Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E07: The Failed Priest

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

She couldn't find the right rental  so she jumped to I'll just buy a travel trailer.

seems like if she and Christine were close (which we assume they are) that Janelle would have been told of Christine's plans and rented her house.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 10/23/2022 at 11:29 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

One good thing I got was the belly laughs at Kody dancing at the wedding.  Omg!  That was bizarre!

Once again, Kotex demonstrates that everything is about him.  His ridiculous flailing and stomping took up the whole dance floor.  Nobody else had a chance to dance at that wedding.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 10/24/2022 at 10:32 AM, 65mickey said:

I am assuming that the wedding was not a polygamous wedding. If it were I would think he might be on a scouting trip for another wife.

And I'd expect a lot more attendees.  In fact, until the camera pulled back to show a few audience members, I thought the wedding was fake (because who would want to remember *that* as their wedding day?).  In fact, I still think it was faked.  For one thing, if the bride and groom went to the expense of renting a "venue," I'd expect the ceremony to be a bigger dill than we were treated to.  There were no decorations or flowers to speak of, one male and one female attendant, and just an aura of the VFW hall before they bring in the bingo tables.

Kotex is a horse's ass, but surely even he wouldn't do that to a good friend.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

seems like if she and Christine were close (which we assume they are) that Janelle would have been told of Christine's plans and rented her house.  

At one point Christine offered her place as a rental for Janelle, but Janelle wasn't interested.

I think Janelle knew of Christine's plans, but she really wanted to live on the property.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Janelle: I'm not sure where he is spiritually, but he enjoys–

Being the center of attention which has absolutely nothing to do with spirituality. He'd probably lead a satanic cult if he thought he'd have an audience.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I forget if it was in an episode, or if I saw this someplace else, but she did basically say that Mykelti and Tony helped her see that marriage doesn’t have to be a battle. 

I think that Christine was envious of her daughters' monogamous marriages, and that contributed toward her decision to dissolve her spiritual marriage.  She also resented Robyn's "fully functional" (and monogamous) marriage, which she complained about frequently with Kody's ending the intimacy (gag).  

I think Mykelti and Tony helped her see marriage as a partnership by modeling it, rather than by intervention, and Aspyn and Mitch's marriage reinforced it.  Christine and Aspyn, however, both talked about how they set their sights on their husbands - Christine, claiming that the women choose in polygamy, and Aspyn, saying that she always "dreamt of a ginger" and always had a crush on Mitch. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I HATED this scene!  It made me so mad for Truley.  So she hates riding bikes.  Not everyone is good at it or likes it.  I really want to kick Kody in the nads.

And that bike seat was 2-3" too high for her, so I cannot blame her for being afraid of falling onto the bar.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 10/24/2022 at 6:49 PM, nosedive said:

Oh, but let's all give it a try.😜  I'll start.  Excrement.

I've been using my favorite descriptor for a while now.... KoDoucheCanoe.

HOWEVER, having read this thread tonight, I have a NEW favorite, compliments of gingerella: KING OF PLANET DUMBASS!!!!  I love that one!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I've only just noticed - when Kody is doing his  talking heads - he's looking directly into the lens and he blinks very infrequently.  I tried matching the frequency of his blinks and my eyes were burning before he'd blink.  It's kind of odd - is it just what he does?  And now I'm reading up on blinking....

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Wink 1
1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

According to the interwebs, an intense stare without blinking is a sign of being a psychopath! 

hmmm, lol ... 

I've also seen that in my studies of sociopaths and psychopaths.  Some say the affected have a lesser blink rate.  I'm not a psychologist so do your own research.

In my opinion, he definitely has narcissistic tendencies, for days and days!!!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Yes. He was good (better) at hiding it when he felt like he had the whole fambly under his thumb. Now that Christine has had the audacity to assert herself as a person, his mask is slipping—and wow is there a nasty, self-absorbed asshole underneath.

