are paid, or can the garnishment go above 25% to include them?

How much humiliation can a girl take?

Eh, that "girl" deserves to take more, I say. Teresa should be nothing but grateful that her treatment on the show in regards to her felonious acts was so cupcake. Like others, I'll save my pity for the Giudices' victims, such as their tenants who were put in harmful conditions because their scumbag landlords viewed them as being lesser humans who didn't deserve the basic necessities for which they were entitled.

• Love 12

True, Wire Wrap.  I really, really can't handle Jac or Caroline but I also really don't see Teresa as calm person at all; the incident where Ashlee physically ripped out Dinyell's hair started because of Teresa chasing her down the country club (or Brownstone?  I don't remember), with Jac in hot pursuit and staring down Dinyell as Dinyell cowered in her town car after being attacked by Ashlee (Ashlee of course floated the bullshit that she was 'defending her mom' because she'd 'heard' Dinyell hit Jac.  Such damned b.s.).  I wanted Ashlee, Jac and Teresa all to get backhanded by fate for that mess.  All three of them charged after 1 woman who was trying to beat a retreat.  It was disgusting, though it did lead to Teresa's "Silverback" nickname, since she and Jac were I believe wearing janky furs courtesy of Posche Boutique while giving chase.  I just think Jac is also a very aggressive (aggressive-aggressive and passive-aggressive) woman in her own right - and nobody's victim, as much as she is equally IMO desperate to claim victim status. 

I agree what they did to Danielle was wrong to put it mildly! For the most part though, Jac dissolves into tears most of the time or she yells then cries. I do think Jac is emotionally weak and should not be on this type of show. I like Teresa and Jac together season 1 before the table flip, after I saw them both differently. LOL

• Love 1

Thank y'all for the info regarding the debt.  I've read upthread that the feds will garnish up to 25% of earnings.  Do you know if the other creditors will have to wait until the feds are paid, or can the garnishment go above 25% to include them?

I think at this point it is probably so darn hard for a creditor to figure out where the money is coming from that they probably can't get a levy in place before the Giudices get the check.  I have a feeling Giudices are probably out of money for attorneys fees to fight every creditor that pops up.   The feds restitution requires that after making a certain amount (in the case of Apollo Nida $250.00 a month or if is income is over $2,300.00, a month 25% and that is on $1.9 million) so that may help you out.  I think the repayment plans on restitution and taxes are just like any other bill-except if you stop paying, and so judgment creditors can swoop in and take a chunk.

Does anyone know how to get the property records on Teresa and Joe's Towaco house?  There use to be a NJ attorney who posted here that would whip up the records.  I would be curious if there are any liens at this point and who owns the house.

• Love 2

I hate to say it but places like Neiman Marcus or Home Depot only care bad debt for so long and then write off.  So I think Teresa and Joe are pretty safe from some creditors because the debt is old.

I think what happens with non-secured credit card bad debt is that it is sold to a collection agency who will continue to try and collect (often for years).  I'm not sure but I think it no longer impacts your credit score after a certain number of years, but these independent agencies can still try to collect.

I will honest and admit I would love to watch Teresa live in a regular home and deal with her bills. 

Not in a mean way.  I'd just be interested in how she manages. 

I agree!!  Now, to me, that would be a "Real" housewife (well, maybe not the husband in jail part), but dealing with essentially being a single Mom, living in a modest home, etc. would be interesting. 

• Love 1

As far as twitter, Jac is up there with the likes of tiny Jim, Tamra Barney and that skinny drunk bitch from Beverly Hills. I've never seen any other HW come close to that level of insanity. She should be proud.

I teach my little nieces "she did it first" is not an excuse for bad behavior. If Theresa a jumped off a bridge would Jac follow?

I don't see any of these people as innocent or victims. I do see a lot of people who see someone being perceived as a bully and blaming all of their collective bad behaviors on that person. I find it hard to believe all of these women/mothers/wives have no control over their thoughts and senses when the idiot that is Theresa is around them. I've seen Theresa on this show, she just ain't that bright or creative.

I guess for me, the response has less weight than the initial attack but that is just me and Teresa does the very same thing to them, blames them "for making her go there"! I do think Jac could defend herself in a much better way than spilling secrets. Of course, this is what Andy pays them to do, fight with each other and spill the beans. LOL

• Love 2

Of course she would, and then, Jac would blame Teresa for "making" her jump off the bridge, and then fake-cry, text and tweet about it ad nauseum....     :-)

• Love 3

I am beginning to think Andy LOVES the twitter wars and encourages them to a certain degree. That does NOT make it right but it keeps viewers talking long after  a season ends.

