Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E07: The Failed Priest

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

I don't get why this jackass needed weeks to go visit his daughter in the hospital.  He didn't have to stay there the whole time.  So WTF is he talking about?  He's reaching for excuses.

Plus he has shown himself to be a royal hypocrite about Covid.  That he could go expose himself to an entire wedding maskless is proof of that, in of all places, Oklahoma, which was Covid central at that time.  If he doesn't like his own rules he just changes them as it suits him.  This is so obvious to most of us we almost can't believe he's for real.  Does he really expect anyone to buy his lame BS?  Or is all of this just for the camera?

Truly's lack of affect about her father makes me wonder if she's never been that close to him and so isn't feeling any great loss.  That doesn't mean his lack of attention in general won't hurt her in the long run, though.  Actually a room at Robyn's house might help.

Re: Kody's douchey wedding dancing - I'm sure I've seen him do that at other weddings and parties featured on the show.  Someone should put together a video montage of that!

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Meri may have had opportunities for romance for years, however I wonder if the men were able to support Meri’s lifestyle.  She derives a lot of her amusement from her career that’s linked to her online presence.  If she’s off the show, she may lose a lot of exposure.   It seems as if the way things are going, she may lose the show anyway.  

I agree Meri likes her fame and knows it was the reason to rose to the top of LuLaRoe, but I think there is more to her staying, as she was ready to leave back when she was still a lowly MLM sales woman. IMO, there's some twisted logic going on. Like I mentioned above, maybe she's punishing herself, maybe she learned how much she really loves Kody, maybe she wants to 'win' at this marriage/family she "started", or maybe it is for the fame and money, at least in part.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I don't know much about this stuff but I would think that just because Kody and Robyn gave Christine the down payment for her house doesn't mean she owes it back to them if she sells the house even if he cosigned for her on the loan.  All cosigning means is that the cosigner agrees to take over the payments should the person they cosign for is unable to make them.  She's not married to him and just having kids with him doesn't automatically make her liable for paying them back if the down payment was given as a gift.  Unless she entered into a specific legal agreement with them to pay them back the down payment should she sell the house they may not be able to get it back from her.  I once knew someone in a similar situation and they had a legal agreement so when they sold the house they had to pay the cosigner back the down payment they gave them.

His name was on the mortgage. Co-signing really isn’t the correct word, at least I don’t think so.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

His name was on the mortgage. Co-signing really isn’t the correct word, at least I don’t think so.

Was his name on the deed?  Ownership would be obtained by the deed, regardless of who is legally obligated to pay the mortgage.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

Watching Kody's TH prior to performing the wedding for his "buddy" (didn't realize he had any) made me laugh.  He doesn't have a standard wedding script that he can just personalize?  He blathers on and on about how Christine has wronged him, how if he screws this up, he's only partly to blame, etc.   Good heavens, what a fool.

He's not only incompetent as a polyg husband, he's just plain incompetent about everything.  

Of course he was alone in the car with no wife; there was no extra room for one in the vehicle. His big, fat, ego took up all the space.

I’m an Internet-ordained minister so I consider myself just as credentialed as Kody. I’ve performed weddings. And I can assure him he can easily Google wedding vows and readings, which take very little brainpower to personalize. 

7 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

It's so heartbreaking to watch poor Gabe feeling so sad and unwanted. I hate Kody for making his kids feel that way. That's the only dad they have known and he discarded all of them once Sobbyn came in the picture. I really hope Gabe and his siblings can get help or talk to someone so their self esteem won't suffer so bad. It makes me have no respect for Janelle seeing how Kody is treating her kids and she just passivity lets it happen. He's breaking Gabe's heart and I'm sure his other siblings too and she's just okay letting him. I don't get it. I would never let some asshole, even if it is their dad, treat my kids like they're  worthless!! Ever!! Get a backbone Janelle! It's about time Christine did. Now only if Meri and Janelle would. I wonder if Kody ever talks to Mariah anymore. I never see him mention anything about her at all on the show. He's clueless why Christine doesn't just stay there??? So is Sobbyn?? Hello dumb asses...Kody spends zero time with any of his kids or wives unless they are the Sobbyn bunch so what the hell is there for these women to stay living like they're  single and watching Kody and Sobbyn have a happy life knowing they will never have that with Kody again. Him and Robyn make my blood boil!!

I really, really wanted Gabe to be right about how to level the trailer. 

• Like 5
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, dariafan said:

So if Robyn gets up around noon. And does stuff and then goes sit on the prairie dog plagued land , she is surprised Janelle isn’t there.   Maybe she’s at work ????? 

You know Robyn sitting out there at CP in that lone chair looking so depressed…..it’s really pitiful and outrageous.  Robyn appears to be the most miserable person in the bunch from what we’re seeing right now.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, altopower said:

They grew up under the watchful eye of a TV camera filming them with consent of their parents but not necessarily their own consent. Now that they are adults, they have the power to shut that off. 

And should, given the fact that they are of an age to be building careers and lives where you don't necessarily want everybody at the office or apartment building knowing intimate details about your family. Brown is a pretty basic name, so in many encounters they should be able to be anonymous, especially if they haven't been on camera for years. 