I don't think he necessarily hid it so much as he was just constantly overwhelmed with all the little kids.  I suspect that he wasn't exactly being a husband and father in the short time with each wife, but concentrating on the children of each wife.  His focus was always on the kids and the "big pitchur" but it can look like he was trying to interact with each one individually.  So once there were very few small children around to focus on, as we saw him do with Meri, the wife falls off his radar and he stops having any time for them. Janelle seemed fine as long as he does pop in time to time for a fabulous evening of family financial discussions and quarterly taxes and a 'hi' to the high schoolers.

Christine has expected him to be a husband and a father, and isn't afraid to speak up about it. He just isn't capable of that, and he never was. Meri fell into the catfish hole and Robyn still has littles and a very good control over Kody's full attention to the littles. She also has the house that Kody thinks he truly deserves and obviously the best shower and closets for him to hide in when Ari is jumping on the couch.

I think his full on camera assholery is exacerbated by the polarized world out there and him falling into some real dark worlds online.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

I divorced a raging narcissist about 20 years ago. I learned that the only way to shut him down more quickly is to not engage. Smile, be pleasant. Show no emotional reaction to what they say/do. Then do your own thing anyway. I understand Christine's MO. 

Yep. Gray rocking is the only way to deal with a narc. They loathe when they can't get a response out of you. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3

I have a small but very important correction to my recap of this episode....I thought Kody said he'd gotten his information about the state of Utah taking Truely away from Christine unless she agreed to a custody arrangement from the "nanosphere."  What he actually said was "manosphere" and a quick Google search of that particular term has me even more enraged than I was when I thought he was saying he'd basically pulled the information out of his ass.  

It's incredible how Kody Brown manages to top my seething hatred of him with each passing day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

What he actually said was "manosphere" and a quick Google search of that particular term has me even more enraged than I was when I thought he was saying he'd basically pulled the information out of his ass.  

I thought I heard him say that, too! Alarm bells went off in my head.

Methinks Kody has been talking to men's rights activists. I'm sure that makes him extra fun to deal with.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 10/23/2022 at 10:22 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I suspected that’s why he wants the 50/50 physical custody in writing.  That arrangement results in less support money than a alternating weekend arrangement would offer….at least in my state.  I’m not sure about Utah.  Normally, the home state of the child governs.  And they don’t take ownership of the child.  Even if you don’t have a custodial agreement.  

What a greedy pig.  This is his concern--money.  He was talking about some future and non-existent boyfriend of Christine's that would take all their money, and the 50/50 custody is, I believe, about money, as well.  Of course, he wants the proceeds of the sale of Christine's house to go to him...asshole.

• Like 7
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, zenme said:

What a greedy pig.  This is his concern--money.  He was talking about some future and non-existent boyfriend of Christine's that would take all their money, and the 50/50 custody is, I believe, about money, as well.  Of course, he wants the proceeds of the sale of Christine's house to go to him...asshole.

Yeah…it could be about money or control…decision making authority, etc.  I took a look at the AZ and Utah child support guidelines.  The number of overnights may impact the support obligation.  So, if they use AZ law, a true 50/50 physical custody arrangement might mean no child support paid to either party, IF the incomes are about the same, but he could be obligated to pay her something if his income is  more. The number of other children he supports comes into play as well.  The wives have never complained on camera about not getting child support, so I’m not clear how they work that out.  No doubt, they would want a private agreement on money matters and stay away from the court and child support enforcement, who will want to see lots of financial records from both parties.  

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah…it could be about money or control…decision making authority, etc.  I took a look at the AZ and Utah child support guidelines.  The number of overnights may impact the support obligation.  So, if they use AZ law, a true 50/50 physical custody arrangement might mean no child support paid to either party, IF the incomes are about the same, but he could be obligated to pay her something if his income is  more. The number of other children he supports comes into play as well.  The wives have never complained on camera about not getting child support, so I’m not clear how they work that out.  No doubt, they would want a private agreement on money matters and stay away from the court and child support enforcement, who will want to see lots of financial records from both parties.  

