Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

Hannah Brown is never sorry about anything.  Her ghoulish, blood sucking self-esteem requires that she be head over heels in love with her fabulous self 24/7.  I'm sure she's swanning around her house saying, "So what if I said the 'n' word? Jesus still loves me!"

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
On 5/6/2020 at 10:22 AM, DEL901 said:

If Clare keeps up berating some of the contestants online before filming even starts, most of them are going to drop out and the show will have to find replacements.   That wouldn’t be a bad thing if they could get some more age appropriate guys who didn’t expect a 23 year old (Hannah Anne or Madison).  But with Claire criticizing online, the show will be harder to cast, and the +35 group of available quality men interested in doing the show is already low.   

I don't know what Claire has said, but you definitely have a point. 

I love that we have an older Bachelorette and hopefully contestants closer to her age. I want to see adults truly ready to settle down. I know there are men and women in their early 20's who are mature and ready for marriage. But with this show, I feel like I'm watching a bunch of folks who want to make their livings as reality stars, models, and influencers. Nothing wrong with that, but I can't take the tears and dramatics seriously. I know more than likely it's not going to be everlasting love. If it doesn't work out for them on Bachelor/Bachelorette, maybe they'll end up on Paradise with a bevy of hot contestants to make out with and enjoy many more years of living it up single and fancy free.  

With Claire, she probably really is over dating, doesn't want to spend the traditional amount of time prior to an engagement due to her age, and is maybe even ready to start a family asap. I'm so much more invested.  

I wish people would stop using the n word. 😞

• Love 9
(edited)

She is *such* an idiot. A lot of people have lost their jobs and/or means to support themselves, many others are essential workers facing increased exposure to the virus, still others are juggling working from home with taking care of and homeschooling their children. But reality TV "stars" like Hannah apparently have no care in the world and nothing better to do than post videos of themselves doing the most mundane and boring things? And can't even be bothered make sure that what they post isn't racist or otherwise offensive?

The new Bachelorette season would have started airing around this time if the pandemic hadn't happened. I thought I'd really miss the show, but it turns out I don't. Time to say goodbye to this franchise and all the vapid, stupid people involved in it. (Except everyone who snarks on these boards. You all are the smartest and funniest people on the internet. If not for you, I would have stopped watching years ago.)

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 8

Can we just put Hannah B and Rachel in a closet and throw away the key?  I'm so sick of these two!

Should anyone be surprised that Hannah used the "N" word?  No.

Should anyone be surprised that Rachel "needs to speak out because others won't" and is mired in another controversy?  No.

Hannah, your 15 min. of fame is over; go do something useful.  Rachel, people are capable of speaking for themselves if they care enough.  Stop using that as an excuse to try and stay relevant.  Go back to the law and spend some time teaching poor Brian how to speak and have a mind of his own in your presence.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Recyclorette said:

Can we just put Hannah B and Rachel in a closet and throw away the key?  I'm so sick of these two!

Should anyone be surprised that Hannah used the "N" word?  No.

Should anyone be surprised that Rachel "needs to speak out because others won't" and is mired in another controversy?  No.

Hannah, your 15 min. of fame is over; go do something useful.  Rachel, people are capable of speaking for themselves if they care enough.  Stop using that as an excuse to try and stay relevant.  Go back to the law and spend some time teaching poor Brian how to speak and have a mind of his own in your presence.

As a fellow black woman like Rachel, who often has to suffer in silence when things like this happen to me and around me, I am grateful for someone like Rachel who stepped up and said something, despite the threats and racist comments I’m sure she’s now receiving on social media.

The point that Rachel aptly made is that this issue goes beyond Hannah from Alabama. We can’t throw up our hands and say “oh well, not surprised” when people do and/or say racist things. We cannot normalize and rationalize this type of behavior. 

Rachel may not be everyone’s cup of tea and that’s totally okay. But I am grateful that her video has encouraged a conversation that needs to happen. She has a platform that many of us do not and I’m glad she’s using it to speak out based on her lived experience as a black woman.  Because if it’s not Alabama Hannah, it’s some other racist (not saying Hannah is racist but just saying there are lots of racists out there) and this should not be happening. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
(edited)

As someone who doesn't care for either, I can certainly appreciate that sentiment. 

But this..

Rachel, people are capable of speaking for themselves if they care enough.  Stop using that as an excuse to try and stay relevant.  

I could not disagree with more. At least with regards to the current controversy. If ever there was a time for Rachel to use her position and speak out, it is this one. 

I mean who praytell should be the one to take that imbecile, Alabama Hannah, to task? Chris Harrison? I don't think so. 

Even if Rachel didn't have the "position" of being the most visible African-American in Bachelor Nation, and was instead some also-ran who got sent packing on night one, why shouldn't she speak out about this?  