• Love 4

I agree!! Now, to me, that would be a "Real" housewife (well, maybe not the husband in jail part), but dealing with essentially being a single Mom, living in a modest home, etc. would be interesting.

I have a feeling we will get to see this. Sort of like the NJ edition of Mob Wives. You just know those tabloids and Bravo cameras are going to be up at Danbury next winter waiting for Theresa to walk out those doors. Even though many say they want to see her work a regular job to support her kids do we really think Theresa is gonna be able to go put in an application at Macys again? What company will put up with the media frenzy? Like it or not I think she'll be back on our tvs. Bravo is going to milk this for all its worth till the very bitter end. I predict bravo will keep the Gorgas on for the Juicy connection even if it's just random TH stating they got a letter from her. Anything to kill time before she gets out.

• Love 3

I guess for me, the response has less weight than the initial attack but that is just me and Teresa does the very same thing to them, blames them "for making her go there"! I do think Jac could defend herself in a much better way than spilling secrets. Of course, this is what Andy pays them to do, fight with each other and spill the beans. LOL

I wonder if they get bonuses based on spilling secrets.

I wonder if they get bonuses based on spilling secrets.

I would not put it past him! LOL I think if they do NOT "bring it" each season, they get relegated to "friend of" or worse, fired. I think that is his control, the paycheck!

• Love 1

I would not put it past him! LOL I think if they do NOT "bring it" each season, they get relegated to "friend of" or worse, fired. I think that is his control, the paycheck!

Sometimes, I think of all these women (from all franchises) as marionettes, and Andy up above, behind a curtain, pulling their strings, with the paycheck being the main string attached to them all.  None of them seem to interact organically or spontaneously anymore, at least on camera~~they seen to do what they think he wants them to do, just to secure their status (and paycheck, of course).

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 3

I have to say....I'm gonna start using Dina's defense for being a complete bitch.  "I'm just saying how I feel!"  "I said what I had to say in the press, can't we just let it all go now?"

WTF Lady?  She thinks she's way too important.  I love that because SHE doesn't want to discuss things that means everyone else needs to let their issues with her go or she just disengages.  What an immature bitch.

• Love 3

Sometimes, I think of all these women (from all franchises) as marionettes, and Andy up above, behind a curtain, pulling their strings, with the paycheck being the main string attached to them all.  None of them seem to interact organically or spontaneously anymore, at least on camera~~they seen to do what they think he wants them to do, just to secure their status (and paycheck, of course).

I think the Producers and crew playa BIG part in what happens both on and off camera. They have to keep the drama as high as possible or they will be replaced by another Production Company!  It was reported by Alex McCord that each HW has their own producer that is with them while they are on camera and talks to them off camera all the time as well. These are the people winding the HW's up, filling them in what others have said about them, they are the ones asking the HW's questions for their "interviews". There is more behind the scenes going on than just by the women themselves.

• Love 1

Their money is coming from Bravo. I think that is pretty much all they have really going on. They are fronting like the rest of them.

Bravo can't be paying that well. A huge part of the lure of reality shows for networks is that they're extremely cheap to produce. These people aren't make a million an episode like the gang over at Big Bang Theory. And Franklin Lakes is incredibly expensive. They're supposedly building a custom house on a large amount of land for New Jersey. That rental house alone has to be costing at least $4,000 a month or more. And its not like Melissa's singing career has taken off. I would like to see all these people's financial statements. The cars, the custom houses, the private schools. That money is coming from somewhere,

No one has commented on the incrediblly cheap, tacky set used for the reunion. It was like a bad drag queen show. With Andy sitting on that throne in the middle, and the housewives in their ugly ball gowns. And then they had to pan to the warehouse look of the building to show Teresa fleeing to the bathroom.

• Love 1

Once you file BK there is an automatic stay in place.  While things are being hashed out and until the discharge is granted the stay is in place.  A creditor has to apply for leave from the stay to file an adversary action.  One creditor did-Joe's former business partner.

Last spring the BK court closed the case essentially, and no longer has jurisdiction.  So the creditors are given the opportunity to file or execute judgments.  The Giudices, after the appeal time ran out then placed three properties and a at least one car up for sale.  So they are trying to sell before judgments can be obtained.

A stay is put in place to protect the estate.  If someone knew they were about to be sued, the statute of limitations was looming, all they would have to do is file BK, and then wait until the statute had passed and dismiss the BK.

Right, I understand that but, the statue isn't null and void. It still applies. There is still a time limit to pursue a judgment on Teresa and Joe. If the creditors fail to do so within the time limit they can no longer seek a civil judgment so it is not as if these debts follow them to the grave. So while the BK might have extended that time limit it didn't do so indefinitely.

