Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

She's had some work done.  It's not just the 4 years since her season, those lips are NOT natural. 

Hasn't he proposed to her a couple of times since her season?  And really, who cares about them any more?  She did have the Looney Tunes mom that chugged wine from the bottle, so that was fun.....but otherwise, they're total "meh". 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Why did they wait so long, anyway?  After four years you'd think the honeymoon would be over and boredom starting to set  in.  

Hence the big wedding 😄 

8 hours ago, leighdear said:

She's had some work done. 

Totally, she doesn't look like herself.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

Why do young, pretty people think they need to have work done? 

Because they always think "maybe if I got (fill in the blank) fixed, I'd look even better!"

• Love 3
On 3/28/2020 at 10:02 PM, leighdear said:

She's had some work done.  It's not just the 4 years since her season, those lips are NOT natural. 

Hasn't he proposed to her a couple of times since her season?  And really, who cares about them any more?  She did have the Looney Tunes mom that chugged wine from the bottle, so that was fun.....but otherwise, they're total "meh". 

Are you calling her mom Looney Tunes for chugging wine from the bottle. If so, I take personal offense 😜as I’ve done that around my father-in-law

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, ByTor said:

Because they always think "maybe if I got (fill in the blank) fixed, I'd look even better!"

I don’t understand why these young women are getting Botox. It gives them an unnatural, frozen look! They are young and not wrinkled yet, so why bother with it? It doesn’t make sense to me. I would love to still have the soft look and unlined skin of my 20s. No way would I mess it up with Botox!

• Love 6

When you look at real life photos of Jojo and Lauren B they don’t look that different from before TheY must be using all of the photoshop/instagram filters at their disposal as I agree-they look fake fake fake. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

I don’t understand why these young women are getting Botox. It gives them an unnatural, frozen look! They are young and not wrinkled yet, so why bother with it? It doesn’t make sense to me. I would love to still have the soft look and unlined skin of my 20s. No way would I mess it up with Botox!

Supposedly, if you start using it sooner, then you don't get the wrinkles in the first place. 

43 minutes ago, Ynicknan said:

When you look at real life photos of Jojo and Lauren B they don’t look that different from before TheY must be using all of the photoshop/instagram filters at their disposal as I agree-they look fake fake fake. 

It baffles me that Lauren would put that filter on her face and think "hmmm, yeah that looks like me". It looks nothing like her, except from being blonde. She looks like a blonde Jenner.

Speaking of Laurens, the more naturally looking blonde Lauren (both in pics and videos) is the other Lauren B (Arie's wife). She is really pretty (top 10 in bachelor contestants) and I've been enjoying their Bachelor brunch on youtube. They aren't great entertainers/ jokesters, but real and empathetic to both the lead and the contestants, which is a welcome take. Lauren, especially, seems like a kind and level-headed person.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, valen said:

Supposedly, if you start using it sooner, then you don't get the wrinkles in the first place. 

Right, because the Botox paralyzes the muscles in your face so you can't move it. I'd rather retain the ability to make facial expressions even if it means I eventually get wrinkles, thank you very much!

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:
7 hours ago, valen said:

Right, because the Botox paralyzes the muscles in your face so you can't move it. I'd rather retain the ability to make facial expressions even if it means I eventually get wrinkles, thank you very much!

Yeah, it's not the botox per se, it's the fact that botox makes your face not move.  Plus, everybody I've seen who gets it actually look older, no matter their age.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

They are young and not wrinkled yet, so why bother with it? It doesn’t make sense to me. I would love to still have the soft look and unlined skin of my 20s. No way would I mess it up with Botox!

I would rather my slightly wrinkled 47 year old skin over their waxen, plastic 20something year old skin. YIKES. Of course, given the tons of makeup they wear their skin is probably older looking than mine. (I have tried to wear foundation but end up scrubbing it off within a couple hours because I hate the feeling of something on my face. Because of that, I have very nice skin for my age so while I hated that I couldn't keep make up on when I was younger, I really appreciate it now. There are better things to spend my money on than botox lol)

• Love 3
23 hours ago, waving feather said:

Speaking of Laurens, the more naturally looking blonde Lauren (both in pics and videos) is the other Lauren B (Arie's wife). She is really pretty (top 10 in bachelor contestants) and I've been enjoying their Bachelor brunch on youtube. They aren't great entertainers/ jokesters, but real and empathetic to both the lead and the contestants, which is a welcome take. Lauren, especially, seems like a kind and level-headed person.

