Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

Yeah, I'm rooting for them too. They seem to really like each other (aside from being in love/lust) and that's always a plus. But will see if they can make the long distance thing work and how compatible they are as partners. Tayshia is bubbly and Zac is very low key. It's not a bad thing that they are not rushing to get married though. 

• Love 1

" Tayshia Adams seemed confident with her decision to send contestant Ivan Hall home over their religious differences — but it left Bachelor fans scratching their heads.On Tuesday night's Bachelorette finale, Adams pulled Hall aside during the penultimate rose ceremony and said she had discovered a few things that "posed concern" about their relationship during their Fantasy Suite date."

Did it go like this?  During sex, Tayshia exclaims (a few times), "Oh, God...Oh, God...Oh, God," and Ivan stops!  Says, "Wait a sec!  Do you think I'm religious?  I'm not."   And that, Ladies and Gents, is how the story ended.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, waving feather said:

Yeah, I'm rooting for them too. They seem to really like each other (aside from being in love/lust) and that's always a plus. But will see if they can make the long distance thing work and how compatible they are as partners. Tayshia is bubbly and Zac is very low key. It's not a bad thing that they are not rushing to get married though. 

So I'm kind of weird with these shows. I actually do not watch the Bachelor or the Bachelorette. I think the only full episodes I ever saw were the last one or two of the first season of the Bachelor a million years ago. Generally, I'm not into the melodrama of these sorts of reality shows. But I seem to get curious towards the end or after the end when I see stuff on social media, and I end up reading about it. Related to the long distance dating - I guess there would be less options and drama for the show in terms of casting, but I feel like they should have seasons where the cast is from a certain region of the country. I know the whole basis of the show is unrealistic, but I think the couples would have a slightly better shot if they lived somewhat close to each other in real life to start with. While there might be claims of being so in love, etc. on the show, when they get back to the real world, distance dating just adds another complication. How often are they so bought in right after the show that they immediately uproot their lives and make a move somewhere else? Just have each season shift regions in the country. Though I know the producers, etc., don't really care so much about relationship success after the show airs and there probably isn't any motivation to doing this. This random non-watcher thinks it's a good idea, though. 😛

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I was hoping to see what Tayshia’s parents thought of Ivan. I know a lot of people who believe in God but aren’t religious per se. I wonder if that’s his way of saying he’s atheist without coming out and saying he’s atheist. 
I think after the newness wears off T and Z will part ways. There is definitely chemistry there but I’m not sure about a deeper bond. I certainly would love to be proved wrong though. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, nutty1 said:

4 months since filming ended. They want to date. Not planning a wedding. No plans to move. So I’m reserving my opinion. I’d say I’m 50/50. 

I'm always disappointed when the same people who were so desperate to have cocktail party minutes and dangerous group dates just to spend time with each other,  now can barely be bothered.  How can they be so in love they're sobbing in the finale, but now it's gone from marriage to dating and even that's not important enough to move anywhere or go stay with the relatives a while.  Can't Tayshia find an Instagram beauty space from New York?  I don't even give them 50/50, they aren't making being together top priority.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I'm always disappointed when the same people who were so desperate to have cocktail party minutes and dangerous group dates just to spend time with each other,  now can barely be bothered.  How can they be so in love they're sobbing in the finale, but now it's gone from marriage to dating and even that's not important enough to move anywhere or go stay with the relatives a while.  Can't Tayshia find an Instagram beauty space from New York?  I don't even give them 50/50, they aren't making being together top priority.

@JudyObscureSince I am so jaded and biased I listened to their podcast with Rachel to try to be objective.  She actually said she is moving to New York to live with him a while and keeping her own place.....they wanted to date and be normal. Although they did contradict at one point...by saying they were going to see which place worked best, but later Zac admitted his life is really in New York and Rachel pointed out so they are really talking about her moving there.     They also talked about stepping back from the limelight to enjoy each other and date, yet I just saw an article saying she wants to be on Dancing with the Stars.....because of course she does!    Podcast they came off well, but Zac strikes me as someone who can't believe someone so pretty would be interested in him..kind of like a worship thing.  I think it might work only because he is not active on social media, etc.   