Bravo can't be paying that well. A huge part of the lure of reality shows for networks is that they're extremely cheap to produce. These people aren't make a million an episode like the gang over at Big Bang Theory. And Franklin Lakes is incredibly expensive. They're supposedly building a custom house on a large amount of land for New Jersey. That rental house alone has to be costing at least $4,000 a month or more. And its not like Melissa's singing career has taken off. I would like to see all these people's financial statements. The cars, the custom houses, the private schools. That money is coming from somewhere,

No one has commented on the incrediblly cheap, tacky set used for the reunion. It was like a bad drag queen show. With Andy sitting on that throne in the middle, and the housewives in their ugly ball gowns. And then they had to pan to the warehouse look of the building to show Teresa fleeing to the bathroom.

Teresa was making something like $750,000 per year. They could be making less than half of that and afford the rent on that house.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 1

That's why they all suck. It's not black and white, good and bad. They are a bunch of fuckheads.

IRS is always first.

• Love 2

In other words, Andy's fantasyland? The set was quite apropos considering the veneer has been lifted from this show as we now know that few of them are actually people of (legitimate) means.

I think Caroline just used the words hormones or hormonal, not specifically PPD.

I posted a link a page back in which Caroline states in her blog that Jac was suffering from postpartum depression.  It was also discussed on an episode of WWHL in which both Caroline and Jac appeared.

• Love 1

Well, Joe Guidice DID comment on the set. Lol.

For all her talk of 'family' Teresa sure doesn't understand how one works. If my husband and I were going to jail for fraud you better believe my aunt would have something to say...as would my cousins, brothers, and parents. Like, just the thought has me nervous! Especially because they aren't addicts or something. They weren't put in an untenable situation that 'forced'them to break the law. They were just really greedy. I'd think with the life her aunt led, she'd be gobsmacked at the excess. Of course she commented. Imo, it was the most real thing all season. Sometimes your elders say things you don't like, but you listen, politely, out of respect. Don't even get me started on the way she's treated her brother, cousins, and sister-in-law.

It's ridiculous, stupid, and phony for the viewer to know what's going on and for them to either not discuss it or to make the Guidice's victims of circumstance. I actually have a few friends who watch the show, but don't read boards or gossip columns about it. They were all very sorry for Teresa and very much like, "oh, you know, that IRS can be very tricky!" Smart, good women. Totally suckered by Bravo editing.

• Love 6

I think at this point it is probably so darn hard for a creditor to figure out where the money is coming from that they probably can't get a levy in place before the Giudices get the check.  I have a feeling Giudices are probably out of money for attorneys fees to fight every creditor that pops up.   The feds restitution requires that after making a certain amount (in the case of Apollo Nida $250.00 a month or if is income is over $2,300.00, a month 25% and that is on $1.9 million) so that may help you out.  I think the repayment plans on restitution and taxes are just like any other bill-except if you stop paying, and so judgment creditors can swoop in and take a chunk.

Does anyone know how to get the property records on Teresa and Joe's Towaco house?  There use to be a NJ attorney who posted here that would whip up the records.  I would be curious if there are any liens at this point and who owns the house.

Here's the link to Morris County property records.  The house is in both Teresa and Joe's name.  Towaco is part of Montville.  There's a number of things there on a few properties.  I didn't really look at much of it.

http://mcclerksng.co.morris.nj.us/recordsng_web/default.aspx

If you color that wallpaper yellow/black it could be Aviva's living room! LOL That gave me a headache just seeing it on TV. LOL

• Love 1

Right, I understand that but, the statue isn't null and void. It still applies. There is still a time limit to pursue a judgment on Teresa and Joe. If the creditors fail to do so within the time limit they can no longer seek a civil judgment so it is not as if these debts follow them to the grave. So while the BK might have extended that time limit it didn't do so indefinitely.

Teresa was making something like $750,000 per year. They could be making less than half of that and afford the rent on that house.

Even if she did make $750K last season she was ONLY able to pay her mortgage and utilities with their legal bills. The sad part, and the part that ticks me off, is that even though she made big, easy money, they made NO attempt at repaying anyone from the failed BK list nor did the put any money away for the girls college years. NOT  once in the 4 years since they had to withdraw their BK attempt have they tried to repay anyone anything but instead kept buying junk/clothes like there was no tomorrow!

• Love 3

In my dream, Joe Gorga delivers a Vanderpump-type fist to Tiny Jim's face.  I hope the law suit goes to a jury.  Good luck finding 12 jurors who sympathize with Tiny Jim.  

