Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E10: The Knife in the Kidneys

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m no expert, but Graves is normally associated with weight loss too.  But, you never know.  

I read that weight loss can be a symptom of Graves, but that the treatment can cause weight gain. But, I agree that if Robyn had any kind of medical condition, I'm surprised that she and Kody aren't trying to get as much mileage and special consideration as they could out of making it public. I'm sure fans have brought this to their attention, just like the nurse who suspected Tarik El Moussa's thyroid cancer from watching his TV program. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, smarty said:

I've noticed they don't film inside any of the houses anymore - not Christine's or Robyn's or Meri's.  They always sit outside.  Also it didn't seem like the episode where Mykelti had the home birth was Mykelti's actual house either.  

Inside or outside I am amazed at the lack of hospitality. 

If you were invited to my home or just dropped by, you would be immediately offered refreshments. Tea, coffee, wine, sweets or if all else fails, I could always rustle up some cheese and crackers. 

Not once have I seen anyone extend this courtesy to the others during these get-togethers. I noticed Robyn brought her own water bottle to the latest porch gathering. Maybe it wasn't water in the bottle but some liquid courage to set Christine straight.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

I think that TLC is starting to lay the groundwork for future seasons. They can't continue with all of this negativity for too much longer. Season 14, problems with moving, season 15, covid, season 16, covid and Christine's marriage breaking down, season 17, Christine's divorse.

I think that they plan to transition to Christine in Utah with a strong focus on Mykelti, Tony, and their growing family. I think they'll also film fun visits with Janelle and her kids.  and... the rest in Flagstaff with a focus on Robyn, Kody, and Robyn's kids, trying for Ari's cuteness to carry their side. In addition they'll continue to cover the breakdowns of Meri and Janelle's marriages on the Flagstaff side.

Never in my life, did I think that I wouldn't find a five year old cute. However, I dislike her parents so much, that I don't even care about her. I think that the Flagstaff side of the story is going to fail. Robyn and Kody are just too unlikeable.

Edited by Libby
  • Like 11
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
Just now, Art Of Noiz said:

I'm so glad you admitted you aren't crazy about Ari- whatever. I just don't get the life force sweet princess personality her parents try to pitch. I dont see it.

Most children need parents who model appropriate behavior and set limits. Sadly, Ari has gotten neither. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 4
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I'm so glad you admitted you aren't crazy about Ari- whatever. I just don't get the life force sweet princess personality her parents try to pitch. I dont see it.

I don't see it either. She's a wild child who tells her parents what to do. Okay, she tells Robyn who tells Kody. She's a pretty little girl but I don't like her.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

She's little Kody

2 minutes ago, altopower said:

I don't see it either. She's a wild child who tells her parents what to do. Okay, she tells Robyn who tells Kody. She's a pretty little girl but I don't like her.

She's a cute kid. I just think she's a brat. I don't like bratty kids either

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

She looks like Grandma Alice.  Make of that what you will...

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I don't do bratty children who are convinced of their own specialness when they really aren't.  

I just feel sorry for them. Kids that young really don't have any way of doing better when the parents are constantly letting them rule the roost.

• Like 5
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Libby said:

I think that they plan to transition to Christine in Utah with a strong focus on Mykelti, Tony, and their growing family. I think they'll also film fun visits with Janelle and her kids.  and... the rest in Flagstaff with a focus on Robyn, Kody, and Robyn's kids, trying for Ari's cuteness to carry their side. In addition they'll continue to cover the breakdowns of Meri and Janelle's marriages on the Flagstaff side.

I just read they are filming the new season including Christine in Utah. Last season was all about Christine leaving. I can only hope the next season will be about Janelle's exit. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I just feel sorry for them. Kids that young really don't have any way of doing better when the parents are constantly letting them rule the roost.

I'd have more sympathy for them if I hadn't had several in my K-2 classes over the years.  Trying to teach the "precious darlings" to fit in, that they, too, get to follow the rules, do not command the class, and only get their 1/20th share of my attention was not my favorite part of teaching.  The parents are frequently worse not comprehending their kids aren't anything out of the ordinary in the grand scheme of things. It sounds like Ari began on the wrong foot right out of the gate.  Usually they wait at least a few days.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, smarty said:

I've noticed they don't film inside any of the houses anymore - not Christine's or Robyn's or Meri's.  They always sit outside.  Also it didn't seem like the episode where Mykelti had the home birth was Mykelti's actual house either.  

It makes sense though as it was strongly recommended to meet outside during the pandemic if you wanted to meet other people. Also, there usually wasn’t a filming crew that followed them around, so they had to do their own set up, which usually involved having all the mobile phones on tripods in the center with them sitting around it. It limits your movements of course, which is probably why we were condemned to the endless “therapeutic circle-sessions” in garden furniture outdoors.

