Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E10: The Knife in the Kidneys

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Fucking Meri was giggling.  Gloating.  Smug.  Nasty. Superior.  Thinking she was SO cute now that Kody acknowledged her again. What a nasty men human….not just for this but for how she’s acted since the beginning and how preachy smug she is on her social media.  Two faced bitch.  Lol  I am way too angry about this lol

• Like 5
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, magemaud said:

image.png.d7aaf01b9e09d5ac7122f58ece1cf9ba.png

their expressions remind me of this: image.png.38097fdaad5dc0ff378772a7486ef455.png

American Gothic 2022??

I just want to say that Nexxie posted on either the Live Chat thread or another one, the 20 things that narcissists do and it was RILLY enlightening.  Kinda long, because there are TWENTY things you can see they do and how to react to them but I think Christine's therapist probably had her read this and take it to heart; knowing what she was going to face with the 3 stooges.  Douchie, Mrs.Douchie and Brownie.

I had a boss who simply matched about 18 or 19 of these narc traits!  And for the longest time, I took it PERSONALLY.  I would drive to work PRAYING and drive home CUSSING for YEARS.  5 years to be exact.  It was hideous.  I'd see my car out in the parking lot and hear it calling me "Come on girl, let's hit the trail!" I would NOT let this freak run me off the front porch like an old dog though. (I am actually an old dog).  Finally, the bitch got another job.

TOUCHDOWN!!!! 

Unfortunately, this twit still has to show up at the work occasionally.  What's funny to me NOW is, I see her ass and I go the other way.  OR if I have to see her, I'll just say like "Hey, you ok?" Something really nonchalant.  Last time she showed up, she was all EXACTLY like she was when she worked there.  I just stood there (because I couldn't get away fast enough) but this 27 year old co-worker and I talked later. She was as silent as I was when the twit was holding court.  We BOTH agreed that she was a complete ASS even though she had another job.  That was her PERSONALITY.  Didn't matter WHERE she worked, she is a complete, unreserved, unabridged ASS. I've never been so relieved in my life!  FINALLY. I had somebody who completely agreed with me.

So there it is.  As my old FIL used to say: THERE ARE MORE HORSES ASSES IN THE WORLD THAN THERE ARE HORSES.

And Douchie, Mrs. Douchie, and Brownie are some horses asses.  No offense to horses.

AND? I think the little princess (whatsherface) is gonna end up being a serial killer or something when she loses her sweetness and Douchie treats her the same way he's treated his other daughters. She's gonna BLOW!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:
  On 11/14/2022 at 12:50 AM, magemaud said:

[dramatic pause, looking imploringly at the mountains]....WASTED!!!

I kept thinking that Christine is sitting there thinking: You've wasted! I've given my entire adult life to a derfwaddle who proclaims he never loved me and had to sacrifice to even hold my hand and kiss me while getting me pregnant with six kids he doesn't even bother to see any more.  Wasted all right.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

He gave a ridiculous speech during her birthday party about how he calls her "his sweetie" because she is just so sweet.

He also said  Ariella is the "family's social lubricant" . I mean, come on 🙄

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 11/14/2022 at 1:19 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Let's not forget that Meri's hair looks like it was styled with a WeedWhacker!

Or one of these:

Remember the Flowbee?

On 11/14/2022 at 2:23 PM, kassa said:

There is HUGE satisfaction in thwarting a narcissist while they're attacking. It's hard not to be somewhat smug - all you have to do is just adopt a pleasant expression and watch the tantrum unfold while giving NOTHING back. You look at them as a curiosity, nothing more, and it works. They KNOW they look foolish, but they dig deeper, because that's the only play they have left, and everything rides on you losing your cool, or crying, both of which they're prepared to counter ("You're out of control!" "Oh, here come the tears!")  But they can't counter nothing. They flail, and it's AWESOME! Do give it a try if you find yourself facing one.

THIS THIS THIS

That's why grey-rocking works so well at defusing a narc.

They want so badly to find a weakness to exploit, so they can point a finger and blame you for whatever they're whining about, and if you give them nothing to work with (show no emotion whatsoever), they get more and more unreasonable and unhinged, because they will not admit they were wrong, so they double down and get more and more ridiculous, until they run out of steam.

