Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I think Melissa and Joe are keeping a much lower profile this past season because they are shitting their pants hoping that what happend to Tre and Joe doesn't happen to them. 

Nah, I think Melissa and Joe were really worried about Teresa/Joe and most of all, their daughters. I suspect much of Joeys anger at Joe that last 2 season had a lot to do with what ended up happening to his sister this year, I am sure he blames Joe for leading Teresa into a life of crime. Just as much as I am sure that the Giudice family holds Teresa responsible for their son's criminal path. JMO

• Love 4

It is possible that Jac had PPD after having CJ but not after having Nick and because we did not meet her until well after CJ was born we could not compare the differences between those to deliveries.

We didn't see CJ's birth, but if she had been diagnosed with PPD after his birth, when she punched Caroline, she would have reminded us over and over and over that she had PPD once, and was prone to again. There is definitely an increased probability that a mother who dealt with it once will deal with it again. 

If those Skinny Italian recipes weren't Teresa's, then whose were they? You can't say Kathy's, when they were all basic Italian cooking. I bought the first book. NOTHING was earth shattering original or Wolfgang Puck innovative or Julia Child complicated, but they were all pretty good. Legally, all you have to do to create your 'own' recipe instead of a variation of anything else, is change one ingredient - add some parsley, change 1/4 tsp salt to 1/2 tsp, and you've basically got the same thing, but not. There are only so many ways you can boil pasta or press a pizzelle, and it's all very similar.

Honestly, there's no reason all of them can't publish a cookbook, and the whole Recipegate is just trite and pathetic at this point.

• Love 6

We didn't see CJ's birth, but if she had been diagnosed with PPD after his birth, when she punched Caroline, she would have reminded us over and over and over that she had PPD once, and was prone to again. There is definitely an increased probability that a mother who dealt with it once will deal with it again. 

If those Skinny Italian recipes weren't Teresa's, then whose were they? You can't say Kathy's, when they were all basic Italian cooking. I bought the first book. NOTHING was earth shattering original or Wolfgang Puck innovative or Julia Child complicated, but they were all pretty good. Legally, all you have to do to create your 'own' recipe instead of a variation of anything else, is change one ingredient - add some parsley, change 1/4 tsp salt to 1/2 tsp, and you've basically got the same thing, but not. There are only so many ways you can boil pasta or press a pizzelle, and it's all very similar.

Honestly, there's no reason all of them can't publish a cookbook, and the whole Recipegate is just trite and pathetic at this point.

Her SI line was with some food distributor , the same with her hair care line. They came to Teresa and paid her to be the "face" of their product. The big giveaway that they are not from her recipes/books are the various olive oils, Teresa does not make homemade olive oil and she does not make "gelato bars" from scratch either. Even this latest version of her sparkling wine was not hers, it is made in Italy and they were not allowed to leave the country when the partnered with the distributor

I agree, they could all do a cookbook on their own and I, for 1, am glad Kathy did.  Someone I respect suggested Teresa's first cookbook, so I bought it for $1.00. I am not Italian but I made almost all of those recipes before I got her book by watching various cooking shows and by using old country cookbooks. I LOVE Fabio's recipes BTW.  LOL 

Jac had Nick off season though, didn't she? Teresa was filmed having Adrianna but Nick was born before they started filming that season and was a month or 2 old by the time we saw him make his first appearance. I also think/suspect that Jac was/is embarrassed that she had PPD after CJ, she does not like being told or hearing that she is emotionally weak.

• Love 3

The recipes were mostly from Teresa's mother but there were also recipes from Joe Gi's family as well. Teresa did acknowledge / credit her parents and in laws.

They're related so I'm guessing that everyone in their family has the same damn cookie recipe. If it's a family recipe, I'm sure it came from the same source. Meh.

And the decent thing to do would be to credit that source.
  • Love 1

zooeysmom and wirewrap--I read an interview with Kathy yesterday talking about her cookbook -- I am a disaster at linking so forgive me -- but she came across as really articulate and likable in describing the book's take and attitude.  These are all mini-dessert recipes, right? -- tiny little sweets -- so that folks can enjoy a sweet morsel without feeling guilty.  And the small sizes make it possible to share or some such.  I'm biased, because I do like her, and would probably buy the book if I were into boutique desserts.  I lost my taste for sweets several years ago and only keep these things in the house for my son and husband.  Don't have the energy to tackle this kind of intensive baking myself.  But it looked like a cute book and her rationale was well-presented.  Also liked how the recipes are presented in seasonal order.  Sounds like she worked with a good editor. 

I'm almost certain that I saw Rino outside his restaurant in Little Italy a couple of years ago.  I was visiting Manhattan with my son and he was outside his restaurant trying to get folks to come in.  He was outside on the street with the door open behind him and the smells were great.  He's very striking looking in person, beautifully dressed, very engaging--much more attractive than what we see on TV.  My kid was intent on something else or I would have gone in to eat.  Sorry I didn't.  He came right up to us and I was half hypnotized between the look and the smells.  This kind of stuff is what the show should be about more. New Jersey-Italian culture is so rich and fun. 

I am impressed with Kathy's baking knowledge and I am quite certain Santa will be bringing me her book-Zoe seemed to light up when she read Kathy had a dessert book.  Mini-desserts are quite popular and look great.  What I thought was interesting is she combined some Middle-Eastern favorites.  I hope she does well-her book isn't something that is trendy it would be one to have for a long time.  Kathy had a recipe up today for blueberry muffins via her twitter through a link.

• Love 4

The recipes were mostly from Teresa's mother but there were also recipes from Joe Gi's family as well. Teresa did acknowledge / credit her parents and in laws.

And the decent thing to do would be to credit that source.

The recipes in her cookbooks were from her family. I was talking about her SI line of foods! You can buy them on her site still but nowhere else, the same with her sparkling wine.

Were the cookies in question really sprinkle cookies - I thought they were pizelles (sp?) - if they were that would be awesome.

I guess I'm the only one who thought Kathy actually looked nice. Better than Stassi Schoeder at least.

Now finished the Napa Valley episode on Hulu where Juicy (still love you) calls Teresa a bitch and c*** on the phone with his "worker". I assume Teresa had no clue (though see not bright) before she dragged him off to have reluctant fake sex in the vineyard within sight of the cast and with audio/video. Not to mention it had the KFC fight between Al and Juicy. Good times!

Just for you Jennifer of video of the famous Pizelle cookies.  That would be buy them at the store, put ice cream between two of them and rim them in chocolate chips.  Here in Napa-we call that assembling not cooking.  The first part of the video is pretty funny -she is make some hot shrimp or maybe Arrabiatta Shrimp and all she does is open a jar of tomato sauce (hers) sautés onion and garlic and adds some parsely in a lot of oil and dumps the jar in-I don't know how she made it hot and spicy.  Then she brings on the shrimp another ton of oil with onion and garlic and then dumps it all together over her angel hair pasta.  I do not see a cooking show in her future.  The mispronunciations are pretty funny.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M-yUjKzot8

• Love 3

I'm almost certain that I saw Rino outside his restaurant in Little Italy a couple of years ago.  I was visiting Manhattan with my son and he was outside his restaurant trying to get folks to come in.  He was outside on the street with the door open behind him and the smells were great.  He's very striking looking in person, beautifully dressed, very engaging--much more attractive than what we see on TV.  My kid was intent on something else or I would have gone in to eat.  Sorry I didn't.  He came right up to us and I was half hypnotized between the look and the smells.  This kind of stuff is what the show should be about more. New Jersey-Italian culture is so rich and fun. 