I like to imagine that if someone punched Tiny Jim and it went to trial, the jury's verdict would be that they each want to punch Tiny Jim too.  That man is his own worst enemy.  It could be like the scene in Airplane.  They would all line up to take a smack at him.  

• Love 4

The cookiegate debacle was funny when it was realized that the cookie recipe Kathy was frothing over was due to a picture of said cookie in Tre's cookbook.  Oh, Mama P supposedly produced an old handwritten recipe of the cookie on weathered paper.  Funny though, that cookie recipe wasn't in Tre's cookbook and the picture Kathy was having a conniption fit over was simply a stock photo used as a filler in the book.  Hmmm, did I miss when Kathy apologized for her smear of Tre?  No of course not.  I also don't remember Tre "overreacting" to this situation.  I think her feelings were more along the line of "get the F outta here Kathy" and she kept on rolling.  Yet Kathy had the audacity to ask Tre to write a blurb for her own cookbook.

Kathy did not smear recipe-thief Teresa IMO, yeah Kathy was being passive-aggressive but she was 1 for 2. One of the items she pointed out was a waffle type item that was a component of the dish, no recipe for was given for that component rather the direction was to buy it pre-made.

The second item she pointed out was a cookie and Kathy did produce an "old handwritten recipe of the cookie on weathered paper" and the "ingrediences" portion of the recipe matched what Teresa published in her book, IIRC it was nearly the exact same sequence, and the quantities were the same proportions but in the book recipe the quantity was halved - Kathy's mother, Maria's recipe looked like it was designed to produce a big batch of cookies for an event or a big, family dinner.

IIRC the story was that Teresa's mother, Antonia called Maria and asked for certain recipes and Maria gave them to Antonia. So to me Teresa acquired her aunt's cookie recipe and published it in her book and did not then give her aunt a credit let alone a nickel, and then she got mightily ticked off at Kathy when Kathy brought up on camera that Teresa used her mother's recipe in her cookbook of "family" recipes.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 3

I noticed the blue tape holding the shiny white floor down. 

Did Andy post his favorite shoe picture?  Or where all of them afraid to show their expensive shoes in case the Feds were watching?  LOL

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2

I am looking forward to Thursday's Part 2 and am hoping we get to see some of Teresa and/or Nicole doing their frenzied pole dance for attention and respect -- It should be mightily amusing.  They are some thirsty girls. 

I would imagine that these last few months of relative freedom will be the worst for Teresa--waiting for the event to begin is what shatters the nerves and it's not like she's being shipped off to Oz.

Once she gets to wherever she's going, she'll do what humans do -- adapt to the circumstances and fall into the routines, maybe make some new friends, something I think would benefit her greatly.  It's hard not to keep stressing how fortunate she was to receive such a light sentence, and I do believe that the Bravo cameras will be waiting for her when she gets out.  I can see Bravo creating a whole new subset of product for her -- like someone posted above, astutely, a show of more modest proportions like "Mob Wives."  I would definitely be one of those tuning in to see how she fares in the real world.  That being said, it'll be good to have her gone for a spell -- She's heinous and this has been a long time coming.  This is a nasty and mean-spirited thing to say, but I can totally see Joe counting down the days, just waiting for her to begin her college experience.  

I like the glimpses of New Jersey I get to experience and would love to see the show survive and prosper.  The twins need to go without a doubt and Amber and Jim bring nothing but second-hand embarrassment and agita. One thing the Giudices did well was fuse buffoonery, villainy, and comedy.  That's not easy to do and it what makes them valuable to this little opera. 

And I'm also curious to see how Andy Cohen is altered by all this on his cloying talk show, if at all.  Three felons in one short season.  That's some critical mass right there when you consider that BH brought us one full blown family tragedy. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 5

Kathy did not smear recipe-thief Teresa IMO, yeah Kathy was being passive-aggressive but she was 1 for 2. One of the items she pointed out was a waffle type item that was a component of the dish, no recipe for was given for that component rather the direction was to buy it pre-made.

The second item she pointed out was a cookie and Kathy did produce an "old handwritten recipe of the cookie on weathered paper" and the "ingrediences" portion of the recipe matched what Teresa published in her book, IIRC it was nearly the exact same sequence, and the quantities were the same proportions but in the book recipe the quantity was halved - Kathy's mother, Maria's recipe looked like it was designed to produce a big batch of cookies for an event or a big, family dinner.

IIRC the story was that Teresa's mother, Antonia called Kathy's mother, Maria and asked for the recipes and Maria gave them to Antonia. So to me Teresa acquired her aunt's cookie recipe and published it in her book and did not then give her aunt a credit let alone a nickel, and then she got mightily ticked off at Kathy when Kathy brought up on camera that Teresa used her mother's recipe in her family cookbook.