I like it too.  She's probably the best thing that could happen to Arie, so as much crap as they both got for the switch-up, it seems to have really worked for them.  

• Love 5
On 3/28/2020 at 7:52 PM, JudyObscure said:

Why did they wait so long, anyway?  After four years you'd think the honeymoon would be over and boredom starting to set  in.  

I think they waited because they are actually more of a real couple that took the time to make sure it works.  Other couples in real life wait that long and longer, so I don't see it as a bad thing.  In watching their show on CNBC, they seem to have a good relationship and have put some work in it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Does anyone else feel like they'd rather see Bachelor in Paradise this summer before the next Bachelorette?  I love the atmosphere of that show and it would be a nice escape from all this madness.  I would think that, since the cast is pretty quarantined anyway, they could find a secluded resort and test all the contestants for the virus before they "go down the stairs."  They would just have to come up with some creative new ideas for secluded dates.  Paradise is really the only franchise show I look forward to any more; the other two have become so boring and disappointing!

Edited by Recyclorette
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Chad seems like a natural for the business but I'm a little shocked at Annalise -- just thinking about how that vein stands out on her forehead when she gets emotional and the stress of bumper car scenes. 

I think Chad is dating a different Annalise. (Thank heavens.)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3

What is going on with Clare Crawley calling out guys that were to be on her season? 

If you are doing interviews and creating Cameo accounts before you are even on my season... you are in it for the wrong reasons... #dontwasteyourtime

And Ashley Spivey then tweeted that 10 white men were doing the same thing and didn't get called out. I am so confused. Apparently, some people think it is about Matt James. 

Anyone know the scoop??

On 4/26/2020 at 10:32 AM, nutty1 said:

What is going on with Clare Crawley calling out guys that were to be on her season? 

If you are doing interviews and creating Cameo accounts before you are even on my season... you are in it for the wrong reasons... #dontwasteyourtime

And Ashley Spivey then tweeted that 10 white men were doing the same thing and didn't get called out. I am so confused. Apparently, some people think it is about Matt James. 

Anyone know the scoop??

From what I've read Matt James did an Interview and Cameo (I think that an apps) for charity and Claire tweeted this

Edited by gator12
  • Love 1

Clare is already throwing a Deanna-level tantrum and the show hasn't even started filming yet. She probably thinks she needs to stay active on social media to keep the viewers interested, but this will surely backfire.

Also, nobody goes on the show "for the right reasons" anymore, including Clare herself, who's been on two BIP seasons and the Winter Games show, even getting engaged on the latter.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

But hasn't Matt James been doing this charity for a long time? I have seen him in interviews with Tyler. That's crazy! Calm down Clare! 

Also, I think Matt being on the show would be a big draw for fans. A lot of people really like him. 

• Love 5
On 4/27/2020 at 8:55 PM, chocolatine said:

She probably thinks she needs to stay active on social media to keep the viewers interested, but this will surely backfire.

It did. She got dragged like nobody's business on Twitter. Because Matt already had a decent following once Tyler moved to NY and moved in with him and he was all over Tyler's social media. But that's grown a lot since the whole Quarantine Crew thing, where Hannah B. joined Tyler and Matt and their friends/family in Florida and he and Hannah seemed to become close friends. So yeah, Clare picked the wrong one. 

And then she tried to backtrack, claiming she wasn't referring to just one person, as there is more than one contestant on Cameo. However, I'm pretty sure Matt was the only one who did an interview. And she also randomly unfollowed Tyler on Twitter, when he to my knowledge has said nothing to or about her. And didn't seem to involve himself in the situation at all. 

So she was definitely trying to save face by claiming how it wasn't about one person because she got dragged for what some felt was her coming after Matt. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, nutty1 said:

But hasn't Matt James been doing this charity for a long time? I have seen him in interviews with Tyler. That's crazy! Calm down Clare! 

Also, I think Matt being on the show would be a big draw for fans. A lot of people really like him. 

And it would give a lot of exposure to his charity. 

So as popular, dynamic, charitable, fabulous and Tyler Cameron-adjacent as Matt is, why go on TV to find somebody? 

You can't tell me women aren't beating down his door.  He lives in NYC and has lots of social connections.  I just don't believe he's looking for a permanent woman, and the Bachelorette is his best option for finding one.  But it IS great publicity.  

• Love 4

Matt James is listed on Cameo under "Reality TV" and "The Bachelor".  "The Bachelor"?  Since when?  Did he not even know how to list himself on the site?  Kinda stupid. 