If somebody *gives* you money for a downpayment, you need a gift letter declaring that it was a gift and they do not expect that money back (even if between you there is a feeling of moral obligation to do so).  I don't know what the rules are if somebody cosigns your mortgage - presumably the terms on which they later remove themselves are in writing and legally binding. I think Kody n the Gang have finagled their way around so many legal shenanigans over the years that he's just used to trading up and profiting or bailing out with no personal repercussions. And now (or 2 yrs ago) Christine is set up to walk away with a chunk.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Robyn said Kody is a very angry man. Good to hear all is not sunshine, roses and Victoria's Secret at that house. Very, very good. 

Can't wait till next week. Looks like Janelle is slowly inching herself towards the door. I think the only reason she's hanging around is because she really, really wants to live on Coyote P and have her little garden, grow veggies and is still dreaming about this life that isn't going to happen. 

I don't think the conversation between Truely and Christine should have been aired. There is pain behind that childs eyes. Leave her be. 

If Kody and Robyn gave Christine money for a down payment it's probably because she had not sold the house yet in Vegas and couldn't qualify to carry two mortgages. If that's the case, she should have paid them back after the Vegas house sold. Then she would not owe them shit. My question is why was it "Kody and Robyn's" money? Why not Kody and Janelle's or Kody and Meri's? This family dynamic is so convoluted. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6

Forgive me for not knowing this but in last season didn't the nanny bring Covid into Robyn's household? I remember seeing Cody and Robyn's family at a drive thru testing site. Did any of them catch Covid at that time? Is Robyn catching Covid this season a different time then the scare last year?

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Was his name on the deed?  Ownership would be obtained by the deed, regardless of who is legally obligated to pay the mortgage.  

It's all very confusing. I thought Chrisitne bought the Flagstaff house before she sold her Vagas house. So maybe she had to dip into the family pot of money for the down payment. A few years ago someone on this forum said that when Kody and Robyn were purchasing their million $ house Kody's name came of the mortgage on Christine's house so he could qualify for a loan for this house. If that's the case I believe that Christine would have had to refinance her house because you just can't take a name off the mortgage. So it may be at that time either Kody's name was removed from the deed or it was never on the deed just the mortgage. Why does he call this his house? All she might need to do it to give back a portion of the down payment if it came from the family pot. 

Kody admitted that he made up the story about needing a joint custody agreement so he might have made up the story about Christine's house beng a "family house." Then he threw out that confusing bit about Christime giving the family the proceeds from the sale of her house so that they could pay off Coyote in exchange for them purchasing her lot there. Funny thing is Christine sat there and didn't challenge him on this all the while thinking hell no I'm not doing this. Either she finally woke up to how she and her kids were used and neglected for years or she got some good legal advice.  Either way I think she outsmarted Kody just by biding her time and not letting him know exactly what she was planning. Good for her!

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I don’t know, more and more I think a lot of this show is fake and set up for ratings. Kody has the biggest ego in the world but is fine with being shown as a complete buffoon on TV. Robyn looks up to date fashion wise in pictures leaked to magazines but on the show she’s wearing Mary Todd Lincoln curls and ugly polyester blouses from WalMart?

I think Meri and Janelle mostly do their own thing and show up for filming to make money. Meri might be happy being single and hanging out with friends and we know Janelle likes the free to be me life. I do think the stuff with Christine really happened but it is being re-enacted on the show. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

One good thing I got was the belly laughs at Kody dancing at the wedding.  Omg!  That was bizarre!

I missed it the first time, so I rewound and oh boy I was glad I did!

3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Here’s Kody **** Brown, ponytail a’ swinging, suit jacket shed, dancing in the middle of a circle of bewildered guests like he’s chugged 14 Red Bulls.  He then grabs an unsuspecting and likely terrified female and starts spinning her in circles while others watch, unsure whether to step in or not to save her.

This is the best description, and I am laughing as hard reading this as I did watching it!

That poor woman.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Maire said:

Kody has been exposed and he can't deal with it. As my grandmother would say, he "doesn't know whether to shit or go blind." And I am here for it! 

Hee hee!  So he shut one eye and farted!

Still reading all the great comments.  I'll have more to say, no doubt about it!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

He’s as nervous as a three-legged cat on a hot tin roof!  Once again Kody butchers a turn of phrase, making him look even dumber than he already does every time he opens his stupid mouth.  It’s impressive, actually.

Nervous as a prostitute in church would have been more apt.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Robyn said Kody is a very angry man. Good to hear all is not sunshine, roses and Victoria's Secret at that house. Very, very good. 

Can't wait till next week. Looks like Janelle is slowly inching herself towards the door. I think the only reason she's hanging around is because she really, really wants to live on Coyote P and have her little garden, grow veggies and is still dreaming about this life that isn't going to happen. 

I don't think the conversation between Truely and Christine should have been aired. There is pain behind that childs eyes. Leave her be. 

If Kody and Robyn gave Christine money for a down payment it's probably because she had not sold the house yet in Vegas and couldn't qualify to carry two mortgages. If that's the case, she should have paid them back after the Vegas house sold. Then she would not owe them shit. My question is why was it "Kody and Robyn's" money? Why not Kody and Janelle's or Kody and Meri's? This family dynamic is so convoluted. 