Edited by LilyD
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

My aunt has Graves Disease. 

I googled Graves disease neck. This is one that I got. 

20221117_125159.jpg

19 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m no expert, but Graves is normally associated with weight loss too.  But, you never know.  

I had Graves Disease. Technically I'm supposed to be in remission. I did lose weight at first but the suppressive meds they put me on made me gain 30 or 40 pounds. I went through another period of great distress (family illness and loss, none of it Covid) a year ago and I think it might have caused it to flare up again, because emotional trauma is how I developed it in the first place. My neck looks like the photo above. 

I couldn't tell you if Robyn's issue is Graves or Hashimoto, but she's got something going on. My neck is definitely more pronounced sometimes compared to others, and it definitely has something to do with things I eat, although I don't have any food allergies or insensitivities that I am aware of. I'm guessing her issue is probably a combination of the disease and her nutrition. I don't know what they're eating out there but I don't get the impression they are super healthy eaters in general.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Useful 8

Sobbyn used having pneumonia decades ago as an excuse to fend off seeing even family during Covid.  If she really had some medical issue, we'd be hearing about it nonstop as an excuse for pretty much everything including misbehaved children, the need for a nanny, the mansion, sleeping until noon, etc.

• Like 16
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
17 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

She’s too much like both parents 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 1
20 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Inside or outside I am amazed at the lack of hospitality. 

If you were invited to my home or just dropped by, you would be immediately offered refreshments. Tea, coffee, wine, sweets or if all else fails, I could always rustle up some cheese and crackers. 

Not once have I seen anyone extend this courtesy to the others during these get-togethers. I noticed Robyn brought her own water bottle to the latest porch gathering. Maybe it wasn't water in the bottle but some liquid courage to set Christine straight.

I know right? I always wondered why there were no beverages or snacks offered on their family meetings. Especially when Meri always prided herself with being such a good hostess. Only once have I seen that one of them offered their guests a snack, that was when Robyn (of all people, eyeroll inserted) came to visit Christine, who offered her a parfait. And that felt really, really awkward. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
9 minutes ago, Elodia said:

I know right? I always wondered why there were no beverages or snacks offered on their family meetings. Especially when Meri always prided herself with being such a good hostess. Only once have I seen that one of them offered their guests a snack, that was when Robyn (of all people, eyeroll inserted) came to visit Christine, who offered her a parfait. And that felt really, really awkward. 

That time, I think the stated purpose of their visit was to have breakfast together...

• Applause 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Since my handbasket to hell is already packed, I can admit she bugs the living fuck outta me just like her dad.  Manic weirdo glommers are not my preferred company.  Loved cool Robyn raising the roof 🤣.  For some reason I am curious what that household is like.  I am guessing not very fun.

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Wow!  I didn't know that could happen.  

Yes - when I was first diagnosed they kept asking me if I had recently experienced a major trauma like an accident or a death in the family. I’d just gone through a horrendous breakup with a narcissist (not unlike Kody) and lost most of my friends AND I was in a horrible job situation. It was the worst time of my life. 6 months later I was losing weight, my hair was falling out and I was barely wearing a jacket in the dead of winter.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 11
6 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I had Graves Disease. Technically I'm supposed to be in remission. I did lose weight at first but the suppressive meds they put me on made me gain 30 or 40 pounds. I went through another period of great distress (family illness and loss, none of it Covid) a year ago and I think it might have caused it to flare up again, because emotional trauma is how I developed it in the first place. My neck looks like the photo above. 

I couldn't tell you if Robyn's issue is Graves or Hashimoto, but she's got something going on. My neck is definitely more pronounced sometimes compared to others, and it definitely has something to do with things I eat, although I don't have any food allergies or insensitivities that I am aware of. I'm guessing her issue is probably a combination of the disease and her nutrition. I don't know what they're eating out there but I don't get the impression they are super healthy eaters in general.

My aunt is only 8 yrs older than me. Like an older sister. She keeps her weight down by exercising. She's always been a size 3, in a family that tends to be overweight. She was the coolest aunt, fun, sweet. She won't take the meds prescribed. Her mood swings are off the chart. We never know when what we say might hurt her feelings.  

• Hugs 6
  • Sad 6
7 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Yes - when I was first diagnosed they kept asking me if I had recently experienced a major trauma like an accident or a death in the family. I’d just gone through a horrendous breakup with a narcissist (not unlike Kody) and lost most of my friends AND I was in a horrible job situation. It was the worst time of my life. 6 months later I was losing weight, my hair was falling out and I was barely wearing a jacket in the dead of winter.