Copa - I've eaten at his Little Italy restaurant (once) and the Brooklyn restaurant, Ponte Vecchio, (several times) and I can attest to the deliciousness of the food at both!!  Now, this was before I even knew who Rino was, so can't recall whether he was there or not, unfortunately.

If the restaurant in New Jersey does open (not exactly sure where near/in Colts Neck it is), I will definitely be checking that one out, too!!   :-)

• Love 1

Just for you Jennifer of video of the famous Pizelle cookies. That would be buy them at the store, put ice cream between two of them and rim them in chocolate chips. Here in Napa-we call that assembling not cooking. The first part of the video is pretty funny -she is make some hot shrimp or maybe Arrabiatta Shrimp and all she does is open a jar of tomato sauce (hers) sautés onion and garlic and adds some parsely in a lot of oil and dumps the jar in-I don't know how she made it hot and spicy. Then she brings on the shrimp another ton of oil with onion and garlic and then dumps it all together over her angel hair pasta. I do not see a cooking show in her future. The mispronunciations are pretty funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M-yUjKzot8

Thanks! But gotta get back to Vanderpump Rules. Everybody should come over - it's tons of snarkalicious fun.

Just for you Jennifer of video of the famous Pizelle cookies.  That would be buy them at the store, put ice cream between two of them and rim them in chocolate chips.  Here in Napa-we call that assembling not cooking.  The first part of the video is pretty funny -she is make some hot shrimp or maybe Arrabiatta Shrimp and all she does is open a jar of tomato sauce (hers) sautés onion and garlic and adds some parsely in a lot of oil and dumps the jar in-I don't know how she made it hot and spicy.  Then she brings on the shrimp another ton of oil with onion and garlic and then dumps it all together over her angel hair pasta.  I do not see a cooking show in her future.  The mispronunciations are pretty funny.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M-yUjKzot8

Damn the video doesn't seem to work on my IPad - now I'm disappointed.

Edited by Jennifersdc

I am borrowing from other posters on the board.  After Season 1 was successful, Caroline thought it would be a good idea for the group-probably not Danielle, to write a cookbook of the cast's favorite recipes.  Well they were mulling it over Teresa went out and got a book contract and even went so far until her last book to mention the cast she cut out of the deal.

Heather MacLean was hire by the publisher to write the book from Teresa's perspective.  Teresa did not do any calorie testing, or nutritional charts, Heather came up with these pretty basic recipes and cut the fat content.  Teresa contributed few dishes Peas and Ham and the effing Steak Pizziaola (sp), and shrimp with tomato sauce.  A lot of the book is just talking about the show and the cast.  She even mentions Bethenny Frankel and cuts her down.  So by the third book, the cast who had been beaten out of the starting gate was tired of being mentioned and some of the comments are pretty crappy and Teresa exploiting them for her financial gain.  The recipes got sillier and sillier when writer Heather would write I found this list of just ingredients in Teresa's mother's recipe file.  I played around and came up with this rustic apple cake.  In other words Heather had a recipe and wanted to give someone credit in Terresa's family.  Personally I think if they like to cook they should all write cookbooks.

Heather then began writing Teresa's blogs to keep "the voice" using words like napalm.  That is when Teresa got busted by Lauren. 

I so agree about recipes how many variations are there of Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies? 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

Even though the headline sounds ominous and immediate, this link is about what's required of Teresa after her release from prison.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1585431/teresa-giudices-home-to-be-searched-for-contraband/

“Giudice must check-in with her probation officer within 72 hours after leaving prison,” Radar Online reported on November 4. After that, Giudice must “permit a probation officer to visit him/her at any time at home or elsewhere, and shall permit confiscation of any contraband.

From there, Giudice is expected to follow several court-ordered guidelines. As documents revealed, Giudice will be required to be employed at a “lawful occupation unless excused by the probation officer for schooling, training or other acceptable reasons.” If Giudice moves, her probation officer must be notified. Further, Giudice must refrain from drinking large amounts of alcohol, and controlled substances are banned.

“Giudice will need to get permission from probation officials to associate with her felon husband, Joe Giudice, because of his criminal conviction,” Radar added."

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

Thanks! But gotta get back to Vanderpump Rules. Everybody should come over - it's tons of snarkalicious fun.

Holy cow, thanks for the heads up. That is my new favorite show forum. Nothing but fun snark.  How have I lived this long without knowing about FI Tom's nickname?

• Love 3

Now (via Hulu) at where Dina decided to reinsert herself in Season 4 after Caroline (even if little "Miss Holier Than Thou") got into it with Teresa in Napa. Little Twitter experience but know famewhore# (I think?).

Can't get over the "Zen" thing when Dina chose to get herself again (see Season 1 & 2) involved in "negativity".

Holy cow, thanks for the heads up. That is my new favorite show forum. Nothing but fun snark.  How have I lived this long without knowing about FI Tom's nickname?

Kate W - welcome to the dark side.

• Love 2

I find the twitter engagements entertaining.  These women signed up for a show that can give them bad edits and it is nice they have a way to bring us up to date.  As to Jacqueline-I say tweet away, if she starts talking about Martians landing in Hoboken then take it away but for the most part she has a constant need to "set things straight". When she does she starts talking. I love it when one celeb is on WWHL and Andy gets a tweet or a text that challenges what the guest is saying.  There is one site that acts as if the world is ending every time certain RHNJ tweets.  Now Dina is going at it and tomorrow the sun might not rise in the east.  How could Dina?  Dina is just so indignant that she finally got called on her stuff with the family.  I don't care what Dina tries to explain away her anger towards Jacqueline overrode  her fakeness and she has gotten caught with the preverbal "tit in the wringer".  It made me realize-Dina isn't all that bright.

Social media is really adding a third element to these shows.  Bravo went cheap and got rid of their boards and even the comments after the blogs-pushing viewers towards Facebook and tweeting.  So we have Dina doing post show videos, Teresa and Nene wrote blogs last season that Bravo would not put up, Teresa has her co-author, tweeting the injustices of it all, there is always the selling of stories but the winner of being a true Twitter weenie has got to be Jim Marchese.  He insults, threatens to sue makes accusations, does retractions all in the span of an evening-and you don't even have to see his face.  He has insults galore so it can be entertaining.

Thought I would link Sunday's ratings-pretty good but I think they will be well under 2 million on Thursday.  http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/11/04/sunday-cable-ratings-walking-dead-tops-night-talking-dead-skyscraper-live-the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey-more/323592/

Jac does have the 'need' to set things straight and this is one of the reasons why (yes, I will say it) I like her.  I don't think she's an alcoholic or a drunk.  Insecure?  Yes.  Made some mistakes?  Yes.  But she has had the best sense of humor on the show and in many ways the most 'real' person on the franchise.