Or why wasn’t it “Kody and Christine’s” money? They were still spiritually married at that point, wouldn’t Kody’s portion of the down payment be also partially Christine’s, at least in theory? And, as has been said, if they “gave” the money as a gift and not a loan, Christine doesn’t owe them anything, imo.

Kody really came off as a narcissistic flaming sack of shit this episode.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

You know Robyn sitting out there at CP in that lone chair looking so depressed…..it’s really pitiful and outrageous.  Robyn appears to be the most miserable person in the bunch from what we’re seeing right now.  

And this is exactly what she wants us to believe.  She's got Kody all to herself at the expense of the OG 3, which was her plan all along.  She's played at being miserable for quite some time now...the poor downtrodden wife who gets the "scraps."  I used to not buy her misery act at all, but like the boy who cried wolf, she may very well be miserable right now because what she didn't count on was the other wives bailing, leaving Kody all for Robyn.  I hope she is miserable, trying to contain that manic Kody energy all day, every day, since she can no longer chuck him out the door to spend the night with another wife, giving her a bit of a break.  As always - excellent work, Robyn. *applause*

• Like 1
  • Applause 12
  • Love 6

Meri may have had opportunities for romance for years, however I wonder if the men were able to support Meri’s lifestyle.  She derives a lot of her amusement from her career that’s linked to her online presence.  If she’s off the show, she may lose a lot of exposure.   It seems as if the way things are going, she may lose the show anyway.  

Eventually the show is going to run its course, whether the wives stick around or not. They've been doing this for - what? Twelve years now. Most of the original kids are grown and we have seen several next -generation babies. Any of them that have any sense at all have to know the end is near and hopefully they have planned accordingly.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I’m an Internet-ordained minister so I consider myself just as credentialed as Kody. I’ve performed weddings. And I can assure him he can easily Google wedding vows and readings, which take very little brainpower to personalize. 

I really, really wanted Gabe to be right about how to level the trailer. 

The next to last thing Kody said in that scene was to get the auto- leveler again- which was Gabe’s plan.   The last thing  Kody said was that he was tired and leaving even though the job wasn’t done.   So Gabe was  left there doing it. 

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I’d never heard Truly speak and I was quite impressed with her.   Thankfully she has Christine for a mother and four older sisters and a brother to love her. Plus, least I forget, grandma. 

I think there is something wrong with Kody.  He’s a really dumb minister and that dancing. 

I think he’s lost his mind over Christine leaving him!  Not that he loved her but that she’d want to leave HIM!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Like 6
  • Love 16

This dude, I swear. It's no wonder most of his older kids that have moved out hate his ass. They got around other people and gotten into relationships and seen how much of a c^nt he is. Yes I said it. 

As far as Christine giving him and Robyn money for them cosigning or helping with the down-payment  (how could Robyn, she's never had a job and her Victoria Secrets account was probably in collections, so the only credit she has is that and the Vegas house, which is linked with him, so she can fuck off) it doesn't even matter to me. He was on the mortgage then off the mortgage to buy Robyn the biggest house because she needed a 5 million room castle. So how was that fair to the others. I can see now why Jenelle just spent 50k and got a rv because she didn't want him and Robyn hanging that over her head if they helped out in any way. 

And I love how Meri and Robyn have made   Christine's leaving all about them. Goes to show if they were as great of a sister wives to her, they would have known how bad her marriage was. So they can both fuck off because of that but because one divorced her first husband and the other was about to when she thought Sam was a dude.

• Like 5
  • Applause 11
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't get why this jackass needed weeks to go visit his daughter in the hospital.  He didn't have to stay there the whole time.  So WTF is he talking about?  He's reaching for excuses.

Plus he has shown himself to be a royal hypocrite about Covid.  That he could go expose himself to an entire wedding maskless is proof of that, in of all places, Oklahoma, which was Covid central at that time.  If he doesn't like his own rules he just changes them as it suits him.  This is so obvious to most of us we almost can't believe he's for real.  Does he really expect anyone to buy his lame BS?  Or is all of this just for the camera?

Truly's lack of affect about her father makes me wonder if she's never been that close to him and so isn't feeling any great loss.  That doesn't mean his lack of attention in general won't hurt her in the long run, though.  Actually a room at Robyn's house might help.

Re: Kody's douchey wedding dancing - I'm sure I've seen him do that at other weddings and parties featured on the show.  Someone should put together a video montage of that!

Hey hey hey. I’m eating my snack here.  No need to choose violence ( montage of kootie dancing)

• LOL 9

Gabriel, you did nothing wrong.  The trouble is, you're a young adult now, and you have seen that your sperm donor for what he is.  Your dad can't dill with you, because he's jealous of you, and knows that you're on to him for the shit he is.  So, what you did wrong was having birthdays.

Truely is quite articulate for an 11 year (now 12) year old.  She reads a lot, from what they've posted about her, and I hope she's having a nice new life with lots of love and sister time.  

Kootie is off the rails more and more each episode.  He's so pissy and angry, it's truly frightening.  

ETA:

@laurakaye, that was a letter-perfect review of a horrifyingly awful episode.  Kudos!

Edited by xwordfanatik
Add kudos to LK
  • Like 6
  • Love 12

I wonder if they’ve tried an intervention.  I mean, people who act like that need to be taken seriously.  Wait, then something terrible happens and people are all shocked.  It’s beyond unsettling.  