Custody would be Utah based, support would be Arizona.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I have a small but very important correction to my recap of this episode....I thought Kody said he'd gotten his information about the state of Utah taking Truely away from Christine unless she agreed to a custody arrangement from the "nanosphere."  What he actually said was "manosphere" and a quick Google search of that particular term has me even more enraged than I was when I thought he was saying he'd basically pulled the information out of his ass.  

It's incredible how Kody Brown manages to top my seething hatred of him with each passing day.

I thought I heard him say "manosphere", but I didn't know there was such a word, so when I read your excellent recap with "nanosphere" in it, I thought I must have heard wrong.  There is no bottom to the pit of his vileness.

6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Christine seems to doing moderately well running her various MLM scams businesses. Could it be that she is actually now earning more than KoDouche? Maybe he is hoping that with 50/50 custody she would be forced to pay him.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
On 10/25/2022 at 2:34 AM, butterbody said:

And this is exactly why he is so shitty to Gabe. Instead of being proud of what a wise young man he is, Kody is threatened by him 

Most of the kids are wiser than Kody, which is a good thing. Kody seems to love his kids until they find their own voice and start asking awkward questions. He surrounds himself with people who adore him and if you don’t, he doesn’t want you. When you actively confront him, he becomes angry and says vicious things in an attempt to make you feel bad and shut you up. 
He can’t get a hold on Paedon and Janelle’s boys, apart from Gabe, because they usually don’t engage, turn around and leave when he does that. Gabe actually tries to talk and reason with him and that doesn’t work with Kody who then makes him cry.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9

I finished watching the episode. Someone from the "manosphere" needs to tell Kody that if his dumb ass hired a lawyer, he actually has a lot of power when it comes to Truely and Christine's ability to take her to Utah. But that would cost money, and he doesn't really want to be responsible for Truely 50% of the time, or he would have followed through on having her at Robyn's during the months between when he first said he would take her and when this episode aired. He literally said that back before Ysabel graduated, and now they are coming up on taking Ysabel to college. So it's been MONTHS, and Kody hasn't figured out a room for Truely, or probably had her over for more than an afternoon, if that. 

Anything Christine does wrong gets overshadowed by what an asshole Kody is. There was a term for that I heard on Dr. Phil once, but I can't remember what it is. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I finished watching the episode. Someone from the "manosphere" needs to tell Kody that if his dumb ass hired a lawyer, he actually has a lot of power when it comes to Truely and Christine's ability to take her to Utah. But that would cost money, and he doesn't really want to be responsible for Truely 50% of the time, or he would have followed through on having her at Robyn's during the months between when he first said he would take her and when this episode aired. He literally said that back before Ysabel graduated, and now they are coming up on taking Ysabel to college. So it's been MONTHS, and Kody hasn't figured out a room for Truely, or probably had her over for more than an afternoon, if that. 

Anything Christine does wrong gets overshadowed by what an asshole Kody is. There was a term for that I heard on Dr. Phil once, but I can't remember what it is. 

I have read quite a few comments on Reddit about real life custody agreements from amicable to dirty fights and it seems that Kody could have really derailed Christine's plans and wield a whole lot of power over her living arrangements if he would have acted right then.

It makes you wonder, even now, if Kody has any idea of that fact.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Custody would be Utah based, support would be Arizona.

You think so?  Perhaps.  I’m not licensed in either state, but I’m not sure it would be much difference in the obligation regardless of which guide is is applied. Both are determined on a pro rata basis, according to income. Without knowing the incomes and expenditures for the child, I can’t run a worksheet. However, looking at the guideline amount for parents who’s monthly combined income is $10,000. the amount is pretty close in both states’ guidelines. (I’m not suggesting that’s their income.). I would think custody could be either under UCCJEA, depending on whether either filed in AZ before the child moved or Christine waited 6 months.  And it’s difficult for me to imagine either of them filing. I did see a AZ statute-requirement of written notification to the moving party when you intend to move out of state with the child, but I couldn’t tell if that is only for cases where the parties are under and existing order.  ? Would that apply otherwise?  Also, must your parenting time agreement be formalized through the court?   I suppose they’ll reveal more as the drama unfolds.  