My Hashimoto's was triggered when I was injured a major car accident.

• Hugs 6
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, dariafan said:

She’s too much like both parents 

Exactly….. plus I think Aerolablahblah has overheard too many adult conversations about “Kody being married to Robyn and cutting off Christine and breaking up with her”

I just listened to Sol questioning her and it sure sounds familiar  🤔

Sol asks her “why was the little girl running away from you?”
Areolablahblah says: “well she was a tiny bit mad ‘cause I’m engaged to someone…and she had a man, but.. he cut her off.. breaking up yup”

so like mother like daughter…..                                     Robyn HAS a man and Christine HAD a man and Christine’s man cut her off (no intimacy) and is breaking up with her.  

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, Editrix said:

Christine was the one who objected to the “one big house” idea, so now that she’s out, why not go back to it?

Not sure Janelle would be on board with that. She likes her alone time. Now Meri on the other hand , I think would jump on it just to be under the same roof as Kodouche. Kind of doubt Sobyn would want to give up her private mansion. So probably still not going to happen.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Not sure Janelle would be on board with that. She likes her alone time. Now Meri on the other hand , I think would jump on it just to be under the same roof as Kodouche. Kind of doubt Sobyn would want to give up her private mansion. So probably still not going to happen.

I agree, there's no way Sobyn would give up her private mansion to go live under one roof and truth be told I really doubt that the Brown's could afford to build the monstrosity that Kody had some sketchy plans for, plus I think some of our posters said that Coyote Pass isn't zoned for a huge 3 storey fourplex with underground parking.

I think that story line was all made up for TV and was never a serious option.

• Like 12
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Editrix said:

Christine was the one who objected to the “one big house” idea, so now that she’s out, why not go back to it?

Because Robyn never really didn't want it and Janelle doesn't seem to pursue that idea further. And Meri isn't relevant anyway. And Kody is happy with Goblyn and their (their, not her) kids in Sobyn Mansion anyway. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Elodia said:

And Kody is happy with Goblyn and their (their, not her) kids in Sobyn Mansion anyway. 

And there we have it. Ari and Sol are THEIR kids, not Robyn's kids. Christine, Janelle, and Meri have their own kids, not THEIR kids. Really pisses me off. Kody brags about the number of children he has, but the rest of the time, they just belong to their mothers. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 7
  • Love 4

They really don't even need a big house - most of the kids are grown and flown and despite Kody's fantasies, they aren't coming back. I guess Robyn's kids are mostly like to never fly the nest so he could make space for them but all of Janelle's are grown, and Meri's one daughter is gone. Honestly a house with an in-law suite and a tiny house in the backyard would cover it.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
On 11/17/2022 at 8:51 PM, hoosiermommy said:

I’m late to seeing this episode because my husband had surgery on Monday and unlike *some people* I couldn’t imagine being away from him while he recovered.

Does anyone know how many calories you burn rolling your eyes? Because I

Was it a sheet cake? I bet you could've burned that right off.

Best wishes for your husband as he recovers!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, Elodia said:

Because Robyn never really didn't want it and Janelle doesn't seem to pursue that idea further. And Meri isn't relevant anyway. And Kody is happy with Goblyn and their (their, not her) kids in Sobyn Mansion anyway. 

And so shall it ever be named!! That's perfect @Elodia!! (I could go with Goblyn Mansion too... but like Sobyn better.)

@hoosiermommy Wishing a speedy recovery for your husband.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Long time PreK/K teacher here. I have NEVER called, texted, messaged or spoke to a parent regarding their child's behavior 1st day of school. Everyone is on edge first day especially after covid and especially K/PreK. We always assume that it is due to excitement/uncertainty that we see atypical behaviors from kids. I always give it at least 3 days before contacting parents with behavior concerns. If teacher contacted parents after day 1, the behavior was egregious. Sol seems like a nice kid, Ari is a product of her home.

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 9
  • LOL 1

I think the filming outside is due to covid, but then we had the scene with the kids coming home outside too? Hmm. I dont think Kody and Robyn want people seeing inside their house as the stark difference,  would be a talking point and people might compare the mansion with the scraps the other wives were thrown

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Im just rewatching this episode. God Robyn is such a nasty cow. Her talking head she said she learnt not to talk about the other wives to Kody.. then Christine says in hers, she thinks someone has talked behind her back. Of course Robyn and Kody share everything. She has single handedly ruined this whole family! She must be bloody good in bed! But in truth I think she knows how to work Kody. I hope Janelle and Christine get their own show! If they do, please do not follow or watch Kody and Robyn and Meri! Honestly we are just paying their bills via TLC. They are scum! Check Sobbyn Brows lipstick in her last bs talking head.. its way off skew

Edited by Pooky
Another thing i noted
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 11/18/2022 at 1:06 AM, Teafortwo said:

Most children need parents who model appropriate behavior and set limits. Sadly, Ari has gotten neither. 