I don't Dina expected Caroline to say what she said on WWHL and it probably threw her for a loop after seeing her own appearance on the reunion trying to portray herself as a victim and that it's all Jac's fault.  She didn't expect Caroline to back up Jac up or for Caroline to lay into her like she did.  Caroline has always been silent on the issue and rather emotional when it came to Dina.  Caroline is over it and Dina buried herself especially with her justification about not seeing Nick.  I wish Andy had asked her what about her other nephew.  The one whose life she was in until he was about seven years old.  That would be CJ. 

• Love 3

Not sure about Joe as a contractor now with his fraud convictions, but they definitely have a marketable brand with the whole Skinny Italian line, etc.She'd do great with a cooking show.

I cannot imagine her with a cooking show.  If she can get one than anyone can. Anyone. 

A cookbook is one thing. Books are limitless. There can be (and are) millions available. TV shows are something different. The hours available are not limitless. The competition is fierce. Folks who watch cooking shows tend to be fairly hardcore. We want to learn things. We want to know that the person on TV has the ability to teach us something we don't already know. It isn't just about the recipes. It is about the techniques and thinking behind the recipes.  Teresa is incapable of this kind of thinking. She is incapable of being articulate.  She has no intellectual curiosity. She is a dumb ass. I always thought this to be true, but now it is more than just my opinion.  It is a fact.

This gal pled guilty to crimes last March after being charged 9 months earlier. She had all that time to learn about the charges, learn about her options, and educate herself as to what her situation entailed. She said that she would do this on WWHL right after the charges were announced. Yet she is now saying she stood in front of a judge and pled guilty without understanding what any of it meant. How fucking dumb do you have to be to be to not only do this, but to admit out loud and on National TV to this level of stupidity?  Pretty fucking dumb. This kind of dumb doesn't get her own cooking show. There are literally thousands of people who are qualified and have worked for years for an opportunity like this. They have skill, they have knowledge, and they have passion. Teresa possesses none of those qualities. What she has is four beautiful daughters, a distressing hairline that terrifies me, a handful of Italian recipes that pretty much everyone else in the world already has, and the fact that she is now a convicted felon. Cooking shows don't come to these kinds of people.  Perhaps it is because I work in the culinary field with true visionaries, but if she does, IMO this would be the end of the world as we know it. 

• Love 14

Jac does have the 'need' to set things straight and this is one of the reasons why (yes, I will say it) I like her.  I don't think she's an alcoholic or a drunk.  Insecure?  Yes.  Made some mistakes?  Yes.  But she has had the best sense of humor on the show and in many ways the most 'real' person on the franchise.

I don't Dina expected Caroline to say what she said on WWHL and it probably threw her for a loop after seeing her own appearance on the reunion trying to portray herself as a victim and that it's all Jac's fault.  She didn't expect Caroline to back up Jac up or for Caroline to lay into her like she did.  Caroline has always been silent on the issue and rather emotional when it came to Dina.  Caroline is over it and Dina buried herself especially with her justification about not seeing Nick.  I wish Andy had asked her what about her other nephew.  The one whose life she was in until he was about seven years old.  That would be CJ. 

I don't mind Jac and I really like her husband Chris.  I think Caroline drew the line when Dina brought up the engagement party.  I also think the "when it hurts my parents" line gets the other sibs riled.  It sounds like Dina just puts a picture of those in her family she doesn't want to see and claims to pray for them-or holds funerals in her head for them.  Dina did do a video and mention CJ once but the problem is she already put it out there that her child is much more important than Chris'.  I now think Dina comment about not understanding was directed at Nicholas. 

I always figure Caroline gets a double dose of the DIna nonsense-once from her side of the family and another from the Manzo side of the family.

• Love 4

I don't mind Jac and I really like her husband Chris........

I always figure Caroline gets a double dose of the DIna nonsense-once from her side of the family and another from the Manzo side of the family.

I like Chris too and I don't mind Jac unless she's all weepy which happens too often. I really liked Jac in S1.....especially when she called Dina out as a liar. That couldn't have been an easy thing to do to your husband's sister on national TV. I do agree with those who think she drinks too much though. I have a friend with a 22 year old autistic daughter and Jac has a long and difficult road ahead. I think I might also cut her a little slack because of the five (5) miscarriages she had before giving birth to Nicholas.

ETA: I hadn't though about the grief Caroline must get from both the Lauritas and the Manzos until you mentioned it. After watching the way Caroline operates all these years, I can't help but wonder if she played a role in brokering the Dina/Tommy Manzo marriage.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
She is a dumb ass. I always thought this to be true, but now it is more than just my opinion.  It is a fact.

This gal pled guilty to crimes last March after being charged 9 months earlier. She had all that time to learn about the charges, learn about her options, and educate herself as to what her situation entailed. She said that she would do this on WWHL right after the charges were announced. Yet she is now saying she stood in front of a judge and pled guilty without understanding what any of it meant. How fucking dumb do you have to be to be to not only do this, but to admit out loud and on National TV to this level of stupidity?  Pretty fucking dumb. This kind of dumb doesn't get her own cooking show. There are literally thousands of people who are qualified and have worked for years for an opportunity like this. They have skill, they have knowledge, and they have passion. Teresa possesses none of those qualities. What she has is four beautiful daughters, a distressing hairline that terrifies me, a handful of Italian recipes that pretty much everyone else in the world already has, and the fact that she is now a convicted felon. Cooking shows don't come to these kinds of people.  Perhaps it is because I work in the culinary field with true visionaries, but if she does, IMO this would be the end of the world as we know it. 

I agree that Teresa particuarly isn't particularly bright--she is in fact quite a dim bulb. However, she knew exactly what was at stake with the plea and sentencing. Her lawyers laid it all out for her, even if that meant drawing her a diagram she could understand in crayons on a Denny's paper place mat.

Teresa admitted on WWHL she took the plea deal to avoid potentially serving ten plus years if the case had gone to trial and she was found guilty. However, in the next breath she claims she didn't understand the plea bargain? Give me a break. The only reason she's feigning ignorance is to not have to publicly admit culpability for her crimes, even though she did so indirectly in front of Judge Salas.

• Love 8

I agree that Teresa particuarly isn't particularly bright--she is in fact quite a dim bulb. However, she knew exactly what was at stake with the plea and sentencing. Her lawyers laid it all out for her, even if that meant drawing her a diagram she could understand in crayons on a Denny's paper place mat.

Teresa admitted on WWHL she took the plea deal to avoid potentially serving ten plus years if the case had gone to trial and she was found guilty. However, in the next breath she claims she didn't understand the plea bargain? Give me a break. The only reason she's feigning ignorance is to not have to publicly admit culpability for her crimes, even though she did so indirectly in front of Judge Salas.

I agree with you. That one brief moment during her interview with Andy was an eye opener. She spoke clearly and without hesitation. She sounded like a different person for those few seconds and again when she was trying to shut Joe up. Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
Kathy did NOT accuse Teresa of anything, she simply said "my mothers pitzzels(sp)" , and nothing else. She did NOT say my mothers recipe but that is what Teresa accused her of doing anyway. Then when Kathy told Teresa about wanting to write a dessert book, Teresa shot her down and said "that NO ONE wanted a dessert only book" then proceeded to try and get a deal for a dessert only book herself, her attempt failed because of her Federal Indictments came to light.