ETA: Later on they will insist that they never said any of the things that you heard them say, aka you are crazy.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Grey Lady!!  YOU ROCK!!!! Why'd you hide all those really smart observations?? This ain't yahoo!!  Keep it up!

Aw, thank you so much!

It means more than I can say that anyone wants to read my infuriated ramblings. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
On 11/15/2022 at 11:41 PM, the-grey-lady said:

I honestly thought he might fall to his knees and curse the heavens.

He WAS crouching from time to time and that must have drove the cameraman crazy trying to keep Kody in frame. 

CD1DF9CD-7FD6-49AE-9B1B-9A436E334073.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Kody admitted to getting hair plugs in season 1 or 2.

And that picture is what things look like when someone gets hair plugs early on but doesn't "keep up" as the hairline keeps receding.  He probably figured he didn't need them because he couldn't see the bald spot in the mirror.  I suspect after that picture he'll be getting another treatment right away (probably with Janelle's money).

Edited by Fosca
  • Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 6
16 hours ago, kassa said:

I suspect that in their culture anything other than total fawning over the favorite wife is considered insubordination/bad wife-ing/"treating her like dirt." Robyn wants the best house and you don't want to give her ___% more of the family pot for it? Robyn wants to move and you don't immediate start packing?  Robyn wants the best lot and you can't immediately agree to take the worst one? How dare you treat her that way!

Why did I suddenly have to think about Meri when I read this? Before Robyn came in, Meri called the shots. She had the best and the most. Even the exact same amount of money for just the two of them whereas the others had to use all and make ends meet with 7. She had it because she had a right to it, like she had a right to rent a house with a pool and to have a house that was as big as the others (for just 2) and had the most luxurious and costly finishings and additions of them all.

Isn’t history technically repeating itself here with Queen Robyn? There’s only one way to find out: Bring on the new Sister Wife!

• Like 5
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Janelle has made it perfectly clear that she can't stand Robyn and doesn't have any use for her, and yet, Kody has never said anything to her. 

I want to know more about this too.  I wonder if it's because Janelle has already peaced out once before, so Kody and Robyn don't push her too hard because it's in the back of their minds that she might just do it again (which I assume she's already done in the present time, hopefully).  I hope it keeps Kody and Robyn up at night that if Janelle's gone, they don't have a show...unless they rename it "Kody, Robyn, and the Barnacle."  

9 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Fucking Meri was giggling.  Gloating.  Smug.  Nasty. Superior.  Thinking she was SO cute now that Kody acknowledged her again. 

Oh man, she lit up like the fireworks show at Disneyland when Kody addressed her by name, didn't she?  She was all, "I don't know what you want me to say, giggle giggle!" - probably hoping to engage him a little longer and instead he was like, "okay, forget you then, just sit there and say nothing, you're once again dead to me."  She had a teeny-tiny opportunity to jump on Kody's bandwagon of brow-beating Christine and she blew it.  I'm sure she went home and replayed the convo in her mind a million times while crying into her pile of LuLaNo leggings.

9 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I honestly thought he might fall to his knees and curse the heavens.

Don't forget wailing (well he did do that), gnash his teeth and rend his garments.  Maybe even pull at his hair (probably not, though - too risky, he might yank out a plug).  

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

WORST. EXIT. INTERVIEW. EVER.

I actually gasped this episode when Kody said about Ariella, and I quote: "She is a little girl that I am actually very proud of." Maybe he didn't mean it to come off this way, but given that I doubt that he is around or participates much with the other 2 non-Robyn kids of tender age, Savannah and Truly, my heart broke for them.  He hadn't even bothered to go over and see Truly after being away for weeks in NC. What a shit stain of a male (not man, male).  Speaking of, just for shits and giggles:

4cdnpzuc1uz91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

So I guess the consensus is that "The sacrifices I made to love you ... wasted!" isn't the 2022 version of "You complete me" from the the Jerry Maguire movie. Noted!

How Robyn came away from that meeting not bloodied and bruised is a testament to Christine's therapist, self-help books and inner-core of loveliness. Because me? I would've dog walked that bitch!

Pardon my rant but how TF is Robyn gonna ask about future friendship? Didn't she just sit there and call Christine a liar? But more importantly, if they don't have a relationship after 10 years of sharing the same dick, living in the same cul-de-sac or just miles away from each other then why in the every loving hell would you have one once Christine left and moved out of state?!?! That was more a manipulation tactic meant to set Kody off and it worked. 