I’d have googled the RV issue. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+level+a+5th+wheel&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS941US958&oq=how+to+level+a+5th+wheel&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i512l5.14256j0j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=__t9WY8rqMKul5NoPgtOL4AM_24

https://rvlife.com/level-your-fifth-wheel/

Of course, maybe they did try all of these things.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

There's no doubt Kody is an asshole, but to his kids, these are arguments. I'm sure they love their dad very much and this is hard for them. Likely even harder if they read all the Kody hate on the internet. I hope for their sakes they can all reach a place where everyone is okay with each other.

• Love 7

If Kody and Robyn believe Christine owes them money perhaps Christine needs to calculate the value of all the unpaid labour she did watching all his children for years. I think Christine may be owed a far greater sum.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think he’s lost his mind over Christine leaving him!  Not that he loved her but that she’d want to leave HIM!

I thought Christine would be the last wife to leave Kody.  She more so than the other three fawned over him.  She never hid the fact that she was in love with him.  In every picture with the five of them, she is always next to him.  Then after her daughters got married, it appeared that something shifted.  I believe her eldest three sat her down and help her to see things the way they were, instead of how she wanted them to be. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Adeejay said:

I thought Christine would be the last wife to leave Kody.  She more so than the other three fawned over him.  She never hid the fact that she was in love with him.  In every picture with the five of them, she is always next to him.  Then after her daughters got married, it appeared that something shifted.  I believe her eldest three sat her down and help her to see things the way they were, instead of how she wanted them to be. 

Maybe that's why his rejection cut her so deep.  She may have been holding onto hope, thinking maybe once Kody got over all this Covid nonsense that things would get better.  Then, when he told her in no uncertain terms that his love was dead and he would have no further marital relations with her, she caved. 

Jenelle probably doesn't WANT anything physical to do with him and is hanging in there because it's a pretty good-paying gig.  Meri would take him in in a heartbeat but since that ain't happening, she's hanging onto the sweet paycheck as well.  Robyn feels like she *won*, so she's good.  How's that *prize* working out for 'ya, Robyn???

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

Excuse my ignorance, but does Kody have any actual "job" that he has to go to besides the show? I recall something about a sales job that he had when living in Utah, but I haven't heard anything since. I recall at one point Janelle was doing real estate.

My point is if he doesn't have a job then he should have been at Ysibel's surgery. As someone said, it didn't have to be there for the full 6-8 weeks that Christine was there but he could have been there for part of it. And this whole thing about he can't leave Robyn kids for more than 2-3 days?

Two of Robyn kids are adults and another one is almost an adult. They should be perfectly capable of doing laundry, cooking meals, taking care of the little ones. And if they aren't capable they must be kind of stupid.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Season 17, episode whatever: "CAN YOU HEAR ME RAGE-TYPING THIS RECAP??!&^%$^"

Hide contents

Disclaimer: while I enjoy swearing in real life, I am a bit hesitant to post the exact phrases I want to use  when describing my true and honest fillings towards Kody Brown, so henceforth when you see **** in this diatribe, please feel free to insert your choice of descriptors - the more vivid, the better.  I believe we will all be on pretty much the same page going forward.  Thank you.

We begin with **** Kody **** Brown driving solo through the plains of Texas, headed for Tulsa where he is going to officiate his friend’s wedding (apparently, said friend missed the episode where Kody officiated for Maddie and Caleb and made it all about himself).  Kody says how much he enjoys the solitude, and how driving puts him in a meditative state – but he is also ruminating on how Christine completely ruined his life by leaving his ass, so which is it – is he angrily meditating?  I don’t think that’s how it’s supposed to work, ****.  As for that pesky Covid?  It’s fine now, because there are only 11,000 cases in the US so he’s confident he can dodge it with no need for any of Robyn’s Kody’s protoculls.  I did a modicum of research and while he probably wasn’t too far off numbers-wise, it’s still simply fascinating that Mr. Covid-Nineteen Binder Guy is suddenly just dandy with officiating a freaking wedding, the very definition of “crowd of strangers sharing cooties.”  Clearly Robyn gave him the okey-dokey to go, and speaking of Mrs. Binder, she’s nowhere to be seen – Kody says that she couldn’t go because there would be no one to watch the kids…to which I am confused, because Kody and Robyn not only employ a nanny, they also house two adult children who should be more than capable of handling Sol and Ari for a couple of days?  My sense is that Robyn didn’t want to participate in a wedding celebration when 75% of Kody’s marriages are currently circling the toilet like turds.  Robyn gains no points for that decision from me, though.  Everyone knows Kody and Robyn are living monogamously, so her absence is more obvious than her staying home.  And if she sent him off because she wanted some time away from his stupid hair and manic energy?  Tough luck, sister – this is what you wanted.  Have fun, Dark Queen.

