Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

You have to have a good sense of humor and the ability to not take yourself seriously to wear a taco suit for pay. I’m pretty sure Dale will end up on Paradise.  I suppose Clare could schlep herself down for her 857th franchise appearance. 

• Love 5

I know bachelor nation isn’t exactly known for their work ethic , but does anyone know how Caelynn and Dean are able to travel the world ALL. THE. TIME ? Seriously , how are they so rich and clearly don’t work ?

• Love 3

So 3 months later, they are officially official.   So those thinking it would be over in a flash, it looks to be succeeding. 

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/clare-dale-gushing-over-engagement-123100163.html

JoJo and Jordan have been engaged for over 3 years, and Kaitlyn & Shawn were at least that far in when they broke up.  And then she went right back to another Bachelorette contestant, so Clare isn't the only one to keep choosing a guy from the franchise.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, leighdear said:

So 3 months later, they are officially official.   So those thinking it would be over in a flash, it looks to be succeeding. 

My money is on it will be officially official until all the media rounds have been made, the morning and evening talk shows, radio interviews and the next cast of DWTS is announced. And, oh yeah, IG followers top out for the best $ shilling products. And Dale's gym maxes out its membership rolls.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

I don't get this.  Does anyone know why they haven't gotten married?

It's my understanding that they were actually going to get married in July of this year - date and everything was set. But like a lot of other people, they postponed it because of the pandemic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

I don't get this.  Does anyone know why they haven't gotten married?

Nobody seems to know, and they don't seem to need to explain.  They appear to be happy, so maybe making it legal doesn't mean much.  They got the ring free & clear, though!  *LOL*

• Love 4

Thinking more about Clare liking those Tweets about production forcing her out and being out to get her from the beginning.  That’s pretty rich of her considering she got a huge rock out of the deal, not to mention a special early fantasy suite date and the full proposal treatment. As Chris said, they moved mountains to provide her with her dream “happily ever after,” even after she completely broke the show 12 days in. What more did she want from them?! 

• Love 18

"Everything since the show has been reaffirming of why I chose Dale," Crawley, 39, tells PEOPLE. "He's even better off camera, in person, one on one at home. Dale is the yin to my yang. And this is the happiest I've ever been."

Though the couple hasn't moved in together, yet, they're house hunting in Crawley's Sacramento, California, hometown, so that she can be close to her mother, who is living with dementia.

And Moss and Crawley have learned to shake off the naysayers who criticize the fact that they got engaged after two weeks.

"For me personally, there is no explanation needed," says Moss, 32. "I've never been afraid of commitment. And when I met Clare, I knew I was all in. She lights a fire in me that I was missing for so long."

Who knows what the future holds? But I think they seem sweet together. Maybe they rushed the timeline, but that means Dale won't watch back the season and get mad about Clare doing "fiancé things" with other guys on the show. 

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Dejana said:

Maybe they rushed the timeline, but that means Dale won't watch back the season and get mad about Clare doing "fiancé things" with other guys on the show. 

This is why, unlike most, I am not upset at Clare for not leading the other men on with dates she didn't want to go on and cocktail parties that weren't going to go anywhere anyway. She got there, fell in love and decided to focus on the man she was falling in love with rather than hedging her bets with a bunch of guys who were never going to be "the one". She did them a favor, really. She is my favorite Bachelorette of all time for knowing what she wanted and not playing games. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

This is why, unlike most, I am not upset at Clare for not leading the other men on with dates she didn't want to go on and cocktail parties that weren't going to go anywhere anyway. She got there, fell in love and decided to focus on the man she was falling in love with rather than hedging her bets with a bunch of guys who were never going to be "the one". She did them a favor, really. She is my favorite Bachelorette of all time for knowing what she wanted and not playing games. 

I like Clare too.  Imperfect, emotional and unpredictable, but I'm invested in her and would like to see her happy.  I skipped Colton's season, so I just saw Tayshia's ridiculous "showmance" with the ludicrous Jon PJ.  No desire to see her "journey" or whatever happens with her. 