The thing that kills me about this cookie crap is that if you poll this board for those of us from big Italian families and ask us to produce a particular cookie recipe, they're all gonna be the same! And I bet they match Theresa and Kathy's mothers recipes. It's not rocket science to make a wrap cookie or pizzelle.

• Love 9

I find the twitter engagements entertaining.  These women signed up for a show that can give them bad edits and it is nice they have a way to bring us up to date.  As to Jacqueline-I say tweet away, if she starts talking about Martians landing in Hoboken then take it away but for the most part she has a constant need to "set things straight". When she does she starts talking. I love it when one celeb is on WWHL and Andy gets a tweet or a text that challenges what the guest is saying.  There is one site that acts as if the world is ending every time certain RHNJ tweets.  Now Dina is going at it and tomorrow the sun might not rise in the east.  How could Dina?  Dina is just so indignant that she finally got called on her stuff with the family.  I don't care what Dina tries to explain away her anger towards Jacqueline overrode  her fakeness and she has gotten caught with the preverbal "tit in the wringer".  It made me realize-Dina isn't all that bright.

Social media is really adding a third element to these shows.  Bravo went cheap and got rid of their boards and even the comments after the blogs-pushing viewers towards Facebook and tweeting.  So we have Dina doing post show videos, Teresa and Nene wrote blogs last season that Bravo would not put up, Teresa has her co-author, tweeting the injustices of it all, there is always the selling of stories but the winner of being a true Twitter weenie has got to be Jim Marchese.  He insults, threatens to sue makes accusations, does retractions all in the span of an evening-and you don't even have to see his face.  He has insults galore so it can be entertaining.

Thought I would link Sunday's ratings-pretty good but I think they will be well under 2 million on Thursday.  http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/11/04/sunday-cable-ratings-walking-dead-tops-night-talking-dead-skyscraper-live-the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey-more/323592/

• Love 5

And if the ratings tanked as someone else said, I think it had more to do with those gross twins and Amber joining the cast and then being sideswiped with doses of Kathy and Jacqueline. Yuck.

Yeah, these thirsty hags have got to GO.

• Love 1

The thing that kills me about this cookie crap is that if you poll this board for those of us from big Italian families and ask us to produce a particular cookie recipe, they're all gonna be the same! And I bet they match Theresa and Kathy's mothers recipes. It's not rocket science to make a wrap cookie or pizzelle.

It's not just an Italian thing, the main "ingrediences" for cookies are pretty much the same across several cultures. Teresa could have developed her own recipe fairly easily, but being the thief and fraudster that she is, she stole her aunt's recipe.

ETA:

IIRC the cookies in question were sprinkle cookies and we know how Teresa feels about sprinkle cookies, so it's really not Teresa's fault that she stole the recipe, it's...um... Italy's fault for having these dreaded cookies be one it its signature desserts forcing their favorite daughter to include it in her recipe book and, given her aversion, she was forced to acquire the recipe in a way that was efficient and required minimum contact from her with the cookies, lest she be tempted to throw them out.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 3

Were the cookies in question really sprinkle cookies - I thought they were pizelles (sp?) - if they were that would be awesome.

I guess I'm the only one who thought Kathy actually looked nice. Better than Stassi Schoeder at least.

Now finished the Napa Valley episode on Hulu where Juicy (still love you) calls Teresa a bitch and cunt on the phone with his "worker". I assume Teresa had no clue (though see not bright) before she dragged him off to have reluctant fake sex in the vineyard within sight of the cast and with audio/video. Not to mention it had the KFC fight between Al and Juicy. Good times!

• Love 6

Well, Joe Guidice DID comment on the set. Lol.

For all her talk of 'family' Teresa sure doesn't understand how one works. If my husband and I were going to jail for fraud you better believe my aunt would have something to say...as would my cousins, brothers, and parents. Like, just the thought has me nervous! Especially because they aren't addicts or something. They weren't put in an untenable situation that 'forced'them to break the law. They were just really greedy. I'd think with the life her aunt led, she'd be gobsmacked at the excess. Of course she commented. Imo, it was the most real thing all season. Sometimes your elders say things you don't like, but you listen, politely, out of respect. Don't even get me started on the way she's treated her brother, cousins, and sister-in-law.

It's ridiculous, stupid, and phony for the viewer to know what's going on and for them to either not discuss it or to make the Guidice's victims of circumstance. I actually have a few friends who watch the show, but don't read boards or gossip columns about it. They were all very sorry for Teresa and very much like, "oh, you know, that IRS can be very tricky!" Smart, good women. Totally suckered by Bravo editing.