Christine tells us how telling Truely about the “divorce” was the hardest conversation she’s ever had to have.  We see Christine and Truely talking things over, and while this chat had a bit of a stilted, re-enactment vibe to it, I am going on record as cementing Truely Brown as my favorite Brownie.  This child is barely 11 and speaks with such eloquence and lucidity, it’s difficult to imagine she’s a child of Kody’s.  Truely explains that she was briefly heartbroken, especially since she now realizes that she was the last to know and she was also the one this divorce and subsequent move would affect the most, but she’s in a good place now and understands.  In her solo interview, she speaks with a particular affect that reminds me strongly of Mykelti, but my goodness – Truely gets her points across with poise belying her age.  She also states that when Kody eventually got around to talking to her, it was basically him saying “So you know?”  To which Truely answered, “Yes” and Kody replied, “OK.”  That sounds about right.  Kody blathers about how disappointed he is that Truely seemed to be so chill about the news that her father was no longer going to be able to see her as much, play with her, take her out for ice cream….oh, wait, no.  He never did those things.  She can’t miss what she's never had.  Kody is upset at Truely’s reaction because he so badly wanted to throw that back on Christine in the form of guilt for crushing poor little soul, but it turns out, she’s good.  Nice try, you **** *****.  Also, **** you, Kody.

Let’s play a game and tally the Brown kids that Kody has crushed in this episode so far: current count, 1.

Kody is back talking about his officiant gig and man, he is positively GIDDY as he tells us that he can’t write anything down!  He cannot think of what to say!  You guys, he’s blanking on how to sermonize the greatness that is marriage when he’s on the cusp of Christine leaving, so what can he possibly say about marriage that’s positive?  I hope Robyn watches this and beans him over the head with a frying pan but also, she deserves it.  Kody is just so freaking thrilled that he’s going to be the center of attention to a group of unsuspecting wedding guests, he can hardly sit still on the interview couch.  He’s as nervous as a three-legged cat on a hot tin roof!  Once again Kody butchers a turn of phrase, making him look even dumber than he already does every time he opens his stupid mouth.  It’s impressive, actually.

I cringe sooo hard at the wedding footage of Kody stumbling and garbling his way through that ceremony, I almost levitate out of my chair.  He is peacocking SO hard, but then we get to footage of the reception and while I’m sure I don’t have to tell you what we see in this sequence, for those of you who to refuse to watch this train wreck of a show?  I am going to describe it because we should all have to suffer collectively.  Here’s Kody **** Brown, ponytail a’ swinging, suit jacket shed, dancing in the middle of a circle of bewildered guests like he’s chugged 14 Red Bulls.  He then grabs an unsuspecting and likely terrified female and starts spinning her in circles while others watch, unsure whether to step in or not to save her.  THIS is Kody **** Brown, everyone.  Give him an audience of strangers and he’s literally in his glory!  Wives?  Kids?  Who?  Doesn’t matter!  He’s shaking his weave like there’s no tomorrow to the stunned adoring eyes of his public!  Nothing else matters!  Wheeeeeeeee!!!

**** idiot.

Meanwhile, Christine brings us back to reality by describing how utterly crushed and devastated Gwen and Ysabel were to discover that their “father,” who claimed to not be able to speak to them these past 15 months because of Covid, decided that it was just fine to trek to Tulsa to perform a wedding.

Crushed Kids tally: 3.

Now we see Janelle, the “smart” one, who just bought a massive RV and thought that all she’d have to do is park the thing and hook it up, “somehow,” to a mythical power source and she’d be good to go.  She, Kody and Gabe are trying to level this behemoth on the cratered plains of Coyote Pass.  Kody is yelling at Gabe to stop using the “auto-level” and let him figure this out, while Gabe calmly explains that if Kody would shut his trap for 5 seconds Gabe could explain how to make this work, as he’s the only one with more than a minute’s experience trying to get the thing level.  **** Kody **** Brown interviews that Gabe doesn’t know what he’s talking about because Gabe hasn’t read the RV’s manual (and Kody has??  Hahahahahahaha), and that basically, Gabe should really just step back and be quiet.  Whatever Kody is doing is making it worse, and as Janelle tentatively lumbers up the steps the RV, she's probably praying that the thing won’t tip over every time she rolls over in bed.  Gabe interviews that things have not been great between him and Kody ever since their conversation on CP about Kody’s 174-part protocol missive, and here is the part of the show where every single curse word I know and some that I made up on the spot comes into play when Gabe says that he’s not sure what he did wrong.  Half of my vocabulary is aimed at Kody for making his child so upset that he has no relationship with his dad and is blaming himself, while the other half is directed squarely at Janelle for not taking her kids and moving anywhere in the United States not named Flagstaff as soon as she was able to watch for herself that initial exchange between Gabe, Garrison and Kody.  I was profoundly uncomfortable during the entire sequence where Gabe and Kody are together, because it’s crystal clear that Kody sees Gabe as nothing more than a nuisance, while Gabe is desperately trying to engage Kody and get him to listen.  Heart-breaking.

Crushed children tally: 4.

Also in this segment we get a shot of a pensive Robyn, dressed in her finest polyester floral blouse and black slacks, just sittin’ on a red bench on Coyote Pass, pondering about how she likes to come out there and survey her land, decide where to put the moat, etc.  And the funny thing is?  Janelle is living there too!  But every time Robyn comes out there, Janelle is gone!  But if Janelle was home?  Robyn surely would toddle over to say hello!  But – it just never works out!  What a freaking weird, non-sensical and meaningless bit that was…what was the point?  That Robyn’s trying?  Sure, Jan.  Go back to bed, Kody’s almost done hand-peeling your grapes, your majesty.