Anyway I came here to say I am super interested in tennis and have been following Venus Williams because she is doing workouts and cooking.....but guess who her guests are???? Tyler Cameron and Matt James!!! What? This franchise is haunting me! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, EyewatchTV211 said:

I know the whole basis of the show is unrealistic, but I think the couples would have a slightly better shot if they lived somewhat close to each other in real life to start with.

That's what the producers of Netflix's Love Is Blind did.  Most of the filming was done in Atlanta and everyone on the show was connected to the Atlanta area.   

If you aren't familiar with Love Is Blind, the process is even crazier than The Bachelor/ette in a way. Couples "meet" by dating through walls.  They don't get to see one another until they get engaged.  Couples then go to Mexico to get to know one another more.  They then return to the Atlanta area, move in with one another and move towards a wedding.  At the end. They either get married or they don't.

Three of the couples from the first season are together.  Two are married and the other couple is just together. It has been two years since the show was filmed.  But changing jobs or moving away from their people isn't something the couples need to do which I do think has helped. 

8 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Not just date, but be bicoastal.   

I don't know if it's said in the GMA interview but it sounds like she's going to NY and doesn't know when she's going back to LA.  I think part of the bicoastal experience is because she wants to do the DWTS post-bach experience which is going to be LA based. So you know...who knows?  

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Irlandesa said:

That's what the producers of Netflix's Love Is Blind did.  Most of the filming was done in Atlanta and everyone on the show was connected to the Atlanta area.   

If you aren't familiar with Love Is Blind, the process is even crazier than The Bachelor/ette in a way. Couples "meet" by dating through walls.  They don't get to see one another until they get engaged.  Couples then go to Mexico to get to know one another more.  They then return to the Atlanta area, move in with one another and move towards a wedding.  At the end. They either get married or they don't.

Three of the couples from the first season are together.  Two are married and the other couple is just together. It has been two years since the show was filmed.  But changing jobs or moving away from their people isn't something the couples need to do which I do think has helped. 

Thanks. Another show that I haven't watched, but I remember seeing advertising for it on Twitter. It sounds like that show has worked out well so far, based on what you shared. Very interesting. 

Zac seems almost shy in the live TV interview, so that might be where some of the awkwardness came from. Tayshia wants to do DWTS? Well, that might be tough for them because T seems like someone who enjoys the spotlight (and she's good at it, so no shade) but Zac seems like he couldn't wait to go back to his normal NY life. I wonder how is that going to work for them. If the couple is more into doing the Instagram celebrity thing, it might be easier for them. The only other successful couple who had similar vibe to them is Rachel and Bryan. Even so, Bryan likes the spotlight a little more than Zac. I can see Zac getting tired of all the fuss soon. But who knows he might be shilling work out plans on Instagram soon! Lol. Arie was super quiet on his Instagram too before he was the Bachelor.

• Love 1

So in one of her interviews she said in a very snarky way that she was "surprised" and it was "interesting" that Ivan thought she would leave with no one......WTF? 

You gave a big speech about your strong convictions and being a grown woman that knows her mind, invites him to Fantasy Suite, Act like you are into Brendan and all they know is Brendan is gone, so they don't know if you sent him home....he has NO IDEA what your connection is to the other guys, he just knows that you keep assuring him he is "perfect" and you can see a life together...you walk in, let Ben go, and then eliminate him ....with no emotion...and you are "interested" that he thought you might not leave with anyone?   She was all over the place trying to make a good season.  This is why I have issues with this show.   Ben had already broken up with her and had days to learn his lines, or practice or think how he would feel if he was eliminated again.  So clearly his reaction was not going to be the same. So do they really think that when someone was blind sighted that they immediately break into praising her or "being a good sport," especially when feelings are involved?  It seams like the lead wants to be praised at all times.....annoying. Have some damn empathy.  Not everyone was trying to be "perfect" with everything they said. 

I would have bet they didn't have sex, but now I am wondering if they did and he told her about the religion after the sex? Of if he didn't satisfy her and she is wondering why he didn't know he was gone after that. 