Edited by reggiejax
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12

Let me just add that per Rachel, she reached out to Hannah privately and talked to her at length about why the whole thing was problematic, why she and others would be hurt by it but even still giving grace to the fact that Hannah wasn't intentionally trying to be offensive.

And after talking at length, Rachel asked Hannah to join her for the live so they could present a united front and address the issue, especially if Hannah was truly as sorry as she claims to be. Apparently right before they were supposed to go live, Hannah backed out. Which is why in her Live, Rachel makes the point that if you're bold enough to say the n-word with a camera on your face then be bold enough to take your mea culpa on camera too. 

But Hannah gave a half-assed apology first that seemed like she was still drunk and gave zero fucks and since then made an IG Story post that of course has since vanished and sounded more like something she felt she had to say. My guess is Hannah is likely rolling her eyes at the moment, pouting that she did nothing wrong and is hoping this will all just go away. 

And you know what, it likely would have gone no further than the Reddit thread, had Rachel not addressed it. Because that's when major entertainment outlets really picked up the story. I'm just going to say that I don't think Rachel is perfect by any means but I have watched the way she's been picked apart for every thing she says, thinks, feels by Bachelor Nation, while someone like Hannah, listless, no discernible skills, flitting from one guy in her season to another be elevated to some saint like status. And it's told me so much about the majority of Bachelor Nation and what they think of people of color. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Let me just add that per Rachel, she reached out to Hannah privately and talked to her at length about why the whole thing was problematic, why she and others would be hurt by it but even still giving grace to the fact that Hannah wasn't intentionally trying to be offensive.

And after talking at length, Rachel asked Hannah to join her for the live so they could present a united front and address the issue, especially if Hannah was truly as sorry as she claims to be. Apparently right before they were supposed to go live, Hannah backed out. Which is why in her Live, Rachel makes the point that if you're bold enough to say the n-word with a camera on your face then be bold enough to take your mea culpa on camera too. 

But Hannah gave a half-assed apology first that seemed like she was still drunk and gave zero fucks and since then made an IG Story post that of course has since vanished and sounded more like something she felt she had to say. My guess is Hannah is likely rolling her eyes at the moment, pouting that she did nothing wrong and is hoping this will all just go away. 

And you know what, it likely would have gone no further than the Reddit thread, had Rachel not addressed it. Because that's when major entertainment outlets really picked up the story. I'm just going to say that I don't think Rachel is perfect by any means but I have watched the way she's been picked apart for every thing she says, thinks, feels by Bachelor Nation, while someone like Hannah, listless, no discernible skills, flitting from one guy in her season to another be elevated to some saint like status. And it's told me so much about the majority of Bachelor Nation and what they think of people of color. 

I didn't watch Rachel's season, however I know that she's not only sharp, but an attorney. My guess is Hannah is intimidated by her. It's a lot easier for her to go back and forth with someone like Luke who wasn't the quickest, bless his heart. I bet Hannah knows if Rachel challenges her, she's not going to be able to hold her own, even if Rachel's intention isn't to annihilate Hannah, just hold her accountable and get a proper apology. Chris Harrison and Bachelor Nation coddled Hannah, so this backlash is probably new territory for her. I don't condone the hateful messages she's said to be getting, but Rachel was 100% right on about all of it. How are you going to be one of the most outspoken Bachelorettes, praised for your loud and in your face personality, constantly film yourself doing absolutely nothing of any importance, use the n word in a video, but then you're suddenly shy and quiet and do a short apology off camera? If she doesn't give a heartfelt apology, TPTB need to finally let her go from the franchise. I get that people make mistakes, and that she may not be hateful, just that freaking ignorant. I'm all for forgiveness and love, especially if it were some private, gentle person. But it's the confrontational "Hannah Beast" who brags about banging in windmills in front of her ex's parents. Where'd her balls go?  

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
(edited)

Was not aware of this. And here I thought my already low opinion of Hannah Beast couldn't get any lower. 

But never say never.

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

As a fellow black woman like Rachel, who often has to suffer in silence when things like this happen to me and around me, I am grateful for someone like Rachel who stepped up and said something, despite the threats and racist comments I’m sure she’s now receiving on social media.

LEGALBEAGLE421, I apologize to you and to anyone else I may have offended by my comments about Rachel.  In this instance, it is clear to me now that this is an appropriate time for her to use her platform and speak up about Hannah B.

Let me explain my feelings about Rachel.  My positive feelings for her changed at her ATFR.  For someone always promoting honesty and transparency, I feel she was cruel to Peter Kraus simply because he was honest and transparent with her.  She used her platform at that time to try and make sure he was not the next bachelor, which makes me believe she was not being honest and transparent about her true feelings towards him.  I also didn't like her assassination of Raven's character by making their falling out public but refusing to explain why.