No Meri fan, but I believe it was no more her idea to bring in Robyn than it was her idea to divorce Kody and let Robyn be the only legal wife. 

Oh don't worry about that. Christine leaving is the new 'catfish' but with more mileage.  They will be dining on this for the foreseeable future.

This!

I’m sure someone will let me know if I got this wrong, but I remember reading it was Meri who pointed Robyn out to Kody, “isn’t she cute”, and they both got all giddy about the courtship. For a short time, they kept it from the other wives and it was their “secret”. I think Meri 100% felt it might mend their own relationship and raise her status, but we see how that backfired. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Why did I suddenly have to think about Meri when I read this? Before Robyn came in, Meri called the shots. She had the best and the most. Even the exact same amount of money for just the two of them whereas the others had to use all and make ends meet with 7. She had it because she had a right to it, like she had a right to rent a house with a pool and to have a house that was as big as the others (for just 2) and had the most luxurious and costly finishings and additions of them all.

Isn’t history technically repeating itself here with Queen Robyn? There’s only one way to find out: Bring on the new Sister Wife!

I'm guessing Meri's rentals were to entice Kody with her independent riches. And her wanting the same money and the same size house was to know she mattered and wasn't the basement wife.

But yes, I think Meri has met her match. Not only did Robyn get the legal marriage, she also became HBIC.

Meri at one time (long ago) was Kody's favorite and now Robyn. Christine vied for the HBIC position and was kicked to the curb. So its clear Kody has a lot to do with a wife 'achieving' that position.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Y'all, I swear this was going to be short. It was. But I was so consumed by rage, I could not shut up.

I dated a narc for years, and I recognized so much of my ex in this gaslighting, bloviating windbag.

I just cannot. And Christine can't either, which is great.

Reveal spoiler

Previously on “Sister” “Wives”: Kody complained about not being close with his kids…and then turned down the opportunity to accompany Ysabel on her move. Meri made a stupid video and admitted she didn’t feel like she mattered. Christine acted like a rational person. Kody was mad about Christine, whom he doesn’t love, leaving him. She’s a big meaniepants for refusing to be miserable forever. Robyn made up some BS about Christine still being married until she bangs another man. I laughed. Out loud. Meanly.

Okay, so…this is the infamous “knife in the kidneys” episode. I’m sure I’m going to tell Kody to STFU a lot, so I’ll be keeping a count. Let’s call it STFUK.

I’ll start. STFUK: 1 (for his general dickishness)

Christine is telling the fambly she’s fucking leaving. She’s being rational and reasonable, explaining that she wouldn’t wish her relationship with Kody on anyone. Christine reminds Kody that he gaslit her about moving back to Utah.  Janelle can process human emotions. Kody accuses Christine, whom Kody has admitted was the nucleus of the fambly (and who spent 25 years of her life doing nothing but propping up this shitshow) of being about the man, not the fambly. Janelle calls him on it in a talking head (tell him in real life, Janelle), saying flat-out that Christine was all about the fambly.

Christine, paraphrased: “I was all about the fambly, fucker.”

STFUK: 2

Robyn, about Kody berating Christine: “At least they’re talking.”

STFUR: 1

Janelle has no idea who this patriarchal douchebag is. I recognize him just fine. Unfortunately.

Christine: “I’m tired of being heartbroken.”

Kody: “That’s because you’re all about you.”

Me: “What the fuck?”

STFUK: 3

Kody blathers on about everything he’s done for Christine. No word on what he’s done for Christine. Kody blames Christine for his bad relationships with his adult kids, and not because his kids know exactly who he is and hate him for it.

STFUK: 4

Kody actually says (I’m not making this up) that he held Christine’s hand and kissed her because it was his duty as a husband, and not because he loved her, and he is still shocked and angry she’s leaving. You can’t make this shit up, y’all.

STFUK: 5

Kody smiles at Meri for the first time in months in order to manipulate her into insulting Christine. He all but says it.

STFUK: 6

Kody is not only upset about Kody being rejected, but abut Robyn being rejected. Poor, sweet Robyn came to the fambly, “cap in hand,” (bills in hand, IIRC) and only asked to be accepted.

