Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E07: The Failed Priest

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Kody feels conflicted officiating a wedding while going through a divorce; Christine and Janelle are floored as Kody breaks COVID protocols for his friend but not his family; Kody and Christine argue over selling her house and the custody agreement.

Air date: October 23, 2022

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Christine should shake up Kody’s game and ask for child support.

I suspected that’s why he wants the 50/50 physical custody in writing.  That arrangement results in less support money than a alternating weekend arrangement would offer….at least in my state.  I’m not sure about Utah.  Normally, the home state of the child governs.  And they don’t take ownership of the child.  Even if you don’t have a custodial agreement.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15

The only reason that Kody wants a 50/50 stared custody agreement is to prevent Christine from going after him for child support. Why would the state of Utah get involved and demand a custody agreement between them unless Christine files for some type of assistance after she moves to Utah?  

• Like 4
  • Love 15

As much I think Kody is 100% at fault, and as much as I want to see Christine stick it to him, this episode really makes me so sad for their family. I absolutely understand why Christine is doing the things she's doing and saying the things she's saying, but tbh BOTH of them are acting like children in this situation. The one thing my divorced parents did right was to refrain from letting me see their spite. Kody and Christine spend so much time throwing shade and digs... They need to grow up.

• Like 4
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

As much I think Kody is 100% at fault, and as much as I want to see Christine stick it to him, this episode really makes me so sad for their family. I absolutely understand why Christine is doing the things she's doing and saying the things she's saying, but tbh BOTH of them are acting like children in this situation. The one thing my divorced parents did right was to refrain from letting me see their spite. Kody and Christine spend so much time throwing shade and digs... They need to grow up.

Their verbal disparaging remarks about the other are just not good.  No child professional would say that it’s good for the kids.  A judge would not be amused at all.  In fact it’s quite common for a judge to ORDER the parents to not make disparaging remarks about the other within ear shot of the child NOR allow others to do it either.  It doesn’t matter if you’re right or wrong about your contentions.  I guess there’re getting paid to do it….still…..imo, Truely should not have been interviewed by Christine on camera.  It just feels wrong to me.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

I'm furious that Kody went to Tulsa in June 2021. He did not wear a mask. Delta strain surged June '21. My town, Springfield, MO is 4 hours from Tulsa on I44. Springfield was on the national news bc of Delta. Ok &TX were two of the stupidest states re: masks. I moved home from SE Ok in May. I was afraid to stop to use the restroom bc if these anti vaxx anti mask fools. 

Then Robyn gets sick? They didn't say it was Covid, but if it was? Kody fucking brought that.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

OK wait a minute. If Sobbin was in hospital "so sick" why just a mask? Wouldn't she have Oxygen mask on or breathing tubes in her nose?? Something feels phony about that "hospital photo"...

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, Aspenglow said:

I despise him so much that I truly think that I’ll no longer watch. What a despicable man.

I was done a few seasons ago. Just come here for the snark, which is more interesting than the show. Wait, does our snark keep it going????

Edited by Gramto6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I was done a few seasons ago. Just come here for the snark, which is more interesting than the show. Wait, does our snark keep it going????

I started watching again this season because Christine was leaving. But I don’t think I can take watching him, Meri, or Sobyn any longer. I hope Janelle has left, too, but it’s ridiculous how much time has passed since filming. It’s nothing more than a joke at this point- hope the money was worth it. Robyn got what she wanted and Kody has one monogamous marriage. At least the children escaped. 

Edited by Aspenglow
Spelling
  • Applause 5
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

II wonder if Kody ever talks to Mariah anymore. I never see him mention anything about her at all on the show. 

They go by Leon or Leo now and have come out as transgender, so best to refer to them by those names. And although the family appeared very supportive throughout their journey, I feel like a lot of the children have fallen off the radar and don't appear on the show (maybe by choice?)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, gabyzee said:

I feel like a lot of the children have fallen off the radar and don't appear on the show (maybe by choice?)

They grew up under the watchful eye of a TV camera filming them with consent of their parents but not necessarily their own consent. Now that they are adults, they have the power to shut that off. 

• Like 4
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, geej said:

Does Cody even hear himself say"own", as in the state would OWN Truly? No one OWNs , no state can own a human being. Cody is shit.