I also feel that she allows the franchise to use her.  Having her appear and lecture us all after the last Bachelor was irritating, to say the least.  This show deliberately encourages nasty and outrageous behavior among the female contestants and then pretends outrage when the women get nasty comments.  Rather than jumping at another appearance on the show, I wish Rachel would raise her voice about the direction the franchise is going, particularly in its manipulation of women.  

In short, my opinion of Rachel has nothing to do with the color of her skin.  In fact, if I had the power to pick the next Bachelorette, it would be Natasha from the last Bachelor.  She is beautiful, funny, smart, and outspoken in a positive way.  I thoroughly enjoyed all her screen time.  I think she would make a great lead.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

LEGALBEAGLE421, I apologize to you and to anyone else I may have offended by my comments about Rachel.  In this instance, it is clear to me now that this is an appropriate time for her to use her platform and speak up about Hannah B.

Let me explain my feelings about Rachel.  My positive feelings for her changed at her ATFR.  For someone always promoting honesty and transparency, I feel she was cruel to Peter Kraus simply because he was honest and transparent with her.  She used her platform at that time to try and make sure he was not the next bachelor, which makes me believe she was not being honest and transparent about her true feelings towards him.  I also didn't like her assassination of Raven's character by making their falling out public but refusing to explain why.

I also feel that she allows the franchise to use her.  Having her appear and lecture us all after the last Bachelor was irritating, to say the least.  This show deliberately encourages nasty and outrageous behavior among the female contestants and then pretends outrage when the women get nasty comments.  Rather than jumping at another appearance on the show, I wish Rachel would raise her voice about the direction the franchise is going, particularly in its manipulation of women.  

In short, my opinion of Rachel has nothing to do with the color of her skin.  In fact, if I had the power to pick the next Bachelorette, it would be Natasha from the last Bachelor.  She is beautiful, funny, smart, and outspoken in a positive way.  I thoroughly enjoyed all her screen time.  I think she would make a great lead.

No apology necessary, but I appreciate it! You are more than entitled to not care for Rachel. I am a big fan of hers, but like any other human, she does things that make me cringe big time lol. I just wanted to provide a little more context for why I believe her speaking up was so important here. But again, I appreciate your response and I enjoy friendly discussion over anything else. 😊 I think being able to talk things through is the exact response that people wanted Hannah to have but she continues not to do so. 

• Love 7
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

Let me explain my feelings about Rachel.  My positive feelings for her changed at her ATFR.  For someone always promoting honesty and transparency, I feel she was cruel to Peter Kraus simply because he was honest and transparent with her.  She used her platform at that time to try and make sure he was not the next bachelor, which makes me believe she was not being honest and transparent about her true feelings towards him.

And that is one example of how I feel Rachel has been unfairly picked apart and judged in ways many other leads were not. Because I watched that ATFR and saw a completely different scenario than others did.

I saw a lead forced to have to watch her final episode in real time, when typically the leads always get the episodes prior so they know what's coming. And so she had no time to react and deal privately with what was shown on screen, while reliving something that happened months prior. I saw a woman being direct and forthright and that got read as rude and judgmental.

But when it was all said and done, Bachelor Nation was in love with the pretty white boy and nothing he did and said was ever criticized. And instead Rachel became the angry black woman.  And for many she's never been forgiven for the supposed egregious sin of stopping Saint Peter from being the next Bachelor.

Despite the fact that Peter himself has made it clear in multiple interviews, including one just a few weeks ago on some Live, that he very much was going to be the Bachelor until HIS difficult nature with producers fucked it up. But hey, it's always so much easier to blame the woman. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Despite the fact that Peter himself has made it clear in multiple interviews, including one just a few weeks ago on some Live, that he very much was going to be the Bachelor until HIS difficult nature with producers fucked it up. But hey, it's always so much easier to blame the woman. 

I'm glad you brought this up because I too thought Peter was supposed to be Bachelor but was the one holding up the process. I honestly only started watching the series at all because of Rachel. I heard there was a black bachelorette and have been tuning in ever since. Although I also loved Becca, I doubt there will ever be a Bachelorette I like as much as Rachel, so I'm always surprised when people say they don't like her. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I'm glad you brought this up because I too thought Peter was supposed to be Bachelor but was the one holding up the process.

Peter made not so subtle references multiple times that he was going to be The Bachelor and things fell through. He did so in an interview with Lauren Zima after Arie had been announced as The Bachelor, where he admitted that he let criticisms he got on social media get to him, from people calling him a hypocrite for saying the process was too short to get engaged but then becoming the lead.

He later again in some interviews here and there talked about second guessing himself a lot and that making him walk away from opportunities, etc. And then in his most recent interview, dude plainly came out and said they were all but ready to sign the contracts but he made a number of demands and things he wanted changed and basically he and the producers butted heads.