.Sure Kathy did.  She complained to her new pals Jax and Caroline and she posted that supposedly old faded recipe for the cookies that was again her Mom's recipe.  Funny thing, Mama P's "recipe" was a basic cookie recipe.  Once more, Kathy and others were brought on the show to bring Tre down.  All one has to do is watch the last three seasons.  Kathy's attempt again failed.  This isnt my opinion by the way, it was shown on tv and in the blog Kathy wrote.

I am not understanding what was so off-putting about Kathy's comment about there was enough of the pie to go around.  I have always thought that Teresa came off as very selfish and self-centered with her objections to her family coming on.

I always thought Tre was unhappy because she wasn't in a good place w/ either relative.  BTW, did anyone catch Melissa's lie on part one where she said to Dina That she and Tre were getting along when they joined.  Huh?  Mego surely forgot that there is tons of footage to disprove that statement.  Anyway, IMO, I can understand why Tre is not happy.  She's not getting along with them, Melissa had been placing negative stories about her on her FB and then we find out she's contacting Danielle Staub.  Then Kathy tells her the above coat.  I don't know, but if I'm in Tre's shoes I wouldn't want either of them to ride on my coat tails.  The selfish ones, to me, were Melissa/Joe and Kathy.  YMMV.

As Andy said-you don't have to fight with a family member if they come on.

Andy Cohen is a shit stirrer.  Even he admitted it in his book.  Andy also will cover his arse.  It's wonderful for him to say that, but what BRAVO wants is drama, the more the better.  First episode with the family, we see her brother call her garbage, after being fed lots of liquor and crap by his lovely wife.  Then Melissa is all "why you saying and acting like this Joey"?  Umm witch because you just revved him up.  Again, all caught on camera.  In Melissa's very first blog, she wrote about how the viewers didn't know about them because Tre refused to invite them to anything.  I was so happy when BRAVO showed them at her housewarming party, even wanted Joe to come up.  I invite everyone to go back and look at the sour look on M's face as she seems to pull her husband back.  There's Antonia at one the bday parties.But then to cover that lie, Melissa whined that her daughter didn't get to ride in the limo.  Yet Tre is the one with malice?  I could go on and on, because the footage is still online to show how Tre's extended family treated her.  Funny how the worst stuff uttered were from Joe Guidice.  After all that Christening stuff occurred, along with other stuff, he didn't care and called the Gorgas as he saw them.  Did I think he went overboard at times, oh absolutely/ yet Tre is blamed for his behavior.  Yet Richie could say the nastiest crap about Tre, notice not Joe Guidice, and that was okay, but then they'd act like martyrs when JoeGuidice made a few comments. 

• Love 5

Sure Kathy did.  She complained to her new pals Jax and Caroline and she posted that supposedly old faded recipe for the cookies that was again her Mom's recipe.  Funny thing, Mama P's "recipe" was a basic cookie recipe.  Once more, Kathy and others were brought on the show to bring Tre down.  All one has to do is watch the last three seasons.  Kathy's attempt again failed.  This isnt my opinion by the way, it was shown on tv and in the blog Kathy wrote.

Do you mean this picture? The picture of a Sprinkle Cookie Recipe? Kathy posted it in her blog after she had apologized to Teresa for what Teresa thought was a huge infraction. Remember the entire debate was that Teresa swore up and down that Kathy had said "oh, my mom's cookie recipe".  Kathy said that she didn't think she said recipe (because that would have been stupid since there wasn't a recipe for that cookie even in the cookbook - just a picture of a cookie that Teresa recommended be store-bought).  Kathy kept saying that she didn't think she said recipe, but Teresa was certain she did, and said that was the whole point of her anger. Then of course the scene is played back and Kathy never said the word recipe.  Despite this, however, Kathy was the one to apologize. Teresa was still talking about this in her blog, even after Kathy apologized.  

Just like the situation with the dictionary, in this situation Teresa said that she went home after the comment and thought about it. Once she thought about it, she started to get mad. This is what she does with Kathy. She thinks about things that are said earlier and tries to find a way to turn them into something that is insulting. Her over-the-top hatred of Kathy is one of the ugliest things about Teresa IMO. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/season-4/blogs/kathy-wakile/den-mother?page=0,3

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 7

I always thought Tre was unhappy because she wasn't in a good place w/ either relative.  BTW, did anyone catch Melissa's lie on part one where she said to Dina That she and Tre were getting along when they joined.  Huh?  Mego surely forgot that there is tons of footage to disprove that statement.  Anyway, IMO, I can understand why Tre is not happy.  She's not getting along with them, Melissa had been placing negative stories about her on her FB and then we find out she's contacting Danielle Staub.  Then Kathy tells her the above coat.  I don't know, but if I'm in Tre's shoes I wouldn't want either of them to ride on my coat tails.  The selfish ones, to me, were Melissa/Joe and Kathy.  YMMV.

Of course Melissa was lying.  Of course I noticed that Teresa didn't dispute a word of it, however. She couldn't, because she is the one who first threw out this lie in the beginning. She said in her first blog after they joined that there was not big feud. She said she was shocked by the fight that happened. She has said in more than one interview that her family was fine. She claimed over and over again (including on reunion shows) that she wasn't upset about them joining because they didn't get along, but because they didn't tell her they were joining.  This is what she had to say about it in her first blog:

"The whole idea of a full blown feud is crazy to me. I think you can tell by how shocked I was at the christening  that this was an unexpected problem. A month earlier, Joe and Melissa were at Audriana's first birthday party with us. Gabriella, Milania, Antonia, and Gino go to preschool together. They see each other every day. If we weren't speaking, I would never have gone to their son's christening"

Sure, it is all a big lie, but it started out as Teresa's lie. 

• Love 5

One of Teresa's obvious problems is that she is territorial about everything.  We all absorb and use stuff and ideas from people around us, especially our families.  Why not just acknowledge it graciously and be happy about it?  Crediting her extended family for recipes and shared whatevers would have done nothing to hurt her booksales, on the contrary, and would have done a lot to bring harmony to her family. If it's a shared family recipe for a basic cookie, why make a federal case out of it and turn into another dumb excuse to hammer your cousin on national tv?

I also disliked the way she was always accusing Melissa of copying her --so childish. If Mel did, so what?  Be amused by it or not, but keep your mouth shut and keep it moving.  Trends and fads tend to dominate these high end suburban enclaves anyway -- Folks come up with decor coffee table books outlining this kind of stuff by decade.  Get a grip and deal with the real problems in your life. 

Anyway, I find myself hoping that 15 months in the pokey, having to live with other troubled women, will teach her something about what it means to be part of a community and not just the vengeful queen bee of your clan.  She's a desperately sad example of what happens to women when we just can't let go of anything and let the world carry us for a spell.  Who can forget her pathetic attempts at reclaiming her totally disrespectful husband by dragging him into the vineyard and literally throwing herself at him?  This taught me a lot about how she handles her issues -- Because it's hard for her to think and articulate, she gets into dominating physically. Now that her life has fallen apart, we see her making better choices about when to lose her cool and, blessedly, she seems on camera at least to have curbed her aggression. But it's all of a package with her -- the greed, the stupidity, the violence, and the inability to be generous in an honest way.  She's feral and so pathologically competitive that it wrecked her family life, the one thing she keeps going on and on and on about. 

