Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Deleted because I don't know what's real and what's not anymore.

The most apt description of 2020 I’ve read.  It should be the Sub-heading for every history textbook written when 2020 is analyzed. 😄

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
On 7/17/2020 at 5:14 PM, Mabinogia said:

Man, now you make me want to see a season where half way through they swap out the lead just to watch all the men try to act like they managed to fall in love with the new girl moments after being in love with the original.

Looks like you might get your wish. There are rumors/reports that Clare fell in love with a guy the first night and is now refusing to continue with the show. Who could have guessed Clare would act impulsively and fallen so fast for someone she barely knew🤷‍♂️ I hope this means we’re done with “poor Clare” but my guess is she’ll be in the next bachelor franchise whenever this relationship goes bust. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

The news is hitting two years to the day from their After the Final Rose airing. I wonder if TPTB would ever call BS when a couple from the franchise clearly split up weeks earlier and only held off on announcing it for their own financial benefit. If they split on/after the second anniversary of the TV finale, the engagement ring is theirs to keep--or sell. I think there's no shame in the stars of the show getting $omething out of a failed relationship, but I can imagine TPTB trying to close another loophole for future couples.

Edited by Dejana
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 8/4/2020 at 10:54 PM, RandomWatcher said:

Things are getting stranger and stranger

usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/hannah-ann-sluss-spotted-at-bachelorette-filming-location-photos/

And today I read that Wells was photographed at the location, doing his bartender gig. So now I'm wondering if they're doing a Bachelorette/BiP hybrid, since BiP too was canceled due to the pandemic. 

The other reason Hannah was there is likely because we have a "wrong reasons" guy who maybe tried to make a play for her or she knows from a friend of a friend is shady or some crap like that. 

As for Becca and Garret, the split was obvious for weeks but when Rachel, who calls Becca a close friend, boldly called Garrett a piece of shit in an interview, that confirmed it for me. It also made me think the official breakup convo probably wasn't very friendly and amicable,  All I have to say about those two, is this is another example of why I live by the words of Maya Angelou - when people show you who they are, believe them.

Garrett had red flags flying all over the place during that season. The disgusting, offensive social media was the least of it. Let's never forget the half a second marriage that he lay solely on the ex-wife, though could never clearly articulate what she did that was so bad. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Dejana said:

The news is hitting two years to the day from their After the Final Rose airing. I wonder if TPTB would ever call BS when a couple from the franchise clearly split up weeks earlier and only held off on announcing it for their own financial benefit. If they split on/after the second anniversary of the TV finale, the engagement ring is theirs to keep--or sell. I think there's no shame in the stars of the show getting $omething out of a failed relationship, but I can imagine TPTB trying to close another loophole for future couples.

TPTB wouldn't care since they don't pay for the ring.  It's donated as part of a promotion by the jeweler.  The deal about keeping the ring is with them. 

My guess is the deal is two years because the company figures, by then, there will have been at least four new couples from the franchise (more if something comes out of BiP).  They're typically old news after year 1. After year 2, they're ancient news.  My guess is there's also likely something about not being publicly splitsville before two years.  Most fans of the show don't follow the couples closely after the show and hear all the rumors.  I doubt it'd be worth it to the jeweler to try and prove the breakup happened earlier just so they get the ring back. 

I know some found her annoying but I liked Becca.  And I hated who she ended up with.  I always wonder how many faster breakups there would be if there weren't so much financial gain from trying to make it work with garbage people.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Garrett never hid who he truly is so it's on Becca that she chose to stay with him for 2 years. She always appears to be highly insecure about romantic relationships observing her on both seasons and has terrible taste in men. Remember her ex that came on Arie's season?

Anyway, she should already be wary by how much Garrett badmouthed his ex wife on national TV and took no responsibility for his part. She still accepted him then. Be careful, Becs, the same thing might happen to you. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, waving feather said:

Garrett never hid who he truly is so it's on Becca that she chose to stay with him for 2 years.

Exactly.  From the way she acted on her first date with Arie all the way through her season when she was more impressed by  things like how well the men did in ax throwing than anything to do with their minds, she just seemed like a brainless woo girl who happened to have a classy looking package.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, waving feather said:

Garrett never hid who he truly is so it's on Becca that she chose to stay with him for 2 years. She always appears to be highly insecure about romantic relationships observing her on both seasons and has terrible taste in men. Remember her ex that came on Arie's season?

Anyway, she should already be wary by how much Garrett badmouthed his ex wife on national TV and took no responsibility for his part. She still accepted him then. Be careful, Becs, the same thing might happen to you. 