And really anyone who was paying attention knew something went down when I remember plainly how GMA tweeted they were announcing the new Bachelor the next day, then a few hours later the tweet was gone, Reality Steve was adamant that Peter would be the next Bachelor and then later when Arie was announced, Arie himself would later admit that he got the call to get to New York and finalize the whole thing a day before they made the announcement. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
31 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I saw a lead forced to have to watch her final episode in real time, when typically the leads always get the episodes prior so they know what's coming.

Where did this information come from?  I'm not saying it's not true, but I never recall, from the very beginning of the series, it being mentioned that the leads see the finale before the ATFR; they all seem very emotional when it's shown.  Peter may have trashed his own chances at the Bachelor lead, but Rachel bitterly dissed him every chance she got well before then.

As to picking apart the leads, I respectfully disagree with the fact that Rachel got it any worse than most of them.  Many of us did not care at all for Hannah B, many of us have seen enough of Clare, I recall Ashley Hebert getting tons of awful comments about her being "ugly," not to mention all the hatred Vienna got, though she wasn't a lead.  And then there's Kaitlyn.  On the other hand, there has also been an outpouring of support for Katie Morton.  It's great that Rachel is a favorite of many, but you can't assume that those of us who don't care for her personality feel that way because of her skin color.

Edited by Recyclorette
  • Love 8
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

Where did this information come from?

Rachel said it when discussing why she hated the format of the ATFR that year. And please note that this has never been done again since, i.e. having the lead on stage with Chris Harrison the entire time, watching the episode in real time.  She stated that the producers sent her the episodes every week a day or two before they aired. So prior to the ATFR, she always saw the episodes before they aired. 

but Rachel bitterly dissed him every chance she got well before then.

Agree to disagree. I saw an intelligent woman stand up for herself where necessary and challenge a man on his issues and behavior. And when he couldn't respond, he fell back on playing the victim of "I'm feeling attacked'.

It's funny but where some saw cruel, mean, awful Rachel to poor, delicate Peter, I saw a too intelligent woman who addressed a man who simply wasn't smart enough to handle her questions and the conversation. In other words, he wasn't being "attacked", he was simply intimidated. And men don't do well feeling intimidated by a woman. 

It's similar to what the poster above noted of why Hannah probably backed out of the Live. Because she was likely intimidated by Rachel. 

It's great that Rachel is a favorite of many, but you can't assume that those of us who don't care for her personality feel that way because of her skin color.

I don't think everyone who doesn't care for her is because of her skin color. But I do believe there is a strong contingent of Bachelor Nation who has placed her in the "angry black woman" box and as a black woman of color, I understand the very problematic implications of this.

And I don't expect everyone to understand or get it and frankly, I don't think this is the space for me to go into the whole historical context and damaging aspects of this. Yes, many leads have been criticized plenty.

That said, I do believe there is a very problematic element to the criticism and hate Rachel got, in that she was almost resented for daring to not choose and say anything critical about a white man Bachelor Nation was thirsting over and wanted to bang. There were so many problematic issues at play for me as a viewer watching it all unfold.

The way the white guy got all the benefit of the doubt and zero criticism, how he got to say he was feeling attacked and when challenged on it, couldn't respond but many latched onto it, to call the woman and yes a black woman mean, rude, angry, etc.

The whole situation was very questionable for me as woman of color watching. And yes, I do think that for many in Bachelor Nation, she has since never been forgiven for the mere audacity of questioning and challenging a pretty white boy. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

And I don't expect everyone to understand or get it

Not to worry, I'm sure Beckah would be happy to explain it 🙄

41 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

She stated that the producers sent her the episodes every week a day or two before they aired. So prior to the ATFR, she always saw the episodes before they aired. 

Was she the only one they did that to?  I'm pretty curious, because I thought there were a few who said they wouldn't watch their season...or maybe it was that they didn't watch the season with their winner.

(edited)
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Was she the only one they did that to?  I'm pretty curious, because I thought there were a few who said they wouldn't watch their season...or maybe it was that they didn't watch the season with their winner.

I doubt it. My guess is it's something that's commonly done but was just never mentioned before until they did that format for her ATFR and so in explaining why it was different, she mentioned it.

And I know certain media gets screeners of the episodes because People Magazine for example, always sees the finale before it airs because they have to do the photoshoot and interview with the couple in time for the issue to be out the same night the finale airs. 

I think what you're referring to is more so some Final 1 who have stated not watching the episodes, particularly because they don't want to see the lead's relationships with other people. I know Chris who is married to Des, said he never watched anything but their scenes together.

Bryan though interestingly has said and Rachel mentioned it too, that he watched every thing because he didn't want to be blindsided after the season ended by any questions or anything that he was learning for the first time. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Bryan though interestingly has said and Rachel mentioned it too, that he watched every thing because he didn't want to be blindsided after the season ended by any questions or anything that he was learning for the first time. 

wow, he's brave, I know I wouldn't want to see it!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, ByTor said:

wow, he's brave, I know I wouldn't want to see it!