Thanks for the responses regarding the various restaurants.  Wirewrap--so nice about you and your grand daughter baking.  Very sweet--she will remember that always.  I spent a lot of time in New Jersey as a young woman in the 70s because I had close pals who lived in Newark and Elizabeth.  And an aunt and uncle who lived in Nyack.  Many fond memories and lots of terrific food.  And the boys in that area in those days -- OMG!  Heaven. 

• Love 4

If all we get out of Part 1 is cookiegate and that Dina is not a member of Mensa, and whether Jac did or did not have PPD 7 years ago which caused her to slap Caro, and that Tre is obviously so heavily sedated she can hardly keep her eyes open, then I can't wait for Part 2 and 3. It should be really exciting. NOT!

Edited by demarti
  • Love 3

Even if she did make $750K last season she was ONLY able to pay her mortgage and utilities with their legal bills. The sad part, and the part that ticks me off, is that even though she made big, easy money, they made NO attempt at repaying anyone from the failed BK list nor did the put any money away for the girls college years. NOT  once in the 4 years since they had to withdraw their BK attempt have they tried to repay anyone anything but instead kept buying junk/clothes like there was no tomorrow!

Until this post, it hadn't even occurred to me that one year of her Bravo salary, just hers, would have covered each of the four precious girls through undergrad.    I cannot do that with my only child.   This stupid heffa. 

The thing that kills me about this cookie crap is that if you poll this board for those of us from big Italian families and ask us to produce a particular cookie recipe, they're all gonna be the same! And I bet they match Theresa and Kathy's mothers recipes. It's not rocket science to make a wrap cookie or pizzelle.

= why the hell Teresa's reaction makes zero sense to me.   I haven't ever rewatched that scene but since Kathy is the more reasonable of the two, why didn't we hear:  yeah ok, your mom, my mom, it's probably the exact same cookie (and it is), I'm so happy to see it in your family cookbook that's awesome.   Tre on the other hand.  Completely irrational fucktard.  What was she? Offended at Kathy's implication? Um, bitch you actually are a thief, so getting pissed about a cookie recipe just makes you look off the charts nutty.

They're related so I'm guessing that everyone in their family has the same damn cookie recipe. If it's a family recipe, I'm sure it came from the same source. Meh.

I cannot imagine her with a cooking show.  If she can get one than anyone can. Anyone. 

A cookbook is one thing. Books are limitless. There can be (and are) millions available. TV shows are something different. The hours available are not limitless. The competition is fierce. Folks who watch cooking shows tend to be fairly hardcore. We want to learn things. We want to know that the person on TV has the ability to teach us something we don't already know. It isn't just about the recipes. It is about the techniques and thinking behind the recipes.  Teresa is incapable of this kind of thinking. She is incapable of being articulate.  She has no intellectual curiosity. She is a dumb ass. I always thought this to be true, but now it is more than just my opinion.  It is a fact.

and

One of Teresa's obvious problems is that she is territorial about everything.  We all absorb and use stuff and ideas from people around us, especially our families.  Why not just acknowledge it graciously and be happy about it?  Crediting her extended family for recipes and shared whatevers would have done nothing to hurt her booksales, on the contrary, and would have done a lot to bring harmony to her family. If it's a shared family recipe for a basic cookie, why make a federal case out of it and turn into another dumb excuse to hammer your cousin on national tv?

I also disliked the way she was always accusing Melissa of copying her --so childish. If Mel did, so what?  Be amused by it or not, but keep your mouth shut and keep it moving.  Trends and fads tend to dominate these high end suburban enclaves anyway -- Folks come up with decor coffee table books outlining this kind of stuff by decade.  Get a grip and deal with the real problems in your life. 

Anyway, I find myself hoping that 15 months in the pokey, having to live with other troubled women, will teach her something about what it means to be part of a community and not just the vengeful queen bee of your clan.  She's a desperately sad example of what happens to women when we just can't let go of anything and let the world carry us for a spell.  Who can forget her pathetic attempts at reclaiming her totally disrespectful husband by dragging him into the vineyard and literally throwing herself at him?  This taught me a lot about how she handles her issues -- Because it's hard for her to think and articulate, she gets into dominating physically. Now that her life has fallen apart, we see her making better choices about when to lose her cool and, blessedly, she seems on camera at least to have curbed her aggression. But it's all of a package with her -- the greed, the stupidity, the violence, and the inability to be generous in an honest way.  She's feral and so pathologically competitive that it wrecked her family life, the one thing she keeps going on and on and on about. 

Thanks for the responses regarding the various restaurants.  Wirewrap--so nice about you and your grand daughter baking.  Very sweet--she will remember that always.  I spent a lot of time in New Jersey as a young woman in the 70s because I had close pals who lived in Newark and Elizabeth.  And an aunt and uncle who lived in Nyack.  Many fond memories and lots of terrific food.  And the boys in that area in those days -- OMG!  Heaven. 

= literal standing O

oprah-gave-lupita-nyongo-standing-ovatio

• Love 3

A cookbook is one thing. Books are limitless. There can be (and are) millions available. TV shows are something different. The hours available are not limitless. The competition is fierce. Folks who watch cooking shows tend to be fairly hardcore. We want to learn things. We want to know that the person on TV has the ability to teach us something we don't already know. It isn't just about the recipes. It is about the techniques and thinking behind the recipes.

Teresa is incapable of this kind of thinking. She is incapable of being articulate.  She has no intellectual curiosity. She is a dumb ass. I always thought this to be true, but now it is more than just my opinion.  It is a fact.

Teresa is dumb ass is right followed by her dear friend Dina, the TV personality who doesn't watch TV, who thinks she can just have a cooking show and for good measure throw in her sister Caroline.  Of course viewers would have to forget they haven't spoken in five years.  I cringe when watching Teresa cook just because it is uninspired-she is trying so hard to remember talking points that there is no technique.  Of course seeing Teresa with an onion chopper was a first for me for serious cooks who have written four books.  Maybe it is there so the kids can help? I am glad to hear that the current favorites right now such as Ina Garten, Bobby Flay and the other Food Network stars spots are safe for now.

I love your reference to the guilty plea.  I hope Jim is present when Teresa explains she didn't understand.  Maybe he can remind her why the IQ of 12 might hit home.  On the sentencing thread I posted a link to the transcript of the hearing.  The judge read every word and stopped and asked Teresa if she understood after each sentence and made it very clear Teresa could talk to her attorney for 5 minutes of 5 hours if she needed further explanation.  The court would wait for her.

I get the impression Teresa treated the plea deal as if it were her life shopping with credit cards.  Everything is a good buy and on sale when you just charge it and when the bills comes in some of the bright shiny new objects don't shine as brightly.  I don't think it is a lack of comprehension by Teresa I think it is a continuing refusal to accept responsibility.

• Love 4

ZaldamoWilder--You're too kind.  I hear you loud and clear on the matter of Tre's salary and the cost of a college education.  Dumb ass is right.   One good thing about these crazy shows is that they definitely help focus the mind on what's important in this life and certainly make me grateful for what I've got.  Like a good colonic.