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
9 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I have read quite a few comments on Reddit about real life custody agreements from amicable to dirty fights and it seems that Kody could have really derailed Christine's plans and wield a whole lot of power over her living arrangements if he would have acted right then.

True.  I just posted above about my reading that AZ requires notification of moving to another state prior to taking the minor child, however, it wasn’t clear to me, if that applies to people who don’t have a pending lawsuit or order for custody. Maybe, someone who knows can chime in.  But, it’s difficult for me to imagine Kody placing himself under the jurisdiction of a court regarding custody……he’s very opinionated about that.  So……I guess we’ll see eventually how they resolved it.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 10/24/2022 at 5:23 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I cannot imagine the information Kody is getting from the manosphere - and it really is shocking that he admitted on camera he was checking there. And then on top that he admitted he was getting "creative".  It is hard to speculate on custody cases because they are all so different.

In most states probate courts have a guardian at litem, who is an individual appointed by the court who interviews the child to see what is in the best interest of the child. In a case as complicated as Kody and Christine, and Truely being 11, I think the guardian at litem would be able to surmise what would be in the best interest of Truely. But considering they were never legally married and he is all about keeping control it is probably an issue Christine will not have to worry about, and then I believe by age 14 Truely can tell the court who she wants to live with. 

Kody won't give Truely a bedroom in the mansion, so I doubt he is going to spend the time and money in court to fight for her. Plus he would have to disclose his financials and he is not about to do that. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Kotex Skid Mark Brown is a real *******.   Never have I ever felt such repulsion towards someone I don't even know.   His pouty mouth makes me want to punch it.  

He was never going to go for custody of Truley.  If he did, he'd have to open himself and all his financials up to the court and that wasn't a happenin' thing.  

He'd also have to hire an attorney and pay a court appointed amount of child support as well, and that's never going to happen, either.   Christine will be lucky if he even sends a birthday card to that little girl.  He'd have to remember how old she is and actually buy a card and send it to Utah...and oh horrors, what if Utah got his DNA that way and hunted him down for his polygamous behavior???  😮 Paranoia and massive delusion, thy name is Kody Skid Mark Brown.  

So, Mr. IlovemyselfIthinkI'mgrand noodle-air head needs to take a long dance off a short dock and disappear into the black void of an alligator infested swamp.  What an absolute horror of a human waste thing he is.      

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

See here's the thing....with narcissists, the reaction is the goal. He is eating up all of the backlash because it keeps him in the limelight.  Drawing viewers is the ultimate goal, it's all about ego and money.  Every posting validates him.

• Like 6
  • Love 5
On 10/24/2022 at 10:16 AM, laurakaye said:
  Hide contents

Kody **** Brown is far too lazy and cheap to actually get a lawyer to fight for a kid he barely remembers he even sired, so he’s just a frizzy hairball of empty threats and stupidity. 

Perfection!!!

On 10/24/2022 at 5:31 PM, altopower said:

The episode title just jumped out at me: The Failed Priest. Clearly Kody didn't come up with that one, since I doubt that he considers himself a failure in spite of his monologe as he drove to Tulsa, "meditating" on his failed marriage to Christine. 

Actually, those were exactly his own words!  When he is officiating the marriage, there are cuts back and forth to him on the couch, and on the couch he calls himself a "failed priest".

On 10/24/2022 at 8:37 PM, b2H said:

For nearly all States, shared custody does nothing to affect the amount of child support awarded.  

Not sure if maybe this was awkwardly worded, but in most (if not all) states, the amount of time that a child spends with each parent directly affects the amount of child support awarded.

On 10/24/2022 at 2:10 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I think he’s lost his mind over Christine leaving him!  Not that he loved her but that she’d want to leave HIM!

I'm absolutely loving watching him come completely unhinged about this!  He is obsessing about it, and spending every waking hour consumed by it.