It is heartbreaking listening to him talk about that religion conversation.....which solidifies to me it was mainly an excuse instead of her just coming clean, so she could still look good when she is now saying she knew it was Zac all along.  Then Ben came back so she could use him instead because he was more head over heels for her...and in the end her father shamed her into not doing it fully.  I totally support her decision, but my heart breaks for him. I agree with him, you don't really need someone who can accept you the way you are.  And now he is saying she basically outed him as people in his own family didn't know and he didn't think she would say it on camera when she sent him home, but he understands it and is not mad about it, but he is having to deal with that.  Not that he was hiding it, but he wasn't putting that out there.   She totally did it to make herself look good because she knew she had been saying he was so "perfect" so she had to make it something BIG.   

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 2

I didn't think their interviews were too weird, it sounded like she's spending the holidays in NYC with his family and he mentioned she has "no return flight" so it sounds like she will keep her current place but explore the idea of moving to NY with him. Seems normal enough to me.

As for DWTS, she was asked directly if she'd be interested and she kind of did her loud laugh and said something like "Sure, why not?"

Didn't really sound like a serious plan, but who knows. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Sounds like Tayshia and Ivan stayed up all night talking.  He talks about identifying as agnostic and how he tried to find the right time to discuss religion and children with her   

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/ivan-hall-reveals-why-religion-was-a-factor-in-bachelorette-exit/

eta Another interesting interview with Ivan.   I’m really liking Ivan.  Not disliking Tayshia, and he is very careful to explain that they just had differing opinions about the role of religion.  
https://people.com/tv/bachelorette-suitor-ivan-hall-opens-up-about-breakup-with-tayshia/

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 5

More Zac and Tayshia interviews:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/love-in-quarantine-tayshia-adams-on-life-after-the-bachelorette-engagement

How do you plan to navigate a bicoastal relationship amid the pandemic in 2021?

Clark: The great news is we’re going to be able to take longer periods of time in each place. Obviously, we’re going to incorporate COVID testing and all of that stuff to make sure we’re being safe and following the guidelines of the WHO and the CDC and everyone else who is telling us how we should behave in this crazy world. As long as we do that and focus on our love, I think we’re going to be alright.

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, waving feather said:

Zac seems almost shy in the live TV interview, so that might be where some of the awkwardness came from.

Tayshia mentioned on Instagram that they watched the finale with her family last night and then had to get up to start doing press at 2 a.m. so they could also just be flat out tired. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Does anyone here listen to any of the bach / ette cast podcasts?  I have tried to do Trista's and Nick Viall's, but they are so long--it gets kind of boring.  I liked Trista's some, and listened to the one with Ryan, but even that one kind of droned on way past the time it needed to.  And then Nick's had all sorts of interruptions off the topic that the speaker was talking about.  Maybe I just don't have the patience.  lol

• Love 1
On 1/6/2021 at 7:56 AM, alexa said:

Does anyone here listen to any of the bach / ette cast podcasts?  I have tried to do Trista's and Nick Viall's, but they are so long--it gets kind of boring.  I liked Trista's some, and listened to the one with Ryan, but even that one kind of droned on way past the time it needed to.  And then Nick's had all sorts of interruptions off the topic that the speaker was talking about.  Maybe I just don't have the patience.  lol

I've listened to Here to Make Friends for awhile but I'm not eager to listen much anymore because I tend to like when people don't take the show so seriously. Brett Vergara who I've always enjoyed when he was on their podcast (and he was an old Buzzfeed-er) has a new podcast but haven't listened yet called Baby Got Bach. I prefer the ones without people directly associated with the show. 

• Love 2
On 1/6/2021 at 6:56 AM, alexa said:

Does anyone here listen to any of the bach / ette cast podcasts?

I like Becca Martinez podcast ‘Chatty Broads’. They are long but her and her co-host are funny and it doesn’t seem long.   Plus all the ads are put together so easy to fast forward. I also like Juliet Litman from the Ringer podcast ‘Bachelor Party’.   Nick V’s can be hit or miss.  Same with Olivia (Mouthing Off).  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 1/10/2021 at 8:39 PM, chocolatine said:

The article says she launched a running app called "Andorfins" (barf!) so I guess that's her job. BTW, I didn't realize she's moved to the West Coast. Last I heard she lived in NYC and fancied herself a writer. 