• Love 2
I cannot imagine her with a cooking show.

Me, neither. If she couldn't get one at the height of her cookbooks' popularity, then why would she be offered a cooking show after spending more than a year out of the public eye, and after all her endorsement deals have disappeared?

I now think Dina comment about not understanding was directed at Nicholas. 

I didn't think there was any doubt that her comment was directed at Nick. And, what a stupid comment it was, because if Dina's never met the boy, then how would she know what he's capable of understanding? SMH at this bitch...even her collection of stripper heels possesses more depth and realness.

• Love 3

Dina's comment was about Nick not knowing her at all, so he is not missing her.  Her comment was that CJ and Lexi are the ones who understand the feud and its impact because they are the ones missing out on relationships that they had established with their aunt/uncle.  CJ knew Dina and had a relationships with her.  

Dina says she wasn't referring to Nick's autism when she was talking about understanding.  This was in her video clip.

• Love 3

Dina's clip made sense even if she is backpedaling in it.  Weird thing is that she never has met Nick.  Bizarro family having all those feuds.  The Dina/Chris&Jac/DonCaroline feud is just one of them.  We don't have one feud in my family.  I mean I have a crazy SIL, but we all just pretend she's not crazy at family functions, let her ramble on about her delusions, walk of a few eggshells while she does it, and then just talk shit behind her back.  It's more fun that way! lol.

I do believe Dina's comments that Jac is raring to go for a Season 7 showdown of the family feud.  I have seen the tweets where people have asked what's the deal and she has replied stuff like, "Season 7!!"

• Love 5

Dina really did herself no favors ... I had to shake my head when she got going  with "I'm not Mother Terehsa or Teresa ..."  As though there was any doubt in anyone's mind!  And all that crap about how she couldn't cure Nicholas.    Advocates and self-advocates for autism and Aspergers don't identify with the need for any kind of cure, stupid woman.  Condescension just oozes from her.  The matter of having a relationship with her nephew has exactly zippo to do with any healing powers and whether or not she's got them.  A photo of the boy on her altar?  If that were my sister talking that way about my kid, she'd be out for good and good riddance.  No clue, no class, and, I think we can all agree -- no notion of how to get herself up for a taped Reunion. That outfit was beyond pretentious and unflattering. 

I'd like her more if she just owned up to the fact that she's pissed off as hell and doesn't want to deal with any of the family BS anymore.  I get that and can respect it.  Just cut the high-minded and totally phony theater. 

I thought the Reunion was pretty action packed in its own way with some of the biggest draws and divas really letting their asses hang out -- finally.

Truth in advertising:  My son is now 19 and into his second year of college, living at home but enjoying his relative independence.  He was diagnosed with Aspergers in second grade.  I freaked out on the inside and some days, like Jac, on the outside, and some days I drank too much and let my terror show and would get furious at some pretty stupid stuff.  Basically, because I was heartbroken and felt scared and guilty.

It was tough but, like her, I got down to it and did what I could to get him stimulated, engaged,  and going.  We were lucky in that our efforts and my boy's paid off--with significant help from professionals and tutors.  He's a smart, funny, kind young man and has always done well in school -- the social side is a work in progress but much much better. 

I'm not a super Jacqueline cheerleader and I do wish she'd cut the Twitter stuff, but I have a certain measure of sympathy.  It's terrifying to get this diagnosis when you know how cut- throat and competitive this world is and it can takes many years for progress to manifest itself.   And unfortunately relying on booze and letting anger over nonsense serve as your release can seem like easy avenues.  I hope the Jacqueline is in therapy.  Dina, dumb, should also hope that she's in therapy.  At this point, it's got far less to do with the little boy than it has to do with his mother who appears to be the primary caretaker.  Supporting the mother does a lot, trust me, to help the child. 

The Manzos for all their radio talk show crap and faux Zen BS seem to have zero real mediation skills. 

• Love 11

Dina's comment was about Nick not knowing her at all, so he is not missing her.  Her comment was that CJ and Lexi are the ones who understand the feud and its impact because they are the ones missing out on relationships that they had established with their aunt/uncle.  CJ knew Dina and had a relationships with her.  

Dina says she wasn't referring to Nick's autism when she was talking about understanding.  This was in her video clip.

Yes, that is what Dina is now saying in that video yet she did NOT bother to mention CJ at all on the reunion itself, just Nick and Lexi. And that she did mention CJ, it was only in passing, she moved on because she did NOT reach out to her nephew, CJ, at a time when he would need special attention from family and does not want her anyone pointing that out to her.  She bragged that Chris did reach out when she announced her "separation" and yet SHE never reached out to Chris when his young, innocent son was diagnosed with a life long, life altering medical disorder! The only ones that have reached out have been Caroline, Chris and Jac.... to her, NOT the other way around at any time.

• Love 6

I am sorry but I think the inclusion of CJ was an afterthought-for the video.  I think Dina made it quite clear her child, her parents are all she ever really considers.  Dina, by her own admission, easily writes people off, to the point of having funerals for them in her head.  I don't think Dina want to come off as singling Nicholas out because of the autism-I do think it was an awkward way to get around the fact she has never met him.  I did find it strange that she had to bring up children in hospitals vs. Nicholas.  This why I changed my opinion about Dina-I use to think she was relatively bright-but when in the hot seat she comes off to me as being incredibly self-absorbed and her feelings off superiority are quite visible.

I was surprised that Caroline came off on WWHL as stern as she did towards Dina.  True to form Dina is now back to tweeting quotes about "toxic people" and why it is okay to get them out of your life.  Dina even chewed Caroline out via twitter claiming she did not have her phone number.  I think off-camera Dina may be a huge Diva and flap her jaws in a very unZen like manner.  When called on it she plays the parents card.  All I can say for Bravo is they are probably sorry they didn't have this as part of the storyline.

With both Melissa and Kathy-Dina begins with, "I like you. . . " and then goes on to tell them they are wrong. Dina did not want either woman filming with Jacqueline-people they had on show relationships with for three years.  The day after the Reunion she made a public stink over not following Kathy on Twitter any longer.  Dina doesn't like them-her only role this year was to be Teresa's friend (carry Teresa grudges) and she wasn't able to pull any conversation out of Teresa-by her own choice.  I am sorry but we have all seen RH pack their kids off to college-although Lexi not getting admitted to her first choice was a new twist and Lisa Vanderpump has a better closet.

• Love 3

Of course Melissa was lying.  Of course I noticed that Teresa didn't dispute a word of it, however. She couldn't, because she is the one who first threw out this lie in the beginning. She said in her first blog after they joined that there was not big feud. She said she was shocked by the fight that happened. She has said in more than one interview that her family was fine. She claimed over and over again (including on reunion shows) that she wasn't upset about them joining because they didn't get along, but because they didn't tell her they were joining.  This is what she had to say about it in her first blog:

"The whole idea of a full blown feud is crazy to me. I think you can tell by how shocked I was at the christening  that this was an unexpected problem. A month earlier, Joe and Melissa were at Audriana's first birthday party with us. Gabriella, Milania, Antonia, and Gino go to preschool together. They see each other every day. If we weren't speaking, I would never have gone to their son's christening"

Sure, it is all a big lie, but it started out as Teresa's lie.