Yeah they actually talked about it helping their relationship because they said after every episode they'd talk about every thing and deal with it. Bryan said that there were times when certain things were hard to watch and he'd flat out tell Rachel he needed time to process and couldn't talk to her right then. And then they'd work through it after. 

I remember Arie and Lauren talked about not watching his season and then later some person from GQ or one of those, came to interview them and spent a day and a half. And when the interviewer spoke to Lauren alone, she asked her about something that happened during the season and how she felt about it.

Well Lauren had no idea that happened (I can't remember if it was something Arie said or did with one of the other women, probably Becca) and got all teary. A few hours later, Arie called the interviewer saying interview was over and accusing her of upsetting Lauren. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

How are you going to be one of the most outspoken Bachelorettes, praised for your loud and in your face personality, constantly film yourself doing absolutely nothing of any importance, use the n word in a video, but then you're suddenly shy and quiet and do a short apology off camera? If she doesn't give a heartfelt apology, TPTB need to finally let her go from the franchise. I get that people make mistakes, and that she may not be hateful, just that freaking ignorant. I'm all for forgiveness and love, especially if it were some private, gentle person. But it's the confrontational "Hannah Beast" who brags about banging in windmills in front of her ex's parents. Where'd her balls go?  

I briefly followed Hannah B on Instagram but quickly got annoyed at the constant videos of her exercising or dancing in her crop top. I thought "Does she ever read a book?" I mean, it was constant and IMO inane and I unfollowed her.  But here is my point. For a young woman who spends so much time live online, Hannah's single Instagram post apologizing seems proportionally inadequate. (The drunk live apology will not be presented as evidence because it made her look worse). This is a girl that practically lives online so to be suddenly offline since the post while her fandom melts down makes it look like she is hiding.  Bad look.  If I don't see her then I'm just assuming she's curled up in a fetal position crying woe is me.

Could be that she had a PR person tell her not to go live with Rachel, but I'm not sure that was wise.  Just from the tone of Rachel's own live Instagrams, I believe she would have been pretty even keeled with Hannah and this dumpster fire would have been nicely addressed.  (I'm a fan of Rachel--you can be a lawyer and be nice at the same time.)

I'm sure she's swanning around her house saying, "So what if I said the 'n' word? Jesus still loves me!"

Chris Harrison and Bachelor Nation coddled Hannah, so this backlash is probably new territory for her.

The adulation this young woman has been receiving (BN Queen with 2 million + followers) is completely over the top. Sure, she's cute and she's quirky but her not showing up now when the heat gets hot is exactly her MO.  She was always crying and cancelling cocktail parties because she was upset for one reason or another.  I understand that production enjoys the shock of announcing "The cocktail party is cancelled we are going straight to the rose ceremony," but Hannah seemed to stomp out more than one would expect someone with a signed contract should/would do. And the outbursts supposedly continued during the DWTS filming as well. 

Hannah has said that she wants to be a role model, well, here's her big shot. Although I am sure she didn't picture modeling humility and sincere sorrow,  that's where she is. So I'm curious to see what she does next ... the clock is ticking.  

• Love 10

Hannah has little self-awareness. Her Instagram and tik tok videos are an example. Everyone does it but hers are the most obnoxious. She thinks that makes her relatable but it just shows how out of touch she really is at her age. She is not a teenager anymore. She also wants to fit in with the woke "cool" LA crowd so bad but she is still the little ignorant girl deep down. She will tell you that we are all humans who make mistakes and while that may be true, it doesn't mean everyone needs to accept and forgive her "mistakes" all the time. She will likely play victim again and write a long instagram post about what a tough time she went though because of it. 

I didn't like her on DWTS too when she was so uptight and frankly speaking a bit rude to her partner from sometimes.

• Love 3

Wherever Hannah is hiding I hope she stays there.  I think she was a bad example for the young girls who watch this, mistaking anger for assertiveness, dissing her female competition, choosing men based on looks and just so full of herself all the time.

Rachel was just the opposite.  I loved her and was so glad she ended up with Bryan the man who was walking on air in Switzerland he was so thrilled to be with her and so much in love.  Peter would have made an interesting Bachelor, but I pity any woman who would marry Peter and have to deal with his high expectations for every pre-planned moment in life. He'll be hard work for any woman if things don't go right or she ever just wants to spend a day in her socks and pajamas watching trashy TV.

The only thing the two women have in common is that Bachelor Nation is mad at them for not choosing the pretty models, Peter and Tyler. And Bachelor Nation is mainly all idiots.

• Love 9

I think she was a bad example for the young girls who watch this, mistaking anger for assertiveness, dissing her female competition, choosing men based on looks and just so full of herself all the time.