Excellent.  I am sure as Teresa rose to fame with the RHONJ-really only a span of about 18 months during which she managed to file for BK, her extended family celebrated her good fortune.  Certainly they probably commented on the hot headed women who flipped a table and chased another woman down at a country club.  So with her celebrity always came a little bit "fame by misbehavior".   

When her family joined the show they also have to share the ups and downs of their very famous cousin.  I agree my extended family certainly celebrates everyone's good fortune but when someone screws up their lips are moving just as fast and everyone has an opinion and seems to voice it.  Teresa even admits to sitting around and listen to her mother gossip and has passed the family tradition down to Gia.  So why would she think or not allow them to express their thoughts now?

I just find it odd and I do have to remember this tape was filmed over a month ago after being convicted and sentence for fraud and concealment these two knuckleheads now want to talk about what a drunk Joe is because it might benefit them.  Joe didn't seem to have a problem with alcohol five years ago when he got arrested for a DUI now he is a hopeless drunk, over the death of his father who will be caring for four minor children.

Her fan base is shrinking but persistent.  There is nothing she can do that will sway them.  If there are Teresa Giudice lunch boxes out there these folks have them.  I wish I could be that kind of devoted to one of these women but I pretty much react to what they do on the show and social media.

• Love 4

It is delicious to see the so full of herself Dina made to squirm and deflect.  Her whole thing about being separated but still living with Tommy and still enjoying sex with him was so bizarre.  What the hell, woman?  If all of that is true, why exactly are you getting divorced? Oh, wait -- you're not getting divorced except when you are, maybe.  So dumb and confusing. 

She's Zen, whatever that means!, in the same way Pier One is Zen.  Ridiculous.  She came across poorly at the Reunion--incoherent, mean about her little nephew, clueless about autism spectrum for sure, and she looked absurd in that Elvira meets Shiva get-up.  It was great. Some chicks think that decorating with Buddhas and setting up altars -- i.e., appropriating other cultures' religious and spiritual symbols -- equals being Krishnamurti.  She's confusing her tacky interior decor with real spiritual practices. 

I actually thought the Reunion was pretty fantastic in terms of "I can't believe what I'm hearing and seeing."  Much much more entertaining than this entire pretty dull season. 

The amount of bitchery over these cookbooks is hilarious too.  Rino and Mrs. Pieri have done more to make my mouth water and showcase what's possible than all of these cookbooks put together. 

• Love 8

Were the cookies in question really sprinkle cookies - I thought they were pizelles (sp?) - if they were that would be awesome.

Kathy pointed to two items and claimed them as her mother's, one was a pizzelle. Kathy was wrong about the pizzelle in that the pizzelle was a component in an ice cream sandwich type recipe (IIRC), and the recipe called for the pizzelle to be store bought, most likely because you need a special type of waffle iron to make them.

The other item was, drum roll, sprinkle cookies - in the actual scene Kathy referred to them simply as "her mother's cookies" (IIRC).

• Love 1

I really want to see the Guidice's lose that big, tacky McMansion. Why are they still living there? There is no way they can afford the mortgage payments, let alone the cost of the utilities and upkeep on that eyesore. That house means everything to them, a symbol of their "success". Bigger than any of their friends or families homes, oh yes, they were the envy of all of them.  It will be their final fall from grace and I can't wait. 

Edited by demarti
  • Love 5

It is delicious to see the so full of herself Dina made to squirm and deflect.  Her whole thing about being separated but still living with Tommy and still enjoying sex with him was so bizarre.  What the hell, woman?  If all of that is true, why exactly are you getting divorced? Oh, wait -- you're not getting divorced except when you are, maybe.  So dumb and confusing. 

She's Zen, whatever that means!, in the same way Pier One is Zen.  Ridiculous.  She came across poorly at the Reunion--incoherent, mean about her little nephew, clueless about autism spectrum for sure, and she looked absurd in that Elvira meets Shiva get-up.  It was great. Some chicks think that decorating with Buddhas and setting up altars -- i.e., appropriating other cultures' religious and spiritual symbols -- equals being Krishnamurti.  She's confusing her tacky interior decor with real spiritual practices. 

I actually thought the Reunion was pretty fantastic in terms of "I can't believe what I'm hearing and seeing."  Much much more entertaining than this entire pretty dull season. 

The amount of bitchery over these cookbooks is hilarious too.  Rino and Mrs. Pieri have done more to make my mouth water and showcase what's possible than all of these cookbooks put together. 