I think this is what we've always seen from Tre.  She doesn't want to publicize her difficulties.  Nothing wrong with that.  What you call a lie, most people perceive it to be a "none of your business" defense.  Isn't that what Jax and DonCaro jumped all over her for?  Saying things were fine?  Well of course things weren't but Tre was savvy enough to not spill her inner thoughts to either of them.  We see what Jax does with info.  So if that makes her a liar to want to keep private stuff close to her vest and only share with trustworthy family/friends, well then I don't blame her. YMMV.

Re the cookie gate, even Stevie Wonder could see what was happening in that situation.  Kathy was all, how could she,  blah blah blah.  Her words/actions definitely showed the viewers that she was aghast, aghast I tell you, that Tre had used her dear mama's recipe and didn't give her credit.  Yes, Kathy is also a manipulative lying liar who lies.  Her lies though are to hurt a family member,not to try to keep all private.  No wonder Tre doesn't acknowledge her if she doesn't have to. 

I used to say on TWOP that is was funny how we all watch the same show and have such a myriad of differing opinions on what we just viewed.  Ah well, it makes life interesting eh?  Wishing you a good day!

• Love 3

I think this is what we've always seen from Tre.  She doesn't want to publicize her difficulties.  Nothing wrong with that.  What you call a lie, most people perceive it to be a "none of your business" defense.  Isn't that what Jax and DonCaro jumped all over her for?  Saying things were fine?  Well of course things weren't but Tre was savvy enough to not spill her inner thoughts to either of them.  We see what Jax does with info.  So if that makes her a liar to want to keep private stuff close to her vest and only share with trustworthy family/friends, well then I don't blame her. YMMV.

Re the cookie gate, even Stevie Wonder could see what was happening in that situation.  Kathy was all, how could she,  blah blah blah.  Her words/actions definitely showed the viewers that she was aghast, aghast I tell you, that Tre had used her dear mama's recipe and didn't give her credit.  Yes, Kathy is also a manipulative lying liar who lies.  Her lies though are to hurt a family member,not to try to keep all private.  No wonder Tre doesn't acknowledge her if she doesn't have to. 

I used to say on TWOP that is was funny how we all watch the same show and have such a myriad of differing opinions on what we just viewed.  Ah well, it makes life interesting eh?  Wishing you a good day!

I think if Kathy would have said-"my mom makes cookies like these or my makes Pizelles," there would not be this gray area.  I took it as Kathy commenting that her mother made similar cookies.  I don't think Kathy was aghast.  I think Kathy may have been smarting from the fact her cousin lent her no support in the dessert area and then started with her own.

As far as the privacy thing-they are on a reality show.  I am not asking for the HDL levels, or their family's medical history.  Teresa smoked the somewhat confidentiality regarding finances, even reality stars maintain, when she filed BK.  It became worse when the government discovered she was hiding assets.  Teresa will take her daughter bra shopping, have discussions about menstruation, talking about her husband doing stuff to her butt, get it on with him on camera but all of a sudden her family is barred from discussing her or her legal troubles, that are a matter of public record.  She didn't want her issues with Joe and Melissa becoming public because she looked petty and jealous, she didn't want Richie teasing her about going to the mall when the entire world knew she was BK. 

Teresa now has convictions for lying.  She lied under penalty of perjury, she lied on the witness stand, she lies whenever she feels like it and then claims it really isn't anyone's business, she didn't understand or she wanted to hurt the person because they hurt her.  To her brother she made up a story about talking about Melissa leaving him for a richer man.  When she told Jacqueline she then said it was how she felt-there was no talk.  Teresa has claimed Kathy and Richie were on the verge of divorce, Kathy didn't like Rosie because she was gay, her father was more of a father to them than theirs. 

I do think Teresa gets very vengeful if any dare call her out on her misdeeds or bad behavior and holds grudges.  Now that she is suffering from probably the biggest shame of all, going to prison, she doesn't know how to handle it.  She had a choice-walk away from the money and go serve her time and stay away from the one on two interview with Andy and the Reunion.  Instead she chose to dress up in a gorgeous gown, apply another bucket of spackle to her face and continue to deny, blame, divert, any responsibility.  This would have been the one time when she would have received an outpouring of unconditional love and support from her family and she chooses to blow it off. 

• Love 7

My point is that the source is actually probably one of their shared relatives (I.e. A grandparent or great-aunt) rather than Kathy's mom. I guess that I don't understand how one can lay claim to a basic sugar cookie recipe, especially when it's a family recipe and everyone is related.

Mrs. Gorga did NOT have that recipe to begin with , she got it from Mrs. P to give to Teresa for the book from what was said, and Teresa was aware of who it really came from. That recipe could have originated from the in-laws of the woman that raised Mrs. P. and not anyone in the Gorga family for all anyone knows. Not acknowledging Mrs. P. was a deliberate snub to that side of Teresa's family IMO.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

So if that makes her a liar to want to keep private stuff close to her vest and only share with trustworthy family/friends, well then I don't blame her.

Then don't go on a reality show. And pretend to portray your fake and fraudulent "reality" to the audience.

And btw, with the exception of Joe, Teresa isn't sharing "private stuff" with any family or friends. It's not like there are some people she trusts, and some people she doesn't. That's just a line she uses to denigrate someone, or to pretend she has a right to privacy. The truth is that she's been living a fraudulent lifestyle, a life of crime, for a decade now, and simply didn't want anyone to know. So she shuts down questions, and prohibits her family from talking about stuff, because "that's not what families do."

I cringe when watching Teresa cook just because it is uninspired-she is trying so hard to remember talking points that there is no technique. Of course seeing Teresa with an onion chopper was a first for me for serious cooks who have written four books.

NO!! I don't believe you! (the onion chopper). You made this up, right?

• Love 7

Now I am in a shame spiral because I don't know why it's a bad thing to use an onion chopper.

It's not. Unless you're a chef or home cook serious enough to write cook books.

Aww, don't feel bad nc. As far as I know, you're not making any claims of being a cultural culinary exponent.

Exactly!

• Love 4

Now I am in a shame spiral because I don't know why it's a bad thing to use an onion chopper.

There is no shame it is just not something you normally see. Generally chefs or accomplished cooks have pretty good knife skills.  I did say in my earlier post she might use one so the kids can help.  I would not trust Milania at any age with a knife-even Gia unless she is interested might be a bit young to be using a chef's knife.

I went looking for a promo for tomorrow night's reunion but didn't find one.  What I did find was a few behind the scenes and out-take clips on the Bravo website.  I didn't watch all of them but I did watch a few and I was pleasantly surprised.  These women are more likeable and pleasant to one another off camera than they are on camera.

So much for Bravo's "unscripted" BS.

• Love 3

I use one too. Further more, I've been known to use pre-chopped garlic. The smell of garlic and onion clings to my fingers for days no matter how often I wash (unless I get a manicure, strangely that always gets rid of it.)