I remember this date she went on with poor Luke, who was just stupidly head over heels over her. They were in the hills somewhere and she was trying to get him to  "open up" and he kept answering her questions in what I thought were reasonable enough answers for someone being put on the spot with a camera crew in front of him but nothing he said was ever good enough and she stomped  off and whined to the producers how frustrated she was and what to do?  And it just felt to me as if she thought Luke's job was to quiet her internal angst but of course, how could he do that when she is just a raging mess inside?  I always think that he was the one that had the lucky escape, although most BN see things the other way around.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Nick V made a video about it on his Instagram and it's surprisingly thoughtful. But I made the mistake of opening the comments out of curiosity and was appalled by what those people that were defending Hannah were saying. They are showing themselves to be not only ignorant but actually racist. Yikes! Are those her typical "fans" or are they just using this opportunity to express that racism? It's horrifying either way. 

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 3

I have nothing but respect for Rachel. She got a ton of unjustified criticism from people watching an edited show. She fell in love, she married her choice, she’s got a great career going and doesn’t need to shill and sell to get a paycheck. When she talks, I don’t feel my brain cells dying. I didn’t like her on Nick’s season, but she was a great choice for Bachelorette. 

Peter wasn’t ever going to propose. That’s not her fault. She was gutted when that happened. And then had to relive it live. I never saw him as a great catch. And he would have sucked as the Bachelor.

Hannah had smoke blown up her skirt by ABC and her rabid “stans” and it went to her empty head. She’s ignored quarantine, she’s waffled between guys, she showed up to disrupt Peter’s show, and now she’s letting people be attacked for her mistake, including her “friends”. Girl threw her brother under the bus too. Queen needs to be dethroned. Unless she’s gunning for a FOX job.

And if we want to talk images, why are most of the news photos of HB smiling and Rachel looking angry? Rachel made an offer with grace and kindness. And it was rejected. It’s not about a song lyric, it’s about a word that she said while skipping over the “f” word. Queen made her choice. And now she’s in hiding. 🙄

• Love 15
(edited)
6 hours ago, dbell1 said:

It’s not about a song lyric, it’s about a word that she said while skipping over the “f” word.

Say it louder. This more than anything is what exposed her and why her stans trying to use the "she was just singing the song. Blame the artist" excuse is bullshit. Because Ms. Hannah knew enough to not say the fuck that's also loud and prominent in the song.

Because of course not - gasp, "good, Christian Southern girls" can't speak such language. But had no problem saying the n-word. And that's because she clearly DOESN'T see anything wrong or problematic about that word. And that's why her ass needed to be checked.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:
16 hours ago, dbell1 said:

It’s not about a song lyric, it’s about a word that she said while skipping over the “f” word.

Say it louder. This more than anything is what exposed her and why her stans trying to use the "she was just singing the song. Blame the artist" excuse is bullshirt. Because Ms. Hannah knew enough to not say the fork that's also loud and prominent in the song.

Because of course not - gasp, "good, Christian Southern girls" can't speak such language. But had no problem saying the n-word. And that's because she clearly DOESN'T see anything wrong or problematic about that word. And that's why her ash needed to be checked.

I was willing to give her the benefit of the song lyric until I heard about her not saying fuck, which was also in the song. Even though I swear like a sailor, I never say that word because of the deep, dark, horrible history of the word. 

So it saddens me to hear that she didn't have any kind of auto filter to saying it while she thinks saying fuck is so horrible that she automatically self edits it.

• Love 5
On 5/19/2020 at 7:08 AM, Recyclorette said:

Go back to the law and spend some time teaching poor Brian how to speak and have a mind of his own in your presence.

Not sure how Bryan respecting Rachel enough not to speak over her in her domain (the Bachelor world or in media) is considered a bad thing. If nothing else, it shows he is not threatened by how sharp and articulate his wife is and has no problem letting her shine in her element. I saw the episode of Celebrity Fear Factor they were on. They worked together great and were equal partners.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, waving feather said:

Not sure how Bryan respecting Rachel enough not to speak over her in her domain (the Bachelor world or in media) is considered a bad thing. If nothing else, it shows he is not threatened by how sharp and articulate his wife is and has no problem letting her shine in her element. I saw the episode of Celebrity Fear Factor they were on. They worked together great and were equal partners.

Bryan is actually quite intelligent and articulate himself. I've listened the few times he's joined Rachel and Becca's podcast and I've listened to a few episodes of his health related podcast. Bryan to me comes across as you noted, as a man not threatened by his wife who yes, has a strong personality.

And in fact, Rachel has stated this many times, that when she met his mother and after the show when they spent more time together with his family, she realized that part of the reason Bryan isn't intimidated by a strong woman and is more than confident to silently stay back and be supportive, is because that's largely the dynamic his parents have. His father is a fairly laid back, quiet man while his mother is the firecracker. And it works for them.