And I'm sorry, but she's going to blind somebody either with those teeth that are so white they look blue, or that ice pick of a chin.    

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, leighdear said:

And I'm sorry, but she's going to blind somebody either with those teeth that are so white they look blue, or that ice pick of a chin. 

I say she's going to whack somebody upside the head with those boobs.

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Who knows? Maybe if Clare hadn't clicked so strongly with Dale she might have been more open to "the process" with the other guys. Or she might have stayed shut up in her room. I don't think she handled the situation absolutely perfectly, but still it's just a reality show, they have contingency plans, and most contestants will ultimately get rejected even when the lead does play the usual game. 

3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

So...Deanna was supposed to help out with the cancelled group date....makes more sense than her coming all that way and quarantining for a short chat.   
https://www.usmagazine.com/podcasts/here-for-the-right-reasons/deanna-pappas-spills-on-bachelorette-visit-with-clare-crawley/

From that article:

"We talked for probably two and a half hours and unfortunately, you see two minutes of us just talking about Dale, Dale, Dale. … But really, we talked about everything. We talked about all of the guys.”

Of course. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Who knows? Maybe if Clare hadn't clicked so strongly with Dale she might have been more open to "the process" with the other guys. Or she might have stayed shut up in her room.

If she hadn't known the moment she saw him that Dale was the one I think she would have been working the room like nobodies business. Clare seemed so excited about the change to be Bachelorette that I fully believe she fell instantly for Dale because if not she would have been lapping up all the attention and loved having 20-something boyfriends fighting for her. 

I do wonder, also, if she would have been more open to faking it with the other guys had there been the promise of world travel but, considering they were all just stuck in the same place there really was no incentive for her to keep seeing the other guys she wasn't interested in when she could just devote her time to getting to know the guy she wanted to marry. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
56 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

If she hadn't known the moment she saw him that Dale was the one I think she would have been working the room like nobodies business. Clare seemed so excited about the change to be Bachelorette that I fully believe she fell instantly for Dale because if not she would have been lapping up all the attention and loved having 20-something boyfriends fighting for her. 

I do wonder, also, if she would have been more open to faking it with the other guys had there been the promise of world travel but, considering they were all just stuck in the same place there really was no incentive for her to keep seeing the other guys she wasn't interested in when she could just devote her time to getting to know the guy she wanted to marry. 

She admitted she fell for Dale BEFORE meeting him.  Because of the filming delay, she was able to check out all the guys and admitted to falling for Dale.   Then, in person, once she met him, she really didn’t look seriously at anyone else.  

• Love 4
On 11/11/2020 at 9:18 AM, Dejana said:

Who knows what the future holds? But I think they seem sweet together. Maybe they rushed the timeline, but that means Dale won't watch back the season and get mad about Clare doing "fiancé things" with other guys on the show. 

They sort of look alike. Maybe it will work. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I’m hoping without all the excitement of exotic locales and experienced based dates, it might lead to more meaningful conversation because the focus is on the person in a more controlled somewhat boring situations. It might prevent confusing falling in “love” with all the fanfare of doing something new every time and the excitement felt by that is transferred to the person. But I’m probably kidding myself. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Listened (and watched the video clips on YouTube) to the Bachelor Happy Hour podcasts with Rachel and Becca, featuring Tayshia and then another one featuring Clare and Dale. I don't know anything about Tayshia except for her (fake?) cheerfulness on Colton's season but I really like her personality now. She appears genuine. She didn't give expected answers to some of the leading questions Rachel was asking. She stayed true to herself. Good for her. 

The one with Clare and Dale. Clare is very highly strung. I guess that's just her personality, it seems difficult for her to relax. I believe they do genuinely like each other but Dale still talks like a politician, so it's hard to get a read on him. At one point I think he brought up his philanthropy without prompt, lol. I don't wish to see Clare emotional and upset again, so hope it works out for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Tayshia showed up on the red carpet at the American Music Awards: 

https://people.com/music/amas-2020-red-carpet-arrivals-photos/?slide=3cdbc674-c89b-4118-9497-be9e27de1c80#3cdbc674-c89b-4118-9497-be9e27de1c80

I think she looks great with the darker, braided hair, and wish we'd seen her like that on the show. TPTB like to pat themselves on the back for having a POC lead, but they still make her conform to white beauty standards.

