Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E04: A Deal with the Devil

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

JMO but I have a sneaking suspicion that Robyn is fine with the children of the other wives being gay, trans etc because it rattles Kodys cage but she wouldn’t be such a cheerleader if it was one of her children.

Robyn was the first one to support Leon even though Meri was reluctant.

Remember how Robyn was Tony’s biggest fan when he was being a jackass about the wedding? 
I think she loves it when the “other” kids stir the pot.

• Like 17
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Exactly!  Then she can say to Kootie, OUR kids are just so good!  Those OG 13 are BAD, aren't they?  

Anything to disparage the other kids that Kootie sired with anyone but her, the Perfect Mother.  GFY, Sobbyn.

And she can also play both ends against the middle like she did with Mykelti.  She didn't care if Mykelti was rebellious because that wasn't one of her kids.  So she could appear supportive to Mykelti who fell for it completely.  She did the same with Leon.  Meri was completely blindsided by Leon coming out and needed a hot second to adjust her thinking.  Sobbyn jumped right in to make Meri look bad because she was struggling.  I hope Meri and Leon have been able to repair their relationship because Meri has been very supportive of them publicly.

Can I just say that Ari is very poorly socialized?  If she behaved at school the way she did on the couch with poor Sol, it's no wonder the teacher reached out to Kody and Robyn.  She needs to learn respect for others physical space and not climb all over people.  I hate to pick on a kid, but I would be running away from her.  She is way too old to be acting like that.

• Like 14
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Robyn was the first one to support Leon even though Meri was reluctant.

Remember how Robyn was Tony’s biggest fan when he was being a jackass about the wedding? 

I doubt she would be so magnanimous if it were one of her Princesses. 

• Like 7
  • Love 7

I was just rewatching the episode when I saw a lot of medications amongst the clutter I'm the video--on Max from 8 minutes to 8:10.

It made me wonder if:

• Robyn is a hypochondriac
  • Kody takes 'supplements'
  • Robyn has Munchausen Syndrome and the dozens of pill bottles on 2 shelves are used to garner sympathy or support from Kody due to a perceived sick child. 
Edited by Ms.Lulu
left out a word.
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
12 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I was just rewatching the episode when I saw a lot of medications amongst the clutter I'm the video--on Max from 8 minutes to 8:10.

It made me wonder if:

• Robyn is a hypochondriac
  • Kody takes 'supplements'
  • Robyn has Munchausen Syndrome and the dozens of pill bottles on 2 shelves are used to garner sympathy or support from Kody due to a perceived child. 

I think you are right in all 3 counts.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Both Robyn and Kody were hugely exaggerating their Covid symptoms a few years back. Not saying they weren’t sick, but neither looked and acted like the dying and suffocating patient they claimed to be. (Such people typically do not produce vlogs or drive circles around the hospital, because their bodies wouldn’t let them)

At the beginning of the pandemic, Robyn repeatedly labelled herself and Sol as very vulnerable/high risk because Sol had RS virus as a baby (Most babies/infants gets it at some point) and she herself had Pneumonia a long, long time ago. So yes, I can see some hypochondriac traits here.

As for the huge number of pill bottles; I suspect she’s self-medicating. She doesn’t look healthy and her neck is huge. I doubt she regularly sees a doctor, if she has seen one for this at all. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
On 9/12/2023 at 7:32 PM, Orcinus orca said:

It's a Mormon thing. There are websites devoted to the bizarre names.

They have so many wives and kids, you gotta think outside the box on names or you'd have duplicate named kids in every wife-family.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
On 9/17/2023 at 12:33 PM, salvame said:

Thanks, @salvame, for posting this link. I love stories that show they are actually watching the same show I am :)  Loved this last paragraph:

Bottom line, if you are looking for a new poster for your dorm room to use a dart board, Kody is the poster child for narcissism, lies, gaslighting, and self-victimization, so that he could make a great addition to anyone’s wall of losers.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 9/16/2023 at 5:52 PM, Elizzikra said:

He made specific comments, I believe on his own social media. I don't follow any of them on social media so I have only seen what people have reposted here.

It's not been my experience that people "throw around homophobic too much." I think people are still not quick enough or bold enough (no judgment, sometimes self-preservation takes precedence) to call out bigotry when they see it, personally, but I think characterizing Paedon as "homophobic" or "anti-gay" is a fair depiction.

See/hear something, say something.  Only way progress is made.

I hope Paedon can grow as a person.  He is young so there may be hope.  Especially since he isn't around his dad.

On 9/17/2023 at 9:51 AM, Meow Mix said:

And she can also play both ends against the middle like she did with Mykelti.  She didn't care if Mykelti was rebellious because that wasn't one of her kids.  So she could appear supportive to Mykelti who fell for it completely.  She did the same with Leon.  Meri was completely blindsided by Leon coming out and needed a hot second to adjust her thinking.  Sobbyn jumped right in to make Meri look bad because she was struggling.  I hope Meri and Leon have been able to repair their relationship because Meri has been very supportive of them publicly.

Can I just say that Ari is very poorly socialized?  If she behaved at school the way she did on the couch with poor Sol, it's no wonder the teacher reached out to Kody and Robyn.  She needs to learn respect for others physical space and not climb all over people.  I hate to pick on a kid, but I would be running away from her.  She is way too old to be acting like that.

Yes.  Nearly feral.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
On 9/17/2023 at 4:53 PM, Ms.Lulu said:
  • Robyn has Munchausen Syndrome and the dozens of pill bottles on 2 shelves are used to garner sympathy or support from Kody due to a perceived sick child. 

That would be Munchausen by proxy, and I could see it in the way she hovers over and panders to her teenage daughters and coos over them when they get upset or have a "panic attack."

My guess, though, is that Kody is into supplements, especially because he nearly died from his Covid experience. (sarcasm)

• Like 8
  • Love 1
On 9/17/2023 at 6:32 PM, Lurk said:

They have so many wives and kids, you gotta think outside the box on names or you'd have duplicate named kids in every wife-family.

Mainstream LDS church members aren't polygamists. I live in Utah and it's a small sect that branched off from the mainstream church, which frowns on polygamy.

That said, there are many very large LDS families, for sure.

• Like 7

I have to say Avalon’s sweet face was the only pure joy in this episode. What a doll. 

Savannah looked so sad in her talking heads (she had every right to be sad). Kody has treated her terribly and he should be ashamed of himself. But I’m not surprised at all. 

• Like 8

Working my way through the latest season now and all I have to say is at least Kody’s de facto monogamy with Robyn means this show isn’t Sisterhood of the Traveling Coldsore anymore. 

Also, Jenelle! You have options! Write a tell-all book and do some cameos. Get a desk job again if you have to. All is not lost. Girl, wash your face! 

• Like 4
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1