They even hinted at this on his HTD before he and Rachel went to meet his family and he was describing them to her. When he talked about his father being very calm, quiet and relaxed, Rachel went, "so like you". 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, waving feather said:

They were judges on Bachelor Listen to Your Heart and though Rachel had more to say than even the professional musicians, Brian did not utter one word.  Not one.  JoJo and Jordan, Arie and Lauren, and Kaitlyn and Jason all appeared as judges and all deferred to each other for comments.  The franchise is Bryan's domain, too, and though this tells you he is not threatened by Rachel, it could also tell another story.  It seemed disrespectful to me that Rachel did not turn to him to hear his opinion.  

Edited by Recyclorette
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

Brian did not utter one word.  Not one. 

Welcome to the world of editing. Bryan discussed this on Instagram and said that of course he spoke but yes, apparently the producers decided what he said wasn't worth airing. For what it's worth though, he still had a great attitude about the whole thing, laughed about it and said he had a great time filming the episode and it was fun. 

Bryan is to me one of the most misjudged people to have been on this show. People labeled him with so many negative connotations, one of the most common being that he was a player, fake, etc. And yet, there he is today, him and Rachel married, never in any drama with anyone and quietly living his life. 

Honestly, I admire Bryan's ability to ignore so much of the hate and crap that was thrown his way. And Rachel has talked about this. How he was the one to help her ignore a lot of the hate and negativity that was thrown at them (and there was a lot) right after the season ended.

I remember looking at Bryan's Instagram  after Rachel's season and man, kudos to him for keeping his head up and never giving these assholes the satisfaction of a reaction. And honestly, I think it worked and most got bored when they realized he'd never engage because he gets virtually no hate anymore in his comments.

For all the negativity and judgments that were made about him, I do think Bryan like Chris and J.P. was someone who was old enough when he did the show to know who he is and know exactly what he wanted and was ready to settle down. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
17 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Bryan is to me one of the most misjudged people to have been on this show. People labeled him with so many negative connotations, one of the most common being that he was a player, fake, etc. And yet, there he is today, him and Rachel married, never in any drama with anyone and quietly living his life. 

To be fair, most of the initial ridicule was due to Bryan referring to himself as a "physician" even though he doesn't have an MD (and in fact never finished college), and hawking dubious weight loss supplements on his website. That was not editing. People were questioning - rightly, IMO - how Rachel could respect someone like that. I'm glad they're happy together, but I still think Bryan is shady.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
17 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

To be fair, most of the initial ridicule was due to him referring to himself as a "physician" even though he doesn't have an MD (and in fact never finished college), and him hawking dubious weight loss supplements on his website. That was not editing. People were questioning - rightly, IMO - how Rachel could respect someone like that. I'm glad they're happy together, but I still think Bryan is shady.

I do not want to rehash the saga of Rachel's season, because it was exhausting enough when it happened. However, as someone who followed the Bachette board, Reddit and social media during that season, while I don't deny there were some who had opinions about Bryan for the reasons you stated, I saw plenty of comments and accusations of his being an obvious player, fake, he and Rachel were just about lust and sex, etc. etc.

His mother was this evil and crazy woman because of one stupid joke edited for effect (oh the innocent days before we met Barb). I've always said that I came into Rachel's season with no horse in that race regarding who she picked. I liked Rachel well enough on Nick's season but wasn't as enamored by her as others, so I came into her season with nothing more than mild interest.

And because of that I quietly observed a lot of the reaction and comments before her season even started airing and it was clear battle lines got drawn really quickly with some viewers. And look, I don't care that people liked one person over another. However, I've never gotten this intense hatred viewers develop towards other contestants.

Emily's season was the first indication I had of how toxic Bachelor Nation could be and Rachel's season solidified it for me. I have never seen anything crazier and seen people so pressed and frothing with hate because a woman chose some other guy on a reality show. 

Also, this is the first I've heard about Bryan not finishing college. Because I've seen pictures of Bryan at his college graduation. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, chocolatine said:

To be fair, most of the initial ridicule was due to Bryan referring to himself as a "physician" even though he doesn't have an MD (and in fact never finished college), and hawking dubious weight loss supplements on his website. That was not editing. People were questioning - rightly, IMO - how Rachel could respect someone like that. I'm glad they're happy together, but I still think Bryan is shady.

The editing with this franchise is suspect for sure, but you can't change what we actually see.  What I saw of Bryan made me think he just wanted to win, and that felt shady to me.  Acting like some lothario from the get-go, always pulling Rachel into some secluded space for passionate kissing.  It made me feel that he wasn't interested in conversation and really getting to know her and he certainly didn't seem to be an intellectual match.    

I think what bothered many of us was that Rachel didn't really have a choice in the end because Bryan was the only one left and she was so intent on an engagement.  I personally don't care who she would have picked but, after seeing the slower, more believable (IMHO) passion that built with her No. 2, it's hard not to wonder if she settled.  I guess time will tell, but I don't believe the constant editing excuses whenever someone has an opinion about this couple.  That's too easy, especially when they have a constant platform.

