Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

"Bachelor Nation" seems to be a fairly toxic fandom and one with both an incredible short attention span (for bad things their favorites did) and the memory of an elephant (for slights done to their favorites). I very sincerely hope that no one who participates in this show takes what "bachelor Nation" says to heart. 

My overall impression is that Tyler and Hannah formed a friendship during the show, they get along and enjoy each others company. It didn't work out romantically and though at first that probably hurt, they are both okay with it now. It isn't there fault that all factions of The Nation can't seem to handle it. I think the more rabid viewers forget that these are real people with real lives outside the bubble of this show (well, some of them anyway lol) and that not all of them define their entire existence by the few short months they were on it. Both of these people have had relationships before, will have relationships again and it is kind of terrifying when I read about people hating on either of them for not being the other persons "true love". (I only hear about this stuff second hand because I am actually kind of terrified to go out into The Nation! and tend to hid in here where it is relatively safe). 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

"Bachelor Nation" seems to be a fairly toxic fandom

The end. Which is why I've said that the best thing Tyler can do for himself, is to find someone outside of that whole incestuous cesspool to date. I don't care who it is, as long as it's not another of the long line of other women from another season. Get out dude. 

Btw, let me just also add that some of the current criticism Hannah is getting may be from DWTS viewers who only know her from that show. And not for nothing, as good as a dancer as she is, girlfriend has also been whiny as hell a few times. And that does not play well to some viewers. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Hannah's had a very lucky couple of years hasn't she?  Miss Alabama,  Bachelorette,  and now winner of DWTS.  What next, I wonder?

I was thinking this as well. Say what you will of her, she's somehow played her cards well enough to not only stay in the spotlight but to increase her exposure. It's impressive. 

• Love 3

I’ll be impressed if she’s “relevant” a year from now, when another Bachelor/Bachelorette seasons have come and gone. The jilted woman with the lying/cheating ex made a great story and there was virtually no break between that and her doing DWTS.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I’ll be impressed if she’s “relevant” a year from now, when another Bachelor/Bachelorette seasons have come and gone. The jilted woman with the lying/cheating ex made a great story and there was virtually no break between that and her doing DWTS.

"Relevance" in the entertainment industry is relative. One could argue that people like Ashley I, Jade, Carly, and Amanda have stayed "relevant" because they're still making a good living from their Bachelor fame (via social media following). The gossip websites still report on their life events like weddings, children, arrests (in Amanda's case), etc. One could also argue that Hannah has a much higher profile and larger following than the aforementioned people, so if they have figured out a way to stay "relevant" and make a lot of money over the years, she will too. (My hunch is that she'll get a book deal and then end up with a semi-successful TV career like Ali and Jillian.)

• Love 4

I had forgotten how annoying Hannah was on her season on Bachelorette until I watch her on DWTS. She is still as uptight and whiny like how she was on the Bachelorette. She needs to chill out a bit.

It's true relevancy is relative, so let's see what Hannah does from here on out. She doesn't have the best voice for a hosting gig though. Funny enough, out of all the previous Bachelor nation people, the people I enjoy following most on social media are Arie and Lauren. They just seem compatible and there is such an ease in their relationship. I know we shouldn't judge a couple by their SM but usually I can smell fakeness or a try hard but there is none I've sensed so far. Ironic because they are not the most popular Bachelor nation couple. In fact the other couple I enjoy are Rachel and Bryan and they are not well liked either. Lol.

• Love 7

I like those two couples, too.  I'm not a particularly  romantic softy, but I can point to the moments when I knew both couples were in love and I like to see that happen and keep going. 

I was so surprised when Arie didn't initially pick Lauren because I had seen how choked up he became the time they were at dinner together and she told him she was starting to have feelings for him.  Lots of people hated Arie when he broke up with Becca, but I thought he did the right thing, telling her as soon as he realized his mistake.  Judging by who Becca chose when she had lots of guys to pick from, Arie wasn't really her type either.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I like those two couples, too.  I'm not a particularly  romantic softy, but I can point to the moments when I knew both couples were in love and I like to see that happen and keep going. 