I still don't think Dina meant Nick doesn't understand the feud because of his Autism, just because of his age. What boy his age would understand he's missing an aunt he never met. Obviously I don't know what goes on in Dina's head but it is possible she hasn't contacted Chris because she doesn't think it's the right time because of what he is dealing with. If her calling would mean they had to hash out what the fight is about, that's not helping her brother its giving him something else to deal with. My Uncle -fathers side- dropped out of the family for a few years when I was a kid. A month into said fight I reached a probably what will always be the biggest moment in my life (I got to divorce my tracheostomy after spending my whole 7yr life with it!) and because that was a good thing, he came by my house with my cousins at a time he knew my father would be at work and it would just be my mom home,, because it was about me not them, and we used to see each other all the time. Over the years when I'd had other issues, now that we're all great, talking and all adults, he's said to me and others he felt it would have been inappropriate to come around if there was trouble going on, for the very reason that it was bringing something else to the table that some family would want addressed, and most likely bug my father to do so and being BS ones compared to what was going on too boot, so it would be completely the wrong time. I completely understand that thinking, as does my father. Again I have no idea if Dina is capable of said thought process but I also don't know if she's that incapable, so I have it in my head that it could be in the relm of why she's stayed away. Jac wanting to turn a graduation invite into a meeting does make me think if she did reach out to them Jac might have steered off course like she's also managed to start a feud with Teresa while her son got diagnosed with his condition.

At times when I've seen Dina get questioned about not reaching out about Nick, it has seemed like it was said with a strange undertone that that is somehow actually hindering him, so I do still also get her finally saying that she can't have an impact on his progression. When I saw the clips of Nick I saw them as progression with a side of Jac going on about how its hard for her more than the human being that's actually struggling. So yeah, I can see Jac turning Dina into reaching out about Jac not Nicholas or even Chris.

I just saw the ratings for the reunion. 2.2Million viewers. Not the numbers they use to be but for Bravo I believe that's still pretty good (that Manzo show got a million less.) It looks like I have to eat my words from the beginning of the season, I said in one of the other threads this season would drop to around a million by its end, and I was really sure it would. But that was also way before the Giudices sentence, maybe the probable Goodbye season kept the numbers that high? It is the most interesting thing that happened, by far.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1

Reasonable men may differ. You see greed; I see an opportunity to make a living.

It's just not a joke to me that someone is going to JAIL because they couldn't pay their debts.

Short of haircloth and ashes, I can't imagine what would satisfy some. People are what they are and people don't change, don't see the error of their ways, even once they've been found out and exposed. It's enough for me that she was criminally prosecuted and will be punished. She owes me nothing. Any apology would be parsed to death and found wanting!

As Mary Poppins said, "I don't explain. I don't apologize."

In the immortal words of Edith Piaf, "Moi, je ne regrette rien."

I save my righteous indignation for baby rapers.

Just the way I feel. We just disagree.

No, what happened was they spent frivolously and freely with money they stole.  Oh, and they didn't pay some bills even though they could have.

Edited by Olive
  • Love 7

I use one too. Further more, I've been known to use pre-chopped garlic. The smell of garlic and onion clings to my fingers for days no matter how often I wash (unless I get a manicure, strangely that always gets rid of it.)

I still don't think Dina meant Nick doesn't understand the feud because of his Autism, just because of his age. What boy his age would understand he's missing an aunt he never met. Obviously I don't know what goes on in Dina's head but it is possible she hasn't contacted Chris because she doesn't think it's the right time because of what he is dealing with. If her calling would mean they had to hash out what the fight is about, that's not helping her brother its giving him something else to deal with. My Uncle -fathers side- dropped out of the family for a few years when I was a kid. A month into said fight I reached a probably what will always be the biggest moment in my life (I got to divorce my tracheostomy after spending my whole 7yr life with it!) and because that was a good thing, he came by my house with my cousins at a time he knew my father would be at work and it would just be my mom home,, because it was about me not them, and we used to see each other all the time. Over the years when I'd had other issues, now that we're all great, talking and all adults, he's said to me and others he felt it would have been inappropriate to come around if there was trouble going on, for the very reason that it was bringing something else to the table that some family would want addressed, and most likely bug my father to do so and being BS ones compared to what was going on too boot, so it would be completely the wrong time. I completely understand that thinking, as does my father. Again I have no idea if Dina is capable of said thought process but I also don't know if she's that incapable, so I have it in my head that it could be in the relm of why she's stayed away. Jac wanting to turn a graduation invite into a meeting does make me think if she did reach out to them Jac might have steered off course like she's also managed to start a feud with Teresa while her son got diagnosed with his condition.

At times when I've seen Dina get questioned about not reaching out about Nick, it has seemed like it was said with a strange undertone that that is somehow actually hindering him, so I do still also get her finally saying that she can't have an impact on his progression. When I saw the clips of Nick I saw them as progression with a side of Jac going on about how its hard for her more than the human being that's actually struggling. So yeah, I can see Jac turning Dina into reaching out about Jac not Nicholas or even Chris.

I just saw the ratings for the reunion. 2.2Million viewers. Not the numbers they use to be but for Bravo I believe that's still pretty good (that Manzo show got a million less.) It looks like I have to eat my words from the beginning of the season, I said in one of the other threads this season would drop to around a million by its end, and I was really sure it would. But that was also way before the Giudices sentence, maybe the probable Goodbye season kept the numbers that high? It is the most interesting thing that happened, by far.

Dina could have reached out to Chris without having to go through Jac, they have many siblings that she could have turned to for help. Also, she does not even claim she TRIED or that she wanted to try. In other words, it NEVER occurred to her to reach out to Chris at all. She has no qualms about not seeing or communicating with CJ either but is upset/angered/hurt that Lexi was not contacted by Chris. Jac wanted to meet with Dina to start the healing process while Dina thought everyone would just forget what happened and everything would go back to the way it was before SHE stopped speaking to them. Don't forget, she, Dina, shut Teresa out of her life as well and had NOTHING to do with HER Godchild Adrianna for over 2 years. But that was OK I guess because Adrianna was young and did not know her......yeah right!

There was no public fighting or twitter battles UNTIL a few things happened on Dina's end. 1st, she made up with Teresa the night of the deck fight, 2nd. she came ON camera to film with Teresa and put her family, namely Caroline, down ON camera, 3rd. she refused to come on the show unless Jac was no longer on, Caroline already announced she was done with RHNJ show. 4th. when BRAVO brought Jac back to film with Kathy and the newbies only, she, Dina, tweeted that she "wished someone's Dr. would inject them with RAT POISON instead" and that set Jac OFF!  Now Dina acts like Jac went after her out of the blue, for no reason, that she has NEVER done anything to Jac to deserve the nasty tweets she is getting. As crazy as Jac has gotten on twitter before, she has shown restraint when it comes to Dina IMO.

And as your story about your Uncle showed, if there is a will, there is a way. Dina did/does NOT want Chris in her life as long as he is married to Jac, otherwise she would have found a way to reach out to him.

• Love 4

There is a moment at the reunion where Teresa clearly addresses Andy Cohen and tells him that she is glad that he is finally admitting ..... I missed that part.

What did Teresa Guidice wanted Andy to admit?

It sort of caught me by surprise that she would ask anybody to admit anything because this bitch basically lives in a made up fantasy world where she is NOT going to jail and all her debts are erased, a world in which she is completely innocent and where all the others who have wronged her would burn in the hell of her indiference. I got thinking more and more what did she wanted Andy to admit?

• Love 2