19 hours ago, Mothra said:

And I'd expect a lot more attendees.  In fact, until the camera pulled back to show a few audience members, I thought the wedding was fake (because who would want to remember *that* as their wedding day?).  In fact, I still think it was faked.  For one thing, if the bride and groom went to the expense of renting a "venue," I'd expect the ceremony to be a bigger dill than we were treated to.  There were no decorations or flowers to speak of, one male and one female attendant, and just an aura of the VFW hall before they bring in the bingo tables.

I also would have expected the attendees to be more dressed up than they were.

1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

In a way, it's irrelevant, because what Kody wanted was for Christine to not move AND for him to not have Truely anywhere near 50% of the time AND for them to avoid going to court, paying lawyers, etc. Had he known that he could potentially delay (and try to halt) her moving plans until a court hearing heard the issue, he would never have wanted to open the can of worms that custody hearings are.  Trust me, you don't ever want to come near one.  It's time-consuming AF, the amount of documentation that you have to provide is staggering, and it opens you up to absolutely everything about the marriage and child-rearing.  Kodouche ain't going there!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

I agree, it could be a case study on what happens when someone with narcissism personality disorder gets divorced. 

• Kody lacks empathy for anyone other than himself--He doesn't think about Truely at all, only about how the divorce affects him, and his wallet. He doen't even know that having her own room at Kody's and Robin's house will mean a lot to Truely
  • Kody needs flattery and attention--He makes the Coalwell wedding about Kody, rather than the couple. He was a spectacle!
  • Kody has difficulty reacting to change--He doesn't accept that Christine has left and expects her to support the family financially. Kody doesn't understand why she wants to move away from him and take the profits from the house sale to invest in a new home.
  • Kody has episodes of intense anger and outbursts--he yells at Gabe, then in the preview, he yells at Christine and Janelle
  • Kody is suspicious and paranoid--he states directly that he doesn't trust Christine

Kody is about 'winning' the divorce rather than doing what is best for his children.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, eskimo said:

Christine was jealous of the legal marriages imo, but I bet she is thanking her lucky stars she isn't going through a legal divorce with Kody.  That would be 10X worse.  

Christine has openly admitted to struggle with jealousy. Not sure if it had to do with being 'legally married' though. She was raised within a polygamous community and has always stated that she wanted to be the 3rd wife. Not the first, not the second. So I doubt the status of legally vs spiritually married really mattered to her.

The big problem was Kody failing to acknowledge her and treating her like his least favourite wife. And then Robyn came along and she got pushed even further down the totem pole, despite being heavily pregnant with what should have been Kody's last child. It must have been pretty painful to see your husband capable of expressing these feelings to others, but not to you. I suspect her jealousy stems from this.

And a legal divorce would have been an absolute nightmare indeed! Especially considering their messy financial arrangements and Kody's frantic and vengeful behaviour. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 10/24/2022 at 11:40 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Was his name on the deed?  Ownership would be obtained by the deed, regardless of who is legally obligated to pay the mortgage.  

This is true and I believe Christine said the house is in her name, so I assume only her name is on the deed.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

Actually, those were exactly his own words!  When he is officiating the marriage, there are cuts back and forth to him on the couch, and on the couch he calls himself a "failed priest".

But he laughed with a ghoulish, smug smile when he said it. I wasn't sure what he exactly meant by that look, but possibly that it was a joke, not that he really thinks he is a "failed priest". Do AUBs even use the word priest? Usually he calls himself a prophet.

• Applause 1

I was actually a little surprised when Christine said she wasn’t Mormon anymore and not even a believer in any kind of faith.  That’s really sad to me, because your faith is a foundation you can lean on through hard times, no matter what happens…even if all others betray you.  I wish her the best.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, Endora said:

I don’t think Christine was ever comfortable or happy with polygamy.  Christine really wanted a monogamous relationship but just wouldn’t come clean with herself.  