I was so surprised when Arie didn't initially pick Lauren because I had seen how choked up he became the time they were at dinner together and she told him she was starting to have feelings for him.  Lots of people hated Arie when he broke up with Becca, but I thought he did the right thing, telling her as soon as he realized his mistake.  Judging by who Becca chose when she had lots of guys to pick from, Arie wasn't really her type either.

One nitpick to your post. Arie didn’t tell Becca as soon as he knew. He reached out to Lauren while he was still engaged, to ensure lauren would take him back before he ended things with Becca. Then we watched him dump Becca on national TV and stay there when she clearly wanted him to go, because he wanted her to forgive him before he’d leave. Then we watched Arie and Lauren lie on TV about the whole thing, because neither one is bright enough to come up with an effective story prior to being asked about it. 

• Love 16

Aw.  I remember one of their last dates on her season they were having a picnic and JP picked Ashley up from the ground and carried her.  He's a smallish man but he always seemed especially strong and protective of her.  How sad for him.

• Love 6

My husband had that.  What they look for is if the condition progresses to the heart and lungs.

Hubbys didn't and after a month of touch and go he recovered nicely.

I understand it can be brought on by the flu shot.  Hubby didn't have the shot the year he got it.  Can never have a flu shot!

• Love 5

Tyler G. was one of my faves. Those eyes. I was upset when they let him go without an explanation. Now, I am wondering if he tested positive for drugs or was caught using. Perhaps now they will tell us. What a shame! My heart goes out to his family.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Tyler G. was one of my faves. Those eyes. I was upset when they let him go without an explanation. Now, I am wondering if he tested positive for drugs or was caught using. Perhaps now they will tell us. What a shame! My heart goes out to his family.  

There were a lot of spoilers out when it happened.   The linked article refers to his poor behaviour with his former girlfriend and if I remember correctly, a lot of details had come out after filming began.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Adeejay said:

He was removed after the producers got multiple reports from multiple ex-girlfriends that he had been verbally and emotionally abusive to them, going as far as apparently spitting on one ex.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

He was removed after the producers got multiple reports from multiple ex-girlfriends that he had been verbally and emotionally abusive to them, going as far as apparently spitting on one ex.

It would be nice to see links to a reputable article when allegations like this are made.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, EllenB said:

It would be nice to see links to a reputable article when allegations like this are made.

Reality Steve first reported his being removed by producers due to allegations of abuse from some ex-girlfriends. This was spoiled before the season premiered, including which episode he was eliminated. Some of the other more disturbing stuff came from Reddit posters who claimed to know some of the ex-girlfriends. 

• Love 1

So it's pretty common for exes, usually ex girlfriends, to come up with allegations of abuse against some men on these reality shows, but until I see some evidence such as police reports, I withhold judgement. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Ohwell said:

So it's pretty common for exes, usually ex girlfriends, to come up with allegations of abuse against some men on these reality shows, but until I see some evidence such as police reports, I withhold judgement. 

Whether there is evidence or not is immaterial. No one was dragging him into court. ABC/The Bachelor felt there was enough to make it not worth keeping him on their TV show.

He protested his innocence at the time, but AFAIK never started any sort of lawsuit against his accusers. If you are going to judge by lack of evidence, it goes both ways.

It hardly matters now. He apparently had some demons we didn't know about. It was easier when we thought he was just a jerk.

Edited by phlebas
  • Love 5

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-bachelorette-why-a-former-bachelor-contestant-is-urging-hannah-brown-dont-go-back-on-another-season.html/

why I’ve given up on the Bachelor franchise, I just don’t get the appeal of the direction it’s headed (Colton?, Hannah?, Peter?, Hannah again??? Let alone the disaster BIP has become.)

I DID chuckle at the one line, “Hannah’s dating celebrities and models now.”  Lol, sure. I’m guessing that was a pathetic attempt to draw comparisons to Tyler. I still say Hannah sucks. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I DID chuckle at the one line, “Hannah’s dating celebrities and models now.”  Lol, sure. I’m guessing that was a pathetic attempt to draw comparisons to Tyler. I still say Hannah sucks. 

lol. Yeah who are these models and celebrities she's been dating?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

She won the season. They had Joe join the tour and he straight up sucked. This is not surprising at all. 