STFUK: 7

No one has knifed Kody in the kidney yet. Frankly, I’m shocked at their restraint.

Robyn has never been interested in having a relationship with Christine nor with Christine having one with her kids, but she’s very worried now about whether those relationships are possible. She is not fucking kidding.

STFUR: 2

Christine (paraphrased): “I’m close with Janelle and no one else. So fuck off.”

Meri is suddenly upset about a lack of a relationship with Christine?! She’s not kidding either!

Kody stands up, red-faced and furious, ranting like he's auditioning for a dinner theatre production of "Hamlet," to yell at Christine about how she refused to try to have a relationship with the other “wives.” Christine points out that that’s not true, but remains otherwise calm, probably because Kody is shrieking like an asshole and she knows he won't listen anyway. He admits that Christine was “all about the kids,” about five minutes after he claimed she’d never cared about the fambly.

She has, you guessed it, stuck a knife in Kody’s kidney.

STFUK: 8

Kody: “Marriage is a call to be better than you are.”

Me: “Is that what ‘better’ looks like to you?”

Kody says he’s trying to find a silver lining to Christine’s leaving. I thought he was furious at her for being a horrible person who never cared about the fambly, but he’s bereft at her leaving? You’d think he’d be glad to be rid of her.

Kody: “She’s going to tell my kids I never loved her.”

Me: “You just said you never loved her! Do you understand that we can hear you, you SOB?”

STFUK: 9

Kody whines about how Janelle’s been mean to him, too. She’s been way too nice to the Wicked Queen Christine, whereas poor put-upon Kody suffers so. Meri’s glad Kody yelled at Christine. She loves triangulation. Anything to make herself look better in Kody’s eyes. Give it up, Meri. That man does not want you. She’ll let Robyn fake sob in her arms later.

Christine: “I don’t regret leaving at all.”

Me: “Gee, I can’t imagine why. Who would want to get away from being berated and demeaned? I can’t fathom it.”

There’s some more shit with Kody whining about Janelle, but I don’t care (and Janelle doesn’t either).

STFUK: 10

Kody’s trying to move on the best he can. Glad to see he’s forging on with only one kidney.

Soooooooo Christine was selfish but was all about the kids. This douche needs to have his kidney taken out and put in a tub filled with ice and left there. Like my goodness. And quit bringing up every least little thing to try to turn everyone against Christine. They are all human and made mistakes but to bring up how she did or didn't treat Queen Robyn is complete bullshit. Man up and accept the responsibility that he did to the marriage to Christine and the relationships he doesn't have with his adult children because he can't be bothered to go see any of them, they all have to come to him. These adult children have seen how he has treated their two parents (Jenelle and Christine) and see how he is and want nothing to do with him. What is he going to do when it's all five of the Robyn children and Robyn and him living together? What will be the excuse then for him not seeing his adult children and grandchildren. What a waste of air he is.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I dated a narc for years, and I recognized so much of my ex in this gaslighting, bloviating windbag.

One of THE BEST descriptions of Kody Brown ever!!!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, camom said:

With all the sacrifices Kody made to love Christine (gag), why is her leaving like a knife to the kidneys and not a knife to the heart?

He does not have one??

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 2
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Well, Kootie made a HUGE dill in an earlier episode about Aerosol being "his little princess," or some such twaddle.  Meanwhile, Truely is sitting right there, hearing this.

What a shit father.  He keeps it up, saying how proud he is of Ari.  She's going to be a narcissistic little bitch, just like her older sisters.  Living in a mansion, entitled, and all that goes with that.  😠

Maybe Truley stopped letting him win at games so he is salty.  Just kidding.  Although she is the brains if it were a competition between the 2 of them (she has really blossomed, reminds me a lot of Mykelti).  His kids with the OG's all see him for who he is.  Aerosol is JUST LIKE him so of course she is his favorite.  I don't think they will be in a mansion for her entire childhood.  They have no show with just the 2 most hated cast members.  

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

Well my friends, I am packed and ready to go to Lizzie's. I am sure it will be the best 6K that I can throw away! Can't wait to see dead tooth Meri and Cabbage Patch faced Jen all giggly. I will pack my Xanax and a couple of bottles of fireball. Oh wait, has it been cancelled?

