Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E04: A Deal with the Devil

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Kody confides in a friend who has also gone through a polygamist divorce, and he contemplates giving up on plural marriage; while Janelle is still reeling from the huge fight she had with Kody, the family once again celebrates Christmas separately.

Air Date: September 10, 2023

• Like 2

Kody can’t look past his own nose.  It’s me me me.  
I cannot believe he had Truely, Ysabel and MyKelti come  and didn’t call Savannah.   This was obviously pre planned as he had gifts  for those three… and didn’t for Savannah.   Hunter wasn’t at Robyn’s the second day either  …. Is he mad at Hunter or is Hunter mad at him?  I thought he was just mad at Gabe and  Garrison. 
No mention of Gwen either and she lives in Flagstaff. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 12
  • Sad 14

Gwen mentioned in one of her videos that she went to her friend's for Christmas 2021. The unspoken reason is that Paedon was part of the group at their mom's house, and after that at the post-Christmas "rental" in Flagstaff. Also I believe the joke she reportedly made during the Christmas gift exchange text thread, that got misinterpreted (acc. to Christine last week it made things worse). 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
36 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

There aren't enough curse words in the dictionary to describe Kody. 

He keeps playing the "pity me" card because he thinks he has sacrificed everything for these women. What BS. 

Hearing him talk about his anger and let himself go down that rabbit hole and swirling the drain, I hope he doesn't hurt his family and ex-wives. He is sounding like a psychopath.

He is a narcissist so he blames everyone else and accepts no culpability.  Was funny how he tried to pretend he had some kind of sympathy for the loneliness of plural wives, then each of his ex's came on and laughed out loud at him.  And as far as Robyn, is she from some other planet?  I love how production is not showing him any sympathy whatsoever.

Edited by endure
  • Like 19
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Kody bought each kid a scooter. Love me and be loyal to me, bow down to me and look what I will buy you, slaves kids.

Janelle is worried about money now and she might be left with nothing. I do question her getting a house rental for Christmas. Why didn't she call Christine for emotional support and get together for Christmas. 

Meri is finally talking about making a change. Ya think, Meri. 

• Like 12
  • Love 3

I thought it was interesting that Meri didn't host Christmas Eve. Part of me wonders if she knew she would be choosing sides. In last week's episode she was pushed into not inviting Janelle's and Christine's kids.

And Meri didn't want to choose sides. At this point she was hurt by all of them.

For the time being, Meri is enjoying most-favored status.

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 1
12 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I thought it was interesting that Meri didn't host Christmas Eve. Part of me wonders if she knew she would be choosing sides. In last week's episode she was pushed into not inviting Janelle's and Christine's kids.

And Meri didn't want to choose sides. At this point she was hurt by all of them.

For the time being, Meri is enjoying most-favored status.

I agree Meri was in an awkward position re Christmas Eve, but she is also quite close to Robyn's little kids and I think that probably was her motivation to having xmas with them.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
42 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

snip~

I almost just want this to be over. done. finito. hasta la vista.  Meri looks like she's gonna be out of there before Janelle.  And seriously, the only one who could actually be d-i-v-o-r-c-e-d is Sobbyn.  But someone else said, she went from a single wide mobile home to some bigass house with 4 acres and a 3 car garage....  She ain't going NOWHERE.  I still contend I'd like for BOTH Douchie and Sobbyn to have to get real, live JOBS... Working 40 hours a week.  BOTH OF THEM.  Then maybe I'd feel sorry for them.  NOT!😄

True, but once the money.  streams from the 3 wives that left dry up, will they. be able to afford all that luxury? I just don't see them working 9-5 jobs. Once things start to fall apart, I'll bet Robyn will be putting her "scent" out there again. Living small is just not the life she wants...

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
6 minutes ago, CriticalMass said:

Nice “metal” necklaces you are wearing, Meri. You didn’t say you had sensitive ears, hence no piercing, you said you can’t wear any metal on your body. Just when I start feeling some sympathy you tell an unnecessary lie.

I have metal sensitivity and can't pierce anything but can wear rings and necklaces although depending on the particular metal and whether I react to it makes all the difference. I don't think Meri is being dishonest about this. I spent my whole life wishing I could have pierced ears but after three tries had to give up. And I still don't often wear metal necklaces and rings but can do so for special occasions but they do bug me.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 14

My thoughts from last night:  1.  I like the brown shade of Meri's hair.  2.  I like Meri this season.  I can see why she has friends outside of the family.  3.  I hate to bash on kids and typically do not....but...my god, Ari.  All the brattiness, none of the charm.  Sol was fine, trying to maintain some decorum next to his banshee sister.  4.  For Kody to say "I don't know what to do about Meri" would have justified an actual knife to the kidney.  5.  I was okay with Robyn saving some presents for her kids to open with the other kids the next day.  But I hate myself for finding something positive about her.  6.  She absolutely WOULD NOT and DID NOT approve of having the non-Robyns over at Christmas.  7.  ASSHOLE ASSHOLE ASSHOLE...YOU MAKE THE FRIKKIN' EFFORT TO CONTACT (OR BETTER, GET TOGETHER WITH) YOUR OTHER CHILDREN AT CHRISTMAS!  8.  I'm the bridge builder in my family (well, I was before too many died and now there's no need) so I get Mykelti's mindset.  9.  More comments if I think of any.  