Cody magically got rid of the 13th amendment with that statement. No wonder the Utah government hates him. 😂

• Wink 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6

I really think dumb ass Kody is confusing dying intestate where the state or court appoints an administrator who decides how to distribute the assets with not having a child custody arrangement in place.

When was Kody a minister?  I guess a minister of his own making maybe.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I really think dumb ass Kody is confusing dying intestate where the state or court appoints an administrator who decides how to distribute the assets with not having a child custody arrangement in place.

At first I thought he was serious, and was thinking of ward of the state ( which foster children are).  Then in the TH,  he said he got creative about the custody agreement. So he was lying.   Or gaslighting, since he likes that word so well 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 5
  • Applause 7
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Mail order minister. edited to add, Opps Ginger , you beat me to it.

Edited by geej
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Ugh, that "wedding".  I would be so embarrassed to have Kody do such a  miserable job and then have it be televised.  However, the bride couldn't keep her eyes off the camera, so I think she was enjoying her few moments of "fame". 

And, everything else that everyone has already said.  Will Kody agree to another season after he sees how thoroughly despicable he is portrayed this season?  Of course, Meri allows herself to be humiliated on the regular, so it really does appear that it's all about the paycheck at this point. 

Edited by suzeecat
wording
  • Like 5
  • Love 7

I've officiated a few weddings in the past. I thought the entire point was to not make the wedding about yourself when you're an officiant. Must be wrong, because there's no way that Kody could possibly be mistaken. Someone should also tell him his ridiculous dancing looks more like some sort of epileptic fit. I really hope one of his older boys absolutely beats the shit out of him one day. I keep thinking we're probably getting closer to that day coming.

I still laugh at Meri's comments about how Christine is "ruining the family" when everyone knows full well that if "Sam" was actually a guy, Meri would have hopped on her magic cucumber and rode off into the sunset with him. She's just mad that Christine is pulling off what Meri didn't have the (insert produce term here) to do. 

Edited by JayDub1987
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

If nothing else these episodes featuring the Brown marriages shine a light on the many ways relationships are dysfunctional. Each wife has stayed way too long for different reasons. IMO, Christine still loved Kody and was used to the ebb and flow of the marriage and often blamed her jealously getting in the way and it took the pandemic for her to see the full picture. I think Janelle loves Kody and her low self-esteem has (had?) her gaslighting herself about Kody to keep the marriage intact. Meri is harder to figure out. I believe she would have left Kody if Sam was real, but I also think she loves Kody. I find it hard to believe that Meri hasn't had more than a few opportunities in the last 5+ years for a new relationship (yes, really), yet she hasn't had one. Is she now punishing herself by staying? And Robyn, Robyn has only been around for 10 years, the 10 years when everything has been unraveling. As I said in another post, IMO, she's staying for the money and security. Robyn thinks its worth putting up with Kody rather than trying to manage on her own.

One thing all the wives but Robyn share is blaming themselves (Christine is shifting a bit) for much of the dysfunction, which is what plural marriage is set up to do. Robyn not blaming herself for anything reveals she was never really in a plural marriage because once she came along the other marriages slowly died.

• Like 6
  • Applause 8
  • Love 6

I must say that Kody never disappoints me. He is an ass and a buffoon.

From the beginning he has been a man with delusions of grandeur. He believes himself to be the wisest man and best husband who ever lived. That his own family refuses to publicly acknowledge this and in fact show him to be the useless idiot he truly is why he seems so deranged this season. He no longer can control what he says and still seems to believe that viewers will be on his side if he keeps talking. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 10
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

So Kody and Robyn provided the down payment for Christine's house?  Just find it hard to believe.  Yep Christine better lawyer up not just for Truley's custody but for the ownership and sale of the house and Prairie Plague.  No deals can be made with that meglomaniac.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Kody keeps blaming Christine and Janelle for turning their kids against him but he conveniently forgets that the Brown kids have an opportunity to see sides of their parents other kids do not thanks to this TV show. They aren’t just getting Christine’s version of the story versus Kody’s version of the story, they also get the TLC version of the story. And it’s clear to anyone who has been watching this show from the beginning that in the case of Christine and Kody, there is one person who truly cares about the family and has tried and tried to make things work for the sake of it and there is one person who hasn’t.