But hey, in the end, all these contestants choose to be TV personalities and this is a site to discuss everything Bachelor franchise.  We're all entitled to an opinion!  

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

I think what bothered many of us was that Rachel didn't really have a choice in the end because Bryan was the only one left and she was so intent on an engagement. 

Or she picked the guy she wanted and realized in the end was best for her. 

59 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

I personally don't care who she would have picked but, after seeing the slower, more believable (IMHO) passion that built with her No. 2, it's hard not to wonder if she settled. 

And I saw an unhealthy situation with a guy who didn't seem like he knew what he wanted at all. Funny how we all see these things differently, huh. 

• Love 1
(edited)
38 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

And I saw an unhealthy situation with a guy who didn't seem like he knew what he wanted at all. Funny how we all see these things differently, huh. 

Unhealthy?  I'd say being honest about not being ready for an engagement at the end of any of these shows is quite healthy.  And I respect those who are mature enough to leave and not put the lead through a FR ceremony if they're not on the same page.  If Peter was there just to build a brand, get on DWTS, establish a career, etc., he could have stuck around for the fame.  But he didn't, because it was obvious he truly cared about Rachel.  And though it wasn't what Rachel wanted to hear, he was honest with her right along.  It was real and very painful to watch.

Edited by Recyclorette
  • Love 8
On 5/21/2020 at 1:49 PM, Kerri Johnson said:

After Hannah B’s N word slip up, I can definitely see why Hannah G is so tightly controlled.

People accuse Hannah G of constantly being on brand and boring, maybe she can help Hannah B out. 

I'm not sure why Hannah G gets that criticism. She's very beautiful, sweet, charming, and does have personality. Maybe some people are more entertained by the girls who are quirky or bitchy or provocative, but I think Hannah G is lovely and shouldn't change. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Rachel is getting dragged all over again, with her husband, to deflect from the Hannah B topic? You know, the Christian “beast” who waffled, tossed tantrums, was disliked by DWTS people due to tantrums, messed up her season and stayed messy, and is now under fire for words she spoke. But sure, let’s go after Rachel and Bryan for how they were edited. Sounds sane. 

I’m sick of the Peter cult. Why go on a show about proposing if you’re not going to? But it’s easier to blame the woman who called him out on it.

Edited by dbell1
  • Love 9
On 5/25/2020 at 12:11 PM, Mabinogia said:

So it saddens me to hear that she didn't have any kind of auto filter to saying it while she thinks saying fuck is so horrible that she automatically self edits it.

I didn't see Hannah's season, just the clips, so correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she use the infamous "f" word when describing what she did in the even more infamous windmill?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Hannah has used the f word many times in the past. But who knows what her "standards" really are. She waffles all over the place. Not only with men but how she conducts herself. Pilot Pete explained in the podcast that he was not the one who reached out to Hannah B. for closure but she's the one who reached out to him first. And that's why he asked Hannah Ann if he could talk to Hannah B for closure. She came onto Pete's season trying to get attention from him (and screen time), which is already annoying but she had to contact him again because she's having such a "hard time". She's always having such a hard time and it's never her fault. Poor little Hannah.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I didn't see Hannah's season, just the clips, so correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she use the infamous "f" word when describing what she did in the even more infamous windmill?

Yes, yes she did. "I fucked in a windmill" is part of Bachelor Nation lexicon at this point. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, waving feather said:

She came onto Pete's season trying to get attention from him (and screen time), which is already annoying but she had to contact him again because she's having such a "hard time".

And let's not forget saying to him that she only asked Tyler out because he reached out. But how it was always Peter and Jed for her (and yet she eliminated Peter at F3). And still some of her stans insist Tyler committed some big betrayal against her when he hooked up with Gigi Hadid. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Yes, yes she did. "I fucked in a windmill" is part of Bachelor Nation lexicon at this point. 

Thank you!!!  Then that whole "skipped the "F" word but said the "N" word" is even MORE fakety fake!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, waving feather said:

Hannah has used the f word many times in the past. But who knows what her "standards" really are. She waffles all over the place. Not only with men but how she conducts herself. Pilot Pete explained in the podcast that he was not the one who reached out to Hannah B. for closure but she's the one who reached out to him first. And that's why he asked Hannah Ann if he could talk to Hannah B for closure. She came onto Pete's season trying to get attention from him (and screen time), which is already annoying but she had to contact him again because she's having such a "hard time". She's always having such a hard time and it's never her fault. Poor little Hannah.

She's a hot mess.  It's sounded like a given that she would get another season.  After this, I would think she's persona non grata everywhere and that we've, at last, suffered the last of her!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

She's a hot mess.  It's sounded like a given that she would get another season.  After this, I would think she's persona non grata everywhere and that we've, at last, suffered the last of her!

My biggest fear.... Claire’s season gets so delayed, she ends up passed over for Hannah B.  

• Love 1