True and she’s als the youngest. Indeed, some may even consider her an afterthought or caboose baby. Anyway, those youngsters typically have a very specific position within a family; more spoilt, get away with a lot, lots of attention and likely less strict boundaries (like a later or negotiable bedtime, being allowed more) This all adds to her behaviour and character.

Also, because of the big age gap between her and Breanna, the family is less little kids oriented. There’s more teen or adult talk and the same goes for what is seen on tv. Sol is exposed to this too, but he’s much more reserved and seems to think before he speaks. Ari just blurts everything out all the time. And most adults think this is funny so she’ll continue doing this.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 11/15/2022 at 1:05 PM, Kellyee said:

I've noticed this too. Conversations always take place in someone's backyard, or on folding chairs at Coyote Pass, or on Meri's driveway. I wonder if it's just cheaper to film that way, or if restaurants have actually turned them down. 

I thought all this was part of the COVID "protacull" binder. No indoor get togethers.

• Like 6
On 11/29/2022 at 1:35 PM, Quickbeam said:

Finally watched this. Wow, Meri really threw Christine under the bus. I can’t imagine what her angle is other than being supported in an empty house.  But that 10 minute hug with Robyn was weird.

OF ALL PEOPLE Meri should be feeling the most empathy for Christine. Instead Christine gets an angry, resentful sourpuss (which is the “real“ Meri Brown with her RBF): 

D47E5066-5F26-4617-9ED2-3E00E6B14DAD.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Meri has never thought about anyone but herself during the entire course of this show. How she can be top dog, how’s she can have a bigger, better house, how she can manipulate the others, how she can be Kodys fave. She will never ever admit she made a colossal mistake insisting ROBYN becomes the fourth wife, and she still prefers to buddy up with Robyn and not the other wives who she’s known for years and who did not basically betray her. She is a piece of work and deserves all the misery she has brought upon herself. 

• Applause 6
  • Love 1
On 11/28/2022 at 5:40 AM, LilyD said:

True and she’s als the youngest. Indeed, some may even consider her an afterthought or caboose baby. Anyway, those youngsters typically have a very specific position within a family; more spoilt, get away with a lot, lots of attention and likely less strict boundaries (like a later or negotiable bedtime, being allowed more) This all adds to her behaviour and character.

Also, because of the big age gap between her and Breanna, the family is less little kids oriented. There’s more teen or adult talk and the same goes for what is seen on tv. Sol is exposed to this too, but he’s much more reserved and seems to think before he speaks. Ari just blurts everything out all the time. And most adults think this is funny so she’ll continue doing this.

Sol had the advantage—-at least pre-Covid—- of a lot more interaction with his half sibs. Truly was older, but still close enough to bond with him and Gwen and Ysabel were still at home. He didn’t have the bonding experience that the older original kids got in Lehi, but he got more than his younger sister. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
On 11/13/2022 at 11:27 PM, VioletNevermind said:

This “porch meeting” reminds me of my last day at a former job that I loathed.  I had to sit through one last all-hands meeting in the conference room and pretend to be able to stand any of my colleagues.  I may have been sitting there, smiling and nodding professionally, but in my mind, I was gone.  By the time Kody got to the “knife in the kidneys” part, I would have gotten into my car and peaced the fuck out.  No one should have to sit there and witness the spectacle that is Kody Brown putting on his one-man show- while standing next to Robyn, no less.  This is the same “man” who told Christine that he was never attracted to her and even made fun of how and how much she ate.  I tip my hat to Christine for having the strength to sit there and listen to that bullshit.  Hang on, girl.  It’s almost over.

As for Robyn, she might as well be rubbing her hands together and cackling under her breath.  She can stick the sobbing and lamenting the loss of her ridiculous “family” right up her duplicitous, manipulative ass.

For some insane and crazy reason, I am doing a rewatch.  When and what was the dig at how Christine eats?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Robin is still nursing the school age girl….she just has that nursing boob look and Robin is a dumb ass.

• LOL 5
On 11/14/2022 at 4:19 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Let's not forget that Meri's hair looks like it was styled with a WeedWhacker!  

Me too!  They are huge.  She also had that crappy look on her face.

I was replying to the Meri’s huge ear post.  😊

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 1