As @TurtlePower mentioned above. The courting of the goiter was between Kody and Meri and it was secretive, just like ass Meri and her secret couch sittings with Kody under the blanket while Janelle sat across the room. Douche admitted on camera that he saw her wedding dress and they probably bumped uglies prior to marriage, so I see the resentment starting then with Christine and Janelle.

I am pretty sure Robyn did not want her kids around adults when she wasn't there, afraid they would spill some of the tea of maybe some conversations they overheard with Robyn and Kody about the other wives. Speaking of which, why would a kindergartner say those things about the other little girl and her "man" - very odd, children often pick up that stuff from their parents or other children, which I am leaning toward the 1st option because this was her 1st day at school. 

I am also sure Meri peed a little in her pants when Kody addressed her for the 1st time in probably years.

This family has more baggage then a transatlantic flight carries and I would love to be a fly on the wall. 

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Like 5
  • LOL 16
15 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Speaking of which, why would a kindergartner say those things about the other little girl and her "man"

I wonder what her classmates (and teachers and parents) will think when she tells them all about how she used to have FOUR Mommies, but one left or takes in a Fambly Foto for “Show and Tell.” 

15 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Well my friends, I am packed and ready to go to Lizzie's. I am sure it will be the best 6K that I can throw away! Can't wait to see dead tooth Meri and Cabbage Patch faced Jen all giggly. I will pack my Xanax and a couple of bottles of fireball. Oh wait, has it been cancelled?

No, it’s still on, starts tomorrow! PLENTY of room left! In fact, some people who were planning to go suddenly had to wash their hair so lucky you can take their place. https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/sister-wives-meri-brown-struggles-to-fill-retreat-after-backlash/

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

As @TurtlePower mentioned above. The courting of the goiter was between Kody and Meri and it was secretive, just like ass Meri and her secret couch sittings with Kody under the blanket while Janelle sat across the room. Douche admitted on camera that he saw her wedding dress and they probably bumped uglies prior to marriage, so I see the resentment starting then with Christine and Janelle.

I am pretty sure Robyn did not want her kids around adults when she wasn't there, afraid they would spill some of the tea of maybe some conversations they overheard with Robyn and Kody about the other wives. Speaking of which, why would a kindergartner say those things about the other little girl and her "man" - very odd, children often pick up that stuff from their parents or other children, which I am leaning toward the 1st option because this was her 1st day at school. 

I am also sure Meri peed a little in her pants when Kody addressed her for the 1st time in probably years.

This family has more baggage then a transatlantic flight carries and I would love to be a fly on the wall. 

Standing O!  But, do please let us know what a shitty time you had at Lizzies!  Sounds very enticing!  Oh, and don't mention her brown tooth (actually she has two, with the one on her lower jaw.)  She's rather pissy about that.  😜

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Standing O!  But, do please let us know what a shitty time you had at Lizzies!  Sounds very enticing!  Oh, and don't mention her brown tooth (actually she has two, with the one on her lower jaw.)  She's rather pissy about that.  😜

Maybe one of the fun activities she's planned includes teeth whitening! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • LOL 9
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Well my friends, I am packed and ready to go to Lizzie's. I am sure it will be the best 6K that I can throw away! Can't wait to see dead tooth Meri and Cabbage Patch faced Jen all giggly. I will pack my Xanax and a couple of bottles of fireball. 

Take lots of pitchers!  And if you manage to wrangle your way into Friday With Friends, be sure and give us a shoutout!  I can't until you come back here, all newly empowered and stuff....or whatever the f*** Meri is planning on teaching you!  Just don't come back spiritually married to Kody, lolz!

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

Can anybody point me to the season and/or episode that Kody almost let Truely die?  I only watched sporadically during the first fifteen seasons and I rewatched the first three episodes recently but I don't have the mental fortitude to watch fifteen seasons of this derfwaddle.  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Can anybody point me to the season and/or episode that Kody almost let Truely die?  I only watched sporadically during the first fifteen seasons and I rewatched the first three episodes recently but I don't have the mental fortitude to watch fifteen seasons of this derfwaddle.  Thanks.

It's season six. Christine, Janelle, Meri, and Robyn went on a trip to San Francisco, and left the kids home with Kody and the teenagers. 