9 hours ago, Shmoopaloop said:

Dear God, why does Robyn & Kody’s daughter still have a pacifier??? Is that what’s causing her lisp? I feel bad for the kid. 

You are a very kind person, I can tell. 

9 hours ago, 65mickey said:

After listening to Kody talk about being the devil and wanting to grow horns while he sits and has all of these evil thoughts I think he is insane. What sane person would go on national tv and say these things?  And what Robyn did by giving her children a pile of presents so that they could have a second Christmas in front of Ysabel and Truely clearly showed that she is indeed an evil wicked cruel person. God I hope TLC cuts these two creeps lose .

But Ysabel and Truely also had presents, didn't they?  Which is why she included gifts for her kids.  Or am I wrong?  

• Like 9

Tender Mullet binkie sucker

i wonder if AereolaEbola takes her binkie to school?

Mullets teeth have gaps or something and I’m wondering if it’s from all the binkie sucking?

Areola has an overbearing way of communicating, she seems to think that she’s funny but she just comes across as pushy, strange and a bit creepy.

Sol is a nice kid but he’s also awkward and very pale, I hope he’s getting enough to eat.

All of Robyn’s kids are kept in a bubble

IMG_6475.jpeg

Edited by Joan of Argh
Pic
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Janelle says just because she and Christine asked to be in the family that means they deserve less?

Well, yeah, in Kodork's mind you deserve less because he didn't choose YOU.  He took you on because he told himself that's what God wanted him to do, and he thought he could make it what he wanted to do, but in the end it wasn't.

To Janelle and Christine I would say that a man definitely has to choose you.  It's fine for you to choose him but if he doesn't choose you back like he thought of it first and only accepts you because he thinks it's his religious or moral obligation to do so, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.  And I don't care what their religion says about it being "improper" for the man to do the courting, whether or not that's what happens the relationship has to be right for the man too, not just for the woman.

To Kodork I would say that you can't just try to do what you THINK is "right" and "good" in God's eyes, you also have to do what's right for YOU and what's good for YOU.  The two things have to be in sync or you're going try to be someone you're not.  And that as we see now is doomed to fail.  He has not only failed God but he's failed himself too.  He should never have entered into relationships with Janelle and Christine if he didn't have his whole heart in them.  Marrying them solely out of a misguided sense of obligation or religious duty and thinking he could make that what he wanted was always going to fail. 

So no wonder he thinks he might as well be "the asshole everyone thinks he is", because he's already being that asshole.  Now the real part of him is asserting itself.  Screw what God wants from me, I gotta be ME!  Well of course he's too stupid to understand that God doesn't require people to sacrifice their needs to please him.  The goal is for both your needs and God's wishes for you to be met in your life choices.  It's not an either/or thing where either your needs are met and you go against your religious beliefs or you do what you think your beliefs compel you to do but sacrifice what you need - unless you really are the kind of misogynist prick that's only happy with the kind of relationships that would ultimately go against your faith.  And to be fair to the Kodevil, I don't really think that's the case because as yucky as Robyn is, he does seem to be happy with her and their relationship theoretically fits within his faith idealistically speaking.  The problem is that he's blaming the other women for failing him when he has responsibility in having chosen them whether he likes to take that responsibility or not. 

In Robyn, he's realizing that he can have "the best of both worlds" in one relationship - meet his needs and satisfy his religious beliefs too.  Not have bits and pieces of what he really needs from different people.  Too bad he hasn't consciously realized this yet and that he had to pretty much ruin his other wives' lives in the process of "growing up" so to speak.  And now that he's found what he wants, his attitude is "screw the rest of them"!  Real mature, right? (sarcasm)  This guy is still a LONG way away from being right with anyone - himself, women, his kids and God!  Until he gets his head out of his narcissistic ass and takes some responsibility for his actions forget about him ever being happy even with Robyn!  He will end up poisoning that relationship too.

• Like 11
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Oh Kody, to quote "How you gonna win when you ain't right within?" Or "The quick to shoot the semen stop acting like boys and be men". Thanks Lauryn Hill for nailing it with Kody.

I just can't with him.  The cringiest thing is this asshat's words are recorded for his other 183 abandoned children to see.  That breaks my heart.

• Like 13

Interesting how Sobbyn made a point several times to say she goes out of her way not to show affection for Kody in front of Meri in order to avoid an uncomfortable situation. Won't even sit next to him on the couch. So does that mean that Kody and Sob still have the hots for each other? I do think Kody is head over heels over Sob and always has been. The other wives have known it for years. 

Has Sobbyn done a single thing to try to get Kody back together with his other children? We see you, Sobbyn. You have no intention. You like it just the way it is (except for the loss of income of course). 