I realize that.  I don't keep up with the tour, so I have no idea who they invite.  I just don't find her to be that strong of a dancer, but it is all good with me.  lol  

1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

She seemed very popular with the voters.

True.  Again all good with me.  I don't keep up with the tour to know who they usually invite, etc.  

• Love 2

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/a31157054/clare-crawley-bachelorette/

well this would be...interesting. On the one hand, I don’t like Clare and think she’s a total hypocrite who will just end up playing the victim card like she always does. On the other hand, it would (hopefully) bring older men onto the show and move the entire franchise out of the current tween-group it has now, young people more interested in Instagram followers than meeting someone. Though with Clare I could also see her just wanting a bunch of big, dumb 20-year-olds to make out with. 

• Love 1

Clare Crawley?  No!!! How many times can they recycle these people?  Couldn't stand another season of Hannah Brown, either.  All these bachelorettes ended up alone for one reason:  they have terrible judgement and taste in men.  That's not going to change, no matter how many chances they get.  Ugh!

11 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

I don't like Clare Crawley either. She was a psycho during the finale of JPG's Bachelor season.

According to Clare, Juan Pablo told her on their final date that he doesn't love her, he just loves to f*ck her. If that's true, I can't fault her for her reaction.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 8

Oh yes, that's true, Clare said so at the time and then you could read his lips watching it the second time.

I like Clare!  I think she's one of the most beautiful women the show has had and she can actually talk and make sentences that aren't all ummms and likes.  It's true she is emotional and doesn't always make good decisions about men, but with 28, age appropriate ones to choose from she might do better.

I would definitely take her over Hannah B, boring Hannah Ann, skanky Victoria, or hair touching, mouth twisting, like-like-liking Madison.

Clare might bring her raccoon!

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

I'm still a big NO on Clare.  Even with the nasty and hurtful remark by Juan Pablo, she was still prepared to accept his proposal and was angry he didn't pick her. That's pathetic!

Exactly. She went through a whole spiel about how she was ready to get married to Juan Pablo and it was only AFTER he didn’t pick her that suddenly she was disgusted by him. And I liked her on BIP when she was talking to raccoons and being oblivious, but she’s definitely become aware of the cameras and I thought she was kind of a jerk on Winter Games, stringing men along and pretending she was innocent the whole time. I don’t think she’ll be at all authentic as the lead. 

• Love 2
On 11/26/2019 at 9:11 PM, chocolatine said:

"Relevance" in the entertainment industry is relative. One could argue that people like Ashley I, Jade, Carly, and Amanda have stayed "relevant" because they're still making a good living from their Bachelor fame (via social media following). The gossip websites still report on their life events like weddings, children, arrests (in Amanda's case), etc. One could also argue that Hannah has a much higher profile and larger following than the aforementioned people, so if they have figured out a way to stay "relevant" and make a lot of money over the years, she will too. (My hunch is that she'll get a book deal and then end up with a semi-successful TV career like Ali and Jillian.)

Not really on topic, but I adore Jillian.  I never watched her season, but I've been watching Love it or List it Vancouver since 2013. And the show is still going.  I've probably seen every expensive property in Vancouver by now.   I also watched her (four part?) reality show about her and her husband and her life.  It was cute.  I think her husband is 9 years younger than she is, they have two kids, and she seems very happy.  Also, I love her personal style.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

I'm totally fine with Clare!  SO much better than the alternatives!  She knows the deal going in, having been on so many of the shows.  We'll have at least a few 30-something guys, plus a whole lot of late 20's guys that swear they're into older women, or "age is just a number".  

She's attractive, well mannered, a bit emotional, but knows how to behave on TV.  I think she can do a great job if she doesn't get too freaked out thinking it's her last chance to find somebody.

Plus, if I remember correctly from her hometown with Juan Pablo, she's got a huge crazy family, and I seem to remember an older sister that was a MAJOR snarling bulldog!!!  FUN!

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Not sure where this goes, but Tyler’s mom passed away.

Aww man, poor Tyler. This is shocking because there was so much emphasis during his time on the show about his dad's health issues and he even mentioned that as being another reason he didn't want to be The Bachelor.

That he didn't want to leave for an extended period again with all what his dad was going through. I'm wondering if his mom had a heart attack or something. That's awful. 

• Love 5