Truely got sick, with flu-ish symptoms, but not much of a fever. When Christine got back, Truely had no fever, but was not herself at all. Then Christine noticed her eyes started crossing, so she rushed Truly to the doctor. The doctor told Christine to take her straight to the E.R.

When they ran tests, they determined her kidneys had shut down. Basically, she did not stay hydrated while she was sick (she didn't feel like eating or drinking) and that's what caused the kidney problem.

The hospital put Truley on a drug meant to stabilize them, but it didn't work. Then they gave her dialysis, which also didn't work at first. Finally, it worked. 

The storyline starts in season 6: episode 15, but it is in episode 16 where she is really sick, and they're worried they might loose her (poor little thing was only three). 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 11/15/2022 at 9:49 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

I think part of Robyn's reticence in giving over her children is because she is afraid they might like the Other Mother more. 

I say this because I see a lot of my mother in her. She left my dad and after visitation night or vacations, she grilled us like we were in court. It was creepy. As I got older I realized how insecure, therefore jealous she is of anyone or anything that takes attention from her. It's why she micromanages. 

I feel so sorry for her kids. 

I think she’s afraid they would mistreat or try to manipulate her children, because that’s exactly what she would do in that situation. Or that the kids would spill tea or leak how much time Robin and kody spend together sneaking around prior to the official courtship. 

Also - The only reason Robyn has, or Meri for that matter, I’m keeping Christine around is to ensure there’s someone lower than them on the totem pole. Oh and for Robyn to have a ‘Bully’ so she can whine to kody about being mistreated. 
While I wouldn’t wish the adults in this fam on anyone sane, I’d love to see a younger, funner, courtship come into play to knock Robyn off her high horse. Would be even better if Christine had introduced someone to the family. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, General Days said:

It's season six. Christine, Janelle, Meri, and Robyn went on a trip to San Francisco, and left the kids home with Kody and the teenagers. 

I watched it not that long ago and I feel like in the rewatch, they may have removed a couple of the scarier scenes - does that ring true for anyone else?

And to change the subject, I just realized that we have not seen the inside of Robyn's house in at least two seasons, unless I forgot...but that weird home from school scene with Kody, Robyn and the kids was filmed on the front porch.  So now, I need to know - what's behind those doors, Robyn?  What don't you want us to see?  Do you have a staff lined up like a duchess in Downton Abbey?  Is the place a hot mess of Precious Moments and Willow Tree figurines?  Is there a 5th wife in there?  I need to know.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And to change the subject, I just realized that we have not seen the inside of Robyn's house in at least two seasons, unless I forgot...but that weird home from school scene with Kody, Robyn and the kids was filmed on the front porch.  So now, I need to know - what's behind those doors, Robyn?  What don't you want us to see?  Do you have a staff lined up like a duchess in Downton Abbey?  Is the place a hot mess of Precious Moments and Willow Tree figurines?  Is there a 5th wife in there?  I need to know.

I've seen speculation on Reddit that Robyn's goiter is a result of Hashimoto's disease, which is an autoimmune disorder involving the thyroid. If she has that, or another condition (or is on medication) which affects her immune system, it might explain Kody's strict Covid rules and why they are not filming inside her house. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, General Days said:

I've seen speculation on Reddit that Robyn's goiter is a result of Hashimoto's disease, which is an autoimmune disorder involving the thyroid. If she has that, or another condition (or is on medication) which affects her immune system, it might explain Kody's strict Covid rules and why they are not filming inside her house. 

I think she’s just aging and gained some weight. I can’t imagine them not milking any real diagnosis with oh, poor Robyn, she had a dizeeze, therefore must get extra attention and priority and a disability check. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, General Days said:

I've noticed they don't film inside any of the houses anymore - not Christine's or Robyn's or Meri's.  They always sit outside.  Also it didn't seem like the episode where Mykelti had the home birth was Mykelti's actual house either.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

I have hypothyroidism and take medication to keep levels normal.  It’s in the autoimmune family of disorders and can be managed under doctor’s care.  I’m no expert, but the enlarged thyroid often looks different than Robyn’s…..but, I suppose it’s possible.  I also have type 1 diabetes ( also autoimmune disorder) and those are part of the reason that I was and still am super covid cautious. Some would say overly so.  (Plus, senior parents and special needs, medically fragile niece that I help care for are also reasons).  So, I never faulted Kody for appropriate covid protocols.  It’s all the other stuff he’s done that brought him down in my eyes.  ………If Robyn does have a medical condition, it’s her right to keep it private, imo.  I don’t think being on the show requires one to reveal medical information. So, if she doesn’t reveal….I get it.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think she’s just aging and gained some weight. I can’t imagine them not milking any real diagnosis with oh, poor Robyn, she had a dizeeze, therefore must get extra attention and priority and a disability check. 