• Love 7

Kaitlyn just won DWTS, which makes her the second Bachelorette in a row to win. I wonder if that means DWTS will take a break from casting Bachelorettes to give other "stars" a chance, or if they'll lean into this trend and try to recruit more Bachelorettes. I kinda wish they'd give poor Trista another chance; she was the first to be voted off in the first season, back when the Bachelor/ette franchise wasn't as popular.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I read that JoJo and Jordan recently called off their engagement. 

Where did you read that? He was on her Instagram stories with her yesterday and she still has her ring on.

1 hour ago, GracieK said:

Where did you read that? He was on her Instagram stories with her yesterday and she still has her ring on.

Maybe it was that they called off the wedding due to Covid. I did read that i thought. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TiredMe said:

Maybe it was that they called off the wedding due to Covid. I did read that i thought. 

Yes, oops, that’s what it was! I just double checked and misunderstood and that they had called the whole thing off. I’m sorry-false alarm! I’m glad they’re still together because I had my serious doubts about him, not that I liked Robbie for her either.  

• Love 3
On 11/11/2020 at 9:18 AM, Dejana said:

Though the couple hasn't moved in together, yet, they're house hunting in Crawley's Sacramento, California, hometown, so that she can be close to her mother, who is living with dementia.

No way does Dale want to live out of the limelight in SACRAMENTO.

• Love 4
On 11/15/2020 at 3:56 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m hoping without all the excitement of exotic locales and experienced based dates, it might lead to more meaningful conversation because the focus is on the person in a more controlled somewhat boring situations. It might prevent confusing falling in “love” with all the fanfare of doing something new every time and the excitement felt by that is transferred to the person. But I’m probably kidding myself. 

I always remember Season 2, Aaarons, when he and Gwen had this amazing cinderella date in this glass coach. I was swooning and I didnt like Aaron at all. You may have a point.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

So Boy Band Kenny posts naked pictures of himself onlIne. You do you, Kenny.

He's in great shape, but all I could think of when I stumbled across these was "six more weeks of winter, I guess."

Kenny was just on the Bachelor Happy Hour podcast with Rachel Lindsay and Becca Kufrin. He has a pretty good personality and a fun interview. I think Becca was a bit smitten with him.

• Love 7

Makes me wonder if it could be Lyme’s disease or Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever with all the nebulous symptoms. It can be very hard to treat and it mimics a lot of other conditions and Can last years.  I’m sure he’s been tested, but I don’t know if it picks up all cases. Just a thought having lived in that area and having known people with mysterious like illnesses. 
I hope they can get to the bottom of it and he can start to feel better whatever it is. 
I wonder how old their kids are now?

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Makes me wonder if it could be Lyme’s disease or Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever with all the nebulous symptoms. It can be very hard to treat and it mimics a lot of other conditions and Can last years.  I’m sure he’s been tested, but I don’t know if it picks up all cases. Just a thought having lived in that area and having known people with mysterious like illnesses. 
I hope they can get to the bottom of it and he can start to feel better whatever it is. 
I wonder how old their kids are now?

I think one is 11 or 12 right now and the other is older by a couple of years or so.  (I am estimating but they are around those ages).  

It is interesting because they had to have known when they made the instagram post about Ryan not having cancer but they are still trying to figure out what is going on with him, that they would get a lot of attention and questions.  She has posted a couple of instagram stories saying thank you for the support and that many people have been contacting them online, on their phone, mail, etc, etc, and they appreciate it all--but they still want to keep the details to themselves for now.  I have nothing against Trista--I have always liked her...but you can't post something like she did and then not expect an onslaught of responses all over the place--and media coverage.  

• Love 8

Just FYI that Ryan’s Instagram now has more details about what is going on.  I think he probably found it easier to just put it out there.  I feel bad for what he is experiencing.

• Love 2