He's not even ON the show yet, but using it to his advantage.   That would irritate me a bit too.    And the Cameos in his bed look skanky.  

https://www.cameo.com/mattjames919

All Clare has to do is send him home the first night.  No muss, no fuss.  Be polite, smile and make sure that rose goes to anybody else. 

If she's allowed to.  Of course the well-known producer manipulation would probably prevent that, but if there is a shred of choice left to any of these leads, she can do it.  

I don't get the mass hysteria over defending Matt and bashing Clare.  He's decent looking, has a worthwhile charity and seems like an OK guy.  Like MILLIONS of other decent guys out there.  He's not all that. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I don't get the mass hysteria over defending Matt and bashing Clare. 

If she were even remotely wrong and he was actually going on the show hoping to fall in love I could maybe get it, but she's 100% right. He's only going on because it got his buddy Tyler tons of fans and followers and he wants the same. It is nice that they do charity work but that does not mean they aren't fame whores. And yeah, bit premature to be hyping yourself as having being tied to The Bachelor franchise when your only real tie at the moment is that your buddy was on it and now you want to go on it too. 

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

If she were even remotely wrong and he was actually going on the show hoping to fall in love I could maybe get it, but she's 100% right. He's only going on because it got his buddy Tyler tons of fans and followers and he wants the same. It is nice that they do charity work but that does not mean they aren't fame whores. And yeah, bit premature to be hyping yourself as having being tied to The Bachelor franchise when your only real tie at the moment is that your buddy was on it and now you want to go on it too. 

If you check out Matt's Instagram, it's loaded with celeb photos, endorsement/influencer shots and, surprise!  LOTS & LOTS of pics of Tyler Cameron!!! 

I get these guys are BFF's, but please!  For every 1 photo of him with a female, there are 12 of him with his "buddy" Tyler.  *LOL*

His charity has 2 guaranteed panty-dropper aspects.  Underprivileged kids & food.  Add shelter pets and he'd have the trifecta!  I really doubt getting women is his problem, if he's actually into them.  

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I don't doubt that Matt is a famewhore and doesn't need to go on the show to find a woman (the same goes for Tyler, for that matter), I just don't think it's a good look for Clare to call him out. This will be her fifth appearance on the franchise; she knows how the game is played, and that every season will have its plants and producer picks. The way she's going about it makes it sound like she's trying to control the men's behavior when they aren't even on the show yet. I doubt that makes any of the men more excited to date her.

• Love 8

Agreed, she needs to slow her roll.  But she's probably petrified they're going to scrap her season altogether and move on to the next Bachelor season instead. 

Which would probably work well for Tyler Cameron.  Now that his once-sweetie GiGi Hadid is knocked up and headed to mommy-land, he's a hot commodity again.  And not to be crude, but time will have passed since his mom's death, and since he's obviously socializing everywhere, it could be him instead of Clare. 

Face it, it's a lot easier to find 35 shrieking, shallow, pretty girls 21-25 for Tyler than to assemble a good cast for Clare.  Her season may be toast. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Thanks, DEL! 

The PEOPLE writers are crap.  The word is "wary", not "weary", about re-opening things and people not being sure it's safe.  Their writer monkeys need a better dictionary. 

Don't they usually close down the BIP resort to other guests?  Why not use the whole place for Clare's season?  She knows the place well, having been there twice, and knows how to keep her hair & skin from dissolving into grease & muck.  Plus, not to be crude, but she has got to have some of the biggest hooters on a Bachelorette in a LONG time.  She looks gigantic in that grey one-shoulder dress. 

• Love 3
On 4/27/2020 at 8:55 PM, chocolatine said:

Clare is already throwing a Deanna-level tantrum and the show hasn't even started filming yet. She probably thinks she needs to stay active on social media to keep the viewers interested, but this will surely backfire.

Also, nobody goes on the show "for the right reasons" anymore, including Clare herself, who's been on two BIP seasons and the Winter Games show, even getting engaged on the latter.

Clare always struck me as being very combative; she always seemed to be lecturing and calling someone out.  I'm sure things have not gotten better as she's become an older diva.  And we all need to remember that she did NOT call Juan Pablo out until he rejected HER.  I keep reading how Clare is "famous" for telling him off when, in reality, she was more than ready to accept his proposal, despite the gross behavior she accused him of.  I don't see how this is going to be entertaining.  I think it will be like reliving our adolescence and being scolded by our mothers.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Clare is over-dramatic. She and Hannah Brown are the same type of people who get on their high horses and lecture others, as if they are so above them.