He did somewhat.  She didn't get to see his social media activity.  And IIRC, after The Bachelor, didn't he try to apologize and made up nonsense about wanting to learn and grow? 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I was so disgusted that Becca picked that racist, sexist bigot. Disappointed in her ever since though she didn’t know at the time but he had douche written all over him imo. 

Me too. I had actually liked her as the Bachelorette but she kept gravitating towards him and I just found it so hard to root for that. It is also disappointing that it took her so long to see who he really is, or figured out she couldn't change him. 

• Love 9

Back in the day, it could take us a while to figure out who someone really was (some are quite good at hiding their true selves for a while, but it always emerges).  However, today with social media and the internet, it should be a bit easier/faster to find out who someone really is-having written that, many people are in denial about their beloved (see Dr. Phil's successful career...).

• Love 4

I always thought Becca seemed like a genuinely nice girl and could do so much better than Garrett. I get that no one is perfect and many of us will like/post things someone somewhere finds offensive, but THAT many offensive posts? I definitely agree it was abundantly clear who he was. I don't know how the relationship lasted as long as it did. From everything I've seen of Becca. she is the type of woman who loves people, ALL people, and Garrett is the kind of guy who just doesn't care about certain groups of people if they're not like his family and friends. 

• Love 12

I'm trying to remember who her second and third places were. There was one guy I really wanted her to pick, but I don't remember. I only remember Clay and Colton. Oh, wasn't there that one doofus who seemed like an OK guy on the show whose mother had an affair with his teacher and he ended up being a total jerk at Paradise and later?

• Love 2
Just now, Lamb18 said:

I'm trying to remember who her second and third places were. There was one guy I really wanted her to pick, but I don't remember. I only remember Clay and Colton. Oh, wasn't there that one doofus who seemed like an OK guy on the show whose mother had an affair with his teacher and he ended up being a total jerk at Paradise and later?

I think the one from Paradise [Blake] was her second and Jason (who is now with Kaitlyn Bristowe) was her third place choice. I think Colton was fourth place. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/11/2020 at 1:13 AM, Kiss my mutt said:

I liked Blake but he seemed a bit immature especially seeing him on BIP. Definitely ruined it for me. I liked Clay too but he left early, right? I think she’s too good to be on these shows, actually. 

I don't think she is too good for the show. Despite looking put together, she strikes me as ditzy (it is more obvious on the podcast when she's paired with Rachel). Easily impressed by all the wrong things. She mentioned on her season she was drawn to Garrett because he fishes just like her father. Plenty of men fish too. He ain't special. And she keeps harping about Arie even after 2 years. When she interviewed Hannah Ann on the podcast, she brought up Arie again. I get she was trying to relate to HA but she was like projecting onto HA her experience. It wasn't exactly the same. I don't blame her because it was hurtful but she never really got over the whole thing, in my opinion. At least I don't have to hear that annoying "let's do the damn thing" phrase again. 

Edited by waving feather
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

According to this Clare has been replaced as Bachelorette by Tayshia. 

Surprised but then not surprised if that makes any sense. Clare seemed a little wobbly to me so I wasn’t sure she’d make it. I also think producers didn’t seem that excited about her but apparently it was still her choice to leave?

https://youtu.be/EALtB3S74F8

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

According to this Clare has been replaced as Bachelorette by Tayshia. 

Surprised but then not surprised if that makes any sense. Clare seemed a little wobbly to me so I wasn’t sure she’d make it. I also think producers didn’t seem that excited about her but apparently it was still her choice to leave?

https://youtu.be/EALtB3S74F8

Apparently she is in love with one of the bachelors and wasn’t interested in continuing.  

• Love 1

Couldn't Harrison's son have gone down with another student?  A famous parent with you on the first day might have been more attention than his son wanted anyway.  

On 8/16/2020 at 10:30 AM, Stan39 said:

Just an empty suit and hairdo with no brains and too much money for doing nothing. 

I like Chris Harrison, but JoJo will be the perfect replacement if all it takes is clothes and hairdo. 

I never liked her always-in your-face implants (yes they were, one of her tenants said she felt like she paid for them with her first year's rent, because they just popped up one day.)  I also didn't like the way she zeroed in on the famous football player's brother from the very first night, and then spent most of her time with him talking about the brother.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Couldn't Harrison's son have gone down with another student?  A famous parent with you on the first day might have been more attention than his son wanted anyway.  

I like Chris Harrison, but JoJo will be the perfect replacement if all it takes is clothes and hairdo. 