I'm with you.  It seems like her pregnancy with Aerosol didn't go very well, in that she didn't bounce back like she did with King Sol.  Just guessing.

4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I watched it not that long ago and I feel like in the rewatch, they may have removed a couple of the scarier scenes - does that ring true for anyone else?

I want to know, too!  Don't forget the rumor (triggered by Gabriel) when he said he hadn't seen his dad for 8 months.  That led to speculation that Sobyn birthed her 6th kid (you know, her dark-haired spirit baby.)  

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

My aunt has Graves Disease. 

I googled Graves disease neck. This is one that I got. 

20221117_125159.jpg

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

I don't think bitchiness or extreme manipulation are symptoms of Hashimoto's disease, but hey, maybe they are if there's a knife to the kidneys? 😇

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 2
  • LOL 10
19 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

My aunt has Graves Disease. 

I googled Graves disease neck. This is one that I got. 

20221117_125159.jpg

I’m no expert, but Graves is normally associated with weight loss too.  But, you never know.  

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, smarty said:

I've noticed they don't film inside any of the houses anymore - not Christine's or Robyn's or Meri's.  They always sit outside.  Also it didn't seem like the episode where Mykelti had the home birth was Mykelti's actual house either.  

It could have been TLC protocols. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2

My take on why Kody/Robyn don't give a lot of grief to Janelle (who seems to have really seen the light, between Kody's mistreatment of her kids, his unrealistic and bendable Covid "protoculls", and his open scorn of her living in a trailer in the hopes of building her permanent home) is that she, especially in the early years, had a meaningful job and contributed a lot to the family bank account. She also worked, if I recall, as an accountant so she is probably the only one of all these knuckleheads who has a clue about keeping the books balanced and where their money actually goes. Her mistake was in thinking that Kody would treat her equitably when push came to shove and she wanted to take out a portion of what is rightfully hers. Kody seems to be one of those guys who *thinks* he's in great shape financially, when all he does in truth is rob Peter to pay Paul; taking out second and third mortgages on homes, probably extending lines of credit and opening credit card accounts that pay off others with higher rates, etc. In fact, I think I read that he has borrowed against Robyn's house (the midieval castle) more than once and there was talk (speculation?) that perhaps one of the reasons he felt compelled to flee LV a few years back was that they mortgaged the cul-de-sac homes with adjustable rate mortgages and that they were facing balloon payments. I know people who live like that (gives me agita to even think about it) but I think it's more common than we realize. And now, with Christine leaving and Janelle feeling that she doesn't need these clowns in her life anymore, the prospect of not having a TV show is making K&R quake in their boots and therefore they are "upset and angry." 

Drives me crazy to hear Kooky rant on about how Christine "SUDDENLY" walks out and "WON'T EVEN WORK ON THE RELATIONSHIP." We've been hearing for at least 3 seasons, ON CAMERA, Christine expressing her loneliness in the marriage and her desire to fix it - along with Kody's admission that he wasn't and isn't attracted to her. He needs to go back and watch the recordings. 

He also completely twisted her assertion that she was "all about the man and not the family!!!" For probably 8 seasons, her opening blurb was "I didn't want just the man; I wanted the family." I guess that having 6 of his children, raising them as well as another woman's 6, cooking/cleaning/staying home with those children, and keeping her mouth shut doesn't account for any "family" commitment, huh, Kodes?

The hugging and sobbing that Robyn and Meri put on for the cameras was ridiculous. Unless they were whispering to each other, "what happens when TLC drops us? Can we sell enough leggings to make ends meet? Will I have to fire the nanny? Are trips to Victoria's Secret out of the question now? Ohh, woe is meeee!"

Edited by KateHearts
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3