I think Dina claims to be sleeping with Tommy just to anger anyone who might be seeing him.  Same with the closet-I bet her stuff has all been removed.  That closet may have been her downfall the $40,000.00 addition over the garage.  She probably hasn't found her way to the master bedroom since that was built in 2010 too many mirrors for her to leave.

I must say I think Kathy's dessert book has some pretty good recipes.  Her recipes are labor intensive.  I think she and Rino might be able to knock out a pretty good dinner and dessert.  I want to be one of the eight guests the next time Rino whips up 28 lobster tails-I'll be bringing a doggy bag.

• Love 5

I do agree that folks make comebacks, but I don't think there are many that do it in these circumstances. Teresa and Juicy seem to have no marketable skills. They are not talented singers, actors, directors, or lifestyles gurus.  Even Teresa's Attorney said that she basically had little way to make a living as she has no real skills or background to make any real money. The most telling thing of all IMO is that they have actually been making some real money over the last couple of years - more money than they ever made before or ever will again. With her Bravo salary, speaking fees, book sales, etc., they were earning a very nice living.

Not sure about Joe as a contractor now with his fraud convictions, but they definitely have a marketable brand with the whole Skinny Italian line, etc.She'd do great with a cooking show.

Absolutely - I just don't think there's been any evidence whatsoever that Jacqueline suffered from PPD.  She suffered from having a bitchy, manipulative SIL. 

If Jac had been diagnosed with PPD, I think she'd use it as a 'platform' for attention for herself, like she does with Nicholas and his autism diagnosis. We'd never hear the end of it, and ob gyns always look for PPD symptoms with subsequent pregnancies, if it's been previously diagnosed.

I watched the rest of it last night, and now I do feel a little bad for Teresa. She did look increasingly miserable as the hour wore on. I hope Andy is not planning to spend the next 2 hours on the legal thing, because it really started to get boring as hell. And i really want to know where Joe Gorga's money is really coming from. I think a lot of these people have creative financial statements.

I was surpised that Amber had full lose your hair chemotherapy for stage 1 breast cancer. I don't think that is typical. I assumed she was stage 2. I did like that she owned up to the The Cancer thing and said she would keep saying it and didn't care.

Teresa looked shell-shocked to me, too. Overwhelmed, scared, confused, medicated, and just digesting it all, I guess. I think ALL of them, except maybe the twins and Rosie, have some creative income going on. We know the Wakiles and Lauritas have had money issues. I think this is why Melissa has wisely remained so silent through it all. She doesn't want any more digging into her own financials.

I am beginning to think Andy LOVES the twitter wars and encourages them to a certain degree. That does NOT make it right but it keeps viewers talking long after  a season ends.

Oh you know he does. Andy thrives on this sort of turmoil, and it's made him a fortune, a household name, etc.

• Love 3

I think Dina claims to be sleeping with Tommy just to anger anyone who might be seeing him.  Same with the closet-I bet her stuff has all been removed.  That closet may have been her downfall the $40,000.00 addition over the garage.  She probably hasn't found her way to the master bedroom since that was built in 2010 too many mirrors for her to leave.

I must say I think Kathy's dessert book has some pretty good recipes.  Her recipes are labor intensive.  I think she and Rino might be able to knock out a pretty good dinner and dessert.  I want to be one of the eight guests the next time Rino whips up 28 lobster tails-I'll be bringing a doggy bag.

Did you buy Kathy's dessert book? I confess I did and it will arrive tomorrow. I cook and bake a lot and I am always looking for good dessert books. Save me a seat for the lobster feast! I'll bring the bibs! LOL

Why does someone need a closet that size? There is no way you can wear all those clothes in a year. I mean, how many evening gowns, dresses and day to day clothes does 1 woman need? Does she ever donate her gently worn outfits? The same for Teresa and Melissa and any other HW that has a closet the size of most peoples living rooms! LOL

zooeysmom and wirewrap--I read an interview with Kathy yesterday talking about her cookbook -- I am a disaster at linking so forgive me -- but she came across as really articulate and likable in describing the book's take and attitude.  These are all mini-dessert recipes, right? -- tiny little sweets -- so that folks can enjoy a sweet morsel without feeling guilty.  And the small sizes make it possible to share or some such.  I'm biased, because I do like her, and would probably buy the book if I were into boutique desserts.  I lost my taste for sweets several years ago and only keep these things in the house for my son and husband.  Don't have the energy to tackle this kind of intensive baking myself.  But it looked like a cute book and her rationale was well-presented.  Also liked how the recipes are presented in seasonal order.  Sounds like she worked with a good editor. 