We wrap this up with Kody telling Christine that A. – she needs to give Kody the proceeds of her eventual house sale so Kody can put it towards paying off Coyote Pass, and B. – that unless Christine agrees to 50/50 custody of Truely, the state of Utah is going to assume ownership of their child, a fact that he himself admits that he pulled out of the “nanosphere.”  Christine calmly assures us in an interview that neither of those things are going to happen and if Kody lawyers up, she will too.  I’m sure she knows, as do we all, that Kody **** Brown is far too lazy and cheap to actually get a lawyer to fight for a kid he barely remembers he even sired, so he’s just a frizzy hairball of empty threats and stupidity.  Christine has gone from keep-sweet whisper wife to a woman who seems eager to burn Kody to the ground, and I am here for it – better late than never, girlfriend. 

So, to recap – 4 crushed children, two segments so supremely uncomfortable that I wanted to punch my tv screen just to remove Kody **** Browns's face from it, and one ex-wife who finally saw the light.

Wow.  I am tired, this was longer than intended.  My fingers hurt from rage-typing.  I need wine and a nap.

Your description of Kody dancing at the wedding is spot on.  Too funny, though I do have a twinge of concern in case this is truly a cognitive lapse that is underway and the family doesn’t yet know how to contain it.  There’s a fine line, I suppose. 

One thing about the friend’s wedding is that no one in attendance will EVER forget that spectacle!  I would imagine the talk never stopped about Kody, the minister, comedian, dancer and tv star that brought the house down!  🤣

I wonder if his friend had any idea what he was subjecting his guest to.  And, now they are on tv!  It’s ratings gold, I guess.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3
  • LOL 6

The episode title just jumped out at me: The Failed Priest. Clearly Kody didn't come up with that one, since I doubt that he considers himself a failure in spite of his monologe as he drove to Tulsa, "meditating" on his failed marriage to Christine. Here he is, head priest of his household(s) (is this an LDS church thing?) on his way to officiate a marriage for which he can't seem to find or use any coherent words. It's a pretty huge juxtaposition: an officiant, often a priest in some traditions, whose own house and relationships are a mess. Not to mention the dancing. Was that the failure? Was it his failure as a father, thinking of poor Gabe and Truely? How can he still be head priest of his household if he's not really following a religion at this point? I'm pretty sure the AUB kicked them out because of the show bringing too much attention.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, altopower said:

The episode title just jumped out at me: The Failed Priest. Clearly Kody didn't come up with that one, since I doubt that he considers himself a failure in spite of his monologe as he drove to Tulsa, "meditating" on his failed marriage to Christine. Here he is, head priest of his household(s) (is this an LDS church thing?) on his way to officiate a marriage for which he can't seem to find or use any coherent words. It's a pretty huge juxtaposition: an officiant, often a priest in some traditions, whose own house and relationships are a mess. Not to mention the dancing. Was that the failure? Was it his failure as a father, thinking of poor Gabe and Truely? How can he still be head priest of his household if he's not really following a religion at this point? I'm pretty sure the AUB kicked them out because of the show bringing too much attention.

I took it to mean what they consider the Priesthood, though I’m no expert.  Granted, this is from LDS, not AUB.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Reveal spoiler

Disclaimer: while I enjoy swearing in real life, I am a bit hesitant to post the exact phrases I want to use  when describing my true and honest fillings towards Kody Brown, so henceforth when you see **** in this diatribe, please feel free to insert your choice of descriptors - the more vivid, the better.  I believe we will all be on pretty much the same page going forward.  Thank you.

We begin with **** Kody **** Brown driving solo through the plains of Texas, headed for Tulsa where he is going to officiate his friend’s wedding (apparently, said friend missed the episode where Kody officiated for Maddie and Caleb and made it all about himself).  Kody says how much he enjoys the solitude, and how driving puts him in a meditative state – but he is also ruminating on how Christine completely ruined his life by leaving his ass, so which is it – is he angrily meditating?  I don’t think that’s how it’s supposed to work, ****.  As for that pesky Covid?  It’s fine now, because there are only 11,000 cases in the US so he’s confident he can dodge it with no need for any of Robyn’s Kody’s protoculls.  I did a modicum of research and while he probably wasn’t too far off numbers-wise, it’s still simply fascinating that Mr. Covid-Nineteen Binder Guy is suddenly just dandy with officiating a freaking wedding, the very definition of “crowd of strangers sharing cooties.”  Clearly Robyn gave him the okey-dokey to go, and speaking of Mrs. Binder, she’s nowhere to be seen – Kody says that she couldn’t go because there would be no one to watch the kids…to which I am confused, because Kody and Robyn not only employ a nanny, they also house two adult children who should be more than capable of handling Sol and Ari for a couple of days?  My sense is that Robyn didn’t want to participate in a wedding celebration when 75% of Kody’s marriages are currently circling the toilet like turds.  Robyn gains no points for that decision from me, though.  Everyone knows Kody and Robyn are living monogamously, so her absence is more obvious than her staying home.  And if she sent him off because she wanted some time away from his stupid hair and manic energy?  Tough luck, sister – this is what you wanted.  Have fun, Dark Queen.