• Like 22
  • Applause 1

1) Kody's level of anger was scary.  I know it's narcissist injury.  They say abusive men are most dangerous when their victim leaves them.  This is a classic case.  Even his BIL seemed concerned.  

2) Given the above ^^^  the fact that Kody doesn't reach out to his children at Christmas makes him a jerk (of course) but might be for the best.  With this much rage within him and his delusional thinking, he'd be incapable of having emotionally healthy contact with them.  He'd just spew blame and insult at them for them victimizing him. 

3) As much as I want to defend Meri (cause i really do think she's been in a no win situation from the get go), her personality is just so off putting.  She's much more manipulative than Jenelle/Christine.  While J/C are trying to exit this family doing the least amount of harm to others, Meri is looking out for just herself.  I don't think she's very effective at at manipulating or advocating for herself, but her intent is always to further only her self interest (even if it causes pain for others).  I think this is why J/C keep their distance from her.

• Like 9
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Kody bought each kid a scooter. Love me and be loyal to me, bow down to me and look what I will buy you, slaves kids.

How kind of Kody and Robbyn not to gift the mini bikes to the favored children (I only saw 3 or 4 bikes; who didn't get one) in front of the unfavored children (Truely, Ysabel, etc.). What jerks.

• Like 22
  • Applause 2

Robyn really irritated me because she thinks the viewers are as easy to manipulate as Kody.
We have heard and watched her for years and know she dry cries as easily as she lies.

I do believe she is getting tired of being the sole receptacle for Kody’s moods.

• Like 15
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, salvame said:

I'm down for a spinoff of Meri, Christine, and Janelle, and hitting the cancel button on kody and Robbin. No joy in watching or listening to them. They could call it "Recovering From Sister Wives." 

Yes, Sobyn needs to go back to her trailer and Kodvid needs to disappear in the desert.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Punishing his own flesh and blood because he has a beef with their mothers is just beyond the pale, but it is certainly Kody’s M.O.

Exactly. What he is demonstrating is that his hatred of his former "spouses" exceeds his love for his children. That is the worst thing that a parent can do to let a child know that he hates her/his mother more than he loves his children. 

• Like 19
  • Sad 6
7 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Meri saying that Kody definitely regretted marrying her is sad. 

That is because he told her that. I am guessing it was when she got catfished. He also told her that he regrets marrying Christine.  However, I have a feeling that was a very long time ago.  Either when it was the OGs or when Robyn joined the family and Christine was less than welcoming.  Husbands and wives engage in pillow talks.  So, Robyn saying that Kody doesn’t discuss the other wives with her is a bold face lie.  I don’t think it’s a coincidence that she is friendly with Meri, disparages Christine and stays out of Janelle’s way. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Like 17
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

At some point while Ari was opening a gift she started smearing makeup on her face. Kody asked her whose gift it was and she said hers. So someone gave this 5 year old pacifier sucking kid makeup. I swear that I heard Kody tell her to bat her eyes after she finished with the makeup. Creepy thing for a dad to tell his 5 year old daughter. Did anyone else hear this or was I dreaming?

It wasn't a nightmare.  It actually happened.  There was just...just... SO MUCH wrong with this episode, the makeup thing just slipped by.  It was cringeworthy for sure.  It made me throw up in my mouth an itty bit.

---

Can we please talk about the artwork crowding the mansion walls? WTH??? The Precious Moment figurines, the Dickinson Christmas Village...then the surrealism art prints on every inch of wall space.  What?  I just...I can't.  Apparently it's the work (limited prints) of a Vegas artist, each worth a pretty penny ($4-$6,000 range).  

It's all so weird.  Like Kody and Robyn must be trolling us, right? Can anyone really be this clueless and tacky? They are like characters based on real humans ;) 

(Edit to add: i don't have a problem with any individual decorating choice...  it's the weird combination along with the quantity.  It's what you'd expect the Beverley Hillbillies sitcom set would look like if the show was still on air)

Edited by ezzy4
  • Like 17
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, MamaGee said:

How kind of Kody and Robbyn not to gift the mini bikes to the favored children (I only saw 3 or 4 bikes; who didn't get one) in front of the unfavored children (Truely, Ysabel, etc.). What jerks.

Ari would have been five at the time so I hope those boneheads realized she was too young and didn’t get one for her. Honestly, I think Sol is too young as well. But I hate those things, so…

• Like 7

Hear me out. Because this has gotten to be such a farce of contradictions, I’m beginning to wonder if this family as a whole dropped their faith in polygamy and they are now attempting to expose the faith through these plots and scenes. Because for me that is all I see - an expose. I believe there might be some truth to the infighting because Kody did abandon his children after the divorces, but even then there are so many inconsistencies and contradictions that I’ve come back full circle to the belief that they’re all lying (kids included) and it’s on purpose for a common goal. Maybe that goal is to keep the show going for the money and opportunities available for all involved rather than philanthropic purposes, but it’s evident something besides the truth is at play here.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2