I never liked her always-in your-face implants (yes they were, one of her tenants said she felt like she paid for them with her first year's rent, because they just popped up one day.)  I also didn't like the way she zeroed in on the famous football player's brother from the very first night, and then spent most of her time with him talking about the brother.

I always thought it would be funny to have a season where Chris Harrison progressively says less and less each episode until he eventually just comes out for the last rose of the rose ceremony, points and nods at the rose, then turns around and leaves. Honestly, there are entire episodes where all he does is come out in a suit, “Ladies, gentleman, the final rose of tonight.”

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Honestly, there are entire episodes where all he does is come out in a suit, “Ladies, gentleman, the final rose of tonight.”

I seriously want his job. Ten times what I make now for 19% less work? Yes please!

I'd love it if his last season ever he just sits in a comfy chair with a glass of scotch, the bachelor comes out and Chris just kind of nods in the direction of the women and roses. It's pretty self explanatory at that point. 

• Love 7

I don't know what Chris was thinking.  I get that taking your child to school for the first time can be special.  And I do hope it was the first time and not like the third time he has had to drop his son off at college. 

But I'm not sure what he expected with everyone else quarantining.  Even if the school was just up the street, I wouldn't assume that his son also quarantined before Chris got into a car with him.

And then he went to Texas which meant they drove through multiple states to arrive at a hot spot.  My guess is that probably involved hotels, restaurants, rest stops....etc.  And I get that he said he was careful about social distancing and claims to not have gotten out of the car (so did his son unpack himself?) But even if he decreased his personal risk, it's not zero risk.  If this were just him in the summer--no big deal but he's about to enter a petri dish of many people in close contact. If he gets sick, he's replaceable but if multiple contestants/crew get it, it'd not only jeopardize the season but probably cost money if they have to scrap whatever they've filmed.

But I do get why he'd be mad.  After seeing what they did to Tom Bergeron, he's probably nervous.

• Love 5

I like the picture of Clare they use in the new ad.  It ditches the cutesy, ingenue-type poses and absolutely says "Cut the shit, ABC and find me a decent MAN already!".  *LOL*

I was glad to see Reality Steve is answering Reader Emails again & getting back to his column.  And since he's now got a girlfriend, maybe him getting it on the regular will chill him out a little bit and dial back the angst.  I've always loved his stuff, but his intensity the last couple of seasons was palpable.  Probably just frustration.  And there's definitely a lot of craziness coming up from the whole franchise, so he's going to have plenty to report!

I'm ok with October.  Too much can get happening with all the various shows, so a little time off is good.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I like the picture of Clare they use in the new ad.  It ditches the cutesy, ingenue-type poses and absolutely says "Cut the shit, ABC and find me a decent MAN already!".  *LOL*

I think it's somewhat the opposite.  The new ad is the poster of The Graduate but reversed. The way Clare is holding the rose and her expression looks just like the way Mrs. Robinson (Anne Bancroft) would hold her cigarette in that movie. I think it suggests older woman, younger man.

• Love 4

I absolutely feel it's a mature approach to the woman looking for a relationship.  I thought my post made that clear.  Clare is no spring chicken, and they aren't trying to make her into one.  The guy involved is immaterial to the ad. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3
On 9/29/2020 at 3:00 PM, JudyObscure said:

My favorite Kenny memory is him coming down that hill to tell off that racist guy -- pure devilish glee written all over Kenny's face.

was that the one that Rachel said was like "kissing a little boy?" i remember thinking how mean and embarrassing that was.

2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

was that the one that Rachel said was like "kissing a little boy?" i remember thinking how mean and embarrassing that was.

No, that was Fred.  Rachel was his camp counselor when he was a child and he had a crush on her.

On 10/10/2020 at 4:24 PM, Happy Belly said:

If the NBA finals go to a game 7, it will be in the Bachelorette time slot. Does anyone know what will happen with the Bachelorette premiere then?

Over in Game 6, so it's academic now.  Premiere on Tuesday!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Pretty shocking news. Sometimes serious illness makes people figure life is too short. 

I thought I had heard he was in remission?  Cancer, wasn’t it?

7 minutes ago, b2H said:

I thought I had heard he was in remission?  Cancer, wasn’t it?

No, an auto immune disease, Guillan-Barre syndrome.  JP is lucky to be doing as well as he is.

I stopped following Ashley on social media when she starting selling that Arbonne stuff but I still follow JP and looking back, she has been Missing from his feed for awhile.   

• Love 4