Christine tells us how telling Truely about the “divorce” was the hardest conversation she’s ever had to have.  We see Christine and Truely talking things over, and while this chat had a bit of a stilted, re-enactment vibe to it, I am going on record as cementing Truely Brown as my favorite Brownie.  This child is barely 11 and speaks with such eloquence and lucidity, it’s difficult to imagine she’s a child of Kody’s.  Truely explains that she was briefly heartbroken, especially since she now realizes that she was the last to know and she was also the one this divorce and subsequent move would affect the most, but she’s in a good place now and understands.  In her solo interview, she speaks with a particular affect that reminds me strongly of Mykelti, but my goodness – Truely gets her points across with poise belying her age.  She also states that when Kody eventually got around to talking to her, it was basically him saying “So you know?”  To which Truely answered, “Yes” and Kody replied, “OK.”  That sounds about right.  Kody blathers about how disappointed he is that Truely seemed to be so chill about the news that her father was no longer going to be able to see her as much, play with her, take her out for ice cream….oh, wait, no.  He never did those things.  She can’t miss what she's never had.  Kody is upset at Truely’s reaction because he so badly wanted to throw that back on Christine in the form of guilt for crushing poor little soul, but it turns out, she’s good.  Nice try, you **** *****.  Also, **** you, Kody.

Let’s play a game and tally the Brown kids that Kody has crushed in this episode so far: current count, 1.

Kody is back talking about his officiant gig and man, he is positively GIDDY as he tells us that he can’t write anything down!  He cannot think of what to say!  You guys, he’s blanking on how to sermonize the greatness that is marriage when he’s on the cusp of Christine leaving, so what can he possibly say about marriage that’s positive?  I hope Robyn watches this and beans him over the head with a frying pan but also, she deserves it.  Kody is just so freaking thrilled that he’s going to be the center of attention to a group of unsuspecting wedding guests, he can hardly sit still on the interview couch.  He’s as nervous as a three-legged cat on a hot tin roof!  Once again Kody butchers a turn of phrase, making him look even dumber than he already does every time he opens his stupid mouth.  It’s impressive, actually.

I cringe sooo hard at the wedding footage of Kody stumbling and garbling his way through that ceremony, I almost levitate out of my chair.  He is peacocking SO hard, but then we get to footage of the reception and while I’m sure I don’t have to tell you what we see in this sequence, for those of you who to refuse to watch this train wreck of a show?  I am going to describe it because we should all have to suffer collectively.  Here’s Kody **** Brown, ponytail a’ swinging, suit jacket shed, dancing in the middle of a circle of bewildered guests like he’s chugged 14 Red Bulls.  He then grabs an unsuspecting and likely terrified female and starts spinning her in circles while others watch, unsure whether to step in or not to save her.  THIS is Kody **** Brown, everyone.  Give him an audience of strangers and he’s literally in his glory!  Wives?  Kids?  Who?  Doesn’t matter!  He’s shaking his weave like there’s no tomorrow to the stunned adoring eyes of his public!  Nothing else matters!  Wheeeeeeeee!!!

**** idiot.

Meanwhile, Christine brings us back to reality by describing how utterly crushed and devastated Gwen and Ysabel were to discover that their “father,” who claimed to not be able to speak to them these past 15 months because of Covid, decided that it was just fine to trek to Tulsa to perform a wedding.

Now we see Janelle, the “smart” one, who just bought a massive RV and thought that all she’d have to do is park the thing and hook it up, “somehow,” to a mythical power source and she’d be good to go.  She, Kody and Gabe are trying to level this behemoth on the cratered plains of Coyote Pass.  Kody is yelling at Gabe to stop using the “auto-level” and let him figure this out, while Gabe calmly explains that if Kody would shut his trap for 5 seconds Gabe could explain how to make this work, as he’s the only one with more than a minute’s experience trying to get the thing level.  **** Kody **** Brown interviews that Gabe doesn’t know what he’s talking about because Gabe hasn’t read the RV’s manual (and Kody has??  Hahahahahahaha), and that basically, Gabe should really just step back and be quiet.  Whatever Kody is doing is making it worse, and as Janelle tentatively lumbers up the steps the RV, she's probably praying that the thing won’t tip over every time she rolls over in bed.  Gabe interviews that things have not been great between him and Kody ever since their conversation on CP about Kody’s 174-part protocol missive, and here is the part of the show where every single curse word I know and some that I made up on the spot comes into play when Gabe says that he’s not sure what he did wrong.  Half of my vocabulary is aimed at Kody for making his child so upset that he has no relationship with his dad and is blaming himself, while the other half is directed squarely at Janelle for not taking her kids and moving anywhere in the United States not named Flagstaff as soon as she was able to watch for herself that initial exchange between Gabe, Garrison and Kody.  I was profoundly uncomfortable during the entire sequence where Gabe and Kody are together, because it’s crystal clear that Kody sees Gabe as nothing more than a nuisance, while Gabe is desperately trying to engage Kody and get him to listen.  Heart-breaking.

Also in this segment we get a shot of a pensive Robyn, dressed in her finest polyester floral blouse and black slacks, just sittin’ on a red bench on Coyote Pass, pondering about how she likes to come out there and survey her land, decide where to put the moat, etc.  And the funny thing is?  Janelle is living there too!  But every time Robyn comes out there, Janelle is gone!  But if Janelle was home?  Robyn surely would toddle over to say hello!  But – it just never works out!  What a freaking weird, non-sensical and meaningless bit that was…what was the point?  That Robyn’s trying?  Sure, Jan.  Go back to bed, Kody’s almost done hand-peeling your grapes, your majesty.