These kids don’t need Christine to “poison” them against Robyn when they can watch years of TLC footage of her manipulative tactics and his favoritism and come to their own conclusions about what is really going on here.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 17
21 minutes ago, mytmo said:

So Kody and Robyn provided the down payment for Christine's house?  Just find it hard to believe.  Yep Christine better lawyer up not just for Truley's custody but for the ownership and sale of the house and Prairie Plague.  No deals can be made with that meglomaniac.

It is strange, which supports my theory that Kody has one or more wealthy benefactors who have supported him for years.  I wonder how long that will last once they see his progression into absurdity.  It’s beyond concerning. I mean, I never believe reality tv, is real, but this stuff!  You can’t make this stuff up!  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

The only reason that Kody wants a 50/50 stared custody agreement is to prevent Christine from going after him for child support. Why would the state of Utah get involved and demand a custody agreement between them unless Christine files for some type of assistance after she moves to Utah?  

How come none of them realize that, as far as the state is concerned, nothing has changed regarding Truely's custody? Kody and Christine were never legally married, so this divorce has no legal ramifications. Their current "custody" arrangement (e.g. Kody's drive-by fathering of all his children) isn't documented either. 

So Kody and Robyn provided the down payment for Christine's house?  Just find it hard to believe.

Kody started by saying that Christine couldn't qualify for the mortgage, so he co-signed (which, as head of the family, isn't he responsible for securing housing for ALL of his wives and children). Then he added the bit about providing the downpayment, which I'm not sure I believe. At best, I'd say Christine owes him half of whatever downpayment he made but that's it. I think it's clear that Robyn has more than her fair share in the housing department.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If nothing else these episodes featuring the Brown marriages shine a light on the many ways relationships are dysfunctional. Each wife has stayed way too long for different reasons. IMO, Christine still loved Kody and was used to the ebb and flow of the marriage and often blamed her jealously getting in the way and it took the pandemic for her to see the full picture. I think Janelle loves Kody and her low self-esteem has (had?) her gaslighting herself about Kody to keep the marriage intact. Meri is harder to figure out. I believe she would have left Kody if Sam was real, but I also think she loves Kody. I find it hard to believe that Meri hasn't had more than a few opportunities in the last 5+ years for a new relationship (yes, really), yet she hasn't had one. Is she now punishing herself by staying? And Robyn, Robyn has only been around for 10 years, the 10 years when everything has been unraveling. As I said in another post, IMO, she's staying for the money and security. Robyn thinks its worth putting up with Kody rather than trying to manage on her own.

One thing all the wives but Robyn share is blaming themselves (Christine is shifting a bit) for much of the dysfunction, which is what plural marriage is set up to do. Robyn not blaming herself for anything reveals she was never really in a plural marriage because once she came along the other marriages slowly died.

Meri may have had opportunities for romance for years, however I wonder if the men were able to support Meri’s lifestyle.  She derives a lot of her amusement from her career that’s linked to her online presence.  If she’s off the show, she may lose a lot of exposure.   It seems as if the way things are going, she may lose the show anyway.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 5
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Kody started by saying that Christine couldn't qualify for the mortgage, so he co-signed (which, as head of the family, isn't he responsible for securing housing for ALL of his wives and children). Then he added the bit about providing the downpayment, which I'm not sure I believe. At best, I'd say Christine owes him half of whatever downpayment he made but that's it. I think it's clear that Robyn has more than her fair share in the housing department.

I don't know much about this stuff but I would think that just because Kody and Robyn gave Christine the down payment for her house doesn't mean she owes it back to them if she sells the house even if he cosigned for her on the loan.  All cosigning means is that the cosigner agrees to take over the payments should the person they cosign for is unable to make them.  She's not married to him and just having kids with him doesn't automatically make her liable for paying them back if the down payment was given as a gift.  Unless she entered into a specific legal agreement with them to pay them back the down payment should she sell the house they may not be able to get it back from her.  I once knew someone in a similar situation and they had a legal agreement so when they sold the house they had to pay the cosigner back the down payment they gave them.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3