Oh how I wish they had an eye roll option on here. 😵

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

There is rumor going around about trouble in Paradise for Clare and Dale, and that Dale signed up for some dating site. I saw this on Facebook. No idea if it’s true. I wouldn’t be surprised. 

1B0C9CE8-5FFE-496E-AD5D-24AD73BB353A.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

There are posts about that Deuxmoi person in the spoiler thread from early November saying Clare and Dale weren’t together then. I’m not sure where or how they’re getting intel, but so far nothing that person has said has made it to any bigger name spoiler/reality news sites. 

• Useful 3

I am shocked, shocked I tell you.  After all, she schooled everyone about how she was still single because she knew what and who she wanted and, by golly, she wasn't going to waste her time.  Hopefully the franchise will not give her anymore opportunities to find love...

• LOL 3
  • Love 14

I didn’t even watch her (short) season and knew it wouldn’t last. She went all in on one guy and didn’t let go. She should have played the game for the whole season to at least get more publicity out of it. Of course, we don’t know the real deal. It says he he broke it off. So, maybe she’s cray cray and he said I’m outta here. She also could have realized he wasn’t the one and didn’t want to play his games and he didn’t like it. It’s pretty sad when Big Brother & Survivor have better odds in relationships then this franchise. If you want love go to CBS. LOL!!!!!,

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I didn’t even watch her (short) season and knew it wouldn’t last. She went all in on one guy and didn’t let go. She should have played the game for the whole season to at least get more publicity out of it. Of course, we don’t know the real deal. It says he he broke it off. So, maybe she’s cray cray and he said I’m outta here. She also could have realized he wasn’t the one and didn’t want to play his games and he didn’t like it. It’s pretty sad when Big Brother & Survivor have better odds in relationships then this franchise. If you want love go to CBS. LOL!!!!!,

Clare living in the Big Brother house would be... amazing.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Whatever will Clare do now that Dale has dumped her and she's alienated herself from Fleiss, Harrison and co?

Note: this is a rhetorical question. I don't necessarily care what happens to that middle-aged trainwreck after the terrible way she treated every guy not named Dale this past season.

51 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I am shocked, shocked I tell you.  After all, she schooled everyone about how she was still single because she knew what and who she wanted and, by golly, she wasn't going to waste her time.  Hopefully the franchise will not give her anymore opportunities to find love...

I can't imagine them giving her the time of day after they had to scramble to extricate themselves from her dumpster fire of a show. Tayshia did a great job given the circumstances, but Fleiss & Harrison surely have no desire to repeat it.

• Love 8

I truly feel that the bottom line here is that Dale came on for what he thought would be a normal season of The Bachelorette. Like 90 percent of the people that come on this show, he figured it'd be good for whatever his brand is and some publicity and maybe genuinely fall in love. Because as I've said, even though I don't buy any of these people come on this freak show purely to find love, I do think many are at least open to it, while enjoying whatever perks may come from the experience. 

So Dale came on, thinking he and Clare might hit it off and they'd see what happened. Instead, he met some weirdo who'd Insta stalked him before filming began and decided he was her soul mate after two seconds of talking to him and wouldn't hear otherwise. And when the producers themselves were over her and more than ready to send her packing, they rushed an engagement on him. I'm not trying to make Dale some victim who had no say but I can believe that dude may have felt overwhelmed and yes, maybe even a little manipulated by producers. The whole thing was just one giant shit show. 

And yes, I think it's safe to say Clare is done in Bachelor World at this point. Let it go girl. It clearly isn't working for you. Oh and proof positive that Reality Steve is full of shit at times. He tried to claim before the season started that the only love story that season would be Clare and Dale, since he was adamant for awhile that he didn't think Taysia got engaged to anyone. Now I'm not saying Taysia and Zac will last but they made more sense than whatever that was between Clare and Dale. 

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Wonder if Dale has set his sights on being the next Bachelor now. 

That was probably his goal all along. I don't believe for a second that he was ever "in love" with Clare, and if Matt hadn't already been announced as the Bachelor, Dale would have kept Clare at arm's length and pulled a Peter Kraus at the end.

• Love 6