We wrap this up with Kody telling Christine that A. – she needs to give Kody the proceeds of her eventual house sale so Kody can put it towards paying off Coyote Pass, and B. – that unless Christine agrees to 50/50 custody of Truely, the state of Utah is going to assume ownership of their child, a fact that he himself admits that he pulled out of the “nanosphere.”  Christine calmly assures us in an interview that neither of those things are going to happen and if Kody lawyers up, she will too.  I’m sure she knows, as do we all, that Kody **** Brown is far too lazy and cheap to actually get a lawyer to fight for a kid he barely remembers he even sired, so he’s just a frizzy hairball of empty threats and stupidity.  Christine has gone from keep-sweet whisper wife to a woman who seems eager to burn Kody to the ground, and I am here for it – better late than never, girlfriend. 

So, to recap – 4 crushed children, two segments so supremely uncomfortable that I wanted to punch my tv screen just to remove Kody **** Browns's face from it, and one ex-wife who finally saw the light.

Wow.  I am tired, this was longer than intended.  My fingers hurt from rage-typing.  I need wine and a nap.

I plan on re-reading this substituting different &@“$ words each time for each one you coded. There’s all sorts that will fit each.  
The crushed kid count stalled at 4 because we only saw 4 kids this episode.  Otherwise it would be higher 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, applewood said:

Excuse my ignorance, but does Kody have any actual "job" that he has to go to besides the show? I recall something about a sales job that he had when living in Utah, but I haven't heard anything since. I recall at one point Janelle was doing real estate.

My point is if he doesn't have a job then he should have been at Ysibel's surgery. As someone said, it didn't have to be there for the full 6-8 weeks that Christine was there but he could have been there for part of it. And this whole thing about he can't leave Robyn kids for more than 2-3 days?

Two of Robyn kids are adults and another one is almost an adult. They should be perfectly capable of doing laundry, cooking meals, taking care of the little ones. And if they aren't capable they must be kind of stupid.

Kody apparently sells guns.

The 6 - 8 week timeline is because prior to the surgery they needed to isolate for two weeks after flying there. Then Kody (per Robyn's rules) would have had to isolate prior to going back to Robyn's. So really about 5 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I agree and really didn't like it when Christine was goading her to say all is fine now. Christine has been saying all is fine for >25 years of marriage, but that didn't make it true.  Truely did seem to be speaking for herself directly to the camera. She has a larger vocabulary than her sperm donor.

• Like 3
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Reveal spoiler

**** idiot.

I'm never going to need to insert my own swear words when posting, again.  Leaving it up to the imagination of all those who have zero respect for that worthless  ***** Kotex Brown skid mark is genius.  

Your description of him as a frizzy hairball of empty threats and stupidity is just too apropos!   Hard to elaborate on that piece of perfection.   ❤️

Edited by Claire Voyant
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

I'm never going to need to insert my own swear words when posting, again.  Leaving it up to the imagination of all those who have zero respect for that worthless  ***** Kotex Brown skid mark is genius.  

Your description of him as a frizzy hairball of empty threats and stupidity is just too apropos!   Hard to elaborate on that piece of perfection.   ❤️

This just cracked me up so much...sooooo true!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’d have googled the RV issue. 

Janelle probably did and mentioned the first thing thing to try - putting something under the tires on the low side of the vehicle.  Kootie pooh-poohed that idea.  But it makes sense. The auto-leveller probably has a range over which it can fine-tune the leveling when the bump-outs are extended.  It cannot make huge adjustments if the tires on one side are inches higher than the other side.  She also pointed out that one of the "feet" was hanging in the air ~3" off the ground; Kootie said that didn't matter. They are lucky he took off without finishing a job he was incapable of. Gabe probably figured it out.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

By now I am sure all of the money issues between Kody and Christine have been settled.  But I would have loved for Christine to say to Kody after he told her that she should turn over the proceeds of the sale of her house hell no.  In fact she was going to hire a forensics accountant  to track down every dime that they received from TLC and every dime that was deposited into the family acoount and every dime that was withdrawn and by whom and for what it was spent. Even if she had no intention of doing this I would love to see him shaking in his boots about this. Because I have a feeling that the family pot of money was depleted to provide a large down payment on Kody and Robyn's huge home and possibly Dayton's college expenses. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9

Kody you would not have needed 6 weeks for the surgery. Show up for the day of surgery and a couple of days after for recovery. That would have been fine. 
 JUST SHOW YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR KID!

You wouldn’t need to be gone for very long for college move in either  spend some father daughter time driving her there and fly home   Just a few days  

JUST SHOW YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR KID!

And the entire state of Utah hates him?? I think they have more important issues to worry about than one crazy failed husband.

• Like 2
  • Love 9

Ok can someone with experience weigh in on the ongoing nightmare of leveling that fucking RV?

Im completely bewildered… is it just that the Browns don’t have a clue or is it this much trouble for everyone?

I watched the video of Janelles RV put out by the dealer and they went on about the ease of leveling with that particular model, it was a simple push of a button… so wtf is going on with Janelles? 

• Love 7