I can't stand the attention seeking Quarantine crew (despite winning DWTS, I still don't think Hannah B. is a good dancer. Her TikToks are embarrassing and she can't dance on beat), so I don't think highly of Matt. It's strange that he already has a fanbase fighting for his honor even before he appears on TV. Since he is already well known on social media, he doesn't need the show, right? No way he would be interested in someone like Clare.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, waving feather said:

It's strange that he already has a fanbase fighting for his honor even before he appears on TV. Since he is already well known on social media, he doesn't need the show, right? No way he would be interested in someone like Clare.

It's become so commonplace now that an individual like Matt only has to have 3 positive attributes:

1. Marginal attractiveness

2. Has a charity of some sort

3. Is Z-list, or celebrity adjacent

These somehow make the candidate eligible for lifetime loyalty, raging passion, worthy of a Nobel Prize and deserving of an Oscar.  Oh, and could probably bring about an end to hunger, poverty and create world peace. 

And these rabid fans have normally NEVER EVEN MET the person.  Idiots. 

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Yeah, he could be a bore with no good sense of humour for all they know. I found Tyler Cameron boring too, both looks and personality. And he's gotten less attractive since the show, probably because he hangs around Hannah Brown so much, who is a major turn off for me.

Also, don't these people get tired of showing us their work out videos all the time? Are there people who would find watching someone work out entertaining? Genuinely asking because 90% of the Bachelor influencers do it when they're not even fitness instructors and it's the most inane thing. You are exercising, big whoop!

Edited by waving feather
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I did not see Juan Pablo's season.  The first time I "met" Claire was on Winter Games, when she stood up Benoit on a date in the hot tub, and then gaslighted him.  They had made a date and she skipped it and then berated him for asking her why she skipped their date.  She is IMO, a crazy, and not the good kind.

• Love 2

If Clare keeps up berating some of the contestants online before filming even starts, most of them are going to drop out and the show will have to find replacements.   That wouldn’t be a bad thing if they could get some more age appropriate guys who didn’t expect a 23 year old (Hannah Anne or Madison).  But with Claire criticizing online, the show will be harder to cast, and the +35 group of available quality men interested in doing the show is already low.   

• Love 6
(edited)
On 3/28/2020 at 10:02 PM, leighdear said:

she looks totally surprised--bad botox. who cares. just get married. but agreed these women with their crazy lips eyebrows cheeks and lashes look ridiculous.

Edited by nlkm9
mistake
  • Love 3
On 3/30/2020 at 10:53 AM, valen said:

there is nothing wrong with wrinkles even these young girls start getting that wierd pulled look, its gross.

• Love 6
On 5/6/2020 at 3:27 PM, nlkm9 said:

there is nothing wrong with wrinkles even these young girls start getting that wierd pulled look, its gross.

And you can tell so easily they did it.  Even with a few wrinkles, you can still see the softness & texture of the skin.  After the botox though, it takes on that fake, shiny, translucent, plastic wrap look.  Horrible for anybody.  But if they STOP doing it, they look so much better.  And still young.  

• Love 6

Hannah Ann is posting all of her workouts, workout routines, and a lot of her recipes. She even showed the inside of her fridge last night. I will say though that A LOT of people are interested. So many people have tagged her after making her recipes and following her running routine. There is definitely a demand for the workout videos/etc. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, valen said:

Hannah Ann is posting all of her workouts, workout routines, and a lot of her recipes. She even showed the inside of her fridge last night. I will say though that A LOT of people are interested. So many people have tagged her after making her recipes and following her running routine. There is definitely a demand for the workout videos/etc. 

At least she's actually doing something, as opposed to the ones who just take pictures of themselves wearing clothes or saying they use a certain shampoo and make a profit off it because they were once on TV. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

People are also posting pictures of Hannah Ann's modeling when they see her on the packaging of a product. She is definitely more successful than people realized. She's on the packaging of workout equipment, sunglass displays, etc. She recently gave a tour of her fridge on IG. Her diet is very regimented and strict.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Speaking of the Hannahs, although both are selling similar image of themselves on instagram, Hannah Brown and Hannah Ann, I just find Hannah Ann more appealing. She does the most obvious things but always does it in such a earnest way, I can't help but find it sort of charming.

• Love 3