I'm almost certain that I saw Rino outside his restaurant in Little Italy a couple of years ago.  I was visiting Manhattan with my son and he was outside his restaurant trying to get folks to come in.  He was outside on the street with the door open behind him and the smells were great.  He's very striking looking in person, beautifully dressed, very engaging--much more attractive than what we see on TV.  My kid was intent on something else or I would have gone in to eat.  Sorry I didn't.  He came right up to us and I was half hypnotized between the look and the smells.  This kind of stuff is what the show should be about more. New Jersey-Italian culture is so rich and fun. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 6

Not sure about Joe as a contractor now with his fraud convictions, but they definitely have a marketable brand with the whole Skinny Italian line, etc.She'd do great with a cooking show.

If Jac had been diagnosed with PPD, I think she'd use it as a 'platform' for attention for herself, like she does with Nicholas and his autism diagnosis. We'd never hear the end of it, and ob gyns always look for PPD symptoms with subsequent pregnancies, if it's been previously diagnosed.

Teresa looked shell-shocked to me, too. Overwhelmed, scared, confused, medicated, and just digesting it all, I guess. I think ALL of them, except maybe the twins and Rosie, have some creative income going on. We know the Wakiles and Lauritas have had money issues. I think this is why Melissa has wisely remained so silent through it all. She doesn't want any more digging into her own financials.

Oh you know he does. Andy thrives on this sort of turmoil, and it's made him a fortune, a household name, etc.

Both Teresa and Joe said on the WWHL interview that they lost ALL of their endorsement deals, all of them. I do not think there will be anyone waiting to sign Teresa up for a long time if ever to be their spokes person. Those Skinny Italian dishes were NOT based on her recipes or her mothers either.

It is possible that Jac had PPD after having CJ but not after having Nick and because we did not meet her until well after CJ was born we could not compare the differences between those to deliveries.

I am of the opinion that Andy/Bravo look for new cast members with money problem AND/OR those that fail the Rorschach Test! LOL

• Love 4

Kathy pointed to two items and claimed them as her mother's, one was a pizzelle. Kathy was wrong about the pizzelle in that the pizzelle was a component in an ice cream sandwich type recipe (IIRC), and the recipe called for the pizzelle to be store bought, most likely because you need a special type of waffle iron to make them.The other item was, drum roll, sprinkle cookies - in the actual scene Kathy referred to them simply as "her mother's cookies" (IIRC).

If it wasn't for the return of Vanderpump Rules - that would have made my night. Maybe it's just certain sprinkle cookies Teresa doesn't like? I love the good Italian ones BTW, and given how pretentious Melissa is, I'm assuming hers weren't from Giant.

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 2

zooeysmom and wirewrap--I read an interview with Kathy yesterday talking about her cookbook -- I am a disaster at linking so forgive me -- but she came across as really articulate and likable in describing the book's take and attitude.  These are all mini-dessert recipes, right? -- tiny little sweets -- so that folks can enjoy a sweet morsel without feeling guilty.  And the small sizes make it possible to share or some such.  I'm biased, because I do like her, and would probably buy the book if I were into boutique desserts.  I lost my taste for sweets several years ago and only keep these things in the house for my son and husband.  Don't have the energy to tackle this kind of intensive baking myself.  But it looked like a cute book and her rationale was well-presented.  Also liked how the recipes are presented in seasonal order.  Sounds like she worked with a good editor. 

I'm almost certain that I saw Rino outside his restaurant in Little Italy a couple of years ago.  I was visiting Manhattan with my son and he was outside his restaurant trying to get folks to come in.  He was outside on the street with the door open behind him and the smells were great.  He's very striking looking in person, beautifully dressed, very engaging--much more attractive than what we see on TV.  My kid was intent on something else or I would have gone in to eat.  Sorry I didn't.  He came right up to us and I was half hypnotized between the look and the smells.  This kind of stuff is what the show should be about more. New Jersey-Italian culture is so rich and fun. 

I bake from scratch every Sunday or Monday! I am now a stay at home wife and care for our Grand daughter, 3 years old, during the week. When she, Kathy, is shown cooking or backing I feel like Homer Simpson and start drooling! LOL I will try to increase her recipes to normal size so that they are easier to store/refrigerate for lunches for my husband and son throughout the week. I now have my GD helping me bake and cook, I had a friend make us matching aprons!

I also wish Andy/Bravo would feature more of the women and their families REAL lives with far less staged get together/s and faux/forced drama/fighting. It was  fun to see Teresa/Joe and the parents jar sauce, the Manzo's cook and BS around the kitchen island, Kathy and Victoria baking/cooking while Rich and son pester them.........I need more of that and less of scenes like the VG sit down, the sit down between Teresa, Dina and Kathy! JMO

• Love 4