Christine was a naïve and insecure girl raised in polygamy when she married her first crush. She said she always wanted to be a 3rd wife, but probably thought that was the best she could do. Kootie reinforced that by saying she was a disgusting nacho gourmand who he only married because she was plyg royalty.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, LilyD said:

So I doubt the status of legally vs spiritually married really mattered to her.

Christine mentioned a few  times that she would very much like an official certificate. That was later on, when Kody already had married Sobyn. She also said without that certificate she will always remain a single woman. I remember this so well because she was always the one who promoted plural marriage the most before. 

Edited by Elodia
Typo
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I'm glad Truely has a very good support system, because someday when she's older, she's going to be able to watch the show, and listen and understand her dad's comments about how he said he was going to fight for custody and give her a room in Robyn's mansion, only to look back and see that he did none of those things and that she was just a pawn used in an attempt to scare her mother into not leaving.  And in a family with 18 kids, she was the one who got the literal scraps from Kody from the time she was born...all of her older siblings at least got the chance to live in the same house in Lehi as their dad.

Although I'm not sure which is worse - having once had a relationship with Kody and then having him slam the door in their face (Gabe, Garrision) or having never had a relationship at all (Truely).  Either way Kody sucks and he should be deeply, deeply ashamed of how he's behaved as a father.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

Christine was a naïve and insecure girl raised in polygamy when she married her first crush. She said she always wanted to be a 3rd wife, but probably thought that was the best she could do. Kootie reinforced that by saying she was a disgusting nacho gourmand who he only married because she was plyg royalty.

She thought being the third wife would be easier than being the second, because once there are 2 wives, a polygamous family is established. I am not clear about her logic for not being number one wife.  I agree not being legally married started really bothering her with the divorce Meri/marry Robyn event and was reinforced with Aspyn wanting to be monogamous. At one point I seem to recall her waving Aspyn’s marriage license around. 
I agree Kody and the 3 wives were n’t living in marital bliss before Robyn, but I think his actual marriage to her really destroyed whatever was left, but they hung around for a while out of pride and for the tv money and for the younger children. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5

I think being the first wife is the hardest and has the ability to turn one into a cranky bitch - Meri. The second wife and first wife duke it out when figuring out how to share the first wife's husband. After the second (non-legal) wife breaks the bond, in walks the third (also non-legal) wife.

I gotta give Christine credit on this one as she was not wrong.

• Like 9
  • Love 7

Imo, Christine is also responsible for allowing the Truely issues to be discussed on air. Nothing about that could benefit Truely.  It’s only purpose was the entertainment value that both her parents felt it had and signed off on.  It could only offer Truely pain now and in the future.   In my mind, certainly one of them should have considered the impact on their child.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

Well,  I think that Christine can be charming.  (I wasn’t impressed with her covid travel and found some of her contentions disingenuous.)  But, she has a pleasant personality and I can relate to the hurt one can feel due to rejection from the man we love. Especially, if the man is cruel  about it.  I’m probably not the most anti Kody person you might come across, but even I was appalled with the nacho insults.  I’ve never forgotten it. It was so mean.  So, perhaps people root for Christine out of a sense of triumph, since she walked away.  Idk. I don’t dislike her.  But, regardless, the airing of private, parenting issues was a major mistake by both parents , imo and it really puzzles me.  Was this the only way she’d get paid?  

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

I almost always root for the underdog, which all of the OG 3 wives are to me. So I applaud Christine for leaving Kody - a total Rock Star move. But it ends there for me. Making a Rock Star move does not make her a Rock Star. Christine is still Christine.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/25/2022 at 7:05 AM, LilyD said:

This! Kody couldn’t care less about Christine staying or leaving. But he does care about the damage it does to his ego and manhood. He was dumped, it’s as simple as that and he hates it because he was convinced it would never happen to him.

Agree. Look how he started treating Meri like shit when she tried to flee. As with Christine, he didn’t acknowledge how anything he did might have caused them to want out. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Elodia said:

Christine mentioned a few  times that she would very much like an official certificate. 

Christine was the only sister wife who never had an official wedding certificate and divorce decree.    

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3